PDA

View Full Version : you can get a 1st and 4th for marshall, do you do it?

tsiguy96
01-11-2010, 07:10 PM
do you pull the trigger? what if it was just a 1st? or we get a 1st and give up a 4th?

Popps
01-11-2010, 07:14 PM
A 1st and a 4th? At this stage, I run... not walk to take that deal.

Now, that's provided he doesn't want to be here... and it sure seems that way.

ayjackson
01-11-2010, 07:17 PM
If he doesn't want to be here, I take whatever the market will bear.

tsiguy96
01-11-2010, 07:18 PM
i look at the first round talent coming out, we could really use another 1st round pick to help get the team where it needs to be, maybe we can pick up anotehr 2nd to retool the interior OL. realllllly wish we didnt trade for alphonso, hopefully he shows ANYTHING this year.

HooptyHoops
01-11-2010, 07:19 PM
No, you keep Marshall and just pay the man, that is all he wants. Plus, he puts fear in the hearts of Def Coord accross the league. We need him on offense!!

bowtown
01-11-2010, 07:19 PM
If he doesn't want to be here, I take whatever the market will bear.

This. I'd offer him a high money fair contract with some clauses built in. If they turn it down, I pull the trigger early the next morning.

bronco militia
01-11-2010, 07:23 PM
you take that deal in a heartbeat....

IMO, only shanny has the guts [sic] to offer that much

bronco militia
01-11-2010, 07:24 PM
but to add, I don't think shanny gives up the 4th overall pick for BM

that would be nuts

gtown
01-11-2010, 07:26 PM
Marshall is a douche, but I don't think he has anything personal against Denver. I think he just wants his money and probably realizes he would be in the same predicament regardless of what team drafted him years ago. Just pay him.

If Roy Williams goes to the cowboys for more than a first and third at the trade deadline a few years back, we gotta get more for Marshall. Time and again, NFL teams prove that they are willing to take on character risks for Pro Bowl level production. It would take two picks in the top 100 or a 1st and a starter on the OL or DL IMO.

I would rather trade a package of Scheff and Hillis than Marshall.

oubronco
01-11-2010, 07:30 PM

Hell No you pay the mother****er and make him play

broncosteven
01-11-2010, 07:30 PM
do you pull the trigger? what if it was just a 1st? or we get a 1st and give up a 4th?

In Madden you can trade Marshall for a 1st, 3rd and 4th to anyone in the NFL.

Popps
01-11-2010, 07:31 PM
Hell No you pay the mother****er and make him play

But what if it's cold and he doesn't have his fuzzy sweater? He might excuse himself again.

oubronco
01-11-2010, 07:33 PM
Popps all he wants is his money

tsiguy96
01-11-2010, 07:37 PM
In Madden you can trade Marshall for a 1st, 3rd and 4th to anyone in the NFL.

so does that mean we can do it in real life too?

mhgaffney
01-11-2010, 07:38 PM
So, why is BM a douche?

Because you say so?

It looked to me like BM matured a great deal this year. He already holds the NFL record for most catches. Give him a decent QB and he will undoubtedly break the record again.

In fact, he might break his own record every year for the next 3-4 years.

A team would have to be nuts to trade him at this point.

MHG

Popps
01-11-2010, 07:40 PM
Popps all he wants is his money

I know. I just wonder why Doomervil didn't have to pull the circus routine.

All he did was go out and honor his contract and played lights-out all season.

Guess which guy I hope we choose to retain.

Killericon
01-11-2010, 07:40 PM
Not that Brandon Marshall is poor, but I'm scared of him WITH money. Get him the hell out of here.

NYBronco
01-11-2010, 07:41 PM
I'd settle for a first.

gyldenlove
01-11-2010, 07:48 PM
If it is a top 15 pick in the 1st I do it, but if it is a low 1st forget about it.

Killericon
01-11-2010, 07:55 PM
If it is a top 15 pick in the 1st I do it, but if it is a low 1st forget about it.

Man, you guys are delusional. Boldin couldn't get a 1st, why do you guys think we'll even get more than a 2nd for a malcontent WR with no contract who's a strike away from a season suspension?

meangene
01-11-2010, 08:40 PM
I'd trade him for just a first if that was the best we could get and that may well be the case.

DivineLegion
01-11-2010, 08:48 PM
Well to tie this into the elite defense over elite QB discussion...

This is the draft to build an elite Defense with. If we could get another first we could have a top 5 defense for the next 5-6 years if we hit the right holes in this draft. Either that or we could have one of the best offensive lines because we could get that Guard out of Iowa, Iupati.

gyldenlove
01-11-2010, 09:07 PM
Man, you guys are delusional. Boldin couldn't get a 1st, why do you guys think we'll even get more than a 2nd for a malcontent WR with no contract who's a strike away from a season suspension?

