PDA

View Full Version : McDaniels was not allowing him to interview and Nolan quit.

The MVPlaya
01-18-2010, 05:25 PM
robi2184 @Adam_Schefter Could the firing of Nolan have to do with probably Miami wanting to interview him and Den not allowing it

Here is the answer

http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter

Seems like McDaniel was not allowing him to interview and Nolan quit. He is Miami bound.

theAPAOps5
01-18-2010, 05:27 PM
Again why interview for a lateral move? Clearly he wanted out and only after one year.

bpc
01-18-2010, 05:28 PM
Again why interview for a lateral move? Clearly he wanted out and only after one year.

Exactly.

oubronco
01-18-2010, 05:31 PM
sounds like another player/coach who wants away from little napoleon

BroncoBuff
01-18-2010, 05:31 PM

Question kinda answers itself ...

And didn't Josh say no to Bobby Turner's request to interview with Shanny? Mike had to bump his title to asst. head coach.

Rabb
01-18-2010, 05:32 PM

And didn't Josh say no to Bobby Turner's request to interview with Shanny? Mike had to bump his title to asst. head coach.

yep

The MVPlaya
01-18-2010, 05:32 PM
Go do some research on Bill Parcells and you'll understand more.

Until then, you'll always believe that it will be McDaniels fault.

Maybe he will have more power in Miami? Maybe he's getting a pay raise? Who KNOWS... so now that it's been shown that McD TRIED to keep him, we all know Nolan left under his own will. Blaming this on McD would be biased and pure hate.

BroncoBuff
01-18-2010, 05:33 PM
And Josh's denial to permit Nolan to interview says even more ... it says Josh didn't want Pees.

If Josh really wanted Pees, he would've gladly allowed Nolan to look elsewhere.

bpc
01-18-2010, 05:36 PM
BTW, thread title is full of conjecture. The same thing mvpussy is claiming others are doing. Pot meet kettle.

jhat01
01-18-2010, 05:37 PM
I've been a supporter of McD since the beginning, hence my adopt a bronco...That being said, this seems to be another link on the trend chain. This is becoming a bit silly. I want more details, but ****ing-a!

tsiguy96
01-18-2010, 05:39 PM

why does no one understand that it doesnt matter what shanahan bumped turners title to, mcdaniels could have denied the request. promotion interviews can be denied UNLESS they are for head coaching jobs. mcdaniels allowed turner to leave because he felt comfortable with him leaving or turner wanted to work with shanahan and mcdaniels said ok, he did not hvae to under any circumstance.

Gob
01-18-2010, 05:40 PM
Go do some research on Bill Parcells and you'll understand more.

Until then, you'll always believe that it will be McDaniels fault.

Maybe he will have more power in Miami? Maybe he's getting a pay raise? Who KNOWS... so now that it's been shown that McD TRIED to keep him, we all know Nolan left under his own will. Blaming this on McD would be biased and pure hate.

If he wanted a pay raise he would ask for one, and deserve it. If he wanted more power, he would ask for it, and IMHO probably deserve it. The evidence doesn't suggest he asked for either, only to be able to go somewhere else.

The MVPlaya
01-18-2010, 05:43 PM
And Josh's denial to permit Nolan to interview says even more ... it says Josh didn't want Pees.

Or it could mean he wanted stability and to keep Nolan and was happy to have him? Ever thought of that which is PROBABLY more likely?

You really think Josh thought to himself, hmmm I have the option of Pees or Nolan but I pick nolan? Dumb fucc, Nolan is signed and Pees is not guaranteed why would this even be in his chain of thought?

Regardless of what he does - he was always be at fault to you worthless fuccs.

theAPAOps5
01-18-2010, 05:44 PM
I've been a supporter of McD since the beginning, hence my adopt a bronco...That being said, this seems to be another link on the trend chain. This is becoming a bit silly. I want more details, but ****ing-a!

Thats where I am at. Just can't defend him anymore.

The MVPlaya
01-18-2010, 05:45 PM
If he wanted a pay raise he would ask for one, and deserve it. If he wanted more power, he would ask for it, and IMHO probably deserve it. The evidence doesn't suggest he asked for either, only to be able to go somewhere else.

You're right there is no evidence. The only evidence is that he probably had other offers and we can only speculate.

Not sure you could say he "deserved" more power, that's between the staff, hc, etc.

Pay raise? Maybe. That was just an example but no factual evidence.

DBroncos4life
01-18-2010, 05:46 PM

Super fan card revoked.

BroncoBuff
01-18-2010, 05:48 PM
Or it could mean he wanted stability and to keep Nolan and was happy to have him? Ever thought of that which is PROBABLY more likely?

You really think Josh thought to himself, hmmm I have the option of Pees or Nolan but I pick nolan? Dumb fucc, Nolan is signed and Pees is not guaranteed why would this even be in his chain of thought?

Regardless of what he does - he was always be at fault to you worthless fuccs.

Settle down Beavis.

And btw ... "He was always at fault to you" is looking more and more like it was the correct position from day one.

Popps
01-18-2010, 05:48 PM

I feel the same way. I'm a supporter of what we're doing, though I'm disappointed to see Nolan go.

I wish we had more info, here. Sounds like Nolan wanted to interview. It also sounds like everyone was surprised. There has been no report of turbulence between the two.

People who hate McD will jump to the extreme, obviously. I need more info.
But, I'm not ruling out anything. No one has left Denver thus far (since McD) arrived that I'm crying over. Nolan would be the closest thing to that. But, if Pees comes in and can tweak our system the way he did in New England, I'm not going to cry about that, either.

We'll see what happens. I don't want McDaniels to win popularity contests. I want him to win games.

Despite what any message board rat wants to believe... we don't have enough info at this stage to know if he's a hard-nosed, Parcells type who will get results by doing it his way... or a tyrant who can't get people to work for him.

No matter what anyone says... we won't know the answer to that for quite some time.

tsiguy96
01-18-2010, 05:49 PM

might wanna wait til the whole story comes out. weird situation and i agree everything seems to crumble around mcdaniels, but it truly is not all his fault, and this is a situation that it seems like nolan had other offers and wanted to explore them, mcdaniels wasnt going to let him (and why should he? hes signed here, you dont let your good coordinator go to another place for a lateral move) so nolan quit. thats how it appears to be, but it may have something else.

theAPAOps5
Super fan card revoked.

