PDA

View Full Version : Broncos/Niners in London

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-15-2010, 10:53 AM
Halloween night, per the Post.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-15-2010, 10:54 AM
LINK (http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2010/01/15/broncos-going-to-london/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+dp-blogs-broncos+%28Denver+Post%3A+Sports%3A+Broncos%3A+Blo g%29)

TheDave
01-15-2010, 10:56 AM
Hmmm... I'm not sure how I feel about this. Good that we are getting the extra exposure, but I'm concerned about jet lag and scheduling issues that could happen because of it.

worm
01-15-2010, 10:57 AM
I wonder whose home game it is.

HEAV
01-15-2010, 10:58 AM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- The NFL will announce that the Broncos will traval to London on Sunday, Oct. 31, to face the San Francisco 49ers as a part of the NFL's International Series.

"The Denver Broncos are honored to play in London against the 49ers as part of the NFL's International Series," Broncos President and CEO Pat Bowlen said. "Our organization has been fortunate to play in several American Bowls in previous years, including one in London, but to play a regular-season game overseas is truly special.

"It's a wonderful, historic opportunity for our franchise and will be an unforgettable experience for our players, coaches and fans. I'm excited for the game in London and am thrilled that the Broncos will be part of the NFL's continued international growth."

The game will be played at Wembley Stadium at 11 a.m. MST (5 p.m. UK). CBS will provide live television coverage of the game in the United States.

Denver's game against the 49ers marks the fourth time the NFL has hosted a regular-season game in the United Kingdom with the previous three contests played before sellout crowds. The league has held one regular-season game in London each season beginning in 2007.

Including regular-season games played in London (3), Toronto (2) and Mexico City (1), the Broncos-49ers contest represents the seventh international regular-season game in NFL history.

"Playing in London in front of so many passionate and new football fans is a privilege and will be a great experience for our team," Broncos Head Coach Josh McDaniels said. "I'm excited for the opportunity, and I am certain that our players and coaches will share my enthusiasm.

"The previous games in London have had a playoff-like atmosphere to them, so that's always a good thing to play in that type of an environment. We'll be ready for the challenge."

The Broncos have played seven international games in club history, including once in London during the preseason -- falling to the Los Angeles Rams 28-27 on Aug. 9, 1987.

Denver's game against the 49ers was set to be an away game, so the club will continue to host eight regular-season games at INVESCO Field at Mile High during the 2010 season.

Hercules Rockefeller
I wonder whose home game it is.

49ers

If it was a Denver home game, **** that.

Rabb
we will break off 2 pounds in that country

TheDave
01-15-2010, 10:59 AM
http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=334&storyID=9765

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- The NFL will announce that the Broncos will traval to London on Sunday, Oct. 31, to face the San Francisco 49ers as a part of the NFL's International Series.

"The Denver Broncos are honored to play in London against the 49ers as part of the NFL's International Series," Broncos President and CEO Pat Bowlen (http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=357&contentID=113) said. "Our organization has been fortunate to play in several American Bowls in previous years, including one in London, but to play a regular-season game overseas is truly special.

"It's a wonderful, historic opportunity for our franchise and will be an unforgettable experience for our players, coaches and fans. I'm excited for the game in London and am thrilled that the Broncos will be part of the NFL's continued international growth."

The game will be played at Wembley Stadium at 11 a.m. MST (5 p.m. UK). CBS will provide live television coverage of the game in the United States.
Denver's game against the 49ers marks the fourth time the NFL has hosted a regular-season game in the United Kingdom with the previous three contests played before sellout crowds. The league has held one regular-season game in London each season beginning in 2007.
Including regular-season games played in London (3), Toronto (2) and Mexico City (1), the Broncos-49ers contest represents the seventh international regular-season game in NFL history.

"Playing in London in front of so many passionate and new football fans is a privilege and will be a great experience for our team," Broncos Head Coach Josh McDaniels (http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=357&contentID=9591) said. "I'm excited for the opportunity, and I am certain that our players and coaches will share my enthusiasm.
"The previous games in London have had a playoff-like atmosphere to them, so that's always a good thing to play in that type of an environment. We'll be ready for the challenge."

The Broncos have played seven international games in club history, including once in London during the preseason -- falling to the Los Angeles Rams 28-27 on Aug. 9, 1987.

Denver's game against the 49ers was set to be an away game, so the club will continue to host eight regular-season games at INVESCO Field at Mile High during the 2010 season.

Requiem
01-15-2010, 11:00 AM
Too bad Jay still isn't on the team, I'm sure he'd love to get hammered in London.

TailgateNut
01-15-2010, 11:01 AM
Glad it's not one that was "slated" to be a home game, I don't think I could make it across the pond with the RV.

worm
01-15-2010, 11:02 AM
Do teams get paid extra for this? Share the gate at the higher capacity stadium et al?

Curious if this is a bone for Bowlen as a way to make more money since we can't seem to do it the old fashioned way....by making the playoffs.

worm
01-15-2010, 11:03 AM
Glad it's not one that was "slated" to be a home game, I don't think I could make it across the pond with the RV.

