PDA

View Full Version : Mike Vick

supermanhr9
01-08-2010, 08:12 AM
Lets discuss where he might go, or go anywhere at all?

St. Louis keeps coming up as an option, however that is just speculation from Rams fans I hear by living in the St. Louis area. Any other hints or rumors? Would we even want him? I would take him on our team.... just sayin

tsiguy96
01-08-2010, 08:25 AM
he cant run and cant pass, what can he do that would make him valuable to our team?

jhat01
01-08-2010, 08:43 AM
He can still run and throw on Madden though! hahaha

Smiling Assassin27
01-08-2010, 08:57 AM
next year, you will see a different mike vick. his ego and selfish side will be back and you'll see him publicly declaring that he should be starting somewhere and making more than he is.

we do not need that player or the side issues that he brings with him. just say no.

TheDave
01-08-2010, 08:58 AM
This is WAY to easy... Raiders.

Rohirrim
01-08-2010, 08:58 AM
Woof!

Smiling Assassin27
01-08-2010, 09:00 AM
Woof!

the Browns, you say? :giggle:

supermanhr9
01-08-2010, 09:02 AM
hahaha. C'mon you're telling me you wouldn't want Vick in the 2nd most dog friendly state in the US? Oh it woudl be hilarious. I just want Orton to be a little more agile, I don't really want VICK, but hell,, it would be cool to have a mobile QB.

Dr. Broncenstein
01-08-2010, 09:04 AM
The correct answer is: C - Who gives a shiat.

Peoples Champ
01-08-2010, 09:06 AM
he cant run and cant pass, what can he do that would make him valuable to our team?

would vick be an upgrade to Orton?

supermanhr9
01-08-2010, 09:16 AM
The correct answer is: C - Who gives a shiat.

What else we gonna talk about? You're an idiot.

misturanderson
01-08-2010, 09:31 AM
would vick be an upgrade to Orton?

As a running back, yes. But Orton is a QB.

Peoples Champ
01-08-2010, 09:32 AM
What else we gonna talk about? You're an idiot.

tell him to go play name that city game, and not talk about anything football related.

Peoples Champ
01-08-2010, 09:34 AM
As a running back, yes. But Orton is a QB.

i dont know, i think with another year vick could improve his accuracy, and be just as good as a QB/passer as Orton. I know Orton made a lot of good throws, but also underthrew a lot of people two, and underthrew 2 pick sixes against KC, and one in Indy. Maybe with another year of throwing, vick can make those throws. I could be right, or could be wrong, you cant prove it either way.

tsiguy96
01-08-2010, 09:37 AM
i dont know, i think with another year vick could improve his accuracy, and be just as good as a QB/passer as Orton. I know Orton made a lot of good throws, but also underthrew a lot of people two, and underthrew 2 pick sixes against KC, and one in Indy. Maybe with another year of throwing, vick can make those throws. I could be right, or could be wrong, you cant prove it either way.

vick has never been in his career as accurate as orton, especially orton this year.

TailgateNut
01-08-2010, 09:39 AM
Destined to clean up dog poop in his "afterlife".

Peoples Champ
01-08-2010, 09:42 AM
vick has never been in his career as accurate as orton, especially orton this year.

ok, well as bad as our offense looked towards the end of the year, call me crazy but I would almost want to just bring vick in and run the wildcat like the dolphins.

Peoples Champ
01-08-2010, 09:45 AM

I still say draft a QB, but it wouldnt hurt to bring in Vick, because if it doesnt work out, it was a cheap try. How much is he making 1 or 2 mill? What did we give Chris Simms? more then that i think. I thought Simms was 3 or 4 mill.

TailgateNut
01-08-2010, 09:49 AM
I still say draft a QB, but it wouldnt hurt to bring in Vick, because if it doesnt work out, it was a cheap try. How much is he making 1 or 2 mill? What did we give Chris Simms? more then that i think. I thought Simms was 3 or 4 mill.