Boldin could get a first if the Cardinals ever were willing to trade him. I bet nobody ever bid a 1st rounder on Peyton Manning either, but I bet if the Colts asked they could get one.

tsiguy96
01-11-2010, 09:09 PM
Well to tie this into the elite defense over elite QB discussion...

This is the draft to build an elite Defense with. If we could get another first we could have a top 5 defense for the next 5-6 years if we hit the right holes in this draft. Either that or we could have one of the best offensive lines because we could get that Guard out of Iowa, Iupati.

not iowa, montana i think. just an fyi

Hogan11
01-11-2010, 09:12 PM
I'd trade him for just a first if that was the best we could get and that may well be the case.

This

Ray Finkle
01-11-2010, 09:17 PM
So, why is BM a douche?

Because you say so?

It looked to me like BM matured a great deal this year. He already holds the NFL record for most catches. Give him a decent QB and he will undoubtedly break the record again.

In fact, he might break his own record every year for the next 3-4 years.

A team would have to be nuts to trade him at this point.

MHG

he quit on the team and had Bailey, Orton, and Dawkins begging to have him benched....do you want that type of player on this team?

DivineLegion
01-11-2010, 09:17 PM

Idaho, we were both off...thanks for the heads up.

BMarsh615
01-11-2010, 09:26 PM
If there was no way in hell we could sign him you have to take what you can get. You can't just let him walk away and get nothing for him.

azbroncfan
01-11-2010, 09:31 PM
Boldin could get a first if the Cardinals ever were willing to trade him. I bet nobody ever bid a 1st rounder on Peyton Manning either, but I bet if the Colts asked they could get one.

AZ would of traded him for a first but no one was willing to deal so they kept him.

DBroncos4life
01-11-2010, 09:41 PM

Idaho

Hamrob
01-11-2010, 09:54 PM
I'm a big BMarsh fan...and he is a beast. I would love to see him back with us next year. Even then though, we would need a big speed guy to stretch the field. Marshall is a playmaker...and trading him for a 1 and a 4 is not a good deal. There's no one in the 1st round you could get that would replace him. (best bet Dez Bryant). Without Marshall, you take our biggest playmaker away...from a team with very few playmakers.

That being said, he's going to cost a fortune and he doesn't want to be here. So, if you can't work it out with him...you could take that #1 pick and convert it into a front seven or an all-pro guard prospect. Then pick up a guy in the 2nd or 3rd to help stretch the field. We would then have to get Royal going next season along with Gaffney and we would still need to find a #1 guy sooner then later.

SonOfLe-loLang
01-11-2010, 10:03 PM
Can we just keep him, mom, can we can we?

yerner
01-11-2010, 10:22 PM
No one knows why he didn't play the last week. Its all speculation. All I know is that all the people who want to see Marshall leave must hate watching exciting football plays. Seriously, why do you care what kind of guy he is? Lots of dudes on the team are jerkoffs. He makes games better to watch. I just want to see great players play and there is no guarantee that a draft pick comes close to his value.

montrose
01-11-2010, 11:23 PM
If, and I repeat if, the Broncos do not want Marshall on their team next season - case closed - then a #1 and a #4 would be fine for me. In fact, considering the labor problems and Marshall's history - I'd take a #1 straight up for him. This, again IF the Broncos feel they must rid themselves of him. If not, slap the 1st and 3rd tender on him and he's playing next season at that approx. $3 million salary because I don't see any teams giving up that kind of compensation and providing an offer sheet that would appease him.

fontaine
01-12-2010, 03:57 AM

What you hope is irrelevant. Marshall is a top flite WR in an offense short on the running game and other WRs.

At this point what's best for Denver is to keep difference makers like Marshall/Doom in the team and focus all energies and efforts in building a powerhouse team along the lines.

It would be ok to trade him if Denver had a replacement for his 1000+ yards receiving and a dozen or more TDs.

We don't.

Let him play out another season as an RFA and try to find a replacement for him. THAT way we can still trade him for high value in 2011 (with a franchise tag), AND have a replacement for him.

Trading him now when we still have that option in 2011 and no replacement is only going to hurt this offense further.

watermock
01-12-2010, 04:19 AM
Marshall is gone, and it's a big mistake.

Maybe Dez Bryant is a bust like Rodgers or Mike williams?

Or we draft a Leinart or god, Russell.

1 thing is certain, we are creating more holes than filling them.

sorry, I wish I were more positive.

