PDA

View Full Version : OT: Jets vs. Chargers and Raven vs. Colts-- Call 'Em

Captain 'Dre
01-10-2010, 04:28 PM
IMO, the Chargers would have to play a poor game-- something they haven't done in quite a while-- to lose this match up. They just have more weapons than the Jets do, and New York would have to force several turnovers and pull an Eddie Royal on them, scoring on kick returns, to have a chance.

The Ravens/Colts match up should be entertaining. I expect Peyton Manning to ultimately pull out a victory, but the Ravens mean business, if today's game against the Pats is any indication.

Chargers/Colts in the AFC Championship Game, in my humble opinion.

Any other Nostra-dumbasses out there?

Doggcow
01-10-2010, 04:31 PM
I really want Jets to win and then they beat Indy

RhymesayersDU
01-10-2010, 04:33 PM
Unsure as to why you marked this "OT."

Archer81
01-10-2010, 04:34 PM
Jets-Ravens for AFC Championship. I can dream...

:Broncos:

WolfpackGuy
01-10-2010, 04:35 PM
Colts should take out the Ravens.

Jets-Chuggers should be interesting with Jets rushing attack against SD's nonexistent run defense.

I'm sure Rex Ryan has plenty in store for Phyllis.

OBF1
01-10-2010, 05:08 PM
Colts and Chargers, no doubt about it.

Bronx33
01-10-2010, 05:09 PM
The chargers will fold next round.

loborugger
01-10-2010, 05:17 PM
Chargers host the Ravens in the AFC title game.

rbackfactory80
01-10-2010, 05:17 PM
Both dogs have more than a chance.

Captain 'Dre
01-10-2010, 05:21 PM
Unsure as to why you marked this "OT."

'Cause it's not about the Broncos. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v282/bosefus69/shrug.gif

Xenos
01-10-2010, 05:30 PM
Colts should take out the Ravens.

Jets-Chuggers should be interesting with Jets rushing attack against SD's nonexistent run defense.

I'm sure Rex Ryan has plenty in store for Phyllis.
The Steelers are the only team to give us problems with their rushing attack. We've actually neutralized a lot of the great rushing teams this year. The Titans, Bengals, Dolphins, and Cowboys come to mind. The Titans in particular is interesting since Chris Johnson got most of his yards after we pulled out most of our first stringers and was up by multiple possessions.

Besides, it's Mark Sanchez we're playing against.

Cmac821
01-10-2010, 05:50 PM
The Steelers are the only team to give us problems with their rushing attack. We've actually neutralized a lot of the great rushing teams this year. The Titans, Bengals, Dolphins, and Cowboys come to mind. The Titans in particular is interesting since Chris Johnson got most of his yards after we pulled out most of our first stringers and was up by multiple possessions.

Besides, it's Mark Sanchez we're playing against.

WTF, a San Diego fan using words like "us" and "we're?

BigBad
01-10-2010, 06:00 PM
If the Jets do the Revis on Jackson and double Gates deal then line up Jackson strong side and send him long. Send Gates on a route to the weak side and screen to the strong side all day. They will not be able to handle Sproles with that much space. It will be a repeat of the Indy playoff game last year.

There were plenty of open Bengals but Palmer just sucked yesterday. Rivers will not thus Chargers win.

400HZ
01-10-2010, 06:45 PM
Chargers/Ravens would be my guess, but I'd rather have SD face Indy next round.

Popcorn Sutton
01-10-2010, 06:56 PM
Chargers/Ravens would be my guess, but I'd rather have SD face Indy next round.

Chuggers are finally going to the Superbowl. I can't stand it but I thinks it's finally your year.

Broncoman13
01-10-2010, 07:03 PM
IMO, the Chargers would have to play a poor game-- something they haven't done in quite a while-- to lose this match up. They just have more weapons than the Jets do, and New York would have to force several turnovers and pull an Eddie Royal on them, scoring on kick returns, to have a chance.

The Ravens/Colts match up should be entertaining. I expect Peyton Manning to ultimately pull out a victory, but the Ravens mean business, if today's game against the Pats is any indication.

Chargers/Colts in the AFC Championship Game, in my humble opinion.

Any other Nostra-dumbasses out there?
\
Larry Coyer coached defenses do a good job stopping the run. If the Ravens are going to win it will be b/c Flacco takes them there and I really don't see that happening. I'll tell you this much, the Colts are huge Jets fans this weekend. The Chargers can throw the ball all over the place and the Colts weakest link is their secondary.

The Jets are the team that intrigues me the most right now (in the AFC). The Chargers have struggled to stop the run, but they overcome that by getting big leads and forcing teams to be one dimensional. If the Jets secondary can keep Rivers and his receiving corps out of the endzone early, they'll win. Mark Sanchez is the X-factor here. Hard to depend on a rookie to not make mistakes... if he does, the Chargers will capitalize on them. I hope the Chargers win so they can take it to the Colts. You don't mess with destiny and the Colts had destiny within reach and pissed it away.

