PDA

View Full Version : What teams would actually trade for Brandon Marshall for a 1st round pick?

UboBronco
01-10-2010, 08:56 PM
I am having trouble finding a team that I think would really trade a first round pick for Brandon. Baltimore is the only one, with Derrick Mason being older and almost retiring last year, but that pick, with their win today will be in the mid 20's. Maybe Tennessee....
Washington has a pick too high, and I really believe Shanny would not hitch his new gig to Brandon. Seattle, maybe with the pick we sent them, because I think TJ Housh has not worked out as they desired.

I really think we will have Brandon back next year, because no team will pay the price we feel he is worth. Mort on ESPN said Brandon is gone, and we will get a first for him, but where?

Looking for possible scenarios where both sides win.. Not for the Rams to give us their 1st pick overall for him, that will not happen.... Maybe their 2nd this year and 2nd next, but that is probably dreaming also.

What are your thoughts?

RhymesayersDU
01-10-2010, 09:04 PM
* Baltimore Ravens
* Buffalo Bills
* Carolina Panthers
* Chicago Bears
* Cincinnati Bengals
* Cleveland Browns
* Dallas Cowboys
* Jacksonville Jaguars
* Miami Dolphins
* St. Louis Rams
* Tampa Bay Buccaneers
* Tennessee Titans
* Washington Redskins

So... I copy/pasted the teams in the league and just went 1-by-1 and deleted any who on the surface (i.e., off the top of my head) who didn't need a big-time WR. So these teams that remain, in theory, probably would love BMarsh's services. I also think KC could use another WR threat, but we're not trading in in the division I'm sure.

Also, this is purely from a "who could use a top WR" perspective. Not a "what draft pick do they have" or "what contracts do they have/cap space/etc". I know some people will think I'm dumb with Dallas, but Roy Williams sucks, and if they could swing it financially would anybody really be surprised? Also re: Carolina. Steve Smith burning people deep and BMarsh handling everything else would be sick. If they had a QB. Cincy will need somebody opposite 85. Buffalo needs the younger version of T.O. The rest just probably need a WR.

orinjkrush
01-10-2010, 09:05 PM
after watching the playoff beatdown, i'm thinking Cincy

RhymesayersDU
01-10-2010, 09:07 PM
And again, re: my list.

I'm not saying any of those teams would give up their first rounders. I agree STL surely wouldn't. But from a football perspective, they all seem like they'd want BMarsh.

ZONA
01-10-2010, 09:08 PM
Um, I don't know. If I'm a GM somewhere and I have WR's that are struggling and I want instant production, I would easily look at BM. He's a match up nightmare for any CB or Safety and probably most of the nickel or dime LB's. He's got great hands, strong tall body, and is a probowl WR which has produced in 2 very different offenses and just entering his prime years. I would, from an outsiders view, look at the fact that he's been grossly underpaid and his complaints about a contract had merit. My only concern would be with his maturity and off the field issues but I would understand that HE also understands he doesn't have many chances left. He wants to win, he wants to stay in the league a long time to achieve his goals and make money. If he messes up and is gone, then he doesn't have a chance to make money. He knows that. At any rate, there are going to be risks with almost any player you bring it. I would give up a 1st for BM if I was a GM who felt my team was close and needed that WR to make a difference. Not sure I would start a rebuild phase with him as a GM not in Denver.

If somebody signed Vick after what he did, somebody would give up a 1st for BM.

gyldenlove
01-10-2010, 09:08 PM
Teams that could use a WR upgrade and could percievably pull the trigger:

Baltimore (Obvious)
Cleveland (I doubt it, but with Holmgren in I am not sure what they will do)
Chicago (No pick, but they need a WR)
St Louis (Their pick is too high to trade, but they need help, especially if they are looking for a new QB)
Tennessee (They need a WR to help out Vince Young and with Fisher maybe going they are looking at a new power structure)

Right now I have a few outsider teams who could pull the trigger on a trade if they feel the value is right: Miami, Cincinati and Seattle.

Florida_Bronco
01-10-2010, 09:15 PM
I'd gladly rape Baltimore of their 1st and 3rd rounder.