We have allready seen Moreno, maybe Ayers wakes up.

Nuggies are rollin'

cutthemdown
01-12-2010, 05:41 AM
Hell yes I would. It's not that I don't think he's a great player, it's just that I don't think teams will be lining up to pay him big money and part with 2 valuable draft picks.

cutthemdown
01-12-2010, 05:42 AM
If, and I repeat if, the Broncos do not want Marshall on their team next season - case closed - then a #1 and a #4 would be fine for me. In fact, considering the labor problems and Marshall's history - I'd take a #1 straight up for him. This, again IF the Broncos feel they must rid themselves of him. If not, slap the 1st and 3rd tender on him and he's playing next season at that approx. $3 million salary because I don't see any teams giving up that kind of compensation and providing an offer sheet that would appease him.

Me either. Why not just wait another yr for him to become a UFA? No team wants to give Marshall a big huge deal and part with a 1st round pick.

Drek
01-12-2010, 05:44 AM
AZ would of traded him for a first but no one was willing to deal so they kept him.

How's that?

They where offered the 15th overall pick in the 2008 draft from Washington, rather publicly, and turned it down. Then last year they went into the off-season asking for a 1st and 3rd to start, and most teams just walked away because they didn't see the price becoming reasonable at some point.

Now teams see him as a 12 game per season type of guy, so those 1st round offers are likely not going to show up again. Teams don't give firsts and big salaries to guys who only play 3/4ths of a season.

watermock
01-12-2010, 05:52 AM
Me either. Why not just wait another yr for him to become a UFA? No team wants to give Marshall a big huge deal and part with a 1st round pick.

BM will go ape shiit if he's not dealt.

I honestly thought he was going to strangle McKid rather than hug him.

In a pefect world, we would have all of the 06 class with us.

It's not.

cousinal11
01-12-2010, 06:19 AM

If we waited another year, we would get nothing in return, right?

Plus, he would be a distraction at 3mil/year, don't you think?

barryr
01-12-2010, 06:24 AM
I'd take a 1st rounder and be done with him. Teams generally don't win much with guys like Marshall playing key roles. As someone else pointed out, Dumervil had a contract to play for too, but didn't act stupid about it. With a new coach and front office in place and one of the first things Marshall does to "impress" them was his actions during training camp? Combined with his other off the field issues, the guy is a moron. Pay this guy big money to show up to play when he feels like it? No thanks.

colonelbeef
01-12-2010, 06:29 AM
I would try to keep him first, draft picks are no guarantee. If Marshall was coming out this year, he'd be the #1 overall pick, think about it that way.

watermock
01-12-2010, 06:30 AM
You think Roy Williams is better, or just more stable, or both?

Austin is geting doubled evey play, you figure it out.

watermock
01-12-2010, 06:32 AM
This has nothing to do with Doom, who has gotten a MAJOR boost fo going ouside.

watermock
01-12-2010, 06:34 AM
I would try to keep him first, draft picks are no guarantee. If Marshall was coming out this year, he'd be the #1 overall pick, think about it that way.

Top 10.

Beavis wants him and Scheff gone, that's the way he wants it.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1fuDDqU6n4o&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1fuDDqU6n4o&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

So Beavis will get what he desrves.

Broncoman13
01-12-2010, 06:54 AM
i look at the first round talent coming out, we could really use another 1st round pick to help get the team where it needs to be, maybe we can pick up anotehr 2nd to retool the interior OL. realllllly wish we didnt trade for alphonso, hopefully he shows ANYTHING this year.

After what he said (Basically that the game is too big for him) you have any hope that he'll pan out??? When your HC goes on and on about you during the end of season presser you know it's not good. "We would have gone with a little bigger or faster player", that was directed at Alphonso. When an undrafted Rookie FA is brought up from the PS and plays... in front of you, the writing is on the wall. The Broncos will draft another CB in this draft... Wouldn't be at all surprised to see them go after Arenas in the 2nd/3rd round.

watermock
01-12-2010, 06:58 AM
Our draft sucked.

oubronco
01-12-2010, 07:09 AM

the thing that gets me is you just love Doom and hate on DJ when Doom is more of a liability against the run and I don't think they will break the bank signing Doom either he's a one trick pony, circus or not

jhns
01-12-2010, 07:21 AM
Yes, let's keep giving up all the offensive talent so our Madden playing coach can make more rediculous trades. Sounds good to me! Who needs talent in the NFL anyways?

Beantown Bronco
01-12-2010, 07:47 AM
Me either. Why not just wait another yr for him to become a UFA?

