PDA

View Full Version : broncos will presumably have new oline coach

tsiguy96
01-10-2010, 10:41 AM
they granted dennison permission to interview in houston. good for him and good move for us as well. schefter says:

"Rick Dennison in Houston Monday. He and Gary Kubiak are close friends. Close friends don't go on interviews, they go to accept jobs."

rugbythug
01-10-2010, 10:42 AM
McDouche. Is Such a Jerk. Why would they do this!!!!

Paladin
01-10-2010, 10:46 AM
They who?

The Joker
01-10-2010, 10:46 AM
Happy with this.

Dennison is a good coach, but not in the kind of blocking scheme we're trying to run. I really liked some of the coaches that McD brought in on the defensive side of the ball last offseason, hopefully he can do that on the offensive side of the ball this year.

bpc
01-10-2010, 10:48 AM
It's been apparent since day 1 that this situation hasn't worked out. McD needs to roll out the old coaches that don't know his system, and get new one's in that possible do.

We're full-fledge in the middle of this experiment, we might as well give it the full chance to succeed.

watermock
01-10-2010, 10:55 AM
ZBS is history in Denver.

At least we got Clady. Didn't Boise run a zbs tho?

Honestly, Clady has really dropped of this year. He's still probowl, but cmon, let's not kid ourselves and it has more than Ortons feet to blame.

bowtown
01-10-2010, 11:09 AM
It's been apparent since day 1 that this situation hasn't worked out. McD needs to roll out the old coaches that don't know his system, and get new one's in that possible do.

We're full-fledge in the middle of this experiment, we might as well give it the full chance to succeed.

But it's amazing that we didn't deny him the oppertunity so that we cold later fire him, right?

ludo21
01-10-2010, 11:12 AM
I hope whoever replaces the holes we got in our OL/coach know how to run Mcd system, cause our OL play dropped considerably this season.

NYBronco
01-10-2010, 11:14 AM
That's not McD's arrogant way. He's supposed to hold everybody back for no reason what so ever.

jhat01
01-10-2010, 11:17 AM

This.

bpc
01-10-2010, 11:21 AM
But it's amazing that we didn't deny him the oppertunity so that we cold later fire him, right?

You call it what you want. I've seen enough to know what type of character McD is. I like his fire, but there is some immature pettyness in there. Don't fool yourself.

There isn't a competition between McD and Shanny... but I bet if you could get inside their head you would see different. Same with Bowlen and Shanny.

Just my intuition. I'm putting out my opinion on a fan message board. So sue me.

Rohirrim
01-10-2010, 11:42 AM
Personally, I'll be glad to see the ZBS (as a base system) gone. It's great for running back stats, but it doesn't do much for your playoff record.

Popps
01-10-2010, 11:45 AM

:spit:

Popps
01-10-2010, 11:49 AM

Ha!

Thread over. Lock it up.

Dagmar
01-10-2010, 11:51 AM
You call it what you want. I've seen enough to know what type of character McD is. I like his fire, but there is some immature pettyness in there. Don't fool yourself.

There isn't a competition between McD and Shanny... but I bet if you could get inside their head you would see different. Same with Bowlen and Shanny.

Just my intuition. I'm putting out my opinion on a fan message board. So sue me.

And every one of your opinions will be influenced by this belief.

eddie mac
01-10-2010, 11:53 AM

Did you slip in the snow or something??? BTW I agree with this wholeheartedly. Why should a coach change his beliefs when he hasn't been given the tools or time to implement them.

McD has the defensive coaches he wants already and for the first part of the season his players responded, it's about making sure that lasts the whole year by getting players who can stand up and fight and make plays all season.

On the Offensive side he didn't have much to work with last year that suited the way he wanted to play. I hear folk touting the bull**** that we were playing a form of New England's offense in 2008. That is total crap, we were playing our own ZBS system that Shanahan has endorsed for years. Last year we could not man up at all and we literally fell apart when Harris went down and totally lost any momentum when Orton got injured.

