PDA

View Full Version : Atlas... Tell me this isn't you.

Pages : [1] 2

TheDave
01-11-2010, 11:26 PM
Was checking out the reaction to the bobby turner news and ran into a familiar name... Please tell me this isn't him.

Or is this possibly some form of Travishamockery?

http://extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=315199

tsiguy96
01-11-2010, 11:33 PM
it HAS to be

I have been a Broncos fan since 1977 but no more. I have almost every Broncos' win on DVD since 1983, I have quite a few Redskins games as well. but as long as McD is ****ing things up I'm over here. Which works out great because I hate Philly, Dallas and the Giants!!

Dagmar
01-11-2010, 11:35 PM
Good riddance.

azbroncfan
01-11-2010, 11:36 PM
He hates MCD I know.

Kaylore
01-11-2010, 11:37 PM
That looks like him. He is even posting from Texas. He gave up his fandom for the coach. I think any person that stops supporting a team because of a particular coach or player isn't a real fan and never was. Somewhere in Atlas' fandom he stopped being a Bronco fan and became a Shanahan fan. Lord help if Shanny hires on Slowick. Even if it's as just a DB coach, Slowick will undermine the head coach until he's turned the team against him and Shanny fires him. Then he'll lead their defense to mediocrity.

TheDave
01-11-2010, 11:39 PM
Damn I was hoping one of you would tell me this wasn't him... I liked his post's

That and the occasional Kayla Cole pic ;D

tsiguy96
01-11-2010, 11:42 PM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=67101&highlight=1977

atlas loved his recorded DVDs and VHS:
<!-- END TEMPLATE: bbcode_quote -->I have the 1983 51-7 beatdown the Redskins put on the Rams in the playoffs on DVD. I can use that to learn what I need about the HOGS!!!

and at one point, he actually said this on that forum:

Shanhan was very close to rebuilding the Broncos. The offense was set all they needed was experience. Now McDoofus has almost totally dismantled the offense and the defense.

yea, wasnt that the point of a new coach?

bpc
01-11-2010, 11:45 PM
That looks like him. He is even posting from Texas. He gave up his fandom for the coach. I think any person that stops supporting a team because of a particular coach or player isn't a real fan and never was. Somewhere in Atlas' fandom he stopped being a Bronco fan and became a Shanahan fan. Lord help if Shanny hires on Slowick. Even if it's as just a DB coach, Slowick will undermine the head coach until he's turned the team against him and Shanny fires him. Then he'll lead their defense to mediocrity.

That's bull**** and you know it. Shanahan gave him a chance. He sucked at DC but he actuallly did quite well as DB coach. Champ had his best seasons as a pro when Slowik was coaching him.

I personally don't like Slowik as a defensive coach but even i'm unbiased enough to say that about him. THis is just more agenda bull****.

jhat01
01-11-2010, 11:53 PM
How the **** do you change your favorite team? Be pissed sure, I can see that...Bitch and moan, I get that too...I like what the Broncos are doing, but I get why others don't...But you can't just stop rooting for your team. It's not like the dude is 14 years old or something...

bpc
01-12-2010, 12:00 AM
It's pretty insane. The last 13 months have been pretty crazy though. I mean, Denver has easily been the lauging stock of the league three or four different times in just a year. Between the stupid Culter situation last year, ripping apart the youngest top 5 offense in the league last season, to the way we handled our draft, to Brandon Marshall, and then becoming only the 3rd team since the AFL/NFL merger to start 6-0 and miss the playoffs... that's all stuff that breaks people down. Even the Raiders, Lions, and Chief fans are laughing at us and you know it's bad when that's happening.

It's been a rough year and all we can hope is better things are ahead and we're not starting over again in two seasons.

tsiguy96
01-12-2010, 12:08 AM
It's pretty insane. The last 13 months have been pretty crazy though. I mean, Denver has easily been the lauging stock of the league three or four different times in just a year. Between the stupid Culter situation last year, ripping apart the youngest top 5 offense in the league last season, to the way we handled our draft, to Brandon Marshall, and then becoming only the 3rd team since the AFL/NFL merger to start 6-0 and miss the playoffs... that's all stuff that breaks people down. Even the Raiders, Lions, and Chief fans are laughing at us and you know it's bad when that's happening.

It's been a rough year and all we can hope is better things are ahead and we're not starting over again in two seasons.

you are delusional. laughing stocks of the league dont go 8-8. the raiders lions and chiefs would KILL to have our success teh last 5 years. absolute idiocy and you are just getting worse and worse.

bpc
01-12-2010, 12:22 AM
You dumbass, who do you think feels worse going into this offseason? Denver, losers of 8 of their last 10, to completely blow their chance at a playoff spot with a week to go, or the Chiefs and Raiders who managed to notch win's against us in the process, at our house?

Their wins against us were the super bowls of their season.

Damn, are you really this dumb?

The MVPlaya
01-12-2010, 12:24 AM
You dumbass, who do you think feels worse going into this offseason? Denver, losers of 8 of their last 10, to completely blow their chance at a playoff spot with a week to go, or the Chiefs and Raiders who managed to notch win's against us in the process, at our house?

That's the whole point. Wins against US are THEIR super bowls meaning they KNOW whose boss. Get that **** outta here with who feels better going into the off-season. When training camp gets around, it's back at 0 for every team.

You sound like a b1tch talking about whose feeling better.

We are still the 2nd best team in the division.

bpc
01-12-2010, 12:37 AM
Last time I checked, I think both Charles and Bush had career days against us and their combined rushing total in those two games was over 500 yds against us... to 4-12, 5-11 teams!

That isn't beating us on our field... that's rolling into our house, taking a dump in our toilet, patting our wife on the ass, as she fetches that person a beer, while chillin in our lazy boy... among other things i'll leave to the imagination.

The only games the Raiders and Chiefs remember are the one's where they physically manhandled us like little boys and the best our coach brought to the table was Kyle Orton and the bubble attack.

Damn, you guys need to catch a clue. The film this year SUCKED. Our defense looked good for about 2/3's of the season. The offense NEVER really looked good. The coach still doesn't know how to look players in the eye and treat them like men. I bet he texts or emails them to reprimand them.

Pathetic. We better clean our **** up this offseason or we're gonna get embarassed next year.

The MVPlaya
01-12-2010, 12:41 AM
Did we not roll into Arrowhead where we could NEVER EVER EVER win? Where Shanny found it IMPOSSIBLE to win? Where Broncos were destined to be doomed because we were in arrowhead? What happened there?

I notice people here like to talk about the bad things but never the good. No one retaliates to chiefs fans with their ass whoopin on us with what we did to them in their house, which was WORSE.

You guys are pathetic.

We do need to fix **** up - no one is saying we don't.

Coach doesn't know how to look players in the eye and treat them like men? You bet he sends emails or texts?

lol - off of what basis is this? When you randomly see him on camera? Cuz it obviously can't be during the week/practice/film study/full game/etc.

WABronco
01-12-2010, 12:45 AM
Poor dbags...gettin' so torn up over this stuff.

Ya I felt it when Shanny was hired recently. Sucked. Want to know what sucked more? Losing to the ****ing fade at home, again.

You're a queer, atlas.

Blueflame
01-12-2010, 12:51 AM
That's the whole point. Wins against US are THEIR super bowls meaning they KNOW whose boss. Get that **** outta here with who feels better going into the off-season. When training camp gets around, it's back at 0 for every team.

Know what? In our very worst season since the SB years (the injury-riddled... 6-10... 1999 Broncos)... I still took a significant amount of comfort/satisfaction in the fact that two of our 6 wins came against the Raiders.

Taco John
01-12-2010, 12:52 AM
That's the whole point. Wins against US are THEIR super bowls meaning they KNOW whose boss.

Dude. Seriously. You really believe that? That they KNOW whose boss?

That's a pretty naive thing to believe. You apparently don't read their forums. What they think they "KNOW" is that we're on the decline, while they are on the incline, and that this next year we'll be bottom feeders in the division. I think they're dreaming. I HOPE they're dreaming. But after losing 8 of 10 games, including one to the Raiders and one to the Chiefs at home who the hell knows.

I just know we need to start winning so that we can cash the checks that are being written with Josh McDaniel's mouth. That whole bit where he was talking trash to Charger's players and then proceeds to get his ass handed to him was one of the most embarassing things I've seen in coaching - not to mention the Jamarcus Russell 13 plays from the shotgun to steal one on our own field.

Sad to see Atlas part company. I don't care what anybody says about him. He's a good guy who was a good fan. If you needed to see a Broncos game, the guy had it.

This kind of stuff makes me sad because I didn't anticipate it. I knew that this last season would send some of our own users scattering across the Internet to find greener message board pastures, and said as much early last year. Some of them found them. Some of them found their way back home realizing that it's not too rosy anywhere in Broncos land. I didn't expect to see fans completely leave the team. I've gotten a couple PMs from lurkers saying that they were finding different teams (one was following to Chicago, one was adopting the local Cardinals).

I think these folks are making a mistake. But then, there seems to be a lot of that going around. I know I've made my fair share of them since "The Divorce."

Popps
01-12-2010, 12:56 AM
I wish more pseudo-fans would follow his lead. That's great. Clean this place up.

Kaylore
01-12-2010, 01:00 AM
That's bull**** and you know it. Shanahan gave him a chance. He sucked at DC but he actuallly did quite well as DB coach. Champ had his best seasons as a pro when Slowik was coaching him.

I personally don't like Slowik as a defensive coach but even i'm unbiased enough to say that about him. THis is just more agenda bull****.

As soon as Slowick got here he started turning the players against Coyer. And as soon as Coyer was gone Slow made sure they didn't have to work hard or do anything they felt was "too hard." Then Slowick further undermined Bates so that all the people that were in his way were nicely eliminated. He had kissed enough Shanahan ass to ensure he was going nowhere and was free install all his under-qualified puppets like his son in positions to watch every aspect of the team degenerate into garbage. And Shanahan knew that firing him would be so utterly ridiculous that he had no choice. His own ego wouldn't allow him to do it and Slowick knew it.

Shanahan is a good DC away from locking away the HOF and a Bob Slowick away from ruining it for himself forever.

watermock
01-12-2010, 01:04 AM
I'm having affairs with Brett and Kurt.

watermock
01-12-2010, 01:05 AM
I wish more pseudo-fans would follow his lead. That's great. Clean this place up.

Your such an ass.

OBF1
01-12-2010, 01:11 AM
Fans do not switch teams period. Let the weak minded leave and I hope they never come back. I am a DENVER BRONCO fan first, the actions of any single player or coach will never change that.

I backed Shanny for years but saw the writing on the wall and it was time for a change and now fully back the new staff 100%..... We all used to joke for years about "The Plan" but believed there was one, Now it is a different coach with a different plan, I can wait to see it unfold.

I will be a Bronco's fan until the day they burn my body and someone pours some of my ashes on Mile Highs field.

OBF1
01-12-2010, 01:12 AM
Your such an ass.

Go cheer on your dykequeens peanut butter boy

Popps
01-12-2010, 01:12 AM
Your such an ass.

Did you check to see if Watermock is available over there?

Grab it, man.

Killericon
01-12-2010, 01:13 AM
I'm having affairs with Brett and Kurt.

I'm sick of the "YOU CAN ONLY BE A FAN OF ONE TEAM" elitism. The Vikings are my NFC team, and the Redskins will be next season. Suck on it, b****es.

Anyways, Broncos Forever. You'll be missed, Atlas, but clearly you were just a Broncos fan who had it too good for too long. Take it from a Blackhawks fan, people, you gotta enjoy the good times for what they are, not b**** about how they aren't GREAT times.

watermock
01-12-2010, 01:15 AM
Let me tell you somehing poopsie, it's alot more fun to watch playmakers performing their craft than the crap we had last year. We had 3 playmakers. Doom, Marshall and the weekly hero.

It's amusing some people think we're improving.

Hulamau
01-12-2010, 01:16 AM
players Knowshow and Buck were an upgrade from the RB we had the last few Shanny years.

