PDA

View Full Version : redskins want to interview bobby turner, declined by mcdaniels

tsiguy96
01-08-2010, 08:48 PM
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/mike-shanahan/redskins-denied-permission-to.html?wprss=redskinsinsider

OBF1
01-08-2010, 08:49 PM
Damn McDaniels

Los Broncos
01-08-2010, 08:51 PM
He is my mother****ing coach!

TheReverend
01-08-2010, 08:51 PM
Uh oh.......

Dukes
01-08-2010, 08:52 PM
I'd be shocked if Turner doesn't go.

TheDave
01-08-2010, 08:53 PM
And it starts...

cutthemdown
01-08-2010, 08:55 PM
Broncos will make skins offer him a promotion. It's probably good for Turner. Now if they really want him they have to make him asst coach, offensive coord, etc etc. Then you don't have to ask right?

TheDave
01-08-2010, 08:56 PM
Broncos will make skins offer him a promotion. It's probably good for Turner. Now if they really want him they have to make him asst coach, offensive coord, etc etc. Then you don't have to ask right?

I believe you are correct.

lostknight
01-08-2010, 08:58 PM
Great news actually, given all the speculation that McDaniels wanted to purge everything Shanny. Turner has been the best RB coach in the NFL for the last decade. One mediocre season does not mean changing directions.

watermock
01-08-2010, 08:58 PM
And it begins.

DBroncos4life
01-08-2010, 09:04 PM
Does anyone else get the feeling that this off-season is going to make last off-season look boring?

tsiguy96
01-08-2010, 09:05 PM
Does anyone else get the feeling that this off-season is going to make last off-season look boring?

you should probably start with the 3-13 predictions now.

theAPAOps5
01-08-2010, 09:06 PM
Turner won't leave. He could have left for Houston after Shanny was canned but has too many roots tied in Denver.

This story is really nothing. Shanny wanted to interview Turner. Officially he can't unless A. He offers him a promotion or B. McDaniels grants it.

Good on McD to not grant it. He knows what he has in Turner and you don't give that kind of coach up easily. That and Bowlen made it clear to McD that 2 people were to be kept on staff, Dennison and Turner. McD is staying true to that.

As for Turner this will benefit him he gets to stay in Denver if he wants or he gets a promotion. There isn't too many that deserve a promotion more than Bobby Turner.

DBroncos4life
01-08-2010, 09:10 PM

You are by and away the worst thing that ever happened to this franchise in 2004.

Hamrob
01-08-2010, 09:10 PM
Not McDaniels IMO....that's Bowlen!

I Don't think Shanny will offer him a promotion. I'm surprised they didn't let him go. He's a ZBS RB coach and McDaniels is moving the power running game. This will be interesting in deed.

I don't think they need to let them go for a promotion either. I think it's kind of the coaching code that they don't want to stop the guy from getting a promotion...but I think because they are under contract they don't have to let them go. They can go to a different league or college ball...but I think they are bound by contract in the NFL.

Hamrob
01-08-2010, 09:13 PM
Turner won't leave. He could have left for Houston after Shanny was canned but has too many roots tied in Denver.

This story is really nothing. Shanny wanted to interview Turner. Officially he can't unless A. He offers him a promotion or B. McDaniels grants it.

Good on McD to not grant it. He knows what he has in Turner and you don't give that kind of coach up easily. That and Bowlen made it clear to McD that 2 people were to be kept on staff, Dennison and Turner. McD is staying true to that.

As for Turner this will benefit him he gets to stay in Denver if he wants or he gets a promotion. There isn't too many that deserve a promotion more than Bobby Turner.No Turner couldn't have left when Shanny did...because he was under contract and Denver chose to honer it. I'm not sure how long his contract runs, but he'll be there unless they want to let him out of it.

ColoradoDarin
01-08-2010, 09:16 PM

Eh, Asst HC titles are handed out like candy now, they could make him AHC - RB?

BroncoMan4ever
01-08-2010, 09:23 PM
Great news actually, given all the speculation that McDaniels wanted to purge everything Shanny. Turner has been the best RB coach in the NFL for the last decade. One mediocre season does not mean changing directions.

Turner isn't really the one who failed this season as far as coaching. the backs looked good when they had holes to run through or didn't have to dodge defenders who were 3 yards into the backfield by the time the got the handoff.

Dennison and his line failed the offense this season.

tsiguy96
01-08-2010, 09:27 PM
95% sure the only reason they HAVE to let him interview is if its for a HC position. everything else needs permission, including assistant HC or coordinating positions.

Stormontheplains
01-08-2010, 09:40 PM
Turner is gone, maybe mcdouche can bring his brother or sister, they wear hoodies too.

ZONA
01-08-2010, 09:42 PM
Eh, Asst HC titles are handed out like candy now, they could make him AHC - RB?

That would work but they also must give him a pay raise. Skins can't just take him from his current contract without consent of Broncos and call him AHC and give him the same pay. I'm not sure what the raise % needs to be but I thought I read something on that some years ago that it had to be a certain % increase. In other words, they can't just give him a new contract for $1 more.

Inkana7
01-08-2010, 09:42 PM
Dolphins wanted him to be their OC a few years back, he declined. Bobby is a Bronco.

Florida_Bronco
01-08-2010, 09:44 PM
I believe you are correct.

Basically, yes. However there was an article on NFL.com talking about how it's not quite that simple. I'll see if I can find it again.

Now with Kyle going in as his OC, the only place he could promote Turner to would be Assistant Head Coach and I seriously doubt Turner would make the jump from positional coach to Assistant HC without ever being a coordinator.

Of course Shanahan was the guy who not only hired Slowik as his DC but then wanted to keep him there, so God only knows what Shanny might do.

As for Turner this will benefit him he gets to stay in Denver if he wants or he gets a promotion. There isn't too many that deserve a promotion more than Bobby Turner. It's funny really. So many people assumed that Turner would jump ship because he would be loyal to Shanahan. Maybe that loyalty actually lies with the Broncos.

