PDA

View Full Version : Things I have learned from the Orange Mane

Pages : [1] 2

theAPAOps5
01-10-2010, 09:09 PM
Not too long ago I was real sick of the Orange Mane. Just tired of the fighting and drama. I was tired of causing it too because I kept getting all wrapped in the drama and reacting.

But something struck me and it was like a bolt of lighting. I have learned more from this site than all 16 years of my schooling. I want to provide a list so that regulars and new members alike can benefit from the awesome that is the orange mane.

1. Meth Alley is the home of the lowly and indigent Menthol Cigarette Smokers. Menthol is just a horrid horrid chemical.

2. Rookie QB's who some consider the Franchise should never EVER listen to an iPod on the sidelines. Its unprofessional and a big red flag.

3. Alcohol and the Mane aren't a great mix. See posts from me, Rusty, Mock from back in the day, and many others.

4. Foneco is the greatest human being ever to walk the earth since J.C. himself.

5. You need to make your therapist aware of the Orange Mane as it may be a direct or even indirect cause of your problems.

6. Ghostbusters is of the Devil and no good comes from it. I would rather my child watch Show Girls with the chick from the hit kids TV show "Saved by the Bell"

7. If you find yourself on the wrong side of the law you MUST wait until the day before your court hearing to ask advice from the wise men who post at the Mane.

8. They snuggy cures all.

9. When playing survivor on the Mane be careful how you play the game. You may piss of someone so bad that they accuse you of attempted murder. Apparently anger causes some people to have a bloody nose all night to the point that blood loss becomes a concern.

10. Our beloved owner of the Broncos is neither a gutless drunk and nor does he deserved to be violated by a Cobra infected with AIDS. The Broncos frown on this type of speculation.

11. Finally, and probably the most important, it is a requirement for the fan base to lock onto some scrub who shows a flash in training camp. It means they are on their way to a Hall of Fame career.

So take heed to these lessons and learn from my and others mistakes. It will make you the model citizen in life and will guarantee you the life of those like Tony Robins, Billy Mays, and Vince of the Sham Wow!

Florida_Bronco
01-10-2010, 09:12 PM
12. This thread is full of win. :)

jhat01
01-10-2010, 09:14 PM
I can't give away my Madise jersey. Ha!

theAPAOps5
01-10-2010, 09:15 PM
Yes it is my friend. And please anyone feel free to add to this list because I am sure I missed many things.

If we all work together we can make the world a better place.

jhat01
01-10-2010, 09:16 PM
13.Knowshon Moreno is Sammy Winder born again.

orinjkrush
01-10-2010, 09:18 PM
the orange mane is an interesting psychodrama.

i have learned things i never would have ever thought to think.

i have seen things i have never, never wanted to see.

i have been angered and entertained in ways i could have never imagined.

it is a curious thing. entity. site. hobby. weakness.

bowtown
01-10-2010, 09:19 PM
14. Never open a link from ApaOps.

theAPAOps5
01-10-2010, 09:21 PM

Only if its on a laptop! But great point!

SureShot
01-10-2010, 09:21 PM
The throat punch: the cause and solution to all of life's problems.

Boob mojo is real, well until TJ killed it along with any Bronco success in the near future. Never **** with a streak, look no further than Bret Kern.

SureShot
01-10-2010, 09:22 PM

:strong:

bowtown
01-10-2010, 09:25 PM
Any journalist who writes a column about anything previously mentioned on the Mane "must be a lurker here."

theAPAOps5
01-10-2010, 09:26 PM
Yes the throat punch is a great tool for anyone who finds themselves in a heated argument. But the key to a successful throat punch is the apology that must follow immediately.

SureShot
01-10-2010, 09:27 PM
Any journalist who writes a column about anything previously mentioned on the Mane "must be a lurker here."

Or they (Mayock) will flat out steal content from one of our beloved posters.

80smith
01-10-2010, 09:29 PM
I had chicken tonight.

theAPAOps5
01-10-2010, 09:29 PM
15. When posting an article to Mane that you also posted to a local rag in Podunk Utah you aren't actually asking for help you are asking to be told you are awesome. If you aren't you must ask like a huge Douche Bag.

theAPAOps5
01-10-2010, 09:31 PM
I had chicken tonight.

Eh if you don't like the thread move on. This isn't a trolling thread. This a thread about the awesome things said and discussed on the Mane.

But thanks for posting even though it was lame. Because it reminded me.

16. Food discussion is the cause and cure of all things.

Blueflame
01-10-2010, 09:33 PM
Another OM lesson learned:

Don't hotlink graphics from other websites (upload them to your own photobucket or imageshack account) because if the website owner is annoyed by the hotlinking and substitutes an offensive pic for the original one, the poster can get in trouble even if their own computer's cache is still showing the "innocent" pic...

PaintballCLE
01-10-2010, 09:34 PM
17. When you dont plan on posting on the mane for a while, it is required to make a "look at me thread" telling people you aren't going to be posting.

theAPAOps5
01-10-2010, 09:35 PM
Oh yes GREAT post Blue. I will never forget Dagmar aka Rusty and his miscue. The best part about that is he was still seeing his original picture because he hadn't cleared his cache. So he couldn't understand why people were so upset over something as innocent as bunnies or whatever they were supposed to be.

Good times, thanks for reminding me of that!

SureShot
01-10-2010, 09:35 PM
Any prediction must begin with "I'm going to go ahead and call it".

bowtown
01-10-2010, 09:36 PM
And if you are looking for the real low down on the Broncos, your best bet is to buy a light rail ticket or go fishing with baja.

PaintballCLE
01-10-2010, 09:37 PM
when there is broncos breaking news, it is required to make 12 threads on the same topic.

bowtown
01-10-2010, 09:39 PM
When the Broncos win, everyone must post about all the crow they are eating. When the Broncos lose, everyone must act like they were only pretending to eat crow in the first place.

80smith
Eh if you don't like the thread move on. This isn't a trolling thread. This a thread about the awesome things said and discussed on the Mane.

But thanks for posting even though it was lame. Because it reminded me.

16. Food discussion is the cause and cure of all things.

Since I am a man of few words (cause my spelling sucks) I thought I would keep it short and to the point. Was it lame.... Yes. Do I not like this thread? I was, in my own little way, contributing.

SureShot
Backflips: The best indicator for a players future success in the NFL.

All white WRs must remind you of Ed Mcaffery in some way.

Blueflame
Oh yes GREAT post Blue. I will never forget Dagmar aka Rusty and his miscue. The best part about that is he was still seeing his original picture because he hadn't cleared his cache. So he couldn't understand why people were so upset over something as innocent as bunnies or whatever they were supposed to be.

Yeah, that was too funny! Ha! ^5

Yet another (more recent) lesson learned:

If you're logged in to the Mane, don't leave your laptop where prankster-ish friends can access it and post objectionable posts that will (of course) then be attributed to you... LOL

SureShot
01-10-2010, 09:41 PM
Yeah, that was too funny! Ha! ^5

Yet another (more recent) lesson learned:

If you're logged in to the Mane, don't leave your laptop where prankster-ish friends can access it and post objectionable posts that will (of course) then be attributed to you... LOL

White women love Indians.

bowtown
01-10-2010, 09:41 PM
http://www.kukoda.com/wp-content/lombardi_trophy3.jpg

SureShot
01-10-2010, 09:42 PM
Any RB can break off 2k in our previous system.

Stoopid McDonalds. We will never have a hypothetical 2,000 yard rusher again.

Archer81
01-10-2010, 09:44 PM
Hmm...

Food jacking a thread is Traditional, and is much appreciated by all.

If God created a rock so big even He Himself couldnt move it, Hillis could.

This board comes together to make fun of those in buttrock bands.

Boobs are magic.

:Broncos:

theAPAOps5
01-10-2010, 09:44 PM
Since I am a man of few words (cause my spelling sucks) I thought I would keep it short and to the point. Was it lame.... Yes. Do I not like this thread? I was, in my own little way, contributing.

