PDA

View Full Version : Shonn Greene...

bpc
01-17-2010, 05:23 PM
Hmmmmm... nice third round value there. Openly dominating the Chargers right now.

bowtown
01-17-2010, 05:25 PM
Hmmmm... nice interior offensive line there. Dominating the line of scrimmage right now.

Kid A
01-17-2010, 05:27 PM
Yep. There are talented players drafted in later rounds. Crazy stuff.

Doggcow
01-17-2010, 05:28 PM
Hmmmm... nice interior offensive line there. Dominating the line of scrimmage right now.

Lol exactly. People ignoring the fact that he has probably the best Oline in the NFL.

theAPAOps5
01-17-2010, 05:28 PM
Hmmm if you are insinuating the Broncos missed well so did every team TWICE.

bpc
01-17-2010, 05:31 PM
Not dogging anybody. Just saying he's looking great. This is also evidence that if you contemplate OVERDRAFTING a position where the annual career expectancy is 4 and half years, you're pretty foolish. Waste of resources.

bpc
01-17-2010, 05:32 PM

They are playing well. We would have been smarter to take an offensive linemen at 12 last year and save our draft pick we blew on Quinn to draft Greene.

Hey, best of both worlds eh?

NYBronco
01-17-2010, 05:32 PM

Exactly!

bowtown
01-17-2010, 05:33 PM
Not dogging anybody. Just saying he's looking great. This is also evidence that if you contemplate OVERDRAFTING a position where the annual career expectancy is 4 and half years, you're pretty foolish. Waste of resources.

Yeah you aren't dogging anybody...

NYBronco
01-17-2010, 05:34 PM
They are playing well. We would have been smarter to take an offensive linemen at 12 last year and save our draft pick we blew on Quinn to draft Greene.

If only Shanahan had dumped Slowick.

rastaman
01-17-2010, 05:35 PM
Lol exactly. People ignoring the fact that he has probably the best Oline in the NFL.

Yep the Jets owner and fans had to endure a couple of lossing seasons inorder to draft high enough to build up their OL.

These Jets sure werent having 8-8, 9-7, or 7-9 seasons over the last 4 or 5 years while building the the best OL in the NFL.

Can the Broncos fans endure some 3-5 win seasons over the next 2 or 3 years in order to draft high enough some great OL men?

rastaman
01-17-2010, 05:37 PM
If only Shanahan had dumped Slowick.

Yep! Nolan was there for the taking.

bpc
01-17-2010, 05:37 PM
We can't talk about what was. We can only talk about what is.

Shonn Greene is a better pure HB than Knowshon, built for power and his game is tailor made for the NFL. He was also selected two rounds later.

A majority of us said this would be the case. Still hurts to watch though.

Oh well. Come on Richard Quinn. We need you to have more catches next season, than trial dates.

The MVPlaya
01-17-2010, 05:39 PM
Give credit to that oline - on that long run he wasn't TOUCHED until the broken tackle...that is some nice blocking.

NYBronco
01-17-2010, 05:39 PM
Yep! Nolan was there for the taking.

And Shanahan couldn't see through his arrogance.

The MVPlaya
01-17-2010, 05:41 PM
We can't talk about what was. We can only talk about what is.

Shonn Greene is a better pure HB than Knowshon, built for power and his game is tailor made for the NFL. He was also selected two rounds later.

A majority of us said this would be the case. Still hurts to watch though.

Oh well. Come on Richard Quinn. We need you to have more catches next season, than trial dates.

Are you trying to say Greene would have done as well on the Broncos?

What you are watching is great oline play combined with a speedy back with some power.

Jets gets a push and win the battle of LOS just like Titans.

bpc
01-17-2010, 05:41 PM
I would venture to say that Knowshon doesn't have 1/2 the tackle breaking ability Greene has... and Shonn is what, 15 lbs heavier and has a much better second gear.

Striking.

tsiguy96
01-17-2010, 05:42 PM

we didnt blow any draft picks, we traded 2 3s for a 2 and a 4. why is NO ONE aware of this?

rastaman
01-17-2010, 05:42 PM
And Shanahan couldn't see through his arrogance.

Well the firing sure woke him up. He probably dosen't take that same arrogance with him the Wash.

Now here's hoping McD can see thru his own arrogance over the next 2 or 3 years.

bpc
01-17-2010, 05:43 PM
Are you trying to say Greene would have done as well on the Broncos?

What you are watching is great oline play combined with a speedy back with some power.

Jets gets a push and win the battle of LOS just like Titans.

I'm saying that Greene would have easily had 1000 yds AND Buckhalter would have just been a 3rd down back.

Shonn Greene is the better NFL back. Knowshon is a 3rd down back.

It's a Earl Campbell vs. Sammie Winder comparison.

jayman_37
01-17-2010, 05:45 PM
Give credit to that oline - on that long run he wasn't TOUCHED until the broken tackle...that is some nice blocking.

yeah which was 8 yards down the field, it was great blocking but also a great play by Greene.

rastaman
01-17-2010, 05:46 PM
I would venture to say that Knowshon doesn't have 1/2 the tackle breaking ability Greene has... and Shonn is what, 15 lbs heavier and has a much better second gear.

Striking.

Kinda makes you wonder what good does it have to let your proven players leave the team for 1st round picks, when your may have a problem striking gold with their 1st round picks b/c they can't evaluate talent in the first place.

If the 1st round talent we draft don't turn out to pro ball talent like the pro bowlers we let leave the team....then its Denver that the long term losser.

NYBronco
01-17-2010, 05:48 PM
Well the firing sure woke him up. He probably dosen't take that same arrogance with him the Wash.

Now here's hoping McD can see thru his own arrogance over the next 2 or 3 years.

McD's a young coach and learning each day. Shanahan knows better with all his experience. He was too comfortable in his position. Whether he has learned from it has yet to be determined.

Atwater His Ass
01-17-2010, 05:51 PM

I've always thought this about drafting RB's so high. Espeacially with our historic success of not haivng to use high picks to aquire RB talent.

rastaman
01-17-2010, 05:53 PM
McD's a young coach and learning each day. Shanahan knows better with all his experience. He was too comfortable in his position. Whether he has learned from it has yet to be determined.

Being inexperienced is no excuse for behaving stubbornly and having a Hey look at me attitude and ego is no excuse and does not set a good precedence with your players.! Whether McD has learned from all his screw ups from his first season has yet to be determined.

