PDA

View Full Version : I wish the Ravens were playing the Chuggers

broncofan2438
01-12-2010, 12:24 PM
Jets are going to get tossed around

go

bpc
01-12-2010, 12:25 PM
Jets have knocked off the Bolts before in SD. Norv will choke again.

PRBronco
01-12-2010, 12:26 PM
I'm looking forward to this game, I want to see how my "the Chargers can't stop the run, or run the ball" theory plays out. I wish Kris Jenkins was healthy for them though.

missingnumber7
01-12-2010, 12:27 PM
Jets are on a roll...They looked really good last 2 weeks and who knows what the Chuggers are gonna look like after a week off.

kamakazi_kal
01-12-2010, 12:28 PM
I wish we didn't suck and were playing the chuggers.

boltaneer
01-12-2010, 01:16 PM
Jets have knocked off the Bolts before in SD. Norv will choke again.

Last year, every bounce went the Steelers way (literally) but Pittsburgh was the better team.

2007 was against the 18-0 Patriots in Foxborough (where the Patriots were undefeated in the playoffs until this weekend), without LT and their star QB and TE both playing on one leg and they still almost pulled off the upset.

The Chargers were significant underdogs in both of those games. So where is this (Norv) choke you speak of?

boltaneer
01-12-2010, 01:17 PM
I'm looking forward to this game, I want to see how my "the Chargers can't stop the run, or run the ball" theory plays out. I wish Kris Jenkins was healthy for them though.

Jamal Williams says hello!

bpc
01-12-2010, 01:24 PM
Last year, every bounce went the Steelers way (literally) but Pittsburgh was the better team.

2007 was against the 18-0 Patriots in Foxborough (where the Patriots were undefeated in the playoffs until this weekend), without LT and their star QB and TE both playing on one leg and they still almost pulled off the upset.

The Chargers were significant underdogs in both of those games. So where is this (Norv) choke you speak of?

Blah blah blah. Can you say there was a better team over the past five years, that has won nothing? You either win, or you don't. SD is one of the most unclutch teams i've ever seen.

This year will be more of the same. SD sucks. Irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. So much so, there's still talk of moving your franchise, and you can't sellout games despite the teams on-field success.

Pathetic.

Go Jets. The week after that, if you survive the choke, go Colts or Ravens.

gyldenlove
01-12-2010, 01:30 PM

go

It is a good thing saladtossing is nothing new to the good people of San Diego....

bowtown
01-12-2010, 01:48 PM
I think the Jets D matches up better with SDs passing offense than Baltimore's. I'm looking for Revis to score 35 on Rivers.

broncocalijohn
01-12-2010, 01:50 PM
I wish Ravens were playing the Chuggers

go

Why? You and your friends are Ravens fans. :yayaya:

Ambiguous
01-12-2010, 01:52 PM
J E T S Jets Jets Jets!

I'm a big fan.

PRBronco
01-12-2010, 02:05 PM
Jamal Williams says hello!

Lol, you're missing the part where I want the Chargers to get destroyed.

Hogan11
01-12-2010, 02:06 PM
Go Jets, the sooner Rivers is out, the bettah

Rohirrim
01-12-2010, 02:10 PM
Revis shut down #85. He'll shut down whoever they put him on against the Chargers (Jackson? Gates?) The Jets have the #1 pass D and the #1 rush offense. I expect them to win.

Chris
01-12-2010, 02:13 PM
Actually the jets match up very well against the chargers.

NY's strong rush O vs SD's weak rush D
NY's strong pass D vs SD's strong pass O

PRBronco
01-12-2010, 02:15 PM
Actually the jets match up very well against the chargers.

NY's strong rush O vs SD's weak rush D
NY's strong pass D vs SD's strong pass O

Sounds like LT's gonna get to watch a great game from the bench! I hope he can get his hands on some red gatorade. Nothing fuels pouting like red flavour.

richpjr
01-12-2010, 02:24 PM
You guys are letting your dislike of the Chargers and Rivers cloud your thinking. There is a reason why the Chargers are the biggest favorite this week. I think the Chargers cover the 7 1/2 point spread.

Black96WS6
01-12-2010, 02:30 PM
Jets are on a roll...They looked really good last 2 weeks and who knows what the Chuggers are gonna look like after a week off.

Titans were on a roll too, with the best running back in the league, playing at home....

We all know how that turned out ;)

bpc
01-12-2010, 02:32 PM
Charger fans can't be smug in the playoffs, if ever. You guys have probably had the most talented team in the league over the past 7 or 8 years, yet you've failed in the playoffs, time and again. EPIC failures.

2009-2010 will be more of the same.

PRBronco
01-12-2010, 02:37 PM
Titans were on a roll too, with the best running back in the league, playing at home....

We all know how that turned out ;)

Wait I thought you were a Raiders fan? Man I can't keep track of all the trolls around here any more ffs. How bout you assholes pitch in for the server? Where else can AFC west trolls gather to harrass Broncos fans without fear of moderator intervention?

cousinal11
01-12-2010, 02:40 PM
I hate both of these teams. Ugh.