Watch your PM's bro. You got one incoming.

OBF1
01-08-2010, 10:11 PM
I wonder if we could get a 2nd round pick for him???

uplink
01-08-2010, 10:20 PM
if the skins are offering a promotion, McD should definitely let him go. Really should let him interview anyway.

DBroncos4life
01-08-2010, 10:22 PM
Basically, yes. However there was an article on NFL.com talking about how it's not quite that simple. I'll see if I can find it again.

Now with Kyle going in as his OC, the only place he could promote Turner to would be Assistant Head Coach and I seriously doubt Turner would make the jump from positional coach to Assistant HC without ever being a coordinator.

Of course Shanahan was the guy who not only hired Slowik as his DC but then wanted to keep him there, so God only knows what Shanny might do.

It's funny really. So many people assumed that Turner would jump ship because he would be loyal to Shanahan. Maybe that loyalty actually lies with the Broncos.

Watch your PM's bro. You got one incoming.

Shanahan has worked with Turner for how long now? I think Shanahan of all people would know what Turner wants and wouldn't want. The fact that Shanahan went after Turner first means there is a higher chance Mike knows he can get Turner and if McD was so sure he wasn't going anywhere then he wouldn't have stopped him from interviewing him.

NFLBRONCO
01-08-2010, 10:27 PM
Way to go Josh burn bridges on possible trades

SonOfLe-loLang
01-08-2010, 10:32 PM
Way to go Josh burn bridges on possible trades

Why do i get the feeling he's in a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation here with you people.

theAPAOps5
01-08-2010, 10:33 PM
No Turner couldn't have left when Shanny did...because he was under contract and Denver chose to honer it. I'm not sure how long his contract runs, but he'll be there unless they want to let him out of it.

Wrong, he was offered what was considered a promotion in Houston. The NFL rules allow for an assistant coach under contract to leave for a job that is considered a promotion. Houston, I believe, wanted to make him an assistant HC or OC but he opted to stay in Denver.

NFLBRONCO
01-08-2010, 10:39 PM
Why do i get the feeling he's in a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation here with you people.

LOL I was joking I'm a McD supporter just couldn't resist :)

Florida_Bronco
01-08-2010, 10:40 PM
Shanahan has worked with Turner for how long now? I think Shanahan of all people would know what Turner wants and wouldn't want. The fact that Shanahan went after Turner first means there is a higher chance Mike knows he can get Turner and if McD was so sure he wasn't going anywhere then he wouldn't have stopped him from interviewing him.

As Apa mentioned, Turner has had plenty of chances to leave the Broncos and yet he's still here. I'm sure he and Mike Shanahan have a great relationship but I think it's pretty clear that Turner's loyalty lies to the Broncos and not Mike Shanahan.

DBroncos4life
01-08-2010, 10:45 PM
As Apa mentioned, Turner has had plenty of chances to leave the Broncos and yet he's still here. I'm sure he and Mike Shanahan have a great relationship but I think it's pretty clear that Turner's loyalty lies to the Broncos and not Mike Shanahan.

Who was coaching the Broncos each time he could have left and stayed? I think you are being over confident here. The Broncos sure don't think the way you are Apa do otherwise they wouldn't have said no to him meeting with Shanahan.

Florida_Bronco
01-08-2010, 10:55 PM
Who was coaching the Broncos each time he could have left and stayed? I think you are being over confident here. The Broncos sure don't think the way you are Apa do otherwise they wouldn't have said no to him meeting with Shanahan.

As Apa said, he could have left even after Shanny was canned. I think alot of the attitude here is this self defeatist attitude people have. They seem to think everything/everyone good associated with this staff has a loyalty to Shanahan and it's almost like they want to see Shanahan get the better of us to validate that feeling.

I don't know, just my take on it.

Anyways, there is really nothing to suggest Turner is anxious to run off and join Shanny. He seems to be a Bronco through and through and wants to stay here. As for the Broncos they are going to let Turner interview for jobs if they want to keep him, especially just for the sake of allowing him to prove his loyalty. They want to keep their asset.

red98
01-08-2010, 10:56 PM
Wrong, he was offered what was considered a promotion in Houston. The NFL rules allow for an assistant coach under contract to leave for a job that is considered a promotion. Houston, I believe, wanted to make him an assistant HC or OC but he opted to stay in Denver.

Incorrect:

LATERAL OPPORTUNITIES
• Assistant coach – to – Non Head Coach opportunities
o Note: “promotions” to coordinator level are NOT promotions under this policy; a
coach is either an Assistant Coach or a Head Coach, period.•

TheDave
01-08-2010, 11:00 PM
As Apa said, he could have left even after Shanny was canned. I think alot of the attitude here is this self defeatist attitude people have. They seem to think everything/everyone good associated with this staff has a loyalty to Shanahan and it's almost like they want to see Shanahan get the better of us to validate that feeling.

I don't know, just my take on it.

Don't go looking for hidden meanings or try to psychoanalyze the board. Most of us just know that he is one of the best RB coaches in the league... and his old boss just called.

That's all, it's natural to be be somewhat apprehensive about it.

Florida_Bronco
01-08-2010, 11:01 PM
Turner is a RB coach. Both OC and Assistant Head coach would be an upgrade for him.

yavoon
01-08-2010, 11:03 PM

shanny pwns at the fake promotion business.

Florida_Bronco
01-08-2010, 11:03 PM
Don't go looking for hidden meanings or try to psychoanalyze the board. Most of us just know that he is one of the best RB coaches in the league... and his old boss just called.

That's all, it's natural to be be somewhat apprehensive about it.

I think it's pretty valid to be honest. I mean you've got people here cheering about Shanny supposedly sticking it to Bowlen when he got hired, and half of them were literally laughing during the season like "L0LZ! SHANNY GONNA STEAL OUR COACHES HAHAHAHA!"

It's just an educated guess on my part though.

TheDave
01-08-2010, 11:07 PM
I think it's pretty valid to be honest. I mean you've got people here cheering about Shanny supposedly sticking it to Bowlen when he got hired, and half of them were literally laughing during the season like "L0LZ! SHANNY GONNA STEAL OUR COACHES HAHAHAHA!"

So far the only guy that fits your description is that Bronco7 guy and BPC... and they haven't posted in this thread.

Like I said, don't go looking for hidden meaning everytime a member of the Denver Broncos and Mike Shanahan are mentioned. 'Cause it's going to happen a lot this offseason.

worm
01-08-2010, 11:11 PM

Dude. Seriously. Step away and then come back and read some of your posts. You are obsessing and repetitive.

Mogulseeker

As for Turner this will benefit him he gets to stay in Denver if he wants or he gets a promotion. There isn't too many that deserve a promotion more than Bobby Turner.

I wanted him to be the head coach after the firing of Shannahan. Don't believe me, look at my facebook notes from February of last year.

Florida_Bronco
So far the only guy that fits your description is that Bronco7 guy and BPC... and they haven't posted in this thread.

Like I said, don't go looking for hidden meaning everytime a member of the Denver Broncos and Mike Shanahan are mentioned. 'Cause it's going to happen a lot this offseason.

I'm not only talking about this thread only. We've been seeing stuff like that basically ever since Josh was hired.

We'll see what happens though. Should be an interesting off season for sure.

worm
01-08-2010, 11:14 PM
Why not just let him interview? IMO, any boss shouldn't stand in the way of opportunities. Or lateral moves for that matter. Bobby has earned the right to choose where he wants to coach.

Did Belichick deny people coming to him to interview Josh?

Florida_Bronco
01-08-2010, 11:18 PM
Why not just let him interview? IMO, any boss shouldn't stand in the way of opportunities. Or lateral moves for that matter. Bobby has earned the right to choose where he wants to coach. Not quite. Bobby is under contract with the Broncos so just like a player we basically own his rights and the Broncos are going to protect their assets.

Did Belichick deny people coming to him to interview Josh? He couldn't since Josh was getting a promotion.

Popps
01-08-2010, 11:18 PM
Hey Mike... guess how many of my staff members you're getting?

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/photo_images/41027/44991_Broncos_Draft_McDaniels_Football_large.jpg

Popps
01-08-2010, 11:19 PM
Why not just let him interview? IMO, any boss shouldn't stand in the way of opportunities. Or lateral moves for that matter. Bobby has earned the right to choose where he wants to coach.

It's early, I know... but...

Goofiest ****ing Post of the Decade?

worm
01-08-2010, 11:21 PM
It's early, I know... but...

Goofiest ****ing Post of the Decade?

lol.

Florida_Bronco
01-08-2010, 11:22 PM
Hey Mike... guess how many of my staff members you're getting?

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/photo_images/41027/44991_Broncos_Draft_McDaniels_Football_large.jpg

ROFL! LOL:~ohyah!:

^5

Taco John
01-08-2010, 11:27 PM
I wonder if we could get a 2nd round pick for him???

Teams aren't allowed to trade draft picks for coaches anymore.

Taco John
01-08-2010, 11:28 PM
I wanted him to be the head coach after the firing of Shannahan. Don't believe me, look at my facebook notes from February of last year.

Bobby Turner has no aspirations to be a head coach - or so it has been written about him.

worm
01-08-2010, 11:29 PM
Not quite. Bobby is under contract with the Broncos so just like a player we basically own his rights and the Broncos are going to protect their assets.

He couldn't since Josh was getting a promotion.

Absolutely within their right.

I just don't think ANY boss should stand in the way of a coach doing what they want to do. Give me people that want to be part of my team any day over those that I refuse to let explore employment options.

Florida_Bronco
01-08-2010, 11:33 PM
Absolutely within their right.

I just don't think ANY boss should stand in the way of a coach doing what they want to do. Give me people that want to be part of my team any day over those that I refuse to let explore employment options.

They really aren't standing in Bobby's way. This would have been a lateral move, not a promotion.

Ratboy
01-09-2010, 12:28 AM
Wohoo!! Go Broncos.

Keep Bobby in Denver!

bpc
01-09-2010, 01:36 AM
We'll see how this one plays out but it reads screw job all over it.

TomServo
01-09-2010, 02:18 AM
yay josh, keep dennison and turner in denver when you have NO intentition of using their schemes or techniques. Mcd didnt want the ZBS, he just kept running hapless (hopeless)Knowshon for NO gain the last half of the season.
Go josh, keep turner and dennison for Spite. yay broncos.
McD REALLY used turners and dennisons assets didnt he?

bpc
01-09-2010, 02:34 AM
My buddy brought this up first but I wouldn't doubt the thought... Mike fills up his staff in Washington and THEN McDaniels gets rid of Turner.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Archer81
01-09-2010, 02:39 AM
Maybe McDaniels asked Turner if he wanted to interview w/ Washington and Turner declined? That thought ever flicker across some of you McDaniels bashers minds?

:Broncos:

NYBronco
01-09-2010, 03:33 AM
Good move by the Broncos. Keep the players and coaches that will contribute to the new teams success.

watermock
01-09-2010, 03:56 AM
Maybe McDaniels asked Turner if he wanted to interview w/ Washington and Turner declined? That thought ever flicker across some of you McDaniels bashers minds?

That sounds like something he would do doesn't it. Don't you think Turner could decline himself?

elsid13
01-09-2010, 05:56 AM
They really aren't standing in Bobby's way. This would have been a lateral move, not a promotion.

A lateral move for a lot more money most likely. It a ****ty move.

elsid13
01-09-2010, 05:57 AM

You never turn down an interview, you might turn down an offer (like Turner did in Miami), but you never turn down an interview.

