PDA

View Full Version : miami asked for permission to interview nolan before he left broncos

tsiguy96
01-18-2010, 06:02 PM
Adam_Schefter

Before Broncos and Mike Nolan parted ways, Miami sent in request for permission to interview him for defensive coordinator job.

Adam_Schefter

Broncos already are discussing former Patriots DC Dean Pees, who worked with Denver head coach Josh McDaniels in New England.

looks like nolan had atleast this opportunity and possibly more and wanted to explore them, and mcdaniels gave him that opportunity by releasing him. not sure he should have done that but if we get pees its not really a downgrade at all.

Rabb
01-18-2010, 06:04 PM
if you really think Pees is on par with Nolan in terms of experience and coaching D....you are insane

Nolan is not the end all, but he sure as **** did a lot for this team in a really short time

HILife
01-18-2010, 06:05 PM
I'd rather have Nolan. He's already proven to me he can take a crap Denver D and turn it into something decent.

tsiguy96
01-18-2010, 06:08 PM
if you really think Pees is on par with Nolan in terms of experience and coaching D....you are insane

Nolan is not the end all, but he sure as **** did a lot for this team in a really short time

im very aware of what nolan did for this team, they started out allowing record low amounts of points, it sorta faded later on but the whole team did (again). but the fact that nolan had a great year for us doesnt change the fact that there is other very qualified candidates to continue on what he started.

UberBroncoMan
01-18-2010, 06:11 PM
I read actually that Nolan is gone because he wanted to have complete freedom to run the defense, and McDaniels wouldn't have it... aka. he had to have a say in how the defense was run to an extent.

Doesn't surprise me to be honest.

Soul-Bronco
01-18-2010, 06:14 PM
I read actually that Nolan is gone because he wanted to have complete freedom to run the defense, and McDaniels wouldn't have it... aka. he had to have a say in how the defense was run to an extent.

where did you read this?

Rabb
01-18-2010, 06:15 PM
where did you read this?

under the map thingy on the light rail, duh

theAPAOps5
01-18-2010, 06:15 PM
Why leave to accept a lateral position? Maybe more money but that can be worked out. Clearly he wasn't happy with his role in Denver. You only consider other jobs that are essentially lateral changes when you aren't sold on your current job.

UberBroncoMan
01-18-2010, 06:17 PM
where did you read this?

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=161378&page=2

"NFL Network confirmed it.

"A mutual parting of the ways."
It said they shared the same agent and worked it out.
Nolan wants to be in a positions where he is free to run his defense.
Josh wants to have a say in all things.

Let's hope they find a good replacement who knows how to stop
second half skids in defense.

At the same time we can try to find someone to do that for the offense as well "

Quoted by the forum moderator.

Rabb
01-18-2010, 06:18 PM
Why leave to accept a lateral position? Maybe more money but that can be worked out. Clearly he wasn't happy with his role in Denver. You only consider other jobs that are essentially lateral changes when you aren't sold on your current job.

I agree

I actually was thinking (and I know this is a little far fetched) that they may have been doing some draft planning and he didn't like what he was hearing.

Read: stand the **** by for some 1st round offense!

Just a theory I have going, because I cannot make sense of this yet.

oubronco
01-18-2010, 06:20 PM
sounds like another player/coach who couldn't wait to get away from mini Napoleon

ColoradoBuff
01-18-2010, 06:20 PM

Let's hope that him wanting control of the defense leads to wins...if not, he better get a moving company on speed dial. only time will tell.

tsiguy96
01-18-2010, 06:27 PM
I agree

I actually was thinking (and I know this is a little far fetched) that they may have been doing some draft planning and he didn't like what he was hearing.

Read: stand the **** by for some 1st round offense!

Just a theory I have going, because I cannot make sense of this yet.

really, really doubt it. draft boards are very prematurely being assembled, combine hasnt happened yet, and even then they dont know who they will pick until they are on the clock, it depends whos there.

bpc
01-18-2010, 06:27 PM
If Miami threw an offer at Nolan, and McDaniels was telling Mike some BS in a private meeting, I'm glad it gave Mike the goods to tell McDaniels to **** off and that he'll be buried in this league within a couple years.

Common denominator with every embarrassing incident has been McDaniels, the powermad 5'5" coach, who can't stand the fact that his genes defied what he willed them to do!

Rabb
01-18-2010, 06:29 PM
really, really doubt it. draft boards are very prematurely being assembled, combine hasnt happened yet, and even then they dont know who they will pick until they are on the clock, it depends whos there.

I am not sure about that, I know things change but I am certain they have a general plan already...McD said as much already, that he knew he had to better prepare this year for the draft

I hope you are right

The MVPlaya
01-18-2010, 06:29 PM
If Miami threw an offer at Nolan, and McDaniels was telling Mike some BS in a private meeting, I'm glad it gave Mike the goods to tell McDaniels to **** off and that he'll be buried in this league within a couple years.

Common denominator with every embarrassing incident has been McDaniels, the powermad 5'5" coach, who can't stand the fact that his genes defied what he willed them to do!

And if you were the coach, what would you do? Suck on his d1ck so he wouldn't leave is what I'm pretty sure of. :rofl:

tsiguy96
01-18-2010, 06:30 PM

wait, you have any evidence at all that nolan told mcdaniels to **** off and hell be buried in this league within a couple years? wow, you must have a REALLY good source, ie nolan!

OBF1
01-18-2010, 08:11 PM
And if you were the coach, what would you do? Suck on his d1ck so he wouldn't leave is what I'm pretty sure of. :rofl:

Not only would be have a mouthful of coach, but his breath would smell like shiat as well. :thumbs: