PDA

View Full Version : Is next year our year?

bloodsunday
01-07-2010, 07:22 AM
http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/15831/afc-east-2010-schedules-not-so-tough

According to ESPN stats, we have the 24th ranked (9th easiest) schedule in the league.

cousinal11
01-07-2010, 07:28 AM
Probably because we are playing the NFC West and play in the AFC West.

Other than that, I thought our schedule was pretty damn tough.

cmhargrove
01-07-2010, 07:33 AM
I think the only history we have to go by is that our offseason won't be boring, and the staff will do about everything they can to make the team better.

But, this team is loaded with drama, and there's going to be plenty of that this offseason as well.

Way too early for this discussion.

supermanhr9
01-07-2010, 08:06 AM
I''m excited for all that is too come. Especially because I heard a rumor Mustard is visiting Dove Valley?

montrose
01-07-2010, 08:30 AM
I really don't think these strength of schedule rankings mean a ton. That's what everybody was fretting about for this season and the team ended the year with wins over Dallas, New England and San Diego and losses to Washington, Oakland and Kansas City.

fontaine
01-07-2010, 08:44 AM
No, I think the team is still at least two years away and that's IF we resign the younger talented players who'll be FAs soon like Doom, Marshall, Kupe etc.

We're still short three players along the trenches. A solid C and two difference makers along the DL. You don't get that in one offseason with a FA class that's as weak as watered down kool aid.

McD has done some good things so far but ultimately it all comes down the draft. Draft well, especially with the multiple 1st/2nd round picks he's had since last year and going forward then we've got a shot. If not, then it'll be the same old story as with Shanahan in his final years.

Rabb
01-07-2010, 08:51 AM
I will give my opinion after the draft/free agency/trading period

we have a lot of work to do

broncosteven
01-07-2010, 01:10 PM
No, I think the team is still at least two years away and that's IF we resign the younger talented players who'll be FAs soon like Doom, Marshall, Kupe etc.

We're still short three players along the trenches. A solid C and two difference makers along the DL. You don't get that in one offseason with a FA class that's as weak as watered down kool aid.

McD has done some good things so far but ultimately it all comes down the draft. Draft well, especially with the multiple 1st/2nd round picks he's had since last year and going forward then we've got a shot. If not, then it'll be the same old story as with Shanahan in his final years.

I agree, it is going to take McDaniels a couple years to bring all of "His" guys in and another couple to hit on some playmakers that can replace the plays Marshall was capable of.

I think next year will be brutal but year 3 he might have everything in place. By then he shouldn't have any excuses.

ward63
01-07-2010, 01:16 PM
I can't figure out how the Chargers finish with a better record than us and have an easier schedule...

broncosteven
01-07-2010, 01:20 PM
I can't figure out how the Chargers finish with a better record than us and have an easier schedule...

They have to play us twice. Plus since they are still playing don't they seed teams based on their playoff performance? I think Chuggers will get at least one more winning team than we will. We are stuck in mediocrity.

Pontius Pirate
01-07-2010, 01:27 PM
No

bpc
01-07-2010, 01:34 PM
The schedule next season is the easiest it could be out of the NFL right now. NFC West paired with the AFC West... if McDaniels can't make it to the playoffs next year in the 2nd year of his system going in, I won't find much inspiration that he'll do it in year 3 vs. the NFC North along with having to round robin the AFC East.

Then again, it's going to come down to who our QB is as well.

gtown
01-07-2010, 01:35 PM
Couple more years. We need help in the trenches and I don't think we are gonna win the Super Bowl with Orton. So we need a better Oline, a few more difference makers in the trenches, a franchise QB, a few surprise contributors, and possibly an old vet like a Neil Smith to top it all off. That will take a few years.

ScottXray
01-07-2010, 01:46 PM

+1 We will be better next year, but need too many pieces to go far.

worm
01-07-2010, 01:49 PM
I would hope 'our year' would have more to do with who we are, than who we play.

vancejohnson82
01-07-2010, 01:51 PM
I just hope its my year

JCMElway
01-07-2010, 03:28 PM
I just hope its my year

Nah, you'll get your a$$ handed to you in Survivor yet again. :wave:

Requiem
01-07-2010, 03:31 PM
Any given Sunday. That is why the Broncos are sitting at home on their asses while others prepare for the playoffs. I'll never say, "This is the year." or even consider such, given the implosion we displayed this year. Awful, pathetic and disheartening. Hopefully next year is the year we can actually make the playoffs, instead of a fifth year of being shut out in the cold.

NFLBRONCO
01-07-2010, 03:51 PM
IF we actually build up both lines playoffs yes but, if not NO.

broncosteven
01-07-2010, 03:58 PM
I would hope 'our year' would have more to do with who we are, than who we play.

I was hoping for that this year but that didn't happen despite the changes, still faded when it counted.

kmartin575
01-07-2010, 04:14 PM
All an easier schedule will do is possibly make it easier to get to the playoffs. But come playoff time your still playing the same big boys. No offense but I doubt you guys are overtaking San Diego for the division so your playing on the road in the playoffs. If your team isn't good enough then you won't make it very far. Easy schedule can only get you so far.

NYBronco
01-07-2010, 05:23 PM
I''m excited for all that is too come. Especially because I heard a rumor Mustard is visiting Dove Valley?

Soon to be a regular in Snyderville.