Rohirrim
01-09-2010, 06:15 AM
Good for McD. **** Shanahan.

jhat01
01-09-2010, 06:23 AM
I don't think it's a screw job..You'd have to be pretty dumb to deliberately hold somebody back from leaving if they wanted to. That would really give that person the motivation to coach his ass off huh?

tsiguy96
01-09-2010, 06:32 AM
this is ****ing retarded, teams all over the NFL deny opportunities for the coaches to inteview for other jobs because they won their contract and its within their rights to do so. mcd wants turner to be on his staff and theres no indication turner wants to be anywhere else, when a man whos living a very ocmfortable life in a nice town has been there that long why should he move to the other side of the country?

you people are being idiots for taking this for anything more than "big deal"

Dagmar
01-09-2010, 06:40 AM
this is ****ing retarded, teams all over the NFL deny opportunities for the coaches to inteview for other jobs because they won their contract and its within their rights to do so. mcd wants turner to be on his staff and theres no indication turner wants to be anywhere else, when a man whos living a very ocmfortable life in a nice town has been there that long why should he move to the other side of the country?

Absolutely ANY reason to hate on McDaniels.

MaloCS
01-09-2010, 06:42 AM

This sums it up. The new coach is an idiot.

broncosteven
01-09-2010, 06:50 AM
Not McDaniels IMO....that's Bowlen!

I Don't think Shanny will offer him a promotion. I'm surprised they didn't let him go. He's a ZBS RB coach and McDaniels is moving the power running game. This will be interesting in deed.

This is not intended strictly for Hamrob, really it is for anyone who thinks Turner is a ZBS one trick pony:

Am I missing something, isn't Turner the RB coach? Doesn't he teach the RB's what to do despite the system? Can't a RB coach different styles of running attacks?

I think it would be harder for an OLINE coach to teach a power run style more than it would be for a RB coach.

The RB is running behind the oline, so the RB coach has to pass on the nuances to the RB but it is not as difficult as what an Oline coach needs to do as far as teaching the interior how to pull and the outside guys to pinch the edge and the TE's to trap.

I think Turner is more involved in conditioning, pass catching, pass blocking assignments and the change to power run game makes it harder for Dennison.

DBroncos4life
01-09-2010, 06:56 AM

It's going to be a long off-season for you Hilarious!

Atwater His Ass
01-09-2010, 06:59 AM
You never turn down an interview, you might turn down an offer (like Turner did in Miami), but you never turn down an interview.

anybody who lives in the real world with a real job knows this to be truth.

TonyR
01-09-2010, 07:27 AM
...for anyone who thinks Turner is a ZBS one trick pony:

Am I missing something, isn't Turner the RB coach? Doesn't he teach the RB's what to do despite the system? Can't a RB coach different styles of running attacks?

I think it would be harder for an OLINE coach to teach a power run style more than it would be for a RB coach.

I agree and was thinking the exact same thing. He's not a "ZBS coach", he's an RB coach.

lostknight
01-09-2010, 07:32 AM
We are making a aweful lot of stupid assumptions about personal things that we know nothing about - including where Bobby Turner's loyalties lie. Perhaps McDaniels saw the error of is way, and decided to move to a true ZBS next year. Perhaps he feels that he Turner is still the right man for the job, while the offense needs to change.

Perhaps Turner is loyal to the Broncos, or perhaps it's that Denver is his home, or perhaps turner does want to go with Shanahan, but McDaniels won't allow it.

The myth of the all knowing mane is that we can guess these things. We can't. All we know is that McDaniels declined to let Turner negotiate with Shanahan. That means they are not planning on getting rid of him.

That in my view, is a positive.

WolfpackGuy
01-09-2010, 07:34 AM
What would stop him from resigning and moving on?

I'm sure Shanahan would give him the money he would forfeit in Denver plus some.

Broncoman13
01-09-2010, 07:54 AM

That was when Shanny was still the HC here in Denver though. I think you're right that Bobby Turner has ties to Denver and would rather stay, but I'm also sure he's smart enough to consider all options. Shanny is tied to Denver as well and will one day return to his palace. What makes you think Turner couldn't or wouldn't do the same thing?

True, he doesn't want to be an OC. But in Washington he wouldn't be an OC, he would be the assistant HC or assistant OC-RBs. Either way, I hope he stays. But if he goes anywhere, I'd like it to be outside of the AFC.

chex
01-09-2010, 07:59 AM
My buddy brought this up first but I wouldn't doubt the thought... Mike fills up his staff in Washington and THEN McDaniels gets rid of Turner.

You are somethng else. You b****ed all season how McDaniels held grudges against Shanahan guys, b****ed how he would let Turner and Dennison walk to bring in his own coaches, and now that he has shown a commitment to keeping Turner, you want throw out there that McDaniels is doing it just to screw him? Why would you think that for godssakes?

You really, really, have issues. Seriously. You spend wayyyyyy too much time thinking up of ways that McDaniels is being diabolical, like he's personally out to piss you off. Holy Christ dude, get a grip already.

Broncoman13
01-09-2010, 07:59 AM

I hear your point, but why not let the coach himself deny the request? Or why not let him interview and allow him to decide for himself what his best opportunity is? McD is in a winless situation here, I get that... I know that I would be upset if my supervisor didn't let me make my own decision. McD had an opportunity here to gauge Turner's dedication to the team. Imagine the morale victory if he allows Turner to interview and Turner returns to stay with McD. A lot of people would spin that to, "Turner just wants to stay in Denver...yadayadayada." I would take that to mean, Turner believes in what McD is building.

Not a big deal really, kind of picking pepper off fly shiat, IMO.

elsid13
01-09-2010, 08:08 AM

Actually it's very rare, and when it does happen it because requesting team is within the division. Coaches understand that close knit community and you might be working for someone that working for you one day.

chex
01-09-2010, 08:10 AM
I hear your point, but why not let the coach himself deny the request? Or why not let him interview and allow him to decide for himself what his best opportunity is? McD is in a winless situation here, I get that... I know that I would be upset if my supervisor didn't let me make my own decision. McD had an opportunity here to gauge Turner's dedication to the team. Imagine the morale victory if he allows Turner to interview and Turner returns to stay with McD. A lot of people would spin that to, "Turner just wants to stay in Denver...yadayadayada." I would take that to mean, Turner believes in what McD is building.