With Eddies sophomore slump its a good think we had Gaffney as well. Orton came with the deal as the best available QB among those teams willing to trade the farm for Gay Gutless. Kyle lacks some of the skill and physical talent of your Wonder Boy, but Posses far more smarts. guts and toughness as well as leadership as a team guy than the Windy City Primadonna.

Considering the demands of our system its about a wash at QB. Its quite possible Jay could have morphed into something special under Josh , if he had had the brains and character to shut the **** up and get with the program. Its a said fact we will never know.

But Kyle has a good chance to get better too. This was a huge change in total system philosophy it takes a little time.

Look at how even Brady and the NE offense took a step back without Josh

The hybrid line was our biggest Offensive weakness this year ... Not Orton or the running backs. Getting a team full of tough-minded team-first players with talent doesn't happen overnight and the transition pains can hurt at first.

Take off the doom glasses for a moment and start to appreciate the good things as well going on here.

The MVPlaya
01-12-2010, 01:18 AM
Dude. Seriously. You really believe that? That they KNOW whose boss?

It's not about sitting here listening to fans ADMIT it, it's about knowing how the psychology works. My response was intended to the fact that it was like "a super bowl" for them. The reason is because they know they're facing the better team. (better team = whose boss, that was my implication)

Check this place when we beat the Raiders or Chiefs. We talk like it's supposed to happen - kind of like when we play the Chargers and you check their forums.

That's a pretty naive thing to believe. You apparently don't read their forums. What they think they "KNOW" is that we're on the decline, while they are on the incline, and that this next year we'll be bottom feeders in the division. I think they're dreaming. I HOPE they're dreaming. But after losing 8 of 10 games, including one to the Raiders and one to the Chiefs at home who the hell knows.

lol doesn't matter what team forums you go to - you'll get that in many places.

I just know we need to start winning so that we can cash the checks that are being written with Josh McDaniel's mouth. That whole bit where he was talking trash to Charger's players and then proceeds to get his ass handed to him was one of the most embarassing things I've seen in coaching - not to mention the Jamarcus Russell 13 plays from the shotgun to steal one on our own field.

Yes - we need to start winning.

When TC starts all this BS will be gone and everyone will be filled with joy and rejuvenated from the off-season, and this 2-8 in last 10, losing to Raiders and Chiefs will be nothing but motivation for the team. Right now it's just depressing because we don't have a chance to fire back... but Broncos fans are taking it way, way too far.

And no I don't read their forums, my IQ has dropped enough from reading some Broncos fans' posts, couldn't risk dropping into below 0 with their fans. :thumbsup:

Popps
01-12-2010, 01:21 AM
Let me tell you somehing poopsie, it's alot more fun to watch playmakers performing their craft than the crap we had last year. We had 3 playmakers. Doom, Marshall and the weekly hero.

Bla bla bla I'm sad... bla bla bla...

The MVPlaya
01-12-2010, 01:24 AM

Yeah, it was pretty fun watching Webster and Boss Bailey do their craft, too.

I guess our defense was not fun to watch last year when they played well...

OBF1
I'm sick of the "YOU CAN ONLY BE A FAN OF ONE TEAM" elitism. The Vikings are my NFC team, and the Redskins will be next season. Suck on it, b****es.

Anyways, Broncos Forever. You'll be missed, Atlas, but clearly you were just a Broncos fan who had it too good for too long. Take it from a Blackhawks fan, people, you gotta enjoy the good times for what they are, not b**** about how they aren't GREAT times.

Okay....... I need an honest answer from you

Denver and Minnesota/Washington in the superbowl, Who do you want to win, No ties allowed.

Popps
players Knowshow and Buck were an upgrade from the RB we had the last few Shanny years.

With Eddies sophomore slump its a good think we had Gaffney as well. Orton came with the deal as the best available QB among those teams willing to trade the farm for Gay Gutless. Kyle lacks some of the skill and physical talent of your Wonder Boy, but Posses far more smarts. guts and toughness as well as leadership as a team guy than the Windy City Primadonna.

Considering the demands of our system its about a wash at QB. Its quite possible Jay could have morphed into something special under Josh , if he had had the brains and character to shut the **** up and get with the program. Its a said fact we will never know.

But Kyle has a good chance to get better too. This was a huge change in total system philosophy it takes a little time.

Look at how even Brady and the NE offense took a step back without Josh

The hybrid line was our biggest Offensive weakness this year ... Not Orton or the running backs. Getting a team full of tough-minded team-first players with talent doesn't happen overnight and the transition pains can hurt at first.

Take off the doom glasses for a moment and start to appreciate the good things as well going on here.

Strong. As usual.

watermock
01-12-2010, 01:27 AM
Should'nt you be rooting for Rivers or the new empty stadium poops?

OBF1
01-12-2010, 01:28 AM
Mock, isen't it time for your beer induced coma to kick in? hang it up for the night

Popps
01-12-2010, 01:34 AM
Should'nt you be rooting for Rivers or the new empty stadium poops?

:spit:

Ummm.... huh?

Killericon
01-12-2010, 01:36 AM
Okay....... I need an honest answer from you

Denver and Minnesota/Washington in the superbowl, Who do you want to win, No ties allowed.

Denver. I'm insulted you even asked. Denver versus the Chicago Blackhawks, I root for Denver. Denver versus the Canadian Olympic Hockey Team, I...well, that one I might have to ponder on, but you get the idea.

Denver is out of the playoffs, might as well root for someone. Go Vikings!

SoCalBronco
01-12-2010, 01:40 AM
Denver. I'm insulted you even asked. Denver versus the Chicago Blackhawks, I root for Denver. Denver versus the Canadian Olympic Hockey Team, I...well, that one I might have to ponder on, but you get the idea.

The Russians top scoring line of Ovechkin-Malkin-Kovalchuk will be the most lethal thing in the Olympics, but I think you guys have so much quality depth, Canada can roll out 4 excellent lines and bury the Russians for the 40 minutes when the Big Three aren't on the ice.

Blueflame
01-12-2010, 01:42 AM
Just great. Another divisive "bash-another-Broncofan" thread. And people wonder why some of us don't post much.

:-/ (finding this situation very sad)

Killericon
01-12-2010, 01:45 AM
The Russians top scoring line of Ovechkin-Malkin-Kovalchuk will be the most lethal thing in the Olympics, but I think you guys have so much quality depth, Canada can roll out 4 excellent lines and bury the Russians for the 40 minutes when the Big Three aren't on the ice.

Besides which, if any line in the Olympics can shut down the dreaded O-M-K line while providing a decent offensive threat, it'd be Morrow-Toews-Richards. Maybe. It should be fun, at least.

Anyways, GO BRONCOS!

Just great. Another divisive "bash-another-Broncofan" thread. And people wonder why some of us don't post much.

Me too. I wish he hadn't defected, but here we are. Anyone else notice how he said "As long as McDaniels is over there, I'm over here"? When McDaniels retires on a bed of Lombardis(Cause he'll never be fired), I guess we can comfort ourselves with the thought of Alec's return!

OBF1
01-12-2010, 01:47 AM

Denver is out of the playoffs, might as well root for someone. Go Vikings!

Do not be insulted, You made my point for me. There are Bronco fans, then there are those that hop onto other teams bandwagons for whatever reason. You sir are a Bronco's fan.

Miss I.
01-12-2010, 01:50 AM
Okay, fandom questioners, I suppose what I am about say will get me reviled, but it isn't the first time I have admitted to this. I am a recent convert to loving American football (my family big time soccer people and I love college basketball quite a lot, plus the NBA and the Lakers in the 80s, not so much now..I no longer watch NBA, bunch of primadonna a$$hats).

anyway, 2005 I moved to Kansas City Missouri, home of barbecue, fountains and the KC Chiefs. My friends were big time football fans so I went to their house every Sunday for game day food and yelling at the TV. They got me so hooked on football I started watching all games, going to Sports bars and also at home screaming at the TV. Upon moving to Colorado in 2006 (I was looking to upgrade states because MO had the shallowest dating pool I have ever seen, guys with rotted teeth, mulllets, camaros on blocks, it was sad...also a better job in Colorado), I was told by my KC bretheren I was not allowed to like the Broncos and given a Tony Gonzalez jersey. But the fact was, I was already smitten by the Orange and Blue (due to my one an only pro-football game being Superbowl XXXII where I was an NFL volunteer). my only hesitancy was the crap I heard spewed about by fans in various bars about the heinous Jake Plummer. Let me just say, not a huge fan of Plummer's but the vitrol spewed against one of our own players made me a bit hesitant to join a bunch a jackasses who sounded like they might eat their own kids to win a superbowl. I read a bulletin board once saying Jake was a loser because he cried over the death of his best friend in Iraq, it made him feminine and all sorts of gay slurs. Yeah, we got some real douchebag fans is all I can say.

In revealing my sordid and brief history of being a KC Chief fan, I hope to say that not all of us who switch teams (okay, take your moment to have your girl switching teams visual and move on) are bad fans. Sometimes, like a first boyfriend, while you will always have fond memories, you aren't going to marry that guy since he's inept and couldn't locate the endzone with a map and GPS (e.g. the Chiefs).

I will say this though, I think if one switches teams after 20 plus years of fandom that is a bit different.

Coaching changes or not, the Broncos are my team til the day I die or maybe go all Rugby on you biatches...;D (I kid, see the smilie, obviously I am kidding).

Popps
01-12-2010, 01:54 AM
Look, switching from the Chiefs is like stepping in dog crap and cleaning it off of your shoe. No one would hold that against you.

Killericon
01-12-2010, 01:57 AM
The only time I've ever thought switching who you're a fan of was okay was after the Mike Vick thing(Or being a Raiders fan in general). I suppose that if you were to be a White Sox fan in the days of the Black Sox, that'd be the same deal. Me? I'm not a fan of any baseball team currently, cause the Jays traded away Roy Halladay, but I was never a hardcore Jays fan. If you're a hardcore fan of the sport, you tie yourself to a wagon, and you stick with it.

Blueflame
01-12-2010, 01:58 AM
Me too. I wish he hadn't defected, but here we are. Anyone else notice how he said "As long as McDaniels is over there, I'm over here"? When McDaniels retires on a bed of Lombardis(Cause he'll never be fired), I guess we can comfort ourselves with the thought of Alec's return!

OK... so the Bronco fan involved sounds like it could be Atlas... I do not know for certain that it is, however... and even if it's confirmed, I do not feel inclined to bash him for making a personal decision that he's entitled to make.

And I haven't consulted Miss Cleo re: McDaniels' future. It looks like he's determined to either sink or swim on his own (with few to no "household-name" players or coaches involved). I sincerely hope you're right but am not convinced enough to make an unequivocal statement like yours that he'll never be fired (most Belicheat assistants have been fired from their first HC gigs; he just may not be the anomaly you think he is).

Killericon
01-12-2010, 02:01 AM
OK... so the Bronco fan involved sounds like it could be Atlas... I do not know for certain that it is, however... and even if it's confirmed, I do not feel inclined to bash him for making a personal decision that he's entitled to make.

And I haven't consulted Miss Cleo re: McDaniels' future. It looks like he's determined to either sink or swim on his own (with few to no "household-name" players or coaches involved). I sincerely hope you're right but am not convinced enough to make an unequivocal statement like yours that he'll never be fired (most Belicheat assistants have been fired from their first HC gigs; he just may not be the anomaly you think he is).

Well, I think 90-something percent of coaches get fired. Mike Shanahan got fired, twice. I think it's fair to say the McDaniels will get fired at some point. Also, a 'bed' of Lombardis? That'd have to be at least 10.

E-Sarcasm is hard to pull off.

Anyways, Alec is awesome, I hope that's not him, but I'm convinced it is. I don't hate fans of other NFL teams(We're all Football fans, fergod'ssake), but I will mock them.

Blueflame
01-12-2010, 02:06 AM
Well, I think 90-something percent of coaches get fired. Mike Shanahan got fired, twice. I think it's fair to say the McDaniels will get fired at some point. Also, a 'bed' of Lombardis? That'd have to be at least 10.

E-Sarcasm is hard to pull off.

I think despite a 6-0 start, a 2-8 finish is difficult to defend to a team owner who's watching the financial bottom line. McDaniels has... through his own attitude... set his own bar very high. Perhaps unattainably high. Time will tell. He will either succeed or fail in spectacular (high-profile; every-sportswriter-in-the-country-talking-about-it) fashion, I think.