Holy Dog****. **** Vick and anyone who would give him the time of day!

oubronco
01-08-2010, 09:52 AM
"Hell to the Mother****ing NO" do I want him on my team

TailgateNut
01-08-2010, 09:56 AM
"Hell to the Mother****ing NO" do I want him on my team

:notworthy

supermanhr9
01-08-2010, 10:04 AM
:notworthy

Why? and not just because he killed dogs. GHive a real reason besides he's not that accurate. What he lacked in accuracy he more than made up for in escapability and big play ability. I would trade that any day.

Career stats wise, Vick is an overall 54% completion, Orton is 59%. I would gladly trade 5% of his total completions for all the big plays Vick has made in the past. Hands down!

Now we're gonna argue.

TailgateNut
01-08-2010, 10:09 AM
Why? and not just because he killed dogs. GHive a real reason besides he's not that accurate. What he lacked in accuracy he more than made up for in escapability and big play ability. I would trade that any day.

Career stats wise, Vick is an overall 54% completion, Orton is 59%. I would gladly trade 5% of his total completions for all the big plays Vick has made in the past. Hands down!

Now we're gonna argue.

He' s a sad excuse for a human being. Period.

Argue my ass. There is no argument. Defend that bitch if you want, just makes you a bitch too.

oubronco
01-08-2010, 10:11 AM

Argue my ass. There is no argument. Defend that b**** if you want, just makes you a b**** too.

get him

supermanhr9
01-08-2010, 10:17 AM

Argue my ass. There is no argument. Defend that b**** if you want, just makes you a b**** too.

Football is football, I am not arguing whether or not he is a good human, that's not what I'm saying.

And the fact you're throwing out names at him and me only means you are feeling defensive due to your lack of intelligence and argument.

Calm down, I love dogs as much as anyone, have one myself, btu I don't rate athletes by what they do off the field. I rate their ability to play on the field. I am still a fan of Tiger Woods because he is the most domninating golfer of all time. I haven't jumped ship just because he is a cheating douche bag.

supermanhr9
01-08-2010, 10:18 AM

Also, makes me a B****? How does that even make sense?

oubronco
01-08-2010, 10:19 AM
Football is football, I am not arguing whether or not he is a good human, that's not what I'm saying.

And the fact you're throwing out names at him and me only means you are feeling defensive due to your lack of intelligence and argument.

Calm down, I love dogs as much as anyone, have one myself, btu I don't rate athletes by what they do off the field. I rate their ability to play on the field. I am still a fan of Tiger Woods because he is the most domninating golfer of all time. I haven't jumped ship just because he is a cheating douche bag.

How can you hate on a guy who bangs that many hot chicks

TailgateNut
01-08-2010, 10:20 AM
get him

Vick is a POS. To defend him and argue that he should be given any respect is incomprehensible. Just because he had the money to buy his way out of Dog Slaughtering charges doesn't negate the facts.

TailgateNut
01-08-2010, 10:21 AM
Also, makes me a B****? How does that even make sense?

Anyone who defends this POS is no better IMO. Get it?

Peoples Champ
01-08-2010, 10:22 AM
Vick is a POS. To defend him and argue that he should be given any respect is incomprehensible. Just because he had the money to buy his way out of Dog Slaughtering charges doesn't negate the facts.

thats the arguement that you should stick with. That you think he is a POS and should be punished more for what he did to dogs.

Because you cannot argue that he wont improve the team at a cheap price. I would just stick to one argument.

TailgateNut
01-08-2010, 10:26 AM
thats the arguement that you should stick with. That you think he is a POS and should be punished more for what he did to dogs.

Because you cannot argue that he wont improve the team at a cheap price. I would just stick to one argument.

I don't give a **** if he can or cannot improve this team nor any other team. He doesn't deserve to be on the field regardless of price.

Peoples Champ
01-08-2010, 10:26 AM
Anyone who defends this POS is no better IMO. Get it?