Dennison does not fit what McDaniels wants to accomplish on that line and TBH dont even know if Bobby Turner has a future here either.

Tombstone RJ
01-10-2010, 11:53 AM
they granted dennison permission to interview in houston. good for him and good move for us as well. schefter says:

"Rick Dennison in Houston Monday. He and Gary Kubiak are close friends. Close friends don't go on interviews, they go to accept jobs."

People around here want to bash Dennison and I just don't get it. He's grown up a Bronco, his career started with the Broncos and through excellent work and dedication to the franchise, he worked his way up.

I seriously have zero respect for any poster here who bad mouths Dennison. IMHO, you are NOT a Broncos's fan.

tsiguy96
01-10-2010, 11:55 AM
People around here want to bash Dennison and I just don't get it. He's grown up a Bronco, his career started with the Broncos and through excellent work and dedication to the franchise, he worked his way up.

I seriously have zero respect for any poster here who bad mouths Dennison. IMHO, you are NOT a Broncos's fan.

dont think anyone is bashing him, most people just realize that, like shanahan, his best work is done in denver and its probably best for both of us to move on.

Rabb
01-10-2010, 11:58 AM
dont think anyone is bashing him, most people just realize that, like shanahan, his best work is done in denver and its probably best for both of us to move on.

that is not a result of his actions, it is that he is now in a system that doesn't use the ZBS he is a master with

Tombstone RJ
01-10-2010, 11:59 AM

You haven't been here long enough to understand what I'm talking about. There were many, many posters here who over the years, continually hounded Rick Dennison.

DBroncos4life
01-10-2010, 12:01 PM

I never thought he was a bad coach at all. He worked hard to learn Gibbs's blocking scheme and we ran it at a high level with Dennison.

tsiguy96
01-10-2010, 12:04 PM
that is not a result of his actions, it is that he is now in a system that doesn't use the ZBS he is a master with

exactly, since we are moving away from ZBS, his work is not going to be as effective here :thumbsup:

Pony Boy
01-10-2010, 12:04 PM

I bet you got mad when your mommy changed things in your bedroom when you left home ........ right?

Doggcow
01-10-2010, 12:11 PM
I bet you got mad when your mommy changed things in your bedroom when you left home ........ right?

I think he was joking.

Pony Boy
01-10-2010, 12:15 PM
I think he was joking.

I kind of was too !!!! :wiggle: Nothin better to do today ......

Pony Boy
01-10-2010, 12:21 PM
Ok, so we abandon the ZBS and bring in the beef.... Moreno has a pro bowl season.

Will the Moreno bashers STFU.....

Rohirrim
01-10-2010, 12:23 PM
It always seemed to me that the closer you get to the EZ, the less effective the ZBS is (at least with undersized linemen).

Dagmar
01-10-2010, 12:24 PM
Ok, so we abandon the ZBS and bring in the beef.... Moreno has a pro bowl season.

No, they won't. He was picked by McDaniels, thus will forever be hated.

Pony Boy
01-10-2010, 12:28 PM
No, they won't. He was picked by McDaniels, thus will forever be hated.

You speak truth kemo sabe .......

Rabb
01-10-2010, 12:30 PM

not even close, they will then credit all of his success to the linemen

DBroncos4life
01-10-2010, 12:32 PM

I have no problem with Moreno. I would have rather tried to draft him at 18 but it is what it is. I do have to wonder if he doesn't do well with more beef if you and the posters that love every golden load that McD shoots in your face will say anything bad about Moreno.

Rohirrim
01-10-2010, 12:34 PM
I have no problem with Moreno. I would have rather tried to draft him at 18 but it is what it is. I do have to wonder if he doesn't do well with more beef if you and the posters that love every golden load that McD shoots in your face will say anything bad about Moreno.

He had a ROY rookie year. What more did you want?

