PDA

View Full Version : Thought this comment was awesome.

bpc
01-18-2010, 10:38 AM
From SI and Peter King...

The moment I liked most from the weekend happened Sunday night, in the bowels of Qualcomm Stadium, where Marty Schottenheimer had coached the Chargers for five seasons, and where he shockingly was fired after going 14-2 and losing an opening playoff game.

Marty's boy, Brian, the precocious offensive coordinator of the Jets, had just done his part Sunday orchestrating an offense with a rookie quarterback and a rookie running back into an upset of the Chargers that left the locals just as deflated as they were in 2006. And as a light rain fell on this crumbling place, Brian took out his cell phone, dialed his dad's number, heard him say, "Hello,'' and son said to father: "Dad, this one's for you.''

Suck it San Diego! Karma is a bitch!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/01/17/mmqb/index.html?eref=sihp

BroncoBuff
01-18-2010, 10:41 AM
Niiiice!!! :thumbsup:

broncofan2438
01-18-2010, 11:11 AM
Love it..........Sandy Eggo Super Chokers

backup qb
01-18-2010, 11:27 AM
Love it.

ColoradoBuff
01-18-2010, 11:34 AM
awesome!

Wes Mantooth
01-18-2010, 11:34 AM
So fitting. Eat it Chuggers! Never should have let Marty go!

hades
01-18-2010, 12:01 PM
Sweet! :thumbsup:

Rohirrim
01-18-2010, 12:02 PM
Firing Marty was very, very dumb.

theAPAOps5
01-18-2010, 12:28 PM
Woohoo nice find!

Maybe the Chargers should fire that GM of theirs. Has found great talent but his coaching decisions were ridiculous.

Kid A
01-18-2010, 12:32 PM
Very cool. Brian graduated from and played quarterback at the same high school I went to (about a decade before me), so I've kind of enjoyed seeing a local connection make a name for himself in the NFL.

broncocalijohn
01-18-2010, 12:33 PM
maybe it is just the players and not the coaches. You cant keep blaming the coaches for idiotic player decisions.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-18-2010, 12:42 PM
The ultimate irony: One of the reasons marty was fired was because he insisted on bringing Brian Schottenheimer on as his OC.

OCBronco
01-18-2010, 01:15 PM
The ultimate irony: One of the reasons marty was fired was because he insisted on bringing Brian Schottenheimer on as his OC.

Sometimes it's nepotism. And other times, the guy you want to hire really is the best guy for the job.

This will get even better for Sparklers fans when they have to watch Drew Brees win a Super Bowl with the Saints.

Bronco LB52
01-18-2010, 02:05 PM
maybe it is just the players and not the coaches. You cant keep blaming the coaches for idiotic player decisions.

It is the players. The Chargers need an enforcer like Keith Brooking or Brian Dawkins in their locker room.

Everybody knows how cocky and arrogant the Chargers are. They push the limits all the time with taunting and celebratory acts. The Jets aren't stupid. They knew they could draw personal foul penalties from the Chargers. They played hard with a little chippiness until the whistle knowing the Chargers would eventually get flustered and retaliate with shots after the whistle.

For whatever reason, A.J. Smith is against veterans. He ran Donnie Edwards out of town because of a personal vendetta. This team rarely adds a 8+ year vet through free agency to get better.

supermanhr9
01-18-2010, 03:16 PM
Hahahaaha, I love it. Funny story, the year they fired Marty is the exact year I decided I absolutely hated the Chargers. I mean of course I've never liked them, but that was the year they eclipsed the Chiefs and Raiders as my most hated AFC West Rival.

Paladin
01-18-2010, 03:19 PM

Gosh! You think?

LOL

briane
01-18-2010, 03:22 PM
From SI and Peter King...

"Hello,'' and son said to father: "Dad, this one's for you.''

An Instant Classic!

bpc
01-18-2010, 03:26 PM
I hope AJ Smith is sitting at their complex this morning and somebody emailed it to him. ha ha. That arrogant SOB hates Marty, so I'm sure he's pissed that Schotty's son had his way with his San Diego Sucker Chargers! ha ha.

BTW, try to think about the fail SD has had to endure over the past 6 years. Imagine Denver in 96', failing in the playoffs and how truly crappy we felt as fans. Now try to multiply that by 3 or 4 times and you have the feeling the Chargers fans have right now. ha ha.

summerdenver
01-18-2010, 05:03 PM
It is the players. The Chargers need an enforcer like Keith Brooking or Brian Dawkins in their locker room.

//sarcasm.

What?? Are you serious?? They already have the greatest leader of all time as their QB and the rest of the players just follow him. Not only is Philip Rivers a great leader, he also never uses cuss words. How can you beat that?

Let the record show that it is not the fault of the chargers. Just like Josh McDaniels and Jay Cutler forced the innocent chargers to taunt, Rex Ryan and his class less players forced the Chargers yesterday.

//end sarcasm.