PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Marshall for Haloti Ngata no draft picks involved. Would you do it?

KevinJames
01-18-2010, 01:52 PM
Would you do it if the Ravens were to offer something like this, I know they would be dumb but they would be more likely to move a player for a player than their draft picks.

they hate giving up draft picks because they hit on a lot of players in the draft.

maybe its not realistic but if they could do this I would welcome the move with open arms. !Booya!

I really wanna hear if people would actually hate on this move if we did a trade like this.

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0d0Lddcdx98dS/610x.jpg

bpc
01-18-2010, 01:53 PM
Hell yes.

They aren't going to give up Ngata though, especially not in a year where Reed might be retiring.

TheDave
01-18-2010, 01:54 PM
Of course we would... unfortunately they won't

Ramathorn
01-18-2010, 01:55 PM
Hell and yes!!

Doggcow
01-18-2010, 01:55 PM
Pretty sure everyone would say yes.

supermanhr9
01-18-2010, 01:58 PM
Indeed, some of you know my theory on Crazy Somoans, you can never go wrong with one on your team.

Why woudl Ed Reed be retiring?

yavoon
01-18-2010, 01:58 PM
lol haloti ngata is not being traded for a posession receiver, no matter how super awesome they are at it. haloti ngata is not being traded period really.

Archer81
01-18-2010, 02:04 PM
Ngata and Zbikowski (since this is in the realm of fantasy, wtf not?) for Marshall.

:Broncos:

PRBronco
01-18-2010, 02:05 PM
**** man, I would do it TWICE.

Archer81
01-18-2010, 02:05 PM
Indeed, some of you know my theory on Crazy Somoans, you can never go wrong with one on your team.

Why woudl Ed Reed be retiring?

Per ESPN, he is 50-50 on it because of neck injuries. If he plays he plays with the risk of further damage.

:Broncos:

gtown
01-18-2010, 02:07 PM
lol haloti ngata is not being traded for a posession receiver, no matter how super awesome they are at it. haloti ngata is not being traded period really.

Don't underrate Marshall. He is a possession receiver, AND a punter.

RunSilentRunDeep
01-18-2010, 02:13 PM
If they throw in Flacco and Suggs, I just might do it.

gyldenlove
01-18-2010, 02:13 PM
Why do people want Ngata? Sure he is a good DE, but is he really that much better than so many others? He is going to want a deal in the Chris Canty size or more.

Rabb
01-18-2010, 02:24 PM
Why do people want Ngata? Sure he is a good DE, but is he really that much better than so many others? He is going to want a deal in the Chris Canty size or more.

yes, he is better than so many others

Ray Ray would murder another person if they did this, Ngata alone makes his job easier and he has said as much

Drek
01-18-2010, 02:28 PM

He can play both DE and NT in a 3-4, as well as both DE and DT in a 4-3. He's probably the most versatile DL in the NFL today.

With Ngata as our 1st and 2nd down DE we can actually be content with Fields at NT (he was a productive run stopper there this year). Then on 3rd downs Ngata moves to NT and we put rush capable guys next to him.

If we put someone like Gerald McCoy at the other DE spot we'd be looking at one hell of a promising DL going forward.

Baltimore would never do it though. Not in a million years.

Bronco Yoda
01-18-2010, 02:32 PM
I'll take Ray Rice :)

OBF1
01-18-2010, 02:33 PM
What, No poll ?

broncosteven
01-18-2010, 02:36 PM
I would try to see if we could get them to throw in a 6th and 7th...you know, just like in MADDEN.

gyldenlove
01-18-2010, 02:37 PM
He can play both DE and NT in a 3-4, as well as both DE and DT in a 4-3. He's probably the most versatile DL in the NFL today.

With Ngata as our 1st and 2nd down DE we can actually be content with Fields at NT (he was a productive run stopper there this year). Then on 3rd downs Ngata moves to NT and we put rush capable guys next to him.

If we put someone like Gerald McCoy at the other DE spot we'd be looking at one hell of a promising DL going forward.

Baltimore would never do it though. Not in a million years.

How do you know he can play NT? He has never done it, that position has been held down by Kelly Gregg for years - and might I add he is doing a good job.

I would venture that any 3-4 DE can also play 4-3 DT, seeing as that is how 90% start out.

If we are going to spend that much on a defensive lineman, why not just get a free agent and trade Marshall for someone else with a smaller contract?

Mediator12
01-18-2010, 02:47 PM

Seriously, you are pretty good at evaluating talent. There MIGHT BE 3 Better DT's out there under 30. However, I sincerely doubt it. Plus, his versatility is huge. He can play DT or DE, plus can fill in as a NT. Really, not sure where you are going with this ???

Mediator12
01-18-2010, 02:52 PM
How do you know he can play NT? He has never done it, that position has been held down by Kelly Gregg for years - and might I add he is doing a good job.

I would venture that any 3-4 DE can also play 4-3 DT, seeing as that is how 90% start out.

If we are going to spend that much on a defensive lineman, why not just get a free agent and trade Marshall for someone else with a smaller contract?

Gregg missed every game of last year with an injury and Ngata and others played NT in their 30 fronts. He can play it, but its not his best value to them. He is much better being disruptive rather than 2 gapping....

gyldenlove
01-18-2010, 03:02 PM
Gregg missed every game of last year with an injury and Ngata and others played NT in their 30 fronts. He can play it, but its not his best value to them. He is much better being disruptive rather than 2 gapping....

Didn't Bannan play the NT last year? As far as I know Ngata only moved inside in the 40 front.

I am not doubting Ngata is very good, but I just don't understand why we are trading Marshall for a guy who is in line for a HUGE contract. If we are going to hand out a huge contract why not go for Richard Seymour or Julius Peppers instead and trading Marshall for someone else?

I wouldn't be unhappy with Ngata, and I think DE could definitely use an upgrade.

KevinJames
01-18-2010, 03:04 PM
Yeah like I said I doubt they would do this I just wanted to see why anyone would even be against it.

that said if we get draft picks (1 and 3) for Marshall what do you guys think about drafting Brian Price out of UCLA with one of those picks?

I'll take Ray Rice :)

Why? Ray Rice is basically the same thing Moreno is except Moreno has better hands and is a better pass blocker Ray Rice still has good hands himself but he has a bit more speed and agility other than that they are almost the same kind of running back.

OBF1
01-18-2010, 03:08 PM
Rice >>>>>>>>>moreno

KevinJames
01-18-2010, 03:13 PM
Rice >>>>>>>>>moreno

Rice's O-line play this year >>>> Moreno's O-line play this year

plus comparing a rookie to a 2nd year player isn't very fair unless your comparing both of their first years

Bronco Boy
01-18-2010, 03:25 PM
Only if they throw in Todd Heap on the back end.

elsid13
01-18-2010, 03:34 PM

He played it last season when Gregg was out with injury. Baltimore mixes and matches it's line and formation dependent on the play and what the players see. The players actually had the ability to "free-lance" under Ryan dependent on what they saw. So it wasn't uncommon for Ngata to actually drop into coverage for Suggs (playing standup LB),when he Pryce and Brennon( spelling) decided to attack a line a different way.

Baba Booey
01-18-2010, 03:37 PM
Hell yeah. It's the same as drafting a stud NT without the risk of them busting.

Minus a few years in age of course.

BroncoMan4ever
01-18-2010, 04:31 PM
**** i would toss in a 4th with Marshall if it got us Ngata.

BroncoBuff
01-18-2010, 07:39 PM
Yes.

Natedog24
01-18-2010, 10:58 PM
Hell yes, but Ngata chance of this deal ever happening though....

(sorry couldn't resist :))