Thats fine! I am not going to call him a caner or a gutless drunk and demand he be fired but I just can't with good conscience support him.

might wanna wait til the whole story comes out. weird situation and i agree everything seems to crumble around mcdaniels, but it truly is not all his fault, and this is a situation that it seems like nolan had other offers and wanted to explore them, mcdaniels wasnt going to let him (and why should he? hes signed here, you dont let your good coordinator go to another place for a lateral move) so nolan quit. thats how it appears to be, but it may have something else.

Thats all fine and well and I won't argue that. But I keep coming back to why have a desire to interview for a position that is only a lateral move after ONE year.

My gut just tells me something is wrong.

BroncoBuff
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/image.php?u=3331&dateline=1247637491

"This is how many guys I have left"

TDmvp

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Stormontheplains
01-18-2010, 05:51 PM
I believe it is very simple, you will stay with something you believe in, and leave something you dont. If Nolan thought the ship was in the right direction and it was something special he would stay unless it was a head job. End of story

DBroncos4life
01-18-2010, 05:53 PM
I didn't think NFL coaches could just quit and get out of their contracts that way.

bpc
01-18-2010, 05:53 PM
Super fan card revoked.

The smarter majority are having those revoked today. Finally some are asking "what the **** is going on here?", and rightly so. We're the f'n laughing stock of the NFL. The Bad News Broncos.

bpc
01-18-2010, 05:54 PM

HA HA! Thank you for bringing some humor to a really f'd up day.

tsiguy96
01-18-2010, 05:55 PM
Thats fine! I am not going to call him a caner or a gutless drunk and demand he be fired but I just can't with good conscience support him.

Thats all fine and well and I won't argue that. But I keep coming back to why have a desire to interview for a position that is only a lateral move after ONE year.

My gut just tells me something is wrong.

very possible, im not 100% defending mcdaniels but again it just seems like hes caught in another mess and we dont know how it started or what provoked it. could have been that nolan wanted total defensive control, but mcdaniels wanted him to stay with the attacking 3-4 that he wants. could have been a promotion in miami or somewhere else to assistant head coach, more control and more money which coudl be better leveraged to a head job soon. we dont know and prolly wont for a few more weeks.

broncolife
01-18-2010, 05:55 PM
I didn't think NFL coaches could just quit and get out of their contracts that way.

I was wondering about the same thing

Ratboy
01-18-2010, 05:56 PM
Wow.. how can we defend him?

Rohirrim
The smarter majority are having those revoked today. Finally some are asking "what the **** is going on here?", and rightly so. We're the f'n laughing stock of the NFL. The Bad News Broncos.

No, I think the Chargers are still holding that belt.

bpc
No, I think the Chargers are still holding that belt.

I WISH that were the case. McDaniels can't even let us enjoy that for a full 24 hours.

tsiguy96
01-18-2010, 06:10 PM
Wow.. how can we defend him?

because if nolan really did want to interview, it would again be a no win situation for mcdaniels for the retards on this forum.

if he lets him interview, mcdaniels is letting his great DC go somewhere else. if he doesnt, hes forcing him against his will to stay in denver. the haters would hate regardless of situation.

Ratboy
01-18-2010, 06:14 PM
because if nolan really did want to interview, it would again be a no win situation for mcdaniels for the retards on this forum.

if he lets him interview, mcdaniels is letting his great DC go somewhere else. if he doesnt, hes forcing him against his will to stay in denver. the haters would hate regardless of situation.

This is not about letting somebody interview, it's about Nolan wanting out of Denver.

Why did he want out of Denver? Is McDaniels the issue or will he have more responsibility in Miami?

Garcia Bronco
01-18-2010, 06:16 PM
What's the point of giving permission if the can just quit? I wouldn't let him interview either. If they didn't have him sign a non-compete then they ****ed themselves. This is totally different.

DBroncos4life
01-18-2010, 06:17 PM
What's the point of giving permission if the can just quit. I wouldn't let him interview either. If they didn't have him sign a non-compete then they tucked themselves. This is totally different.

I don't think you can that is what I don't get. I'm pretty sure we had to let him out of contract.

Garcia Bronco
01-18-2010, 06:20 PM
I don't think you can that is what I don't get. I'm pretty sure we had to let him out of contract.

Exactly. A contract isn't onesided. What's the point?

DBroncos4life
01-18-2010, 06:24 PM
Exactly. A contract isn't onesided. What's the point?

He couldn't have just left and went to coach Miami till his contract was finished. Just like a player can't retire then un-retire to go play for a better team. Maybe I'm wrong here but I pretty sure we had to let him out of his contract first. It's not as simple as he quit, then went to Miami to coach as this thread makes it sound to be.

HAT
01-18-2010, 06:24 PM
I WISH that were the case. McDaniels can't even let us enjoy that for a full 24 hours.

Speak for yourself...I will be enjoying that SD choke job for at least 3 months....No matter what happens in Denver. :sunshine:

mhgaffney
01-18-2010, 06:41 PM
Hard to see how this helps the Broncos.

Things get worse.

gyldenlove
01-18-2010, 06:51 PM

The question is why would he want to interview with Miami?

He is going to run the same system there that he does here, he will get even less say there (here he was 2nd banana, in Miami he will be 3rd banana), to my knowledge he has no special connections with Parcells, Sparano or Miami and it is not like Miami is an all-world team, so he is not doing it for a shot at the super bowl.

It could be money, can't exclude that.

And is not like they are looking for a young guy to cull as the heir to the head coach, since Sparano is younger than Nolan and not likely to retire.

There is still something we are not being told, there is some reason Nolan wanted out.

Hamrob
01-18-2010, 07:21 PM
At this point...i'm all in! Hey, for whatever reason...and it really doesn't matter...unless Pat Bowlen were to fire Mcdaniels...Nolan wanted out.

A guy like McDaniels who is only 33yrs old and needs to learn alot...needs people around him that he can trust. He needs people he can lean on that he knows has his back.

Nolan...it only makes sense...wants to be in the best possible position...to once again get another HC oppurtunity. This was an ugly year in Denver...and despite all you McDaniels guzzlers...he has made poor decision after another. I honestly think he will get it figured out...but if you are Nolan...you don't won't to mentor your head coach...you only want to worry about your own future.

McDaniels will be better off with Pees...end of story.

tsiguy96
01-18-2010, 07:25 PM
At this point...i'm all in! Hey, for whatever reason...and it really doesn't matter...unless Pat Bowlen were to fire Mcdaniels...Nolan wanted out.

A guy like McDaniels who is only 33yrs old and needs to learn alot...needs people around him that he can trust. He needs people he can lean on that he knows has his back.

Nolan...it only makes sense...wants to be in the best possible position...to once again get another HC oppurtunity. This was an ugly year in Denver...and despite all you McDaniels guzzlers...he has made poor decision after another. I honestly think he will get it figured out...but if you are Nolan...you don't won't to mentor your head coach...you only want to worry about your own future.

McDaniels will be better off with Pees...end of story.

i really, really agree with this.

nolan appears to have already signed with miami (may not be official for a day or two). there is something weird if he signed within hours of being released here, something that clearly points to him WANTING out to go to miami for hwatever reason.

ZONA
01-18-2010, 07:26 PM
I believe it is very simple, you will stay with something you believe in, and leave something you dont. If Nolan thought the ship was in the right direction and it was something special he would stay unless it was a head job. End of story

Mr. Black & White, meet Mr. Gray.................doh.

Yeah, that's the only thing it could be because you say so. What a futile attempt. Like it couldn't be anything else. Maybe Nolan just doesn't like living a mile high above sea level and snow, maybe he has family closer to another job he might like, maybe he got an attitude himself if McD saw some things on tape about the collapse of the defense late and questioned him on it, it could be many things. Has nothing to do with the direction of the ship. There is no direction. This was the first year and the benchmark. You need a 2nd year to see which way you are going. DUH.

jhns
01-18-2010, 07:28 PM
i really, really agree with this.

nolan appears to have already signed with miami (may not be official for a day or two). there is something weird if he signed within hours of being released here, something that clearly points to him WANTING out to go to miami for hwatever reason.

Him wanting out is not in question. He quit.

Ray Finkle
01-18-2010, 07:29 PM
Nolan was looking to turn this season into a better deal elsewhere.....he goes to Miami and has a stellar season on D, he'll be back in the HC round....

rastaman
01-18-2010, 07:30 PM

:rofl: F*#king priceless and hilarious.

Broncos4tw
01-18-2010, 07:36 PM
I can't think of a reason Nolan would leave, after just one year, unless he was very unhappy either with the coaching staff, or the outlook of the team. His defense was improved. Why did he leave?

We'll never be told, I think. But I think you do need to look at McD's track record after just ONE SEASON. Our players and coaches drop like flies. How this would be a positive team for ANY free agent to consider coming to boggles the mind. Rookies are not safe. Veterans are not safe. Franchise players are not safe. Coaches are not safe. You would want to sign here why?

Like I said when we first hired him... he won't be happy until the Denver Broncos ARE the NE Patriots.

The MVPlaya
01-18-2010, 07:38 PM
The question is why would he want to interview with Miami?

He is going to run the same system there that he does here, he will get even less say there (here he was 2nd banana, in Miami he will be 3rd banana), to my knowledge he has no special connections with Parcells, Sparano or Miami and it is not like Miami is an all-world team, so he is not doing it for a shot at the super bowl.

It could be money, can't exclude that.

And is not like they are looking for a young guy to cull as the heir to the head coach, since Sparano is younger than Nolan and not likely to retire.

There is still something we are not being told, there is some reason Nolan wanted out.

He has some connection with Parcells.

watermock
01-18-2010, 07:40 PM
No one has left Denver thus far (since McD) arrived that I'm crying over. Nolan would be the closest thing to that. But, if Pees comes in and can tweak our system the way he did in New England, I'm not going to cry about that, either.

Pees? Ha!

Beavis and Pees.

Since he's not even healthy he should have someone he can bully around.

Hamrob
01-18-2010, 07:40 PM
Mcdaniels will be better off with Pees...because they both come from the same organization and will be on the same page most of the time.

New England's defensive woes had more to do with injuries and age than coaching. Pees is a good coach and should work well with McDaniels.

The thing that could hurt, is if Nolan snags any of the assistant coaches and then we have to bring in new assistants and form more new relationships with players.

That would suck...and quite frankly...I'd put my foot down and say....no, you coach here...or you don't coach!

watermock
01-18-2010, 07:44 PM
You're mimializing.

He'll bring in Pees because he can bully him to the grave.

OBF1
01-18-2010, 07:44 PM

No longer one of the minions ;D

watermock
01-18-2010, 07:45 PM
WTF is Pees and why would we want him?

'cause he'll lick boot and kiss ass?

The MVPlaya
01-18-2010, 07:53 PM
WTF is Pees and why would we want him?

'cause he'll lick boot and kiss ass?

Because Pees has a better/more consistent track record.

Look @ what he had to work with this year and what he was able to do.

TonyR
01-18-2010, 07:55 PM
The decision for Nolan to leave Denver was a mutual one between he and coach Josh McDaniels, who had a growing number of philosophical differences as the year developed. Mutual decisions, of course, usually mean both sides have other plans.

The Broncos are expected to hire former Patriots defensive coordinator Dean Pees, who resigned in New England at the end of last week, a Broncos source said. Meanwhile, the Dolphins last week had already sought permission to interview Nolan, the source said.

Miami's interest in Nolan was not the reason for his departure from Denver - but it was a part of the equation. So a scenario that could not have been envisioned two days ago, one that was put into motion when Pees left New England, now makes perfect sense.

In some ways, it has the same feel as last year's decision to sign quarterback Chad Pennington upon his release from the Jets after New York signed Brett Favre. When the options seemed bleak, the best one of all might have suddenly sprung available.

Nolan, who transitioned the Broncos to a 3-4 defense last year, is known for his aggressive, attacking style - something Dolphins coach Tony Sparano has been desiring in his replacement for Pasqualoni.

He is also familiar with Bill Parcells' philosophies, having served as defensive coordinator with the Jets when Parcells was the team's general manager in 2000. Nolan is a former head coach, too. He coached the 49ers from 2005 to 2008.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/football/story/1432634.html

colonelbeef
01-18-2010, 08:17 PM
This is not about letting somebody interview, it's about Nolan wanting out of Denver.

Why did he want out of Denver? Is McDaniels the issue or will he have more responsibility in Miami?

Exactly. Nolan would be the bad guy if he suddenly took a job in Miami out of the blue.

Something bad took place in the background, obviously McDaniels has a hand in it, and Nolan decided that jumping ship was the smart thing to do.

Seems to be a trend.

The MVPlaya
01-18-2010, 08:20 PM
Nolan, who transitioned the Broncos to a 3-4 defense last year, is known for his aggressive, attacking style - something Dolphins coach Tony Sparano has been desiring in his replacement for Pasqualoni.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/football/story/1432634.html

Please disregard this article, Nolan is a conservative on defense (and offense). McDaniels made him play aggressive.

lostknight
01-18-2010, 08:28 PM
If I had McDaniels for a boss, I am pretty sure I would quit after a year as well.

Gob
01-18-2010, 08:41 PM
Please disregard this article, Nolan is a conservative on defense (and offense). McDaniels made him play aggressive.

I hope hiring a new DC allows McDaniels to focus on making the OC play more aggressively.

The MVPlaya
01-18-2010, 08:45 PM
I hope hiring a new DC allows McDaniels to focus on making the OC play more aggressively.

:thumbsup:

The MVPlaya
01-18-2010, 08:47 PM
If I had McDaniels for a boss, I am pretty sure I would quit after a year as well.

This is the mindset that makes OMane users and some Broncos fans dumb as fucc.

How would you even know how it's like? Because of what you see in press releases? You do not know ANYONE on the Broncos or the staff on a personal basis or professional working basis to make statements like that.

Oh well, you guys shall stay losers.:thanku:

~Crash~
01-18-2010, 08:55 PM

Stormontheplains I think it is even deeper but yes you are right add in that I belive this was a dream job of Nolan it is were his dad hepl devloped the the Ideas he now uses....

BroncoBuff
01-18-2010, 08:56 PM
This is the mindset that makes OMane users and some Broncos fans dumb as fucc.

How would you even know how it's like? Because of what you see in press releases? You do not know ANYONE on the Broncos or the staff on a personal basis or professional working basis to make statements like that.

Oh well, you guys shall stay losers.:thanku:

MVP, the evidence is pretty overwhelming here. Like I've posted several times, Occam's Razor clearly indicates Josh has piss-poor people skills. The other explanations are too many and too convenient, they explain too much.

Josh is a real blame-hurler I think. An angry, authoritative, chin-jutting blame-hurler. You'll never convince me he didn't build Hillis's doghouse outta brick and mortar the minute he fumbled that kickoff. He semi-benched Scheffler after the TD drop, he cut Kern after a bad game and apparently did the same to JMFW. Seems like - it SEEMS like - Josh probably blamed Nolan for the defensive problems against KC, too.

Maybe all these guys deserve blame, they probably do. But there are tactful ways to explain/address failures, and evidently Josh hasn't mastered them yet, because the exodus of players and staff has snowballed out of control.

You don't have to know these guys personally to discern that something is very wrong here, and all indicators point to Josh.

The MVPlaya
01-18-2010, 09:02 PM
MVP, the evidence is pretty overwhelming here. Like I've posted several times, Occam's Razor clearly indicates Josh has piss-poor people skills. The other explanations are too many and too convenient, they explain too much.

Josh is a real blame-hurler I think. An angry, authoritative, chin-jutting blame-hurler. You'll never convince me he didn't build Hillis's doghouse outta brick and mortar the minute he fumbled that kickoff. He semi-benched Scheffler after the TD drop, he cut Kern after a bad game and apparently did the same to JMFW. Seems like - it SEEMS like - Josh probably blamed Nolan for the defensive problems against KC, too.

Maybe all these guys deserve blame, they probably do. But there are tactful ways to explain/address failures, and evidently Josh hasn't mastered them yet, because the exodus of players and staff has snowballed out of control.

You don't have to know these guys personally to discern that something is very wrong here, and all indicators point to Josh.

I missed this occam razor thing...?

Oh and for fucc sake, Jack Williams has never done anything, I personally thought he has always sucked.

SportinOne
01-18-2010, 09:07 PM
again, and i will repeat this until i see some sort of change in McDaniels, it is the job of the coach to get the most out of his personnel. It seems like the way that he is trying to accomplish this is by getting rid of any personality that clashes with his. That is not the mark of a great leader. Time will tell.

The MVPlaya
01-18-2010, 09:11 PM
again, and i will repeat this until i see some sort of change in McDaniels, it is the job of the coach to get the most out of his personnel. It seems like the way that he is trying to accomplish this is by getting rid of any personality that clashes with his. That is not the mark of a great leader. Time will tell.

What has indicated this? What are you basing this off of? There is no proof, evidence, or ANYTHING that points to any of this.

We ended the season poorly and that's why all this talk is going on... but damn... you guys are so surprised that we have new head coach and therefore things will change.

Nothing has indicated that McDaniels somehow has trouble getting along with his staff, you guys are just a bunch of chimps acting like fucc tards.

BroncoBuff
01-18-2010, 09:13 PM
I missed this occam razor thing...?

When searching for a reason why, the simplest explanation tends to be the correct one. "A plurality of causes should not be posited without necessity" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam's_razor) ... and there's no necessity here for that pluality of lengthy varied excuses to address the problems one by one, when Josh's people skills are such a simple, universal theory.

But there's no reason to think Josh won't improve and mature ... didn't Shanahan have some similar (though less pronounced) problems in Oakland? Way too soon to abandon hope ... ;D

And Jack Williams, I liked him, and 5 teams apparently agreed. Ty Law was not a good tradeoff imo.

Lolad
01-18-2010, 09:15 PM

Even if this is the case why would he want to leave Denver for a lateral move?

BroncoBuff
01-18-2010, 09:16 PM
Nothing has indicated that McDaniels somehow has trouble getting along with his staff, you guys are just a bunch of chimps acting like fucc tards.