Its no fluke that McD's players quit on him during the 20 point loss (44-24) to the lowly KC's. The team sent McD a message that its a 50/50 proposition and compromise if you want to win in the NFL. I think McD got the message.

bpc
01-17-2010, 05:54 PM
Sadly, the most blatant F up we had this offseason wasn't overdrafting Knowshon and passing on Greene. It was not even interviewing Rex Ryan or considering him for our HC position.

Atwater His Ass
01-17-2010, 06:00 PM
Meh, hindsight 20/20 etc.

tsiguy96
01-17-2010, 06:01 PM
Sadly, the most blatant F up we had this offseason wasn't overdrafting Knowshon and passing on Greene. It was not even interviewing Rex Ryan or considering him for our HC position.

no one wanted rex cool guy. his only interview i believe was in NY and i dont think he was their top choice. its awesome you can say all this now knowing exactly how everything played out, why werent you saying all this at the beginning of the year?

bpc
01-17-2010, 06:05 PM
no one wanted rex cool guy. his only interview i believe was in NY and i dont think he was their top choice. its awesome you can say all this now knowing exactly how everything played out, why werent you saying all this at the beginning of the year?

The problem people had with Rex, including Joe Ellis who hired our coach, he's all substance and not much style. His football ideas are the equivalent to carrying a sledgehammer onto the football field.

If you're turned off by fat head coaches, who are not fleet of tongue, than yeah, i can see why you would pass him up.

IMO Ryan has been a MUCH better coordinator over his career vs. McDaniels. Just my thoughts thought. He's clearly proved he's the much better head coach through year 1.

tsiguy96
01-17-2010, 06:12 PM
The problem people had with Rex, including Joe Ellis who hired our coach, he's all substance and not much style. His football ideas are the equivalent to carrying a sledgehammer onto the football field.

If you're turned off by fat head coaches, who are not fleet of tongue, than yeah, i can see why you would pass him up.

IMO Ryan has been a MUCH better coordinator over his career vs. McDaniels. Just my thoughts thought. He's clearly proved he's the much better head coach through year 1.

through year 1, great, he has far more experience coaching and being the league i woudl hope hes better prepared. mcdaniels was about finding the next great coach, and hes shown flashes, he needs more experience and time than a single season, and he showed how much he learned in his season ending presser, go watch it again and youll understand hes a lot smarter and self aware than you give him credit for.

bpc
01-17-2010, 06:17 PM
through year 1, great, he has far more experience coaching and being the league i woudl hope hes better prepared. mcdaniels was about finding the next great coach, and hes shown flashes, he needs more experience and time than a single season, and he showed how much he learned in his season ending presser, go watch it again and youll understand hes a lot smarter and self aware than you give him credit for.

When did McDaniel show flashes of being the next great head coach? Offense is his specialty, when did it ever look special? I'm not ready to deem him a failure yet. I'll give him his 3 year contract, but he didn't do anything this year which flashed any sort of brilliance. Nolan was the largest reason we finished 8-8.

Requiem
01-17-2010, 06:18 PM
The lengths you are going to in order to justify a crusade on McDaniels is pathetic.

bpc
01-17-2010, 06:21 PM
I'm not crusading against McDaniels.

I'm just saying a few things I believe to be true:

1. Don't overvalue HB's in the NFL draft.
2. Shonn Greene will be a better NFL HB at the end of their careers, drafted 2 rounds later. BETTER VALUE.
3. Rex Ryan was a better hire thus far for the Jets, than McDaniels was for the Broncos. Sadly, we told Rex Ryan 'no thank you' and didn't even attempt to interview him.

Requiem
01-17-2010, 06:26 PM
Mmhm.

orinjkrush
01-17-2010, 06:27 PM
i wanted spags. i thought the D was broken. thank goodness i'm not the owner.

rex has turned out great. maybe mcpoopypants will someday.

The MVPlaya
01-17-2010, 06:30 PM
I'm not crusading against McDaniels.

I'm just saying a few things I believe to be true:

1. Don't overvalue HB's in the NFL draft.
2. Shonn Greene will be a better NFL HB at the end of their careers, drafted 2 rounds later. BETTER VALUE.
3. Rex Ryan was a better hire thus far for the Jets, than McDaniels was for the Broncos. Sadly, we told Rex Ryan 'no thank you' and didn't even attempt to interview him.

Again - hind sighting. Everyone here was on Sags nuts - Rex wasn't the type of person Broncos were probably looking for.

McDaniels has/had more experience with playoff success than any other coach - I think that stands out.

bpc
01-17-2010, 06:35 PM
Again - hind sighting. Everyone here was on Sags nuts - Rex wasn't the type of person Broncos were probably looking for.

McDaniels has/had more experience with playoff success than any other coach - I think that stands out.

No super bowls for Mr. McDaniels. Why the hype? Cuz his QB's were throwing to two pro bowl WR's?

Requiem
01-17-2010, 06:36 PM
Probably because he helped orchestrate some of the better offensive units on the field over the past couple of seasons and showed a lot of promise in that area. No need to keep ****ting the bed about it.

bpc
01-17-2010, 06:39 PM
His offense put up points yet no super bowl wins. Hmmmm. Flawed logic on that one. That's what happens when you let a non-football guy run the football department.

(ALL HAIL JOE ELLIS!!!)

tsiguy96
01-17-2010, 06:41 PM
When did McDaniel show flashes of being the next great head coach? Offense is his specialty, when did it ever look special? I'm not ready to deem him a failure yet. I'll give him his 3 year contract, but he didn't do anything this year which flashed any sort of brilliance. Nolan was the largest reason we finished 8-8.

a 6-0 start on a team that did NOT have the talent of 6-0? having the defense we have with the players we have going LIGHTS OUT for a very long time, until the talent level and game tape caught up with us? nolan is not the head coach of the team and was not the sole reason for 8-8, as much as you want to see it that way, its not. he was HIRED by mcdaniels, as was the rest of the staff which did a damn good job this year.

you absolutely refuse to accept taht positive things happened all over, look at kicking and special teams, 1000% improvement over last year.

Requiem
01-17-2010, 06:42 PM
So in order to be a hire in the NFL, you have to have Super Bowl wins?

loborugger
01-17-2010, 06:46 PM
How much of his success belongs to Greene and how much belongs to that Jets O Line? No matter who the RB is, he has to have a hole to run into. People make a big deal about skill position players but a great O line makes both your RB/HB and QB look better.

TonyR
01-17-2010, 06:46 PM
Hey bpc, did you happen to notice that the better rushing team with the inferior QB won the game? Doesn't that go counter to one of your main arguments?

baja
01-17-2010, 06:50 PM
How much of his success belongs to Greene and how much belongs to that Jets O Line? No matter who the RB is, he has to have a hole to run into. People make a big deal about skill position players but a great O line makes both your RB/HB and QB look better.