DBroncos4life
01-10-2010, 12:44 PM

So he is the ROY then? I guess I have to say it over and over again. I have NO PROBLEM with Moreno. I like him. I would have like to see us pick him at 18 instead of 12 but we got him and it's over. He has things he can work on. His 3.8 yards per carry cost him the ROY. You can't sit there and say well it was the O-line when C-Buck had a much more impressive ypc average with the same O-line. What I am saying is if we beef up the O-line and Moreno fails to rush for more then 60 yards per game then what?

Pony Boy
01-10-2010, 01:11 PM

So, we are talking about the O-line scheme and Moreno and all you want to do is play Pin the tail on McDaniels and try to use a little phallic smack to prove your point......... nice post..

Paladin
01-10-2010, 01:19 PM
Well, these McD haters do have a hard on for him.....

bpc
01-10-2010, 01:22 PM
It always seemed to me that the closer you get to the EZ, the less effective the ZBS is (at least with undersized linemen).

Really? Anybody remember TD? Clinton Portis? Mike Anderson? Seemed to me those guys all had double digit TD's.

ScottXray
01-10-2010, 02:06 PM

Not bad mouthing Dennison....your points are valid. Dennison has been here a LONG time, in differnt positions.

However he learned under Gibbs and Shanny, and he only knows the ZBS as far as line play goes. Obviously he was not able to coach the line to block successfully man-on man, and going away from the ZBS requires someone who DOES have experience with straight blocking schemes.

Good luck to him in Houston. He deserves it. But If our line play improves , I don't see anything wrong with him leaving the Broncos. All things must eventually pass.

Tombstone RJ
01-10-2010, 02:14 PM
Not bad mouthing Dennison....your points are valid. Dennison has been here a LONG time, in differnt positions.

However he learned under Gibbs and Shanny, and he only knows the ZBS as far as line play goes. Obviously he was not able to coach the line to block successfully man-on man, and going away from the ZBS requires someone who DOES have experience with straight blocking schemes.

Good luck to him in Houston. He deserves it. But If our line play improves , I don't see anything wrong with him leaving the Broncos. All things must eventually pass.

I don't have a problem with him moving on. The fact is, he probably does need to move on. My point is he's been vilified enough on this site and he deserves a lot more respect than he gets.

Hamrob
01-10-2010, 02:32 PM

Will the Moreno bashers STFU.....I'm sure we or they will. How about Ayers, Smith and Quinn? Will they all make the probowl too?

tsiguy96
01-10-2010, 02:35 PM
I'm sure we or they will. How about Ayers, Smith and Quinn? Will they all make the probowl too?

im curious what you are trying to accomplish with a post like this?

Dedhed
01-10-2010, 04:05 PM
Dennison has been riding coat tails during his entire career in Denver. He consistently lead the worst unit on the Broncos until he inherited the OL from Gibbs. Add to that the fact that we're no longer running the ZBS, why the halliburton would we value Dennison?

gyldenlove
01-10-2010, 04:09 PM

Lets see him have a 100 yard game before we make him a pro bowler....

gyldenlove
01-10-2010, 04:11 PM
Really? Anybody remember TD? Clinton Portis? Mike Anderson? Seemed to me those guys all had double digit TD's.

And 1000 yards rushing, and 100 yard rushing games.... all the things good runningbacks often are associated with.

broncofan7
01-10-2010, 04:13 PM
I'm sure we or they will. How about Ayers, Smith and Quinn? Will they all make the probowl too?

:rofl:

what amoutned to 3 first round picks in the 2009 Draft--and McD failed on all 3.

Orapko>>>>>>>>>>>>> ayers
Wells>>>> moreno

Alphonso Smith? I could list a handful of rookie DB's who have out performed him..he was worth the #14 in the 2010 draft wasn't he homers?

Dedhed
01-10-2010, 04:18 PM
:rofl:

what amoutned to 3 first round picks in the 2009 Draft--and McD failed on all 3.

Orapko>>>>>>>>>>>>> ayers
Wells>>>> moreno

Alphonso Smith? I could list a handful of rookie DB's who have out performed him..he was worth the #14 in the 2010 draft wasn't he homers?

