PDA

View Full Version : NFL Standings for the Decade

TDmvp
01-07-2010, 03:46 PM
http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/01/07/nfl-standings-for-the-decade-colts-patriots-are-the-best-lion/

Bronco LB52
01-07-2010, 03:51 PM
That record is a reflection of the stability Shanahan brought to this franchise that has been taken for granted by some.

On the flip side, it's sad to see that the Broncos performed that well and have only one division title to show for it:(

Captain 'Dre
01-07-2010, 04:39 PM
Are we supposed to feel better because the Broncos have the best AFC West record of the decade?!?

To me, it just makes it more embarrassing that these past two seasons have seen the team fall into an abyss.

HAT
01-07-2010, 05:10 PM
That record is a reflection of the stability Shanahan brought to this franchise that has been taken for granted by some.

It's roughly a 9-7 average.

ayjackson
01-07-2010, 06:12 PM
I can see having a season once in a while where you win just 25% of your games, but to sustain that futility over a decade is unfathomable. Congratulation Detroit.

BroncoSojia
01-07-2010, 06:15 PM
I can see having a season once in a while where you win just 25% of your games, but to sustain that futility over a decade is unfathomable. Congratulation Matt Millen.

Fixed

Pendejo
01-08-2010, 09:22 PM

On the flip side, it's sad to see that the Broncos performed that well and have only one division title to show for it:(

The problem was that the Rat never blew the thing up, and rebuilt it. He started to, but it was too late I guess. They made the playoffs a lot...which is a testament to his coaching ability, but they were always just a tad above mediocre talent wise. You look at the team that went to the AFC championship game in '05-'06, and it's unreal. There really wasn't a lot there.

He did miss big on a couple of very high priced defensive free agents that hurt, and several of his drafts were sub-par. I will never have a bad word to say about the Rat though. He brought two championships to the Broncos. He can cheat with the best of them, and he's a fantastic football coach. A real pro.

He'll have a lot of success in Washington.

Jason in LA
01-08-2010, 10:19 PM
It's roughly a 9-7 average.

Which is good for 5th best over the decade.

HAT
01-08-2010, 10:27 PM
Which is good for 5th best over the decade.

Yup...Parity sucks.

ayjackson
01-09-2010, 09:11 AM
Fixed

I thought about saying that actually. But despite best efforts (not drafting a wide receiver in the top 10), they still sucked.

Detriot has their trips in CJohnson, KSmith and MStafford. Now they have to keep building the lines. Surely at some point their luck will turn??

barryr
01-09-2010, 12:41 PM
Too bad they didn't post the number of playoff wins. 1 playoff win for the Broncos during that decade, but for the ones missing Shanahan so much, apparently that was good enough.