OBF1
01-12-2010, 02:08 AM
You mean Atlas right???

Killericon
01-12-2010, 02:10 AM
You mean Atlas right???

*Sigh*

Yes, my bad.

Miss I.
01-12-2010, 02:13 AM
actually, the name of the poster is Atlass...do you really think he would put a$$ in his own name...I am now wondering if some other clown from OM is having a bit of fun with their knowledge of him...hmmm???

Atwater His Ass
01-12-2010, 02:28 AM
Any Bronco fan that is still clinging to the idea that OAK and KC only live to beat DEN is living in the far distant past.

Sad fact is, SD is the only class team in the West right now. DEN, OAK, and KC are all pretty much equals at this point. Case was proven with the playoffs on the line, DEN couldn't beat EITHER of these teams at HOME. When it mattered.

OBF1
01-12-2010, 02:36 AM
It is Atlas, I can not believe someone super glued shanny's Krank to Atlas' lips. Listening to him cry like a biotch is too much to see. He is crying about Shanny and Cutler, blaming it all on McDaniels.

He is saying that Shanny had the Broncos on the rise and McDaniels has destroyed the team, Last I checked they both 8-8 the past 2 years. We are alot better off without that kind of fan here, now only a few more to go.

Atwater His Ass
01-12-2010, 02:51 AM
It is Atlas, I can not believe someone super glued shanny's Krank to Atlas' lips. Listening to him cry like a biotch is too much to see. He is crying about Shanny and Cutler, blaming it all on McDaniels.

He is saying that Shanny had the Broncos on the rise and McDaniels has destroyed the team, Last I checked they both 8-8 the past 2 years. We are alot better off without that kind of fan here, now only a few more to go.

Arguments can easily be made that Shanny had this team going a better direction than McD has it going now.

It's bogus that a guy jumps ship like that, but let's not kid ourselves with the "accomplishments" that McD has brought to this team.

broncocalijohn
01-12-2010, 03:09 AM

well, if this is about Atlas and him not even being around all year and then he popps up over at a Redskins board, then yes it is about that guy. Thought he was pretty cool, had a crap load of dvds and such and shared them. BUT, if you are going to go to an opposing team and give up your love for the broncos based on a coach, though popular one, then you get the razed.

watermock
01-12-2010, 03:17 AM
Atlas was cool.

I think he sent some stuff when I was in the hospise.

Blueflame
01-12-2010, 03:18 AM
well, if this is about Atlas and him not even being around all year and then he popps up over at a Redskins board, then yes it is about that guy. Thought he was pretty cool, had a crap load of dvds and such and shared them. BUT, if you are going to go to an opposing team and give up your love for the broncos based on a coach, though popular one, then you get the razed.

If the former-Broncos/new-Redskins fan on that board is, in fact my friend Atlas... then that makes me very sad.

And the "better-off-without-him" (highly judgmental) attitude of some of my other friends... also makes me very sad.

:( :-/ :(

broncocalijohn
01-12-2010, 03:27 AM
well, he brought it on himself. Does he get a pass when either McDaniels succeeds or if he leaves? There is more to the broncos than a coach. Yes, he controls things but change happens. He was so much in love with Shanny and Cutler that he was blinded. I wish Mike the best, but I will stick with the team in Denver. He is pathetic. Nice, pathetic guy.

Blueflame
01-12-2010, 03:36 AM
well, he brought it on himself. Does he get a pass when either McDaniels succeeds or if he leaves? There is more to the broncos than a coach. Yes, he controls things but change happens. He was so much in love with Shanny and Cutler that he was blinded. I wish Mike the best, but I will stick with the team in Denver. He is pathetic. Nice, pathetic guy.

And I'll remain a (saddened) Bronco fan... one who really finds it difficult to accept all the divisiveness, judgmental attitudes and namecalling that's happening every day within our own ranks. Guess I'd best go into paintshop pro and create my own "better-fan-than-anyone-else" card to display so no one questions my allegiance... :-/

broncofan7
01-12-2010, 06:10 AM

You mean the ones who put the GOOD OF THE TEAM over simply being kool-aid drinkers? I whole heartedly agree.

watermock
01-12-2010, 06:24 AM

How amusing.

Bronco Cali...just like Popps.

Broncoman13
01-12-2010, 06:31 AM

THIS.

Lots of wisdom in this post, Chris bring'n the truth finally. The Raiders, Chefs, and Browns have something to look forward to... especially the Chefs. Get a few WRs in there and that team is suddenly looking decent. :(

Broncoman13
01-12-2010, 06:33 AM
Atlas was cool.

I think he sent some stuff when I was in the hospise.

Mail bomb, PB&J Sammy, or Playgirl Magazine... I'm sure he had something good for your ass.

Steve Prefontaine
01-12-2010, 06:34 AM
It's kind of funny that he misspelled allegiance in the thread title.

WolfpackGuy
01-12-2010, 06:47 AM
Wow, switching teams?

That's a lot of gear to buy.

Rohirrim
01-12-2010, 06:48 AM
Atlas was a good guy. He sent me the DVDs of Rome. Hopefully, he comes around when the Broncos beat the Skins to the SB and he realizes Shanahan still doesn't have a clue when it comes to defense.

:bronxrox:

watermock
01-12-2010, 06:51 AM
I misspell alot of words.

My keyboard has a broken leg and I can only type with 2 fingers.

If you too illiterate to figure out by deduction, your the idiot.

broncofan
01-12-2010, 07:04 AM

Yikes...so if you typed with all 10 you'd be pimpin' about 150,000 posts by now.

dbfan21
01-12-2010, 07:37 AM
Wow...how disappointing. I cannot believe how someone could switch allegiances who had such strong feelings for the Broncos. I may get down on the team, but I will cheer for the Broncos til the day I die.

TonyR
01-12-2010, 08:03 AM
The Raiders, Chefs, and Browns have something to look forward to... especially the Chefs. Get a few WRs in there and that team is suddenly looking decent. :(

Come on, you're better and smarter than this. So if the Raiders, Chiefs, and Browns make some improvements they're suddenly "better" than the Broncos? What if the Broncos make some improvements at the same time? You don't think the Broncos are going to make some improvements this offseason? You trust that the Raiders, for example, are going to make better moves than the Broncos? As for Cleveland, Holmgren is calling the shots there now. How's that team he built in Seattle doing right now? Come on, guys, a little perspective is in order here.

Ray Finkle
01-12-2010, 08:32 AM

Go USA....Socal you Malkin nut hanger

tsiguy96
01-12-2010, 08:52 AM
Arguments can easily be made that Shanny had this team going a better direction than McD has it going now.

no they cant. points scored vs points allowed proves this team was far, far better this year than last. after going down 21-0 we still made a game out of it with teh colts, shanahans broncos would NEVER do that. same with philly game, thats the recipe for a shanahan blowout, mcdaniels teams actually fought back.

this team is easily far better now, especially since he improved teh defense so much and offense regressed little in points scored in the first year of a very complex system. but you dont care about that, its all about what happened NOW. and what happened now is 8-8 and no playoffs, which you should be used to as a bronco fan.

Mr.Meanie
01-12-2010, 09:03 AM
okay, fandom questioners, i suppose what i am about say will get me reviled, but it isn't the first time i have admitted to this. I am a recent convert to loving american football (my family big time soccer people and i love college basketball quite a lot, plus the nba and the lakers in the 80s, not so much now..i no longer watch nba, bunch of primadonna a$$hats).

Anyway, 2005 i moved to kansas city missouri, home of barbecue, fountains and the kc chiefs. My friends were big time football fans so i went to their house every sunday for game day food and yelling at the tv. They got me so hooked on football i started watching all games, going to sports bars and also at home screaming at the tv. Upon moving to colorado in 2006 (i was looking to upgrade states because mo had the shallowest dating pool i have ever seen, guys with rotted teeth, mulllets, camaros on blocks, it was sad...also a better job in colorado), i was told by my kc bretheren i was not allowed to like the broncos and given a tony gonzalez jersey. But the fact was, i was already smitten by the orange and blue (due to my one an only pro-football game being superbowl xxxii where i was an nfl volunteer). My only hesitancy was the crap i heard spewed about by fans in various bars about the heinous jake plummer. Let me just say, not a huge fan of plummer's but the vitrol spewed against one of our own players made me a bit hesitant to join a bunch a jackasses who sounded like they might eat their own kids to win a superbowl. I read a bulletin board once saying jake was a loser because he cried over the death of his best friend in iraq, it made him feminine and all sorts of gay slurs. Yeah, we got some real douchebag fans is all i can say.

In revealing my sordid and brief history of being a kc chief fan, i hope to say that not all of us who switch teams (okay, take your moment to have your girl switching teams visual and move on) are bad fans. Sometimes, like a first boyfriend, while you will always have fond memories, you aren't going to marry that guy since he's inept and couldn't locate the endzone with a map and gps (e.g. The chiefs).

I will say this though, i think if one switches teams after 20 plus years of fandom that is a bit different.

Coaching changes or not, the broncos are my team til the day i die or maybe go all rugby on you biatches...;d (i kid, see the smilie, obviously i am kidding).

she's a witch. Burn her!

Rohirrim
01-12-2010, 09:12 AM
she's a witch. Burn her!

Does she float?

Chris
01-12-2010, 09:15 AM
When asked about the status of his fandom, Atlas shrugged.

ZONA
01-12-2010, 09:25 AM
Very lame indeed. I had a friend years ago that was a die hard 49'er fan and he was always talking his smack. When the Cowboys beat them and won those Superbowl years ago, he was then always sporting his Cowboys gear. It was so obvious all he wanted to do was root for a winning team. I have no doubts to this day he still annually switches gear to who ever wins the Superbowl.

Hahhaha - lame

55CrushEm
01-12-2010, 09:27 AM

So, aside from losing Cutler.....how did we "rip apart" the offense......O-line was left intact, we still had Sheff, Graham, Marshall, Royal, Stokely, etc.

How was it ripped apart?

Mr.Meanie
01-12-2010, 09:31 AM

well played, sir!

skpac1001
01-12-2010, 09:33 AM

lol

azbroncfan
01-12-2010, 09:43 AM

Go root for the Vikings. No one here likes to listen to your garbage maybe laugh at it but your act is tiring.

McDman
01-12-2010, 09:46 AM
Now if only rasta and BF7 would go over there it would make this forum complete.

azbroncfan
01-12-2010, 09:46 AM

You have been saying that for as long as I have been here and that was before the peanut butter incident.

Pony Boy
01-12-2010, 09:48 AM
Could we send BF7 to the skins also and a few future picks of our choice at a later date?

Cito Pelon
01-12-2010, 09:51 AM
Good riddance.

Yup. Atlas was one of the sorriest punks on this board.

bpc
01-12-2010, 10:00 AM
So, aside from losing Cutler.....how did we "rip apart" the offense......O-line was left intact, we still had Sheff, Graham, Marshall, Royal, Stokely, etc.

How was it ripped apart?

You don't think McD failed to use his weapons this year, and wonder why our offense struggled so bad?

Royal 100 catches to 37.

Offensive line, 12 sacks to what, 40?

Numerous personal issues with Marshall.

Failure on 3rd and short, goalline.

Must keep hitting on all the issues, thread after thread, because most of you are living a dream.

Great13
01-12-2010, 10:03 AM
Wow.. I'm glad I got his VHS collection before he left! Now if I can just finish transferring all 100+ to DVD.....

Ray Finkle
01-12-2010, 10:23 AM
You don't think McD failed to use his weapons this year, and wonder why our offense struggled so bad?

Royal 100 catches to 37.

Must keep hitting on all the issues, thread after thread, because most of you are living a dream.

Shanahan had major issues with Marshall last year....cut the crap.

broncofan7
01-12-2010, 10:30 AM
Could we send BF7 to the skins also and a few future picks of our choice at a later date?

I am worth at least a decade of First Rounders......not even Shanny can afford me. And I bet you think the herschel walker trade was big........

RaiderH8r
01-12-2010, 10:40 AM

Sweet, the NFL is now giving out "Participant" ribbons so nobody's feelings are hurt?