400HZ
01-12-2010, 02:45 PM
Blah blah blah. Can you say there was a better team over the past five years, that has won nothing? You either win, or you don't. SD is one of the most unclutch teams i've ever seen.

This year will be more of the same. SD sucks. Irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. So much so, there's still talk of moving your franchise, and you can't sellout games despite the teams on-field success.

Pathetic.

I don't know. The Broncos pretty much re-wrote the unclutch behavior book the last few years.

Black96WS6
01-12-2010, 02:46 PM
I think the only chance the Jets have is to get some turnovers or special teams TDs like they did at Indy and then run run run the ball and keep that TOP high in their favor to keep the Chargers' offense off the field.

That being said, Indy still put some pts on that vaunted # 1 defense before they pulled their starters...and I think our offense is better than Indy's...so...

Do I think the Jets have a chance? Of course, good D and a running game.

Do I think they'll win? No.

WolfpackGuy
01-12-2010, 02:47 PM
Where's that flamin ass LT video?

I can tell he spent his bye week wisely.

Mr. Elway
01-12-2010, 02:53 PM
Chuggers win. Which pisses me off.

richpjr
01-12-2010, 02:54 PM
Where's that flamin ass LT video?

I can tell he spent his bye week wisely.

That was one of the worst videos I have ever seen (but it was also shot in 2007, not this week).

chadta
01-12-2010, 03:23 PM
I think our offense is better than Indy's...so..

LOL Hilarious! Ha! LOL Hilarious! Ha! LOL Hilarious! Ha! LOL

Black96WS6
01-12-2010, 03:33 PM
LOL Hilarious! Ha! LOL Hilarious! Ha! LOL Hilarious! Ha! LOL

What's funny? The fact that Rivers average pts per game is the highest in NFL history?

Or that the Chargers average 28.4 pts a game, good for 4th best in the league, compared to the Colts' 26.0 pts a game, good for 7th best?

Look it up yourself...

PTS
(4th)
YDS
(10th)
PASS YDS
(5th)
RUSH YDS
(31st)
(league rank)

boltaneer
01-12-2010, 04:03 PM
Wow. I don't know why the Chargers are even going to show up this week. They obviously have no chance to win this game. ::)

bpc
01-12-2010, 04:11 PM
I don't know. The Broncos pretty much re-wrote the unclutch behavior book the last few years.

This is true, however, whenever we feel bad, we can always look back at those Lombardi's and feel a lot better about ourselves... well that and the fact that we actually have a city to call our own, who cares and wants a franchise here.

boltaneer
01-12-2010, 04:13 PM
Uh oh. City smack! Waiting for the 'your mama' insults next.

boltaneer
01-12-2010, 04:20 PM

Pathetic.

You can't even get your facts straight. Your point was to rip Norv and now you're talking about five years ago.

If you want to talk about choking, we all know about Marty's post-season choking abilities all the way back to the late eighties.

2004 against the Jets was a CHOKE. 2006 against the Patriots was a GIGANTIC CHOKE. I still like ya Marty but you blew it twice.

2007 was just bad luck and a lot of it. 2008, a little bit of bad luck but realistically, that team just wasn't playing well that year, largely due to the defense and the switching of DCs in mid-season.

Maybe this team just is just perennially snake bit and is just not meant to win the big one. Or maybe this is finally the year. Everything is lining up well for them this season so IMO Charger fans are justified in being optimistic right now.

The Joker
01-12-2010, 04:25 PM
It has the potential to be an interesting game. I would expect the Chargers to win, but if they get off to any sort of slow start then it might be interesting.

Jets should move the ball pretty well on the ground, and their defense can just flat out play. Revis vs Jackson should be a great battle.

At the end of the day though, I expect SD's offense to put up 20+ points and to keep up the Jets will need Sanchez to make some plays if they're to win the game. And I don't think he'll make those plays, and San Diego pulls away in the 4th quarter after a pretty close game for the first 3.

NFLBRONCO
01-12-2010, 04:31 PM
It has the potential to be an interesting game. I would expect the Chargers to win, but if they get off to any sort of slow start then it might be interesting.

Jets should move the ball pretty well on the ground, and their defense can just flat out play. Revis vs Jackson should be a great battle.

At the end of the day though, I expect SD's offense to put up 20+ points and to keep up the Jets will need Sanchez to make some plays if they're to win the game. And I don't think he'll make those plays, and San Diego pulls away in the 4th quarter after a pretty close game for the first 3.

SD in a blowout vs Jets
SD will beat Indy by 10
SD is in SB

boltaneer
01-12-2010, 04:33 PM

Hey look, someone who actually wants to talk football. :)

Good take. I'll add that the key for San Diego is to start fast and get up a couple of touchdowns and force the Jets to become more one dimensional just like they've done to the other good rushing teams they've faced this season. Though, I don't think they'll completely abandon the run because it's pretty much all they can do.

If the Chargers struggle offensively early, and the Jets either keep the game close or jump out to a lead then I'm going to be real worried.