This

rastaman
01-17-2010, 06:57 PM

Why are you talking in such a muffled tone......you wouldn't by any chance have McD's nuts in your mouth as we speak....would you.:thumbs:

Time will tell.

The MVPlaya
01-17-2010, 06:58 PM
No super bowls for Mr. McDaniels. Why the hype? Cuz his QB's were throwing to two pro bowl WR's?

lol , you must be drunk. It seems to be pretty hard for you to comprehend what I wrote.

Do you need to be an Ocord to have experience playoff success? He's been on the staff through the Patriots dynasty. He was the QB coach since 04.

He's been on the staff since 01.

So you're trying to discredit the guy because he had good WR's to throw to?

Only here, on the omane, do you get so many retards. :spit:

bpc
01-17-2010, 06:59 PM
Hey bpc, did you happen to notice that the better rushing team with the inferior QB won the game? Doesn't that go counter to one of your main arguments?

Who was that?

Mark Sanchez, drafted 5th overall? You would call him inferior an inferior talent?

The throw he made for a TD in the back of the endzone was a play that Orton will never make, because he runs a 6.5 40 yd dash and it required athletic ability.

bpc
01-17-2010, 07:01 PM
lol , you must be drunk. It seems to be pretty hard for you to comprehend what I wrote.

Do you need to be an Ocord to have experience playoff success? He's been on the staff through the Patriots dynasty. He was the QB coach since 04.

He's been on the staff since 01.

So you're trying to discredit the guy because he had good WR's to throw to?

Only here, on the omane, do you get so many retards. :spit:

Yeah, pretty much you don't get proper love working with pro bowl weapons like he's had. Brady, Moss and Welker were great before McDaniels coached them, and they'll be long after he has. That's just fact.

The MVPlaya
01-17-2010, 07:01 PM
Oh, he orchestrated the best offensive season EVER in the NFL. He made it to the big game - and he worked with a back up college QB in the following season and went on to a 11-5 record.

you hind sighters remind me of losers... I rarely meet as dumb people as the members here on the omane.

watermock
01-17-2010, 07:03 PM
Greene was getting positive yards before he saw light on the backside, slipped a tackle and blazed into the end zone.

rastaman
01-17-2010, 07:05 PM
a 6-0 start on a team that did NOT have the talent of 6-0? having the defense we have with the players we have going LIGHTS OUT for a very long time, until the talent level and game tape caught up with us? nolan is not the head coach of the team and was not the sole reason for 8-8, as much as you want to see it that way, its not. he was HIRED by mcdaniels, as was the rest of the staff which did a damn good job this year.

you absolutely refuse to accept taht positive things happened all over, look at kicking and special teams, 1000% improvement over last year.

In the NFL its not where you START......its how you FINISH! Going 2-8 over your last 10 games, and getting beat by KC 44-24 the last game of the season with playoff implications speaks of an epic meltdown and the team quiting on McDaniel's.

I'd say McD needs to right the ship as quick as possible before he has a full blown mutiny on his hands. Only the McD appologist keep harping n howling about the 6-0 start! It means absolutely Jack-Shiiit in the gram scheme of things.

Hang in there, McD has 3 more years to proves "He's The Read Deal" and Ready for prime time.

However, his Dong Teasing......is at an end.

bpc
01-17-2010, 07:06 PM
So in order to be a hire in the NFL, you have to have Super Bowl wins?

No, but what qualifies McD to be a offensive genius at 32 years of age, when he hasn't won anything of significance?

The patriots were a machine before he got there as OC, and they've won a division championship after him, which is basically all he achieved while there.

So why were so many people enamored with this guy? Because Tom Brady had a career year when the Patriots traded for Moss and Welker?

I'd give more credit to them in that situation, versus McDaniels. Just me though.

The MVPlaya
01-17-2010, 07:09 PM
Yeah, pretty much you don't get proper love working with pro bowl weapons like he's had. Brady, Moss and Welker were great before McDaniels coached them, and they'll be long after he has. That's just fact.

Really? So the greatest show on turf gets degraded because they had Warner, Faulk, Holt, Bruce, etc.

Rex Ryan had great talent in Balt, do you all of a sudden take down his credibility?

In any extremely successful situation, there will be shining stars - and they won't just magically stop shining.

Ok, and Welker was great BEFORE McDaniels?
REALLY?

Again you're football credibility goes down below -100.

http://www.nfl.com/players/weswelker/profile?id=WEL219433

KEep in mind, McDaniels became ocord in 2006. Welker - had a total of 3 games started before he was acquired by the Patriots in 2007.

You will be blocked soon because of your stupidity and un-knowledgeable posts about the NFL. I really don't mind your constant hating - negative energy - loser posts - but the fact that you are so WRONG about FACTUAL things leads to the FACT that you are a complete idiot.

rastaman
01-17-2010, 07:09 PM
Probably because he helped orchestrate some of the better offensive units on the field over the past couple of seasons and showed a lot of promise in that area. No need to keep ****ting the bed about it.

Hey! Just b/c Bowlen hired an inexperienced 30 something year old HC doesn't mean the fans need to believe, and fall into line "Hook-Line" and sinker! McD is going to have to earn his stripes. Theres no wel-fare and socialism amongst ALL Bronco fans.

TonyR
01-17-2010, 07:10 PM
Mark Sanchez, drafted 5th overall? You would call him inferior an inferior talent?

If you think Mark Sanchez is even close to the QB Rivers is at this point then there's clearly no reason to argue football with you.

bpc
01-17-2010, 07:13 PM
Oh, he orchestrated the best offensive season EVER in the NFL. He made it to the big game - and he worked with a back up college QB in the following season and went on to a 11-5 record.

you hind sighters remind me of losers... I rarely meet as dumb people as the members here on the omane.

A backup QB managed to throw 1.3 TD's per game with two pro bowl WR's in his starting lineup. Hmmmm. Color me impressed.

The MVPlaya
No, but what qualifies McD to be a offensive genius at 32 years of age, when he hasn't won anything of significance?

The patriots were a machine before he got there as OC, and they've won a division championship after him, which is basically all he achieved while there.

So why were so many people enamored with this guy? Because Tom Brady had a career year when the Patriots traded for Moss and Welker?

I'd give more credit to them in that situation, versus McDaniels. Just me though.