Of course they've got something sweet to hang their hat on. Raiders/Chiefs losses kept us out of the playoffs.

I get it, you want to forget EPIC Collapse '09 but just because you ignore it doesn't make it go away.

Pony Boy
01-12-2010, 10:43 AM
I am worth at least a decade of First Rounders......not even Shanny can afford me. And I bet you think the herschel walker trade was big........

Now you are being an ass, bringing up Herschel Walker that SOB robbed Elway of the Heisman ......... :oyvey:

Dagmar
01-12-2010, 10:45 AM

Royal 100 catches to 37.

It was 34 sacks. We lost Harris. Cutler and Shanahan had personal issues with Marshall. Failure or 3rd and goal, to which you all suggested Hillis, which we did, he failed.
Our O line needs work. 16 teams gave up more sacks. Damn McDaniels!

55CrushEm
01-12-2010, 10:50 AM
Royal 100 catches to 37.
Sophomore slump....double-teamed early in the season....we won't force it....easing Orton into a new syste. But yeah, all McDooooshie's fault.

Learning new blocking system....Orton not as mobile....lost Ryan Harris. But yeah, all McNumbnut's fault.

Marshall has had personal issues his whole life. But yeah, all McTurdbrain's fault.

New blocking system...interior line is weak...we sucked at the goalline and redzone last year. But yeah, all McRetard's fault.

No. Goons like you just want so badly to hate on McDaniels. It's sad.

RaiderH8r
01-12-2010, 10:52 AM
*****ZZZZZZZZIIIIPPPPPP********

RIGHT NOW, WHIP'EM OUT!! WHO'S GOT THE BIGGEST BRONCOS FANDOM? WHO'S GOT IT? MINE MEASURES LARGE AND IN CHARGE. I AM RAIDERH8R, BIGGEST BRONCO FAN IN ALL THE LAND AND ALL OTHER BRONCO MESSAGE BOARD POSTERS ARE INFERIOR TO ME AND MY BRONCO FANDOM. ALL OF YOU SHOULD FIND DIFFERENT TEAMS WHEN YOU DISAGREE WITH MY AWESOMITUDINAL FANDOM!!! CLEAN THIS PLACE OUT FOR MY BRAND OF FAN!!!

Christ.

skpac1001
01-12-2010, 10:53 AM
It was 34 sacks. We lost Harris. Cutler and Shanahan had personal issues with Marshall. Failure or 3rd and goal, to which you all suggested Hillis, which we did, he failed.
Our O line needs work. 16 teams gave up more sacks. Damn McDaniels!

I can't think of a single carryover on offense, whether coach or player, who didn't take a hit either on production or reputation under McDaniels. What a perfect storm of coincidences to make McDaniels look like he isn't an offensive genius.

RaiderH8r
01-12-2010, 10:54 AM
Sophomore slump....double-teamed early in the season....we won't force it....easing Orton into a new syste. But yeah, all McDooooshie's fault.

Learning new blocking system....Orton not as mobile....lost Ryan Harris. But yeah, all McNumbnut's fault.

Marshall has had personal issues his whole life. But yeah, all McTurdbrain's fault.

New blocking system...interior line is weak...we sucked at the goalline and redzone last year. But yeah, all McRetard's fault.

No. Goons like you just want so badly to hate on McDaniels. It's sad.

McKid woefully misused the talent on the roster. He insisted on fitting square pegs into round holes because he is either too stupid or too obstinant to recognize his talent and how to use it. It is his job to put his players in the best position to succeed instead of asking them to do what he knows they can not. Case in point, undersized line? Too small on the interior for power running game? Then use the zone system fer Chrissakes McGenius! Eddie Royal is suddenly a turd? Hillis can't pick up tough yards? None of this changed, the failure on offense begins and ends with Lil Hoodie. Quit covering for his jackass stubborn dip****tery.

55CrushEm
01-12-2010, 10:55 AM
I can't think of a single carryover on offense, whether coach or player, who didn't take a hit either on production or reputation under McDaniels. What a perfect storm of coincidences to make McDaniels look like he isn't an offensive genius.

Gee......do you think a total change is system could have something to do with it?

Los Broncos
01-12-2010, 11:02 AM
He is changing teams? I never thought that would happen.

I thought he was as die hard as they come, guess not.

55CrushEm
01-12-2010, 11:04 AM
the failure on offense begins and ends with Lil Hoodie. Quit covering for his jackass stubborn dip****tery.

Same old tune.

8-8 under a first year rookie head coach = "jackass stubborn dip****tery"

8-8 under 14-year tenured Shanahan = "Well, he was on his way to building a winner"

Yah, ok. Take off the hate glasses, and give the guy more than one year to prove himself.

Sir_Robin
01-12-2010, 11:11 AM
Eh. I can empathize with Atlas. I'm not inclined to switch teams however. I'll certainly watch the redskins with some interest, same as I did with Chicago this year. The fact of the matter is I have come to agree with Bowlen and so many departing players over the years. "It's business". Since I disagree with Bowlen's acts of disloyalty I must follow my own conscience in such matters. Bowlen will never again see a dime of my money.

In the meantime I will continue to follow the Broncos and get my entertainment where I can (such as with a good old fashioned moonshine race - go NASCAR!)

✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡
01-12-2010, 11:12 AM
Fans do not switch teams period. Let the weak minded leave and I hope they never come back. I am a DENVER BRONCO fan first, the actions of any single player or coach will never change that.

I backed Shanny for years but saw the writing on the wall and it was time for a change and now fully back the new staff 100%..... We all used to joke for years about "The Plan" but believed there was one, Now it is a different coach with a different plan, I can wait to see it unfold.

I will be a Bronco's fan until the day they burn my body and someone pours some of my ashes on Mile Highs field.

what if your son gets drafted by a NFL team or you get a good job offer to work for another NFL club?

broncofan7
01-12-2010, 11:27 AM
*****zzzzzzzziiiipppppp********

right now, whip'em out!! Who's got the biggest broncos fandom? Who's got it? Mine measures large and in charge. I am raiderh8r, biggest bronco fan in all the land and all other bronco message board posters are inferior to me and my bronco fandom. All of you should find different teams when you disagree with my awesomitudinal fandom!!! Clean this place out for my brand of fan!!!

Christ.

bingo!

broncofan7
01-12-2010, 11:29 AM
same old tune.

8-8 under 14-year tenured shanahan = "well, he was on his way to building a winner"

yah, ok. Take off the hate glasses, and give the guy more than one year to prove himself.

2&8. and our best unit IS OLD NOT YOUNG.

TonyR
01-12-2010, 11:36 AM
I don't know what's more pathetic and weak, giving up on the team or supporting people who do. I guess bashing the team at every turn and being nothing but negative about it ranks up there, too.

As has been said numerous times in countless threads, criticism is to be expected, and constructive criticism is to be commended. But the constant drumbeat of oppressive, over the top cynicism from some of you is just beyond lame. The sun will come out tomorrow. Bet your bottom dollar it will!

skpac1001
01-12-2010, 11:44 AM
Gee......do you think a total change is system could have something to do with it?

I am not sure I understand what your point is. He didn't have to change the system and I can guarantee that Bowlen didn't hire him expecting all his offensive pro-bowl players to be likely gone in a year and all existing talent would take a step back. Maybe his system will work out great next year and everyone will step up, but as far as making the most out of the 2008 offensive talent, it hasn't quite worked out that way.

jhat01
01-12-2010, 11:45 AM
bingo!

Stupid....

Fans don't change teams. Now if your team moves in the dead of night or something,OK. When you perceive your team to be in the middle of a downturn is not when "fans" quit their teams. But whatever...to each their own.

tsiguy96
01-12-2010, 11:47 AM
you guys are just pure idiots. 8-8 under a first year head coach with brand new systems on both sides of the ball, offensive points scored didnt drop much, defensive points allowed dropped a ridiculous high amount, yet its not good enough because ofr some reason or another, you hate mcdaniels. how ridiculous.

chex
01-12-2010, 11:55 AM
OK, just so we're clear, criticizing EVERYTHING McDaniels makes you a die-hard, criticizing ANYTHING Shanahan means you're a hater.

TonyR
01-12-2010, 12:03 PM
OK, just so we're clear, criticizing EVERYTHING McDaniels makes you a die-hard, criticizing ANYTHING Shanahan means you're a hater.

Yup, that's their "logic" in a nutshell. You should show more loyalty to the former coach than the current coach. Makes sense, right?

gyldenlove
01-12-2010, 12:07 PM
you guys are just pure idiots. 8-8 under a first year head coach with brand new systems on both sides of the ball, offensive points scored didnt drop much, defensive points allowed dropped a ridiculous high amount, yet its not good enough because ofr some reason or another, you hate mcdaniels. how ridiculous.

What was our record last year, when the head coach got fired because it wasn't good enough? 8-8

So how is 8-8 good enough this year? did we lower our standards because we got a new head coach?

Did it get acceptable to lose at home to Oakland and Kansas City just because it says Mcdaniels instead of Shanahan on the door to the head coaches office?

8-8 is not good enough and losing to the Raiders and Chiefs at home is not good enough - regardless who the coach is.

Mcdaniels needs to show significant improvement next year.

Pony Boy
01-12-2010, 12:08 PM
Ok McD haters answer this, should Shanahan go in and work with Zorn's staff and players and wrap his coaching talent around them or should he have complete control to make any and all changes nesessary to bring the Skins back...... Is he expected to be in the playoffs next year or be fired? I bet he guts that team and coaching staff.....

The MVPlaya
01-12-2010, 12:10 PM
Atlas doesn't seem like the youngest buck - it shouldn't be surprising that those type of people can't adapt well to change.

Taco John
01-12-2010, 12:11 PM
I don't know what's more pathetic and weak, giving up on the team or supporting people who do.

You're clueless.

Atlas was a great poster here for six years. He's donated to the site. He's offered people DVDs of Broncos games - no charge. He developed relationships here, and was a well respected poster.

You have a long ways to go to become half the poster that Atlas was around here.

Taco John
01-12-2010, 12:14 PM
Ok McD haters answer this, should Shanahan go in and work with Zorn's staff and players and wrap his coaching talent around them or should he have complete control to make any and all changes nesessary to bring the Skins back...... Is he expected to be in the playoffs next year or be fired? I bet he guts that team and coaching staff.....

I think he should go in and fire everybody, and install his system. And if he doesn't, then he should use everybody's strengths to their maximum potential. For instance, if he decides to keep the offensive line coach and runningback coach, he should use them for what made them worth keeping around, rather than asking them to do stuff that puts them on thin ice.

I still don't understand the point of keeping Dennison and Turner around if he wasn't going to use the ZBS. It effectively wasted a season that could have been used towards installing what he *did* want, and building some early continuity.

Ray Finkle
01-12-2010, 12:16 PM
You're clueless.

Atlas was a great poster here for six years. He's donated to the site. He's offered people DVDs of Broncos games - no charge. He developed relationships here, and was a well respected poster.

You have a long ways to go to become half the poster that Atlas was around here.

Well written.....Atlas will be missed.

Los Broncos
01-12-2010, 12:32 PM
Atlas considered me a good friend, I'll miss him.

Just hope he is still a Broncos fan.

broncocalijohn
01-12-2010, 12:40 PM
And I'll remain a (saddened) Bronco fan... one who really finds it difficult to accept all the divisiveness, judgmental attitudes and namecalling that's happening every day within our own ranks. Guess I'd best go into paintshop pro and create my own "better-fan-than-anyone-else" card to display so no one questions my allegiance... :-/

this is about going to an opposing team. While many here have different opinions on where the team is going, most of those act like Broncos fans. Atlas never showed up after we cleaned house. Now you can say he based his allegiance to the Redskins based on him hating Dallas. We all know it is because of a coach. While most loved Shanny, we now realize it was time to move on. He never gave the new coach a chance. We didnt scare him away, he left on his own. See ya Atlas! Enjoy the coach and not the team.

gyldenlove
01-12-2010, 12:41 PM

Shanahan should do better next year than Zorn did this year. That is why he was hired.

