PDA

View Full Version : Dez Bryant has selected his agent.

HEAV
01-11-2010, 09:44 AM
Oklahoma State WR Dez Bryant has selected Eugene Parker as his agent.

This is notable because Parker represents Michael Crabtree, who held out into the regular season in 2009, and has close ties to Deion Sanders (Parker also represents Deion). Bryant was made ineligible this past season by the NCAA for lying about his relationship and interactions with Sanders.
Source: Profootballtalk on NBC Sports

--------

Well there goes that dream...

Hogan11
01-11-2010, 09:46 AM
and here, I thought he'd go with player agent ace Rastaman.

Garcia Bronco
01-11-2010, 09:52 AM
I still don't understand why NCdoublefulloof**** suspended the kid.

jhat01
01-11-2010, 09:54 AM
Before I opened this thread, I thought for some reason it was going to be Bus Cook! hahaha

Pony Boy
01-11-2010, 10:14 AM
Show him the money..... I would do the same.

ludo21
01-11-2010, 10:18 AM
Id still take Dez with our pick if he is there. A stud WR like him would be great to have if BMarsh is traded

gyldenlove
01-11-2010, 10:18 AM
I still don't understand why NCdoublefulloo***** suspended the kid.

After the Reggie Bush cluster****? I think the NCAA are sending messages left and right, it is no good suspending someone after they have left for the NFL.

Bryant just got caught in the crossfire between agents who have long been bending and breaking rules and a college organization that is franticly trying to maintain some form of order. Call it collateral damage.

gyldenlove
01-11-2010, 10:19 AM
Id still take Dez with our pick if he is there. A stud WR like him would be great to have if BMarsh is traded

I hope him picking Eugene Parker instantly takes him off our draft board - I want no part of that conniving ****head even if he ends up representing half the players in the world.

Garcia Bronco
01-11-2010, 11:01 AM
After the Reggie Bush cluster****? I think the NCAA are sending messages left and right, it is no good suspending someone after they have left for the NFL.

Bryant just got caught in the crossfire between agents who have long been bending and breaking rules and a college organization that is franticly trying to maintain some form of order. Call it collateral damage.

But what did he do?

Traveler
01-11-2010, 11:06 AM
Dez just dropped on most boards because of his choice of agents IMO.

Rohirrim
01-11-2010, 11:08 AM
I don't want a WR with that first pick anyway. So, good.

Garcia Bronco
So I used this thing called Google...anyway

He failed to fully disclose his interaction with Deion Sanders? WTF?

Garcia Bronco

I don't want a WR with a first pick ever.

HEAV
01-11-2010, 11:10 AM
Arrelious Benn is looking like a better fit in Denver.

_Oro_
01-11-2010, 11:11 AM
Another notch on Deion's belt.

gyldenlove
01-11-2010, 11:13 AM
But what did he do?

His whole family lived in a house paid for by an agent.

*edit* oh you mean Bryant? he didn't do much, but the NCAA needed to send a message and he was chosen as the poster boy.

Rohirrim
01-11-2010, 11:15 AM

Yeah, but other than that?

Garcia Bronco
01-11-2010, 11:16 AM
The NCAA is lucky these kids aren't in position to sue their asses off.

gunns
01-11-2010, 11:20 AM

Amen.

I've been to several mock drafts today and they all have us taking Rolando McClain, ILB, Alabama. Anybody have any feelings about him?

Requiem
01-11-2010, 11:25 AM
The last thing we need is a fat lard of **** who cannot play more than two consecutive downs on defense without having to be hooked onto life support. Cody at #10/11 would be stupid.

Broncoman13
01-11-2010, 11:27 AM
McClain looks like a true stud... I see a Ray Lewis type in him. VERY instinctive and delivers a violent blow. Watches game film religously and is the unquestioned leader of the NCAA's top defense.

Broncoman13
01-11-2010, 11:29 AM
The last thing we need is a fat lard of **** who cannot play more than two consecutive downs on defense without having to be hooked onto life support. Cody at #10/11 would be stupid.

Cody at #10/11 would be a huge reach. I will say that there is a chance that a guy like Brandon Spikes falls to us in round 2 which means we could address another position of need in round 1. Does Gerald McCoy make sense for a 3-4 end?

Rohirrim
01-11-2010, 11:31 AM

I watched him every down he played in five games this season, including the championship. The opposing Oline either goes sideways or backwards every time he's in. And that's with double and sometimes, triple teams. In one play, he drove the center back over the RB and into the QB. He's exactly what the Broncos need.

Broncoman13
01-11-2010, 11:34 AM
Cody is good, but he's a huge risk b/c of his weight issues. A two down player that may not be able to stay in shape to meet McDs training requirements entering camp is not a good idea. I can hear it now, Mt. Cody is not practicing with the team b/c he could run 10 wind sprints like everyone else is required to do in a certain amount of time. Doesn't make much sense to me.

Requiem
01-11-2010, 11:44 AM
Cody is bigger than most of his collegiate brethren. He gets buy on that, and pretty much that alone. His size, while interesting, will be more of a hindrance to him at the NFL level than a commodity. Can you imagine how hard it would be for him to play at this altitude? Just because you watched 5 games of him this year does not negate the fact that he will have horrendous conditioning and weight problems in the NFL if he fails to have a fire lit under his ass. Especially here. He has taken plays off in college due to such issues, and I assume that would remain true in the NFL unless such issues are addressed.