He's the one that took them to another level. His success will be outlined by what he does. You don't take a coach who has had failure and all sudden say he's great because he always had sorry players.

A coaches success is not measured by the amount of success he has with the players he has - it's just measured by what he does PERIOD.

It's PATHETIC how you're trying to degrade someone because they had talent - :rofl::rofl:

Shanny had Rod Smith - McCaff - Sharpe - Elway - Davis and a great oline.

Use your logic with that - you stupid fucc.

DBroncos4life
The Jets paid for the O-Line. They have two first rounders invested in it 29th pick in Nick Mangold 4th overall with D'Brickashaw Ferguson. Damien Woody FA 5 years $25 million $11 million in guaranteed money (not bad at all), Alan Faneca 5 years includes $21 million in guarantees. Brandon Moore was a un-drafted FA. I don't know anything about Brandon Moore and if he is that much better then Kuper so I can't say they if they are equal/better/worse then us at RG. I think our tackles are as good as the Jets when Harris is healthy. Casey Wiegmann and Nick Mangold both made the pro bowl last year. Faneca is the biggest difference maker on there line vs ours.

The MVPlaya
01-17-2010, 07:16 PM
A backup QB managed to throw 1.3 TD's per game with two pro bowl WR's in his starting lineup. Hmmmm. Color me impressed.

That was honestly pathetic. :spit:

21 tds and 11 ints + an 11-5 record for a QB with no NFL experience?

^^^ That alone is impressive on ANY team, for ANY QB. You are the only one that is sitting here trying to convince yourself that the success was no impressive considering the situation.

PAthetic.

bpc
01-17-2010, 07:16 PM
If you think Mark Sanchez is even close to the QB Rivers is at this point then there's clearly no reason to argue football with you.

You stated that Sanchez was an "inferior" QB, yet was drafted 5th overall.

Ha ha.

I never compared Sanchez to Rivers, but to argue that Mark is talentless would be clueless which is what you are proving to be true in your case.

rastaman
01-17-2010, 07:17 PM
Really? So the greatest show on turf gets degraded because they had Warner, Faulk, Holt, Bruce, etc.

Rex Ryan had great talent in Balt, do you all of a sudden take down his credibility?

In any extremely successful situation, there will be shining stars - and they won't just magically stop shining.

Ok, and Welker was great BEFORE McDaniels?
REALLY?

Again you're football credibility goes down below -100.

http://www.nfl.com/players/weswelker/profile?id=WEL219433

KEep in mind, McDaniels became ocord in 2006. Welker - had a total of 3 games started before he was acquired by the Patriots in 2007.

You will be blocked soon because of your stupidity and un-knowledgeable posts about the NFL. I really don't mind your constant hating - negative energy - loser posts - but the fact that you are so WRONG about FACTUAL things leads to the FACT that you are a complete idiot.

Your Blind-Follow-The-Leader "Gullibility is beyond comprehension, but no one will block you due to your "Blind-Homerism".

You need to remember that "Charity Starts At Home" and you can have all the undeserved charity and hope concerning McD as your Heart Desires, but please, don't get pissed off b/c everyone doesn't get on board with the McD Homer Wagon!

McD can get the wolves called off by just winning in "November and December"!

JUST WIN BABY!:wiggle:

bpc
01-17-2010, 07:18 PM
That was honestly pathetic. :spit:

21 tds and 11 ints + an 11-5 record for a QB with no NFL experience?

^^^ That alone is impressive on ANY team, for ANY QB. You are the only one that is sitting here trying to convince yourself that the success was no impressive considering the situation.

PAthetic.

Hence why you are in love with the stat line of Kyle Orton.

You can't say that Cassell didn't have NFL experience. He had practiced against one of the better units in the league for three full seasons before he finally got a start in the NFL. Probably in most cases, he was better off for it vs. a rookie 1st round QB being thrown into the fire.

The MVPlaya
01-17-2010, 07:20 PM
Your Blind-Follow-The-Leader "Gullibility is beyond comprehension, but no one will block you due to your "Blind-Homerism".

You need to remember that "Charity Starts At Home" and you can have all the undeserved charity and hope concerning McD as your Heart Desires, but please, don't get pissed off b/c everyone doesn't get on board with the McD Homer Wagon!

McD can get the wolves called off by just winning in "November and December"!

JUST WIN BABY!:wiggle:

Homer? Really? I've talked about McDaniels failures this season and made a thread stating the FACT that he failed this season (even though the expectations of fans, media, etc where MUCH MUCH LOWER). Horrible ending - UNACCEPTABLE.

But yes - just WIN and all this nonsense will be gone.

The MVPlaya
01-17-2010, 07:25 PM
Hence why you are in love with the stat line of Kyle Orton.

You can't say that Cassell didn't have NFL experience. He had practiced against one of the better units in the league for three full seasons before he finally got a start in the NFL. Probably in most cases, he was better off for it vs. a rookie 1st round QB being thrown into the fire.

Yeah - he was - that's why college players get redshirted. It's better to see things first before getting thrown into the fire.

Matt Cassell had 11 wins that season - period. Practice is NO WHERE near game, that's irrelevant, so yeah I can pretty much say he had no real NFL experience. How about the fact that he was a back up qB in college too? You love talking about "value", don't you? :spit:

Again - you are the ONLY one trying to convince yourself that is somehow not impressive.

Anything better (what 4000+ yards, 25+ tds?) would have turned him into a Pro Bowl QB and that would have been out of this world.

I'm done with you though - you've pretty much displayed your stupidness over and over and over. Mr Wes Welker was GREAT before McDaniels. :spit:

bpc
01-17-2010, 07:31 PM
He's the one that took them to another level. His success will be outlined by what he does. You don't take a coach who has had failure and all sudden say he's great because he always had sorry players.

A coaches success is not measured by the amount of success he has with the players he has - it's just measured by what he does PERIOD.

It's PATHETIC how you're trying to degrade someone because they had talent - :rofl::rofl:

Shanny had Rod Smith - McCaff - Sharpe - Elway - Davis and a great oline.

Use your logic with that - you stupid fucc.

You're giving McDaniels success for Brady throwing the ball to Moss and Welker, both pro bowl type players at their positions with multiple pro bowlers on the OL.

That would be like giving Barry Switzer credit for helping Emmitt Smith get 21 touchdowns in 94' over 9 TD's rushing in 93'. The argument is stupid. The player is already established, the coach is just riding the wave of talent.

