PDA

View Full Version : Did everyone know Flacco's statline for Sunday's win over Patriots?

The MVPlaya
01-15-2010, 01:02 AM
I was not aware of it until now.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=300110017

4/10 34 yards 1 int 10.0 QB rating.

Pretty stunned.

broncocalijohn
01-15-2010, 01:07 AM
Just like the old Ravens. F! They are going to win the superbowl now. Dilfer the Second.

Doggcow
01-15-2010, 01:07 AM
Yeah, but the only way a team wins is if they have a superstar QB that can do everything.....

BigPlayShay
01-15-2010, 01:12 AM
I think that New England's 3 turnovers in their first 13 plays may have had something to do with Baltimore not needing to throw the ball at all.

Bronco LB52
01-15-2010, 01:16 AM
I think that New England's 3 turnovers in their first 13 plays may have had something to do with Baltimore not needing to throw the ball at all.

Yes! The manner in which Baltimore won is not a highly probable scenario.

Caveat Lector
01-15-2010, 01:30 AM
Yeah, but the only way a team wins is if they have a superstar QB that can do everything.....

To win a superbowl, that is invariably correct...

peacepipe
01-15-2010, 01:53 AM

kind of like the only rounds to draft franchise players are in the 5th -7th rounds....now that I think about it, you can find HOF type players in the ones that wern't drafted.

The MVPlaya
01-15-2010, 01:53 AM

Not talking about needing to throw it at all - but that is horrible nonetheless.

And 1 of those throws a 4 yard loss to McClain?

3 passes all game for positive yardage...

DBroncos4life
01-15-2010, 02:26 AM

Flacco had a OK year for his second year. There is a HUGE difference between Dilfer's season and Flacco's this year. I honestly wonder if anyone even remembers how bad Dilfer's stats were that year. Dilfer threw just 20 passes a game that year. He finished with 1,500 yards 12 Tds and 11 Ints. Flacco threw 31 times a game and finished with 3600 yards 21 Tds and 12 Ints.

Flacco might be a elite QB but he sure as hell isn't Trent Dilfer.

jhns
01-15-2010, 07:53 AM

They won the SB already? Dang, I was looking forward to this weekends games.

mr007
01-15-2010, 08:02 AM
I was not aware of it until now.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=300110017

4/10 34 yards 1 int 10.0 QB rating.

Pretty stunned.

He was also playing hurt. They had some pretty fortunate events that allowed them to control the clock and not have to throw the ball, which is great for them.

_Oro_
01-15-2010, 08:05 AM
Yeah they were pretty fortunate to run the ball up the middle for TD's. NE got a taste of what's its like to play a game when people can run up the middle on you.

TonyR
01-15-2010, 08:07 AM
And Sanchez only attempted 15 passes for the Jets compared to 41 rushing plays.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-15-2010, 08:13 AM
Flacco had a OK year for his second year. There is a HUGE difference between Dilfer's season and Flacco's this year. I honestly wonder if anyone even remembers how bad Dilfer's stats were that year. Dilfer threw just 20 passes a game that year. He finished with 1,500 yards 12 Tds and 11 Ints. Flacco threw 31 times a game and finished with 3600 yards 21 Tds and 12 Ints.

Uh, he also didn't start the entire season. In fact, didn't he only start 6 games or something?

Tony Banks was the starter for most of that season.

2KBack
01-15-2010, 08:16 AM

Trent Dilfer only started half the games that season, 8 games fewer thn Flacco.

Flacco was still better, but don't even try to pull season total stats

hades
01-15-2010, 08:50 AM
The only stat that matters is the points scored by the team.

WolfpackGuy
01-15-2010, 08:58 AM
He didn't have to do much with the Ravens running game and the Pats turning it over in their own end a few times.

He'll have to make some plays this week.