How about the mass-exodus of assistants? Four so far .... two of whom were apparenyly initially denied permission to interview elsewhere.

tsiguy96
01-18-2010, 09:18 PM
Even if this is the case why would he want to leave Denver for a lateral move?

the same reason jerry gray wants to leave washington to go to seattle for a 100% lateral move, who knows?

there could be 1000 things, money, power, better chance to turn it into a HC job, he didnt get along with mcdaniels, i have no idea, nor does anyone else here, and to speculate that its all mcdaniels fault and hes a mcpoopyface is dumb because at teh end of the day we dont know what happened.

The MVPlaya
01-18-2010, 09:21 PM
When searching for a reason why, the simplest explanation tends to be the correct one. "A plurality of causes should not be posited without necessity" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam's_razor) ... and there's no necessity here for that pluality of lengthy varied excuses to address the problems one by one, when Josh's people skills are such a simple, universal theory.

But there's no reason to think Josh won't improve and mature ... didn't Shanahan have some similar (though less pronounced) problems in Oakland? Way too soon to abandon hope ... ;D

And Jack Williams, I liked him, and 5 teams apparently agreed. Ty Law was not a good tradeoff imo.

For 1 season he was. Maybe not for the long term , but Law definitely played solid. He didn't blow coverages and played well in man coverage. He had some dirty tricks, but hey what vet doesn't.

There was no reason to like Jack Williams other than omane hype, that's about it. He can't cover, he can tackle a BIT (he's not even that good in this area) and he's not the fastest guy.

http://www.profootballfocus.com/by_player.php?tab=by_player&season=2009&surn=williams&playerid=4433&group=7

70.6% throws towards his way last season were caught. (out of 17 attempts 12 were caught, with an average of 9 yards a catch)

Oh and last season (2008)

10/11 passes thrown his way were caught for an astonishing 90.9%. He has a total of 3 passes defended in his whole career and no ints.

Like I said, this omane hype on Jack blew his status up... he was never good.

DBroncos4life
01-18-2010, 09:22 PM
the same reason jerry gray wants to leave washington to go to seattle for a 100% lateral move, who knows?

there could be 1000 things, money, power, better chance to turn it into a HC job, he didnt get along with mcdaniels, i have no idea, nor does anyone else here, and to speculate that its all mcdaniels fault and hes a mcpoopyface is dumb because at teh end of the day we dont know what happened.

Do you think it would even come out if they did not get along? Nolan is not the type of person to say anything and why would McD come out and say yeah there was issue between us? The only way would be is if a player said something.

DivineLegion
01-18-2010, 09:22 PM
How about the mass-exodus of assistants? Four so far .... two of whom were apparenyly initially denied permission to interview elsewhere.

Sadly I belive this is an upgrade all across the board minus Turner.

I love Mike Nolan, however we were in the bottom 25 in rushing yards allowed. I would like to see Mr.Nolan on the sideline wearing a suite again that was just Badass.

The MVPlaya
01-18-2010, 09:25 PM

Dennison - upgrade to OC
Turner - Upgrade
Bates - fail
Nolan - no real info other than Dolphins making him offer and Nolan being a parcells guy. McDaniels DID bring him in too.

Dennison and Turner both left to work with former friends they had worked with for YEARS, 1 season with a coach will not somehow take place of this. Dennison got a great new upgrade at OC, and Bobby Turner got an upgrade too.

Bates doesn't run the same offense.

Like I said, when you have a new coach come into an organization that has been losing where everything is a mess, things like this will happen.

This coaching staff hasn't exactly got us anywhere for the past decade - so I'm not sure why you guys are so butt hurt.

SportinOne
01-18-2010, 09:27 PM
What has indicated this? What are you basing this off of? There is no proof, evidence, or ANYTHING that points to any of this.

We ended the season poorly and that's why all this talk is going on... but damn... you guys are so surprised that we have new head coach and therefore things will change.

Cutler
Hillis
Marshall
Scheffler
Coaches

Pull your head out of your ass

tsiguy96
01-18-2010, 09:27 PM
Dennison - upgrade to OC
Turner - Upgrade
Bates - fail
Nolan - no real info other than Dolphins making him offer and Nolan being a parcells guy. McDaniels DID bring him in too.

Dennison and Turner both left to work with former friends they had worked with for YEARS, 1 season with a coach will not somehow take place of this. Dennison got a great new upgrade at OC, and Bobby Turner got an upgrade too.

Bates doesn't run the same offense.

Like I said, when you have a new coach come into an organization that has been losing where everything is a mess, things like this will happen.

This coaching staff hasn't exactly got us anywhere for the past decade - so I'm not sure why you guys are so butt hurt.

because if there is a reason to bitch about mcdaniels and how bad he sucks, they will do it.

The MVPlaya
01-18-2010, 09:32 PM
Cutler
Hillis
Marshall
Scheffler
Coaches

Pull your head out of your ass

First off, I was talking about his staff, but all the players you listed have been explained over and over.

McDaniels was actively trying to get Cutler back, Bowlen decided to just get rid of him. Cutler has proven to be a drama queen. Let me ask you this, do you think Cutler had more trade value when he was with us or has more now with the Bears? Forget his performance, and now the world sees his personality, what do you think?

Hillis - he explained himself but there is no much going on here.

Marshall - ...? This guy has a great track record, even when Shanny was here. Shanny just isn't very strict.

Coaches - what coaches?

keep living in your fantasy world where you think you're a Broncos fan, you're just obsessed with Shanny players. I'm not quite understanding though, none of these players have played in a single playoff game for us yet fans are acting as if they had won us a championship. ???

DBroncos4life
01-18-2010, 09:34 PM
because if there is a reason to b**** about mcdaniels and how bad he sucks, they will do it.

McD should try doing more positive things if he doesn't want people to jump off his banwagon. Maybe a season without another historic let down would help. The dude has done nothing to warrant the defense he gets from posters around here. There is a old saying that some people may still value. Respect is earned not given.

The MVPlaya
01-18-2010, 09:37 PM
McD should try doing more positive things if he doesn't want people to jump off his banwagon. Maybe a season without another historic let down would help. The dude has done nothing to warrant the defense he gets from posters around here. There is a old saying that some people my still value. Respect is earned not given.

