PDA

View Full Version : A Spin-Off From Popps' Thread: Jets vs. Colts, Who Do You Want To LOSE.

RhymesayersDU
01-17-2010, 09:44 PM
It's the dreaded Colts or it's the New York Jets.

Now you'd think all of Bronco Nation would want the Colts to lose due to our history with them.

But remember this; if the Jets win, the east-cost New York City hype machine will be as bad as it ever has been. Is anybody really ready for that? Just think about it for a second.

With that said, VOTE on who you want to LOSE.

Bronco LB52
01-17-2010, 10:05 PM
**** Indianapolis. They stole a storied franchise from another city. In the 1950s and 60s, little boys grew up wanting to be Johnny Unitas. The Colts were like the Yankees for awhile.

It's sickening to see Indianapolis sport those classic blue and white uniforms that they have no business wearing indoors in a dome.

I hate the Irsays so much I hope their entire family (second cousins included) die in a fiery plane crash into the Maryland Appalachians.

RhymesayersDU
01-17-2010, 10:08 PM
Yeah, to take this thread in a different direction, that "30 For 30" documentary on how that went down was real interesting. I can't believe they just up and moved one night. Real ****ty for the city of Baltimore.

spdirty
01-17-2010, 10:41 PM
Hopefully this will be the "Karma is a b****" game of the decade for what the Colts did in week 15.

Popps
01-17-2010, 10:47 PM
**** Indianapolis. They stole a storied franchise from another city. In the 1950s and 60s, little boys grew up wanting to be Johnny Unitas. The Colts were like the Yankees for awhile.

It's sickening to see Indianapolis sport those classic blue and white uniforms that they have no business wearing indoors in a dome.

I hate the Irsays so much I hope their entire family (second cousins included) die in a fiery plane crash into the Maryland Appalachians.

O.K... so you picked the Colts, probably.

OBF1
01-17-2010, 11:12 PM
Shows you that manning must still be doing it right to have so many of you hate him for being the best you have seen in the past 10 years.

gunns
01-17-2010, 11:15 PM
I don't want the Colts to lose because of Manning. If he beat us that's our fault. I just am tired of the Colts, and I love a good defense. Besides I'm going with NO all the way.

Bronco Yoda
01-17-2010, 11:34 PM

That's pretty harsh... the second cousins I mean. :giggle:

broncocalijohn
01-17-2010, 11:36 PM
LIke Marc Sanchez as he is from USC and the city next to me (even though his school was a rival of mine), but cant stand NY teams. Manning gets my respect as a great Qb. I only have jealousy of the Colts.

lostknight
01-17-2010, 11:38 PM
Boy, the Mark Sanchez is overrated people from the draft seem to have become quiet. Given that we could have grabbed him, it's not that much of a surprise that we are not hearing from them.

Jason in LA
01-17-2010, 11:49 PM
I'm rooting for the Jets. I like underdogs, and I like that they play defense and run the ball in a pass happy league. The league gave too many advantages to the QBs and WRs, but the Jets have still be able to win the old school way. I like it!

enjolras
01-17-2010, 11:59 PM
Boy, the Mark Sanchez is overrated people from the draft seem to have become quiet. Given that we could have grabbed him, it's not that much of a surprise that we are not hearing from them.

He's been VERY medicore at best. His stat line today:

name comp/attempts yards avg. td int rating
M. Sanchez 12/23 100 4.3 1 1 60.1

sisterhellfyre
01-18-2010, 01:05 AM
With that said, VOTE on who you want to LOSE.

I'll be cheering for the Jets for one reason: the Jets would have most likely NOT made the playoffs except for the Colts playing dead. If the Jets win, that irony would be so rich and thick we could cut if with a knife and serve it for cheesecake.

By all rights, it should also end once and for all that asinine debate about whether to play for the win or coast for the playoffs in the last week or two of the season.

ZONA
01-18-2010, 01:57 AM
I want the Colts to lose. Tired of seeing Manning's happy feet back in the pocket, along with his boring finger pointing for 20 seconds before every snap of the ball, along with his 3 leg lifts, his continous waling up to the center and back and up to the center and back. Just hike the F'n ball already mellon head. Sheesh.

atomicbloke
01-18-2010, 02:12 AM

I don't recall us having a top 5 pick in last year's draft....

Rohirrim
01-18-2010, 03:23 AM
I'll be cheering for the Jets for one reason: the Jets would have most likely NOT made the playoffs except for the Colts playing dead. If the Jets win, that irony would be so rich and thick we could cut if with a knife and serve it for cheesecake.

By all rights, it should also end once and for all that asinine debate about whether to play for the win or coast for the playoffs in the last week or two of the season.

This.

WolfpackGuy
01-18-2010, 05:31 AM
The Colts have had their time.

I want the underdog to win, so I'm pulling for the Jets.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
01-18-2010, 05:38 AM
I'm torn: I hate the Colts, but if they don't get in then the SB will be lopsided in favor of the NFC team and boring as hell to watch.

Besides, I'd like to have the pleasure of watching Manning lose in the SB. :~ohyah!:

UberBroncoMan
01-18-2010, 06:10 AM

Yeah he hasn't been anything special...

This run so far for the Jets has been a Trent Dilfer kind of thing from the QB perspective.

I hate JETS fans... but I also hate the Colts with a passion.

So I'm rooting for the Jets to win this, and lose in the Super Bowl to the Vikings.

sixtimeseight
01-18-2010, 10:23 AM

What the **** are you talking about? First of all, Sanchez was drafted fifth overall, second of all, he was incredibly mediocre today (and all year) as was correctly pointed out earlier. Try to stop embarrassing yourself.

Rabb
01-18-2010, 10:25 AM
Colts, they ****ed us too many times and the Jets are actually a pretty easy team to root for right now

Pick Six
01-18-2010, 10:34 AM
I'm torn: I hate the Colts, but if they don't get in then the SB will be lopsided in favor of the NFC team and boring as hell to watch.

In a way, that's kind of what I was thinking. Who is the team most likely to beat either the Vikings or the Saints in the Super Bowl? I'm thinking the Colts have the better chance...

PRBronco
01-18-2010, 10:42 AM
It depends on the NFCCG. If the Vikes win, I want them to face the Colts, who will put up the better fight (I don't want to see Favre win the SB). Otherwise, go Jets, my new best friends. So uh, I want the Colts to lose, unless the Vikings win. I hope the NFCCG is first, haven't checked the schedule.

ColoradoDarin
01-18-2010, 10:51 AM
Jets, just because the Colts let them in when they had a chance at the perfect season.

gtown
01-18-2010, 11:17 AM
Go Jets! Want to see a great defense and strong running game in the Super Bowl. Another Colts championship and we will be treated to twice as many Peyton Manning TV ads. I can't live in a world like that.

24champ
01-18-2010, 11:40 AM

I still wouldn't draft him. Typical overrated U$C QB that has his mistakes covered up by a great running game and the best defense in the NFL.

I want the Colts to win, because that would be a team that would destroy the Vikings and Favre.

Bronco LB52
01-18-2010, 01:35 PM
The Jets are the Broncos' brothers from the AFL. This is a no brainer.

Florida_Bronco
01-18-2010, 01:42 PM
I'd like to see the Colts lose. I've always had a bit of a soft spot for the Jets.