If Shanahan keeps Jason Campbell around, would you think it is a good idea to move him to linebacker? regardless if wether you keep a player or coach or hire your own, if you don't attempt to maximize their effectiveness why did you keep them or hire them?

Rohirrim
01-12-2010, 12:44 PM
What was our record last year, when the head coach got fired because it wasn't good enough? 8-8

So how is 8-8 good enough this year? did we lower our standards because we got a new head coach?

Did it get acceptable to lose at home to Oakland and Kansas City just because it says Mcdaniels instead of Shanahan on the door to the head coaches office?

8-8 is not good enough and losing to the Raiders and Chiefs at home is not good enough - regardless who the coach is.

I agree. Josh has to learn, those two losses are unacceptable in this town.

tsiguy96
01-12-2010, 12:44 PM

shanahan didnt get fired because of one year of ineffective teams, it was because 3 consecutive years of the team getting worse and worse. that trend has already been reversed as shown by the point differential, this team was competitive in most of its games, shanahans teams teh last few years either won by a hair or lost by a ton in most of its games.

Taco John
01-12-2010, 12:47 PM
Atlas considered me a good friend, I'll miss him.

Just hope he is still a Broncos fan.

Who were you before "Iron Clady." I've never managed to figure that out.

jhns
01-12-2010, 12:59 PM

The one thing you just failed to mention is what the big difference is. Shanahan was brought in as an offensive guru. I bet no matter what players they have, the offense is better next year than it was this year. I bet their good offensive players won't suddenly regress...

Also, this crying like people talk bad about everything McD is pretty pathetic. I get accused of this all the time but have said many good things about him and what he is building. Some of you are just really over dramatic and cry anytime someone points out real flaws.

RaiderH8r
01-12-2010, 01:02 PM
Same old tune.

8-8 under 14-year tenured Shanahan = "Well, he was on his way to building a winner"

Yah, ok. Take off the hate glasses, and give the guy more than one year to prove himself.

2-8 after the bye week=jackass stubborn dip****tery.

The guy proved himself shipping a talented QB, alienating a top flight WR, misusing players, dividing a fan base and a locker room. I'm thinking Billy Bellycheats sent McKid here to dismantle the only team that seemed to have his number....until the Ravens rolled into town that is.

Ray Finkle
01-12-2010, 01:02 PM

Majik.....sorry, couldn't resist....:welcome:

Rohirrim
01-12-2010, 01:03 PM

He was "Silky George Foster." ROFL!

Lev Vyvanse
01-12-2010, 01:03 PM

For some reason I always thought he was Lynchmob, but now that I think about it I'm not sure why.

TailgateNut
01-12-2010, 01:05 PM

Becky4J:rofl:

Sorry clady, I couldn't resist.

broncocalijohn
01-12-2010, 01:10 PM
You're clueless.

still makes him weak as a fan. He proved it by leaving. Personally,a great guy but too liberal for my blood. Let us not confuse the Atlas who stole bologna from a private party (yes he was drunk) then proceeded to spit it out for the manager who questioned him. Those were good times in Arizona. This move is pathetic. I am afraid BMF made the same move but maybe he is just in jail ROFL!

TonyR
01-12-2010, 01:13 PM
You're clueless.

I didn't say anything about his qualities as a person or poster. What I did do is call out someone who took his ball and went home because he doesn't like the coach of the team he's supposedly a fan of. Boo effing hoo.

Funny how I can't judge a person based on his actions and then you see fit to judge me, as if Mr. Gutless Drunk has good enough credit to borrow upon.

I'm clueless? Seriously?

broncocalijohn
01-12-2010, 01:13 PM

who hasnt he been? It was lynchmob and I believe something to the effect of Doomville or something. His name changes but at least it is with the same team.

Hogan11
01-12-2010, 01:16 PM

You know what? You're right! For much too long I've refused to divide my loyalities for any reason at all and it gets so lonely when Denver consistantly misses the playoffs, fires sacred cow coaches and trades away marquee players....sigh. I used to think that having a fave team was like being in a marriage, you know, for better or for worse and all that...what bullshat!

I'm not only gonna get me a fave NFC team, I'm gonna get me a fave team in each division! That way, I'll always have someone to cheer for and never be at a loss of any kind!

Cuse me now, I have a lotta different merch to buy.

broncocalijohn
01-12-2010, 01:17 PM
I think TJ is going to start up another website hangingonshannysjunk.com to get those that are leaving to at least keep the the same active members in his house of .coms I hear the anti Bowlen one is doing ok. www.gutlessdrunk.com (http://www.gutlessdrunk.com)

Pony Boy
01-12-2010, 01:17 PM
The one thing you just failed to mention is what the big difference is. Shanahan was brought in as an offensive guru.

Ok, now I see the difference ....and would you care to tell me what McDaniels was brought in for? I kind of had the idea they were both brought in to be NFL head coaches. I'm glad your cleared that up.

Bronco Yoda
01-12-2010, 01:18 PM
what if your son gets drafted by a NFL team or you get a good job offer to work for another NFL club?

You really think Phil Simms wears a Bronco Hoodie?

Really?

TonyR
01-12-2010, 01:21 PM
I used to think that having a fave team was like being in a marriage, you know, for better or for worse and all that...what bullshat!

Seriously. Good post. How sad is it that the person who runs this site, a Denver Broncos fan discussion forum, is not only siding with someone who's turning his back on the team but calling out those that are questioning him for it. It's really unbelievable. Too bad I'm only half the poster of that deserter. This according to the person who started the Gutless Drunk thread and proclaimed Mike Shanahan Coach Eternal.

TonyR
01-12-2010, 01:23 PM
I think TJ is going to start up another website hangingonshannysjunk.com to get those that are leaving to at least keep the the same active members in his house of .coms I hear the anti Bowlen one is doing ok. www.gutlessdrunk.com (http://www.gutlessdrunk.com)

I better quickly make a donation and send him some DVD's. Then maybe I can be at least 3/4 the poster that Atlas was.

Taco John
01-12-2010, 01:23 PM
I'm clueless? Seriously?

Yes. Absolutely.

Taco John
01-12-2010, 01:24 PM
I better quickly make a donation and send him some DVD's. Then maybe I can be at least 3/4 the poster that Atlas was.

You could start by having some decent takes now and again.

broncocalijohn
01-12-2010, 01:24 PM
Yes. Absolutely.

so what is your name at the redskins website TJ?

Taco John
01-12-2010, 01:25 PM
For waht it's worth, I don't condone Atlas's decision. I think he's making the wrong choice. But it's his choice, and I'm not here to bash a guy who has been a good friend to myself and others here. His choice doesn't threaten me at all.

Taco John
01-12-2010, 01:26 PM

www.BroncosEast.com :wiggle:

Taco John
01-12-2010, 01:27 PM

I'm Taco John at the ExtremeSkins forum. I haven't posted there since - hmmm... Must have been whatever the last trade was.

tsiguy96
01-12-2010, 01:28 PM
You could start by having some decent takes now and again.

after being 100% wrong about everything youve said for basically the last 6 months, you tell someone else to have good takes on stuff. thats funny.

Taco John
01-12-2010, 01:30 PM
You know what? You're right! For much too long I've refused to divide my loyalities for any reason at all and it gets so lonely when Denver consistantly misses the playoffs, fires sacred cow coaches and trades away marquee players....sigh. I used to think that having a fave team was like being in a marriage, you know, for better or for worse and all that...what bullshat!

I'm not only gonna get me a fave NFC team, I'm gonna get me a fave team in each division! That way, I'll always have someone to cheer for and never be at a loss of any kind!

Cuse me now, I have a lotta different merch to buy.

That's actually pretty funny. I struggled with being a Mariners fan because of my lifelong devotion to the Broncos. But then my Mariners buddies here counseled me that under no circumstances would the Mariners ever play the Broncos under any condition whatsoever. After wandering in the wilderness yelling at the clouds, I finally came home and bought a Mariners hat.

That's when the real struggles began: deciding when it's ok to wear the Mariners hat instead of my Broncos hat. It's like they fight between eachother every time I reach for one.

jhns
01-12-2010, 01:31 PM
Ok, now I see the difference ....and would you care to tell me what McDaniels was brought in for? I kind of had the idea they were both brought in to be NFL head coaches. I'm glad your cleared that up.

I would say he was brought in to improve the team. Making the offense worse, and the defense better, didn't seem to get that done. McDaniels area of expertice is the one that regressed the most. The good young players on that side of the ball have regressed. I get you don't find this odd or concerning, but others do.

Taco John
01-12-2010, 01:31 PM
after being 100% wrong about everything youve said for basically the last 6 months, you tell someone else to have good takes on stuff. thats funny.

Like what? Seems to me like the stuff I've been concerned about has pretty much panned out like I feared.

I only WISH I was wrong about all of it.

Taco John
01-12-2010, 01:32 PM
I was wrong about this team going 9-7 or 10-6 and winning the division though. I've got to hand you that one.

TonyR
01-12-2010, 01:35 PM
But it's his choice, and I'm not here to bash a guy who has been a good friend to myself and others here.

It's my choice to bash his decision, and your choice to bash me because he's your buddy. It's fine for you to be an a-hole to me but I can't call out a guy who's running off to root for another team. On a Broncos fan site. And I'm the clueless one. When you calm down perhaps you'll see how silly and childish you're being. But I won't hold my breath.

Hogan11
01-12-2010, 01:38 PM
That's actually pretty funny. I struggled with being a Mariners fan because of my lifelong devotion to the Broncos. But then my Mariners buddies here counseled me that under no circumstances would the Mariners ever play the Broncos under any condition whatsoever. After wandering in the wilderness yelling at the clouds, I finally came home and bought a Mariners hat.

That's when the real struggles began: deciding when it's ok to wear the Mariners hat instead of my Broncos hat. It's like they fight between eachother every time I reach for one.

Different sports Taco? That's apples & oranges. Now if that was a Seahawk hat you were talking about..........

Taco John
01-12-2010, 01:40 PM
It's my choice to bash his decision, and your choice to bash me because he's your buddy. It's fine for you to be an a-hole to me but I can't call out a guy who's running off to root for another team. On a Broncos fan site. And I'm the clueless one. When you calm down perhaps you'll see how silly and childish you're being. But I won't hold my breath.

I don't like the decision he's making, but I like Atlas. Simple as that.

You can bash him if you want, but Atlas has been a good friend to the people around here. I have no problems standing up for the guy. Especially to johnny come latelies who didn't know the guy or can even begin to appreciate what he brought to this forum on a daily basis over the years.

We're losing a good poster who is a genuine good guy.

Taco John
01-12-2010, 01:40 PM
Different sports Taco? That's apples & oranges. Now if that was a Seahawk hat you were talking about..........

Yeah, I know. But it still feels like I'm dividing my loyalties each time I reach for a hat! :)

Miss I.
01-12-2010, 01:42 PM
she's a witch. Burn her!

For Mr. Meanie and Roh....a little Python ...:kiss:

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zrzMhU_4m-g&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zrzMhU_4m-g&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Hey, TJ, I am about to Monty Python Jack this thread, I think you need to ban me for life...though maybe that's for foodjacking I can't recall all these rules (even though there's a bad ass thread on the topic, I still can't...so sad...got senile or something when I moved to the UK).

Rohirrim
01-12-2010, 01:44 PM
Yeah, I know. But it still feels like I'm dividing my loyalties each time I reach for a hat! :)

I have no problem pulling on my Dodgers hat when the seasons change. ;D

✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡
01-12-2010, 01:47 PM
Shanahan was like Denver's version of Paul Brown, George Papa Bear Halas. He was part of the Broncos organization for 20 years. It's natural that Broncos fans are going to have a strong emotional attachment to him.

I can't fault any fan for having mixed feelings for what has transpired.

RaiderH8r
Dude is taking his brand loyalty elsewhere. He never did me wrong and Bowlen/McKid certainly don't/won't lose any sleep over it so let him do what he wants. People are acting like he **** in their shoes.

Taco John
I have no problem pulling on my Dodgers hat when the seasons change. ;D

The tough months are August and September. Ha!

The overlap makes me schizo!

RaiderH8r
01-12-2010, 01:51 PM

As a Braves fan it was tough for 14 years...unfortunately September and October have been woefully unimportant baseball months for me in recent years.