You're right, he needs to earn respect and at this point he simply hasn't. However he's been here for one season and after reading what you said, it seems as if he's been here for years. Shanny had historic letdowns to - being #1 in the division for every week until the last week and cost us the playoff spot???

The only positive thing is to win. Getting rid of coaches is all negative because they've been here before, yet we have 1 playoff win in 10 years. The coaches that left got upgrades of some sort anyways and it's nice that we disregard every other coach on the staff that has done well this season.

Right now anything he does will be negative to you guys. He hasn't done anything worth the heat he's gotten other than going 2-8, but I coulda swore we went 0-16 by the talks around here.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-18-2010, 09:43 PM

Your drama is so old and unappealing. Laughing stock of the NFL? Look in Detroit, St Louis or Oakland.

You're way over the top, as usual. Can't just wait for all the information to come out, you've got to tell everyone what you think and wait to look like an idiot. Doesn't it ever get old?

SlipperyPete
01-18-2010, 09:44 PM
I don't know how much play it got around here, but there was a report or two in the last week that claimed Denver was one of the teams interested in Romeo Crennel.

I believe Adam Caplan of Scout.com reported it, and Caplan is an actual NFL reporter, not one of the idiots who runs a team-centered site. If you read this column over at Michael Lombardi's National Football Post, Denver is also mentioned in relation to Crennel.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Crennel-is-a-key-addition-in-Kansas-City.html

I never paid this rumor any mind because I couldn't imagine McDaniels trying to replace Nolan on the down-low. But now Nolan is gone and anything seems possible.

Could Nolan have been entertaining offers from other teams (Miami) because he knew McDaniels, at the very least, had looked into the idea of bringing in another DC?

And if so, wouldn't this come off like an exact re-do of the Cutler mess?

DBroncos4life
01-18-2010, 09:45 PM
You're right, he needs to earn respect and at this point he simply hasn't. However he's been here for one season and after reading what you said, it seems as if he's been here for years. Shanny had historic letdowns to - being #1 in the division for every week until the last week and cost us the playoff spot???

The only positive thing is to win. Getting rid of coaches is all negative because they've been here before, yet we have 1 playoff win in 10 years. The coaches that left got upgrades of some sort anyways and it's nice that we disregard every other coach on the staff that has done well this season.

Right now anything he does will be negative to you guys. He hasn't done anything worth the heat he's gotten other than going 2-8, but I coulda swore we went 0-16 by the talks around here.
Other then going 2-8? Like that isn't a big deal. It's not every season teams start out 6-0 and fail so badly. The drama caused at the end of the year with Marshall was handled very poorly. You would have thought he would have learned from the Cutler thing and what happens when crap gets to the media. The poor draft, and admitting that they need to do better in scouting area after we traded a future first round pick for a player. You can't come out and say you didn't scout well when you trade a future pick for a player! There are a number of things I can add to this but it won't matter because you guys have a reason to defend him to the end. There is no history with him. He is just a guy that our owner picked.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-18-2010, 09:45 PM
I don't know how much play it got around here, but there was a report or two in the last week that claimed Denver was one of the teams interested in Romeo Crennel.

I believe Adam Caplan of Scout.com reported it, and Caplan is an actual NFL reporter, not one of the idiots who runs a team-centered site. If you read this column over at Michael Lombardi's National Football Post, Denver is also mentioned in relation to Crennel.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Crennel-is-a-key-addition-in-Kansas-City.html

I never paid this rumor any mind because I couldn't imagine McDaniels trying to replace Nolan on the down-low. But now Nolan is gone and anything seems possible.

Could Nolan have been entertaining offers from other teams (Miami) because he knew McDaniels, at the very least, had looked into the idea of bringing in another DC?

And if so, wouldn't that be almost an exact re-do of the Cutler situation?

Could be.

Could McDaniels have looked at Crennel ONLY because he knew Nolan was entertaining offers from other teams? Maybe. That road goes both ways, and no, that wouldn't be the same as the Cutler situation.

tsiguy96
01-18-2010, 09:46 PM
McD should try doing more positive things if he doesn't want people to jump off his banwagon. Maybe a season without another historic let down would help. The dude has done nothing to warrant the defense he gets from posters around here. There is a old saying that some people may still value. Respect is earned not given.

you act like historic let downs are never seen in denver. yet shanahan never got the **** that mcdaniels gets around here, its crazy. shanahan could do no wrong, besides continually firing DCs because no one could get his "system" to work with teh castoffs that he routinely brought in. but lets forget about all that and the talent level that shanahan left this team with, and lets focus on what mcdaniels has had to do and work with in order to make hte team overachieve to the point of going 6-0 in the first place, until the whole team started sucking for one reason or another (besides ST).

newsflash: he went 8-8 in his first year, yet people talk about him 10x worse than spags who gets the honor of the very first pick in the draft in his rookie head coaching year.

its not anywhere near as bad as you people want to believe, but the fact taht blind hate has consumed you, it doesnt matter what mcd does, it will always, ALWAYS, be spun so that its negative, every single time. and it will be this way for the rest of his coaching career up until he wins the super bowl, and even that is questionable given that i really dont doubt there is more than one atlas here.

DBroncos4life
01-18-2010, 09:49 PM
you act like historic let downs are never seen in denver. yet shanahan never got the **** that mcdaniels gets around here, its crazy. shanahan could do no wrong, besides continually firing DCs because no one could get his "system" to work with teh castoffs that he routinely brought in. but lets forget about all that and the talent level that shanahan left this team with, and lets focus on what mcdaniels has had to do and work with in order to make hte team overachieve to the point of going 6-0 in the first place, until the whole team started sucking for one reason or another (besides ST).

newsflash: he went 8-8 in his first year, yet people talk about him 10x worse than spags who gets the honor of the very first pick in the draft in his rookie head coaching year.

its not anywhere near as bad as you people want to believe, but the fact taht blind hate has consumed you, it doesnt matter what mcd does, it will always, ALWAYS, be spun so that its negative, every single time. and it will be this way for the rest of his coaching career up until he wins the super bowl, and even that is questionable given that i really dont doubt there is more than one atlas here.