Not a big deal really, kind of picking pepper off fly shiat, IMO.

People have been saying that Turner needs to stay. McDaniels is seeing to it that he does. And yet people are still unhappy. Not saying you directly, but as a general statement. We all know who the b****es are that are doing so. It's unreal. And unlike bpc, I'm not going to make up **** and post it as fact, but I would think McDaniels would have spoken to Turner about it. As was mentioned earlier, Josh is always in no-win situations here. The people that criticize others about being obsessive over this, are the ones throwing the most ****. How surprising. ::)

Northman
01-09-2010, 08:10 AM
Naw, it couldnt be that McDaniels actually likes Turner and therefore doesnt want him to leave. Naw, couldnt be that. McDaniels is the anti-christ and hates everyone. lmao

jsco70
01-09-2010, 08:13 AM
Here's another theory...maybe Turner told McD to decline the request because he didn't want to tell Mike "no"? Maybe Turner thinks McD is the next great coach and Shanahan is over the hill. My point is we have no idea what's going on the behind the scenes. But I think we are in agreement that it would be better to keep Turner than lose him regardless of the blocking scheme.

Broncoman13
01-09-2010, 08:19 AM
Here's another theory...maybe Turner told McD to decline the request because he didn't want to tell Mike "no"? Maybe Turner thinks McD is the next great coach and Shanahan is over the hill. My point is we have no idea what's going on the behind the scenes. But I think we are in agreement that it would be better to keep Turner than lose him regardless of the blocking scheme.

I thought about this too. I doubt McD denies the request without at least speaking with Turner first. And, it's good to keep it close to the vest as he said he would. No info coming out of this other than a simple, interview denied by McD.

tsiguy96
01-09-2010, 08:20 AM
every team in the NFL denies requests for coaches they want to keep, whats the big deal that mcdaniels is doing it too?

and no, the only time they HAVE to allow a request for an interview is for a head coaching position, not coordinator positions or assistant positions.

Broncoman13
01-09-2010, 08:27 AM
every team in the NFL denies requests for coaches they want to keep, whats the big deal that mcdaniels is doing it too?

and no, the only time they HAVE to allow a request for an interview is for a head coaching position, not coordinator positions or assistant positions.

Pretty sure if it is an increase in position or responsibility it has to be allowed. Why did Kubiak allow Shanny Jr to go?

tsiguy96
01-09-2010, 08:33 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=tsn-titansdenytexansinte&prov=tsn&type=lgns

dummies its already happened before thsi year

tsiguy96
01-09-2010, 08:34 AM
from another article:

"
In the chat transcript (http://blogs.chron.com/nfl/2009/01/texans_nfl_chat_0113.html), McClain wrote "the Texans requested permission to interview Redskins assistant Jerry Gray for their defensive coordinator position and were denied. Under current rules, any assistant under contract can't interview for a job if he's under contract unless it's for a head-coaching job.""

Hamrob
01-09-2010, 08:57 AM
This is not intended strictly for Hamrob, really it is for anyone who thinks Turner is a ZBS one trick pony:

The RB is running behind the oline, so the RB coach has to pass on the nuances to the RB but it is not as difficult as what an Oline coach needs to do as far as teaching the interior how to pull and the outside guys to pinch the edge and the TE's to trap.

I think Turner is more involved in conditioning, pass catching, pass blocking assignments and the change to power run game makes it harder for Dennison.Good post. I agree...I think Turner could coach a RB to do just about anything in any offense. I guess my point is, Turner has so much experience coaching backs in a ZBS, that he has to be the #1 guru at that in the NFL. You know, one cut and boom....look for the cut back lanes....here's where they will be etc. Because that has been what he's coached for the last 15yrs. Just makes sense to me...that he'd want to continue coaching RB's in a ZBS then in a power run game.

Good point also (by some) that Turner may have deep roots in the Denver Community at this point and not want to move to the D.C. area...which is a higher cost of living.

rastaman
01-09-2010, 08:57 AM

Why not predict a fast start of 4-2 and another epic collapse of of 2-8 and a 6-10 finish. Then the opposite happens and McD finishes 10-6 or better in 2010.;)

Hamrob
01-09-2010, 08:59 AM
Wrong, he was offered what was considered a promotion in Houston. The NFL rules allow for an assistant coach under contract to leave for a job that is considered a promotion. Houston, I believe, wanted to make him an assistant HC or OC but he opted to stay in Denver.Wrong...they don't have to let them interview unless it's a head coaching gig.

rastaman
01-09-2010, 09:05 AM
Naw, it couldnt be that McDaniels actually likes Turner and therefore doesnt want him to leave. Naw, couldnt be that. McDaniels is the anti-christ and hates everyone. lmao

Naw everyone knows McD is spitfull, sinister, and slick! But other than that, he has winne written all over him. :thumbsup:

WolfpackGuy
01-09-2010, 09:09 AM
Naw everyone knows McD is spitfull, sinister, and slick! But other than that, he has winne written all over him. :thumbsup:

I would hardly define his playcalling as slick.

rastaman
01-09-2010, 09:10 AM

Does this scenario suddenly give Turner the leverage to insist on keeping a ZBS for the running attack with McDaniel's?8')

bpc
01-09-2010, 09:10 AM
You are somethng else. You b****ed all season how McDaniels held grudges against Shanahan guys, b****ed how he would let Turner and Dennison walk to bring in his own coaches, and now that he has shown a commitment to keeping Turner, you want throw out there that McDaniels is doing it just to screw him? Why would you think that for godssakes?

You really, really, have issues. Seriously. You spend wayyyyyy too much time thinking up of ways that McDaniels is being diabolical, like he's personally out to piss you off. Holy Christ dude, get a grip already.

Well obviously he isn't letting them walk. Maybe holding for randsome?