NFLBRONCO
01-10-2010, 09:34 PM
What about Seattle? Pete C seems to like big WR's maybe we can get 14 back

BroncoMan4ever
01-10-2010, 10:03 PM
if he hits RFA teams will definitely drop whatever is necessary to get him.

same thing as with Cutler where everyone was so sure we had shot ourselves in the foot with the potential trades because it was obvious we didn't want him. if the player is proven or has a ****load of potential teams will pay to get it, regardless of the situation with that players previous team

Missouribronc
01-10-2010, 10:05 PM
Hopefully his tender will be high and Denver will get someone's first and third, and his douchebaggery will entrench itself somewhere else.

Popps
01-10-2010, 10:06 PM
Sort of funny that everyone assumes Shanahan wouldn't trade for BM.

I agree. I just think it say a lot about what the perception of Marhsall must be out there.

tsiguy96
01-10-2010, 10:08 PM
i look at the players coming out in this draft, and it sucks because dez bryant is gonna want BM type money in his rookie year. he has same agent crabtree had (of course both are deions butt buddies). id use 2 first picks on DT and LB and 2nd/3rd on oline. if a QB is there in 1st/2nd, maybe go that route too. but oline is a must if we dont sign a good FA.

Lolad
01-10-2010, 10:08 PM
Hopefully his tender will be high and Denver will get someone's first and third, and his douchebaggery will entrench itself somewhere else.

Yea.. Lets throw away guaranteed production for phantom players who never stepped foot in the NFL and "HOPE AND PRAY" they contribute on a Pro Bowl Level ROFL!

NFLBRONCO
01-10-2010, 10:09 PM
I want McCluster

The MVPlaya
01-10-2010, 10:11 PM
Teams that could use a WR upgrade and could percievably pull the trigger:

Baltimore (Obvious)
Cleveland (I doubt it, but with Holmgren in I am not sure what they will do)
Chicago (No pick, but they need a WR)
St Louis (Their pick is too high to trade, but they need help, especially if they are looking for a new QB)
Tennessee (They need a WR to help out Vince Young and with Fisher maybe going they are looking at a new power structure)

Right now I have a few outsider teams who could pull the trigger on a trade if they feel the value is right: Miami, Cincinati and Seattle.

Miami is not looking to sign big time names thru FA (this is essentially the same as they would have to give BM a new contract). They want to draft their pro bowl players and use the FA period to fill in positions with "solid" players.

Pretty much - they're saying that they value draft picks more than anything else.

Missouribronc
01-10-2010, 10:11 PM
Yea.. Lets throw away guaranteed production for phantom players who never stepped foot in the NFL and "HOPE AND PRAY" they contribute on a Pro Bowl Level ROFL!

You do realize that he doesn't give a **** about the organization and that he is a complete malcontent, right (No matter where he is)?

NFLBRONCO
01-10-2010, 10:13 PM
Sort of funny that everyone assumes Shanahan wouldn't trade for BM.

I agree. I just think it say a lot about what the perception of Marhsall must be out there.

I expect Shanny to go after BM because he will want guys that knows his system.

SonOfLe-loLang
01-10-2010, 10:16 PM
You do realize that he doesn't give a **** about the organization and that he is a complete malcontent, right (No matter where he is)?

If all the guys on the team didn't give a **** about the organization and produced like BM has over the past three years, I'd take it.

Missouribronc
01-10-2010, 10:17 PM
If all the guys on the team didn't give a **** about the organization and produced like BM has over the past three years, I'd take it.

He's a detriment to the team.

Deal with it.

enjolras
01-10-2010, 11:07 PM
Nevermind

TheDave
01-10-2010, 11:09 PM

I think Baltimore is our best chance of getting a #1... assuming they don't win it all this year.

The MVPlaya
01-10-2010, 11:09 PM
As a restricted free agent (uncapped year) can't the broncos tender him an offer and receive compensation when someone picks him up. Like a first and third?

where would that 1st and 3rd be? At the very end? that's what I'm confused about.

SonOfLe-loLang
01-10-2010, 11:50 PM
He's a detriment to the team.

Deal with it.

Something tells me Brandon Marshall wasn't the reason for our epic slide. Though if you'd like to find a scapegoat, go right ahead.

SonOfLe-loLang
01-10-2010, 11:51 PM
where would that 1st and 3rd be? At the very end? that's what I'm confused about.

its the 1st and 3rd of whoever signs him

Popps
01-11-2010, 12:07 AM
Something tells me Brandon Marshall wasn't the reason for our epic slide. Though if you'd like to find a scapegoat, go right ahead.