So Tony Dungy is a POS , because he was his mentor. And the entire Eagles are POS because they supported him in coming back in his life?

supermanhr9
01-08-2010, 10:27 AM

I'm not leading a charge to get Vicks name cleared, I was just bringing up an interesting point on whether or not he'd be an upgrade brining him in.

I said nothing about "Hey guys, lets all sit around and respect Vick together" I could care less if anyone likes/respects him, I don't even like him as a person, but as an athlete I think he would be a pretty damn interesting option and threat on the field.

Peoples Champ
I don't give a **** if he can or cannot improve this team nor any other team. He doesn't deserve to be on the field regardless of price.

Exactly, thats the argument I told you to stick to.

supermanhr9
So Tony Dungy is a POS , because he was his mentor. And the entire Eagles are POS because they supported him in coming back in his life?

Ur the man Champ

Peoples Champ
01-08-2010, 10:33 AM
Ur the man Champ

ya he wont respond, because he knows the entire NFL sees Tony Dungy as a class act and a respectable man, and he is not a POS just because he supported vick

oubronco
01-08-2010, 10:36 AM

He didn't need the money he made millions and to fight dogs for a couple grand shows you how much he respects God's living creatures

Peoples Champ
01-08-2010, 10:41 AM
He didn't need the money he made millions and to fight dogs for a couple grand shows you how much he respects God's living creatures

we all dont like him off the field , but on the field i gotta like his production. I would still want Michael Jordan on my team even though he "disrespected" Gods creatures by cheating on his wife, and even broke one of Gods commandments. Of course you dont like that, but when he is producing for your team you sometimes forget that, as backwards as that sounds.

TailgateNut
01-08-2010, 10:48 AM
I'm not leading a charge to get Vicks name cleared, I was just bringing up an interesting point on whether or not he'd be an upgrade brining him in.

I said nothing about "Hey guys, lets all sit around and respect Vick together" I could care less if anyone likes/respects him, I don't even like him as a person, but as an athlete I think he would be a pretty damn interesting option and threat on the field.

We're as different as day and night. He deserves nothing short of being mauled by a pack of rabid dogs.

Dagmar
01-08-2010, 10:50 AM
I hope someone strangles him to death the same way he did those dogs.

He is scum.

**** player.

**** human.

TailgateNut
01-08-2010, 10:51 AM
we all dont like him off the field , but on the field i gotta like his production. I would still want Michael Jordan on my team even though he "disrespected" Gods creatures by cheating on his wife, and even broke one of Gods commandments. Of course you dont like that, but when he is producing for your team you sometimes forget that, as backwards as that sounds.

No "you" (I) don't forget that, nor do I want to see him on my team. **** him.

TailgateNut
01-08-2010, 10:51 AM
I hope someone strangles him to death the same way he did those dogs.
He is scum.

**** player.

**** human.

Works for me.

Smiling Assassin27
01-08-2010, 10:54 AM

correction. you gotta like WHAT WAS HIS PRODUCTION WHEN HE WAS IN HIS PRIME AND IN AN OFFENSE THAT WAS BUILT SOLELY AROUND HIM. He's nowhere near the same player he once was, which tells me he's LESS accurate, LESS elusive, and therefore, LESS valuable. His production, if you look at it honestly this year, is insignificant. He's just a guy now, not a starting NFL qb, IMO.

Peoples Champ
01-08-2010, 10:57 AM
correction. you gotta like WHAT WAS HIS PRODUCTION WHEN HE WAS IN HIS PRIME AND IN AN OFFENSE THAT WAS BUILT SOLELY AROUND HIM. He's nowhere near the same player he once was, which tells me he's LESS accurate, LESS elusive, and therefore, LESS valuable. His production, if you look at it honestly this year, is insignificant. He's just a guy now, not a starting NFL qb, IMO.