BTW, I merely posted a thought... an opinion. You don't have to like it but I'm just connecting the dots from things that have become the trend. It's a long offseason and we're what, 5 days into it? We won't know for some time.

We'll just have to wait and see. Which I initially pointed to.

rastaman
01-09-2010, 09:12 AM
I would hardly define his playcalling as slick.

Is play calling is archiac at best. However, McD is slick when it comes to handling player personnel issues and the media.

Hamrob
01-09-2010, 09:27 AM
Broncos not letting Shanahan raid coaching staff (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/01/09/broncos-not-letting-shanahan-raid-coaching-staff/)

Posted by Michael David Smith on January 9, 2010 10:52 AM ET
As Josh Alper noted in today's one-liners (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/01/09/saturday-morning-one-liners-43/), the Broncos have told running backs coach Bobby Turner he can't talk to the Redskins, who would like him to re-join Mike Shanahan in Washington.

The Denver Post has reported that in addition to Turner, Broncos strength and conditioning coach Rich Tuten, assistant strength coach Greg Saporta, special-teams assistant Keith Burns and director of football administration Mike Bluem all were longtime Shanahan associates who would likely be sought after by the Redskins (http://www.denverpost.com/premium/broncos/ci_14137683). But if the Broncos won't let Turner go, it stands to reason they wouldn't let other team employees who are under contract leave, either.

The Broncos' handling of Turner spotlights the way different teams handle requests to interview their assistants differently.

The Houston Texans, for instance, were willing to allow offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan to join his father's staff in Washington. But when the Texans wanted to interview Titans offensive line coach Mike Munchak to fill Kyle Shanahan's place, the Titans said no (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/01/06/titans-wont-let-texans-talk-to-munchak/).

When Rod Marinelli left the Tampa Bay Buccaneers to become head coach of the Detroit Lions, he wanted to bring his son-in-law, Bucs linebackers coach Joe Barry, with him as Lions defensive coordinator. But the Bucs made Barry honor the final year of his contract.

In Denver, it appears that the Broncos will make their assistants honor their contracts, rather than letting Shanahan raid their staff.

WolfpackGuy
01-09-2010, 09:35 AM
Is play calling is archiac at best. However, McD is slick when it comes to handling player personnel issues and the media.

Slick as a grease fire on player relations.

LOL

jsco70
01-09-2010, 09:35 AM
Broncos not letting Shanahan raid coaching staff (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/01/09/broncos-not-letting-shanahan-raid-coaching-staff/)

Posted by Michael David Smith on January 9, 2010 10:52 AM ET
As Josh Alper noted in today's one-liners (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/01/09/saturday-morning-one-liners-43/), the Broncos have told running backs coach Bobby Turner he can't talk to the Redskins, who would like him to re-join Mike Shanahan in Washington.

The Denver Post has reported that in addition to Turner, Broncos strength and conditioning coach Rich Tuten, assistant strength coach Greg Saporta, special-teams assistant Keith Burns and director of football administration Mike Bluem all were longtime Shanahan associates who would likely be sought after by the Redskins (http://www.denverpost.com/premium/broncos/ci_14137683). But if the Broncos won't let Turner go, it stands to reason they wouldn't let other team employees who are under contract leave, either.

The Broncos' handling of Turner spotlights the way different teams handle requests to interview their assistants differently.

The Houston Texans, for instance, were willing to allow offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan to join his father's staff in Washington. But when the Texans wanted to interview Titans offensive line coach Mike Munchak to fill Kyle Shanahan's place, the Titans said no (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/01/06/titans-wont-let-texans-talk-to-munchak/).

When Rod Marinelli left the Tampa Bay Buccaneers to become head coach of the Detroit Lions, he wanted to bring his son-in-law, Bucs linebackers coach Joe Barry, with him as Lions defensive coordinator. But the Bucs made Barry honor the final year of his contract.

In Denver, it appears that the Broncos will make their assistants honor their contracts, rather than letting Shanahan raid their staff.

Interesting article. I think it would be a mistake to require a person to "honor" their contract if their heart isn't into the job anymore. The result would be half-assed effort, discontent, and the potential for failure. However, until someone interviews Turner, and he says he wants to go to Washington but can't, it's all speculation.

Broncoman13
01-09-2010, 10:03 AM
Can you imagine how divided this team will continue to be if coaches and players alike are not interested in being in Denver? McD should just tell them to leave, if they can't do it their replacements can.

rastaman
01-09-2010, 10:16 AM
Can you imagine how divided this team will continue to be if coaches and players alike are not interested in being in Denver? McD should just tell them to leave, if they can't do it their replacements can.

I predict players will be leaving and soon McD will be leaving. HC usually leave last anyway.:thumbsup:

barryr
01-09-2010, 10:45 AM
People have been saying that Turner needs to stay. McDaniels is seeing to it that he does. And yet people are still unhappy. Not saying you directly, but as a general statement. We all know who the b****es are that are doing so. It's unreal. And unlike bpc, I'm not going to make up **** and post it as fact, but I would think McDaniels would have spoken to Turner about it. As was mentioned earlier, Josh is always in no-win situations here. The people that criticize others about being obsessive over this, are the ones throwing the most ****. How surprising. ::)

Great post! But I do hope McDaniels lets Dennison go to the Skins, assuming even Shanahan stil lwants him.

Popps
01-09-2010, 10:53 AM
You really, really, have issues. Seriously. You spend wayyyyyy too much time thinking up of ways....

The Mopey Mafia has very literally gone off the deep end. It's not about football anymore. It's about pure insanity like this, or like people claiming (with a straight face) that McDaniels is intentionally losing football games so his 2nd string fullback doesn't make him look "bad."

Honestly, these are scored, psychotic women who have gone off their meds.

bpc
01-09-2010, 11:33 AM
Hey time will tell. And if McDaniels chooses to release Turner this offseason, what will you say then?

There are possibilities that it might happen. There has been a lot of headscratching going on by the Bronco fan-base since last January at this time. I think fans have realistic questions about what drives McDaniels decisions.