Somehow this only adds to your rep as a complete toolbox.

broncofan7
01-10-2010, 04:24 PM
Somehow this only adds to your rep as a complete toolbox.

Somehow this only adds to your rep as being devoid of rational thought.......

SoCalBronco
01-10-2010, 04:27 PM
It's unfortunate that we are clearly moving away from the ZBS. I like Dennison. He has grown as a coach. He did a fabulous job developing Matt Lepsis and Ryan Harris in particular (Lepsis was awful in the beginning at LT in preseason, 2004, as was Harris at RT in preseason, 2008). I hope he does well in Houston with Kubiak. Josh has the right to run whatever scheme he likes best, although I disgree with his choice in this instance.

Dedhed
01-10-2010, 04:28 PM
Somehow this only adds to your rep as being devoid of rational thought.......

Ah yes, coming from the voice of reason, no less.

Popps
01-10-2010, 04:29 PM
I love the definitive career assessments we see of rookie players who just finished their first season. I guess these guys should just retire. After all, players rarely get better after their rookie seasons.

broncofan7
01-10-2010, 04:32 PM
Ah yes, coming from the voice of reason, no less.

I can lead a Jackass to water, but I cannot make him drink. If you'd take off your orange colored glasses, you'd see that my postings are, in fact, full of reason.

Hamrob
01-10-2010, 05:00 PM
im curious what you are trying to accomplish with a post like this?I think it's perfectly reasonable to be disapointed in Moreno and the rest of our high draft picks. They simply didn't show much in their rookie year.

So, for all those folks who want to defend Moreno...that's great....let's hope he has a better sophmore year...but, his rookie year was a disapointment. And, Ayers, Smith and Quinn were huge disapoinments!

Dedhed
01-10-2010, 05:02 PM
I can lead a Jackass to water, but I cannot make him drink. If you'd take off your orange colored glasses, you'd see that my postings are, in fact, full of reason.

Perhaps if you ignore the first 5,690 posts in your tenure.

tsiguy96
01-10-2010, 05:03 PM
i think its funny that just because some peopel defend mcdaniels means we automatically agree with every little thing hes ever done in the league without question. no one does, thats silly, same with every coach tahts ever been in the NFL, they have made mistakes. but unlike you hater idiots who feel it makes your life better to just hate teh team you supposedly like, we realize that there is a lot of good things happening and a lot of upside to this team as opposed to the past.

Hamrob
01-10-2010, 05:05 PM
I love the definitive career assessments we see of rookie players who just finished their first season. I guess these guys should just retire. After all, players rarely get better after their rookie seasons.All we have to base their NFL careers on thus far are their rookie seasons. And I'm disapointed. We had essentially 3 #1's and this was the best we could do? If you're not disapointed...well Poops I'll save the name calling for another time.

I hope they all become probowl players...McD better hope that they at least become key contributors.

Hamrob
01-10-2010, 05:22 PM
i think its funny that just because some peopel defend mcdaniels means we automatically agree with every little thing hes ever done in the league without question. no one does, thats silly, same with every coach tahts ever been in the NFL, they have made mistakes. but unlike you hater idiots who feel it makes your life better to just hate teh team you supposedly like, we realize that there is a lot of good things happening and a lot of upside to this team as opposed to the past.How old are you? I have to ask...because, the past for the Denver Broncos is pretty damn impressive. 6 Superbowls, 8 AFC championships and despite a tough past decade we still averaged 9-7 over that time period.

All you McDaniels guzzlers can say what you want...but he hasn't proven **** yet. Let him get us to a playoff game at least before you get down on your knees...o.k.

tsiguy96
01-10-2010, 05:23 PM
I think it's perfectly reasonable to be disapointed in Moreno and the rest of our high draft picks. They simply didn't show much in their rookie year.