The ignorant part of your argument is about the Broncos which is not surprising. Rod Smith was a borderline practice squad player when Shanny came in here. Ed McCaffrey was a 3rd or 4th WR for SF when Shanny was there. TD was a 6th round rookie draft pick. How do those two compare to Randy Moss and Wes Welker both had achieved 67 or more catches in a season before they ever became patriots? Brady was a three time super bowl champion before McDaniels ever took the reigns to the offense.

You = idiot.

bpc
01-17-2010, 07:35 PM
Yeah - he was - that's why college players get redshirted. It's better to see things first before getting thrown into the fire.

Matt Cassell had 11 wins that season - period. Practice is NO WHERE near game, that's irrelevant, so yeah I can pretty much say he had no real NFL experience. How about the fact that he was a back up qB in college too? You love talking about "value", don't you? :spit:

Again - you are the ONLY one trying to convince yourself that is somehow not impressive.

Anything better (what 4000+ yards, 25+ tds?) would have turned him into a Pro Bowl QB and that would have been out of this world.

I'm done with you though - you've pretty much displayed your stupidness over and over and over. Mr Wes Welker was GREAT before McDaniels. :spit:

Did Matt Cassel have 11 wins, or did the PATRIOTS have 11 wins? Seems to me they had a pretty good defense and coaching on the other side of the ball helping them to that record.

Matt Cassel's year last season reminded me of Bubby Brister's run in 1998. Somebody just threw him the keys to the Ferrari and said "don't wreck it". Simple as that.

tsiguy96
01-17-2010, 07:36 PM
Did Matt Cassel have 11 wins, or did the PATRIOTS have 11 wins? Seems to me they had a pretty good defense and coaching on the other side of the ball helping them to that record.

Matt Cassel's year last season reminded me of Bubby Brister's run in 1998. Somebody just threw him the keys to the Ferrari and said "don't wreck it". Simple as that.

you contradict yourself so much. first you say orton has to go, now you admit a good team can go a long way. you shoudl stop attempting to talk football.

TonyR
01-17-2010, 07:39 PM
You stated that Sanchez was an "inferior" QB, yet was drafted 5th overall.

Inferior to Rivers, yes. The point was that a running team with a mediocre rookie QB beat a passing team with a top tier franchise QB.

As for where Sanchez was drafted, I could reel off at least a dozen top 10 drafted QB busts. He may be a great QB some day but right now he isn't and he's not asked to do very much in the Jets offense.

The MVPlaya
01-17-2010, 07:48 PM
You're giving McDaniels success for Brady throwing the ball to Moss and Welker, both pro bowl type players at their positions with multiple pro bowlers on the OL.

That would be like giving Barry Switzer credit for helping Emmitt Smith get 21 touchdowns in 94' over 9 TD's rushing in 93'. The argument is stupid. The player is already established, the coach is just riding the wave of talent.

The ignorant part of your argument is about the Broncos which is not surprising. Rod Smith was a borderline practice squad player when Shanny came in here. Ed McCaffrey was a 3rd or 4th WR for SF when Shanny was there. TD was a 6th round rookie draft pick. How do those two compare to Randy Moss and Wes Welker both had achieved 67 or more catches in a season before they ever became patriots? Brady was a three time super bowl champion before McDaniels ever took the reigns to the offense.

You = idiot.

You're trying to hide the fact that you were so far off base about Welker. Welker was UNDRAFTED - again I'm talking to someone who does not know anything about any team BUT the Broncos (even at that you're pretty bad).

So McDaniels gets no credit for his elite, historic, success, because he had good players. The only right way to win is to take players who haven't been proven and turn them into stars. Yup. He gets no success for taking the offense to a WHOLE NEW LEVEL OF SUCCESS NO ONE HAS HAD BEFORE, with mediocre backs. No he doesn't get credit because he already had talent. :rofl:

John Elway was the QB for only 4 years as Shanhan was HC, so his success cannot be credited to Shanahan because he was already good? :rofl:

You've dodged many of my shots - keep convincing yourself buddy -you've already lost. :rofl: You're like a punching bag - everyone here takes a huge pounding on you because you're posts are worth nothing more than something that can be broken down and beaten up.

Mr Wes Welker was great before Patriots. :rofl::thumbsup:

Popps
01-17-2010, 08:03 PM
Just joined. Haven't read any posts, but let me take a wild guess at what's happening...

BPC is...

-Using today's games to rip McDaniels
-Using Greene as a tool to rip Moreno
-Using today's games as a way to rip Orton and indirectly fluff Cutler?

Am I close?

Popps
01-17-2010, 08:06 PM
Inferior to Rivers, yes. The point was that a running team with a mediocre rookie QB beat a passing team with a top tier franchise QB.

As for where Sanchez was drafted, I could reel off at least a dozen top 10 drafted QB busts. He may be a great QB some day but right now he isn't and he's not asked to do very much in the Jets offense.

Wait, so you're telling me that the Jets are playing in the AFCCG and their QB didn't put up Madden 2010 fantasy football stats?

How on earth is THAT possible?

Hmmmm...

NYBronco
01-17-2010, 08:10 PM
Being inexperienced is no excuse for behaving stubbornly and having a Hey look at me attitude and ego is no excuse and does not set a good precedence with your players.! Whether McD has learned from all his screw ups from his first season has yet to be determined.

Its no fluke that McD's players quit on him during the 20 point loss (44-24) to the lowly KC's. The team sent McD a message that its a 50/50 proposition and compromise if you want to win in the NFL. I think McD got the message.

I believe McD got the message well before the KC game, now comes the house cleaning.

jhat01
01-17-2010, 08:35 PM
Just joined. Haven't read any posts, but let me take a wild guess at what's happening...

BPC is...

Am I close?

That's about the size of it.

DBroncos4life
01-17-2010, 09:37 PM
Wait, so you're telling me that the Jets are playing in the AFCCG and their QB didn't put up Madden 2010 fantasy football stats?

How on earth is THAT possible?

Hmmmm...

What is McD best known for? QB's and huge stats.

BPC is...

Am I close?

Busy day in the Cutler thread again? Ha!

Pony Boy
01-17-2010, 10:00 PM
I'm thinking Ron Dayne could break off 2K behind the Jets line.

Merlin
01-17-2010, 10:03 PM
That is actually the coaching yr that impressed me about McD. He took a QB that had not started since high-school and was able to teach him how not to wreck the Ferrari. That is a hell of an accomplishment. Cutler has Ferrari talent, but nobody has been able to teach him to play so that he does not wreck it and turn into a Mustang. McD was very patient with Cassel's development last yr, and turned him into a decent NFL QB. Now he may have had the tools (he was "drafted" by USC), but he had not started in yrs. By the time he finished the season he was in the top half of QBs in the NFL.