True... but he sure wasn't part of pulling us out of it, either. Crappy day in Philly and hurt himself walking in practice for the KC game.

Or, was he too chilly without his sweater outside. I can't recall witch bull**** excuse it was.

bpc
01-11-2010, 12:10 AM
Somebody. Hopefully.

NFLBRONCO
01-11-2010, 12:14 AM
CBS4 guys and Sharpe thinks you don't trade a top 3 wr.

Killericon
01-11-2010, 01:26 AM
http://www.perezfox.com/images/mcd_bag.jpg

'Nuff said. If we can get a 1st out of him, I'd be over the moon. Maybe we could package our 2nd and Marshall and get Washington's 1st(A man can dream, right)?

BroncoMan4ever
01-11-2010, 02:49 AM

since when are we in possession of Andre Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald or Reggie Wayne?

we don't have a top 3 receiver. we have a very good possession receiver.

Doggcow
01-11-2010, 02:56 AM

How many times did TO get traded when he was still and Elite receiver?

fontaine
01-11-2010, 03:32 AM
Awesome, let's trade our top possession WR in an offense which solely depends on a big possession WR as we don't fling the ball downfield or take a lot of shots on intermediate routes.

While we're at it, let's get rid of our only real deep threat in Scheffler also. Yeah, that ought to fix the passing offense when we have to rely on small, light WRs and open up the running game.

rastaman
01-11-2010, 05:12 AM
since when are we in possession of Andre Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald or Reggie Wayne?

Meh! Marshall is right up there with the top 3 WR's in the NFL. The top 3 WR's in the NFL do not have a Kyle Orton type limited QB throwing them the ball; nor are any of the top 3 or 5 WR's playing in McD's offensive dink and dunk limited scheme.

Imagine for just a moment that Marshall can play on a team that has a QB that can hit him in full stride! on just slant patterns alone. It would be absolutely nasty and embarassing at the same time. The Embarashment for 2010 would be Bmarsh tearing up the league and Cutler turning the corner and no longer throwing interceptions and he's tearing up the league; and both were former Broncos. Thats what we fans and the Broncos are facing down the road. Sure its great to get hi 1st rnd draft choices but you never know if those hi picks will BUST.

Meanwhile Cutler and Marshall are having Pro Bowl seasons for other teams.

Broncoman13
01-11-2010, 06:03 AM
Holmgren gave up a late first for a rec that had mediocre production. I think they would do a deal for BMarsh in a heart beat. Probably not their first, but a swap of first round picks a 2nd and a player. Their are a few that want out in Cleveland. Best case would be Cribbs. But I would also consider a few on their DL, Quinn, or a big nasty from their OL. Keep in mind, they were running the ball as well as anyone at seasons end.

fontaine
01-11-2010, 06:14 AM

Well even so, why mess with that? Since when is creating a hole in your roster a good idea?

We already have multiple needs along the trenches, why add more problems to a roster that has multiple needs by trading away our best offensive weapon?

Orton is a good QB but he's not going to get it done with Royal/Gaff and a sub par running game.

barryr
01-11-2010, 06:49 AM
None of those teams with a top 10 pick is going to offer a 1st rounder, at least not in 2010, so that takes away many teams right there.

I'd say teams like Miami, Tennessee, Tampa, and Carolina would be the more likely of teams, if any though Tampa has so many holes, I would be surprised if they would.

CEH
01-11-2010, 07:01 AM
IMO

Who will give up a first? Has to be a late first and Balt the obvisous choice as they lost the Pitts game on some bad WR play

NE seems in play with a late 1st and several 2nds but my drarkhorse is Indy

Both teams have late 1st which is nothing for the talent that will be there at the end of the first. Moss I doubt has a future in NE and Welker won't be ready by Sept

Indy just because Peyton seemed to enjoy working with BMarsh in last year's Pro Bowl and by giving up a first for BMarsh in '10 who would stop Indy's offense.

