PDA

View Full Version : Mayweather Official Statement on Pacquiao Bout Cancellation

slyinky
01-07-2010, 07:26 PM
In case you didn't hear, the Mayweather Pacquiao fight has been called off for the time being.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mpfTth-GQy4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mpfTth-GQy4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

gunns
01-07-2010, 07:31 PM
That perfectly identifies Mayweather. Nothing but a chicken **** punk.

OBF1
01-07-2010, 07:38 PM
boxing.... who cares ???

slyinky
01-07-2010, 07:50 PM
boxing.... who cares ???

Nobody. Nobody cares. :boxing:

yerner
01-07-2010, 07:53 PM
boxing was great in the 60's.

Requiem
01-07-2010, 07:55 PM
Don't talk **** about Mayweather.

rastaman
01-07-2010, 08:00 PM
Here's the official statement:

Pacquaio vs. Mayweather Fight OFF
http://cdn.springboard.gorillanation.com/storage/craveonline.com/articles/94049/image_assets/image_1.jpg
Pac-man reacts to the ultimate boxing match-up cancellation
by Johnny Firecloud
Jan 07, 2010

The ultimate boxing dream match-up appears too good to be true, after all.
Floyd Mayweather Jr. refused to compromise on his demands for Olympic-style drug testing and, as a result, the planned March 13 bout with Manny Pacquiao is officially off, promoter Bob Arum told Yahoo! Sports on Wednesday.

For Manny Pacquiao's official statement in reaction to the news, head over to MP Boxing, Pac-man's official blog site (Mayweather Pacquaio Fight Off (http://pacman.craveonline.com/articles/news/37922-official-statement-by-mann%20y-pacquiao-on-the-fight-being-off)). To put it mildly, the slugger's unhappy with the decision.

Mediator Daniel Weinstein, a retired federal judge, was unable to bring the sides to an agreement for the historic bout after two days of heated negotiations over the drug-testing dispute.

“Manny’s reaction is that he’s very disappointed because he wanted to give the fans this fight,” Pacquiao adviser Mike Koncz, his acting manager, said from the Philippines, where he is with Pacquiao. “He is upset his reputation has been tarnished and he wants his fans to know that at some point, you have to stand on principle. He’s walking away from $35 million, $40 million, maybe $50 million on principle.”

The cancellation is an utter ball-drop on every level for the industry, which would've drawn unprecedented numbers for the match.

Lolad
01-07-2010, 08:03 PM
I don't care how scared you are of needles there was nothing wrong with Olympic style testing

rastaman
01-07-2010, 08:05 PM
The sides went to mediation on Tuesday in Santa Monica in an attempt to resolve the drug testing (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/#$drug_test) issues that are the only remaining conflicts in the negotiation. Mayweather's demands for frequent blood testing beyond the Nevada Athletic Commission's requirements - and Pacquiao's reluctance to agree to those requests - have derailed the bout.
Mayweather initially demanded repeated blood testing right up to the day of the fight, while Pacquiao asked for a 30-day cutoff before the bout. Mayweather now claims he agreed to a 14-day cutoff compromise before the mediation session began, but Pacquiao still wouldn't accept those terms.
"The truth is he just doesn't want to take the tests," Mayweather said.
Pacquiao has filed a lawsuit alleging Mayweather and most of his representatives, including Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer, defamed him by falsely accusing him of using performance-enhancing drugs (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/#$various_drugs).
Top Rank boss Bob Arum was brutally frank about his former fighter on Wednesday night, telling The Associated Press that Mayweather is "a psychological coward who doesn't want to fight anybody who has a chance of beating him."
After generating stellar pay-per-view revenue from their previous fights, both Pacquiao and Mayweather likely stood to make much more than $25 million apiece from their welterweight bout. Mayweather returned to the ring after a 21-month absence in September with a victory over Juan Manuel Marquez, while Pacquiao (50-3-2, 38 KOs) pounded Miguel Cotto in November for his 13th straight victory since 2005.
Pacquiao is widely considered boxing's pound-for-pound champion, an unofficial title held by Mayweather before his aborted retirement. Their proposed fight was seen as the biggest moment in boxing since Mayweather's split-decision victory over Oscar De La Hoya in May 2007.
Daniel Weinstein, the retired federal judge who oversaw the mediation, also issued a statement Thursday saying little about the actual discussions.
"In the end, the parties could not agree on a testing protocol acceptable to all," Weinstein's statement read.
All rights reserved. This copyrighted material may not be re-published without permission. Links are encouraged

rastaman
01-07-2010, 08:08 PM
I don't care how scared you are of needles there was nothing wrong with Olympic style testing