Bronco Yoda
01-12-2010, 04:40 PM
Go J E T S !!!!!!!!!

The Joker
01-12-2010, 04:48 PM
Hey look, someone who actually wants to talk football. :)

Good take. I'll add that the key for San Diego is to start fast and get up a couple of touchdowns and force the Jets to become more one dimensional just like they've done to the other good rushing teams they've faced this season. Though, I don't think they'll completely abandon the run because it's pretty much all they can do.

If the Chargers struggle offensively early, and the Jets either keep the game close or jump out to a lead then I'm going to be real worried.

I don't know if you can really be overly aggressive early on in this one. By all means try and score points, but don't be afraid to play a bit of field position early on and try and run the ball and wear down that Jets front 7.

San Diego absolutely has to make sure they keep trying to run the ball even if, as I suspect may be the case, they aren't getting much more than a couple of yards a carry when they do.

Rivers is good, but if you let Ryan start calling elaborate blitzes without having to worry about the running game then even he will find it tough against that kind of defense if you ask him to just keep dropping back and doing it himself.

boltaneer
01-12-2010, 05:10 PM
I don't know if you can really be overly aggressive early on in this one. By all means try and score points, but don't be afraid to play a bit of field position early on and try and run the ball and wear down that Jets front 7.

San Diego absolutely has to make sure they keep trying to run the ball even if, as I suspect may be the case, they aren't getting much more than a couple of yards a carry when they do.

Rivers is good, but if you let Ryan start calling elaborate blitzes without having to worry about the running game then even he will find it tough against that kind of defense if you ask him to just keep dropping back and doing it himself.

I'm actually not so worried about the Jets blitzes. Rivers is #1 this year against the blitz:

CMP ATT YDS CMP% YPA LNG TD INT SACK RAT

92 163 1440 56.4 8.83 66 13 3 11.0 104.8

And I heard on Sirius the other day that the Jets blitz something like 79% of the time on 3rd down. Not sure about their blitz percentages on the other downs but 3rd down is the money down.

I'm curious as to how Rex will play Rivers this game. Is he going to live and die by the blitz against the #1 QB against the blitz? I think he'd be smarter to play coverage.

But your point about sticking to the run is correct. Norv has done it all year despite the poor output. I see no reason he'll change this game.

Chris
01-12-2010, 05:12 PM
The Jets blitz consistently but you never know who's blitzing ;)

Black96WS6
01-12-2010, 05:18 PM
I'm actually not so worried about the Jets blitzes. Rivers is #1 this year against the blitz:

CMP ATT YDS CMP% YPA LNG TD INT SACK RAT

92 163 1440 56.4 8.83 66 13 3 11.0 104.8

And I heard on Sirius the other day that the Jets blitz something like 79% of the time on 3rd down. Not sure about their blitz percentages on the other downs but 3rd down is the money down.

I'm curious as to how Rex will play Rivers this game. Is he going to live and die by the blitz against the #1 QB against the blitz? I think he'd be smarter to play coverage.

But your point about sticking to the run is correct. Norv has done it all year despite the poor output. I see no reason he'll change this game.

Rex is kind of a smug A-hole so I doubt he'll change. He'll live and die with his blitz packages. Another reason I hope SD wins, Ryan seems like a jerk.

Funny though, the last time Rivers faced Rex's defense (11/25/07), he beat the hell out of the Ravens 32 - 14. I wonder if Rex remembers that? Probably not...:

http://www.covers.com/pageLoader/pageLoader.aspx?page=/data/nfl/results/2007-2008/boxscore23591.html&t=0

Passing
CP/ATT YDS TD INT
Philip Rivers 25/35 249 3 0

boltaneer
01-12-2010, 05:35 PM
Rex is kind of a smug A-hole so I doubt he'll change. He'll live and die with his blitz packages. Another reason I hope SD wins, Ryan seems like a jerk.

Funny though, the last time Rivers faced Rex's defense (11/25/07), he beat the hell out of the Ravens 32 - 14. I wonder if Rex remembers that? Probably not...:

http://www.covers.com/pageLoader/pageLoader.aspx?page=/data/nfl/results/2007-2008/boxscore23591.html&t=0

Passing
CP/ATT YDS TD INT
Philip Rivers 25/35 249 3 0

Historically, Rivers has been pretty good against blitzes.

Not saying that you shouldn't blitz him, of course. But you don't blitz him just for the sake of blitzing. You have to really pick the right spots to do it.

azbroncfan
01-12-2010, 06:09 PM
The Jets OL and DL have big advantages. I don't see a guaranteed blowout. Now I think the Jets will have to play well and not turn the ball over but I could see and physical game going the Jets way.

Rohirrim
01-12-2010, 06:26 PM
If the Jets score first, Sandy Eggo is in trouble.

SoDak Bronco
01-12-2010, 06:56 PM
i am 1 of 20 guys going after 18K in a survivor pick em pool. I am looking long and hard at this game, I need to pick one of the weekend games and take a winner(spread doesn't manner). Who do you guys like and why? Last week was really tricky, I went with Dallas, and you can take the same team more then once..