Popps
01-09-2010, 11:37 AM
Hey time will tell. And if McDaniels chooses to release Turner this offseason, what will you say then?

Depends on who he replaces him with. If he brings in a guy that fits our scheme better, then great! Until then, hold onto our guy.

Then again, I'm not living my football life like some sort of scorned ex-girlfriend, either.

DBroncos4life
01-09-2010, 11:40 AM
Depends on who he replaces him with. If he brings in a guy that fits our scheme better, then great! Until then, hold onto our guy.

Then again, I'm not living my football life like some sort of scorned ex-girlfriend, either.

I know right? I'm sure chasing them around from thread to thread looks better in your head.

Florida_Bronco
01-09-2010, 12:01 PM
We'll see how this one plays out but it reads screw job all over it.

Hahaha, it was only a matter of time. :~ohyah!:

theAPAOps5
01-09-2010, 12:31 PM
Wrong...they don't have to let them interview unless it's a head coaching gig.

Wrong again.

theAPAOps5
01-09-2010, 12:34 PM
That was when Shanny was still the HC here in Denver though. I think you're right that Bobby Turner has ties to Denver and would rather stay, but I'm also sure he's smart enough to consider all options. Shanny is tied to Denver as well and will one day return to his palace. What makes you think Turner couldn't or wouldn't do the same thing?

True, he doesn't want to be an OC. But in Washington he wouldn't be an OC, he would be the assistant HC or assistant OC-RBs. Either way, I hope he stays. But if he goes anywhere, I'd like it to be outside of the AFC.

I agree out of the AFC is best and if he wants to go I say let him.

Popps
01-09-2010, 12:41 PM
I know right? I'm sure chasing them around from thread to thread looks better in your head.

Go have a good cry, boss.

Maybe Jay Cutler will come back.

Hamrob
01-09-2010, 12:47 PM
Wrong again.:thumbsup:

DBroncos4life
01-09-2010, 12:49 PM
Go have a good cry, boss.

Maybe Jay Cutler will come back.
You sure do posts his name a lot for someone that claims I am one of the scorned ones.

jhat01
01-09-2010, 01:11 PM
I predict players will be leaving and soon McD will be leaving. HC usually leave last anyway.:thumbsup:

I predict that you are really not as big of a douchbag as you pretend to be on this board.

gunns
01-09-2010, 01:29 PM

You should start telling everyone what they should be saying and thinking to be Real Bronco Fan.

HEAV
01-09-2010, 01:45 PM

Because he is...

Some asshats just bitch to bitch.

HEAV
01-09-2010, 01:48 PM
As far as Bobby Turner... he was the guy that told Shanny to draft Clarrett.

But he's also done great work with other RB's over the years. If and when Dennison leaves Bobby could be RB/OL coach.

Hercules Rockefeller
01-09-2010, 01:50 PM

Christ that's pathetic. Were you guys wearing tin-foil hats with your "I hate Josh" t-shirts while you had that conversation?

Florida_Bronco
01-09-2010, 01:52 PM
christ that's pathetic. Were you guys wearing tin-foil hats with your "i hate josh" t-shirts while you had that conversation?

:rofl:

DenverBrit
01-09-2010, 01:54 PM
Christ that's pathetic. Were you guys wearing tin-foil hats with your "I hate Josh" t-shirts while you had that conversation?

Web cam proof. Ha!

http://www.jessicadunton.com/blog/TinfoilHat.jpg

TheReverend
01-09-2010, 02:01 PM
As far as Bobby Turner... he was the guy that told Shanny to draft Clarrett.

But he's also done great work with other RB's over the years. If and when Dennison leaves Bobby could be RB/OL coach.

With the remarkable success Bobby has had with late round picks, I'd say he deserves a 3rd round compensatory throw-away to not be held against him...

WABronco
01-09-2010, 02:14 PM
A RB coach is a RB coach. Good sign we've had the same one for so long, though.

strafen
01-09-2010, 02:47 PM
You should start telling everyone what they should be saying and thinking to be Real Bronco Fan.

Yeah, no sh*t!

tsiguy96
01-09-2010, 02:56 PM

real bronco fans dont follow other bronco fans from thread to thread telling them they are wrong for supporting the head coach and the only way to be realistic is to say this team is ****ed and has no shot at winning. if you literally hate everything about the coaching staff to the point that you WANT him to fail, you want the broncos to fail, and thus are not a bronco fan.

DBroncos4life
01-09-2010, 03:12 PM
real bronco fans dont follow other bronco fans from thread to thread telling them they are wrong for supporting the head coach and the only way to be realistic is to say this team is ****ed and has no shot at winning. if you literally hate everything about the coaching staff to the point that you WANT him to fail, you want the broncos to fail, and thus are not a bronco fan.

Was that part of the test in 2004? I got my real fan card so long ago things might have changed since then.

jhat01
01-09-2010, 03:49 PM
Web cam proof. Ha!

http://www.jessicadunton.com/blog/TinfoilHat.jpg

Who's the slob in that picture?

Dagmar
01-09-2010, 04:06 PM
Who's the slob in that picture?

mock

rmsanger
01-09-2010, 04:15 PM
You guys are fuggin nuts if you would thing Turner wouldn't rather work for Shanny than McGenious. I know we're fans and all but if I were Turner I would be begging the front office for a chance to interview with him.

colonelbeef
01-09-2010, 04:39 PM
This offseason is going to hurt.

This offense might take yet another huge step backward. Ugh.

Florida_Bronco
01-09-2010, 04:42 PM
You guys are fuggin nuts if you would thing Turner wouldn't rather work for Shanny than McGenious.

Evidence?

Archer81
01-09-2010, 06:43 PM
I thought about this too. I doubt McD denies the request without at least speaking with Turner first. And, it's good to keep it close to the vest as he said he would. No info coming out of this other than a simple, interview denied by McD.

This.

ts entirely possible Turner did not want to go anywhere else, so why waste time and money on something that would come to nothing anyway?

jhat01
01-09-2010, 07:54 PM
mock

Oh....Cool cat.