OK great addition because it brought up one of the best methods to handle idiots like Bob and KCDud and BroncoDouche7!

:thumbs:

bowtown
01-10-2010, 09:45 PM
Bob loves 15" black dilods.

Florida_Bronco
01-10-2010, 09:45 PM
If you've just broken up with your girlfriend of nearly 4 years it's a better idea to find your balls and go bang a hotter chick rather than cry to the Mane about getting her back. ROFL!

Blueflame
01-10-2010, 09:48 PM
OM'ers have hearts of pure 14K gold when other posters have a need, they'll contribute generously to help out.

Pony Boy
01-10-2010, 09:49 PM
19. Tapping a guy on the chest is considered a death threat.

theAPAOps5
01-10-2010, 09:49 PM
Page 2 and we already have great examples of how awesome the Mane is. So for those who are in the same boat I was a few months ago please take a step back and realize that this site is a release and a community to discuss something we are all passionate about. That being the Denver Broncos. Many of us are guilty of attacking those who don't agree with us, myself included.

But when you step back and think about the things that have been discussed here all you can really do is laugh!

SureShot
01-10-2010, 09:50 PM
Bronco Warrior was mentored by Bret Michaels.

theAPAOps5
01-10-2010, 09:51 PM
OM'ers have hearts of pure 14K gold when other posters have a need, they'll contribute generously to help out.

Yep even if they are KC Chiefs fans who liked to stir the pot. Or a valued member who wanted his son to feel the wind in his face from a bike ride.

bowtown
01-10-2010, 09:55 PM
Calling ex Broncos at their new kiosks of employment is really fun, as long as you don't post the phone number for everyone.

bowtown
01-10-2010, 09:56 PM
Macs are better than PCs or Alec will kill you.

theAPAOps5
01-10-2010, 09:58 PM
Calling ex Broncos at their new kiosks of employment is really fun, as long as you don't post the phone number for everyone.

Oh man that was the first Neg rep I ever got. It was from Taco no less! Hotrod/McDortoh was part of that too. I remember asking Taco why we can't post numbers to local business listed in the yellow pages when an ad on the front page has a phone number.

Hotrod sent me an email laughing but saying don't push the limits anymore Taco is really pissed.

Dagmar
01-10-2010, 09:58 PM
Another OM lesson learned:

Don't hotlink graphics from other websites (upload them to your own photobucket or imageshack account) because if the website owner is annoyed by the hotlinking and substitutes an offensive pic for the original one, the poster can get in trouble even if their own computer's cache is still showing the "innocent" pic...

That would be terrible. Who would make such a terrible terrible mistake...

It was a kangaroo gif!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dagmar
01-10-2010, 10:02 PM

Seriously, everyone was going crazy and all I saw was http://cuteoverload.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/bird_steals_sad_wallaby.gif

(I still never saw the offending image as a mod did an outstanding job of pulling it down fast!)

Dagmar
01-10-2010, 10:04 PM
Oh man that was the first Neg rep I ever got. It was from Taco no less! Hotrod/McDortoh was part of that too. I remember asking Taco why we can't post numbers to local business listed in the yellow pages when an ad on the front page has a phone number.

Hotrod sent me an email laughing but saying don't push the limits anymore Taco is really pissed.

I get lots of neg rep. LOTS. Less these days since I think I am on ignore by about 50% of the active posters.

But when I got neg rep from Taco, man, that was a dark day.

It's like god telling you you are a douche.

Dagmar
01-10-2010, 10:22 PM
I killed your thread Apo. :(

OBF1
01-10-2010, 10:22 PM
When you know for sure what you have is a real stupid idea.... make another useless poll to let others confirm that your idea and your entire family tree is full of the stupidity.

theAPAOps5
01-10-2010, 10:23 PM
No you didn't Rusty! Its late and its the offseason. Tomorrow starts another work week and a return of traffic to the orange mane from those seeking a distraction from the work week.

This thread will pick up again!

Archer81
01-10-2010, 10:23 PM
Sometimes a picture says more than a rant style post can.

theAPAOps5
01-10-2010, 10:25 PM
Oh wow this thread is full of awesome. I just got a neg rep from some dude named Bronco LB 52 telling me to have anal sex with McDaniels. And I am a punk. Don't even know who the guy is but regardless its awesome!

OBF1
01-10-2010, 10:27 PM
You had buttsects with McDaniels and did not tell us??? what gives here man

Archer81
01-10-2010, 10:27 PM
Oh wow this thread is full of awesome. I just got a neg rep from some dude named Bronco LB 52 telling me to have anal sex with McDaniels. And I am a punk. Don't even know who the guy is but regardless its awesome!

LOL.

I dont get neg repped too often. I think twice in the last 18 months, one was by a chiefs fan telling me we'd see, crisco lover, and another poster asking me if I was dense.

theAPAOps5
01-10-2010, 10:28 PM
I love neg rep its the best.

Dagmar
01-10-2010, 10:32 PM

I had the gall to say that ZackKC actually posted something sensible and have been on his "**** list" ever since. Apparently that means I get neg rep for every post I make.

http://i47.tinypic.com/xp6743.png

I don't think I will apologize.

Archer81
01-10-2010, 10:33 PM
I had the gall to say that ZackKC actually posted something sensible and have been on his "**** list" ever since. Apparently that means I get neg rep for every post I make.

http://i47.tinypic.com/xp6743.png

I don't think I will apologize.

Thats crazy.

Los Broncos
01-10-2010, 10:54 PM
I've learned a lot about sex and drugs.

DHallblows
01-10-2010, 11:17 PM

ROFL! I got one from him a couple weeks ago because I let him know that nobody gave a **** about Texas Tech vs. Michigan State! He's probably the only poster that uses neg rep on a regular basis hmmm...

Oh, if an article has been posted, give Bronco Bob 24 hours to repost it :spit:

BigPlayShay
01-10-2010, 11:24 PM
The size of a players helmet is in direct correlation to the success on the field. See Tatum Bell: Helmet appeared to be too big, out of the league.

OBF1
01-10-2010, 11:32 PM
LB52 must like me... he gave me a positive rep :)

Next Seasons Opponents 01-03-2010 11:45 PM Bronco LB52 I agree with your take.

brncs_fan
01-10-2010, 11:37 PM
20. That someone can post all over the place and then appear on the main forum with 5,000 posts and you have no idea who they are.

21. Post count does not equal intelligence (i.e. Spider)

Dagmar
01-10-2010, 11:39 PM
20. That someone can post all over the place and then appear on the main forum with 5,000 posts and you have no idea who they are.

21. Post count does not equal intelligence (i.e. mock)

Fixed.

brncs_fan
01-10-2010, 11:42 PM
Fixed.

Was trying to keep it fun in the spirit of the thread. Spider knows a joke when he sees one.

Sassy
01-10-2010, 11:51 PM

This! And they are a blast to party with!

OBF1
01-10-2010, 11:52 PM
Was trying to keep it fun in the spirit of the thread. Spider knows a joke when he sees one.

Posts like the example above can get you that "Donkey punch" that you have been dreaming of :notworthy

OBF1
01-10-2010, 11:52 PM
This! And they are a blast to party with!

And they invite you to their special wedding day Hilarious!

Sassy
01-10-2010, 11:55 PM

Where was my invite? LOL! :devil:

brncs_fan
01-10-2010, 11:56 PM
Posts like the example above can get you that "Donkey punch" that you have been dreaming of :notworthy

Sweet! :boxing:

Sassy
01-10-2010, 11:57 PM

Or they post a congrats Sassy & Hogan thread when there hasn't been a Wedding!

OBF1
01-10-2010, 11:59 PM
I am unaware of those events Sassy :stirstir:

Sassy
01-11-2010, 12:01 AM
i am unaware of those events sassy :stirstir:

rofl!