I believe Pacquio is complaining that the olypic style testing takes too much blood and he feels it weakens him, especially b/c Mayweather wants the option to have Manny tested just days before the fight.

Requiem
01-07-2010, 08:09 PM
Yeah, I've done plenty of heroin out of needles and I'm a fine upstanding citizen! DO THE TESTS MEXICAN DUDE!

rastaman
01-07-2010, 08:59 PM
Yeah, I've done plenty of heroin out of needles and I'm a fine upstanding citizen! DO THE TESTS MEXICAN DUDE!

Meh! Due to the number of vials of blood required for Olympic style testing which could possible weaken boxer if tests are conducted the day of the fight, Mayweahter should only be able to demand an Olympic style drug test seven days before the fight and immediately after the fight.

ol number 7
01-07-2010, 11:56 PM
Meh! Due to the number of vials of blood required for Olympic style testing which could possible weaken boxer if tests are conducted the day of the fight, Mayweahter should only be able to demand an Olympic style drug test seven days before the fight and immediately after the fight.

Mayweather should "Man up" Everyone is beginning to see the real problem.
A big lump in his throat. If 25m won't clear that you are what they say you are. Call it Marv Levy "Chicken bleep".:D

ol number 7
01-08-2010, 12:01 AM
Don't talk **** about Mayweather.

Mannys got a lil some thin some thin for your boy. A skirt . Run Floyd run. That mean Mexican a bad mofo. Manny can smoke weed and whoop you with the blunt still burnin in his mouth.

Jason in LA
01-08-2010, 12:10 AM
Mannys got a lil some thin some thin for your boy. A skirt . Run Floyd run. That mean Mexican a bad mofo. Manny can smoke weed and whoop you with the blunt still burnin in his mouth.

:kiddingme

Rocket 7
01-08-2010, 12:17 AM

What the hell are you talking about?

broncocalijohn
01-08-2010, 01:22 AM
When did Manny become Mexican?

DivineLegion
01-08-2010, 03:46 AM
You only need about 5mL to perform these tests, I do tests like this every day and to be honest 5 is a generous amount. This is BS, the dude knows he cant pass the test that's why he's coping out on the fight.

Dr. Broncenstein
01-08-2010, 04:17 AM
I'm trying to think of things I care less about than pro boxing. I can't come up with anything.

oubronco
01-08-2010, 06:47 AM
Pacquiao would beat Mayweaters ass thats why they are running scared from the richest fight in boxing history

kappys
01-08-2010, 06:49 AM
I'm trying to think of things I care less about than pro boxing. I can't come up with anything.

Pro Bowling?

missingnumber7
01-08-2010, 07:16 AM

World Cup 2010?

ColoradoDarin
01-08-2010, 07:25 AM

So you're a fan of competitive ballroom dancing? Nice.

jhat01
01-08-2010, 07:36 AM
If "pretty boy" was worried about performance enhancing, you'd think the option of doing all the tests right after the fight would work for him. I tend to lean towards him not wanting his pretty face to be bashed in.

rastaman
01-08-2010, 07:42 AM
World Cup 2010?

Pro Bowl...anyone???

no-pseudo-fan
01-08-2010, 07:44 AM

World Curling Championships

jhat01
01-08-2010, 07:45 AM
Pro Bowl...anyone???

No ****, I didn't really watch the Pro Bowl before and now w/out the players in the SB it becomes even more boring.

bpc
01-08-2010, 08:43 AM
I would love to see Manny knock this fool OUT.

