PDA

View Full Version : ESPN: Finding QB is Gailey's top priority

WolfpackGuy
01-19-2010, 01:48 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=4838981

"1. QB situation: First, Gailey must figure where to find a new quarterback. Under the circumstances, it might not be a bad idea for Gailey to convince ownership to stay with Trent Edwards for one more season, but owner Ralph Wilson might not go for that. Edwards has a year left on his contract, but the offense went in reverse this season with him behind center and several people in the organization are ready to go a new direction.

Even though he can bring the college spread offense into Buffalo, Gailey must find the right person to run it. With the possibility of an uncapped year, the Bills would have to make a trade to get either Kyle Orton or Jason Campbell as a restricted free agent. Notre Dame quarterback Jimmy Clausen could be an option if he falls to the Bills at the ninth pick, but Wilson might not be patient enough to go with a first-round quarterback. Gailey is in a tough spot."

Get ready...get set...GO!

TheDave
01-19-2010, 01:51 PM
I doubt anyone is going to be offering us any draft picks for Orton...

peacepipe
01-19-2010, 01:53 PM

IDK,there is quite a few on this board who think he's worth what we got for Cutler.

Broncoman13
01-19-2010, 01:54 PM

If Cutler was worth two first round picks the sky is the limit for what Kyle Orton could bring!!! :rolleyes:

Right Popps?

Beantown Bronco
01-19-2010, 01:58 PM
Even the haters have to admit that Orton is the consensus #1 FA (restricted or unrestricted) QB right now. He's young and he's coming off a career year. A team could certainly do worse.

PRBronco
01-19-2010, 02:00 PM
Ok I'm not at all familiar with Buffalo...what's wrong with Trent Edwards?

TheDave
01-19-2010, 02:00 PM
Even the haters have to admit that Orton is the consensus #1 FA (restricted or unrestricted) QB right now. He's young and he's coming off a career year. A team could certainly do worse.

So if you were the bills what do you offer for Orton?

jhns
01-19-2010, 02:01 PM

I really hope NFL GMs are thinking the same thing. It would be great to give Orton to someone else. Please McD, trade Orton.

WolfpackGuy
01-19-2010, 02:01 PM
I demand their entire draft...or else...

RaiderH8r
01-19-2010, 02:06 PM

I bet we could get some shiny beads for him. Not those Chinese made Cadmium laced shiny beads. I'm talkin made in Buffalo, NY, American made union type Cadmium free shiny beads. Those are the money beads right there.

I bet McKid would throw in a second rounder to move up in the 4th round to get a 5th round CB too if Gailey plays his cards right.

Maybe we could sign Graham's ball dropping ass to an extension while we're at it.

I also hear McKid is interested in NE's ball boy crew but Belichick hasn't put them on the market...yet. Yet.

***FACEPALM***

missingnumber7
01-19-2010, 02:08 PM
I bet we could get some shiny beads for him. Not those Chinese made Cadmium laced shiny beads. I'm talkin made in Buffalo, NY, American made union type Cadmium free shiny beads. Those are the money beads right there.

I bet McKid would throw in a second rounder to move up in the 4th round to get a 5th round CB too if Gailey plays his cards right.

Maybe we could sign Graham's ball dropping ass to an extension while we're at it.

I also hear McKid is interested in NE's ball boy crew but Belichick hasn't put them on the market...yet. Yet.

***FACEPALM***

http://tribewithted.mlblogs.com/you-suck.jpg

Pony Boy
01-19-2010, 02:21 PM
http://tribewithted.mlblogs.com/you-suck.jpg

NYBronco
01-19-2010, 02:52 PM

They could have traded for the "franchise".

barryr
01-19-2010, 03:35 PM
Yes, get rid of Orton and have what at QB? Simms? Some undrafted free agent? Oh, some high draft choice who won't be ready to play for a few years, but put him in there anyway. I'm really glad some around here are not in the personnel dept. Yikes.

Popps
01-19-2010, 03:37 PM
IDK,there is quite a few on this board who think he's worth what we got for Cutler.

Name one.

Popps
01-19-2010, 03:37 PM
They could have traded for the "franchise".

Hilarious!

HAT
01-19-2010, 03:38 PM
Yes, get rid of Orton and have what at QB? Simms? Some undrafted free agent? Oh, some high draft choice who won't be ready to play for a few years, but put him in there anyway. I'm really glad some around here are not in the personnel dept. Yikes.

Orton & a 5th for Edwards, 2 firsts and a 3rd.

LOL

jhns
01-19-2010, 03:38 PM

Yeah, I'm so sure it will be impossible to find someone to replace Orton and his 20th ranked offense. I saw two rookies be better game managers than Orton this year. I saw a few last year as well. You keep thinking Orton is better than everyone in every draft though.

HAT
01-19-2010, 03:40 PM
Name one.

Me.
I think we got more than equal value out of the trade. Don't necessarily 100% back what Denver has done with the picks so far though.

Popps
01-19-2010, 03:52 PM
Me.
I think we got more than equal value out of the trade. Don't necessarily 100% back what Denver has done with the picks so far though.

That's not what he said. Unless I read it wrong, he said that a lot of people around here think Orton is worth the same bounty we got for Cutler.

You're just saying we got good value for Cutler, which I agree with .

HAT
01-19-2010, 03:58 PM
Gotcha.

barryr
01-19-2010, 04:02 PM
Yeah, I'm so sure it will be impossible to find someone to replace Orton and his 20th ranked offense. I saw two rookies be better game managers than Orton this year. I saw a few last year as well. You keep thinking Orton is better than everyone in every draft though.

