PDA

View Full Version : The Broncos were after Crennel...why?

bronco militia
01-19-2010, 12:37 PM
from January 13, 2010:

And according to reports, the Chiefs weren’t the only horse in the race for Crennel’s services as a coordinator. Add the Giants, Broncos, Dolphins and Bills to the list.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Crennel-is-a-key-addition-in-Kansas-City.html?utm_source=bleacherreport.com

broncocalijohn
01-19-2010, 12:38 PM
Did the falling out with Nolan happen last week before Romeo was hired by the Chiefs?

bronco militia
01-19-2010, 12:40 PM
Did the falling out with Nolan happen last week before Romeo was hired by the Chiefs?

not sure...a chorf fan pointed this out to me last week and I thought it was bogus.

WolfpackGuy
01-19-2010, 12:41 PM
I would've been more than miffed if I was Nolan and that was true.

loborugger
01-19-2010, 12:43 PM
It looks like there was hoopla involved.

Doggcow
01-19-2010, 12:44 PM

Bahahaa I was thinking the same thing

BigPlayShay
01-19-2010, 12:47 PM

Rep! Those Coors Light Crennel commercials were the best. Bummed they won't be on anymore now that he is employed.

missingnumber7
01-19-2010, 12:48 PM
This smells of the whole hoopla of last season with Cassel.

coachmastermind
01-19-2010, 12:48 PM
Dejavu! Didn't McD sneak around and pursue another former Patriot that eventually went to KC once already? That didn't turn out well either.

DBroncos4life
01-19-2010, 12:51 PM
I honestly wonder if McD was going after Crennel behind Nolan's back if it would change peoples opinion on McD or not. Someone should start a poll. My guess is Super Fans will just say the NFL is a business and no one is safe.

Broncoman13
Sounds like Josh McDaniels didn't like what he was getting out of Mike Nolan. Interesting comments coming out of Dove Valley in bits and pieces. Here is what I gather.

Josh McDaniels wants his defense run a certain way. He didn't know Nolan too well and had to learn on the fly. Ultimately, their differences in philosophy were enough for BOTH parties to decide to go their own direction. I don't think this is a thing where Josh rubbed Nolan the wrong way or vice versa. I think it was just two different coaches with two different perspectives. Personally, I thought Nolan's Defense was great in the beginning and then got softer and softer to end the year. I don't think we're loaded up on talent on that side of the ball so I give Nolan a lot of credit for making lemonade out of a few different lemons.

Personally, I hope that Pees isn't the replacement. Not b/c I don't think he's a good coach, but b/c we need to level off on that side of the ball. Consistency and continuity and I'm not sure you can count on Pees for that with him already having some minor health issues.

Garcia Bronco
Dejavu! Didn't McD sneak around and pursue another former Patriot that eventually went to KC once already?

No he didn't

worm
01-19-2010, 12:54 PM
If this story is true....its not just that Josh is willing to forgo pieces like Cutler and Nolan for acquiring ex-Patriots.

Its that he sucks at it.

TonyR
01-19-2010, 12:57 PM
Why? Isn't it obvious? The discussions about Nolan leaving probalby starting shortly after the season ended. Wouldn't it be wise to start looking for a replacement as soon as possible? And wouldn't Crennel be an obvious candidate? Is this that difficult to comprehend?

bendog
01-19-2010, 01:03 PM
it's that josh sucks at it.

yeah, I mean you might could say 'well, yeah, he tossed Nolan under the bus, but Crennel is more his kind of guy and is actually an upgrade." But .... lol.

I'm not sure that Nolan got a good gig, but he wanted to return to coaching and at least he's got a gig. You can't say he didn't do a decent job for us fans for one year, and he left in a non diva way.

bowtown
01-19-2010, 01:06 PM
Ahhh "reports" -- always the best source for online rumor journalism.

missingnumber7
01-19-2010, 01:06 PM
No he didn't

Oh so Casselgate never happened?

bpc
01-19-2010, 01:07 PM
This smells of the whole hoopla of last season with Cassel.

DING DING DING! We have a winner!

HOpefully McDaniels will come out and say, "Crennel came to me with an offer and it was my duty to inspect it from all aspects of the team."