Taco John
01-12-2010, 01:52 PM
Shanahan was like Denver's version of Paul Brown, George Papa Bear Halas. He was part of the Broncos organization for 20 years. It's natural that Broncos fans are going to have a strong emotional attachment to him.

I can't fault any fan for having mixed feelings for what has transpired.

:thumbsup:

It's a divorce. Divorces aren't easy.

People grow emotional attachments to these teams. And when the teams suddenly split themselves in two without warning (there was no warning that Shanahan was on his way out - absolutely none, he was Bowlen's "Coach for Life" who had just put down a huge house in Denver), people are going to be torn.

This franchise has been the model of stability for 30 years. It's only natural that there's going to be some strife when the rug is pulled out from underneath everybody.

Some people landed on their feet, and good for them. Some people, on their heads.

I think Atlas is making the wrong choice, but I still respect the guy for what he brought to this forum over the years. He's a good guy who deserves better than being sniped at by people who have no idea of his merits.

Los Broncos
01-12-2010, 01:53 PM

Lynchmob72, Doomcrew72 and now Iron Clady.

Atlas was a good guy, best of luck to him.

Rohirrim
01-12-2010, 01:53 PM
Hmmmm. I didn't feel bad at all when Reeves got the axe. :rofl:

Taco John
01-12-2010, 01:54 PM
As a Braves fan it was tough for 14 years...unfortunately September and October have been woefully unimportant baseball months for me in recent years.

As a Mariners fan, I can relate. But then the question is, am I douche bandwagon fan when I replace the Mariners hat with a Broncos hat in August just because they're losing? (I mean, other than being a douche in general)

Ah, the pitfalls of being a sports fan.

Taco John
01-12-2010, 01:57 PM
Hmmmm. I didn't feel bad at all when Reeves got the axe. :rofl:

With Reeves, I felt like I had Stockholm Syndrome. I was sympathetic towards the guy, even though I was absolutely fed up with him.

Pony Boy
01-12-2010, 01:58 PM
I would say he was brought in to improve the team. Making the offense worse, and the defense better, didn't seem to get that done. McDaniels area of expertice is the one that regressed the most. The good young players on that side of the ball have regressed. I get you don't find this odd or concerning, but others do.

No, I don't think it's odd but I think he made a mistake in not making all the changes in players and coaches from the get go. We would still be 8-8 but with a win-loss flip-flop and we would be ahead of the curve right now. It was a rookie mistake. Shanahan made the same mistake his first year at Oakland but won't with the Skins. I'm on record with being ok with the 8-8 but will not be happy if we don't make the playoffs next year.

I was sitting in the stands when Morton was throwing to Moses so this isn't my first rodeo

Taco John
01-12-2010, 01:58 PM
As a Mariners fan, I can relate. But then the question is, am I douche bandwagon fan when I replace the Mariners hat with a Broncos hat in August just because they're losing? (I mean, other than being a douche in general)

Of course, as far as that goes, I'm a Broncos fan first in any instance. So I don't ever feel bad about replacing the Mariners hat with a Broncos hat. But it's a fun discussion.

Rohirrim
01-12-2010, 01:59 PM
With Reeves, I felt like I had Stockholm Syndrome. I was sympathetic towards the guy, even though I was absolutely fed up with him.

I didn't have the money to keep buying TVs.

That Tommy Maddox thing was the last straw.

TailgateNut
01-12-2010, 01:59 PM
This response to his "acceptance request is funny as hell.

"No offense to you OP, but if all it takes for you to switch allegiances to a team is a coaching change...then you aren't going to last very long as a Skins fan at all."

Godd ridance to anyone who turns into a chameleon.

RaiderH8r
01-12-2010, 02:00 PM

Unequivicolly no. I wear my teams' hats based on season and I have no problem sporting a Blackhawks hat in the rotation during seasonal overlaps, same goes for the Braves. Used to be a Sonics fan but....well....

Admittedly my Broncos hats get way more of their share of wear but I have no compunction about wearing other sports.

Rohirrim
01-12-2010, 02:00 PM
This response to his "acceptance request is funny as hell.

"No offense to you OP, but if all it takes for you to switch allegiances to a team is a coaching change...then you aren't going to last very long as a Skins fan at all."

Godd ridance to anyone who turns into a chameleon.

It's true. Even the cops don't like a snitch.

Hogan11
01-12-2010, 02:02 PM

For the record, The Seahawks are my brand new fave NFC West team ROFL!

Philly is gonna be my new fave NFC East team (only team there who didn't beat Denver in a SB)

and lessee....uh, I'll take the Saints as my NFC South team (Now I have a playoff team to root for! :thumbs:)

Might have to take the Lions as my fave NFC North team (can't stand any of the other teams there)

Now I just have to pick my new fave AFC North/East & South teams.....

broncocalijohn
01-12-2010, 02:02 PM

and you never have that problem in October. Hope it stays the same for you guys!

Blueflame
01-12-2010, 02:09 PM
Go root for the Vikings. No one here likes to listen to your garbage maybe laugh at it but your act is tiring.

Lots of people here like Mock. If you don't, put him on ignore and the problem is solved. And don't tell me "No it won't because others will quote him" because it was recently posted here that there's a way around that through a Firefox plugin.

Blueflame
01-12-2010, 02:14 PM
you're clueless.

Atlas was a great poster here for six years. He's donated to the site. He's offered people dvds of broncos games - no charge. He developed relationships here, and was a well respected poster.

You have a long ways to go to become half the poster that atlas was around here.

qft

RaiderH8r
01-12-2010, 02:16 PM
Lots of people here like Mock. If you don't, put him on ignore and the problem is solved. And don't tell me "No it won't because others will quote him" because it was recently posted here that there's a way around that through a Firefox plugin.

Mock is great. He's got style. I like style. Even when I think he's posted something utterly brain dead he does it with a style all his own and these boards are always better when they've got some flavor.

broncosteven
01-12-2010, 02:19 PM
I thought Atlas changed his username recently to the other alias he uses on the InteRwebs. I had traded PM's with him only a few weeks back.

If any of you ****ing drama clowns and Superfans knew Atlas outside of this forum you would know what name he changed it to. I am surprised more of his "FRIENDS" don't know what that name is.

The InERNets is a place where you can state your opinion. Atlas always had good takes and a great sense of humor which is more than I can say for any of the MickyD boys.

Taco John
01-12-2010, 02:20 PM
and you never have that problem in October. Hope it stays the same for you guys!

You're an Angel's fan aren't you?

TailgateNut
01-12-2010, 02:23 PM
Mock is great. He's got style. I like style. Even when I think he's posted something utterly brain dead he does it with a style all his own and these boards are always better when they've got some flavor.

Marmaduke has style also! ;D So does Goofy!;D

TonyR
01-12-2010, 02:25 PM
I don't like the decision he's making, but I like Atlas. Simple as that.

You can bash him if you want, but Atlas has been a good friend to the people around here. I have no problems standing up for the guy. Especially to johnny come latelies who didn't know the guy or can even begin to appreciate what he brought to this forum on a daily basis over the years.

We're losing a good poster who is a genuine good guy.

That's all well and good, but I don't know that you need to attack me personally because you're sad about someone leaving. I didn't make anything personal. You need to come to grips with the sources of your personal frustrations and failings and stop making me or anyone else your scapegoat. You can bash me all you want but I don't think your personal observations on who's a good poster and who isn't was really called for in this case. Not at all relevant. Particularly from the board owner and moderator. How is personally attacking someone for their opinion moderating, exactly? Particularly when the attacks were ad hominem? Weaksauce.

Taco John
01-12-2010, 02:29 PM
That's all well and good, but I don't know that you need to attack me personally because you're sad about someone leaving. I didn't make anything personal. You need to come to grips with the sources of your personal frustrations and failings and stop making me or anyone else your scapegoat. You can bash me all you want but I don't think your personal observations on who's a good poster and who isn't was really called for in this case. Not at all relevant. Particularly from the board owner and moderator. How is personally attacking someone for their opinion moderating, exactly? Particularly when the attacks were ad hominem? Weaksauce.

What a hypocrite...

I don't know what's more pathetic and weak, giving up on the team or supporting people who do.

Yeah, you didn't make it personal. You just attacked anyone who spoke up for the guy as an entire group. And then cried like a little kid when someone dared challenge you back.

You know all about weak sauce.

TonyR
01-12-2010, 02:37 PM
Yeah, you didn't make it personal.

Clearly you don't know the difference between personal and general. If you were half as smart as you think you are you'd be dangerous.

Miss I.
01-12-2010, 02:38 PM
For the record, The Seahawks are my brand new fave NFC West team ROFL!

Philly is gonna be my new fave NFC East team (only team there who didn't beat Denver in a SB)

and lessee....uh, I'll take the Saints as my NFC South team (Now I have a playoff team to root for! :thumbs:)

Might have to take the Lions as my fave NFC North team (can't stand any of the other teams there)

Now I just have to pick my new fave AFC North/East & South teams.....

NFC West - Cardinals, I am from AZ and really, up until recently possibly the most underdog type team in the NFL.
NFC East None, don't like any of them, can't do it.
NFC South - Saints (evidently got a whole underdog thing going on)
NFC North - Vikings (I like AP and I like Jarrod Allen and they are also without a ring and unlike the Chuggers I hope they get one someday as long as it isn't against us).

AFC West - Well Duh...Going with Denver Broncos for $1000 Alex.
AFC East - Dolphins or anyone that can beat the Patriots
AFC South -Houston Texans just got to root for that underdog team, though I do like Peyton Manning a lot (cope...the man has skills and I find that very cool) and my friend lives in Indy...still got to go with the Texans and Kubiak
AFC North - Pittsburgh Steelers, what can I say, they were very popular in my area of LA growing up, plus I like smash mouth football and Big Ben is just I can't explain it, I just like him.

And I like Atlas and I can't believe this thread has gone on this long.:wave:

theAPAOps5
01-12-2010, 02:42 PM
I am sad if Atlas did in fact drop a team over a coach or a player. He is a passionate guy and had passionate feelings about this team and the direction it took. Maybe the anger will subside or maybe it won't.

But this I know, the guy is a damn fine person. He did a lot for fans, you wanted to rewatch a game he had it, if you were new to the site he was the first to welcome you with a user note. He had fine looking women in his Avy.

Fact is nothing he does regarding his allegiance to a team in a sport that is entertainment will never change the fact that he is a great person.

ColoradoDarin
01-12-2010, 02:45 PM
Atlas is a gutless drunk. :)

Eh. He was a good poster, gave me 2 out of my first 3 Reps years ago. Hope he finds happiness as a 'skins fan.

worm
01-12-2010, 02:47 PM
NFC West - Cardinals, I am from AZ and really, up until recently possibly the most underdog type team in the NFL.
NFC East None, don't like any of them, can't do it.
NFC South - Saints (evidently got a whole underdog thing going on)
NFC North - Vikings (I like AP and I like Jarrod Allen and they are also without a ring and unlike the Chuggers I hope they get one someday as long as it isn't against us).

AFC West - Well Duh...Going with Denver Broncos for $1000 Alex.
AFC East - Dolphins or anyone that can beat the Patriots
AFC South -Houston Texans just got to root for that underdog team, though I do like Peyton Manning a lot (cope...the man has skills and I find that very cool) and my friend lives in Indy...still got to go with the Texans and Kubiak
AFC North - Pittsburgh Steelers, what can I say, they were very popular in my area of LA growing up, plus I like smash mouth football and Big Ben is just I can't explain it, I just like him.

MOG! Please deduct 29 1\2 True Fan Points from your total.

Pony Boy
01-12-2010, 02:50 PM
I didn't have the money to keep buying TVs.

That Tommy Maddox thing was the last straw.

For me it was Gerald Willhite up the middle for no gain on every 1st down play.

Blueflame
01-12-2010, 02:53 PM
What some seem to be missing here is... Atlas was here on the Mane for years. He made a lot of friends in the OM community. And those friends are going to defend him when the mob mentality takes over and he's being ruthlessly bashed. The speed and severity with which everyone turned on him is... stunning and dismaying to me.