BTW, he's Filipino. Keep it straight fella's.

oubronco
01-08-2010, 08:50 AM
Mayweather is qouted as saying "I want to fight Pacquiao"

Then do it and quit running like a biitch

Al Wilson
01-08-2010, 08:52 AM
Why is everyone hating on Floyd ? It's a simple blood test that Manny won't do, and that explains it all. If Manny is the best pound for pound then this blood test **** wouldn't even matter to him, but obviously he's trying to hide it. Floyd is better than this cheat.

oubronco
01-08-2010, 08:56 AM
Why is everyone hating on Floyd ? It's a simple blood test that Manny won't do, and that explains it all. If Manny is the best pound for pound then this blood test **** wouldn't even matter to him, but obviously he's trying to hide it. Floyd is better than this cheat.

He already did thats why Golden Boy is saying he was popped for drugs

KillerBronco#76
01-08-2010, 09:21 AM
How are people saying Mayweather doesn't want the fight? It is obvious Manny is the one running from the fight... All ive heard from Mayweather is he wants the fight. Mayweather wants testing 2 days before the fight and Manny wants it 30 days before. Mayweather offered 14 day before which would meet in the middle but Manny wouldn't take it. Blood testing is the only way to find HGH...

Garcia Bronco
01-08-2010, 09:27 AM
LOL....boxing

Maximus
01-08-2010, 09:44 AM
It's apparent to me that Pacquiao is scared to do the testing because of the possible results. Sure most want Pacquiao to beat Mayweather because of his personality... but, wanting and being realistic are two completely different things.

Mayweather will shut him out and beat him down. Pacquiao is taylor made for Mayweather... A left handed fighter who throws a backhanded lazy jab against a fighter with a great left hook... the killer is when fighting a lefty to throw the strait right... who throws the strait right better than Mayweather??? Want to talk defensive skills, we know what floyd brings to the table... You cant hit him!

azbroncfan
01-08-2010, 09:51 AM

Why do people keep saying Floyd is dodging a mexican? Who is the Mexican?

bronco_diesel
01-08-2010, 10:55 AM
According to Pacquiao:

"I am still willing to fight Floyd Mayweather Jr. I never said the fight was off or I do not want to fight him. I will fight anyone at anytime and my record and past fights prove that. I have never and will never dodge anyone. These are my specifications for this fight regarding blood testing. I have offered to give a blood sample the day of the announcement of the fight at the (press conference). I have offered to give a blood sample 30 days before the fight. I am willing to give blood immediately after the fight is over inside my dressing room . I am also willing to give urine tests at anytime, anywhere, every day leading up to the fight."

-personally I was thinking Pacquiao had something to hide - but if he is willing to test immediatly after the fight, what is wrong with that? (I really don't know - it's an honest question. It seems to reason to me, that if he was doping up to 3 days before, it would show in a test on the day of)

rastaman
01-08-2010, 10:56 AM

You guys are missing the point of this method of drug testing. Pac man doesnt want to say yes because he then gives them the ability to take blood everyday until the minute before the fight. He agreed to 3 test, one in Jan, one 14days prior and one directly after the fight and as many urine tests as they want.

Im not sure how many have been following the lead up to this, but it seems like Mayweather is really being a pre-madonna about everything. First he did not want to fight at 145 and wanted to fight at 147, Pac man said OK. Next he wanted the different gloves, So Pac man said yes. Now there is this demand,,, I just dont get it? Trianers dont even let fighter have sex a month before fights!

rastaman
01-08-2010, 10:59 AM
It's apparent to me that Pacquiao is scared to do the testing because of the possible results. Sure most want Pacquiao to beat Mayweather because of his personality... but, wanting and being realistic are two completely different things.

Mayweather will shut him out and beat him down. Pacquiao is taylor made for Mayweather... A left handed fighter who throws a backhanded lazy jab against a fighter with a great left hook... the killer is when fighting a lefty to throw the strait right... who throws the strait right better than Mayweather??? Want to talk defensive skills, we know what floyd brings to the table... You cant hit him!