Ha ha.

Where there is smoke, most likely there is fire.

McDaniels acts in a slithery, deceitful way. He did it with Cutler, he does it with the players, and now he's doing his coaches like that too. He'll keep doing it too, because at the ripe young age of 33, he thinks he's smarter than people who have been in this game for over 20 and 30 years.

It's regretful that we ever gave this guy the reigns to our franchise.

titan
01-19-2010, 01:09 PM
Why? Isn't it obvious? The discussions about Nolan leaving probalby starting shortly after the season ended. Wouldn't it be wise to start looking for a replacement as soon as possible? And wouldn't Crennel be an obvious candidate? Is this that difficult to comprehend?

What I heard this morning on Vic Lombardi/Gary Miller's show indicated this - that the Nolan departure had been a distinct possibility since the season ended. Both McD and Nolan knew this, they gave it some time to think about it, and yesterday's meeting sealed it. Definitely not something that just came up yesterday.

WolfpackGuy
01-19-2010, 01:10 PM
McDaniels acts in a slithery, deceitful way. He did it with Cutler, he does it with the players, and now he's doing his coaches like that too. He'll keep doing it too, because at the ripe young age of 33, he thinks he's smarter than people who have been in this game for over 20 and 30 years.

It's regretful that we ever gave this guy the reigns to our franchise.

But he knows how to use Spacebook

TonyR
01-19-2010, 01:29 PM
Definitely not something that just came up yesterday.

Yup, just as Nolan going to Miami didn't just come up yesterday.

TonyR
01-19-2010, 01:31 PM
McDaniels acts in a slithery, deceitful way.

Yes, looking for a potential replacement for a DC who is contemplating leaving is quite "slithery" and deceitful...

worm
01-19-2010, 01:31 PM
Yup, just as Nolan going to Miami didn't just come up yesterday.

When do you think it came up? Miami offered its DC job to somebody as late as last Friday.

bpc
01-19-2010, 01:33 PM
Josh McDaniels is the Lane Kiffin of the pro's.

bpc
01-19-2010, 01:34 PM
Yes, looking for a potential replacement for a DC who is contemplating leaving is quite "slithery" and deceitful...

Same thing you all accused Jay Cutler of?

How original.

bendog
01-19-2010, 01:37 PM
worm

my neighbor has season tix to the saints, and he's also a big Miss State fan. Saturday I was spinning at the gym watching the saints, and Miss St was playing BB on espn, and they went on an ungodly 22-2 or something run to clip Georgia in the second period. I was laughing thinking of my neighbor trying to get the game on his Iphone while watching the Saints. Talked to his wife yesterday, and that's exactly what happned, but he couldn't get espn, so he watched the first half in stadium bar. lol

TonyR
01-19-2010, 01:40 PM
Same thing you all accused Jay Cutler of?

How original.

This isn't remotely true. Do you have some sort of evidence to suggest otherwise? You are such a drama queen. I wonder how you handle real problems in your life? You must be a real pleasure to be around.

worm
01-19-2010, 01:42 PM
worm

my neighbor has season tix to the saints, and he's also a big Miss State fan. Saturday I was spinning at the gym watching the saints, and Miss St was playing BB on espn, and they went on an ungodly 22-2 or something run to clip Georgia in the second period. I was laughing thinking of my neighbor trying to get the game on his Iphone while watching the Saints. Talked to his wife yesterday, and that's exactly what happned, but he couldn't get espn, so he watched the first half in stadium bar. lol

My God that is a World Class day as a fan. Saints, Bulldogs wining in epic fashion.

Screw the spinning and join him next week in Nola. Next Sunday will be much bigger than a Bacchus Sunday.

DrFate
01-19-2010, 01:45 PM
Why? Cause Crennel has New England ties?

Duh?

I'm expecting Sparky to change request a logo change next. And maybe rename Denver to 'Foxxborro'....

Bob's your Information Minister
01-19-2010, 01:46 PM
It's the Patriot way....

bendog
01-19-2010, 01:55 PM
Heard two guys complaining that the tix were going for more than face value. lol

"The old saints will be back" lol