PDA

View Full Version : my sister and I are officially in the colorado symphony orchesta choir!

Boobs McGee
01-12-2010, 09:09 AM
TRied out last night... she's going to be singing alto 1, I'll be a baritone 1... if anybody likes the symphony, pm me and I'll see what I can do about tix!

I think the Brahms requiem is up first, there's gonna be a Beatles tribute later.

THis is gonna be a pretty amazing experience I think!!

WHoopty whoop

Tombstone RJ
01-12-2010, 09:10 AM
just don't drink and sing... some posters here really, really don't understand when people do this....

boppool
01-12-2010, 09:14 AM
Congrats, Bronconia. I sang at All-State choir in highschool, but not much since.
Would love to get some tix for me and my mrs, if you've got 'em layin around.. ;)
Good luck and enjoy!

Boobs McGee
01-12-2010, 09:27 AM
Lol tombstone, I'll leave the flask at home Haha

Boppol, I'll hit you up when I find out more, what year did you do all state?

worm
01-12-2010, 09:36 AM
Congrats. Its not American Idol....but at least you will have your self respect!

Just heard some Brahms as an opening for Beethoven Ninth at the Seattle Symphony around New Years. Brahms ALWAYS puts me to sleep.

Boobs McGee
01-12-2010, 09:40 AM
HAha true, American idol can suck it ;)

broncofan7
01-12-2010, 09:51 AM
Congrats!...............I think...........

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-12-2010, 10:00 AM
Congratulations man! That's really awesome.

I was in Colorado Children's Chorale back in the day. Good times, and lots of fun.

Chris
01-12-2010, 10:04 AM
Well done.

ColoradoDarin
01-12-2010, 10:11 AM
Congrats!

Boobs McGee
01-12-2010, 10:30 AM
Thanks everybody! I don't really know the age of most of the singers, but I'm HOPING my chesty, broncos loving future wife might be in there somewhere... we'll see

Blueflame
01-12-2010, 02:02 PM
Congrats, Bronconia... my daughter (soprano 1) sings in a local community choir too... (she's almost always a featured soloist... yep, just a bit proud of her... :) ).

Crushaholic
01-12-2010, 02:32 PM
just don't drink and sing... some posters here really, really don't understand when people do this....

...at least through construction zones...:thumbsup:

Boobs McGee
01-12-2010, 03:29 PM
Congrats, Bronconia... my daughter (soprano 1) sings in a local community choir too... (she's almost always a featured soloist... yep, just a bit proud of her... :) ).

congrats to your daughter! What choir is she in? Alpine choral by chance?

broncocalijohn
01-12-2010, 03:31 PM
HOMO!
Do they know your past of careless driving yet?

Meck77
01-12-2010, 03:31 PM
Congrats dude. Now go get yourself an RTD pass!;D

Blueflame
01-12-2010, 03:34 PM
congrats to your daughter! What choir is she in? Alpine choral by chance?

Thanks! We're in northeastern Washington state, so the choir she's in is just a small one. It's called the Dalkena Community Choir and they do an Easter and a Christmas Cantata each year, with 5 or 6 performances of each Cantata at different churches in the area. For a smaller choir, they really do achieve an amazing sound.

Boobs McGee
01-12-2010, 03:43 PM
HOMO!
Do they know your past of careless driving yet?

(lisping) stop it, they have no idea!

First practice is tonight, gotta make sure I avoid the construction zones (as crush pointed out) lol

Boobs McGee
01-12-2010, 03:44 PM
Congrats dude. Now go get yourself an RTD pass!;D

haha done and done ;D

Boobs McGee
01-12-2010, 03:45 PM
Thanks! We're in northeastern Washington state, so the choir she's in is just a small one. It's called the Dalkena Community Choir and they do an Easter and a Christmas Cantata each year, with 5 or 6 performances of each Cantata at different churches in the area. For a smaller choir, they really do achieve an amazing sound.

That's great blue! I love the sound of smaller choirs, they have more continuity, and alot of times you can REALLY hear some incredible stuff...kudos again to your kiddo

cutthemdown
01-12-2010, 03:51 PM
Very cool, congratulations.

Blueflame
01-12-2010, 03:53 PM
That's great blue! I love the sound of smaller choirs, they have more continuity, and alot of times you can REALLY hear some incredible stuff...kudos again to your kiddo

The choir director does a lot with the singers available too... he does a very good job. As for my daughter, she's fortunate enough (blessed) to have been born with perfect pitch (as long as she can hear herself singing, she's always on-key). 'Nuff "proud mom bragging" though... good luck to you and your sister. The choir experience is gonna be a lot of fun for both of you. :yayaya:

broncosteven
01-12-2010, 06:07 PM
TRied out last night... she's going to be singing alto 1, I'll be a baritone 1... if anybody likes the symphony, pm me and I'll see what I can do about tix!

I think the Brahms requiem is up first, there's gonna be a Beatles tribute later.

THis is gonna be a pretty amazing experience I think!!

WHoopty whoop

So do you know German or do you sing phoneticly?

I had to take voice lessons for a semester for music, I prefer playing an instrument than singing old Italian songs. I still remember the piece I had to study was "Caro mio bin" or something. The only thing I accomplished was turning the voice teacher on to Desperado by the Eagles. He thought all pop singers were hacks until I convinced him I could do better studying that than some Italian stuff that I could not master in the time allotted.

oubronco
01-12-2010, 07:17 PM
Congratulations

Good for you

Boobs McGee
01-12-2010, 09:56 PM
So do you know German or do you sing phoneticly?

I had to take voice lessons for a semester for music, I prefer playing an instrument than singing old Italian songs. I still remember the piece I had to study was "Caro mio bin" or something. The only thing I accomplished was turning the voice teacher on to Desperado by the Eagles. He thought all pop singers were hacks until I convinced him I could do better studying that than some Italian stuff that I could not master in the time allotted.

It's going to be a phonetic endeavor. I've definitely sung german before, but after getting done with practice tonight, came to the realization that this piece is INTENSE! Got all of the pronunciations and translations on paper tonight though, so I'll be a german studying fool for the next 5 weeks. I might have to buy Rosetta stone haha.

The most exciting aspect of this group though, is that everyone in there WANTS to be perfect. That 2 hours flew by...there wasn't any fooling around, just running through movements, tackling pronunciation, hammering home time and key changes...it's nice finally being around a group of people that takes this stuff seriously. It's gonna be great!

LOL @ you educating your voice teacher, good on ya... a lot of those folks can be pretty closed minded. on the other hand, a lot of them have had to sit through countless hours of untalented rejects who's parents want them to be the next eddie mercury. I'd probly think all pop singers were hacks too after that **** haha ;D