You are so not a True Fan!

oubronco
01-15-2010, 11:03 AM
I'm curious what the week after looks like, are we home or on the road

Hercules Rockefeller
01-15-2010, 11:04 AM
Do teams get paid extra for this? Share the gate at the higher capacity stadium et al?

Curious if this is a bone for Bowlen as a way to make more money since we can't seem to do it the old fashioned way....by making the playoffs.

Don't think so, only thing it guarantees is that both will have their bye the next week (and I'd bet each will be home the week before).

Rabb
01-15-2010, 11:05 AM
Too bad Jay still isn't on the team, I'm sure he'd love to get hammered in London.

http://blogs.westword.com/latestword/orton%20and%20girls.jpg

oh don't worry, we got this

bronco militia
01-15-2010, 11:09 AM
it will be a sunday 11am kickoff

TailgateNut
01-15-2010, 11:12 AM
it will be a sunday 11am kickoff

We're ****ed. We already have a east coast curse, and this is another 6-7 hrs further east in BlimeyLand.

gyldenlove
01-15-2010, 11:15 AM
Damnit, couldn't they play in Toronto instead? I could actually go to that game, now I am sure my best friend who is still in Europe and a huge 49ers fan will go - and god help me what kind of abuse I will take if we lose.

TailgateNut
01-15-2010, 11:16 AM
Damnit, couldn't they play in Toronto instead? I could actually go to that game, now I am sure my best friend who is still in Europe and a huge 49ers fan will go - and god help me what kind of abuse I will take if we lose.

??????Toronto is closer to Denmark than England?????

vanbrugh
01-15-2010, 11:16 AM
Happy Happy Days:yayaya:

BigPlayShay
01-15-2010, 11:18 AM
God damn it. I was targeting SF as the away game I would go to next year.

TheDave
01-15-2010, 11:18 AM
??????Toronto is closer to Denmark than England?????

Since that one particular incident...Gylden is no longer allowed in england.

ZONA
01-15-2010, 11:19 AM
Playing outside the US is gay. The NFL makes more then enough money from the fans right here in the states and this is our game. Let them keep their stupid soccer. American football is best appreciated and demonstrated right frickin here.

no-pseudo-fan
01-15-2010, 11:19 AM
We should be good. San Fran has a longer trip and an extra time zone on us. We also will have the Bye week the following week, which is cool. The Bad thing is the trip over, not the trip back. I remember being wide awake at 3 am and died tired before 5pm. The trip back was simple, I just stayed awake on the plane and until it was night.

Rohirrim
01-15-2010, 11:22 AM
Anything that creates an excuse to see Broncoblue's avatar again. ;D

broncofan7
01-15-2010, 11:23 AM

Orton?
not only is he subpar ON THE FIELD--but he lacks game OFF of it too......that chick laying on him is FAT.

broncocalijohn
01-15-2010, 11:23 AM

As long as they have whiskey, I am sure KingNeckbeard would do just fine.
I believe this will be a 49ers game and this sucks as we were planning to head to SF. Well, looks like Arizona or Seattle for next year.

TailgateNut
01-15-2010, 11:24 AM
Since that one particular incident...Gylden is no longer allowed in england.

I had an unscheduled layover in Heathrow years ago. What a miserable place. No wonder British Bands want to come to the good ol USA.

Sassy
01-15-2010, 11:28 AM
That sucks!
We were shooting for Seattle (which was changed to a home game) or San Fran for an away game this year :(

lostknight
01-15-2010, 11:32 AM
I might just have to head over to London for a game then.

TexanBob
01-15-2010, 11:33 AM
Last year, London hosted the Giants and the Dolphins which at least made sense because these were teams on the East Coast. And what happened to their seasons once they got back from England? ((flushing noise))

Now, the NFL is going to force West Coast teams to travel to London. That's stupid. If those two teams were sent to Tokyo, that might make more sense but we're now talking about an 8-10 hour flight to get to London as opposed to six-hour flight for East Coast teams. Dumb, dumb, dumb. Send the friggin' Cowboys first, okay?

TheDave
01-15-2010, 11:36 AM
Last year, London hosted the Giants and the Dolphins which at least made sense because these were teams on the East Coast. And what happened to their seasons once they got back from England? ((flushing noise))

Now, the NFL is going to force West Coast teams to travel to London. That's stupid. If those two teams were sent to Tokyo, that might make more sense but we're now talking about an 8-10 hour flight to get to London as opposed to six-hour flight for East Coast teams. Dumb, dumb, dumb. Send the friggin' Cowboys first, okay?

Point taken, but wasn't last year the bucs and Pats?

broncocalijohn
01-15-2010, 11:38 AM
Playing outside the US is gay. The NFL makes more then enough money from the fans right here in the states and this is our game. Let them keep their stupid soccer. American football is best appreciated and demonstrated right frickin here.

while I partially agree with the soccer statement, I think your attitude will best be left to staying home and not embarrass us. Not sure if I could afford this trip and it is halloween (kids!), but Bronco Blue and UK Bronco are probably already drunk. It will be their turn to put the tailgate together.

missingnumber7
01-15-2010, 11:44 AM

giants phins was 07, saints chuggers 08 and this year was pats bucs...I think it should be giants/jets

SpringStein
01-15-2010, 11:46 AM
I'm curious what the week after looks like, are we home or on the road

Best guess is that it will be a bye week.

bronco militia
01-15-2010, 11:46 AM
Orton?
not only is he subpar ON THE FIELD--but he lacks game OFF of it too......that chick laying on him is FAT.