Broncoman13
01-11-2010, 07:09 AM
What a lot of people are forgetting about the first round picks is that we can offer a pretty high pick back in a swap. A pick that many teams would probably rather have. The #10 or 11 pick may be intriguing to a team like the Browns if there isn't anybody in the 7 spot that they like. Save themselves a few million in the process and still be able to address their needs a few picks later. Then we get their 2nd round pick, which is essentially a late first in a very deep draft. This draft is deep enough that Brandon Spikes could be there for us in the 2nd round, even at our own pick. The Browns 2nd round pick is a very attractive option, IMO.

fontaine
01-11-2010, 08:22 AM
IMO

Who will give up a first? Has to be a late first and Balt the obvisous choice as they lost the Pitts game on some bad WR play

NE seems in play with a late 1st and several 2nds but my drarkhorse is Indy

Both teams have late 1st which is nothing for the talent that will be there at the end of the first. Moss I doubt has a future in NE and Welker won't be ready by Sept

Indy just because Peyton seemed to enjoy working with BMarsh in last year's Pro Bowl and by giving up a first for BMarsh in '10 who would stop Indy's offense.

Now that is just some awesome logic.

Let's send our top ten WR to any three of the strongest perennial playoff teams in the AFC who we hope to compete against in the playoffs the next couple of seasons.

I mean, what can you say about that kind of reasoning?

meangene
01-11-2010, 08:32 AM
What a lot of people are forgetting about the first round picks is that we can offer a pretty high pick back in a swap. A pick that many teams would probably rather have. The #10 or 11 pick may be intriguing to a team like the Browns if there isn't anybody in the 7 spot that they like. Save themselves a few million in the process and still be able to address their needs a few picks later. Then we get their 2nd round pick, which is essentially a late first in a very deep draft. This draft is deep enough that Brandon Spikes could be there for us in the 2nd round, even at our own pick. The Browns 2nd round pick is a very attractive option, IMO.

An interesting thought. Swap firsts, and get back their second and Cribbs. I think he should be playing RB btw and not WR. By taking an early second rather than another late first, we save money there as well. Who would you be targeting at 7? Or do we use that to trade back to a team that wants Bradford or Clausen?

I do think realistically we are looking at a later first round pick for him but something worth thinking about.

meangene
01-11-2010, 08:34 AM

Let's send our top ten WR to any three of the strongest perennial playoff teams in the AFC who we hope to compete against in the playoffs the next couple of seasons.

Well, if we can get them in a cold weather playoff game we should be golden! :rofl:

CEH
01-11-2010, 08:38 AM

The question was "Who would be willing to trade a first for BMarsh" not where will BMarsh end up?

How's that for reasoning.

fontaine
01-11-2010, 09:01 AM
The question was "Who would be willing to trade a first for BMarsh" not where will BMarsh end up?

How's that for reasoning.

Still pretty retarded from the Broncos perspective.

Cool Breeze
01-11-2010, 09:20 AM
How many times did TO get traded when he was still and Elite receiver?

a couple

NFLBRONCO
01-11-2010, 09:53 AM

I just said, what they said is all. I expect BM to be traded.

NFLBRONCO
01-11-2010, 09:59 AM
I believe it will end up BM for a player and a pick then #1 and a 3.

bloodsunday
01-11-2010, 10:35 AM
after watching the playoff beatdown, i'm thinking Cincy

I thought the EXACT same thing. Once you take Ochocinco away, there is no one to exploit the middle of the field. They could use both Brandon and Scheffler IMO.

bloodsunday
01-11-2010, 10:40 AM
I think there is also a misconception in the idea that Denver will get a 1st and 3rd for Marshall. Any team signing him would have to give him 55 - 60M plus give us a 1st and 3rd. I don't think anyone views him as worth that much. I don't view many players in the entire league worth that price tag.

The most likely scenario IMO would be that Denver finds the right partner and trades the rights to Brandon for less than a 1st and 3rd -- perhaps just a first. And then that team has the right to negotiate with Brandon without the RFA part hanging over them.

montrose
01-11-2010, 10:54 AM

A good idea. Here's two (somewhat realistic) deals for me to present to Mr. Xanders:

1) Brandon Marshall and #11 to Cleveland for #7 and Joshua Cribbs.
Cleveland gets a true #1 WR and stays in the 1st round while the Broncos move up a few slots and the best return man in football who could also bring some much needed explosiveness to thie offense.

2) Brandon Marshall to Seattle for #14 and Deion Branch.
I'm thinking Pete Carroll wouldn't mind a guy like Marshall to complement TJ Houshmanzadeh and Nate Burleson while Denver recoups it's 1st round pick and brings in a guy who knows Josh McDaniels' offense in-and-out.