So, for all those folks who want to defend Moreno...that's great....let's hope he has a better sophmore year...but, his rookie year was a disapointment. And, Ayers, Smith and Quinn were huge disapoinments!

and you will find that most mcdaniels supporters AGREE that the rookies did not contribute (moreno did but the oline got him killed a LOT as well as his own shortcomings this year), and that missing on draft picks does not make mcd an idiot loser retard who needs to shoot himself.

its sad that the people who have such blind hate for mcd fail to realize that the "mcd homers" as you call us are actually fairly realistic about teh state of the team.

Atwater His Ass
01-10-2010, 05:24 PM
Personally, I'll be glad to see the ZBS (as a base system) gone. It's great for running back stats, but it doesn't do much for your playoff record.

Yeah, those back to back Super Bowl Championships sure did suck.

Hamrob
01-10-2010, 05:25 PM
Another thing....for all you historians. I'll take the Denver Broncos history over the Pats any day!

If you love the Patriots so much...go follow those scrubs!

Rabb
01-10-2010, 05:27 PM
Another thing....for all you historians. I'll take the Denver Broncos history over the Pats any day!

absolutely :thumbsup:

tsiguy96
01-10-2010, 05:27 PM

wtf are you talking about? this is the dumb **** that you idiots say all the time that makes no sense. josh mcdaniels is the head coach of the denver broncos and will be for the future, if you dont like it, dont pretend to be a fan, because by wishing him failure you are wishing the team failure.

Hamrob
01-10-2010, 05:29 PM
and you will find that most mcdaniels supporters AGREE that the rookies did not contribute (moreno did but the oline got him killed a LOT as well as his own shortcomings this year), and that missing on draft picks does not make mcd an idiot loser retard who needs to shoot himself.

its sad that the people who have such blind hate for mcd fail to realize that the "mcd homers" as you call us are actually fairly realistic about teh state of the team.I don't hate McDaniels...I hope he gets things going for us. For the record, he was the guy I hoped Bowlen would go get.

I thought his handling of Cutler was absolutely bush league. I thought his draft was subpar and I thought his first year play-calling was terrible.

If he can learn from his mistakes...then I think he can actually do a good job for us. We'll see.

But, neither him or his rookie draft class showed us all that much to get excited about. For all you folks who like to stick up for him...you truly don't have alot to base your defensiveness on. Other than, we should all be fair and give the guy a chance. I agree with that.

I just won't defend him for his mistakes.

Dedhed
01-10-2010, 05:29 PM
How old are you? I have to ask...because, the past for the Denver Broncos is pretty damn impressive. 6 Superbowls, 8 AFC championships and despite a tough past decade we still averaged 9-7 over that time period.

All you McDaniels guzzlers can say what you want...but he hasn't proven **** yet. Let him get us to a playoff game at least before you get down on your knees...o.k.Well, he has proven that he can equal "The Mastermind's" record in his first year as an head coach, after trading away the "the franchise". With a considerably more difficult schedule, no less.

So, that has to say something. Unless, of course, you're a Shanny guzzler, or a McDaniels hater.

Hamrob
01-10-2010, 05:30 PM
wtf are you talking about? this is the dumb **** that you idiots say all the time that makes no sense. josh mcdaniels is the head coach of the denver broncos and will be for the future, if you dont like it, dont pretend to be a fan, because by wishing him failure you are wishing the team failure.Come on kid admit it, you're still in high school...aren't you?

You defend McDaniels to the hilt because you grew up this decade and are in awe of the Pats. Admit it. It's o.k.

tsiguy96
01-10-2010, 05:31 PM
I don't hate McDaniels...I hope he gets things going for us. For the record, he was the guy I hoped Bowlen would go get.

I thought his handling of Cutler was absolutely bush league. I thought his draft was subpar and I thought his first year play-calling was terrible.

If he can learn from his mistakes...then I think he can actually do a good job for us. We'll see.

But, neither him or his rookie draft class showed us all that much to get excited about. For all you folks who like to stick up for him...you truly don't have alot to base your defensiveness on. Other than, we should all be fair and give the guy a chance. I agree with that.