The Colts have been pretty good at beating the Ravens lately.

oubronco
01-15-2010, 09:05 AM

along with their running game and defense

Mr.Meanie
01-15-2010, 09:41 AM
You could have put any QB in the league on the Jets or the Ravens last week and they would have won. Great defense, great running game, periodic playaction = success.

broncocalijohn
01-15-2010, 02:01 PM
The only stat that matters is the points scored by the team.

not according to fantasy football players.

Popps
01-15-2010, 02:15 PM
Just more proof that you'd better be able to win playoff games in more than 1 way. If you've got to hang your hopes on a QB to throw for 400 yards every week, you're in big trouble.

jhns
01-15-2010, 02:26 PM
Just more proof that you'd better be able to win playoff games in more than 1 way. If you've got to hang your hopes on a QB to throw for 400 yards every week, you're in big trouble.

I'm sure all of us would love to have one of the best ever defenses and a great run game. I would take a SB however it comes. The thing is, those are even harder to get than a good QB. Also, none of the teams that won SBs like that were at all consistent over any period of time. The only teams to continually be deep in the playoffs all have very good QBs. I would rather be consistently good than good for a year or two. The best examples of consistent defensive teams that lacked very good QBs are all decades old.

PRBronco
01-15-2010, 02:28 PM

/waits for Charger troll to stop by with retarded response

Black96WS6
01-15-2010, 02:48 PM
/waits for Charger troll to stop by with retarded response

Did someone ring?

PRBronco
01-15-2010, 02:51 PM
Did someone ring?

How kind of you to drop by! I was hoping for "Philip Rivers says hi". But whatever works for you, follow your heart.

Black96WS6
01-15-2010, 02:55 PM
No problem! :thanku:

I agree with jhns though. I'd rather have a bunch of good chances/years in the playoffs. It seems like it took Baltimore forever to find a decent QB, and now they're back in it. Unfortunately Ed Reed and Ray Lewis are in their twilight years...

BigPlayShay
01-16-2010, 11:50 AM
Per Adam Schefter: http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter

PART I: Since he hurt his hip in regular-season finale at Oakland, Ravens QB Joe Flacco has been in more pain than people realize.

PART II: Flacco had to stand up on the whole flight from Oakland to Baltimore and was in too much pain to sit down.

PART III: Flacco had three inches of swelling in his right leg last week and some thought he wouldn't be able to play vs. Patriots.

PART IV: Flacco definitely improved for tonight's game in Indianapolis, but still is not close to fully recovered. But he's good to go.

Beantown Bronco
01-17-2010, 08:16 AM
Per Adam Schefter: http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter

PART I: Since he hurt his hip in regular-season finale at Oakland, Ravens QB Joe Flacco has been in more pain than people realize.

PART II: Flacco had to stand up on the whole flight from Oakland to Baltimore and was in too much pain to sit down.

PART III: Flacco had three inches of swelling in his right leg last week and some thought he wouldn't be able to play vs. Patriots.

PART IV: Flacco definitely improved for tonight's game in Indianapolis, but still is not close to fully recovered. But he's good to go.

I was waiting for an explanation/excuse/whatever. He REALLY crapped the bed this post season.

barryr
01-17-2010, 11:18 AM
But still some believe the Broncos need a "franchise" QB to win anything.

Hamrob
01-17-2010, 11:29 AM
But still some believe the Broncos need a "franchise" QB to win anything.How'd the Ravens do against the franchise QB in Peyton Manning?

What QB's do you think will be playing in the SuperBowl?

TonyR
01-17-2010, 11:50 AM

Well, we do know for sure that Jay Cutler won't be one of them.

Popps
01-17-2010, 11:52 AM

But dude, all you have to do is go out and get a Peyton Manning. I mean, duh! How easy!

HAT
01-17-2010, 01:02 PM

First ballot hall of fame ones. Do you know where Denver can find one of those?

Broncos4tw
01-17-2010, 02:00 PM
As I said before, the ones to the final game are typically franchise QBs, or teams with VERY good defenses.