Beantown Bronco
01-11-2010, 11:03 AM
I think there is also a misconception in the idea that Denver will get a 1st and 3rd for Marshall. Any team signing him would have to give him 55 - 60M plus give us a 1st and 3rd. I don't think anyone views him as worth that much. I don't view many players in the entire league worth that price tag.

Like I pointed out last week, Darius Hayward Bey signed for not much less than that. Whoever signs a WR in the first round this year will have to pay close to that. Why go with an unproven college guy that may never amount to crap (see Bey) when you can pay out another $5 mil or so in guaranteed money for a guy who has already proven he's a top talent? It's really not that steep a price when you look at it.

TheDave
01-11-2010, 11:04 AM
A good idea. Here's two (somewhat realistic) deals for me to present to Mr. Xanders:

Cleveland gets a true #1 WR and stays in the 1st round while the Broncos move up a few slots and the best return man in football who could also bring some much needed explosiveness to thie offense.

I'm thinking Pete Carroll wouldn't mind a guy like Marshall to complement TJ Houshmanzadeh and Nate Burleson while Denver recoups it's 1st round pick and brings in a guy who knows Josh McDaniels' offense in-and-out.

#2 would be good... #1, not so much.

#1 kills most of our big play talent on offense and doesn't give us the chance to add additional players to that side of the ball. All it really does is gaurantee us McClain.

tsiguy96
01-11-2010, 11:06 AM

you overrate cribbs. i would do #2.

Beantown Bronco
01-11-2010, 11:08 AM

I think I'd turn in my fan card if either of those scenarios played out. Especially #1. Cribbs isn't worth more than a 3rd rounder or so for a team like the Broncos. Why? Because a good kick returner only has a chance in MAYBE half the games. They are neutralized in Denver with all the touchbacks and fair catches and they are essentially neutralized at Oakland and San Diego because of their superior punters who don't give up big returns. How much do you really value someone who can be so easily neutralized in at least 10 of the 16 games? He'd be more valuable to the teams who play at sea level, outside of divisions like the AFC West which have really good punters.

And Deion Branch doesn't interest me in the least. He's at best a REALLY poor man's Jabar Gaffney at this point.

gyldenlove
01-11-2010, 11:27 AM
I think I'd turn in my fan card if either of those scenarios played out. Especially #1. Cribbs isn't worth more than a 3rd rounder or so for a team like the Broncos. Why? Because a good kick returner only has a chance in MAYBE half the games. They are neutralized in Denver with all the touchbacks and fair catches and they are essentially neutralized at Oakland and San Diego because of their superior punters who don't give up big returns. How much do you really value someone who can be so easily neutralized in at least 10 of the 16 games? He'd be more valuable to the teams who play at sea level, outside of divisions like the AFC West which have really good punters.

And Deion Branch doesn't interest me in the least. He's at best a REALLY poor man's Jabar Gaffney at this point.

Why would we want Cribbs? The dude wants at least 3.5 mill a year is talking holdout. He may be an even bigger headache than Marshall right now because unlike Marshall Cribbs has a very limited shelf life and is not a consistent offensive weapon.

If we are looking at a Cleveland trade then Shaun Rogers would make infinitely more sense if we are not talking picks - Marshall and a 3rd to Cleveland for their 1st.

ELEVATION
01-11-2010, 11:35 AM
Baltimore
San Fran
Miami
Carolina
St Louis
Tampa
Clevland

eddie mac
01-11-2010, 11:53 AM

**** the picks I'd rather get some of their defenders here.

Suggs for Marshall, I'd break their hands off, throw in Kelly Gregg to cap the deal.

Infact if we dont try to sign Dwan Edwards in FA I'll be really pissed, one of the most under-rated run defenders in the league at 3-4 end.

colonelbeef
01-11-2010, 11:54 AM
* Baltimore Ravens
* Buffalo Bills
* Carolina Panthers
* Chicago Bears
* Cincinnati Bengals
* Cleveland Browns
* Dallas Cowboys
* Jacksonville Jaguars
* Miami Dolphins
* St. Louis Rams
* Tampa Bay Buccaneers
* Tennessee Titans
* Washington Redskins

So... I copy/pasted the teams in the league and just went 1-by-1 and deleted any who on the surface (i.e., off the top of my head) who didn't need a big-time WR. So these teams that remain, in theory, probably would love BMarsh's services. I also think KC could use another WR threat, but we're not trading in in the division I'm sure.