Sassy
01-11-2010, 12:01 AM
Hey D...you have a big Bday coming up...you've been warned ;D :devil:

brncs_fan
01-11-2010, 12:02 AM
Or they post a congrats Sassy & Hogan thread when there hasn't been a Wedding!

When did you guys get married?

:worthless

Sassy
01-11-2010, 12:03 AM
When did you guys get married?

:worthless

Good ???
Ask CBF1

Dagmar
01-11-2010, 12:05 AM
Hey D...you have a big Bday coming up...you've been warned ;D :devil:

You saucy devil you...

brncs_fan
01-11-2010, 12:05 AM
Good ???
Ask CBF1

Did that thread make it to the Ring of Fame?

Arkie
01-11-2010, 12:09 AM
Never trust the ever returning gleam in Shanny's eye. It hasn't worked for 10 years.

Dagmar
01-11-2010, 12:11 AM
Remember Slap's poster awards thread? This has the same potential...

Sassy
01-11-2010, 12:12 AM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=57269&highlight=congrats+sassy+hogan

brncs_fan
01-11-2010, 12:14 AM
Just found it. I can't believe that thread went to the butt and not the ring.

Ridiculous!!!

Sassy
01-11-2010, 12:22 AM
It was pretty funny....but I was a little pissed!

brncs_fan
01-11-2010, 12:29 AM
It was pretty funny....but I was a little pissed!

I would be too. You go to all of the trouble of having a wedding and CB waits until after it's over to send out the invites!

You should have picked a better Maid of Honor than CBF1

Sassy
01-11-2010, 12:37 AM
I would be too. You go to all of the trouble of having a wedding and CB waits until after it's over to send out the invites!

You should have picked a better Maid of Honor than CBF1

Nah...we only invited Chica...but he showed up! LOL!

Sassy
01-11-2010, 12:38 AM
Those nasty boys never clean the treehouse...
They eat all the snacks and drink our beer...
Blueflame makes awesome avys!

Dagmar
01-11-2010, 12:54 AM
Those nasty boys never clean the treehouse...
They eat all the snacks and drink our beer...
Blueflame makes awesome avys!

She needs to make you a new non-xmas avy, 12 days after xmas = bad luck!

Why did that thread go to the butt? 2 of the most fantastic posters on the Mane!

Sassy
01-11-2010, 12:55 AM
It's Valentine's! LOL!

ZONA
01-11-2010, 01:09 AM
22. An Orange Mane member who recently replied to a post you made with positive comments and in general, agreed with every word you said will no doubt be calling you an idiot who doesn't know jack on the very next post you make.

SureShot
01-11-2010, 01:12 AM
Eagle Talons dont make very good doughnuts due to the all wheel drive.

Blueflame
01-11-2010, 01:12 AM
It's Valentine's! LOL!

Yep... wine, roses, and a heart-shaped box of chocolates... definitely Valentine's Day. It's my own sig that needs updating 'cause we're ten days past New Year's. LOL

theAPAOps5
01-11-2010, 06:23 AM
Oh I awoke to another little gem from Bronco LB52, he said how many planes crashed under your watch at Centennial? Mike Shanahan might of lost games but he didn't kill civilians like you have!

Man I am a God I can control how planes operate and fly. Bronco LB52 is not a very smart guy!

theAPAOps5
01-11-2010, 06:27 AM
23. Mike Shanahan employs the use of a lie detector more than Maury Povich!

bowtown
01-11-2010, 07:30 AM
tsiguy likes 'em big.

missingnumber7
01-11-2010, 07:47 AM
There are only 2 sides to the broncos...Like McD or hate his guts and want him fired...there is NO middle ground.

_Oro_
01-11-2010, 08:18 AM
947 yds rushing and 7 tds from a rookie RB isn't very good when he's a Bronco.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=88393

Garcia Bronco
01-11-2010, 08:24 AM
Oh I awoke to another little gem from Bronco LB52, he said how many planes crashed under your watch at Centennial? Mike Shanahan might of lost games but he didn't kill civilians like you have!

Man I am a God I can control how planes operate and fly. Bronco LB52 is not a very smart guy!

It's a busy little airport. Too busy. I get tired of smelling the exaust.

Rohirrim
01-11-2010, 08:32 AM
Things I've learned on the Mane?

The world is getting meaner.

Taco John
01-11-2010, 08:33 AM
So full of win...

Dagmar
01-11-2010, 09:08 AM

http://i50.tinypic.com/nxvqz9.png

He is a delight.

Broncoman13
01-11-2010, 09:29 AM
I can't give away my Madise jersey. Ha!

Hahahahaha... My Travis McGriff jersey was long ago turned into an apron!!!

Dagmar
01-11-2010, 09:32 AM
http://www.bearandfox.com/comics/lemonade__900.gif

HAT
01-11-2010, 09:44 AM
Boobs are magic.

Boobs + cake = magic'er.

Dagmar
01-11-2010, 09:50 AM
Boobs + cake = magic'er.

http://www.deviantart.com/download/81438415/Busty_Boobs_Cake_by_Vicky_V.jpg

gunns
01-11-2010, 10:03 AM

Don't worry Apa, he hates me too from early days on ESPN boards. I guess I picked on him too much.

My contribution, don't be a cop, tell where you are at, then proceed to post like an ass.

Don't make a habit of bad posting or you maybe called out in "Forum Loser Power Rankings".

SureShot
01-11-2010, 10:23 AM

Did you tell him you are only responsible for stocking the planes with peanuts?

Meck77
01-11-2010, 10:30 AM
24. Take all posts very lightly. I put people into two types of categories. First group. Those that I have met. When you meet them it's as if you've already known them for years which is the case. The second group. No idea but until I meet them they are just that. Internet personalities.
Actually there is the third group. The group that nobody has met. Draw your own conclusions there.

Bottom line it's a kick in the pants meeting people from the site. Especially enjoy meeting those who have never been to a Bronco game. It makes the game day experience all that more special win or lose.

Pony Boy
01-11-2010, 11:06 AM
There are at least 100 synonyms for the word penis and it's perfectly acceptable to attach them to face or head to make a compound word.

ELEVATION
01-11-2010, 11:09 AM
people are jerk offs on the internet because they know they cant get beat the f down...

ELEVATION
01-11-2010, 11:14 AM
i missed alot of stuff since april....lol

bowtown
01-11-2010, 11:14 AM
25. Italian lurkers talk tough.

ELEVATION
01-11-2010, 11:17 AM
25. Italian lurkers talk tough.

of course...duh im miles away.....:yayaya:

bowtown
01-11-2010, 11:19 AM
of course...duh im miles away.....:welcome:

ELEVATION
01-11-2010, 11:21 AM

your smiley wins hands down....i feel like urcle looking at a giant....:afro:

# 26....Bowtown is strong and beats italian lurkers:giggle:

Sassy
01-11-2010, 11:23 AM
There are only 2 sides to the broncos...Like McD or hate his guts and want him fired...there is NO middle ground.

That goes for Brandon Marshall as well!

ELEVATION
01-11-2010, 11:25 AM
That goes for Brandon Marshall as well!

and knowshon, oh and lamont jordan...wait never mind....we all hate him.....FREE HILLIS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

worm
01-11-2010, 11:28 AM
I learned that putting Mc before your name is a sign of respect....wait, I mean its a sign of Josh-mockery....no, wait, its respect....

Hell. I haven't learned anything.

2KBack
01-11-2010, 11:42 AM
It's Griese's fault...Plummer's fault...Orton's fault.

gyldenlove
01-11-2010, 11:51 AM

If we still had Shanahan they could all break 2k in our system!

broncocalijohn
01-11-2010, 11:59 AM
15. When posting an article to Mane that you also posted to a local rag in Podunk Utah you aren't actually asking for help you are asking to be told you are awesome. If you aren't you must ask like a huge Douche Bag.