I don't care for Kyle either, but I'm pretty sure you're gay.

TailgateNut
01-15-2010, 11:50 AM

:rofl:Tokyo is so much closer:rofl:

I recall my flight from SeaTac to Seoul was about 17 hrs (stop in Anchorage,stop in Tokyo, and then a hop to Korea).

Although I don't care to ever go to England again, it's a much shorter flight.

Ya don't travel much, do ya?

British Bronco
01-15-2010, 11:52 AM
Woohooo i am so excited!!! :d

Pseudofool
01-15-2010, 11:56 AM
Ugg. I hope we have a bye week either right before or right after. That travel is going to be a bitch.

CHANGSTER
01-15-2010, 11:57 AM
Orton?

??? :oyvey:

broncoblue
01-15-2010, 11:59 AM
Anything that creates an excuse to see Broncoblue's avatar again. ;D

were the famous denver broncos and were going to wemberleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ee
wemberlllllllllllllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeee

hate the idea of any sport moving from its own country ....
but hell yea lets make it 3-0 for me.

head count whose coming ?? ive been to two games across the pond ..so get saving and get ya asses here....now for the important bit tickets.

eddie mac
01-15-2010, 11:59 AM
Muther****ing halleluyah, celebrate good times, come on, celebrate good times come. I'm at this game no doubt.

Archer81
01-15-2010, 12:00 PM
We're ****ed. We already have a east coast curse, and this is another 6-7 hrs further east in BlimeyLand.

Here...but in the UK, its 5pm.

:Broncos:

Dagmar
01-15-2010, 12:02 PM
I should go home and visit the folks for Halloween!!!

Rabb
01-15-2010, 12:07 PM
Muther****ing halleluyah, celebrate good times, come on, celebrate good times come. I'm at this game no doubt.

no joke, this is why these games are awesome

the chance for some remote fans to see their boys in person...I love it

:thumbs:

24champ
01-15-2010, 12:08 PM
God damn it. I was targeting SF as the away game I would go to next year.

Me too. But don't we have an away Seattle game?

I'm kind of curious if the Broncos will offer any travel packages for its fans.

broncoblue
01-15-2010, 12:08 PM
while I partially agree with the soccer statement, I think your attitude will best be left to staying home and not embarrass us. Not sure if I could afford this trip and it is halloween (kids!), but Bronco Blue and UK Bronco are probably already drunk. It will be their turn to put the tailgate together.
on with it ...1st beer going down now....get ya scabby ass over

broncoblue
01-15-2010, 12:10 PM
miss independent will you still be here??

broncoblue
01-15-2010, 12:11 PM
Here...but in the UK, its 5pm.

oh yea!Booya!

broncoblue
01-15-2010, 12:12 PM
I should go home and visit the folks for Halloween!!!

bring our goal posts back lol

get over here:thumbsup:

Denver724
01-15-2010, 12:13 PM

Maybe we will have a bye the following week.

broncoblue
01-15-2010, 12:14 PM
no joke, this is why these games are awesome

the chance for some remote fans to see their boys in person...I love it

:thumbs:

already seen them :spit:

Cool Breeze
01-15-2010, 12:14 PM

What a great way to wake up!
TWO LATINAS JUMPING ON THE BED!
SIGN ME UP!!!:yayaya:

Sassy
01-15-2010, 12:18 PM
As long as they have whiskey, I am sure KingNeckbeard would do just fine.
I believe this will be a 49ers game and this sucks as we were planning to head to SF. Well, looks like Arizona or Seattle for next year.

John...they changed Seattle to a home game. :(
Those were the two away possibilities we were looking at as well.

Sassy
01-15-2010, 12:19 PM
Me too. But don't we have an away Seattle game?

I'm kind of curious if the Broncos will offer any travel packages for its fans.

Seattle has been changed to a home game.

PRBronco
01-15-2010, 12:21 PM

I actually have an alarm clock that makes that sound.

Requiem
01-15-2010, 12:21 PM

You had me at Two Latinas. :twokisses

sixtimeseight
01-15-2010, 12:32 PM
Orton?

I guarantee Orton has slept with many, many more women than you, all of which are hotter than any girl you've ever talked to, let alone hooked up with. I would wager a lot of money that this is the case.

Peoples Champ
01-15-2010, 12:51 PM
I guarantee Orton has slept with many, many more women than you, all of which are hotter than any girl you've ever talked to, let alone hooked up with. I would wager a lot of money that this is the case.

ya agreed, lets not get picky here

Beantown Bronco
01-15-2010, 12:51 PM
Those are some decent looking maids......

JJG
01-15-2010, 12:52 PM
so just for clarification.....will we have a bye the week after? and was seattle changed to a home game?

broncocalijohn
01-15-2010, 12:54 PM
John...they changed Seattle to a home game. :(
Those were the two away possibilities we were looking at as well.