Before you start hating Pacquaio please consider the following points:

1. Pacquiao has never failed any kind of drug tests.

2. Pacquiao has complied to all regulations the Nevada Athletic Commission required.

3. Mayweather never had the intention to fight Pacquiao. He knew that Pacman will refuse any drug test that will be taken within close proximity of the fight night. Remember Mosley? Cotto? Mayweather also accused those two of using illegal enhancing drugs.

4. Pacquiao has agreed for a blood test as long as not within days of the fight. He however, acquiesced for a urine test before and a blood test immediately after the fight night. In addition, he also agreed to take further test days following the fight if the Nevada athletic commission deemed it necessary.

Is that not sufficient to ensure a fair match?

5. Now ask yourselves this question which the Mayweathers are too ignorant to ask themselves:

What is the difference of taking the blood test 24 hours (which the Mayweathers keep insisting) before the fight and 1 SECOND after the fight??

rastaman
01-08-2010, 11:06 AM
How are people saying Mayweather doesn't want the fight? It is obvious Manny is the one running from the fight... All ive heard from Mayweather is he wants the fight. Mayweather wants testing 2 days before the fight and Manny wants it 30 days before. Mayweather offered 14 day before which would meet in the middle but Manny wouldn't take it. Blood testing is the only way to find HGH...

Manny has agreed to testing 30 days prior the fight, the day after, as well as another date. His sticking point with random testing is that it may ask for a blood test only a few days before the fight which can make him feel weaker so close to the fight. I believe the Olympic PED test requires at minimum 6 vials of blood.

Besides, two years ago they used urine test to measure how much HGH can be found in the human body.

Scientists say breakthrough urine test for HGH developed:
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/2008-07-22-hgh-urine-test_N.htm

It seems that 14-15 days would be alright, but 1-10 days is unreasonable for a fight, getting a needle stuck on someone's arm causes it to be sore, especially if not done correctly, and if he has mental issues because of it, well I can understand that too. There are people that would rather get stabbed than poked by a needle.

Why am I not hearing about testing on Floyd? This sounds to be one sided. For the sake of fairness, where is the demand for Floyd to take the same tests at the same random dates as Pacquiao? Fair is fair.

broncofan7
01-08-2010, 11:07 AM

Umm..Paq is NOT MEXICAN. Phillipino I believe

Lolad
01-08-2010, 11:51 AM
Manny has agreed to testing 30 days prior the fight, the day after, as well as another date. His sticking point with random testing is that it may ask for a blood test only a few days before the fight which can make him feel weaker so close to the fight. I believe the Olympic PED test requires at minimum 6 vials of blood.

Besides, two years ago they used urine test to measure how much HGH can be found in the human body.

Scientists say breakthrough urine test for HGH developed:
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/2008-07-22-hgh-urine-test_N.htm

It seems that 14-15 days would be alright, but 1-10 days is unreasonable for a fight, getting a needle stuck on someone's arm causes it to be sore, especially if not done correctly, and if he has mental issues because of it, well I can understand that too. There are people that would rather get stabbed than poked by a needle.

Why am I not hearing about testing on Floyd? This sounds to be one sided. For the sake of fairness, where is the demand for Floyd to take the same tests at the same random dates as Pacquiao? Fair is fair.

NO.. You are wrong, Floyd said he would agree to 14 days before the fight and right after the fight. Pacquia wants to do it 30 days before the fight and right after.

Giving 5cc's of blood does NOT make you weak! He's scared of Floyd! I guarantee a KO if this fight happens or even a TKO

broncocalijohn
01-08-2010, 11:52 AM

yes, i brought it up on the first page. Does that mean you can root for him? bf7 conflict if he was mexican. Do I root on the american that is black or the brownie from south of the border? Just f ing with ya. I am now thinking that Pac Man isnt being unreasonable with a test after the fight. 30/14/+1 hour sounds fair. One hell of a fight if they can get it on.

yavoon
01-08-2010, 11:54 AM
World Curling Championships

its chess on ice broseph.

bronco_diesel
01-08-2010, 12:06 PM

he's Filipino.

ant1999e
01-08-2010, 12:45 PM

He's Filipino dip ****.

CHANGSTER
01-08-2010, 03:33 PM
I cant believe theirs actually Mayweather fans in here. He's the megadouche of the boxing world.