Dont F with my man (and avatar), BW. You might want to say that no post are complete with a fe sprinkled "lol!"

Also, watch what you say, as threads will be bumped back from the dead.
Dont know what "post drinking/drunk" looks like? See HOF thread by Mighty Smurf.
Never promise something that you cant finish. It will haunt you for the rest of your Mane life. Mock promised to roof the entire Arkansas state, dome style I believe. He never came through and disappointed posters like Arkie who just wanted a little shade over his state.
Dont keep bringing friends of the opposite team to tailgates. Especially if you reneg on paying for tickets. Wives are exempt from the first line as long as you stick her in the food assembly line getting the grub ready.

Blueflame
01-11-2010, 12:03 PM

In the early days of the Mane, it was all Gus Frerotte's fault.... :P

missingnumber7
01-11-2010, 12:13 PM
In the begining there was John...and all other QB's are epic Fail

Requiem
01-11-2010, 12:15 PM
The only cool poster from Fargo on the Mane is me.

Archer81
01-11-2010, 12:17 PM
To be a franchise QB, you must a) make the probowl, b) throw for 4000 yards c) be 17-20 as a starter d) use a bowl to cut your hair.

broncocalijohn
01-11-2010, 12:19 PM

I would add this: If you post a phone number even to give support, you will be banned. If Kaylore does it, TJ just posts a warning. (No slam on Kaylore, just on TJ)

bowtown
01-11-2010, 12:20 PM
To be a franchise QB, you must a) make the probowl, b) throw for 4000 yards c) be 17-20 as a starter d) use a bowl to cut your hair.

Don't forget about the 'beetus.

broncocalijohn
01-11-2010, 12:22 PM
The only cool poster from Fargo on the Mane is Sassy.

Fixed it for you.

This is an example of OM helping hands. Helping other posters when they inject an incorrect word, phrase or name. He accidentally put his name in by mistake.

Archer81
01-11-2010, 12:24 PM
Don't forget about the 'beetus.

Oh yes. The beetus. Or fingering armpits and yanking on the collar of your tshirt. Thats right boys and girls, you do these things and you too can be an NFL Franchise QB.

Requiem
01-11-2010, 12:24 PM
Well played, Mullet Man.

bowtown
01-11-2010, 12:28 PM
If you have a poster on ignore, it is important that you reply to every single one of their posts with the ignore list notification.

Also if you see that the poster you have on ignore has created a thread it is imparative that you march in and get angry at any other poster that has quoted him/her.

Boobs McGee
01-11-2010, 12:30 PM
anything heard on the lightrail is as good as gospel

missingnumber7
01-11-2010, 12:30 PM
If you have a poster on ignore, it is important that you reply to every single one of their posts with the ignore list notification.

Also if you see that the poster you have on ignore has created a thread it is imparative that you march in and get angry at any other poster that has quoted him/her.

Also if you know that said poster has another said poster on ignore you must quote said ignored poster so to aggrivate the situation even more and make the situation much more humourous.

missingnumber7
01-11-2010, 12:31 PM
Bob is a closet broncos fan...accept that fact and his posts make much more sense.

Blueflame
01-11-2010, 12:31 PM

It also helps if you threaten to neg-rep anyone else who quotes said ignored poster... ;D

missingnumber7
01-11-2010, 12:33 PM
anything heard on the lightrail is as good as gospel

But it is.

bowtown
01-11-2010, 12:33 PM
And the more rep you have, the better you should feel about yourself as a human being... might even be worth starting a thread about.

Archer81
01-11-2010, 12:36 PM
When you start to lose an argument in the thread you created, do one of two things. 1. Delete the thread, proving to all what a douchemeister you are, or 2. Start to brag to other straight members of the board how big your hog is.

jhat01
01-11-2010, 12:37 PM
27. There are only two camps that reside here:

1) Knuckle dragging McDaniels loving Homers

2)Panty waist whiney Punk Haters

And the only acceptable end to a post is Moron, Idiot, or Douchebag.

DHallblows
01-11-2010, 12:40 PM
27. There are only two camps that reside here:

1) Knuckle dragging McDaniels loving Homers

2)Panty waist whiney Punk Haters

And the only acceptable end to a post is Moron, Idiot, or Douchebag.

STFU you panty waist whiney Punk Hater, douchebag

ant1999e
01-11-2010, 12:43 PM
Also if you know that said poster has another said poster on ignore you must quote said ignored poster so to aggrivate the situation even more and make the situation much more humourous.

It is fun.

jhat01
01-11-2010, 12:43 PM
STFU you panty waist whiney Punk Hater, douchebag

:spit: Nice!

Pick Six
01-11-2010, 12:47 PM

That is, if a person has even figured out the ignore feature...It's easier to cry to a mod to try and get someone banned, just because you don't like their opinions...

Sassy
01-11-2010, 12:48 PM
:notworthyFixed it for you.

This is an example of OM helping hands. Helping other posters when they inject an incorrect word, phrase or name. He accidentally put his name in by mistake.
:welcome:
and Ex-Fargo poster Missing7 and Missingswife ;D

broncocalijohn
01-11-2010, 12:50 PM
:notworthy
:welcome:
and Ex-Fargo poster Missing7 and Missingswife ;D

I can only kiss ass on one Maner at a time. Plus, they are now in Bismarck. Sassy, dont under use that rep option.....pos rep option.

Sassy
01-11-2010, 12:51 PM
I can only kiss ass on one Maner at a time. Plus, they are now in Bismarck. Sassy, dont under use that rep option.....pos rep option.

:spit:
Some will do whatever it takes to get rep! Ha!

gyldenlove
01-11-2010, 12:59 PM
I should start handing out neg reps to people who quote me, I find that offensive. I don't want to be faced with what I said 5 minutes ago, there is a good chance I have forgotten what I said and why I said it and I like it that way.

TailgateNut
01-11-2010, 01:01 PM
I should start handing out neg reps to people who quote me, I find that offensive. I don't want to be faced with what I said 5 minutes ago, there is a good chance I have forgotten what I said and why I said it and I like it that way.

Hence the hiding from certain threads? Eh?

gyldenlove
01-11-2010, 01:05 PM
Hence the hiding from certain threads? Eh?

neg rep! neg rep! neg rep! neg rep!

I hate reading up on threads so if I don't get into a thread early I just stay out. I don't think I am out of any important threads currently though.

Sassy
01-11-2010, 01:13 PM
Maners you have met...are just like family...
(I should add here...'for the most part' ;D )

broncocalijohn
01-11-2010, 01:17 PM

exactly. Some wear out their welcome. :)

Meck77
01-11-2010, 01:17 PM

True but some have "hooked up". So where does that leave them?;D

Sassy
01-11-2010, 01:19 PM
True but some have "hooked up". So where does that leave them?;D

:wiggle: In line for Dimitri's bogus wedding threads???

missingnumber7
01-11-2010, 01:23 PM
neg rep! neg rep! neg rep! neg rep!

I hate reading up on threads so if I don't get into a thread early I just stay out. I don't think I am out of any important threads currently though.

That explains alot.

Dagmar
01-11-2010, 01:24 PM
I have full blown aids.

According to BroncoLB52 anyways!

Miss I.
01-11-2010, 01:25 PM
:kiss::curtsey::egbgb:I learned if you want to meet a nice well adjusted man, the way to NOT do that is for Elsid to start a poll and let the OM vote for it because you end up with Spider in a gold lame thong and ball bearings as a chaperone and Dortoh as the date when my true dream was Oleg.

Also, as female, within five seconds of the other posters figuring out you are a girl they will request a picture of your mojo.

