PDA

View Full Version : Richard Seymour contract talks with owner Al Davis

HEAV
01-19-2010, 04:41 PM
Richard Seymour said Tuesday that he's interested in returning to Oakland and has already had contract talks with owner Al Davis.

Seymour played fairly well for the Raiders, though not nearly well enough to be worth the 2011 first-round draft pick for which he was exchanged. If a long-term deal can't be worked out, the Raiders are expected to apply the franchise tag to Seymour.

Richard Seymour: ďThis year football was fun again for me. It really was.Ē

ďI am in a unique situation where obviously I played out my contact and I have done my time there. I talked with Mr. Davis before I left and he said he would be getting in touch with my agent to try and work a deal out. How that works out, you know itís the business; itís always give and take on both sides as far as contract negotiations. I would like to re-sign out in Oakland because I think when you can become a foundation piece and help turn an organization around, I mean thatís a challenge to me. Thatís something where I am willing to take on that responsibility and that challenge. You know help being part of the beginning with some good guys that really can make a difference. I mean I really enjoy putting on that silver and black. As a player , you know a lot of the guys I have talked to in the league say Ďoh man the uniforms and the mystique of the Raidersí, you know just being a nasty hard hitting team. As a defender thatís something that I really enjoy. Will it happen, I donít know? I really donít know, but if they came up to me with a deal and said hey this is what we are trying to do and you will be a foundation piece, I donít have a problem signing back with Oakland.Ē

----------

It's not always about winning...sometimes it's striaght cash homie!

PRBronco
01-19-2010, 04:43 PM
You know the league is broken when playing out your contract counts as a "unique situation".

SouthStndJunkie
01-19-2010, 04:44 PM
Seymour's got his rings....now he wants his cash....and Al Davis is probably the owner willing to give him more cash than any other team out there.

Rulon Velvet Jones
01-19-2010, 04:52 PM
It's like fleecing your senile old grandma for $50

Bronx33
01-19-2010, 05:07 PM
It's like fleecing your senile old grandma for $50

Ya just just tell him some kids are breaking into the pop machine downstairs and when he stumbles off to address that injustice you just add a few zeros to the contract before he gets back.

bowtown
01-19-2010, 05:09 PM
I would pay money to see Seymore and Al Davis in a room by themselves talking about anything.

broncocalijohn
01-19-2010, 05:32 PM
Once Al realizes he cant do a 40 yard dash in 4.2 he will have no use for him as a wideout.

kmartin575
01-19-2010, 05:34 PM
I guess if he wants to play for an organization committed to failure then by all means stay with Oakland.

Cito Pelon
01-19-2010, 05:59 PM
Richard Seymour said Tuesday that he's interested in returning to Oakland and has already had contract talks with owner Al Davis.

Seymour played fairly well for the Raiders, though not nearly well enough to be worth the 2011 first-round draft pick for which he was exchanged. If a long-term deal can't be worked out, the Raiders are expected to apply the franchise tag to Seymour.

Richard Seymour: ďThis year football was fun again for me. It really was.Ē

ďI am in a unique situation where obviously I played out my contact and I have done my time there. I talked with Mr. Davis before I left and he said he would be getting in touch with my agent to try and work a deal out. How that works out, you know itís the business; itís always give and take on both sides as far as contract negotiations. I would like to re-sign out in Oakland because I think when you can become a foundation piece and help turn an organization around, I mean thatís a challenge to me. Thatís something where I am willing to take on that responsibility and that challenge. You know help being part of the beginning with some good guys that really can make a difference. I mean I really enjoy putting on that silver and black. As a player , you know a lot of the guys I have talked to in the league say Ďoh man the uniforms and the mystique of the Raidersí, you know just being a nasty hard hitting team. As a defender thatís something that I really enjoy. Will it happen, I donít know? I really donít know, but if they came up to me with a deal and said hey this is what we are trying to do and you will be a foundation piece, I donít have a problem signing back with Oakland.Ē

----------

It's not always about winning...sometimes it's striaght cash homie!

99% of the time it's all about cash.

uplink
01-19-2010, 08:27 PM
A solid vet who wants to stay in Oakland, what is the world coming to. Lets hope Al fires Cable before he turns that team around.