Ya I agree with that he isnt a starting QB, but for the price, i gotta say he is just as good as Orton if not better, and will help our transition until we find the next franchise QB, because depending on Sam Bradford's shoulder, I dont see too many good QBs in this draft.

oubronco
01-08-2010, 10:57 AM

**** Vick

I'm with TGN here I don't want him anywhere near my team

TailgateNut
01-08-2010, 10:59 AM
Ya I agree with that he isnt a starting QB, but for the price, i gotta say he is just as good as Orton if not better, and will help our transition until we find the next franchise QB, because depending on Sam Bradford's shoulder, I dont see too many good QBs in this draft.

I guess it would be a joy watching him clean up after Thunder drops some horseapples on the field. Aside from that task, he has no use.

WolfpackGuy
01-08-2010, 11:01 AM
Vick is done.

I don't want no dog killer on the team anyway.

Peoples Champ
01-08-2010, 11:01 AM
**** Vick

Ya he is going to the Rams anyway, so none of it really matters.

TailgateNut
01-08-2010, 11:04 AM
Ya he is going to the Rams anyway, so none of it really matters.

He should be allowed to play. Period! Hope somebody knocks his block off!

Garcia Bronco
01-08-2010, 11:06 AM
I want the Rams to get MArshall and Vick and we get Suh

Dagmar
01-08-2010, 11:13 AM
**** Vick

Don't forget ol' Rusty too!

supermanhr9
01-08-2010, 11:58 AM
I would love to have SUH, but I still wouldn't go crying to this board if Vick ended up a Bronco. I'd be interested. I think Orton has lost a lot of favor with Denver fans, and it is obvious we need a franchise QB, I'll be curious with what McD does. It will all start with our O-Line though. gotta get our run game going.

Anyways, no hurt feelings TGN, I loved the back-and-forth, gotta admit it would make for some interesting reads on this board if Vick wore a different orange uniform?

misturanderson
01-08-2010, 12:16 PM
Regardless of his off-the-field actions, if you honestly think that Vick has done anything this year to make you think that he is a better option than Orton you are smoking crack.

All he was BEFORE was a glorified RB that made spectacular plays that got him on sportscenter's top 10 plays every week. That isn't all that goes into being a good QB. In fact, his inability to actually consistently play the position he was drafted for cost his team some games.

Now he is so washed up that the Eagles couldn't even find a place for him in their offense when McNabb was hurt. They felt that Desean Jackson would be a better QB for their wildcat offense.

So even if you throw out what a horrible person he is, HE STILL SUCKS and would contribute nothing but further bad publicity for a team with a mostly white fanbase that all hate him. And yes, in this case, race does seem to matter for some reason.

Popps
01-08-2010, 12:44 PM
Take away the dog genocide, and say he was a decent human being... and I think he'd be a great piece to add to the offense in the same way Philly used him. I'm actually in favor of drafting a multi-purpose/spark plug-type guy if there seems to be a good option.

He's obviously not a starting-caliber NFL QB, though. Never was.

TailgateNut
01-08-2010, 01:07 PM
Regardless of his off-the-field actions, if you honestly think that Vick has done anything this year to make you think that he is a better option than Orton you are smoking crack.

All he was BEFORE was a glorified RB that made spectacular plays that got him on sportscenter's top 10 plays every week. That isn't all that goes into being a good QB. In fact, his inability to actually consistently play the position he was drafted for cost his team some games.

Now he is so washed up that the Eagles couldn't even find a place for him in their offense when McNabb was hurt. They felt that Desean Jackson would be a better QB for their wildcat offense.

So even if you throw out what a horrible person he is, HE STILL SUCKS and would contribute nothing but further bad publicity for a team with a mostly white fanbase that all hate him. And yes, in this case, race does seem to matter for some reason.

That's BS!

Hogan11
01-08-2010, 01:07 PM
Watch Vick go to Buffalo.

Hogan11
01-08-2010, 01:08 PM
That's BS!

Racemen always find a way to work the issue in, it never fails

yavoon
01-08-2010, 01:19 PM
st. louis has a football team?

Dagmar
01-08-2010, 01:35 PM
st. louis has a football team?