Yes Tsi because historic let downs happen in Denver we should just except it and be cool with it. I stopped reading after you said that.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-18-2010, 09:50 PM
Yes Tsi because historic let downs happen in Denver we should just except it and be cool with it. I stopped reading after you said that.

See, what happens when you stop reading after one line is you miss the point. You should try not doing that. Makes you look dumber than normal.

tsiguy96
01-18-2010, 09:51 PM

continue reading jackass. not that it will change your opinion that mcpoopy face going .500 absolutely destroyed any hope this franchise ever had. think we can send the lombardis back, continue the shame he has brought on us?

SlipperyPete
01-18-2010, 09:52 PM
Could McDaniels have looked at Crennel ONLY because he knew Nolan was entertaining offers from other teams? Maybe.

Miami's DC job opened up right about the same time Crennel was announced in KC, so that timeline wouldn't fit.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-18-2010, 09:54 PM
Miami's DC job opened up right about the same time Crennel was announced in KC, so that timeline wouldn't fit.

I get that, but teams have guys in place before they fire another guy all the time. Look how quick the Carroll hiring happened, and he was a HC, not a coordinator.

DBroncos4life
01-18-2010, 09:55 PM
continue reading jackass. not that it will change your opinion that mcpoopy face going .500 absolutely destroyed any hope this franchise ever had. think we can send the lombardis back, continue the shame he has brought on us?

Since you put it so nicely......:rofl: To be fair I don't recall many other teams building championship caliber teams the way we are attempting to do now.

The MVPlaya
01-18-2010, 10:00 PM
Since you put it so nicely......:rofl: To be fair I don't recall many other teams building championship caliber teams the way we are attempting to do now.

Did Shanny not try to bring in his own staff in the beginning?

Not many teams have been in our position either.

TheDave
01-18-2010, 10:04 PM
What a ****ing mess...

This is a crappy start to a very important off season.

Gob
01-18-2010, 10:10 PM

Probably true, but after using 3 first round picks and tons of changes, can anyone really say we are any closer to winning a superbowl today then we were a year ago? I mean without resorting to hope for improvement in the future.

montrose
01-18-2010, 10:12 PM
What a ****ing mess...

This is a crappy start to a very important off season.

We're done (and I'm not just talking 2010).

Paladin
01-18-2010, 10:17 PM
After reading most of the foregoing crap, I am coming to the conclusion that Mane "fans" do not deserve a winning season, and do not deserve a team in the playoffs. If you cannot support the HC, then I think you ought to move on to another team.

If the Broncos have a winning season next year, it will not be because of anything anyone has said here. It would happen because of the players and the coaches.

Bronco Yoda
01-18-2010, 10:17 PM

Some very good points. I'd also like to add to this that this could also be a byproduct of a lack of respect also. A lack of respect for his leadership and all that this encompasses. Some of it his fault... some not. Just part of the cost of having a greenhorn at the helm. This could turn out really well in the end. But it's going to be painful in the process. We're in for a total rebuild.

BroncoBuff
01-18-2010, 10:20 PM
If you cannot support the HC, then I think you ought to move on to another team.

Makes sense to me .....

http://i.cnn.net/cnn/2003/SHOWBIZ/Music/09/03/britney.spears/story.britney.cnn.jpg

"Honestly, I think we should just trust our
president in every decision that he makes
and we should just support that."

TheDave
01-18-2010, 10:23 PM
After reading most of the foregoing crap, I am coming to the conclusion that Mane "fans" do not deserve a winning season, and do not deserve a team in the playoffs. If you cannot support the HC, then I think you ought to move on to another team.

If the Broncos have a winning season next year, it will not be because of anything anyone has said here. It would happen because of the players and the coaches.

Incredible insight... just incredible.

http://interloper.org/images/2003/258master_of_the_obvious.jpg

The MVPlaya
01-18-2010, 10:25 PM
Makes sense to me .....

http://i.cnn.net/cnn/2003/SHOWBIZ/Music/09/03/britney.spears/story.britney.cnn.jpg

"Honestly, I think we should just trust our
president in every decision that he makes
and we should just support that."

Supporting him doesn't mean you can't disagree, doesn't mean you have to just blindly trust him...there's much more to support than that. Kind of like the concept of telling your wife she ain't fat? That kind of concept. Only do we have low lives here that can only grasp a single concept in one single way.

I agree with the quoted poster that a lot of the fans on here do not deserve it, but the fans that spend money, go to the games, positively support the team, WE deserve it.

Do you mash your kid into the ground after he fails at something? Even when he does something positive do you just ignore it?

broncocalijohn
01-18-2010, 10:27 PM
Problem I have is why would Nolan want to interview if he has the same job in Denver? He wasnt getting a higher title as his job is the second behind HC. Is this a move to get more money if Nolan is under contract? Seems odd. Maybe he wasnt getting along with McDaniels and wanted out. Not sure what the contract was dealing with in Denver but seems pretty crappy. Sounds like what players might pull. Offseason has more drama than the actual season. UGH!

Gob
01-18-2010, 10:30 PM

Honestly, after the drama filled season we have had, everyone who didn't jump ship is at least a decent fan. Nobody wants to think the coach is hurting the team, and everybody will be happy if he takes us to a superbowl even if it proves them wrong about him. Questioning a coaches or players performances is part of being a fan, unless you are just the glazed eyes nodding yes type.

bpc
01-18-2010, 10:34 PM
Supporting him doesn't mean you can't disagree, doesn't mean you have to just blindly trust him...there's much more to support than that. Kind of like the concept of telling your wife she ain't fat? That kind of concept. Only do we have low lives here that can only grasp a single concept in one single way.

I agree with the quoted poster that a lot of the fans on here do not deserve it, but the fans that spend money, go to the games, positively support the team, WE deserve it.

Do you mash your kid into the ground after he fails at something? Even when he does something positive do you just ignore it?

Fail post.

I would put my collection of Broncos gear, games travelled to and money spent on this team against anybody.

I've probably spent more money on Bronco Jersey's than most will in a lifetime. Authentic TD, Elway, Atwater, Sharpe, and Champ jersey's among a few others.

You assume that we don't all live and die off this team and our fandom. Why complain on a public forum so much if we don't give a crap.