McCoy would be a superb fit at 3-4 end, as he has played multiple positions, including that with the Sooners. I think Cody is an interesting player in the middle of round one or later, he is not the kind of guy you use a top ten pick on. Anyone arguing for his case in that regard, is simply spewing nonsense.

Rohirrim
01-11-2010, 11:46 AM
Cody is good, but he's a huge risk b/c of his weight issues. A two down player that may not be able to stay in shape to meet McDs training requirements entering camp is not a good idea. I can hear it now, Mt. Cody is not practicing with the team b/c he could run 10 wind sprints like everyone else is required to do in a certain amount of time. Doesn't make much sense to me.

I doubt there has ever been a NT coming out of college that didn't have "weight" issues. Ha!

The draft usually ends up like some teenage boy who says he wouldn't want Megan Fox because she had a pimple. Cody is one of the biggest (;D) difference makers playing in college this last year, in game after game after game. Is he going to be a fleet footed pass rusher? Nope. Will he chase down a QB? Nope. Can he completely stuff the middle of a line, drive it backwards and take away the middle ground game from an offense? Yep. I think when you look at a top ten pick (or maybe eleven) you want somebody who will make the biggest difference. Suh and Berry won't be there. So who will?

I wonder how much of Rolando McClain's Butkus award was created by Cody in the middle?

Rohirrim
01-11-2010, 11:58 AM
Cody is bigger than most of his collegiate brethren. He gets buy on that, and pretty much that alone. His size, while interesting, will be more of a hindrance to him at the NFL level than a commodity. Can you imagine how hard it would be for him to play at this altitude? Just because you watched 5 games of him this year does not negate the fact that he will have horrendous conditioning and weight problems in the NFL if he fails to have a fire lit under his ass. Especially here. He has taken plays off in college due to such issues, and I assume that would remain true in the NFL unless such issues are addressed.

McCoy would be a superb fit at 3-4 end, as he has played multiple positions, including that with the Sooners. I think Cody is an interesting player in the middle of round one or later, he is not the kind of guy you use a top ten pick on. Anyone arguing for his case in that regard, is simply spewing nonsense.

Of course, I'm taking it for granted that Suh, Berry, McCoy, McClain et al are not going to be there at ten or eleven. So who are you left with? What I'm talking about is reality. You can launch all the threads you would like about McCoy. Would I take him over Cody in a heartbeat? Sure. But the reality is, he won't be there. Here's the players you'll be looking at when the 10 or 11 pick rolls around: Kindle, Morgan, Haden, Clausen, Weatherspoon, Spikes, Wooton, Cody. Let's try and keep some perspective.

And as far as altitude goes, it only counts for those who don't live here. Live here a couple of months and it's no issue. The question is, does Cody want to earn the big paycheck bad enough to maintain his weight and get in better condition? You have to ask this question of almost every potential draftee: Are they ready to grow up and do what it takes to be a pro? That's for the scouts to answer. But of the people that would be available at 10 or 11, Cody would be the biggest difference maker. I would be just as happy if we traded down, got more picks, and took Dan Williams instead. Nonsense? Bull****.

Broncoman13
01-11-2010, 12:02 PM
There are plenty of Nose Tackles that come out that don't have weight issues. Were you kidding with that statement? Hope so.

I too wonder how much of McClain's success was due to the DL in front of him, that is a fair question to ask. Not sure they help him to diagnose plays or be the coach on the field type though, that's all on McClain.

McCoy is interesting. Not sure if he falls to #10/11, but it sounds like he could be a very good fit and contribute a lot to our defense as a 3-4 end. Toward the end of the season, Vonnie Holliday did an exceptional job of creating pressure and getting a few sacks from that position, seems like McCoy could probably do even better.

Requiem
01-11-2010, 12:08 PM
Suh, McCoy and Berry will probably be all gone. Despite that, there are probably 10 other players I'd take before Cody in round one at our pick.

Rohirrim
01-11-2010, 12:26 PM
Suh, McCoy and Berry will probably be all gone. Despite that, there are probably 10 other players I'd take before Cody in round one at our pick.

Who?

Requiem
01-11-2010, 12:45 PM
Joe Haden, CB
Derrick Morgan, DE/OLB
Rolando McClain, ILB
Trent Williams, OL
C.J. Spiller, ATH
Dez Bryant, WR
Carlos Dunlap, DE (Not sure about his POA Strength to be a 3-4 DE)
Everson Griffin, DE

Those are eight guys off the top of my head, and I'm not even counting the guys I feel are better value than him. Cody is not on my top twenty list of players, at all.

Cool Breeze
01-11-2010, 01:56 PM
No to Bryant
No to the asshole agent

Pony Boy
01-11-2010, 02:11 PM

Source Please?

Garcia Bronco
01-11-2010, 02:24 PM
Source Please?

He was refering to Reggie Bush

gunns
01-11-2010, 02:50 PM
McClain looks like a true stud... I see a Ray Lewis type in him. VERY instinctive and delivers a violent blow. Watches game film religously and is the unquestioned leader of the NCAA's top defense.

Thank you!

UberBroncoMan
01-11-2010, 03:44 PM
I really wish we had our second 1st right pick right now. This draft is so deep, and to have two upper/mid first rounders would have been great.