That sucks. TJ and BB could have put on the tailgate and Seattle was pretty fun last time I went to see the Broncos (and of course a lot of Broncos fans with the win!). I think are best chance for a roadie is Arizona. Southwest is sick on cheap flights from California. You guys missed the 2006 game. One of the biggest Broncos tailgates (outside of Denver) that I have ever been to. I think tickets might be more expensive now that the Cards are actually a team.

UKBronco
01-15-2010, 12:54 PM
DAMMMNIT!!!!!

The one opportunity to watch the Broncos in my own back yard, and I'm the other side of the world on detachment.

The footballing gods are not kind :(

Beantown Bronco
01-15-2010, 12:56 PM
so just for clarification.....will we have a bye the week after? and was seattle changed to a home game?

1. If they do the same thing they did this year, then yes.

2. Yes.

broncocalijohn
01-15-2010, 12:56 PM
DAMMMNIT!!!!!

The one opportunity to watch the Broncos in my own back yard, and I'm the other side of the world on detachment.

The footballing gods are not kind :(

and here we were thinking of you. Well, we got BroncoBlue and maybe Scottish Bronco from mostly the BF site. That sucks. Well, maybe in 15 years they will be back.

Sassy
01-15-2010, 12:57 PM
That sucks. TJ and BB could have put on the tailgate and Seattle was pretty fun last time I went to see the Broncos (and of course a lot of Broncos fans with the win!). I think are best chance for a roadie is Arizona. Southwest is sick on cheap flights from California. You guys missed the 2006 game. One of the biggest Broncos tailgates (outside of Denver) that I have ever been to. I think tickets might be more expensive now that the Cards are actually a team.

I actually tossed that AZ idea to Hogan...

Just out of curiosity I looked at some London stuff...

Hmmm...looking at hotels ... they aren't too bad...I'm thinking an extra 500 for plane tickets ($922 from Rochester to Chicago to London), hotel about the same as US, $100 for a passport...maybe $600 extra and of course, TIME, is the difference between going to London and a regular away game....The wheels are spinning....Ha!

Beantown Bronco
01-15-2010, 01:04 PM
Don't ask me how I got this, but I managed to get my hands on some footage of the official "OMane London-Week" vacation:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/L-W50U2RP6g&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/L-W50U2RP6g&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Rohirrim
01-15-2010, 01:06 PM

Hmmm...looking at hotels ... they aren't too bad...I'm thinking an extra 500 for plane tickets ($922 from Rochester to Chicago to London), hotel about the same as US, $100 for a passport...maybe $600 extra and of course, TIME, is the difference between going to London and a regular away game....The wheels are spinning....Ha!

Package a European vacation into the deal. Once you're over there, getting from London to anywhere else on the continent is no big deal. Italy, Spain, France.... sweet. :~ohyah!:

Archer81
01-15-2010, 01:12 PM

Thought the Broncos playing in London would count as an away game, with 8 games being in Denver.

worm
01-15-2010, 01:12 PM
Package a European vacation into the deal. Once you're over there, getting from London to anywhere else on the continent is no big deal. Italy, Spain, France.... sweet. :~ohyah!:

All great spots for.....a honeymoon! Availability of Bud Light might be low. Hogan would be on life support.

Archie
01-15-2010, 01:13 PM

Exactly - although I can envision (or dream about anyway) renting an RV and tailgaing outside Wembley :)...

Sassy
01-15-2010, 01:13 PM
All great spots for.....a honeymoon! Availability of Bud Light might be low. Hogan would be on life support.

I know CPR Hilarious!:~ohyah!:

Archie
01-15-2010, 01:16 PM
were the famous denver broncos and were going to wemberleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ee
wemberlllllllllllllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeee

head count whose coming ?? ive been to two games across the pond ..so get saving and get ya asses here....now for the important bit tickets.

Long time no see Blue (since AZ a 3+ years ago). We might try to do this though.

Jens1893
01-15-2010, 01:16 PM
89€ with Lufthansa ... Saturday to Monday morning. :)

Scottish_Bronco
01-15-2010, 01:17 PM
already seen them :spit:

Me too8')

At least this time we wont have to sit on a plane for over 12 hours:D
Shall we open a 'Broncos @ 49ers' thread in the tailgate forum?

Archie

We are almost certainly going to Seattle but London is also suddenly looking interesting.

Garcia Bronco
this is ****ing bull****. Europe! start you own league. There is a reason our ancestors left that dump. :)

atomicbloke

But broncofan7 has slept with hotter men :thumbsup:

Sassy
01-15-2010, 01:21 PM
We are almost certainly going to Seattle but London is also suddenly looking interesting.

Archie...Seattle is now a HOME game. :(

PaintballCLE
01-15-2010, 01:21 PM

WE DONT PLAY IN SEATTLE THIS YEAR.........per new nfl rules of teams not allowed to play in SF and SEA in the same year.

sixtimeseight
01-15-2010, 01:25 PM
But broncofan7 has slept with hotter men :thumbsup:

That is true.