Also, this is purely from a "who could use a top WR" perspective. Not a "what draft pick do they have" or "what contracts do they have/cap space/etc". I know some people will think I'm dumb with Dallas, but Roy Williams sucks, and if they could swing it financially would anybody really be surprised? Also re: Carolina. Steve Smith burning people deep and BMarsh handling everything else would be sick. If they had a QB. Cincy will need somebody opposite 85. Buffalo needs the younger version of T.O. The rest just probably need a WR.

Add in the Jets and Giants, both will be looking for a #1 receiver.

ELEVATION
01-11-2010, 12:19 PM
Add in the Jets and Giants, both will be looking for a #1 receiver.

the jets are a power run first team, and have edwards now.....they dont really have the picks to give or the funds to sign marshall to anything substantial...its a possibility but i would put them way down and the end of list..

and the giants have hakeem nicks and steve smith and love both...they also like mario mannigham..doubtful they drop the funds or compensation needed for marshall...

Beantown Bronco
01-11-2010, 12:26 PM
the jets are a power run first team, and have edwards now.....they dont really have the picks to give or the funds to sign marshall to anything substantial...its a possibility but i would put them way down and the end of list..

Apparently, you haven't seen how much $ that new stadium of theirs is going to be raking in next year. It's insane. The PSLs alone will pay for 10 Marshalls if they want.

ELEVATION
01-11-2010, 12:32 PM
Apparently, you haven't seen how much $ that new stadium of theirs is going to be raking in next year. It's insane. The PSLs alone will pay for 10 Marshalls if they want.

as i said its possible but i highly doubt rex ryan makes a move like that...New york fans dont like BS and marshall is full of it....

TheReverend
01-11-2010, 01:13 PM
True... but he sure wasn't part of pulling us out of it, either. Crappy day in Philly and hurt himself walking in practice for the KC game.

Or, was he too chilly without his sweater outside. I can't recall witch bull**** excuse it was.

And the week before that he was the only player that showed up against Oakland.

And the week before that he set an NFL record against Indy

And the week before that...

SureShot
01-11-2010, 01:15 PM
And last year he played with an injured hip that was misdiagnosed.

watermock
01-11-2010, 01:16 PM
I'd trade him straight up for Aaron Greene.Ha! Or Kurt Warner !

Noone has a clue really,I think Carroll or Balt.

montrose
01-11-2010, 01:31 PM
#2 would be good... #1, not so much.

#1 kills most of our big play talent on offense and doesn't give us the chance to add additional players to that side of the ball. All it really does is gaurantee us McClain.

Don't underestimate what Cribbs could bring to the offense. He'd bring an explosive dimension to Wild Horses and other areas of the offense. He's a guy the defense would have to account for on every play.

I really don't think Marshall is going to have the trade value some think he will, all things considered (labor agreement, off-field, etc.), therefore I was trying to look at some other scenerios seeing draft picks might be at a premium. I do think Cribbs would bring an explosiveness to our offense we don't have and Branch's familiarity with the scheme would be nice. Also, one reason I mentioned those two trades as realistic is that CBS4 was saying last night those would be two likely guys the Broncos may target in a trade if they can't receive draft picks as compensation.

Why would we want Cribbs? The dude wants at least 3.5 mill a year is talking holdout. He may be an even bigger headache than Marshall right now because unlike Marshall Cribbs has a very limited shelf life and is not a consistent offensive weapon.

If we are looking at a Cleveland trade then Shaun Rogers would make infinitely more sense if we are not talking picks - Marshall and a 3rd to Cleveland for their 1st.

I agree on the Cribbs assesment, but I'm just not very optimistic as to Marshall's trade value. Rogers would be awesome, so awesome.

fontaine
01-11-2010, 02:11 PM
Marshall is a matchup nightmare. He can beat pretty much most of the CBs one on one and any team with a good QB would have no problem giving up at least a first. The catch is going to be ofcourse signing him to a long term deal.

However, I'd still rather have him in Denver because our passing offense pretty depends on him most of the time. Without Marshall in Denver our passing offense is going back to the stone ages.