If I'm not mistaken Pacquiao has been trying to make this fight happen for far longer than just after the Cotto fight.

Lolad
01-08-2010, 03:53 PM
I cant believe theirs actually Mayweather fans in here. He's the megadouche of the boxing world.

If I'm not mistaken Pacquiao has been trying to make this fight happen for far longer than just after the Cotto fight.

People on the Mane care far too much about a persons attitude. We want damn near cinderella's on our team hence the reason some want to get rid of Marshall and have a bunch of "good guys" on the team.

Mayweather can fight, his defensive boxing skills are up there with the greats of boxing. No matter what kind of BS he says he is still better and will show it if the fight happens

ant1999e
01-08-2010, 04:24 PM
People on the Mane care far too much about a persons attitude. We want damn near cinderella's on our team hence the reason some want to get rid of Marshall and have a bunch of "good guys" on the team.

Mayweather can fight, his defensive boxing skills are up there with the greats of boxing. No matter what kind of BS he says he is still better and will show it if the fight happens

You can choose between the Redskins or Raiders.

slyinky
01-08-2010, 07:26 PM
Pacquiao has agreed to fight Joshua Clottey on March 13 instead.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=4808708

Bronx33
01-08-2010, 07:28 PM
That perfectly identifies Mayweather. Nothing but a chicken **** punk.

well said.

rastaman
01-08-2010, 07:33 PM
NO.. You are wrong, Floyd said he would agree to 14 days before the fight and right after the fight. Pacquia wants to do it 30 days before the fight and right after.

Giving 5cc's of blood does NOT make you weak! He's scared of Floyd! I guarantee a KO if this fight happens or even a TKO

So why not use a less invasive procedure/method by taking urine samples thru the training camp and then take the 5cc's immediately after the fight? After all, both fighters can provide urine samples everyday and even on the day of fight?

You can test for HGH by examining the urine just as well as you can with collecting blood to measure HGH. So why won't Mayweather agree to this format?

I think its Floyd who is the Bull shiater here.

Maximus
01-09-2010, 09:58 AM
Before you start hating Pacquaio please consider the following points:

1. Pacquiao has never failed any kind of drug tests.

2. Pacquiao has complied to all regulations the Nevada Athletic Commission required.

3. Mayweather never had the intention to fight Pacquiao. He knew that Pacman will refuse any drug test that will be taken within close proximity of the fight night. Remember Mosley? Cotto? Mayweather also accused those two of using illegal enhancing drugs.

4. Pacquiao has agreed for a blood test as long as not within days of the fight. He however, acquiesced for a urine test before and a blood test immediately after the fight night. In addition, he also agreed to take further test days following the fight if the Nevada athletic commission deemed it necessary.

Is that not sufficient to ensure a fair match?

5. Now ask yourselves this question which the Mayweathers are too ignorant to ask themselves:

What is the difference of taking the blood test 24 hours (which the Mayweathers keep insisting) before the fight and 1 SECOND after the fight??

LOL Hating on Paquiao... It's not hate its all about the styles. Just watch the fighters. As far as the testing goes, Pacquiao has never been tested under olympic standards a simple urine test does not detect all performance enhancing drugs.

Pacquiao is acting like they are going to take quarts of blood and he's going to be weakened... I guess he has the same theory as Marquez who somehow thought drinking his own urine would turn him into superman! So, he needs to make up his mind is it the blood or is he afraid of needles. The latter is crazy because boxers deal with needles all the time.

The fact that a fighter of Mosley's stature was busted for PED's enhances Mayweathers position. Using the excuse that Mayweather knew pacquiao would balk at the testing is pure speculation. If he had nothing to hide all he had to do is submit his blood either 30 days before or 14 like mayweather suggested along with a random screening. Why not do that? I'd be willing to bet that Pacquiao would make an excuse against a hair follicle test too! I'm like sampson my strength is in my hair!

As for #5... EPO and other PED's could be out of his system 24 hours before a fight... Should I assume that you have never heard of athletes cycling their PED's so that they are clean?

The truth is Pacquiao is out matched and is looking for a way out, not Mayweather.