RaiderH8r
01-15-2010, 01:25 PM
we will break off 2 pounds in that country

And 700 meters...give or take. I'm too lazy to do the exact conversion.

Sassy
01-15-2010, 01:26 PM
WE DONT PLAY IN SEATTLE THIS YEAR.........per new nfl rules of teams not allowed to play in SF and SEA in the same year.

:~ohyah!: I thought the new NFL rule was "The NFL can do whatever the hell it wants to do!" UGH>

Sassy
01-15-2010, 01:27 PM
miss independent will you still be here??

She'll be there...she's on FB...and excited!

JJG
01-15-2010, 01:56 PM
1. If they do the same thing they did this year, then yes.

2. Yes.

sorry, I was being a smart ass....

Hogan11
01-15-2010, 01:57 PM

It is a faint possibility....faint because it'll probably take the entire travel budget. We'll see though.

I can't say I'm overjoyed with this development, matter of fact, I'm pissed.

Hogan11
01-15-2010, 01:58 PM

You're not doing a San Diego thing next season?

Sassy
01-15-2010, 01:58 PM
It is a faint possibility....faint because it'll probably take the entire travel budget. We'll see though.

I can't say I'm overjoyed with this development, matter of fact, I'm pissed.

I knew you would be...I am!

Hogan11
01-15-2010, 01:59 PM
Availability of Bud Light might be low. Hogan would be on life support.

A huge strike against the trip.....and I'm not drinking warm black and tans :nono:

Hogan11
01-15-2010, 02:00 PM
I knew you would be...I am!

If you thought I was a fish and chips fiend in San Diego.......

Sassy
01-15-2010, 02:01 PM
If you thought I was a fish and chips fiend in San Diego.......

Hilarious!

Beantown Bronco
01-15-2010, 02:01 PM
A huge strike against the trip.....and I'm not drinking warm black and tans :nono:

You can get Bud Lite in Madrid, so I'd be shocked if you can't get it in London.

Hogan11
01-15-2010, 02:02 PM
You can get Bud Lite in Madrid, so I'd be shocked if you can't get it in London.

Oh I know....still that whole drinking warm beer thing leaves me cold.

gyldenlove
01-15-2010, 02:07 PM

I lived in the UK for 2 years and never met anyone who actually drank warm beer.

TailgateNut
01-15-2010, 02:10 PM
Exactly - although I can envision (or dream about anyway) renting an RV and tailgaing outside Wembley :)...

**** that. I can't imagine driving an RV with the steering wheel on the WRONG SIDE and then driving on the WRONG SIDE of the road. :wiggle:

Hogan11
01-15-2010, 02:14 PM
I lived in the UK for 2 years and never met anyone who actually drank warm beer.

Okay then, I'll take your word for it.

I would actually love to go, I just don't think I can swing it is all......would definitely have to give up OM Weekend, as well as make concessions elsewhere to make it happen. We'll see I guess.

DenverBrit
01-15-2010, 02:14 PM

Dammit! You'll have to switch to beer. ;D

Hogan11
01-15-2010, 02:16 PM
Dammit! You'll have to switch to beer. ;D

Well, I'm not into full meals in a bottle, remember I drink for volume.

DenverBrit
01-15-2010, 02:22 PM
Well, I'm not into full meals in a bottle, remember I drink for volume.

Drink water, it's Bud Light without the pale yellow dye. ;D

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y9cTXl5ApEk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y9cTXl5ApEk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

broncoblue
01-15-2010, 02:23 PM
tailgate thread open

Garcia Bronco

I've had a cold bud and bud light in London.

Dagmar

Having grown up around the pubs of Glasgow and been to London multiple times I have never drank a warm beer and always drank bud, coors or tennants.

It's a myth! Do it! Put me in Sassys suitcase!

missingnumber7
01-15-2010, 02:25 PM
**** that. I can't imagine driving an RV with the steering wheel on the WRONG SIDE and then driving on the WRONG SIDE of the road. :wiggle:

I would pay to sit in the back of that RV just to watch TGN swear at traffic for being on the wrong side of the road. Oh and traffic circles...Look kids there's big ben.

DenverBrit
01-15-2010, 02:27 PM
I would pay to sit in the back of that RV just to watch TGN swear at traffic for being on the wrong side of the road. Oh and traffic circles...Look kids there's big ben.

Oh, and look, here it comes again........and again......:spit:

Jens1893
01-15-2010, 02:29 PM
Okay then, I'll take your word for it.

I would actually love to go, I just don't think I can swing it is all......would definitely have to give up OM Weekend, as well as make concessions elsewhere to make it happen. We'll see I guess.

id be shocked if you couldnt find a ~400 bucks flight from nyc to landahn ... flights from western europe to nyc can be DIRT CHEAP

missingnumber7
01-15-2010, 02:29 PM
Oh, and look, here it comes again........and again......:spit:

we know dad....big ben.

broncoblue
01-15-2010, 02:30 PM
I've had a cold bud and bud light in London.

bud lite? why begs the question.

Archer81
01-15-2010, 02:31 PM
Is it true the whole country stops at 4pm to have tea? and why tea?

broncoblue
01-15-2010, 02:32 PM
no ...tea sux.