CEH
01-11-2010, 02:16 PM
Still pretty retarded from the Broncos perspective.

check back when Marshall is traded on March 5th
I think you'll be suprised where he ends up so don't blame me

mattob14
01-11-2010, 02:36 PM

#1's just not enough. The difference between #10 and #7 is pretty minimal and Cribbs isn't worth Marshall. If I thought McCoy or Suh would be there at #7, it would be different. Add in the Browns' 2nd, as mentioned earlier, and then it's pretty close. That would equate to roughly a late-1st plus Cribbs in value, which I wouldn't mind.

#2 I like. Branch isn't my favorite player, but he does know the system and could help as a placeholder until we groom a younger WR. #14 brings a lot of value though. We could add a playmaker like Spiller there, or move down 6 or 8 slots, add a later pick or two (maybe a 3rd and 5th, or a late 2nd) and pick up Dan Williams or Cody.

gyldenlove
01-11-2010, 03:05 PM
#1's just not enough. The difference between #10 and #7 is pretty minimal and Cribbs isn't worth Marshall. If I thought McCoy or Suh would be there at #7, it would be different. Add in the Browns' 2nd, as mentioned earlier, and then it's pretty close. That would equate to roughly a late-1st plus Cribbs in value, which I wouldn't mind.

#2 I like. Branch isn't my favorite player, but he does know the system and could help as a placeholder until we groom a younger WR. #14 brings a lot of value though. We could add a playmaker like Spiller there, or move down 6 or 8 slots, add a later pick or two (maybe a 3rd and 5th, or a late 2nd) and pick up Dan Williams or Cody.

Branch isn't that familiar with Mcdaniels offense, he went to Seattle the same year Mcdaniels was named offensive coordinator. So had 1 year with Mcdaniels, who didn't actually call the plays that year I believe.

BroncoMan4ever
01-11-2010, 03:11 PM
Meh! Marshall is right up there with the top 3 WR's in the NFL. The top 3 WR's in the NFL do not have a Kyle Orton type limited QB throwing them the ball; nor are any of the top 3 or 5 WR's playing in McD's offensive dink and dunk limited scheme.

Imagine for just a moment that Marshall can play on a team that has a QB that can hit him in full stride! on just slant patterns alone. It would be absolutely nasty and embarassing at the same time. The Embarashment for 2010 would be Bmarsh tearing up the league and Cutler turning the corner and no longer throwing interceptions and he's tearing up the league; and both were former Broncos. Thats what we fans and the Broncos are facing down the road. Sure its great to get hi 1st rnd draft choices but you never know if those hi picks will BUST.

Meanwhile Cutler and Marshall are having Pro Bowl seasons for other teams.

if Cutler turns his career around and becomes an elite QB i will strip naked and run the 16th street mall.

and all this crap about Marshall having a good QB throwing to him, you sound so sure Cutler is a great QB, yet Marshall wasn't any better the previous 2 years than he was this season with Orton thowing him the ball.

BroncoMan4ever
01-11-2010, 03:16 PM

i am not really that high on either of these scenarios. i love the idea of getting Cribbs. but you are basically saying that he and Marshall are of equal value. Cribbs is awesome but not worth a Brandon Marshall.

to make that trade correct it would need to be Marshall and a 3rd for number 7 and Cribbs.

and while the 2nd option is interesting, i don't think Branch has that much left, and we would just be creating a void, unless we somehow managed to get Dez Bryant with one of the 1st round picks.

montrose
01-11-2010, 03:41 PM
In terms of pure football value, Marshall should be through the roof. But considering the labor situation, his off-field history, the fact you rarely get fair value for a star player, his contract demands and the fact the rest of the league knows we almost have to deal him - I think our compensation demands will hit a major reality check.

WABronco
01-11-2010, 03:57 PM
That 2nd scenario is interesting, but only because of the 14th pick. Branch has been total garbage, and he's had multiple surgeries. Hasn't played a full season for Seattle.

But ya, Montrose, I agree with your recent post. I really don't see us getting good value for Marshall.

mattob14
01-11-2010, 05:03 PM
Branch isn't that familiar with Mcdaniels offense, he went to Seattle the same year Mcdaniels was named offensive coordinator. So had 1 year with Mcdaniels, who didn't actually call the plays that year I believe.

It's not like the NE offense went through a major philosophical change when McD took over though. And Branch isn't the focal point of that trade. #14 for Marshall straight-up seems to work for both teams, Branch is essentially a throw-in to help Denver keep some semblance of a WR core while they groom a replacement for Marshall.