Yeah, and how many have great running games and defenses? All of them. But let's pretend that has nothing to do with it. Sanchez for the Jets had 12 TD's and 20 picks, but he's a great game manager maybe because they can run the ball and play great defense. Get a great running game and a defense like the Jets, then yeah, can get about any QB and be successul. Until then, this idiot crap of replacing Orton with just anybody with a defense that still needs work and on OL that needs the same.

misturanderson
01-19-2010, 04:34 PM
Yeah, and how many have great running games and defenses? All of them. But let's pretend that has nothing to do with it. Sanchez for the Jets had 12 TD's and 20 picks, but he's a great game manager maybe because they can run the ball and play great defense. Get a great running game and a defense like the Jets, then yeah, can get about any QB and be successul. Until then, this idiot crap of replacing Orton with just anybody with a defense that still needs work and on OL that needs the same.

12 TDs to 20 Ints isn't even being a good game manager. It's being a ****ty rookie QB that managed to not screw up just enough for his team to barely back into the playoffs with the #1 defense in the NFL and a top 5 (#1 if you just look at total yardage, #3 in scoring) running game and a whole **** ton of help from two division leaders with nothing to play for at the end of the season.

To pretend that Kyle Orton performed worse or even at the same piss poor level as Sanchez (and to an even greater extent Stafford or Freeman) is absolute proof of a major, completely unreasonable bias against Orton, or a complete lack of knowledge of the sport of football.

On a totally unrelated note: I do like that the jets beat the chargers, but I really don't get what all of this "the jets were so successful" crap is all about. They got lucky by backing into the playoffs (they most certainly didn't deserve to get in on their own merits), beat a slumping bengals team and then ran into the chargers during their worst game of the entire year and barely managed to beat them.

BroncoMan4ever
01-19-2010, 05:09 PM

if a team felt Cassel was worth 63 million and a 2nd round pick, Orton with a much better career record, better stats, and his just general makeup as a QB could probably land us a 1st if we really were to try and trade him.

Lolad
01-19-2010, 06:11 PM
if a team felt Cassel was worth 63 million and a 2nd round pick, Orton with a much better career record, better stats, and his just general makeup as a QB could probably land us a 1st if we really were to try and trade him.

In your wildest dreams! NOBODY is going to offer a 1st rd pick for Orton,
I think we could possibly get a 2nd rd pick for him. But a 1st? LOL!

misturanderson
01-19-2010, 06:24 PM

I could really only see that happening if the other team were incredibly desperate, but who knows?

I mean, not even a year ago, someone traded 2 1sts and a 3rd for a Broncos QB with almost identical stats other than passes thrown with the same offensive personnel.

Atwater His Ass
01-19-2010, 06:35 PM
accept cassell was an unknown, much like a hot prospect. he's was a guy with 1 year as a starter, who played pretty well, and had the potential to be a franchise type guy. in fact, you could argue that cassell was a much safer bet due to his 1 year of starting than it would be to draft a blue chip qb out of college. this is why he landed such a huge deal.

orton is much more a known quantity based on his several years of starting in the nfl. orton's "career" year was nothinb but average at best. he won't be able to land cassell type money out of anyone.

BroncoMan4ever
01-19-2010, 06:41 PM
In your wildest dreams! NOBODY is going to offer a 1st rd pick for Orton,
I think we could possibly get a 2nd rd pick for him. But a 1st? LOL!

i didn't say it would, but there is a chance that in this QB dominated league, where every team is always looking for a potential upgrade, a QB starved team may be willing to part with a 1st round pick for a guy they believe could be a potential QB for them to build around. And if there were teams that believed Cassel was worth trading for and giving up a 2nd round pick after less than 1 season as a starter, and 63 million dollars, there will be teams that feel at least as strongly about Orton, who is without question a better QB

tsiguy96
01-19-2010, 06:45 PM
we could get a 2nd out of orton i bet. depends on if brandstater is any good at all or if mcd woudl draft a rookie or get a vet. we will very likely stick with orton for atleast another year.

BroncoMan4ever
01-19-2010, 07:00 PM
we could get a 2nd out of orton i bet. depends on if brandstater is any good at all or if mcd woudl draft a rookie or get a vet. we will very likely stick with orton for atleast another year.

i am really tired of hearing about Brandstater. the guy will never get a shot at becoming a starter. the only way he would become a starter is if the Brady scenario repeated itself. Orton got injured and was out an extended perior of time and he stepped in and tore the league apart and kicked major ass.

the most likely situation is he is a career backup for the team, and either Orton is the man for the next few years or we draft someone to take the job. either way it won;t be Brandstater

Hamrob
01-19-2010, 07:26 PM

Yeah, right....Hilarious!Hilarious!Hilarious!Hilarious!H ilarious!

Hamrob
01-19-2010, 07:32 PM
if a team felt Cassel was worth 63 million and a 2nd round pick, Orton with a much better career record, better stats, and his just general makeup as a QB could probably land us a 1st if we really were to try and trade him.I want some of what you are smoking....Hilarious!Hilarious!

KipCorrington25
01-19-2010, 07:49 PM
We'd never get so lucky as to have someone take that stiff off our hands.

elsid13
01-19-2010, 08:04 PM
My biggest fear is the FO panics when someone make an offer to Orton and signs him to big long term deal.