The NFC is even more intriguing. I think the Cowboys have the recipe to beat the Vikings. Very balanced on offense and their defense is playing the most inspired ball that I've seen out of Dallas in several years. As much as Pittsburgh fans would like you to believe that Woodley is the best LOLB, the truth is, nobody is playing better football than Spencer at this point. The Cowboys have hit the jackpot with Ware on one side and Spencer on the other.
As for the Cards/Saints game... They'll be going for the record... and breaking it for the 2nd week in a row. Final score in that one, AZ wins 52-49. :)

azbroncfan
01-10-2010, 07:05 PM
The Jets have huge advantage on both lines so they could win but I expect SD in a close game to pull it out. Indy usually beats Baltimore so I expect the same from them.

carlosgmz1
01-10-2010, 07:17 PM

that's wat i see happening! :vermeil:

ColoradoBuff
01-10-2010, 07:38 PM
ravens will give the colts everything they want and pull off the upset.

boltaneer
01-10-2010, 08:35 PM
The Ravens and Jets are playing at the top of their game right now. I think both teams are very dangerous. These should be great games next week, unlike the blowouts we had this weekend.

Archer81
01-10-2010, 09:16 PM
If the Jets do the Revis on Jackson and double Gates deal then line up Jackson strong side and send him long. Send Gates on a route to the weak side and screen to the strong side all day. They will not be able to handle Sproles with that much space. It will be a repeat of the Indy playoff game last year.

There were plenty of open Bengals but Palmer just sucked yesterday. Rivers will not thus Chargers win.

Playoffs changes things. Never know how a team coming off a bye will come out.

boltaneer
01-10-2010, 09:22 PM
Playoffs changes things. Never know how a team coming off a bye will come out.

I have a good feeling the Bolts will be ready. This ain't the nervous Marty-led team of '06.

However, the Jets do match up very well against the Chargers so I don't think this will be an easy game at all.

If the Bolts win convincingly though, look out!

Los Broncos
01-10-2010, 09:39 PM
God, I hope NY beats SD, nothing would make me more happy.

And I am going with the Colts, I wouldn't put anything past Manning.

TheDave
01-10-2010, 09:44 PM
Chargers V. Baltimore...

I hate both teams so much I'm not sure I will even be able to watch it.

strafen
01-10-2010, 09:48 PM
I've got the Jets beating the Chargers.
I think the Jets defense will frustrate Rivers, which is the key to beating the Chargers.
Baltimore, just got not enough offense to beat the Colts...

richpjr
01-10-2010, 11:06 PM
I think the Chargers will smoke the Jets. That offense is in a zone and the bye week will really help the banged up players on their defense. I think they cover the 8 point spread.

I have no idea what to think about the Colts-Ravens game. I wouldn't be surprised at anything that happened in that game. I would be really surprised is the Colts turn the ball over and hand the game to the Ravens like the Pats did. If the Ravens are going to pull the upset, they are going to need Flacco to put up better numbers than his 10 QB rating he did today - much better.

bpc
01-10-2010, 11:12 PM
Go Colts and Jets. That would be awesome. F the Chargers.

boltaneer
01-11-2010, 12:37 AM
I'm going with the Ravens this weekend. Something about the vibe coming from the Colts after being pulled in the Jets game has me thinking they're not going to get the job done.

Rohirrim
01-11-2010, 05:54 AM
I'm rooting for the Jets. I want to see that stupid look on Rivers' face and see LT pout. ;D

400HZ
01-11-2010, 07:14 AM
ravens will give the colts everything they want and pull off the upset.

That Baltimore game against the Patriots was incredibly weird. For the life of me, I can't see Indianapolis possibly playing as bad as New England did. My worry for Indy would be their defense getting worn down as the game progresses, but Flacco is going to have to make at least a few plays early in the game for Baltimore to stay in it long enough to enable that. Peyton Manning and his receivers are much more capable of exploiting Baltimore's average secondary than Brady and Moss were. Also, Brady was shaky against the blitz all year while Manning continued to eat it up when it came.

Close game. Baltimore 26, Indy 24.

Garcia Bronco
01-11-2010, 07:31 AM
I hope people realize the Chargers will play in the Super Bowl this year and probably win it.

gtown
01-11-2010, 07:37 AM
I'm rooting for the Jets. I want to see that stupid look on Rivers' face and see LT pout. ;D

This. It's almost as good as a Broncos playoff berth. It's the only consolation prize worth having.

pink_feet
01-11-2010, 11:39 AM

Second that.

Chargers have to many weapons.
The Bengals look like they decided to take Saturday off.

Chargers have more receiving threats than the Bengals do, by far.

Plus, read a statistic on Rivers vs. the blitz...he had some ungodly stats. Something like 80% completion rate, 1500 yards, 14 TD's to 3 INT's, 140 rating...i mention this because the Jets blitz like over 60% of the time....I think Rivers carves them up. "Live by the blitz. Die by the blitz."

Los Broncos
01-11-2010, 11:44 AM
I hope people realize the Chargers will play in the Super Bowl this year and probably win it.

Same thing I have been thinking and saying, most on the radio have been saying the same thing.

Well, most of them are SD fans, so go figure.

Boltjolt
01-11-2010, 10:46 PM
I think we slow their run defense down as we have the last 11 weeks and beat the Jets by at least 10. Colts imo will beat the Ravens.