PDA

View Full Version : Dear New York Jets

Rulon Velvet Jones
01-17-2010, 07:26 PM
A few weeks back, I said something along the lines of "I don't see what's so great about the Jets". For that, I apologize. I'd only seen a couple of your games and, frankly, came away unimpressed. Blame the sample size. I'd like to hop aboard your bandwagon for the next few weeks and yes, I will be subscribing to your newsletter. Please forgive my ignorance.

Love,
RVJ

PS - I loved Shonn Greene mocking LT's TD ball-flip. Nice touch.

PSS - I'm gay for Revis. Yes, in THAT way.

RhymesayersDU
01-17-2010, 07:27 PM
PS - I loved Shonn Greene mocking LT's TD ball-flip. Nice touch.

This.

broncosteven
01-17-2010, 07:28 PM
My favorite point of the game was watching an unnerved Rivers throwing an INT from his endzone.

When Lightning Strikes
01-17-2010, 07:30 PM
he wasnt mocking him -- just showing respect for one of the greats!!

Maybe next year!!

Dr. Broncenstein
01-17-2010, 07:32 PM
Greene and Washington next year, plus a year dirtier Sanchez... NYJ will be in very good shape for the next few years.

Popps
01-17-2010, 08:00 PM
Amazing what solid defense and a running game can do for you this time of year.

Garcia Bronco
01-17-2010, 08:12 PM
Great win by the Green Machine. Best playoff game out of all of them.

yavoon
01-17-2010, 08:20 PM

the jets needed 3 missed field goals to walk away with win. and the ravens got blown up by a team that has literally no run game.

loborugger
01-17-2010, 08:21 PM
he wasnt mocking him -- just showing respect for one of the greats!!

Maybe next year!!

Absolutely. Guys with so many rings deserve reverence.

Taco John
01-17-2010, 08:49 PM

Unless you're Dallas, Arizona, San Diego, or Baltimore.

Merlin
01-17-2010, 09:06 PM
San Diego does not belong with the other 3

Merlin
01-17-2010, 09:07 PM
the jets needed 3 missed field goals to walk away with win. and the ravens got blown up by a team that has literally no run game.
Facts are not permitted in any Mane discussion. Please move along.

Paladin
01-17-2010, 09:08 PM
But all of the games have shown what a good Oline and a decent Dline can do for your team play. QBs look better, too....

enjolras
01-17-2010, 09:16 PM

The Colts don't run the ball well.. .or play much defense either.

ZONA
01-18-2010, 12:52 AM
The Jets played well but it's not like they just ripped up the Chuggers. 3 missed FG's by the most accurate kicker in the game was needed for them to win. Yes they won and they have a nice team but they still have a long way to go and some pretty bad ass teams to beat before they get a ring. And nothing is written in stone things will go good for them for the years to come. Players come and go, injuries, coaches leave, alot of stuff can happen. The Steelers won the Superbowl a year ago and didn't even make the playoffs this year. I don't see how somebody can just say the Jets will be a great team for years to come.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
01-18-2010, 04:41 AM
Thank you, NY Jets - if for nothing more than allowing me to see the look on Rivers' face.

:D

Bleed n Orange
01-18-2010, 06:26 AM
That game made the whoe season just a tad bit more tolerable, did you see Rivers freak on the Revis miracle pick? That will warm my heart for the entire offseason.

Jason in LA
01-18-2010, 06:41 AM
I was totally wrong about the Jets too. I thought they back doored their way into the playoffs by beating two teams that just laid down. Well they beat one of those teams that laid down last week when it counted, and now they will replay the other team that laid down when it counts.

I love the style of football that they play. Old school style. They play defense and run the ball. In a pass happy league where the rules are geared towards the passing game, they are winning the old fashion way. Grind it out and bust your opponent in the mouth. It's great.

WolfpackGuy
01-18-2010, 07:31 AM
But all of the games have shown what a good Oline and a decent Dline can do for your team play. QBs look better, too....

Uh oh, another Orton-Cutler battle is on the horizon.

LOL

Mecklomaniac
01-18-2010, 07:56 AM

How bout that Jets zone blocking system. Wonder where the Broncos can find a line coach and rb coach to teach that?

Rohirrim
01-18-2010, 09:42 AM
How bout that Jets zone blocking system. Wonder where the Broncos can find a line coach and rb coach to teach that?

When you have that many pro-bowl quality linemen, you can pretty much do anything you want. The players are bigger than the scheme.

misturanderson
01-18-2010, 09:50 AM

It does go to show how much better that system can work in short yardage when you have high draft picks on the line instead of a bunch of 6th or later rounders.

I'm not sure that the scheme change really improved their run game that much. They got a ton more yards, one more TD, but a lower average per rush. They had to run the ball more this year with a rookie QB, that pretty much accounts for the increases in their run game.

Of course they could be much improved next year with more experience in the system. I would hope for their sake that they don't fall into the Shanny thought that you shouldn't spend high picks on zone blocking OL because it comes back to bite you in pass blocking and short yardage running.

Rohirrim
01-18-2010, 09:53 AM
Just give me Alan Faneca and Nick Mangold on the Broncos' line next season and we'll see if there's any improvement.

Killericon
01-18-2010, 10:12 AM
When you have that many pro-bowl quality linemen, you can pretty much do anything you want. The players are bigger than the scheme.

We should've signed Foneco when we had the chance...

Bronco Boy
01-18-2010, 10:24 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wJqd_5fC7ZI&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wJqd_5fC7ZI&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

2KBack
01-18-2010, 10:28 AM

how are those teams doing right now?

Hulamau
01-18-2010, 10:35 AM

Amen to that! :-)

Mediator12
01-18-2010, 01:29 PM

Well, that used to be the case. However, I would contend a solid passing game and solid pass rush is the new school way of winning playoff games as that is what it took for 3/4 of the final NFL teams in the playoffs.

orinjkrush
01-18-2010, 01:41 PM
Well, that used to be the case. However, I would contend a solid passing game and solid pass rush is the new school way of winning playoff games as that is what it took for 3/4 of the final NFL teams in the playoffs.

well, if that's the case, we in a whole lotta hurt. we need more than a real front seven.

Baba Booey
01-18-2010, 02:39 PM
Bahaha I didn't see Greene do the ball flip but that's hysterical.

JJJ
01-18-2010, 02:51 PM
Greene and Washington next year, plus a year dirtier Sanchez... NYJ will be in very good shape for the next few years.

They get back Leon Washington on the Oside and Kris Jenkins on the Dside next year. Ouch. We may need Ryan to choke on a cheesesteak.

Boogerboots
01-18-2010, 06:47 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wJqd_5fC7ZI&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wJqd_5fC7ZI&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v634/boogerboots/rockwall/ScreenShot018.jpg

I could understand some of the video until all the Seattle Seahawks started showing up in their 3rd Jerseys.

azbroncfan
01-18-2010, 07:29 PM

Solid Defense, No Turnovers on offense and a little luck. It will come to a end though it is very similar to the way Denver started off the year.