Also, as long as you have a smilie, you can say whatever you want and everyone will know you are kidding....Jay Cutler has a nice butt...Jay Cutler is my hero....McDaniels is the anti-christ. ;D:rofl::thumbs::flower:

Sassy
01-11-2010, 01:27 PM
:kiss::curtsey::egbgb:I learned if you want to meet a nice well adjusted man, the way to NOT do that is for Elsid to start a poll and let the OM vote for it because you end up with Spider in a gold lame thong and ball bearings as a chaperone and Dortoh as the date when my true dream was Oleg.

Also, as female, within five seconds of the other posters figuring out you are a girl they will request a picture of your mojo.

Also, as long as you have a smilie, you can say whatever you want and everyone will know you are kidding....Jay Cutler has a nice butt...Jay Cutler is my hero....McDaniels is the anti-christ. ;D:rofl::thumbs::flower:

The ladies on the Mane Rock!

Blueflame
01-11-2010, 01:33 PM
The ladies on the Mane Rock!

This is so true! :egbgb: !Booya!

Miss I.
01-11-2010, 01:36 PM
This is so true! :egbgb: !Booya!

Here Here! I concur. :egbgb::egbgb::egbgb:

missingnumber7
01-11-2010, 01:37 PM
OK...this place needs some testosterone.

uplink
01-11-2010, 01:45 PM
wonder what the list of the top ten over-hyped training camp wonders would be for the Shanny error and above? I'm drunk so I better not give my list.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Sassy
01-11-2010, 01:46 PM
Some Maners want the team to lose...so they can get a better draft pic :(

Miss I.
01-11-2010, 01:48 PM

Hey where is Lex?

missingnumber7
01-11-2010, 01:57 PM
28. It don't matter who you are, where you've been, or what kinda street cred you have...don't start a thread before you've posted 100 times. And if you are gonna start a thread about something dumb...1000 posts...aka 100 post rule.

I can't believe this hadn't made the list yet.

broncocalijohn
01-11-2010, 01:58 PM

that reminds me, When is Lex going to be back from his banning?

Boobs McGee
01-11-2010, 02:38 PM
I have full blown aids.

According to BroncoLB52 anyways!

bronco610
01-11-2010, 04:05 PM
If I post on an interesting thread it will instantly die and fall off the first page.

Rocket 7
01-11-2010, 04:15 PM
Mock is not a rocket surgeon.

_Oro_
01-11-2010, 04:18 PM
If I post on an interesting thread it will instantly die and fall off the first page.

Don't be afraid to self-bump.

dbfan4life
01-11-2010, 04:44 PM
Oleg kids you never!

and

Demon Eagles has the best illustrated threads....EVER!!!!

BroncoMatt
01-11-2010, 04:51 PM
I learned that cats apparently can type.

Also, I am beginning to doubt the existence of any naked bronco cheerleader pics

PRBronco
01-11-2010, 04:53 PM
Any thread longer than two pages is no longer about what the title says. In fact it's almost always just name calling.

Except this one!

UberBroncoMan
01-11-2010, 04:59 PM
http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/1356/goombacutler5et8.jpg

Making this image of Cutler merged with a Goomba from the Super Mario Bros. Movie makes you the devil. Having it as a signature because you made it for a previous Halloween and think it's funny means you're not a good Broncos Fan, but rather a Bronco hater (3 weeks later Cutler was traded).

ScottXray
01-11-2010, 05:00 PM
I learned that whoever the backup quarterback is , he is always
better than the starter...until he gets in a game. Then he is automatically
garbage and the third string QB is better ( if we have one).

Also rod smith was our best backup emergency QB EVAH~!
Note : the QB rule applies to Running backs also!

SureShot
01-11-2010, 05:05 PM
Rod Smith is like tussin....it can cure anything.

PRBronco
01-11-2010, 05:07 PM
Rod Smith is like tussin....it can cure anything.

And despite the fact that the team has NEVER had a receiver really develop and flourish since Rod himself, Rod Smith should always be brought in to tutor our young receivers.

houghtam
01-11-2010, 05:08 PM
Oleg kids you never!

and

Demon Eagles has the best illustrated threads....EVER!!!!

^ This.

Best picture ever.

SureShot
01-11-2010, 05:09 PM
^ This.

Best picture ever.

Ahhh the disguised blitz!

bronco610
01-11-2010, 05:44 PM
It is now tradition (thanks to me) if no one starts a birthday thread for you, you must start your own.

azbroncfan
01-11-2010, 05:51 PM
What about has anyone said to stay away from bad peanut butter?

80smith
01-11-2010, 06:49 PM
Any thread longer than two pages is no longer about what the title says. In fact it's almost always just name calling.

Except this one!

Hilarious!

80smith
01-11-2010, 06:54 PM

Except this one!

Come to think of it. I have learned quite a few new name calling words.... I may have to start a new thread about all the new words the orange mane have tough me.

watermock
01-11-2010, 07:18 PM
What about has anyone said to stay away from bad peanut butter?

It's food allergy idiot.

Archer81
01-11-2010, 07:25 PM
I have learned the fine art of mockery.

theAPAOps5
01-11-2010, 07:30 PM
It's food allergy idiot.

Mock I specifically left out the peanut butter reference because I didn't want to offend you. I was hoping it would not be brought up.

Can we keep this thread to funny lessons learned and not make light of something that almost killed a guy. Yes I know you guys will say Mock wouldn't do the same, but that was the old mock.

Lets just keep this as a fun thread is all I am saying.

broncosteven
01-11-2010, 07:32 PM
Yes it is my friend. And please anyone feel free to add to this list because I am sure I missed many things.

If we all work together we can make the world a better place.

Can I add that posting after taking Ambien is not a good idea?

theAPAOps5
01-11-2010, 07:34 PM
Can I add that posting after taking Ambien is not a good idea?

Ah yes excellent addition!

maher_tyler
01-11-2010, 07:43 PM
After every guy signed to the PS or guys like Lonnie Paxton...someone within the first 10-20 posts needs to post a pic of the Lombardi trophy and nothing else!!

Bronx33
01-11-2010, 07:54 PM
Jumping on and off the broncos bandwagon is frowned upon your either on or you are off ( pick one) you will be called out and it will never be forgotten re: bf7

That One Guy
01-11-2010, 07:58 PM
Oh the places this thread could go...

We all hate someone until they're gone. If they're hurt, we then miss and love them. Once they return, we hate them again.

Lex always needs another RB in the first round. Unless he gets one... in which case he wanted something else.

Football season is actually just used to fill in the gap between drafts.

Spider doesn't need a GPS tracking device, he'll keep you posted on his whereabouts. Even if you don't ask.

The Defensive Coordinator we have sucks and the one we fired last sucked but it wasn't his fault because he just didn't have talent. Celebrate the current one's firing but mourn once the celebration ends.

Champ never ages.

Snyder loves giving us his draft picks.

Most of this post was rambling but it wasn't my fault, Griese's dog did it.

Harvitz81
01-11-2010, 08:04 PM
If you try to food jack a worthless BF7 thread he will tell the mods to ban everyone and do their job.

That One Guy
01-11-2010, 08:10 PM
Never underestimate Mock.

(Based on his new thread)

Click the link just because it says it's ok. Noone here would Rick Roll ya.

Dagmar
01-11-2010, 08:16 PM
I haven't seen Spider or Hotrod in ages.

Dagmar
01-11-2010, 08:16 PM
Never underestimate Mock.

(Based on his new thread)

Click the link just because it says it's ok. Noone here would Rick Roll ya.

Racist idiot is the term.

Cito Pelon
01-11-2010, 08:22 PM
There's one thing I've learned from the Mane, and that is I'm wary of whatever Apa has to say. And TheRev. Them two have some kind of symbiotic relationship. And Dave/Dortoh, I'd watch out for those two also, just a word of advice. They're some sneaky devils.

jhat01
01-11-2010, 08:36 PM
It's food allergy idiot.