Kinda, it's just Steven Jackson watched by three fans and a dog.

supermanhr9
01-08-2010, 01:42 PM
Don't forget about Donnie Avery. The great heraled WR that was drafted in front of Desean Jackson! What a joke of a front office thy have here. Watch them walk away from this draft without Suh. Idiots.

And no, I am not saying cut Orton and plug in Vick, I am like Pops, it would be cool to have that "option" whatever it is.

Honestly, where is Tebow going in this draft? Are mock's even prediciting where he'll go?

yavoon
01-08-2010, 01:43 PM

I don't think I've heard them mentioned or saw them play once all year.

Peoples Champ
01-08-2010, 02:01 PM
I don't think I've heard them mentioned or saw them play once all year.

neither did their fans. I would say about 4 or 5 of the 8 home games were blacked out

Flex Gunmetal
01-08-2010, 02:23 PM
**** vick and his supporters. He's a despicable person. I grew up in CO, and have been to more broncos games than I could count. I only have nuggets and broncos gear. I bleed orange and blue.
I would have a hard time staying a broncos fan if the broncos did sign vick.
That's just me personally. I don't think he's much of a football player anymore anyway.

Hogan11
01-08-2010, 02:34 PM
**** vick and his supporters. He's a despicable person. I grew up in CO, and have been to more broncos games than I could count. I only have nuggets and broncos gear. I bleed orange and blue.
I would have a hard time staying a broncos fan if the broncos did sign vick.
That's just me personally. I don't think he's much of a football player anymore anyway.

I wouldn't turn my back on the Broncos, I just wouldn't cheer for Vick. Just like I vowed not to cheer for TO back a few years ago when Shanny was flirting with bringing him in. Team above players, you know ROFL!

titan
01-08-2010, 02:36 PM
Take away the dog genocide, and say he was a decent human being... and I think he'd be a great piece to add to the offense in the same way Philly used him. I'm actually in favor of drafting a multi-purpose/spark plug-type guy if there seems to be a good option.

He's obviously not a starting-caliber NFL QB, though. Never was.

Popps agree with most of your posts but not this one. Remember what Vick did to the Broncos back in 2004:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200410310den.htm

18-24 252 yds passing 2 tds 115 yds rushing

One of the best performances by an opposing qb I've seen in Denver.

Now I don't want him for the Broncos (wouldn't fit in the McD offense) but in the right system he's definitely a starting caliber NFL QB

Flex Gunmetal
01-08-2010, 02:43 PM
I wouldn't turn my back on the Broncos, I just wouldn't cheer for Vick. Just like I vowed not to cheer for TO back a few years ago when Shanny was flirting with bringing him in. Team above players, you know ROFL!

I dont think I could turn my back on the team, but it would be an internal struggle.
I would have cheered my ass off for TO, but he isn't a ****bag felonious murderer.
But I am a huge Ocho fan, so I'll enjoy this rare moment in which we share a common ground.

Cool Breeze
01-08-2010, 02:55 PM
Popps agree with most of your posts but not this one. Remember what Vick did to the Broncos back in 2004:

Now I don't want him for the Broncos (wouldn't fit in the McD offense) but in the right system he's definitely a starting caliber NFL QB

I was there and he tore us up...
I don't want him on the team. He may go Raiders.:giggle:

misturanderson
01-08-2010, 03:07 PM
That's BS!

Regardless of your personal feelings, I can guarantee you that there is a bigger racial discrepancy in Michael Vick's supporters now vs. before he got caught. Many more white peope jumped off his bandwagon. Maybe it has more to do with economics than race, or maybe there is an underlying mistrust for the system that is causing (in my opinion completely unfounded and idiotic) support for Vick in this case.

Here are just a couple articles that delve into some of the racial tensions of this specific case.

http://www.tnr.com/blog/the-plank/michael-vick-and-race
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/eticket/story?page=vicksatlanta

And here's a couple that pretty much illustrate my point perfectly that there is a MAJOR difference in how Vick is viewed by different races.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/08/30/national/main3220685.shtml
http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com/2009/08/polling-on-michael-vick.html

To pretend that race plays no role (maybe not overtly, but certainly subconsciously) is denying the obvious truth.

supermanhr9
01-08-2010, 03:33 PM
The race thing is huge for sure.