Hogan11
01-15-2010, 02:35 PM
Tea time is like lunch here, correct?

Rohirrim
01-15-2010, 02:36 PM

That's what I was thinking. WTF?

Garcia Bronco
01-15-2010, 02:38 PM

I was 16. I tried a little of everything. The bender was in Killarney several nights prior. I drank wine, bud, corona, screw drivers, scotch, guiness, jack daniels, capt morgan, the next day was a killer. Puked on the Stone in Balarney on our way to Dublin on St Patrick's Day. LOL This was a High School trip and I earned "House Arrest" that night. Then we made the crossing to Whales, (Anglesey, where my family left in the 1700's(Gwalchmei)). That place with the really long name was where we landed. Then we went to London.

DenverBrit
01-15-2010, 02:39 PM
I was 16. I tried a little of everything. The bender was in Killarney several nights prior. I drank wine, bud, corona, screw drivers, scotch, guiness, jack daniels, capt morgan, the next day was a killer. Puked on the Stone in Balarney on our way to Dublin on St Patrick's Day. LOL

You would have been fine had you skipped the 'Bud.' :spit:

broncoblue
01-15-2010, 02:39 PM

tea time is evening meal
dinner time is lunch.
unless your a snob then dinner is evening
dinner is lunch
elevensies is cuppa time.

Rohirrim
01-15-2010, 02:40 PM
I love tea. I'm having an Irish Breakfast as we speak.

DenverBrit
01-15-2010, 02:41 PM

More than you'll ever want to know....but. ;D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tea_%28meal%29

Rohirrim
01-15-2010, 02:41 PM
tea time is evening meal
dinner time is lunch.
unless your a snob then dinner is evening
dinner is lunch
elevensies is cuppa time.

Easy to see where Tolkein got his inspiration for the Hobbits. ;D

Garcia Bronco
01-15-2010, 02:42 PM
You would have been fine had you skipped the 'Bud.' :spit:

We were out of control because we had never been exposed to alcohol like that. Had we been taught to drink like our Irish counter parts we wouldn't have gone off the deep end.

Archer81
Europeans are so wierd...

;)

DenverBrit
Easy to see where Tolkein got his inspiration for the Hobbits. ;D

It was during supper. ;D

HILife
01-15-2010, 02:43 PM

lol lol

broncoblue
I love tea. I'm having an Irish Breakfast as we speak.

im having stella and singing we love our broncos we do.

Beantown Bronco
Here's some recent footage of Hogan purchasing some Bud Light:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2HWEXUzzmDY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2HWEXUzzmDY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

broncoblue
01-15-2010, 02:44 PM
It was during supper. ;D

supper is donner kebab after 20 pints of lager :thumbs:

DenverBrit
01-15-2010, 02:45 PM
supper is donner kebab after 20 pints of lager :thumbs:

Why so much food? Ha!

broncoblue
01-15-2010, 02:48 PM
just because

Garcia Bronco
01-15-2010, 02:49 PM
I though Supper was lunch and Dinner was....well...dinner

Rohirrim
Man, I miss me some fish and chips. Nobody in Colorado knows how to make them.

Garcia Bronco

Try the British Bulldog

Hogan11
01-15-2010, 02:50 PM
Here's some recent footage of Hogan purchasing some Bud Light:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2HWEXUzzmDY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2HWEXUzzmDY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Hilarious!

That's why I subscribe....never buy porno mags at the counter, it's an iron rule. Ha!

Sassy

If H and I went...he'd live on that!

Archer81
I though Supper was lunch and Dinner was....well...dinner

I thought supper and dinner were the same thing...

Rohirrim

I could live on fish and chips. No doubt.

Hogan11

Fish & Chips, Bangers and Mash :welcome:

Archer81
01-15-2010, 02:51 PM
Blood sausage...sure it sounds cool...but who thought congealed pork blood in pork intestines would be good to eat?

DenverBrit
01-15-2010, 02:52 PM

There is supposedly a very good fish and chip shop on Broadway run by a British couple.

Also, McCormicks does a decent job too.

DenverBrit
01-15-2010, 02:55 PM
Blood sausage...sure it sounds cool...but who thought congealed pork blood in pork intestines would be good to eat?

Oh it is good......and it's for breakfast mostly.

Nothing says 'clogged arteries' like a British breakfast. ;D

Archer81
01-15-2010, 02:57 PM
Oh it is good......and it's for breakfast mostly.

Nothing says 'clogged arteries' like a British breakfast. ;D

Apparently. I just want to know what guy thought I am starving...oh look, a butchered pig that has its intestines hanging out...I wonder if you can eat those...*crunch crunch...OH MY...with congealed blood? THIS IS DELICIOUS!

Sassy
01-15-2010, 02:58 PM
Apparently. I just want to know what guy thought I am starving...oh look, a butchered pig that has its intestines hanging out...I wonder if you can eat those...*crunch crunch...OH MY...with congealed blood? THIS IS DELICIOUS!

I've had deer sausage and duck...but that sounds disgusting!
Actually, I have deer sausage in my freezer.