McD did an incredible job that yr, he took the talent available and played to its strengths. Sadly he failed miserably in Denver when it came to maximizing its strengths, instead he brought all attention to its weaknesses. He did a piss poor job this yr, but he is a smart coach, and hopefully his ego will not prevent him from learning from his mistakes and becoming better for them.

Popps
01-17-2010, 11:03 PM
What is McD best known for? QB's and huge stats.
!

Well, I'd guess it's the Superbowl ring .

Busy day in the Cutler thread again? Ha!

Do you want a picture of me for your nightstand?

Pretty obsessed these days, kid.

DBroncos4life
01-17-2010, 11:21 PM
Well, I'd guess it's the Superbowl ring .

Do you want a picture of me for your nightstand?

Pretty obsessed these days, kid.

No need for the picture if I ever need to find you I will just look in the newest thread about Cutler. :thumbs:

bpc
01-17-2010, 11:57 PM
You're trying to hide the fact that you were so far off base about Welker. Welker was UNDRAFTED - again I'm talking to someone who does not know anything about any team BUT the Broncos (even at that you're pretty bad).

So McDaniels gets no credit for his elite, historic, success, because he had good players. The only right way to win is to take players who haven't been proven and turn them into stars. Yup. He gets no success for taking the offense to a WHOLE NEW LEVEL OF SUCCESS NO ONE HAS HAD BEFORE, with mediocre backs. No he doesn't get credit because he already had talent. :rofl:

John Elway was the QB for only 4 years as Shanhan was HC, so his success cannot be credited to Shanahan because he was already good? :rofl:

You've dodged many of my shots - keep convincing yourself buddy -you've already lost. :rofl: You're like a punching bag - everyone here takes a huge pounding on you because you're posts are worth nothing more than something that can be broken down and beaten up.

Mr Wes Welker was great before Patriots. :rofl::thumbsup:

Okay MVPlaya you have more knowledge than the rest of us about everything NFL related. You got me.

You're right, i had no idea Welker was just a system game from Tech who went undrafted and toiled in Miami for several years before busting out for 67 catches. Got me.

The only thing historic about what the Patriots did in 07' was their failure to win the super bowl, which largely hung off the back of his offense. His approach to that game was flawed and arrogant... very similar to the way he has approached some things here. Heap all the praise on McDaniels you want, I still don't see anything which was all that great. I'll give him credit on Cassel... and that is my expectation moving forward. I expect him to give us a steal of QB when it's least expected, late in the draft so we can save the value of drafting him in the 1st or 2nd rounds. Failure to do so will only prove my point on the issue, that he hasn't proven didly poop and we were reaching for straws when we hired him.

The notion that we didn't even attempt to interview Rex Ryan was a blatant failure on Joe Ellis' part. I'll leave Bowlen out of this now because he's a clueless bastard who is just told what to do from his buddy... wormtongue.

BTW, you can't say crap about Rex Ryan's resume. He was tutored at the handle by one of the smartest and ingenuitive defensive coaches the NFL has ever seen... his dad, Buddy Ryan. He's coached in a couple different franchises and has helped a defensive unit to a super bowl victory. If you think Mike Nolan is good, you should appreciate Ryan because he learned from him for over 4 seasons when Mike was the DC at Baltimore. He also has coached under Marvin Lewis. Both names are greatly respected as great defensive coordinators. Since 2005 when Rex took over the defense, his yards and points rankings have been in the top 10 of NFL defenses all but one season, in 2007 when the Ravens with 5-11 and were 22nd in pts. Remeber though, that is also inflated because Kyle Boller was the QB at the time.

In comparison, McDaniels was tutored on offense by Charlie Weis. Ryan by his father Buddy, Marvin Lewis and Mike Nolan. Advantage, Rex Ryan.

No use talking about it, just highlighting the stupidity that we didn't even interview the guy... and now he's waltzing his team into the AFC Championship game all the way continueing his tradition of defensive greatness. The Jets finished 1st in both defensive categories, yards allowed and pts allowed. He built upon the defense they had with his aggressive scheme, and sprinkled his guys into the unit to make them great.

Inversely McDaniels genius tore the heart out of our offense from the year before, bitched about the offensive line, polarized the relationship he had with some players and led our offense to 12th in offensive yardage and 20th in points, the one aspect of our game he guaranteed he would change this year.

scttgrd
01-18-2010, 12:04 AM
Ouch bpc, that's going to leave a mark.

Popps
01-18-2010, 12:49 AM
Yea, McD "tore out the heart" of our 16th ranked scoring offense.

But, McDaniels' dad didn't coach in the league. So, that doesn't make him as good as Ryan.

LOL

Shula's kid had a great coaching career in the NFL.

Let's throw McDaniels under the bus because the Jets won one more game than us because Indy decided to quit playing.

As always, great stuff, BPC. Who needs trolls when we've got you here typing 46 paragraph diatribes bashing the team.

Florida_Bronco
01-18-2010, 01:16 AM
Yea, McD "tore out the heart" of our 16th ranked scoring offense. I'll never understand that complaint, aside from the fact that a bunch of people think our offense was alot better than it really was. Listening to these people you would think McDaniels had some moral obligation to keep the West Coast Offense/ZBS because Lord Shanahan ran that.

Newsflash, idiots. Not all coaches run that offensive system, and we hired one of them. The Earhart-Perkins offense has been pretty damn successful lately, and McD put his spin on it that resulted in arguably the greatest offense in NFL history and an undefeated regular season record while being one fluke catch away from another Super Bowl victory.

But, McDaniels' dad didn't coach in the league. So, that doesn't make him as good as Ryan. Another brain dead argument from the Shanahan widows. Not only did McD come up under Charlie Weis, but he also spent time as a defensive coach learning under guys like Nick Saban and Bill Belichick.

Rex Ryan sure doesn't have any offensive experience on his resume.

As always, great stuff, BPC. Who needs trolls when we've got you here typing 46 paragraph diatribes bashing the team. Putting him on ignore has turned out to be a very smart move.

The MVPlaya
01-18-2010, 02:15 AM
In comparison, McDaniels was tutored on offense by Charlie Weis. Ryan by his father Buddy, Marvin Lewis and Mike Nolan. Advantage, Rex Ryan.

For whatever reason - my eyes caught this as I was scrolling. I ignored everything else because here, as you would say, you're not looking at things from an unbiased view. :spit:

The fact that you failed to mention Bill Belichick, lets me know you're still living in your own world and stretching concepts that a 10 year old would try to make. Advantage, Ryan? Really? You said that like it's basic 1+1 math when the whole situation is much more complex and has more variables involved.

