PDA

View Full Version : Here is the current Broncos QB who should be starting next year

Pontius Pirate
01-07-2010, 01:35 PM

broncocalijohn
01-07-2010, 01:36 PM
Begins with a K and last name starts with an O .

gtown
01-07-2010, 01:40 PM
Who is gonna come in here and start over Kyle? He is the cream of the FA crap, and we are not in a position to draft Clausen or Bradford. Simms should be unemployed, and Brandstater looked rough against 3rd teamers in the preseason IMO.

Maybe Jason Campbell? How about Bradlee Van Pelt? Maybe the Bears wise up and cut Frown Cannon?

vancejohnson82
01-07-2010, 01:42 PM
why are people still talking about Clausen...

please NO....i swear, ive loved the direction this team has been headed in this past year but if we draft Clausen you are going to see some BroncoFan7 type posts from me

missingnumber7
01-07-2010, 01:43 PM
Dear God no more Tom B threads.

Lolad
01-07-2010, 01:44 PM
Who is gonna come in here and start over Kyle? He is the cream of the FA crap, and we are not in a position to draft Clausen or Bradford. Simms should be unemployed, and Brandstater looked rough against 3rd teamers in the preseason IMO.

Maybe Jason Campbell? How about Bradlee Van Pelt? Maybe the Bears wise up and cut Frown Cannon?

how are we not in position? Bradford will drop I guarantee late 1st or early 2nd round. Might even fall as far back as the 3rd round because his injury might scare teams.

Still I think he would most likely sit anyway for a year behind Orton. Even though I don't like it he gives us our best chance to win IF Brandstater can't beat him out this offseason

TonyR
01-07-2010, 01:45 PM
I still wonder whether or not Brady Quinn is a remote possibility. Remember that McD tried to get him at some point in the offseason, offering a first day pick according to reports. But with Holmgren in Cleveland now it's even cloudier what direction they might go.

gtown
01-07-2010, 01:56 PM
how are we not in position? Bradford will drop I guarantee late 1st or early 2nd round. Might even fall as far back as the 3rd round because his injury might scare teams.

Still I think he would most likely sit anyway for a year behind Orton. Even though I don't like it he gives us our best chance to win IF Brandstater can't beat him out this offseason

I think the Skins take Bradford if he is not damaged goods after his surgery. Dr. James Andrews who fixed Bradford works for the Skins, so they get the insider info on him.

ScottXray
01-07-2010, 02:10 PM
I think the Skins take Bradford if he is not damaged goods after his surgery. Dr. James Andrews who fixed Bradford works for the Skins, so they get the insider info on him.

And Shanahan never met an injury he wasn't willing to gamble on.

gunns
01-07-2010, 02:26 PM
As much as I don't want to have Orton starting for us next year, it's a reality, whether we get a QB or not. And I cannot see McD going for a QB when he got Tom B last year. I also don't see a QB worth taking this year. Of course I didn't think Stafford would be any good either but then again almost anyone is an upgrade for Detroit. I just want to put some studs on the OL, DL.

Ambiguous
01-07-2010, 02:32 PM
Dear God no more Tom B threads.

This.

I loved how people were pining for Simms, then when he turned out to be a disaster the started to scream for Brandstater to start... Like McDaniels does his depth chart in reverse or something.

ColoradoDarin
01-07-2010, 02:33 PM
Here are the better free agent QB options than Kyle Orton:

Doggcow
01-07-2010, 02:53 PM
http://16thandhighland.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/teblow2.jpg

ward63
01-07-2010, 02:53 PM
Colt McCoy in the second

HILife
01-07-2010, 03:03 PM
why are people still talking about Clausen...

please NO....i swear, ive loved the direction this team has been headed in this past year but if we draft Clausen you are going to see some BroncoFan7 type posts from me

Bring it, I'll have iggy ready. :)

Requiem
01-07-2010, 03:07 PM
Until we can come up with a better option, it's Kyle Orton, although I don't believe he'll lead us anywhere promising. We will need a better line for him and some help elsewhere. We are a ways away from promise. Getting one new player, whether it is a QB or an elite DT won't matter. Team sport. We need players who buy into a team first mentality and will do what it takes to win. I was impressed with Orton, (at times) for what he was able to get done this year, and frustrated with what he couldn't do.