TDmvp
01-09-2010, 10:30 AM
Mayweather is trash and below Manny.

Mayweather is a hype machine who ducks anyone who he thinks may actually beat him , hence why he took such a pushover fight as his last fight.
He should go back and hang out in the WWE wrestling where I don't have to here about his stupid @$$...

Mayweather is a typical Pos from the way he treats people during interviews to his fake @$$ gangster bit , Ooooo he's so edgy making it rain. A real OG would wipe his @$$ with Mayweather and keep on walking.

If you put him vs the talent in his weight classes 15-20 years ago he is just average.
Looking at his record he has like 0 mega wins over hof fighters and no beating Oscar Delaoverrated don't count.

El Minion
05-16-2012, 02:30 PM
Not helping Pacman, CA, NV, NY & NJ may not assist or block in hosting "Chickenshít" Mayweather v. Pacquiao title bout. Though politicizing before the November election would be marketing genius and perfect for homophobic Texas to host @ cowboy stadium if they can ever get this fight done already for the love Muhammad (Ali)!!!!!:

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Nike-Endorsed Boxer Says Same-Sex Couples Violate ‘God’s Law’ (http://thinkprogress.org/lgbt/2012/05/16/484975/manny-pacquiao-marriage/)

By Zack Ford (http://thinkprogress.org/author/zford/) on May 16, 2012 at 10:01 am

http://thinkprogress.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Drop-Manny-Pacquiao.jpg

World-famous Nike-endorsed boxer Manny Pacquiao (http://blogs.laweekly.com/informer/2012/05/manny_pacquiao_gays_put_to_death.php) recently spoke out against marriage equality, suggesting same-sex couples are violating God’s law:
PACQUIAO: God’s words first … obey God’s law first before considering the laws of man. God only expects man and woman to be together and to be legally married, only if they so are in love with each other. It should not be of the same sex so as to adulterate the altar of matrimony, like in the days of Sodom and Gomorrah of Old.
Pacquiao’s comments imply the annihilation of gays and lesbians, putting him in stark contrast with his primary sponsor, Nike. Not only does Nike have a 100 percent score on HRC’s Corporate Equality Index (http://www.hrc.org/resources/entry/corporate-equality-index-2011), but it has also been a vocal (http://thinkprogress.org/lgbt/2012/01/19/407369/microsoft-nike-and-others-endorse-washington-marriage-equality/) advocate (http://thinkprogress.org/lgbt/2011/11/03/360937/70-corporations-come-out-against-defense-of-marriage-act/) for marriage equality. The Courage Campaign has now launched a petition calling on Nike to drop Manny Pacquiao for his offensive remarks, urging the company not to let its pro-equality reputation be tarnished by such a negative role model.

The story of Sodom and Gomorrah is often cited to condemn homosexuality, because in it, God destroyed the two towns after its citizens attempted to gang rape two male visitors who turned out to be angels — though little in the story resembles modern-day understandings of same-sex orientations or relationships. In his Examiner story (http://www.examiner.com/article/pacquiao-rejects-counsels-obama-god-s-words-first) about Pacquiao’s comments, journalist Granville Ampong also invoked Leviticus 20:13, which calls for men who lie with men to be put to death, confusing other outlets (http://blogs.laweekly.com/informer/2012/05/manny_pacquiao_gays_put_to_death.php) to believe Pacquiao had quoted it himself. Ampong has since clarified that he added the verse (http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/sports/05/16/12/scribe-owns-pacquiao%E2%80%99s-%E2%80%98anti-gay-remark%E2%80%99) himself because of his own desire to emphasize his view of the Bible’s anti-gay perspective.

Lestat
05-16-2012, 02:36 PM
stupid of him to say in terms of the fact that he likely has many gay or pro gay fans.
but in religion you sometimes have to speak up when you feel something cherished is threatened.

i find myself caring less and less whether they allow gay marriage or not. the sanctity of it is seemingly broken too often nowadays and you can get married one hour and then divorced the next.

it just doesn't seem to be special anymore.

underrated29
05-16-2012, 03:22 PM
doubtful pac would get worked over. He is so fast. SOOOOOfast, and he throws like 1500 punches a fight. That is INSANE! Mays is solid and good D and has the Power, but my god. 1500 punches....yeah.....It would be the ultimate fight. I would side with pac man if this were to happen.

