PDA

View Full Version : Another Marshall thought

OBF1
01-11-2010, 09:38 PM
If Seattle would give us both of their 1st round picks for Brandon Marshall, Do we do it???

Do we hold out and ask for more or do we just maybe keep him or just let him walk. I know we have not covered the whole Marshall thing at all over the past few months so I thought I would give us something new to discuss.

Flame away :thumbsup:

Pseudofool
01-11-2010, 09:39 PM
10,0000 post rule? Of course we do it; there's no question.

OBF1
01-11-2010, 09:40 PM
thank god I have wasted more of my life than that silly 10,000 post rule :)

azbroncfan
01-11-2010, 09:46 PM
Heck no why would we do that?

kappys
01-11-2010, 09:50 PM
If Seattle would give us both of their 1st round picks for Brandon Marshall, Do we do it???

Do we hold out and ask for more or do we just maybe keep him or just let him walk. I know we have not covered the whole Marshall thing at all over the past few months so I thought I would give us something new to discuss.

I wouldn't do it unless they also threw in a 2011 1st and maybe a 3rd.

We could offer them Darrel Reid to sweeten the pot.

DivineLegion
01-11-2010, 10:03 PM
Price (3-4 DE), McClain (ILB), Iupati (G). I would cry!

BroncoMatt
01-11-2010, 10:11 PM
we might have to throw in a 6th to make it equal, then hell yes do the trade

Taco John
01-11-2010, 10:11 PM
If we swing Iupati, I'll cry too.

tsiguy96
01-11-2010, 10:15 PM
reading about guards and centers, the draft sites suck because they dont take into account the juniors who are entering the draft.

DivineLegion
01-11-2010, 10:21 PM
It would apease the almighty FONECO if we drafted a guard in the first round. We are going to need the football gods next season, I saw it in a dream.

OBF1
01-11-2010, 11:01 PM
Pouncy from Florida declared today, He is the top center in the SEC, 6'-5" 318lbs... Could be a fine replacement.

Paladin
01-11-2010, 11:10 PM
Now that's what I'm talking about.....

Screw it. Take the kid from Idaho at 11 and this kid Pouncy when your can get him, trade up for him of necessary. That is a big mother***** middle of the Oline. Drive blocking anyone?....

Florida_Bronco
01-11-2010, 11:11 PM
If ANYBODY offers us two first rounders for Brandon, do that all day. We'll even let them pick the lubricant of choice.

Bronco Yoda
01-11-2010, 11:13 PM
Who's the best Center for us? Go for him...

montrose
01-11-2010, 11:14 PM
As much as I love the guy, I'd deal Brandon to Seattle for two 1sts. No way in hell it happens, but if it was offered - I'd do it.

tsiguy96
01-11-2010, 11:21 PM
if you could spend our first and 2nd round picks on interior OL, would you do it? imagine that, especially if kuper returns to 08 form...

azbroncfan
01-11-2010, 11:23 PM
if you could spend our first and 2nd round picks on interior OL, would you do it? imagine that, especially if kuper returns to 08 form...

Only if we traded back for the 1 st rounder. I would love to add two interior OL but I want an impact player on D at 10.

Florida_Bronco
01-11-2010, 11:27 PM
Only if we traded back for the 1 st rounder. I would love to add two interior OL but I want an impact player on D at 10.

I agree. There are very, very few interior linemen worth 1st round investment.

tsiguy96
01-11-2010, 11:46 PM

true. if we traded back to 18-22 and picked up a 2nd or 3rd and drafted two interior oline, that would be sick. may not need two if we pick up a good G in FA though.

cutthemdown
01-11-2010, 11:51 PM
You won't even get 1 first round pick for Marshal. No teams will be lining up to not only sign Marshal to a deal he likes, but also give a 1 and 3rd round pick etc etc.

brother love
01-12-2010, 03:16 AM
We wouldn't do this . No way would the organization pay for five 1st round picks in a two year span. The idea is good but financially I don't think they'd do it.

watermock
01-12-2010, 03:37 AM
If ANYBODY offers us two first rounders for Brandon, do that all day. We'll even let them pick the lubricant of choice.

Please. We won't get a 1st and 3rd. We will tender and trade.

watermock
01-12-2010, 03:39 AM
You don't spend firsts for centers or guards.

Jesus Christ, are you retarded?

Broncoman13
01-12-2010, 06:38 AM

No way in hell they would do that, that's the problem.... but if they did offer that, yeah you jump all over it. ALL OVER IT. Hell, you even throw in McD if you have to. :)

watermock
01-12-2010, 06:44 AM
HA!

Too bad Carroll can't draft those LB's now. He's got 1 left i think..

Broncoman13
01-12-2010, 06:48 AM
You don't spend firsts for centers or guards.

Jesus Christ, are you retarded?

I would... I'd even consider taking the Seahawks first and second round picks and addressing those two positions with two of the first three picks. Get that kid from Idaho, Iupti. How can you question what some of the dominant lines have produced. Look at the Jets OL. Woody, Mangold, Faneca, D'Brickashaw were all first round picks. Three of the four are on their way to the probowl and Thomas Jones just ran for another 1200 yards... at 32.

You can look at the Vikes too. They built their OL about 4 years ago and add pieces to it here and there... like Loadholdt this year.

Perhaps the best answer is to find one of these higher tackle selections that hasn't panned out and move him inside to guard. See if you can recapture the magic of Leonard Davis. Good things can happen to a tackle when you move him inside and pair him with a good center and a good tackle. We'll have the good tackle but Center will likely need to be addressed as well.

I'm convinced that the OL needs two new pieces and depending on whether Kupe stays or not (doubtful at this point, I think Shanny will try to pluck him away) we may need three new pieces. Get one through FA/RFA and then draft two.

watermock
01-12-2010, 06:54 AM
I'll bite on that....

Broncoman13
01-12-2010, 07:01 AM
Here is the other thing to consider with the Seahawks. They are coming off a terrible season. Their QB looks like his best days are over. They need help at multiple positions along the OL. Their DL is old and they need two players in the secondary. They have good LBs and I think their WRs corps is stronger than most believe. So, with that many holes, why would you give up multiple picks for a headcase WR? You're trying to build a team and instill your MO. There are going to be some growing pains, you think a player with any attitude is a good idea? I think it's much more likely that Pete Carroll keeps those picks and goes with a LT early and one of the top tier safeties, either Earl Thomas or his own Taylor Mays. He could also decide to address the QB position, but I think he'll wait for the 2nd round to do that. Colt McCoy, Pike, Snead, LeFevour... there will be plenty of options in the 2nd round.

barryr
01-12-2010, 07:17 AM
Seattle wouldn't offer that, but if they decided to be dumb, jump on that one before they come to their senses.

RhymesayersDU
01-12-2010, 07:20 AM
Go ahead and dream/waste your time.

It's fun, ain't it?