Northman
01-07-2010, 03:14 PM
Currently sitting behind Flacco.

http://erikkowalker.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/john-beck.jpg

Beantown Bronco
01-07-2010, 03:15 PM
People are really struggling with the title of the thread......

Hamrob
01-07-2010, 03:16 PM
I have watched quite a bit of tape on Mallet and that kid probably has the most talent at the QB position in the draft. I think he goes top 10 or near there. Interesting.

Steve Prefontaine
01-07-2010, 03:17 PM

haha. Beat me to it.

Pony Boy
01-07-2010, 03:22 PM
Bradford will drop I guarantee late 1st or early 2nd round. Might even fall as far back as the 3rd round because his injury might scare teams.

Does your mamma let you cross the street by yourself...... that has has got dumb ass written all over it.....

jhns
01-07-2010, 03:32 PM

More like you are struggling to figure out what the original poster is saying. Otherwise I don't get what you are talking about.

Jekyll15Hyde
01-07-2010, 05:01 PM
As much as I don't want to have Orton starting for us next year, it's a reality, whether we get a QB or not. And I cannot see McD going for a QB when he got Tom B last year. I also don't see a QB worth taking this year. Of course I didn't think Stafford would be any good either but then again almost anyone is an upgrade for Detroit. I just want to put some studs on the OL, DL.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU :afro:

rastaman
01-07-2010, 05:10 PM
Begins with a K and last name starts with an O .

We aren't going to the post season or winning any playoff games while Kyle Orton as our starting QB.

rastaman
01-07-2010, 05:14 PM
Until we can come up with a better option, it's Kyle Orton, although I don't believe he'll lead us anywhere promising. We will need a better line for him and some help elsewhere. We are a ways away from promise. Getting one new player, whether it is a QB or an elite DT won't matter. Team sport. We need players who buy into a team first mentality and will do what it takes to win. I was impressed with Orton, (at times) for what he was able to get done this year, and frustrated with what he couldn't do.

Well McD only has 3 years left to bring the Broncos back to post season play. The Clock is ticking.

521 1N5
01-07-2010, 06:39 PM

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Gc65NC44dSk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Gc65NC44dSk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

DenverBrit
01-07-2010, 07:30 PM

Hilarious!

BroncoMan4ever
01-08-2010, 12:29 AM
I still wonder whether or not Brady Quinn is a remote possibility. Remember that McD tried to get him at some point in the offseason, offering a first day pick according to reports. But with Holmgren in Cleveland now it's even cloudier what direction they might go.

i think the simple fact that Holmgren isn't even interested in making the lone bright spot of that team happy (Cribbs) means that if offered enough, any player on that team is available.

i am of the belief they will be a team going after one of the top QBs in this draft and Anderson and Quinn will be available.

i say offer a conditional 4th for Quinn that turns into a 3rd or 2nd at most depending on playing time and stats and they will jump at the offer.

truthfully, seeing as we have no chance of keeping Marshall in Denver, i say we trade him to Cleveland for something like Cribbs and Quinn.

we get rid of a headache, and gain a bonafide badass return man/offensive weapon and a potential QBOTF for the franchise. Cleveland gets rid of a guy who is becoming a headache for them as well as Quinn who will always be a distraction to that franchise as long as he is not starting, while gaining a top 5 receiver. it is win win for both sides in that trade.

Clockwork Orange
01-08-2010, 12:43 AM
And Shanahan never met an injury he wasn't willing to gamble on.

Except Willie Roaf. :moody:

BroncoMan4ever
01-08-2010, 12:51 AM

i agree that he seems the most likely for a fall down draft boards. how many teams would seriously be in the gambling mood of taking a guy top 10 that is going to command as much as 50 million guaranteed, with injury history on his throwing shoulder? the guy made a major mistake coming back to college 1 more year. he is going to drop down the draft boards. what was once a potential number 1 overall selection is now at best a late 1st rounder.

BroncoMan4ever
01-08-2010, 01:06 AM

i truly would not be upset about this pick.

he may not be the most polished QB in this draft, but just look at his Sugar Bowl performance. when it looked like things would be rough he went out and had the game of his college career. distractions of his coach's leaving the program, his final game in college, redemption for the loss to Alabama a month earlier, and not only did he go out and play well but he domnated.

give the guy some coaching and the right situation where he can learn for a season or 2, and i have no doubt he will be the best QB out of this upcoming draft class.