See post 134 :rofl:

HAT
01-11-2010, 08:44 PM
....It's possible to be banned for a 2 word post.

d:-)

Dr. Broncenstein
01-11-2010, 08:49 PM
You can never be too nekkid to ride a lobster.

theAPAOps5
01-11-2010, 08:50 PM
There's one thing I've learned from the Mane, and that is I'm wary of whatever Apa has to say. And TheRev. Them two have some kind of symbiotic relationship. And Dave/Dortoh, I'd watch out for those two also, just a word of advice. They're some sneaky devils.

LOL Cito you and I haven't seen eye to eye but I thought we kind of agreed to disagree this season! Don't be wary!

Cito Pelon
01-11-2010, 09:05 PM
LOL Cito you and I haven't seen eye to eye but I thought we kind of agreed to disagree this season! Don't be wary!

I reserve the right to attack at all times. Nobody has an exemption. :-*

theAPAOps5
01-11-2010, 09:06 PM
Thats what I like about you!

_Oro_
01-11-2010, 09:12 PM
The love fest going on in here is weirding me out.

theAPAOps5
01-11-2010, 09:21 PM
Yeah I know Casson its weirding me out too. Its part of the awesome that this thread is!

MaloCS
01-11-2010, 09:25 PM
You know what I noticed? That most of the biggest mouths on the board don't even live in Colorado. Last week, to test my theory, I started hiding members that had a location outside of Colorado. Guess what, the forum became a ghost town with nearly all of the posts in any given thread being eliminated.

I find it ironic that most of OrangeMane's self proclaimed die hard fans don't even live in the state.

:rofl:

Dagmar
01-11-2010, 09:30 PM
You know what I noticed? That most of the biggest mouths on the board don't even live in Colorado. Last week, to test my theory, I started hiding members that had a location outside of Colorado. Guess what, the forum became a ghost town with nearly all of the posts in any given thread being eliminated.

I find it ironic that most of OrangeMane's self proclaimed die hard fans don't even live in the state.

Really? I do of course.

theAPAOps5
01-11-2010, 09:30 PM
I think its because more that fans from out of state flock to forums for info. Doesn't make them less of a fan just looking for info.

azbroncfan
01-11-2010, 09:34 PM
I learned that it is okay to have 2 NFL teams to root for.

Cito Pelon
01-11-2010, 09:45 PM
Thats what I like about you!

Why you sneaky devil. This what I warn people about. :wiggle:

ghwk
01-11-2010, 09:47 PM
i have learned that compared to some of you 10 year 20k+ posters no matter how long I participate on the mane I will always be a rookie carrying your pads and helmets to the locker room.

Doesn't mean I won't drag 'em (and you) through the mud on the way in though. :wave:

MaloCS
01-11-2010, 09:50 PM
I think its because more that fans from out of state flock to forums for info. Doesn't make them less of a fan just looking for info.

True... to a degree.

If I was living out of state I would frequent The Denver Post, 9News, Vic and Gary, The Fan, 850 KOA and the like. I wouldn't come to an internet message board to discover information. Let's face it, the only thing an internet message board is good for is gauging the pulse of the fans. After all, it's 99% opinion. It's purely editorial.

For every "out of state" person that calls me an idiot and proclaims I should just give the new coach a chance I know 10 Colorado natives that disagree. I just find it funny that most of the pro "new coach" opinions come from out of state.

NOTE: This is just a generality and not meant to imply that it is a hard fast rule for everyone.

jhat01
01-11-2010, 11:07 PM
True... to a degree

NOTE: This is just a generality and not meant to imply that it is a hard fast rule for everyone.

"I have no idea where he would have gotten ahold of German pornography. But you and I are mature adults; we've both seen our share of pornographic materials. Oh, you never have? Of course you haven't, how stupid of me. Neither have I. I was just speaking in generalities"

broncocalijohn
01-11-2010, 11:14 PM

Is this why ive been stuck in a tree in my neighbor's backyard? What the hell you mean hide us?

DivineLegion
01-11-2010, 11:29 PM
What does living in the state have anything to do with being diehard fans?

I was born when the Broncos were in the Super Bowl, They won their first superbowl on my birthday, if anyone was "Born" to be a Broncos fan...it was this guy.

MaloCS
01-11-2010, 11:52 PM
What does living in the state have anything to do with being diehard fans?

I was born when the Broncos were in the Super Bowl, They won their first superbowl on my birthday, if anyone was "Born" to be a Broncos fan...it was this guy.

It has everything to do with it. People from out of state do not live with the grassroots Broncos talk day in and day out. Like I stated earlier, for every big mouth "new coach" supporter on this forum I know 10 Colorado natives that think the guy needs to be on the first bus out of town.

I was born in 1971, that's 7 years before the Broncos first Super Bowl appearance. Not once in my 38 years have I ever seen a Broncos team this badly handled by the ownership and management. Not once. You know what? I know dozens of native Broncos fans that feel the same way.

Again, I find it ironic that the vast majority of "new coach" supporters on this forum are from outside the state of Colorado. Why is this?

watermock
01-12-2010, 12:24 AM
The board has really changed. We used to talk about final pieces to a SB.

Alot now is just cult of personality.

I read thru this thread, it' self-patronizing or insulting it reflects poorly, but some of that is just the nature of the internet, some is just ego. Some i just finding amusement in raising anothers temper, or being a spelling nazi.

That's what you get when a team goes 2-8 down the stretch.

watermock
01-12-2010, 12:31 AM
Thia team is worse than last year by a mile.

The D was fixed somwhat, but now, nothing is dominant on this team..NOTHING.

Clockwork Orange
01-12-2010, 12:55 AM
i have learned that compared to some of you 10 year 20k+ posters no matter how long I participate on the mane I will always be a rookie carrying your pads and helmets to the locker room.

Doesn't mean I won't drag 'em (and you) through the mud on the way in though. :wave:

Keep it up and we'll tape you to the goalposts again, meat. ;D

bronco610
01-12-2010, 01:21 AM
True... to a degree.

If I was living out of state I would frequent The Denver Post, 9News, Vic and Gary, The Fan, 850 KOA and the like. I wouldn't come to an internet message board to discover information. Let's face it, the only thing an internet message board is good for is gauging the pulse of the fans. After all, it's 99% opinion. It's purely editorial.

For every "out of state" person that calls me an idiot and proclaims I should just give the new coach a chance I know 10 Colorado natives that disagree. I just find it funny that most of the pro "new coach" opinions come from out of state.

Your an Idiot.;D I was born in Denver in 1958 and became a fan in 68. I like the opinions, coverage of training camp and for the most part the posters of the Mane. So there !!!!!

Taco John
01-12-2010, 01:28 AM

How many people do you know who have uprooted themselves from their homes sigularly because of their fandom?

It only stands to reason that there are more people from out of state on any given forum. If you live in-state, there are local papers and radio stations to get your Broncos fix from. You can go to any coffee shop and interact with fans. If you live in Idaho, you don't have that opportunity.

I don't see the irony you think you've uncovered.

Killericon
01-12-2010, 01:54 AM
It has everything to do with it. People from out of state do not live with the grassroots Broncos talk day in and day out. Like I stated earlier, for every big mouth "new coach" supporter on this forum I know 10 Colorado natives that think the guy needs to be on the first bus out of town.

I was born in 1971, that's 7 years before the Broncos first Super Bowl appearance. Not once in my 38 years have I ever seen a Broncos team this badly handled by the ownership and management. Not once. You know what? I know dozens of native Broncos fans that feel the same way.

Again, I find it ironic that the vast majority of "new coach" supporters on this forum are from outside the state of Colorado. Why is this?

Maybe because we don't get sucked into a pack mentality, surrounded by endless similar opinions about our team from peers and talk radio? ;)

I was born in Calgary, so if you could point me in the direction of the team I'm SUPPOSED to be rooting for, that'd be grand.

Also, I resent the "New Coach Supporter" label. I was a supporter of Mike Shanahan, and I was against him getting fired, but I support Josh McDaniels, and none of those things are contradictory.