How do you fail to mention he's been under the arms of Belichick? Belichick has mentored, tutored, etc this guy more personally as WE know it than any of the guys you mentioned (other than his dad). And how do you fail to mention this?

Throughout all of this (unless you did in this post), you failed to mention that Rex Ryan tried to get a HC job before but failed. 3 times. He got beat out by John Harbaugh (on his OWN team), Mike Smith (Atlanta), and Sparano (Miami). Let me repeat this - he got beat out for a HC job on his OWN team.

Now - there are many people who hate Rex for obvious reasons but I for 1, am a fan. His gap overload blitzes are just as nice as LeBeau's zone blitzes. He's done a great job - got a little lucky - and deserves great credit for what he's done, and thus far he's been more successful as h/c than our guy Josh. I don't mind his cocky attitude as it's just another personality in football.

If we are sitting here comparing resume's...McDaniels has been apart of much more success - this is factual - PERIOD. McDaniels only needed one job interview to get hired.

The rest of your post is probably jibberish that stretches concepts only significant and true in your world. LOL

The MVPlaya
01-18-2010, 02:19 AM
Another brain dead argument from the Shanahan widows. Not only did McD come up under Charlie Weis, but he also spent time as a defensive coach learning under guys like Nick Saban and Bill Belichick.

Rex Ryan sure doesn't have any offensive experience on his resume.

Putting him on ignore has turned out to be a very smart move.

+1

McDaniels has experience on both sides of the ball which is another connection I wanted to make.

It's fun picking on him and ripping him apart and watch him try to roll up mud balls in a fist fight. However, it is getting to the point where it's beyond his conceptual ignorance, but his false facts that he blatantly gets wrong all the time.

He was so far off base about Wes and tried to cover it up but actually taking a look at his stats for the first time in his life.

His nothing short of pathetic. Hilarious!

Rex Ryan has thus far had more success but we are talking about the situation based on what they did at time of hire, and not now.

People love to talk from hind sight, I'm not sure where all this energy was at BEFORE Rex was coaching and won 2 playoff games.

Nothing short of pathetic and loser ways.

Popps
01-18-2010, 03:25 AM
I'll never understand that complaint, aside from the fact that a bunch of people think our offense was alot better than it really was. Listening to these people you would think McDaniels had some moral obligation to keep the West Coast Offense/ZBS because Lord Shanahan ran that. .

That's one of the most ignorant angles the widows have tried.

Did Mike Shanahan keep Wade Phillips' game plan in tact? As I posted in another thread... the numbers were similar as far as scoring.

This notion that we had some top notch, effective offense is a joke. We played from behind and put up yardage numbers. Whooptie ****ing do.

McDaniels and Co. are going to install their system. That's what new staffs do. People can cry and moan, and it still won't change that fact.

Popps
01-18-2010, 03:28 AM

People love to talk from hind sight, I'm not sure where all this energy was at BEFORE Rex was coaching and won 2 playoff games.

Again, they won 1 more game than us... and got into the playoffs because a team just decided to pack it up at half time and quit.

You'd think they went undefeated.

BroncoBuff
01-18-2010, 03:40 AM
No need for the picture if I ever need to find you I will just look in the newest thread about Cutler. :thumbs:

No kidding ... he is massively obsessed with Cutler.

I'll bet he has more Cutler posts than any two other posters combined. And he's on here like 24-7 ... can't remember the last time I was here and he wasn't.

Drek
01-18-2010, 04:11 AM
McD did an incredible job that yr, he took the talent available and played to its strengths. Sadly he failed miserably in Denver when it came to maximizing its strengths, instead he brought all attention to its weaknesses. He did a piss poor job this yr, but he is a smart coach, and hopefully his ego will not prevent him from learning from his mistakes and becoming better for them.

Did he fail miserably at it or did he just do an amazingly great job the first six weeks, only to have it exposed by two good teams in back to back weeks coming out of the bye?

Our interior OL is weak. Our DL is weak. Somehow McDaniels managed to hide that fact against some good teams for six weeks straight. But when we ran into a couple big, powerful lines on both sides of the ball (against Baltimore and Pittsburgh) our small, underpowered lines got exposed.

There has been a lot of bitching about the red zone struggles of this franchise over the last half decade or so. That comes from our weak lines. Look at the teams still running the ZBS, what one of them had a running game that finished drives? Atlanta sure doesn't, they turn to Matt Ryan down in the red zone. Green Bay doesn't, their entire offense is predicated on Aaron Rogers and his first class deep ball. Houston? Nope, Andre Johnson is the go to man there. Oakland? They run because there isn't another option, but they're far from even being a good team.

The ZBS as it currently stands in the NFL is a nut that has been cracked, a puzzle that has been solved. Good teams know how to defend it and the talent pool we targeted in the draft now gets raided much earlier.

Three years ago I said that Joe Thomas was exactly the kind of OT we previously would have been able to draft in the 3rd or 4th round and have an anchor at LT for years to come. But in recent years teams have sought out the faster, more agile OLs we used to target because those are the ideal guys for handling the in vogue speed rushers at DE (4-3) and OLB (3-4). It has killed the talent pool for ZBS OLs as now you must choose one dimensional linemen (like Tyler Polumbus) and hope even NFL average levels of strength develop over time. There are no Matt Lepsis, Dan Neil, Tom Nalen types sliding through the cracks anymore.

So unless some staff somewhere puts forth the commitment of taking these fast and strong OLs in the 1st and 2nd rounds where they now reside the ZBS will continue to be weak against elite teams and strangely absent from the playoffs, year after year.

This might be what Pete Carroll is thinking in Seattle, by bringing Alex Gibbs in. If they spend picks diligently on the right kinds of OL talents they could have the perfect line for running the ZBS in the modern NFL, but it will rely on them drafting OL early and often.

Kind of like what the Jets did to put together their great OL though. A couple first rounders, a big FA signing, and then just a few diamonds in the rough who can have great years surrounded by elite talent. We've got two diamonds in the rough with Kuper and Harris, and one elite drafted talent in Clady. Its time to draft another young stud and fill the remaining hole with a veteran FA signing.

BroncoBuff
01-18-2010, 04:14 AM
Supply and demand ... great post.

Hadn't thought of dirty Dan Neil in quite awhile ... :thumbs:

fontaine
01-18-2010, 06:41 AM
I don't care about Greene, Shanahan, Gibbs etc etc.