Because then you have to compete with potentially every other team in the league to sign him. Whereas now all you have to do is present him with an offer the Broncos won't match.

kamakazi_kal
01-12-2010, 07:49 AM

He's just like every other single player in the league ...... he wants to be where he will get paid the most.

Beantown Bronco
01-12-2010, 07:51 AM
He's just like every other single player in the league ...... he wants to be where he will get paid the most.

Would I ever leave this company? Look, I'm all about loyalty. In fact, I feel like part of what I'm being paid for here is my loyalty. But if there were somewhere else that valued loyalty more highly, I'm going wherever they value loyalty the most.

kamakazi_kal
01-12-2010, 07:54 AM
he quit on the team and had Bailey, Orton, and Dawkins begging to have him benched....do you want that type of player on this team?

This is not true ..... they asked for accountability and marshall showed up 15 minutes late to his therapy appointment the next day. Nobody specific was mentioned by them ..... if you think they were marsh benched on a possible playoff berth game your crazy.

Rohirrim
01-12-2010, 07:54 AM
I hate trading known quantities for unknown, which is what all draft picks are. It depends on where the coaches think Marshall is at and whether he wants to sign a contract here. I'm sure what he'll do first is send his agent out to see how much money is out there waiting for him, like anybody would do. Marshall might not have done himself any favors with the hammy episode.

kamakazi_kal
01-12-2010, 08:06 AM
Would I ever leave this company? Look, I'm all about loyalty. In fact, I feel like part of what I'm being paid for here is my loyalty. But if there were somewhere else that valued loyalty more highly, I'm going wherever they value loyalty the most.

That's great but, your situation and work is not the same as the NFL. I'm sure their are some of the same lines. Marshall has one big paycheck coming to him and it just happens to be this one.

In a time when stats translates directly to dollars .... that's just the nature of the game. This isn't the 70's or even 80's NFL anymore. When you consider how first rounders will be making more as untested rookies then Marsh will in the next 5 years I can understand a little more.

Also consider that his playing style will likley shorten his shelf life. Denver has to $h!t or get off the pot with Marsh. Someone will pay him, his production speaks for itself ...... "team" guy or not.

kamakazi_kal
01-12-2010, 08:08 AM

Brandon ..... :welcome:

Beantown Bronco
01-12-2010, 08:16 AM
kamakazi:

It's a Dwight Schrute quote from The Office.

spdirty
01-12-2010, 08:20 AM
For Marshall Id need a team to give up something similar to what the Bears gave up for Cutler. Because Marshall is right now, IMO, top 3 in the league at his position. 2 firsts, a 3rd, and a decent wideout. But thats just me. That would be what I would want in order to part ways with 15.

But personally I think that last game drove his value down quite a bit, dont really think any team will offer us equal value for the guy, so IF we are smart Marshall wont go anywhere. Hopefully no one offers even a fist for him.

oubronco
01-12-2010, 08:23 AM
For Marshall Id need a team to give up something similar to what the Bears gave up for Cutler. Because Marshall is right now, IMO, top 3 in the league at his position. 2 firsts, a 3rd, and a decent wideout. But thats just me. That would be what I would want in order to part ways with 15.

But personally I think that last game drove his value down quite a bit, dont really think any team will offer us equal value for the guy, so IF we are smart Marshall wont go anywhere. Hopefully no one offers even a fist for him.

which is why McD should've kept his mouth shut to the press

spdirty
01-12-2010, 08:42 AM
which is why McD should've kept his mouth shut to the press

or maybe it was a way to keep him here. Cheaper.

broncosteven
01-12-2010, 02:34 PM
I just rewatched the end of the Cowboy game.

It will be very hard to replace a dude that dynamic.

Mr. Elway
01-12-2010, 02:51 PM
Players like Marshall are the reason we lust after first round draft picks. Keep him in orange and blue.

fontaine
01-14-2010, 04:36 AM
I have a suggestion.

Instead of trading away a known and proven stud WR that's guaranteed to put in 1000 yard plus, a dozen or more TDs, why don't we focus on using our EXISTING first day picks and making sure THEY'RE not busts.

You know, because New England have been so successfull drafting stud WRs right? Moss, Welker, Gaff etc were all trades and all their drafted WRs sucked immediately after leaving NE.

Let McD first do what he was brought in to do. Build up the lines, AND then, next year we start looking at the Marshall situation.

We traded away Cutler but a butt load of picks and that was great. So who exactly among those picks proved to be a difference maker so far? That's right, the only veteran that was part of the trade in Orton.

The rest either were part timers or didn't make an impact.

watermock
01-14-2010, 04:54 AM
Cutler, Marshall, Kuper, Hillis are all gone.