Popps
01-12-2010, 01:58 AM

Yea, well... I've got a few years on you, I've been an out of state fan for 30 years, and the management is handling this team just fine.

When you win 1 playoff game in 10 seasons, **** has to change.

That's life. We went .500 this year in the midst of massive changes. So, you and your "dozens" of fans can feel however you'd like. Just don't confuse that with reality.

It was time for a change, Bowlen made a change... and he's got a history of doing things right. So, the rest of us fans (out of state or not) are going to give this thing a chance.

What's the alternative?

Bitching like a scored ex-girlfriend for the rest of your life?

Get over it, dude. Time marches on.

Popps
01-12-2010, 02:00 AM
Thia team is worse than last year by a mile.

The D was fixed somwhat, but now, nothing is dominant on this team..NOTHING.

I know, dude... and last year, we were so dominant at... well... crap.... let me think....

throwing interceptions!

It sucks that we're not "dominant" anymore.

Blueflame
01-12-2010, 02:15 AM
Yea, well... I've got a few years on you, I've been an out of state fan for 30 years, and the management is handling this team just fine.
2-8 in the last ten games is not "just fine"... especially in the absence of a spate of key injuries. Something's wrong and we all know it.

When you win 1 playoff game in 10 seasons, **** has to change.

Equally true when you win 2 out of 10 late-season games.... something has to change.

That's life. We went .500 this year in the midst of massive changes. So, you and your "dozens" of fans can feel however you'd like. Just don't confuse that with reality.

... and the last coach got fired for going .500...

It was time for a change, Bowlen made a change... and he's got a history of doing things right. So, the rest of us fans (out of state or not) are going to give this thing a chance.

What's the alternative?

b****ing like a scored ex-girlfriend for the rest of your life?

Get over it, dude. Time marches on.

All "change" is not "change that immediately... or even over the long haul... is an improvement.

broncocalijohn
01-12-2010, 03:32 AM
we stunk it up two years in a row. One was a coach that brought his own guys in and drafted for years. Other just got here and trying to do things his way. McD has had one year and Mike had since 1999. I felt weird when Mike was let go, but as time passed and realized that he lost it and would not get rid of Slowick, I had no problem with the firing. It is done and over. We were treading water with Mike. Give McD a chance to do something with this team. If Cutler stayed around, there is no guarantee that he would have won us more games. He didnt do it the year before when we clearly needed him to do it. Stop bitching and know it is a work in progress.

Blueflame
01-12-2010, 03:49 AM
we stunk it up two years in a row. One was a coach that brought his own guys in and drafted for years. Other just got here and trying to do things his way. McD has had one year and Mike had since 1999. I felt weird when Mike was let go, but as time passed and realized that he lost it and would not get rid of Slowick, I had no problem with the firing. It is done and over. We were treading water with Mike. Give McD a chance to do something with this team. If Cutler stayed around, there is no guarantee that he would have won us more games. He didnt do it the year before when we clearly needed him to do it. Stop b****ing and know it is a work in progress.

I've never stuttered about the fact that I suspect McDaniels may be too young and immature for a HC job... and could be in over his head. To illustrate my point... there was another young, overconfident leader who was given too much authority at a very young age and believed his way was the only correct way (that he was infallible and success was a foregone conclusion)... but while he never dreamed at the time that he was piloting an enormous "shipment of fail", history judges Custer as having been (an understatement, btw) "in over his head". Well, NFL history will eventually judge McDaniels.... and I sincerely hope it will be far, far kinder than U.S. history is to Custer.

watermock
01-12-2010, 03:54 AM
Entropy (information theory)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
This article is about the Shannon entropy in information theory. For other uses, see Entropy (disambiguation).
In information theory, entropy is a measure of the uncertainty associated with a random variable. The term by itself in this context usually refers to the Shannon entropy, which quantifies, in the sense of an expected value, the information contained in a message, usually in units such as bits. Equivalently, the Shannon entropy is a measure of the average information content one is missing when one does not know the value of the random variable. The concept was introduced by Claude E. Shannon in his 1948 paper "A Mathematical Theory of Communication".

Shannon's entropy represents an absolute limit on the best possible lossless compression of any communication, under certain constraints: treating messages to be encoded as a sequence of independent and identically-distributed random variables, Shannon's source coding theorem shows that, in the limit, the average length of the shortest possible representation to encode the messages in a given alphabet is their entropy divided by the logarithm of the number of symbols in the target alphabet.

A fair coin has an entropy of one bit. However, if the coin is not fair, then the uncertainty is lower (if asked to bet on the next outcome, we would bet preferentially on the most frequent result), and thus the Shannon entropy is lower. Mathematically, a coin flip is an example of a Bernoulli trial, and its entropy is given by the binary entropy function. A long string of repeating characters has an entropy rate of 0, since every character is predictable. The entropy rate of English text is between 1.0 and 1.5 bits per letter,[1] or as low as 0.6 to 1.3 bits per letter, according to estimates by Shannon based on human experiments.[2].

heh. Go figure.

watermock
01-12-2010, 04:01 AM
http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/therm/imgthe/timarr.gif

This the Broncos.

That One Guy
01-12-2010, 05:34 AM
If you really want to evaluate fans... what are you a fan of?

A team full of guys who would leave in a heartbeat if someone else offered more money?

Bragging rights for your hometown?

Bragging rights for "your team" over the other guy's team?

Today's NFL is just an avenue for highly athletic individuals to put on a show and make millions. In the end, they're after the money and the "fans" are after bragging rights. I think most fans root merely out of tradition and because it gives them a starting point in football conversations. If that's the case, who cares if you're from in state, out of state, or some loony Scottish guy who shouldn't even be watching American sports anyways?

watermock
01-12-2010, 06:03 AM
I've moved all over the country. By now, I pretty much apppreciate the talent.

In '86, sitting on the 20 15 rows back, different story.

missingnumber7
01-12-2010, 07:36 AM

Says that guy with 100 posts. And if you go to Mile High and walk through the parking lots on any given home game. I would bet that there is at least 30 to 40% out of state plates.

What does where you live have anything to do with what you a. know about football, b. know about the broncos, or c. bring to this online community.

jhat01
01-12-2010, 07:46 AM
Says that guy with 100 posts. And if you go to Mile High and walk through the parking lots on any given home game. I would bet that there is at least 30 to 40% out of state plates.

What does where you live have anything to do with what you a. know about football, b. know about the broncos, or c. bring to this online community.

I'm thinking that he was looking for a little more support from the locals on the board! hahah It's a totally lame take though, what about us folks that move because Uncle Sam says it's time?

Can you imagine if only local fans could buy the gear and go to games? There would be a lot less football teams.

missingnumber7
01-12-2010, 07:51 AM
I'm thinking that he was looking for a little more support from the locals on the board! hahah It's a totally lame take though, what about us folks that move because Uncle Sam says it's time?

Can you imagine if only local fans could buy the gear and go to games? There would be a lot less football teams.

It'd look like the Jacksonville or San Diego Stadium...more visitor than home fans. And before someone brings up the Stiller game. I would be willing to bet that many of those stiller fans were Coloradoans.

theAPAOps5
01-12-2010, 08:45 AM
What the hell did you jack asses do to my thread!

Wait....

Lesson 35: No thread on the Mane will ever stay civil its like a family reunion

missingnumber7
01-12-2010, 09:20 AM
You really need to edit the first post and add all the rules that have been added.

theAPAOps5
01-12-2010, 09:40 AM
You really need to edit the first post and add all the rules that have been added.

Oh good point. Will do that tonight.

missingnumber7
01-12-2010, 09:55 AM
Oh good point. Will do that tonight.

This thread is ROF bound...Thead of the year potential.

TailgateNut
01-12-2010, 10:02 AM
Any thread started by Mock, BF7 or Rasta should be food jacked immediately.