All I care about is McD doing the job he was brought in for which is to improve our DL/OL play because all our struggles are based from that.

His first season here, McD failed to do it. As a matter of fact he sucked doing it. But he's still got a couple more years to get it done before he should be questioned.

Broncos_OTM
01-18-2010, 07:09 AM
Yep the Jets owner and fans had to endure a couple of lossing seasons inorder to draft high enough to build up their OL.

These Jets sure werent having 8-8, 9-7, or 7-9 seasons over the last 4 or 5 years while building the the best OL in the NFL.

Can the Broncos fans endure some 3-5 win seasons over the next 2 or 3 years in order to draft high enough some great OL men?

We got our premire tackle. C and G are usually drafted in later rounds with the really really good ones going usually no higher then 20. Right Tackles can usually be found later as well. The hardest is to find a Pro Bowl Talent at LT. which we have.

BroncoBuff
01-18-2010, 08:27 AM

All I care about is McD doing the job he was brought in for which is to improve our DL/OL play because all our struggles are based from that.

His first season here, McD failed to do it. As a matter of fact he sucked doing it. But he's still got a couple more years to get it done before he should be questioned.

Totally agree, every word.

We definitely need a good solid guard and good stout NT, and now unfortunately a #1 WR.

TonyR
01-18-2010, 12:24 PM
The fact that you failed to mention Bill Belichick...

...you failed to mention that Rex Ryan tried to get a HC job before but failed. 3 times. He got beat out by John Harbaugh (on his OWN team), Mike Smith (Atlanta), and Sparano (Miami). Let me repeat this - he got beat out for a HC job on his OWN team.

Great points. Nothing like facts and perspective to quiet the lunatic rantings.

tsiguy96
01-18-2010, 12:32 PM
Totally agree, every word.

We definitely need a good solid guard and good stout NT, and now unfortunately a #1 WR.

to be fair, he covered up the play of the DL very, very well for atleast the first 6 games, and some games past that. you can only disguise weakness for so long.

Popps
01-18-2010, 01:13 PM

Our defense went from the worst in the league to the top 10 in one season.

Our offensive point production was essentially down a FG.

So, to say he "sucked at it" in his first season is insanity. He did some things well, and some things not so well.

I'm not sure why it is people need to invent falsehoods when it comes to this guy. It's like someone saying... "Mike Shanahan sucks! He never won anything!" It's not true, so why say it?

It is what it is. We compiled a .500 record in the midst of a rebuilding season. Not bad, considering the circumstances. It didn't "suck," it wasn't "awesome." It's a little better than expected, and that's that.

As for the lines, we had a guy on his last leg at center, a guy on his last leg at G and lost our RT mid-season. Most lines don't play well under those conditions.

I guess people thought we'd be able to build out two hall of fame lines in one off-season. I wonder why we wouldn't just do that every year if it's so easy? Why don't all teams?

Drek
01-18-2010, 01:14 PM

Exactly. I give him a pass for last off-season because neither FA or the draft played out well enough for us to address our line needs, and we lost Harris for over half the season.

Even still he did find some ok values. Holliday was still good. Fields and Peterson had career years and look league average or a little better. We'll see how Olsen pans out.

That said, he needs to get a legitimate difference maker for the DL. That could be a draftee like Gerald McCoy or a free agent like Vince Wilfork. Just someone who can make an impact all three downs. On the OL he needs to find a powerful LG who can run the blocking scheme he wants and he needs a replacement for Weigman in the wings.

It might be tough but its time to start making some progress. Like I said in another post on here, he made some great FA signings overall last year but all of them where at positions where he chose to go and get someone. The test of a good personnel guy is how he fairs when his battles are chosen for him.

bpc
01-18-2010, 03:20 PM
For whatever reason - my eyes caught this as I was scrolling. I ignored everything else because here, as you would say, you're not looking at things from an unbiased view. :spit:

The fact that you failed to mention Bill Belichick, lets me know you're still living in your own world and stretching concepts that a 10 year old would try to make. Advantage, Ryan? Really? You said that like it's basic 1+1 math when the whole situation is much more complex and has more variables involved.

How do you fail to mention he's been under the arms of Belichick? Belichick has mentored, tutored, etc this guy more personally as WE know it than any of the guys you mentioned (other than his dad). And how do you fail to mention this?

Throughout all of this (unless you did in this post), you failed to mention that Rex Ryan tried to get a HC job before but failed. 3 times. He got beat out by John Harbaugh (on his OWN team), Mike Smith (Atlanta), and Sparano (Miami). Let me repeat this - he got beat out for a HC job on his OWN team.

Now - there are many people who hate Rex for obvious reasons but I for 1, am a fan. His gap overload blitzes are just as nice as LeBeau's zone blitzes. He's done a great job - got a little lucky - and deserves great credit for what he's done, and thus far he's been more successful as h/c than our guy Josh. I don't mind his cocky attitude as it's just another personality in football.

If we are sitting here comparing resume's...McDaniels has been apart of much more success - this is factual - PERIOD. McDaniels only needed one job interview to get hired.

The rest of your post is probably jibberish that stretches concepts only significant and true in your world. LOL

This is a huge waste of time on my part, but how many offensive coaching positions has BB held during his career?

My original point is Ryan was tutored on the defensive side of the football by great defensive coordinators and minds.

While I respect BB as a defensive mind, that's not what McDaniels came packaged as. He was labeled a "offensive genius". So where did earn that label under? Weis? Mangini? That was their specialty, not BB's. McDaniels even said that he didn't spend any time with BB until the last season, when he earned BB's respect for not interviewing for jobs during their undefeated playoff run in 07'.

bpc
01-18-2010, 03:39 PM
BTW, there are some here saying that the Jets had "WAY MORE PEICES IN PLACE TO SUCCEED" for Rex vs. McDaniels... (I'll pass on pushing the self inflicted gun shot wound to the head reference in terms of our traded *franchise* QB...) but the one thing I would point to is the scoreboard.

Mike Shanahan and Cutler took this Jets team behind the woodshed, in a driving rain no less, on the road two seasons ago.

So let's just not talk about how the Jets job was so much more attractive than Denver's. Denver's job was attractive to just about everybody except the guy who took the position. And here we are.

Jay6Cutler
01-18-2010, 05:07 PM
im going to say this IF mcdan doesnt make the playoffs next year he will be gone

KipCorrington25
01-18-2010, 07:15 PM
The Jets went out on a limb and brought in a guy with size and speed instead of a small slow guy who fumbles to boot, those crazy Jets!