TheDave
01-18-2010, 10:35 PM
Honestly, after the drama filled season we have had, everyone who didn't jump ship is at least a decent fan. Nobody wants to think the coach is hurting the team, and everybody will be happy if he takes us to a superbowl even if it proves them wrong about him. Questioning a coaches or players performances is part of being a fan, unless you are just the glazed eyes nodding yes type.

Looks like it took you less than 30 posts to figure out Paladin... :thumbs:

Paladin
01-18-2010, 10:40 PM
I now have my first neg rep from......ta dah....... bpc. Ha!

I have reached Valhalla.......

ROFL!

bpc, it takes a douche like you to "know" one. At least I am not a boor like you.....

Paladin
01-18-2010, 10:42 PM
QUOTE=TheDave;2722941]Looks like it took you less than 30 posts to figure out Paladin... :thumbs:[/QUOTE]

Hilarious!

Yeah, and I hope you get more awarts on your tallyewhacker, you old fert......

Which team you moving on to?

Bronco Yoda
01-18-2010, 10:46 PM

.... Where is that little Josh at right now... I got a belt with a whipping calling his name!

Tough love! :giggle:

TheDave
01-18-2010, 10:46 PM
QUOTE=TheDave;2722941]

Hilarious!

Yeah, and I hope you get more awarts on your tallyewhacker, you old fert......

That's got to be the alchohol talking... I think it's time to go sleep it off :thumbs:

outdoor_miner
01-18-2010, 10:48 PM

This sums up my feelings. I'm tired of it all. There is a clear pattern developing, and it does not speak well of McDaniels ability to work with different types of people/personalities. I'm starting to believe he is dogmatic in his beliefs, and can not accept any viewpoint other than the one he learned in New England. He should probably get one more year to implement his vision. But - I'm officially skeptical of what is going on here.

Hercules Rockefeller
01-18-2010, 10:49 PM
You assume that we don't all live and die off this team and our fandom. Why complain on a public forum so much if we don't give a crap.

I can't believe you think that's a positive, that something that has absolutely 0 bearing on real life affects you so much.

That's almost as bad as Blue complaining last offseason that people would tease her about personnel moves that she had no control over, and it was actually hurting her feelings.

bpc
01-18-2010, 10:53 PM
I can't believe you think that's a positive, that something that has absolutely 0 bearing on real life affects you so much.

That's almost as bad as Blue complaining last offseason that people would tease her about personnel moves that she had no control over, and it was actually hurting her feelings.

You think it's bad now, you should have seen me 10 years ago! :)

I would be borderline sick after losses until Tuesday or Wednesday.

Now I just watch the games and turn them off afterwards.

Poor choice of words... i don't live and die with football anymore. But they are my #1 hobby still, after all these years. ****ty times we're in right now though.

Paladin
01-18-2010, 11:00 PM
That's got to be the alchohol talking... I think it's time to go sleep it off :thumbs:

Sorry, Dave, I don't drink.

You do not deny you are an old fert? :giggle:

4321~

Paladin
01-18-2010, 11:02 PM

Good point. Sad.

TheDave
01-18-2010, 11:04 PM
Sorry, Dave, I don't drink.

You do not deny you are an old fert? :giggle:

4321~

Too bad, usually your brand of stupid requires drugs.

Oh well... Go on and tell us more about how the players and coaches win games and not us message board types. Riveting stuff :thumbsup:

Drek
01-19-2010, 04:08 AM
robi2184 @Adam_Schefter Could the firing of Nolan have to do with probably Miami wanting to interview him and Den not allowing it

Here is the answer

http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter

Seems like McDaniel was not allowing him to interview and Nolan quit. He is Miami bound.

Where did you get the bold part from? All Schefter's twitter says is that Miami made a request to interview Nolan before Nolan and McDaniels decided to part ways.

If McDaniels refused to let him interview then why would he let him out of his contract period? If he wanted to retain Nolan so badly he had all the power to do so.

Isn't it more likely that when the offer came across McDaniels desk he sat down with Nolan and asked his opinion, to which Nolan said he'd prefer a job where he has more autonomy to run his style of defense, like in Miami?

That situation (letting Nolan interview other places until he finds a job) is a no win situation for McDaniels because he might lose Nolan in three days or he might lose him in a month, when all other good DC options are gone. We know McDaniels is probably comfortable with Dean Pees who is now available as well.

Seems like a strike while the iron is hot move to me. If Nolan wanted the chance to go somewhere that would give him more power, and McDaniels saw Pees as an equal or better replacement, it makes sense to let Nolan walk. That is the only scenario where it does though. Ultimately McDaniels' goal here is to win and by all accounts he and Nolan had a civil relationship. If McDaniels thought Nolan was an irreplaceable part of the defense he wouldn't have let him walk when he was still under contract.

barryr
01-19-2010, 05:35 AM
No matter what happens, it's McDaniels fault. This same garbage was done to Bush for 8 years, so looks like McDaniels is the new target. Anything that happens, can and will be twisted to be bad and only one person's fault no matter how stupid it sounds to the rational types.

BroncoInferno
01-19-2010, 05:51 AM

What it saysit that he didn't want to lose Nolan. That does not mean that, having now lost Nolan, he does not think think that Pees would be a great replacement.

BroncoInferno
01-19-2010, 05:59 AM

I'm wondering that, too.

For those eager to blame McDaniels outright, one thing to keep in mind is that McD and Nolan barely knew each other when McD made the hire. It was just a case of Nolan being one of the best guys available and McD respecting his track record. What sort of connections does Nolan have in Miami? Maybe there is a person or people there whom he has worked with before and wants to work with again. It is puzzling though. I hope McD knows what he is doing. My guess is he needs to make the playoffs this year to keep his job. I am skeptical, but I'll give him a chance to make his program work in year two.

Cito Pelon
01-19-2010, 02:17 PM

So Shanny tried to low-ball Turner, Josh got him a much nicer title and probably a better salary.

Cito Pelon
01-19-2010, 02:20 PM

Or maybe Josh wanted Nolan and stability? Your hatred for McD shines through on every post, Buff.

bowtown
01-19-2010, 02:31 PM
I heard Nolan left because he hates DJ Williams.