I just won't defend him for his mistakes.

did you bother to watch his press conference? josh acknowledged every single thing you just said as things he knows he wants and needs to improve. he doesnt try to defend his mistakes at all, go spend an hour and watch his press conference and stop bitching about stuff that you or anyone else on this forum cannot control. he is more aware of what he needs to fix than you are.

Hamrob
01-10-2010, 05:31 PM
Well, he has proven that he can equal "The Mastermind's" record in his first year as an head coach, after trading away the "the franchise". With a considerably more difficult schedule, no less.

So, that has to say something. Unless, of course, you're a Shanny guzzler, or a McDaniels hater.So, what you are saying...is, he hasn't accomplished anything to this point. I agree.

Rabb
01-10-2010, 05:32 PM
I will be interested to hear both sides of the McD debate after next season

one way or another, someone will be wrong...yet nobody will be wrong

Hamrob
01-10-2010, 05:33 PM
did you bother to watch his press conference? josh acknowledged every single thing you just said as things he knows he wants and needs to improve. he doesnt try to defend his mistakes at all, go spend an hour and watch his press conference and stop b****ing about stuff that you or anyone else on this forum cannot control. he is more aware of what he needs to fix than you are.I watched his press conference and I liked what I heard. But, that doesn't mean he has what it takes. I'm hoping he does. I hope he turns out to be great.

But he's not yet and I think it's perfectly reasonable to be skeptical about a 33yr old coach who went 2-8 to close out the season.

Hamrob
01-10-2010, 05:34 PM
I will be interested to hear both sides of the McD debate after next season

one way or another, someone will be wrong...yet nobody will be wrongI agree with that. :thanku:

tsiguy96
01-10-2010, 05:35 PM
I watched his press conference and I liked what I heard. But, that doesn't mean he has what it takes. I'm hoping he does. I hope he turns out to be great.

But he's not yet and I think it's perfectly reasonable to be skeptical about a 33yr old coach who went 2-8 to close out the season.

so instead of bitching non stop why dont you wait to see if his drafting is better, playcalling better and general preparation of games is better? or spend the next 8 months crying about how much he sucks, either one.

Hamrob
01-10-2010, 05:35 PM
Hey, for all you Pats fans...what happened to them today?

Rohirrim
01-10-2010, 05:36 PM
Yeah, those back to back Super Bowl Championships sure did suck.

That was ten years ago, ass. How many playoffs since? I realize that all you fantasy football jackasses love those stats, but I'm just a little old school. I prefer playoffs and super bowls.

Hamrob
01-10-2010, 05:37 PM
so instead of b****ing non stop why dont you wait to see if his drafting is better, playcalling better and general preparation of games is better? or spend the next 8 months crying about how much he sucks, either one.I'm going to wait and see. That I am. In the meantime I think it's o.k. to debate how well he's done to this point. Isn't that what this site is supposed to be about?

Hamrob
01-10-2010, 05:39 PM
That was ten years ago, ass. How many playoffs since? I realize that all you fantasy football jackasses love those stats, but I'm just a little old school. I prefer playoffs and super bowls.You don't just walk into a Superbowl...you have to build a team.

We did that and went to the AFC championship in 2006. We didn't win...so, we rebuilt our team. We had, what most analyst thought was, one of the best yound offenses in the game, in 2008. All we needed to do was improve the defense. Who knows how good we would have been this season.

But, the last decade was hardly a waste. In fact we were top 10 in wins.

DBroncos4life
01-10-2010, 05:42 PM
i think its funny that just because some peopel defend mcdaniels means we automatically agree with every little thing hes ever done in the league without question. no one does, thats silly, same with every coach tahts ever been in the NFL, they have made mistakes. but unlike you hater idiots who feel it makes your life better to just hate teh team you supposedly like, we realize that there is a lot of good things happening and a lot of upside to this team as opposed to the past.

I think it's fun that you go off in every thread and act like a fan that just started liking the Denver Broncos in 2004. You are going to talk to life long Broncos fans and how to act when you know very little about the past of this franchise from a fans point of view.