DenverBrit
01-15-2010, 03:00 PM

The same guy who thought brains, stomach lining and testicles would make a nice snack.

broncoblue
01-15-2010, 03:00 PM
Fish & Chips, Bangers and Mash :welcome:

with gravy...bisto mmmmmmmmmmmmm

Archer81
01-15-2010, 03:01 PM
I've had deer sausage and duck...but that sounds disgusting!
Actually, I have deer sausage in my freezer.

Deer sausage is pretty good. And yes, blood sausage doesnt sound all that appetizing.

Archer81
01-15-2010, 03:02 PM
The same guy who thought brains, stomach lining and testicles would make a nice snack.

You know I have had rocky mountain oysters...that were flattened (ouch...poor cow) and deep fried. Not bad. But sweetbreads and cow/sheep stomach...no way.

Chris
01-15-2010, 03:14 PM
Guys this means more Broncos fans. It's a good thing.

The Joker
01-15-2010, 03:20 PM
I'll be making the short trip over.

Myself and Eddie Mac will have it sounding like the old Mile High.

Watch your house for Ireland!

worm
01-15-2010, 04:23 PM
Having grown up around the pubs of Glasgow and been to London multiple times I have never drank a warm beer and always drank bud, coors or tennants.

Tennants Super T!!! LOL!!

That explains SOOOO much about you Dagmar.

The only people I have ever seen drink that elephant tranquilizer are homeless drunks...staggering around London with a paper bag.....prolly all Scottish. That swill is >10%.

chrisp
01-15-2010, 04:24 PM
aaaaaaaaaahahahahahahaahahahahaha!!!!!!!

THIS ROCKS!!!!

There IS no debate, this is the most awesome news I've heard all year...so far....(we have a baby on the way so that might just shade it when it finally turns up...)

That is all

(oh, that and "yah boo sucks to you all you moaning yanks who don't like the NFL playing outside of the US!!" - sorry, just had to say that.....)

Hogan11
01-15-2010, 04:33 PM
with gravy...bisto mmmmmmmmmmmmm

Well, I like Elephant Castle Pubs here, so the real thing would be something I'd look forward to trying.

It's looking more and more like Sass & I will be making this trip.

Atwater His Ass
01-15-2010, 04:42 PM
Obligatory I hate the NFL playing regular season games out of country.

chrisp
01-15-2010, 04:45 PM
Obligatory I hate the NFL playing regular season games out of country.

Obligitory "stick it where the sun don't shine yank-boy I'm Haaappppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeee"

broncocalijohn
01-15-2010, 04:48 PM

porno?

broncoblue
01-15-2010, 05:06 PM
porno?

are you coming?
we love our broncos we do

broncocalijohn
01-15-2010, 05:15 PM
are you coming?
we love our broncos we do

It is "We love our Brrrroncoooooos, yes we do"

Sounds better if you have bologna hanging from your mouth.
I dont think i can make it with Halloween and probably money but if season ticket holders get a chance to get tickets, I will try to hook you up if you fail at getting them on your own. You better come out for the Arizona game. That looks like one for me to hit up since 49ers are now in your backyard and Seattle is now a home game. You guys across the pond should be wearing your jerseys today in celebration.

broncoblue
01-15-2010, 05:21 PM
you are leg pal....hold ya to tickets...az this time may one too far im slammed on overtime and living on credit card but if things pick up then im in again.

broncoblue
01-15-2010, 05:35 PM
stadium renamed,,,,,

WEMB......ELWAY

broncoblue
01-15-2010, 05:38 PM
Were all going to wembelway

Dagmar
01-15-2010, 05:42 PM
Are you a wee bit excited blue?

broncoblue
01-15-2010, 05:47 PM
massive...42 years old and feel like im 5.

Sassy
01-15-2010, 05:54 PM
Well, I like Elephant Castle Pubs here, so the real thing would be something I'd look forward to trying.

It's looking more and more like Sass & I will be making this trip.

:wiggle:

Sassy
01-15-2010, 06:09 PM
Hey Broncoblue! Nice! Sending out event invites already on FB! LOL!

Jens1893
01-15-2010, 06:11 PM
i want an invite also ...

LordHelmchen
01-16-2010, 01:44 AM

count me in :yayaya::yayaya::yayaya:

Baba Booey
01-16-2010, 01:46 AM
My buddy is a huge Niners fan so we're thinking of going.

Problem is I graduate college in the Spring and will most likely be half a responsible adult by Halloween.

broncoblue
01-16-2010, 03:01 AM
http://www.gbtp.co.uk/

anyone wants to add me ...facebook. shaun trencher
twitter broncoblue69

British Bronco
01-16-2010, 08:34 AM
Tickets will be no problem.... the game at Wembley last year didnt sell out til the week before. I put the request with NFLUK in for 4 tickets before I even knew we were playing, and they've sent me a code to get them on a presale on ticketmaster.

the question is, are we all going to try and go for tickets in the same section?

LordHelmchen
01-16-2010, 09:04 AM
That would be a great idea.

Meck77
01-16-2010, 09:06 AM
Ok UK Bronco fans. Time to find a POS VW bus and start working on it. We need some kinda orange mobile!