So maybe he is a Redskins fan now... he's still a good guy and my friend. And a knowledgeable fan of the sport we're all here to discuss.

Miss I.
01-12-2010, 02:58 PM
MOG! Please deduct 29 1\2 True Fan Points from your total.

well that hurt my feelings.
Sorry my ops suck, must be a bad Bronco fan. ;D

worm
01-12-2010, 03:00 PM
If somebody chooses that they can't follow the Broncos while a Travis Henry type is on the team....or a coach they despise is leading the team. So be it. Atlas will be back when Josh is gone. He drew a line in the sand that we all probably have. His tipping point is just much sooner than you True Fans.

I have much weaker moral fortitude than Atlas...so these points in time where it is unclear (to me) that we are headed in the right direction with the right leadership...don't bother me nearly as much.

Give me beer and Bronco football and I am happy.

Atlas will be back when Josh leaves....or when Josh proves him wrong.

TailgateNut
01-12-2010, 03:00 PM
What some seem to be missing here is... Atlas was here on the Mane for years. He made a lot of friends in the OM community. And those friends are going to defend him when the mob mentality takes over and he's being ruthlessly bashed. The speed and severity with which everyone turned on him is... stunning and dismaying to me.

So maybe he is a Redskins fan now... he's still a good guy and my friend. And a knowledgeable fan of the sport we're all here to discuss.

What did you expect. Anytime someone voices a difference of opinion the "Fan Card" get pulled and displayed. Now we have a member who was supposed to be a Bronco Fan and has dropped his membership to that exclusive club to become a Deadskin fan because of mgt/ personell changes.

It's something many of us cannot fathom. Akin to a vegetarian "piggin' out" at a pig roast!
Just doesn't make sense.

worm
01-12-2010, 03:01 PM
well that hurt my feelings.
Sorry my ops suck, must be a bad Bronco fan. ;D

Spending time in KC...now this.

The only thing you got right was your NFC South team.

For that....you get to add back 12 True Fan points.

tsiguy96
01-12-2010, 03:03 PM

that doesnt change the fact that when he perceived the team being in absolute dismay, he quit to move to a place where he thinks they will be winners, back to what he knows, which is shanahan. that in my opinion deserves to be relentlessly bashed. who cares what he did in the past, right now hes saying **** the broncos, but we should let it pass because he used to be a good poster here (and i say used to because if you saw his offseason jay cutler rants, youd know waht i mean)?

Miss I.
01-12-2010, 03:06 PM
Spending time in KC...now this.

The only thing you got right was your NFC South team.

For that....you get to add back 12 True Fan points.

Well, you did mention it, I did live in KC...you guys should count yourself lucky I am still walking upright and don't have a mullet...still, you did make me cry and I have to go now....:Whaaaa!::vermeil::'(

broncocalijohn
01-12-2010, 03:08 PM
So we have come to the conclusion that while Atlas is a personally a real great guy, he left his team based on a coach. He actually gave up his allegiance to the Broncos. That is the part that is disturbing. Nothing can take away his kindness. But we didnt take away his fancard; he ripped it up and threw it away.

TailgateNut
01-12-2010, 03:09 PM
So we have come to the conclusion that while Atlas is a personally a real great guy, he left his team based on a coach. He actually gave up his allegiance to the Broncos. That is the part that is disturbing. Nothing can take away his kindness. But we didnt take away his fancard; he ripped it up and threw it away.

....all the rest is excess ink.....

Blueflame
01-12-2010, 03:10 PM
What did you expect. Anytime someone voices a difference of opinion the "Fan Card" get pulled and displayed. Now we have a member who was supposed to be a Bronco Fan and has dropped his membership to that exclusive club to become a Deadskin fan because of mgt/ personell changes.

It's something many of us cannot fathom. Akin to a vegetarian "piggin' out" at a pig roast!
Just doesn't make sense.

that doesnt change the fact that when he perceived the team being in absolute dismay, he quit to move to a place where he thinks they will be winners, back to what he knows, which is shanahan. that in my opinion deserves to be relentlessly bashed. who cares what he did in the past, right now hes saying **** the broncos, but we should let it pass because he used to be a good poster here (and i say used to because if you saw his offseason jay cutler rants, youd know waht i mean)?

While he chose a different means of communicating his displeasure with some of the Broncos' management's recent decisions than I would have... it is his right to choose which team he'll support with his hard-earned fan dollars. I'm disappointed and don't fully understand it either, but it still doesn't make him the Antichrist. And if I encountered him at a Broncos-Redskins tailgate, I'd still buy Atlas a beer (because he's still my friend).

tsiguy96
01-12-2010, 03:12 PM
While he chose a different means of communicating his displeasure with some of the Broncos' management's recent decisions than I would have... it is his right to choose which team he'll support with his hard-earned fan dollars. I'm disappointed and don't fully understand it either, but it still doesn't make him the Antichrist. And if I encountered him at a Broncos-Redskins tailgate, I'd still buy Atlas a beer (because he's still my friend).

fans dont CHOOSE which teams to support, it doesnt work that way. you are either with a team for life or youre not a fan, youre a bandwagoner. if i saw him at a broncos-redskins game id laugh at him for being weak minded.

Miss I.

Hmmmm, sausage balls...yummy...;D

Rohirrim

You're such a girl. :-*

TailgateNut
01-12-2010, 03:13 PM

To be totally honest, I'd be more inclined to buy the Hoggettes a beer (actually have when they visited the last time) than to buy a "turncoat" a beer.

Everyone has opinions, and yes, I know..........................

TheDave
01-12-2010, 03:14 PM
fans dont CHOOSE which teams to support, it doesnt work that way. you are either with a team for life or youre not a fan, youre a bandwagoner. if i saw him at a broncos-redskins game id laugh at him for being weak minded.

Says the guy who became a fan in 2004... Sorry bro, but as usual, you are the last one that should be talking on this subject.

Miss I.
01-12-2010, 03:15 PM
http://img.foodnetwork.com/FOOD/2006/06/05/mo0707_spicy_sausage_lg.jpg

I love me some spicy italian sausage...hmmm, hmmm, good. ;D

broncocalijohn
01-12-2010, 03:16 PM
....all the rest is excess ink.....

I tend to babble.

He is the antichrist only if he went to the other AFC West division teams. If I saw him at a tailgate, I would drink a beer with him, but I would need to point at him every 10 minutes, shake my head and just laugh. That would probably be one tailgate that TGN would not be giving someone free anything except what sticks to the pan or drops on the floor.

tsiguy96
01-12-2010, 03:16 PM
Says the guy who became a fan in 2004... Sorry bro, but as usual, you are the last one that should be talking on this subject.

i never said i became a fan in 2004 jackass, i was at home watching the broncos super bowls like everyone else. except i was like 12 years old at the time. i said i got hardcore into following the broncos every move around taht time.

Blueflame
01-12-2010, 03:17 PM
You're such a girl. :-*

LOL T'is one of the things you love about me.... ;)

Ah, but they do choose, Tsiguy... they choose whether or not to pull out the ol' wallet for any given merchandise or game tickets or whatever. And the initial choice of which team to follow is always up to the fan.

TheDave
01-12-2010, 03:17 PM
i never said i became a fan in 2004 jackass, i was at home watching the broncos super bowls like everyone else. except i was like 12 years old at the time. i said i got hardcore into following the broncos every move around taht time.

Sure...

Blueflame
01-12-2010, 03:21 PM
To be totally honest, I'd be more inclined to buy the Hoggettes a beer (actually have when they visited the last time) than to buy a "turncoat" a beer.

Everyone has opinions, and yes, I know..........................

What can I say... in Denver at tailgate parties, it's all about buying everyone a beer. :sunshine:

He is the antichrist only if he went to the other AFC West division teams. If I saw him at a tailgate, I would drink a beer with him, but I would need to point at him every 10 minutes, shake my head and just laugh. That would probably be one tailgate that TGN would not be giving someone free anything except what sticks to the pan or drops on the floor.

Going to another AFC West team's fanbase would indeed be blasphemy....

Miss I.
01-12-2010, 03:21 PM
G.damnit...now I have to post it...bastages...;D

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dsKO_r76kfQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dsKO_r76kfQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

:twokisses:twokisses:peace::-*

broncocalijohn
01-12-2010, 03:25 PM
what Broncosteven or another close friend needs to do is call or PM him and have him come in and explain his Bendict Arnold behavior. I would love to hear it from himself.

TheDave
01-12-2010, 03:26 PM
Wonder if this changes his opinion of Timmy Smith?

Miss I.
01-12-2010, 03:28 PM
what Broncosteven or another close friend needs to do is call or PM him and have him come in and explain his Bendict Arnold behavior. I would love to hear it from himself.

HOLY BEJEEZUS! He left a team, assuming that is even him to begin with, he didn't f-in sell his country out for oil or something.

This is a bulletin board, not his damn family, he doesn't owe any of us anything.

Rohirrim
01-12-2010, 03:30 PM
Atlas will be back. He'll look around at all those dopes in pig snouts and old ladies gardening bonnets and go, "Man! I've made a horrible mistake. Where's all my old buddies in their yellow and brown striped socks? This is the franchise of Joe Theisman, for chrissakes! It's almost the same color as the ****ing Chiefs! Arrrrrrrgh! And oh no, it's Slowik!!!!!"

He'll be back.

Atwater His Ass
01-12-2010, 03:30 PM

roflskates

Rohirrim
01-12-2010, 03:34 PM

That created a sharp pain in one of my memory banks.

Karma is a bitch. Didn't TS end up in the federal pen right here in Denver?

Taco John
01-12-2010, 03:42 PM

Man, oh man... The Orange Mane never forgets.

broncocalijohn
01-12-2010, 03:46 PM
HOLY BEJEEZUS! He left a team, assuming that is even him to begin with, he didn't f-in sell his country out for oil or something.

This is a bulletin board, not his damn family, he doesn't owe any of us anything.

What the hell is your problem? I just said I wish he would come and answer some of the questions we have been posting like How can he leave the Broncos? Is it because he likes Shanny better than the team? etc. You make it sound like I want the WW2 hearings all over again with him. CHill out and stop popping the food on two different threads where it doesnt belong. Food jacking is precise and should be done at the correct time. You missed that class in OM etiquitte.

broncocalijohn
01-12-2010, 03:47 PM

well, if we see him wearing that Super Bowl shirt, than we know he erased his memory and watched that SB on dvd until it was blasted into his brain that his team won.

elsid13
01-12-2010, 03:47 PM
Hey theDAVE

You just moved up one more spot in the SuperFan list. The way this is going you should be BFF with TSIgay in no time

Meck77
01-12-2010, 03:49 PM
Well at least the dude finally admitted he's a Bronco hater. I mean really. You can only voice your hate so much and call yourself a fan. Props to him for being honest.

Bronx33
01-12-2010, 03:57 PM
damn thats a damn shame but hes getting zero sympathy from me switching teams is just lame.

The Joker
01-12-2010, 04:10 PM
Atlas always seemed a good poster who knew his stuff.

That said, switching teams is pretty much the lowest of the low for any sports fan.

I hope it's someone posting under his name as a joke, because it'd be a shame to see a seemingly good guy and Bronco fan make this kind of move.

rbackfactory80
01-12-2010, 04:11 PM
To bad. Atlas seemed like a pretty good guy. Its his right though.

Bronx33
01-12-2010, 04:13 PM
I wonder what he does if shanahan craps the bed over there? maybe the chargers have some room for another part timer?

loborugger
01-12-2010, 04:13 PM
I can understand some loyalty to Shanny. I get that, I feel some of it. I will watch the Skins with interest this year and wish them well.

But what happens when Shanny retires? Who do you root for then? Better, what happens if Shanny falls flat on his face? And lets face it, its a distinct possibility... Norv's done better elsewhere, same with Shottenfooter, Gibbs was better the first time around. Shanny may not be walking outta there 3 years from now 12 and 36 record, but he could be leaving there in 3/4 years with a .500 or so record. And then what do you do? Shanny's legacy is in Denver. He won in Denver. He has rings from Denver. Its like becoming a Rams fan cuz you followed Joe Namath there after his time with the Jets. At that point, you are just adrift.