Dedhed
01-10-2010, 05:53 PM
So, what you are saying...is, he hasn't accomplished anything to this point. I agree.

There's a vast difference between accomplishing and proving. McDaniels, while accomplishing nothing in terms of Championships, has proven that he's well equipped and deserving of being a HC in the NFL.

strafen
01-10-2010, 05:56 PM

We're full-fledge in the middle of this experiment, we might as well give it the full chance to succeed.I couldn't agree more.
No more excuses blaming the OL for our dismal running attack.
Time for McDaniels to bring a coach that can work the OL to suit his system...

tsiguy96
01-10-2010, 06:23 PM
I'm going to wait and see. That I am. In the meantime I think it's o.k. to debate how well he's done to this point. Isn't that what this site is supposed to be about?

hes done fine to this point given hes a first year head coach that had a ton of holes to fill on the team, but he can obviously do far better, i think everyone is in agreement with that. he took an awful defense and retooled it well, unlike spags who had awful offense and defense, or raheem whos team didnt do anything until week 15-17. most first year head coaches have growing pains, so did josh, and he knows it and admitted it to the public, what else is he supposed to do?

Donk
01-10-2010, 07:21 PM

Unless you hold his head under and suck on his a** hole. Where there is a will there is a way

Atwater His Ass
01-10-2010, 08:04 PM
That was ten years ago, ass. How many playoffs since? I realize that all you fantasy football jackasses love those stats, but I'm just a little old school. I prefer playoffs and super bowls.

Funny, when it was championships I was referring too.

But hey you're probably right. It was the ZBS that kept us from winning any playoff games recently. Hilarious!

Broncoman13
01-10-2010, 08:09 PM
hes done fine to this point given hes a first year head coach that had a ton of holes to fill on the team, but he can obviously do far better, i think everyone is in agreement with that. he took an awful defense and retooled it well, unlike spags who had awful offense and defense, or raheem whos team didnt do anything until week 15-17. most first year head coaches have growing pains, so did josh, and he knows it and admitted it to the public, what else is he supposed to do?

The difference with guys like Mora, Morris, Mangini, Haley and Spags... their teams finished stronger than they started... OR THEY GOT FIRED!

Not sure how you can rip on Spags though, he played about 13 different QBs and was trotting guys out there that I've never heard of... and I watch A LOT of college football.

Atwater His Ass
01-10-2010, 08:09 PM
There's a vast difference between accomplishing and proving. McDaniels, while accomplishing nothing in terms of Championships, has proven that he's well equipped and deserving of being a HC in the NFL.

I'm curious what you think he's proved?

Was it finishing the season 2-8, including losing to both KC and OAK at home in absolutely crucial playoff impication games?

Was it benching the best offensive player on the team in the final game of the season with the playoffs still on the line?

Was it the horrible handling and inability to smooth over a relationship with the teams most important player soon after his arrival?

Was it the stellar playcalling and excellently coached team that led to such a huge dropoff in our strongest units (offense) productivity?

I could go on.

McD has not proven nor accomplished anything. In fact, turmoil seems to be the best thing he's been able to bring to this franchise thus far.

Fedaykin
01-10-2010, 08:14 PM
I do get annoyed that McDaniels seems to not understand the most basic principal of the way any game works: You play to your strengths.

We have ZBS linemen, and he tried to implement a power run game. That's just plain idiocy.

broncosteven
01-10-2010, 08:41 PM
I am guessing Ben McDaniels's job is safe for another year.

orinjkrush
01-10-2010, 08:50 PM
McD reminds me of the smartest kid in class: big on ideas. small on personality.

The MVPlaya
01-10-2010, 08:54 PM
It's funny - this is the type of talk I would imagine form a coach who maybe went 5-11, 4-12?