What QBs are left? Well, after the Chargers beat up on the Jets, it will be Favre, Manning, Brees and Rivers. Franchise QBs all.

Until we improve that position, we have little chance of getting to the same spot. As I watched Flacco throw some very poor passes, it was clear that against the teams who are solid all around, a mediocre QB will never get the job done.

Rabb
01-17-2010, 02:07 PM

1998 :~ohyah!:

http://lonewolflibrarian.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/wayback.jpg

Rabb
01-17-2010, 02:08 PM
As I said before, the ones to the final game are typically franchise QBs, or teams with VERY good defenses.

What QBs are left? Well, after the Chargers beat up on the Jets, it will be Favre, Manning, Brees and Rivers. Franchise QBs all.

Until we improve that position, we have little chance of getting to the same spot. As I watched Flacco throw some very poor passes, it was clear that against the teams who are solid all around, a mediocre QB will never get the job done.

I agreed until that part

Flacco is not mediocre...not a star yet but has a hell of a future

that kid had no business playing as hurt as he was

bronco militia
01-17-2010, 02:32 PM

you develope them, not trade them away

TonyR
01-17-2010, 02:33 PM
you develope them, not trade them away

When did Denver trade away a HOF caliber QB?

bronco militia
01-17-2010, 02:35 PM
When did Denver trade away a HOF caliber QB?

I don't agree that the book is closed on Jay Cutler

Broncos4tw
01-17-2010, 02:52 PM
I agreed until that part

Flacco is not mediocre...not a star yet but has a hell of a future

that kid had no business playing as hurt as he was

I realize he is good, but he was hurt, and playing poorly. But my point is that the better QB *usually* wins. When two teams are closely matches, that's the difference maker usually. Who makes bigger plays. Converts crucial 3rd downs. Rushes for a crucial fourth down play. Can change the play because they see what the defense is going to do. You know.. the things franchise QBs do.

HAT
01-17-2010, 02:53 PM
I don't agree that the book is closed on Jay Cutler

But it is on Orton right?

As I showed in another thread...Cutler had an almost identical year with the Bears that Orton did last year. Orton had an almost identical year with the Broncos that Cutler did last year.

They are interchangeable.

I agree Denver needs to develop a QBOTF though. I just hope they don't reach on any of these clowns coming out this year. Pac-10 studs are coming down the road over the next few years.

bronco militia
01-17-2010, 03:21 PM
But it is on Orton right?

for me, yes. what we saw in chicago is what we got here in denver

NYBronco
01-17-2010, 04:35 PM

Yea and its sad to waste all that arm strength sitting on a couch watching the others battle through the playoffs.

Atwater His Ass
01-17-2010, 04:54 PM
They are interchangeable.

Oh lawl, thanks for the daily laugh from the mane.

enjolras
01-17-2010, 05:54 PM
To win a superbowl, that is invariably correct...

Ben Rothlesberger says what.

HAT
01-17-2010, 06:01 PM

Sanchez will be happy to hear he is now considered a 'franchise QB'.

And to think....Less than a year ago Pete Carrol said he wasn't even NFL ready. Hilarious!

HAT
01-17-2010, 06:02 PM
Oh lawl, thanks for the daily laugh from the mane.

The on field results of both QB's in each others systems back me up on this.

jhns
01-18-2010, 08:00 AM
But dude, all you have to do is go out and get a Peyton Manning. I mean, duh! How easy!

I'm sure the best way to find a top QB is to not bring any new QBs in and stay with a crap one. I bet that will allow the next Manning to fall in our laps...

So who wants to do this QB argument now? Have you all looked at the remaining teams? You are really going to argue a top QB in todays NFL isn't very important? Do Bronco fans just have to play dumb while they have a dumbass front office or what?

Beantown Bronco
01-18-2010, 08:07 AM
for me, yes. what we saw in chicago is what we got here in denver

And what we saw out of Cutler in Denver is what Bears fans are now getting in Chicago. So what's your point, other than pointing out the irony?