I am dissapointed on how some of you automatically are grouping someone like me, Peoples Champ and Titan as douchers or other names just because we're claiming he is not a worthless player and will be contributing somewhere next year. I have never once condoned or made excuses for what he did, but only proposed the idea of what if??? What if he came to our team? I gurantee every single one of you would be bying his jersey if he was our starter in the superbowl? Tell me I'm lying. this board would be so Pro-Vick it would be hilarious.

However, just because I think he has talent I don't think that makes me a b**** or a douche, or that I shoul f*** off. I still think as a person he's horrible for what he did, but as a person so is B-Marsh fior beating up women and his other various escapades,so is Tiger for his numerous affairs he had on his wife. See where I am going?

misturanderson
01-08-2010, 03:49 PM
The race thing is huge for sure.

I am dissapointed on how some of you automatically are grouping someone like me, Peoples Champ and Titan as douchers or other names just because we're claiming he is not a worthless player and will be contributing somewhere next year. I have never once condoned or made excuses for what he did, but only proposed the idea of what if??? What if he came to our team? I gurantee every single one of you would be bying his jersey if he was our starter in the superbowl? Tell me I'm lying. this board would be so Pro-Vick it would be hilarious.

However, just because I think he has talent I don't think that makes me a b**** or a douche, or that I shoul **** off. I still think as a person he's horrible for what he did, but as a person so is B-Marsh fior beating up women and his other various escapades,so is Tiger for his numerous affairs he had on his wife. See where I am going?

That's legitimate, but I don't think anyone but the people you listed think Vick is an improvement, and they certainly don't think that he is enough an improvement for our team to support him and his baggage.

He WAS an average starter that had a lot of exciting plays to go with his overwhelming inability to play QB at a high level consistently. NOW he isn't even good enough to be a 2nd string QB on his current team and has had essentially no impact on any game he has played in. As of right now, not only is he a terrible person (which for some people is enough to say no to him), but he isn't even a good football player anymore.

Before this season, at least you could say that maybe he could return to form and contribute, but he has essentially erased all of that hopeful enthusiasm this year by playing like crap.

Rabb
01-08-2010, 03:57 PM
I want the Rams to get MArshall and Vick and we get Suh

I am so on board with this it is sick

then again I was told he isn't a good fit for us which I think is BS...Suh can play in any system

supermanhr9
01-08-2010, 03:58 PM
What if we signed him, and he blew away Orton at mini and training camp, under the watchful eyes of everyone on this board who diligently attend Dove Valley? just curious

yavoon
01-08-2010, 04:18 PM
What if we signed him, and he blew away Orton at mini and training camp, under the watchful eyes of everyone on this board who diligently attend Dove Valley? just curious

it'd have to be in a sprinting or dog killing contest because vick ain't a qb.

Popps
01-08-2010, 04:30 PM

You could be right. It just always seemed like when teams were able to contain him and make him throw from the pocket, he would eventually fall apart.

He's definitely dangerous, though... and he'll definitely be looking for a place to compete for a starting gig. So, we'll see.

Chris
01-08-2010, 04:33 PM

The dog is very enthusiastic, mind you.

http://www.chicoandmilos.com/data/categories/000/000/372/St._Louis_Rams_Dog_Bowl.jpg

Hogan11
01-08-2010, 05:39 PM
What if he came to our team? I gurantee every single one of you would be bying his jersey if he was our starter in the superbowl? Tell me I'm lying. this board would be so Pro-Vick it would be hilarious.

You're not lying, you're just mistaken, that's all. Not all fans go by the old "he may be an ahole, but he's the Broncos ahole, so he's okay" philosophy.

Don't get me wrong, some undoubtedly do think that way, but many more do not.