Bronx33
01-12-2010, 04:15 PM
To bad. Atlas seemed like a pretty good guy. Its his right though.

you DON'T switch teams when times get tough! ( it's FAN law!)

tsiguy96
01-12-2010, 04:22 PM
I can understand some loyalty to Shanny. I get that, I feel some of it. I will watch the Skins with interest this year and wish them well.

But what happens when Shanny retires? Who do you root for then? Better, what happens if Shanny falls flat on his face? And lets face it, its a distinct possibility... Norv's done better elsewhere, same with Shottenfooter, Gibbs was better the first time around. Shanny may not be walking outta there 3 years from now 12 and 36 record, but he could be leaving there in 3/4 years with a .500 or so record. And then what do you do? Shanny's legacy is in Denver. He won in Denver. He has rings from Denver. Its like becoming a Rams fan cuz you followed Joe Namath there after his time with the Jets. At that point, you are just adrift.

you saw the same thing with favre vs packers. a lot of people became jets and then vikings fans. they were never true fans of teh team to begin with, and thats ok, just dont claim to be then change your mind.

Meck77
01-12-2010, 04:25 PM
you DON'T switch teams

Yeah that's like waking up one morning and saying to yourself. "The Bronco cheerleaders just aren't hot to me anymore. I need to get me some stinky harry man bunghole. Yummy!". You just don't swith teams!

Bronx33
01-12-2010, 04:29 PM
you're dead to us atlas..

broncocalijohn
01-12-2010, 04:29 PM
It is going to be fun to see all the Shanny disciples clinging on to him even if he changes coaches, QBs, etc and fails the first year. They will be the first to say, "hey, give him a few years. He is changing the schemes." Guarantee you some hypocrites are coming.

tsiguy96
01-12-2010, 04:34 PM
It is going to be fun to see all the Shanny disciples clinging on to him even if he changes coaches, QBs, etc and fails the first year. They will be the first to say, "hey, give him a few years. He is changing the schemes." Guarantee you some hypocrites are coming.

haha, you KNOW that is coming. then they will talk about how their talent sucks. yea right, they have far more talent on D than us and their o needs work. but an 8 win season will be written off as a learning season by the same fans calling for mcd's head, but hey they are "unbiased"

rbackfactory80
01-12-2010, 04:37 PM

Apparently some do and have.

Popps
01-12-2010, 04:48 PM
Well at least the dude finally admitted he's a Bronco hater. I mean really. You can only voice your hate so much and call yourself a fan. Props to him for being honest.

Agree. Like I said... hopefully it opens the door for a few others to jump ship.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_vfqDoDZSiRc/SslXjo22_WI/AAAAAAAAA0o/H2MoxJSCMo4/s400/take+out+trash.jpg

Circle Orange
01-12-2010, 06:07 PM
Was checking out the reaction to the bobby turner news and ran into a familiar name... Please tell me this isn't him.

Or is this possibly some form of Travishamockery?

http://extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=315199

Not a bad thing, I think...that's the local team in my neck of the woods. :sunshine:

broncosteven
01-12-2010, 06:58 PM

Personally he has nothing to explain to me he still lurks, I am guessing if he has to throw an Oprah ending on this thread to make everyone feel good he will post.

The thing that really cracks me up is that if you actually follow the link and read any of his posts it appears that he is doing more Travelshamockery than turncoating. Did you see the post where he asks which players to root for? Pure fan base trolling at it's finest.

The poster Timmy Smith cracks me up. He must be a big deal over there.

SoCalBronco
01-12-2010, 07:00 PM

He doesn't owe anyone anything.

broncocalijohn
01-12-2010, 07:00 PM
Personally he has nothing to explain to me he still lurks, I am guessing if he has to throw an Oprah ending on this thread to make everyone feel good he will post.

The thing that really cracks me up is that if you actually follow the link and read any of his posts it appears that he is doing more Travelshamockery than turncoating. Did you see the post where he asks which players to root for? Pure fan base trolling at it's finest.

god I hope you are correct and he is going for a laugh. But when you havent heard from here much, it leads you to believe he fell off the deep end.

broncocalijohn
01-12-2010, 07:01 PM
Plus, all posters that leave start a thread and explain in detail why they are leaving.

gunns
01-12-2010, 07:06 PM

Yeah and unfortunately we're left with posters like you. You wish you had the passion for the Broncos that Atlas has. Your primary passion of late is to dog on everyone for their point, it's either you and Tsi's way or you're not a real fan.

Being a "true" fan is in each person's heart, the emotional investment in a team. It's something each of us does on our own, something that isn't seen on a message board, something you and Tsi cannot and are given no right to evaluate. It's something that someone does not have to profess on a message board, it just is. But at times you can tell from their posting the passion that they hold. Never have gotten that from you or Tsi. Doesn't mean you aren't a "true" fan, it just means you are to damn busy calling everyone else out that I wonder if you have that passion. And IMO, Atlas is a true Bronco fan and I wish he was here so that the intelligence posting would rise above what we are having to endure with you and Tsi.

Amen.

broncosteven
01-12-2010, 07:09 PM
yeah and unfortunately we're left with posters like you. You wish you had the passion for the broncos that atlas has. Your primary passion of late is to dog on everyone for their point, it's either you and tsi's way or you're not a real fan.

Being a "true" fan is in each person's heart, the emotional investment in a team. It's something each of us does on our own, something that isn't seen on a message board, something you and tsi cannot and are given no right to evaluate. It's something that someone does not have to profess on a message board, it just is. But at times you can tell from their posting the passion that they hold. Never have gotten that from you or tsi. Doesn't mean you aren't a "true" fan, it just means you are to damn busy calling everyone else out that i wonder if you have that passion. And imo, atlas is a true bronco fan and i wish he was here so that the intelligence posting would rise above what we are having to endure with you and tsi.

repity rep rep!

tsiguy96
01-12-2010, 07:09 PM
Yeah and unfortunately we're left with posters like you. You wish you had the passion for the Broncos that Atlas has. Your primary passion of late is to dog on everyone for their point, it's either you and Tsi's way or you're not a real fan.

Being a "true" fan is in each person's heart, the emotional investment in a team. It's something each of us does on our own, something that isn't seen on a message board, something you and Tsi cannot and are given no right to evaluate. It's something that someone does not have to profess on a message board, it just is. But at times you can tell from their posting the passion that they hold. Never have gotten that from you or Tsi. Doesn't mean you aren't a "true" fan, it just means you are to damn busy calling everyone else out that I wonder if you have that passion. And IMO, Atlas is a true Bronco fan and I wish he was here so that the intelligence posting would rise above what we are having to endure with you and Tsi.

sure about that?

tsiguy96
01-12-2010, 07:12 PM
anyway gunns, i love how you generalize every post i make as yelling at people for criticizing mcd, which is ridiculous. he deserves his fair share of criticism, but at the same time people need to realize several things: he has done a lot of good for this team, the team DOES have a chance to be successful, mcd is not a total retard, he is very aware of the mistakes he has made, watch his season ending presser if you dont believe it.

constant posting about how he has destroyed this team and there is no chance etc etc is the thing that bugs me and everyone else. in fact, go read 99% of rasta or bpc's quotes, and you will understand. they dont fairly criticize or discuss football, they bitch and moan and complain and call everyone who disagrees a blind idiot homer for not being realistic.

gunns
01-12-2010, 07:23 PM
anyway gunns, i love how you generalize every post i make as yelling at people for criticizing mcd, which is ridiculous. he deserves his fair share of criticism, but at the same time people need to realize several things: he has done a lot of good for this team, the team DOES have a chance to be successful, mcd is not a total retard, he is very aware of the mistakes he has made, watch his season ending presser if you dont believe it.

constant posting about how he has destroyed this team and there is no chance etc etc is the thing that bugs me and everyone else. in fact, go read 99% of rasta or bpc's quotes, and you will understand. they dont fairly criticize or discuss football, they b**** and moan and complain and call everyone who disagrees a blind idiot homer for not being realistic.

Glad you love it. Reread what I posted because you obviously didn't get it.

55CrushEm
01-12-2010, 07:24 PM

Yep.....fairweather fans.....f 'em. Although 24-24 under the last three years with a defense getting worse each year was somehow ok with the McD haters.....

When we start making the playoffs again....just stay with the Deadskins'....'k Atlas?

tsiguy96
01-12-2010, 07:25 PM
Glad you love it. Reread what I posted because you obviously didn't get it.

yea i do. now try re-reading what i wrote, and you will understand that constant bitching whining and crying about how bad mcd sucks is idiotic to say the least.

Ratboy
01-12-2010, 07:37 PM
I laughed.

gunns
01-12-2010, 07:37 PM
yea i do. now try re-reading what i wrote, and you will understand that constant b****ing whining and crying about how bad mcd sucks is idiotic to say the least.

Unfortunately for you, it's all you seem to care about anymore. Why do you care so much? Just keep promoting McD. Your whining and bitching about those whining and bitching is just as annoying and idiotic....to say the least.

Popps
01-12-2010, 07:41 PM
Yeah and unfortunately we're left with posters like you. You wish you had the passion for the Broncos that Atlas has. .

Yea, I wish I could piss my pants and quit on the team when a first year coach finishes .500. Oh, you know... like Mike Shanahan.

We should all have so much "passion" in our hearts that we stop being fans over a knee-jerk reaction.

Quitters are generally equated with great "passion."

Nice post, bro.

tsiguy96
01-12-2010, 07:41 PM
Unfortunately for you, it's all you seem to care about anymore. Why do you care so much? Just keep promoting McD. Your whining and b****ing about those whining and b****ing is just as annoying and idiotic....to say the least.

im not promoting ****, i dont need to, regardless of what you or i ever say he will be here for the next 2 years at a minimum. so that begs the question, why is there people here constantly trying to get us to believe that he is the worst coach in teh NFL and has destroyed this franchise and has done NOTHING correct in his first year as head coach? why do they feel the need to come here and try and detract from actual football discussion with useless "what a ****ing retard idiot moron of a coach he is" without any actual substance, and what substance they DO try to provide is completely out of context or just flat oout wrong. but taht doesnt matter, as long as they get to keep crying, thats all that matters.

gunns
01-12-2010, 07:45 PM

Yea, I wish I could piss my pants and quit on the team when a first year coach finishes .500. Oh, you know... like Mike Shanahan.

We should all have so much "passion" in our hearts that we stop being fans over a knee-jerk reaction.

Quitters are generally equated with great "passion."

Nice post, bro.

You would believe it, it fits you so that you can continue your posts, unfortunately for the rest of us. Sorry I can't say nice post to you, haven't been able to for quite a while.

gunns
01-12-2010, 07:48 PM
im not promoting ****, i dont need to, regardless of what you or i ever say he will be here for the next 2 years at a minimum. so that begs the question, why is there people here constantly trying to get us to believe that he is the worst coach in teh NFL and has destroyed this franchise and has done NOTHING correct in his first year as head coach? why do they feel the need to come here and try and detract from actual football discussion with useless "what a ****ing retard idiot moron of a coach he is" without any actual substance, and what substance they DO try to provide is completely out of context or just flat oout wrong. but taht doesnt matter, as long as they get to keep crying, thats all that matters.

OMG, you and Popps are unreal. You two are addicted. I don't think rehab would even help. Go for it dude, it's what you're good at.

tsiguy96
01-12-2010, 07:52 PM
OMG, you and Popps are unreal. You two are addicted. I don't think rehab would even help. Go for it dude, it's what you're good at.

explain to me how my logic is wrong in that people do not need to come here and constantly bitch, but your logic that its ok for people to come and try to destroy any sort of football conversation by turning everything into why mcdaniels sucks is ok?

example:
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=2715221&postcount=39

Killericon
01-12-2010, 09:15 PM
He doesn't owe anyone anything.

None of us owe anything to anyone. It's football, guys.

Lev Vyvanse
01-12-2010, 09:21 PM
none of us owe anything to anyone. It's football, guys.

+1

AtIas
01-12-2010, 09:52 PM
Hey guys,

yeah it's true. i can't support the broncos any more. My real allegiance is and always will be to Shanny. See ya around the bend...

Your friend,
Traitor