PDA

View Full Version : OT Document Friday: Lee Harvey Oslwald's Letter to the Kremlin

Natedogg
01-08-2010, 11:10 AM
Was about to post this in the War and Politics forum but saw the OT stickie.

So, for my job (just about every week) I do a blog post called "Document Friday" where I post a primary source National Security document and do a brief (and witty) analysis of it. I figured I'd post it over here for my friends at the Mane to read, comment and argue on. So far, I've done some cool posts on the State Dept's take on the genocide in Yugoslavia, a pre-911 assessment on Afghanistan, and Henry Kissenger and the 78 World Cup, etc, etc.

Today's is a letter that Lee Harvey Oswald wrote to the Soviet Union less than a year before he killed Kennedy. It's not in the Warren Commission Report. Read the post to see why.

http://nsarchive.wordpress.com/2010/01/08/document-friday-oswalds-letter/

Here is a snippet, but its better formatted (with the actual doc and links) at the other site.

“I want citizenship [in the Soviet Union] because, I am a communist and a worker, I have lived in a decadent capitalist society where the workers are slaves,” wrote Lee Harvey Oswald from his Moscow hotel to the “Suprem” Soviet on October 16, 1959. After this citizenship request was rejected, Oswald sat in his bathtub and slit a vein in his left arm. He was then granted temporary residence and assigned to work at a radio factory in Minsk. In April 1961, he married the nineteen-year-old student Marina Prusakova. Fourteen months later, Oswald, Marina, and their newborn son left the Soviet Union for Dallas.What do you think?

Rohirrim
01-08-2010, 11:23 AM
I think you should stop doing things that might lure Gaffney over here.

Natedogg
01-08-2010, 11:25 AM

?

Rohirrim
01-08-2010, 11:29 AM
?

Gaffney is our resident conspiracist in the WRP forum.

Natedogg
01-08-2010, 11:31 AM
Gaffney is our resident conspiracist in the WRP forum.

I see...

Well this letter may show just how dumb LHO was. He spells almost as bad as some of the posters on the Mane. ("Suprem")

Ha!

Dukes
01-08-2010, 11:34 AM

Hilarious!

Seriously though, after reading the entire article I wonder what's in those five large files the KGB have on Oswald. To me, the letter doesn't say much. It's already been known he was a communist simpithizer and attempted to gain citizenship.

Natedogg
01-08-2010, 11:41 AM
Hilarious!

Seriously though, after reading the entire article I wonder what's in those five large files the KGB have on Oswald. To me, the letter doesn't say much. It's already been known he was a communist simpithizer and attempted to gain citizenship.

True.

According to the Izvestia newspaper article (a russian paper). The files were mostly surveillance, like what would be done to any westerner living in the ussr. "Today our surveillance subject took a crap, walked to x store, and spoke with this, that, and the other person." There is a lot of paper because they were pretty meticulous in their methods.

Popps
01-08-2010, 11:47 AM
Is this going to end up with a good explanation as to why Hillis didn't get more carries?

Natedogg
01-08-2010, 11:52 AM
Is this going to end up with a good explanation as to why Hillis didn't get more carries?

Because the guy on the Grassy Knoll wasn't a McD guy!!!!!!

DenverBrit
01-08-2010, 02:11 PM

Hilarious!

NYBronco
01-08-2010, 03:01 PM
Where can I find your article on "Genocide in Yugoslavia"?

Natedogg
01-08-2010, 03:37 PM
Where can I find your article on "Genocide in Yugoslavia"?

http://nsarchive.wordpress.com/2009/11/06/document-friday-this-is-a-must-read-cable/

watermock
01-08-2010, 03:46 PM
Oswald was a patsy.

The kill shot came from the grassy knoll.

Natedogg
01-08-2010, 03:53 PM
Oswald was a patsy.

... The best film I've seen on it was the 3 part front line documentary.

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/3696259/PBS_-_Lee_Harvey_Oswald_%283_Parts%29_XviD

watermock
01-08-2010, 03:59 PM
That proves nothing other than he was set up.

Natedogg
01-08-2010, 04:01 PM
That proves nothing other than he was set up.

What does?

Archer81
01-08-2010, 05:01 PM
What does?

The letter was somehow a plant to kill any further investigation into Oswald. A letter stating I am a communist tends to kill most American's drive to find out what happened after Oswald was shot by Ruby.

:Broncos:

Hogan11
01-08-2010, 05:12 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_40kJlo9P4g&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_40kJlo9P4g&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

"it's fun and games Man....fun and games...."

EDIT : LANGUAGE ADVISORY!

watermock
01-08-2010, 05:22 PM
One thing certain.

There were 2 official investigations.

1 was the Warren commission.

The other was I think a congressional on and it ruled there were at least 2 gumnen.