McDman
05-16-2012, 03:33 PM
I'd like Pac to win but I think Mayweather would take him.

Chris
05-16-2012, 03:42 PM
Manny is from Manila

in Mexico

yerner
05-16-2012, 05:09 PM
I'd like Pac to win but I think Mayweather would take him.

And by take him you mean dodge punches with a shoulder roll and win a boring decision... awesome. those dudes are so ****ing overpaid.

peacepipe
05-16-2012, 05:26 PM
And by take him you mean dodge punches with a shoulder roll and win a boring decision... awesome. those dudes are so ****ing overpaid.they're the ones in the ring. it isn't as if they are working for someone. no one is paying to see the trainers.

Bmore Manning
05-16-2012, 05:41 PM
No matter who you like, who you think is better. They are not going to fight, the reason is simple..$.. Lots of money!

These are the two best fighters in all of boxing. Boxing is nowhere near what it used to be. After these two there is a serious drop off in talent. The UFC has taken over the fighting world, boxing is becoming a sport of the past.

If they were to fight, I think Floyd would retire, he has nothing left to prove. Same can be thought of Manny. Obviously the outcome may sway their decision more. But there is nothing behind these two or left in the sport for that matter.

If they have them fight other opponents people may still watch to hope they can slander opinion to favor their camp, after a controversial won, or a not as dominant performance. Mark my words this is all about a dying sport and too much money being at steak if they were to fight.

McDman
05-16-2012, 06:01 PM
And by take him you mean dodge punches with a shoulder roll and win a boring decision... awesome. those dudes are so ****ing overpaid.

Call it boring but the dude is unbeaten. It works.

McDman
05-16-2012, 06:02 PM
No matter who you like, who you think is better. They are not going to fight, the reason is simple..$.. Lots of money!

These are the two best fighters in all of boxing. Boxing is nowhere near what it used to be. After these two there is a serious drop off in talent. The UFC has taken over the fighting world, boxing is becoming a sport of the past.

If they were to fight, I think Floyd would retire, he has nothing left to prove. Same can be thought of Manny. Obviously the outcome may sway their decision more. But there is nothing behind these two or left in the sport for that matter.

If they have them fight other opponents people may still watch to hope they can slander opinion to favor their camp, after a controversial won, or a not as dominant performance. Mark my words this is all about a dying sport and too much money being at steak if they were to fight.

Mayweather won't go 50/50 on the money. He is a bitch.

Bmore Manning
05-16-2012, 06:06 PM
Mayweather won't go 50/50 on the money. He is a b****.

I think you missed what I said..

Lestat
05-16-2012, 06:19 PM
Boxing is a sport of the past. Floyd and Pac are the best two fighters in the world. the heavyweight division is a absolute joke.

once people began to realize that certain fights were fixed then the sport started to die down and as the heavyweight division lagged it just killed things. the best two heavyweights in the world are brothers and won't fight each other.

MMA is the dominant sport now and isn't going to die down anytime soon with the glut of talent they have all over the world. Jon Jones,GSP,BJ Penn,Dos Santos & etc.

Bmore Manning
05-16-2012, 06:23 PM
Boxing is a sport of the past. Floyd and Pac are the best two fighters in the world. the heavyweight division is a absolute joke.

once people began to realize that certain fights were fixed then the sport started to die down and as the heavyweight division lagged it just killed things. the best two heavyweights in the world are brothers and won't fight each other.

MMA is the dominant sport now and isn't going to die down anytime soon with the glut of talent they have all over the world. Jon Jones,GSP,BJ Penn,Dos Santos & etc.

You read my post huh :)

Lestat
05-16-2012, 06:24 PM
Mayweather won't go 50/50 on the money. He is a b****.

i wouldn't go 50/50 either. Floyd is the money maker in boxing and will always get the biggest purse.

i would love to see them fight and i think Floyd would win.
too smart, too skilled, he would put on a technical clinic. though ego might persuade him to attempt to knock Manny out, in which case he might get in trouble and risk getting knocked out himself.