I'm considering this one. Sounds pretty fun!

Sassy
01-16-2010, 10:58 AM
OMane WEEK in London???

Jens1893
01-16-2010, 02:12 PM
OMane WEEK in London???

what dates are you looking at for your flights or how long do you want to stay?

broncoblue
01-16-2010, 02:23 PM
ok uk bronco fans. Time to find a pos vw bus and start working on it. We need some kinda orange mobile!

I'm considering this one. Sounds pretty fun!

be kool to see ya again pal

Miss I.
01-16-2010, 03:30 PM
Tickets will be no problem.... the game at Wembley last year didnt sell out til the week before. I put the request with NFLUK in for 4 tickets before I even knew we were playing, and they've sent me a code to get them on a presale on ticketmaster.

the question is, are we all going to try and go for tickets in the same section?

Thanks for the FYI, got to put in for tickets. It would be cool if we could get the same section. And I already told Sass on Facebook I would be willing to host a few of you, but only if you aren't crazy or serial killers.

And you nimrods who keep talking about warm beer? The beer is not warm, it's quite good actually, it just isn't icy like the Guinness I occasionally indulge in. But the best beer, ever in the entire universe is Belgium, and it's better when you get it in Belgium. I had some beer made my monks when I was in Leige, it made every other beer I had after that taste like pee (aka Bud or Coors). :-)

C130Herkload
01-16-2010, 03:31 PM
I am SO there ( if not deployed). COUNT ME IN!!!
Now how do I get tix....

broncoblue
01-16-2010, 03:38 PM
Thanks for the FYI, got to put in for tickets. It would be cool if we could get the same section. And I already told Sass on Facebook I would be willing to host a few of you, but only if you aren't crazy or serial killers.

And you nimrods who keep talking about warm beer? The beer is not warm, it's quite good actually, it just isn't icy like the Guinness I occasionally indulge in. But the best beer, ever in the entire universe is Belgium, and it's better when you get it in Belgium. I had some beer made my monks when I was in Leige, it made every other beer I had after that taste like pee (aka Bud or Coors). :-)

puts hand up ..room for me and the mrs lol? add me on fbook btw

Jens1893
01-16-2010, 03:38 PM

The EU ainīt so bad after all if even the Broncos are following you here, is it? ;)

broncoblue
01-16-2010, 03:40 PM
puts hand up ..room for me and the mrs lol? add me on fbook btw

ooops sorted lol

Miss I.
01-16-2010, 03:44 PM
The EU ainīt so bad after all if even the Broncos are following you here, is it? ;)

Indeed. ;D

Hogan11
01-16-2010, 03:46 PM

You do know that Sass & I are a package deal, right?

This nimrod requires Bud Light be in the fridge at all times Ha!

Miss I.
01-16-2010, 03:54 PM
You do know that Sass & I are a package deal, right?

This nimrod requires Bud Light be in the fridge at all times Ha!

Well, I think I can drink enough Belgium beer to pee in a bottle and that should do ya. ;D But yes if you must have Bud light it can be easily attained. a lot of places do have it on tap. Plus they were recently acquired by some foreign beer maker anyway so it's like whatever you get here might taste better than the stuff made in MO. ;D

Hogan11
01-16-2010, 03:57 PM
Well, I think I can drink enough Belgium beer to pee in a bottle and that should do ya. ;D

Hey..thought you said the beer wasn't warm over there Hilarious!

Miss I.
01-16-2010, 03:58 PM
Hey..thought you said the beer wasn't warm over there Hilarious!

It's been really, really cold over here...freakin snowing all the time so it might come out cold. :egbgb:

Headless Hessian Rider
01-16-2010, 05:55 PM
yes yes yes and yes
that's so pretty cool
gonna see my beloved broncos for the third time
'88 exhibition in Berlin
'98 Superbowl in Sandiego
and now i will make my trip to London in october
hell'ya..
unfortunatly they don't play in Germany( as this country/fan-culture deserved it more than England, but that's another sad story... --> NFL Europe)

Tailgate???
I'd like to Join:-) Where ? When? and How longaaaaaaaa????????

Miss I.
01-16-2010, 06:04 PM
some posting by a crazy British guy on the tailgate forum if that helps
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=88581 ;D I, for one, am indeed honored, that the Denver Broncos have elected to follow me over to England. That's really nice of them. I moved from Denver to London and the team followed, man talk about team loyalty. ;D

Meck77
01-16-2010, 06:59 PM
be kool to see ya again pal

I'll be there. Anything I can do to help let me know.

A group section sounds like a plan!

barters
01-17-2010, 07:43 AM
So excited about this one!

UK Bronco - when did you get that ticket e-mail from NFLUK? I registered my interest and haven't had a second e-mail back with the presale code?

Hogan11
01-17-2010, 10:17 AM
Ok, stupid question here but humor it.....will the Broncos/49ers have anything to do with the tickets for this one or are they all handled thru this NFLUK site?

Cito Pelon
01-17-2010, 10:43 AM

I'm happy for you. Hopefully, the Broncs are on a roll by Halloween.