Atwater His Ass
01-10-2010, 09:47 PM
It's funny - this is the type of talk I would imagine form a coach who maybe went 5-11, 4-12?

or finished 2-8? :thumbs:

tsiguy96
01-10-2010, 09:58 PM
or finished 2-8? :thumbs:

so he gets blamed for finishing 2-8 but not for starting 6-0. thats called excellent coaching, when your coaching has led a team that SHOULD NOT be 6-0 to that record. the talent level was exposed and his playcalling was questionable, but for ****s sake he had an 8-8 record with a better points scored:allowed ratio than last year as well as staying competitive in most of the losses (unlike last year). and all this in the first year of brand new offensive and defensive schemes, what the **** else would make you idiots happy?

Missouribronc
01-10-2010, 10:06 PM
Thank God.

The offensive line sucked some serious dick this year.

uplink
01-11-2010, 03:25 AM
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">
Good bye old friend.

barryr
01-11-2010, 06:51 AM
That's great news. I've wanted Dennison gone for years.

DrFate
01-11-2010, 08:17 AM

Don't forget Olandis Gary. :)

Rohirrim
01-11-2010, 08:30 AM
Funny, when it was championships I was referring too.

But hey you're probably right. It was the ZBS that kept us from winning any playoff games recently. Hilarious!

Trying to explain something to you is like talking to my dog. He pretends that he understands what is being said but all he really wants is a bisquit.

Here... now go away.

Cito Pelon
01-11-2010, 08:32 AM
You haven't been here long enough to understand what I'm talking about. There were many, many posters here who over the years, continually hounded Rick Dennison.

Well, Dennison was a linebacker and defensive coach, was moved to the O side of the ball to learn to be an OL coach under Alex Gibbs.

So all he know how to do really is ZBS, although there was some hybrid type of stuff after Gibbs left. So maybe it's best for both. Also, Dennison wanted to be HC, remember he interviewed for the job after Shanny was fired. It's difficult to be snubbed and still work in the lesser role you wanted to jump up from.

bowtown
01-11-2010, 08:45 AM
Well, Dennison was a linebacker and defensive coach, was moved to the O side of the ball to learn to be an OL coach under Alex Gibbs.

So all he know how to do really is ZBS, although there was some hybrid type of stuff after Gibbs left. So maybe it's best for both. Also, Dennison wanted to be HC, remember he interviewed for the job after Shanny was fired. It's difficult to be snubbed and still work in the lesser role you wanted to jump up from.

Don't forget that he not only didn't get the HC job, but was actually demoted under McDaniels from OC back to down to OLine coach.

watermock
01-11-2010, 03:44 PM

A ROY performance rither on the field or in the media with a late season run.

He sucked behind MCd's hitlereque running scheme and never got a 100 yard game or 10 TD's.

Fat is, the draft was heavy with D, and we needed D, and we traded away a pick to get 6 of 9 offensive players, despite getting a starting QB.

PRBronco
01-11-2010, 04:03 PM
McD reminds me of the smartest kid in class: big on ideas. small on personality.

I dunno, with the exception of the Thanksmother****inggiving rant, I've always thought he seems quite likeable.

Popps
01-11-2010, 05:52 PM
Trying to explain something to you is like talking to my dog. He pretends that he understands what is being said but all he really wants is a bisquit.

Here... now go away.

Hilarious!

Dagmar
01-11-2010, 05:59 PM

Here... now go away.

Hilarious!

Dedhed
01-11-2010, 06:17 PM
I'm curious what you think he's proved?

Was it finishing the season 2-8, including losing to both KC and OAK at home in absolutely crucial playoff impication games?

Was it benching the best offensive player on the team in the final game of the season with the playoffs still on the line?

Was it the horrible handling and inability to smooth over a relationship with the teams most important player soon after his arrival?

Was it the stellar playcalling and excellently coached team that led to such a huge dropoff in our strongest units (offense) productivity?

I could go on.

McD has not proven nor accomplished anything. In fact, turmoil seems to be the best thing he's been able to bring to this franchise thus far.
I guess you failed to read. Not at all surprising.

Still on Cutler huh? Wow. I didn't think anyone was that dumb.

I think eclipsing the expectations of every single pundit in the league proves something.