Lestat
05-16-2012, 06:25 PM
You read my post huh :)

i improved it :sunshine:

oubronco
05-16-2012, 06:39 PM

Every fight being on Pay per view is what started killing boxing

Lestat
05-16-2012, 07:13 PM
Every fight being on Pay per view is what started killing boxing

that's true but realistically most combat sports don't do well on network tv.
Wrestling does horrible numbers, UFC doesn't really pull in solid numbers on Fox(then again, it's Fox), people really only care about NFL,NBA,MLB,NHL,Nascar,Golf,Tennis and Soccer.

without more talent and top draws the sport would still be lagging behind now on free tv.

rugbythug
05-16-2012, 07:18 PM
]i wouldn't go 50/50 either. Floyd is the money maker in boxing and will always get the biggest purse.
[/B]
i would love to see them fight and i think Floyd would win.
too smart, too skilled, he would put on a technical clinic. though ego might persuade him to attempt to knock Manny out, in which case he might get in trouble and risk getting knocked out himself.
Not True

http://www.boxingnews24.com/2012/01/pacquiao-tops-mayweather-in-ppv-buys-for-last-three-fights/

Willynowei
05-16-2012, 07:21 PM
This is all a ploy to make money, they just want to push the fight back to the last possible second so the two of them can just fight each other to finish their careers out. What's there left to do once they start fighting each other?

Man-Goblin
05-16-2012, 07:51 PM
This is all a ploy to make money, they just want to push the fight back to the last possible second so the two of them can just fight each other to finish their careers out. What's there left to do once they start fighting each other?

Fight each other again. And maybe even again. The amount of money they could make with a series of good fights would be ridiculous.

Lestat
05-16-2012, 07:58 PM
Not True

http://www.boxingnews24.com/2012/01/pacquiao-tops-mayweather-in-ppv-buys-for-last-three-fights/

yeah i've read that article. Floyd is his own promoter and his guarantees are insanely high. Floyd stood to make as much as 100 mil from the Cotto fight beyond just his guarantee. so any losses to Pac in PPV buys he makes up for in money that goes into his own pocket rather than forking over to Bob Arum.

broncocalijohn
05-16-2012, 10:16 PM
stupid of him to say in terms of the fact that he likely has many gay or pro gay fans.
but in religion you sometimes have to speak up when you feel something cherished is threatened.

i find myself caring less and less whether they allow gay marriage or not. the sanctity of it is seemingly broken too often nowadays and you can get married one hour and then divorced the next.

it just doesn't seem to be special anymore.

Yeah, there are just a ton of gay boxing fans...Who knew?
The only thing he did wrong here was criticize a group that is backed 100% by his sponsor. Not a very smart move or fair to put Nike in that spot.

Vegas_Bronco
05-16-2012, 11:12 PM
Boxers never strike me as luke warm...why hide how he feels...at least he has a pair instead of sucking societies lame excuse for a man sack. This world has some great idea that getting sponsors is the only thing that counts. Cant take all that treasure with you when you die. Why curse yourself from developing your full individuality?

Mountain Bronco
05-17-2012, 07:57 AM
I hope Floyd beats Manny's hatting ass.

Butterscotch Stallion
05-17-2012, 01:29 PM
I hope Floyd beats Manny's hatting ass.

Yeah, I hate hatters. I mean, what's wrong with a beanie? Also, Mayweather is the Maven of boxing. He will disappear like a girl when cornered.

gunns
05-17-2012, 06:32 PM
Yeah, I hate hatters. I mean, what's wrong with a beanie? Also, Mayweather is the Maven of boxing. He will disappear like a girl when cornered.

Yep, I would love to see Pac beat the **** out of him and while doing it, corner him. Hell, I'd love to see anyone do that to him.

ludo21
05-18-2012, 04:09 PM
but Floyd does manage to talk smack about Pacquaios comments on same sex marriage (he opposes).....

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/more-sports/boxer-manny-pacquiao-same-sex-marriage-president-obama-supports-article-1.1079041