MaloCS
01-12-2010, 10:32 AM
It only stands to reason that there are more people from out of state on any given forum. If you live in-state, there are local papers and radio stations to get your Broncos fix from. You can go to any coffee shop and interact with fans. If you live in Idaho, you don't have that opportunity.

I agree with this statement. No argument here.

I don't see the irony you think you've uncovered.

The irony is that THE BIGGEST mouths on this board or from out of state. That in and of itself is ironic. I also find it ironic that most of the Mods reside out f state as well. ROFL!

Additionally, I don't see a location in your profile so it can be assumed you reside out of state. If this is the case then I can understand your aggressiveness.

MaloCS
01-12-2010, 10:39 AM

Ha ha ha. So I only have 100 posts. Maybe that's because I have a life and I can talk Broncos any time I want. You know, when I'm at home, work, school, the grocery store, over relatives homes, hell, even after church while visiting with other people. I'm not limited to The OrangeMane for my Broncos fixation.

Obviously you are implying that my post count has a direct correlation with my Broncos fanaticism. Okay... whatever. It's funny that the guy that lives out of state feels the need to get defensive about an OrangeMane tendency that is so easily proven. Hey, don't shoot the messenger. It is what it is. You live out of state and obviously feel the burning desire to make your Broncos allegiance recognized. I don't have the same desire because I live it every day.

missingnumber7
01-12-2010, 10:40 AM
I agree with this statement. No argument here.

The irony is that THE BIGGEST mouths on this board or from out of state. That in and of itself is ironic. I also find it ironic that most of the Mods reside out f state as well. ROFL!

Additionally, I don't see a location in your profile so it can be assumed you reside out of state. If this is the case then I can understand your aggressiveness.

Because the only people that can talk about the Broncos can be from Colorado. thwack :loser:

missingnumber7
01-12-2010, 10:41 AM
Ha ha ha. So I only have 100 posts. Maybe that's because I have a life and I can talk Broncos any time I want. You know, when I'm at home, work, school, the grocery store, over relatives homes, hell, even after church while visiting with other people. I'm not limited to The OrangeMane for my Broncos fixation.

Obviously you are implying that my post count has a direct correlation with my Broncos fanaticism. Okay... whatever. It's funny that the guy that lives out of state feels the need to get defensive about an OrangeMane tendency that is so easily proven.

Your just embarrased because the state of Colorado can't support the Broncos on their own obviously.

MaloCS
01-12-2010, 10:42 AM
Because the only people that can talk about the Broncos can be from Colorado. thwack :loser:

Hilarious!

MaloCS
01-12-2010, 10:43 AM
Your just embarrased because the state of Colorado can't support the Broncos on their own obviously.

I was born here. I was raised here. I will die here. The Broncos are in my blood.

Yes. I'm embarrassed about my state's support of the Broncos. That's why The OrangeMane recruited you to rectify the problem.

Hilarious!

missingnumber7
01-12-2010, 10:48 AM
I was born here. I was raised here. I will die here. The Broncos are in my blood.

Yes. I'm embarrassed about my state's support of the Broncos. That's why The OrangeMane recruited you to rectify the problem.

Hilarious!

Was born in Montana, moved to ND when I was young...I grew up a Broncos fan...have been ever since...nothings going to change that. I enjoy the OM because the local idiots think that the team in Purple is going to win the super bowl every year and then 3 weeks into the season they jumping off the bridges into the missouri. But if you honestly think that people from out of state are lesser fans and have nothing to add to this community then hey you are entitled to your opinion...but opinions are like arseholes...nuf said.

Dagmar
01-12-2010, 10:48 AM
Well APO. This is the sad truth about what we have all learned. The people with the 2 very opposing opinions on the team will allow their hatred and pettiness to destroy any thread, not matter if the original post and few pages were funny and seemed to be heading to classic thread status.

Archer81
01-12-2010, 10:52 AM
I learned from the OM that if you set up a poll asking which Bronco player you would allow your signifigant other to sleep with, I better put disclaimers stating its for entertainment purposes only, and not to be taken seriously...

Miss I.
01-12-2010, 10:53 AM
Hey if I used to live in Colorado, say in March, but then moved to England for a job, what does that mean for my fandom? (a poll should be started, where the heck is Hotrod or Elsid when you need them for a good poll) ;D

But to add complexity, I was born in LA, which had no football teams (unless you count the Faders or the lambs/ahem Rams) moved to Tucson (again no team unless you count the Thunderchickens of Phoenix) then San Diego (where the only team I saw play was Denver vs Green Bay in a little game they like to call the superbowl) then KC (which again only has a pee wee team called the Chefs) and then Colorado where finally, I had a football team? What does that mean? I am so confused. Dortoh please provide a poll so we can determine the state of my fandom.

Oh which reminds me of another rule which I think may have been mentioned, but here goes: If you don't agree with my take on the Denver Broncos, you are not a true Bronco fan. ;D

Doggcow
01-12-2010, 10:55 AM
Hey if I used to live in Colorado, say in March, but then moved to England for a job, what does that mean for my fandom? (a poll should be started, where the heck is Hotrod or Elsid when you need them for a good poll) ;D

But to add complexity, I was born in LA, which had no football teams (unless you count the Faders or the lambs/ahem Rams) moved to Tucson (again no team unless you count the Thunderchickens of Phoenix) then San Diego (where the only team I saw play was Denver vs Green Bay in a little game they like to call the superbowl) then KC (which again only has a pee wee team called the Chefs) and then Colorado where finally, I had a football team? What does that mean? I am so confused. Dortoh please provide a poll so we can determine the state of my fandom.

Oh which reminds me of another rule which I think may have been mentioned, but here goes: If you don't agree with my take on the Denver Broncos, you are not a true Bronco fan. ;D

I've just learned that I'm extremely attracted to Miss I.

gyldenlove
01-12-2010, 11:01 AM
I learned from the OM that if you set up a poll asking which Bronco player you would allow your signifigant other to sleep with, I better put disclaimers stating its for entertainment purposes only, and not to be taken seriously...

So it is a voyeurism thing? You would watch and be entertained?

Come on man, that is wrong - so wrong.

;)

gyldenlove
01-12-2010, 11:02 AM
My only connection to Colorado is that I spend 2 weeks there once and I lost my virginity to a chick from Colorado.

Archer81
01-12-2010, 11:02 AM
So it is a voyeurism thing? You would watch and be entertained?

Come on man, that is wrong - so wrong.

;)

Pshaw I say.

Archer81
01-12-2010, 11:03 AM
My brothers and mother are from here. So...I have dual citizenship. Mwa ha.

DivineLegion
01-12-2010, 11:10 AM

LOL Broncos fans in state were calling for Mike Shannahan to rebuild this team for last 10 years and finally when Bowlen calls in a new coach to do just that, everyone starts b****ing. You know what, thats why I love the Denver Broncos. No matter what the situation is we always demand success from our coaches, players, and ownership. Some people just need to realize the situation this football team is in, we started hot and faded but we also just hacked 50% of our roster. I guarantee you if you went out to a local construction site and put 300,000 pounds of pressure on an unfinished frame it would collapse. We are rebuilding this roster we put ourselves in position to make a playoff run and didn't have the depth to finnish...same situation. I don't know about you but im glad we replaced guys like John Engleberger and Jamie Winborn with Vonnie Holliday and Andre Davis.

Growing pains man, live with it.

Hogan11
01-12-2010, 11:26 AM
So I guess you can't be a true Broncos fan unless you live in or are from Colorado....

Wow, just wow. :nono:

Dagmar
01-12-2010, 11:33 AM
MaloCS, as very stupid trying to make this point, which is rather bull****.

I'm from Scotland, I have lived withing 30 miles of INVESCO for 5 years now. Where do I fall?

I think Bob was born in Aberdeen, Scotland but we all know he is a KC (closet Broncos) fan.

P.S. I don't know why this is in bold.