Popps
01-09-2010, 08:21 PM
This offseason is going to hurt.

This offense might take yet another huge step backward. Ugh.

Yep.

Better take a couple seasons off. Go ahead and delete your user account so you can just start fresh in 2012.

rastaman
01-09-2010, 08:52 PM
I predict that you are really not as big of a douchbag as you pretend to be on this board.

Well a HC can only blame the players and ship them out of town for so long! Pretty soon it will be their turn if they don't win.

Even Knuckle Dragging Homer such as yourself realizes this.......Don't You?

jhat01
01-09-2010, 09:02 PM
Well a HC can only blame the players and ship them out of town for so long! Pretty soon it will be their turn if they don't win.

Even Knuckle Dragging Homer such as yourself realizes this.......Don't You?

Or their coordinators too right? Even a panty waist Sally of a Hater like you realizes this.....Don't You?

gunns
01-09-2010, 10:08 PM

OMG, Tsi, who are these people who are stalking you? Or is it that you can be found in every thread spouting the classifications for being a Real Bronco Fan?

TomServo
01-10-2010, 02:17 AM
McD is pretty much a turd. "i refuse to use the ZBS but ill keep and pay (out of bowlens purse)any coach that trys to go otherwise"

BroncoBuff
01-10-2010, 02:21 AM
The league has nearly made a mockery of the Rooney Rule.

DBroncos4life
01-10-2010, 10:53 AM
What does the McD do if the Pats **** can BB?

jhat01
01-10-2010, 11:05 AM
McD is pretty much a turd. "i refuse to use the ZBS but ill keep and pay (out of bowlens purse)any coach that trys to go otherwise"

Dennison?

Popps
01-10-2010, 11:05 AM

Ummmm...... huh?

jhat01
01-10-2010, 11:07 AM
Ummmm...... huh?

I know....I have to realize that some people are going to hate the dude regardless.:oyvey:

Rabb
01-10-2010, 11:08 AM
I know....I have to realize that some people are going to hate the dude regardless.:oyvey:

but he used quotes in his post....QUOTES!!!!!

IT HAD TO HAVE BEEN REAL!!!!

hambone13
01-10-2010, 01:58 PM
The Mopey Mafia has very literally gone off the deep end. It's not about football anymore. It's about pure insanity like this, or like people claiming (with a straight face) that McDaniels is intentionally losing football games so his 2nd string fullback doesn't make him look "bad."

Honestly, these are scored, psychotic women who have gone off their meds.

I just don't understand how you can call this thread a bunch of people overreacting. Your post is much more dramatic than 90% of the posts here....who needs their meds again?

hambone13
01-10-2010, 01:59 PM

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

rastaman
01-10-2010, 02:03 PM
I just don't understand how you can call this thread a bunch of people overreacting. Your post is much more dramatic than 90% of the posts here....who needs their meds again?

Popps is an Attention Whore with an incurable VD!:sunshine:

rastaman
01-10-2010, 02:04 PM

McD loves McD! He has enough love.:giggle:

jhat01
01-10-2010, 02:50 PM
McD loves McD! He has enough love.:giggle:

And you love some you:thumbs:

Popps
01-10-2010, 03:23 PM
I just don't understand how you can call this thread a bunch of people overreacting.

Because that's exactly what it is.

The subsequent news of us allowing Dennison to interview elsewhere pretty much puts a bow on that point.

Anything else?

bpc
01-10-2010, 03:27 PM
Because that's exactly what it is.

The subsequent news of us allowing Dennison to interview elsewhere pretty much puts a bow on that point.

Anything else?

But the news people want to read is that former coaches are allowed to go interview with Shanny, McD's predecessor, and Bowlen's arch-rival. Not Kubiak.

Notice how he wasn't allowed to go interview with Washington? If that were the case, then maybe we wouldn't feel so strongly about it.

Popps
01-10-2010, 09:12 PM
But the news people want to read is that former coaches are allowed to go interview with Shanny, McD's predecessor, and Bowlen's arch-rival. Not Kubiak.

Notice how he wasn't allowed to go interview with Washington? If that were the case, then maybe we wouldn't feel so strongly about it.

You feel strongly about it because you need medication. You're in Glenn Close territory.

Maybe the staff wants to keep Turner around.... or maybe he wants to stay.

Or, maybe who the **** cares? This is a fly on an elephant's ass in the big picture. How about that?

Missouribronc
01-10-2010, 09:14 PM
We should have fired his ass.

The offensive line sucks.

The MVPlaya
01-10-2010, 09:20 PM
So if McDaniels let Bobby Turner interview we would clearly see the devil he is right? Of getting rid of as many coaches that aren't his?

For all we know Bobby and Josh might have a really good relationship that we don't know of.

Speculation queens.

Popps
01-10-2010, 09:25 PM
So if McDaniels let Bobby Turner interview we would clearly see the devil he is right? Of getting rid of as many coaches that aren't his?

For all we know Bobby and Josh might have a really good relationship that we don't know of.

Speculation queens.

Meanwhile, these pussies are on the other thread crying because we ARE letting Dennison interview.

Honestly, it's so pathetic listening to these people. You get the idea they just have no idea how ridiculous they sound.

Nothing tops the Long-snapper-gate we had during the offseason, but this nonsense is close.

Florida_Bronco
01-10-2010, 09:31 PM
Meanwhile, these pussies are on the other thread crying because we ARE letting Dennison interview.

Honestly, it's so pathetic listening to these people. You get the idea they just have no idea how ridiculous they sound.

Nothing tops the Long-snapper-gate we had during the offseason, but this nonsense is close.

Yeah, it's insane. McD keeps Turner around and he's the dickhead who's blocking Turner from pursuing his goals and/or intentionally trying to screw him.

Then he lets Dennison interview and he's a dickhead for throwing out Shanny's old scheme and not keeping successful coaches. :rofl:

Unintentional comedy at it's finest.