Let's not forget that Kennedy was a pacifist and kept us out of WW3, and wanted to leave vietnam. but also signed an order limiting the fed's power..

BTW, LBJ could hardly hold his glee.

Natedogg
01-08-2010, 06:05 PM
The letter was somehow a plant to kill any further investigation into Oswald. A letter stating I am a communist tends to kill most American's drive to find out what happened after Oswald was shot by Ruby.

I'm not really taking any side on this. Just sayin... The letter was released by Boris Yeltsin in 1996 (circa).... So a little late for debunking conspiracies, maybe.

Also, its LHO's handwriting (I know that can be faked). Also the batch of documents it was released with seems to be genuinely russian. The Frontline show I mentioned has a bunch of interviews with former KGB agents which pass the smell test to me.

A bizarre mystery. Hard to say the case is closed.

Natedogg
01-08-2010, 06:07 PM
One thing certain.

The other was I think a congressional on and it ruled there were at least 2 gumnen.

Let's not forget that Kennedy was a pacifist and kept us out of WW3, and wanted to leave vietnam. but also signed an order limiting the fed's power..

I will say, people forget that the Cuban Missile Crisis was only one year earlier. And that the original charge brought against Lee Harvey Oslwald had the words "Internationalist Communist conspiracy" in it.

Bronx33
01-08-2010, 06:09 PM

i concur

watermock
01-08-2010, 06:20 PM
Remember the bullsiait saying we would know he truth in 2010?

Well Ted is gone and his legacy will be a ****ed up country.

Did 'Teddie ever say he was going to reveal the killing of his brother?

watermock
01-08-2010, 06:26 PM
I will say, people forget that the Cuban Missile Crisis was only one year earlier. And that the original charge brought against Lee Harvey Oslwald had the words "Internationalist Communist conspiracy" in it.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WnCZxLvYXI8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WnCZxLvYXI8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Hogan11
01-08-2010, 06:34 PM
remember the bullsiait saying we would know he truth in 2010?

All these worlds are yours–except Europa.

Attempt no landings there.

Use them together

Use them in peace

broncosteven
01-08-2010, 06:43 PM
One thing certain.

I would agree there could have been a conspiracy if

1) Ozwald didn't hose up his get away, calling attention to himself, getting pulled over and capping a cop. He was nuts. Shooting a cop then sitting in a theater thinking he had gotten away was NUTS!

2) The shots had not been so close together, I know snipers are very good at what they do but to converge with in 3 seconds at the same point within a plausable reload time for a lone gunman and no visual proof of any triangulated shots with all the cameras trained on the pres. The audio has been processed and it was said to be 3 clean shots from the same location.

ZONA
01-08-2010, 10:57 PM
Oswald was a patsy.

Oswald was not a patsy. Discover channel did a brand new break down on this whole thing late in 2008 and they went over every single exact minute little detail, from the ballistics of the shots, new and updated blood spatter experts, to Oswald being arrested and held up to his murder by Ruby. They went over all the time details of what happened in massive detail. Where Ruby was the entire day, how long it took him to get to his final shooting location, the length of time it took for the lawmen to take Oswald to the transport. They had all the living people that were there (camera men, sherrifs, etc) all their to give their perspective in detail what happened that day. Way too much detail to give here but I suggest you watch it and I bet you come away with a different view of it all. I too was a believe in the grassy knoll theory but you just can't argue once you see this show. Basically, if Ruby was sent to kill him and it was set up to be that way, it would not have gone down the way it did. Oswald was set to vacate the building at a certain time, before Ruby even got to the station. Oswald told the lawman that he was cold and wanted a sweater. The lawnman went to go get one for him and that took like 10 minutes they said. Then they walked him to the car and Ruby had just got there at that same time. Even the camera men knew the time he got there because they remember seeing him. If Oswald doesn't ask for that sweater, he's already in the car being transported before Ruby even gets to the station. Just watch the video, I betcha you change your mind.

The show was called: JFK: Inside the Target Car

OABB
01-08-2010, 11:57 PM
it's a cookbook.

Archer81
01-09-2010, 02:29 AM
I'm not really taking any side on this. Just sayin... The letter was released by Boris Yeltsin in 1996 (circa).... So a little late for debunking conspiracies, maybe.

Also, its not LHO's handwriting (I know that can be faked). Also the batch of documents it was released with seems to be genuinely russian. The Frontline show I mentioned has a bunch of interviews with former KGB agents which pass the smell test to me.

A bizarre mystery. Hard to say the case is closed.

I was explaining Mocks point...I think. Oswald wanted to become a Soviet citizen, and was a nutjob. Personally I could care less about Kennedy. The cuban missile crisis, escalation in vietnam and his own assassination were a result of bad decisions he made.