PDA

View Full Version : Now that Shanny's in Washington, predict which Bronco players he may go after

broncofan7
01-06-2010, 09:09 AM
I say Ben Hamilton...their O line is HORRID, McGenius doesn't like undersized linemen--match made in heaven--get er' done Josh.

Initially I thought Scheffler too--but Cooley is well established and Fred Davis really came on at the TE position.

At WR--they have Moss, Randle El, Devin Thomas and Malcolm Kelly--I don't think they really need a BMarsh...........

PRBronco
01-06-2010, 09:11 AM
**** I hope he wants Wiegmann.

Actually it'd be nice if Hamilton went there and got another year or two, I'd hate to see his career end on a sour note like this.

Rulon Velvet Jones
01-06-2010, 09:12 AM
He wasn't the biggest Marshall fan near the end.

I'm not sure who he might take that would be available. No QBs, none of the RBs are his, no to Marshall, doesn't need a TE, not getting Champ or Clady.

If anything, I think he'll end up with more of the Denver coaches than players.

Traveler
01-06-2010, 09:13 AM
Kuper.

The Joker
01-06-2010, 09:14 AM
Hamilton is a FA, it'll be no surprise to see him make his way to the Skins if that happens.

I don't see him targetting many of our guys in all honesty, the ones he'd probably want are guys we probably won't have any interest in trading. Maybe Hillis, hard to say though.

Dennison will probably go, he seems best suited for a team running the ZBS exclusively.

I hope we keep Bobby Turner though.

tsiguy96
01-06-2010, 09:16 AM
raandle el is gone, they dont have a legit #1 besides maybe cooley.

jmz313
01-06-2010, 09:18 AM
Nate Jackson will def get back in the league.

Hamrob
01-06-2010, 09:22 AM
I heard that he's contacted Chad Mustard already!

meangene
01-06-2010, 09:22 AM
Hillis

55CrushEm
01-06-2010, 09:24 AM
Nate Jackson will def get back in the league.

:rofl:

meangene
01-06-2010, 09:27 AM
Hamilton is a FA, it'll be no surprise to see him make his way to the Skins if that happens.

I don't see him targetting many of our guys in all honesty, the ones he'd probably want are guys we probably won't have any interest in trading. Maybe Hillis, hard to say though.

Dennison will probably go, he seems best suited for a team running the ZBS exclusively.

I hope we keep Bobby Turner though.

I think Dennison goes to the Texans as OC when Shanahan goes to Washington to coach with his dad. Dennison just doesn't fit our new blocking scheme at all and he ends up with a promotion. Otherwise, I could see him getting fired in Denver. Agree on Turner!

gyldenlove
01-06-2010, 09:44 AM
Hamilton could definitely get a job showing some new blocking techniques to the Skins.

Moss is still decent, he just needs an actual QB to throw him the ball. They have a couple of young guys with some talent but who could really use an offensive coach with some clue and a QB to help their development along.

I am not sure who Shanny might make a play for, I don't think he is going to attempt to really trade for anyone other than someone with low value like Hillis or maybe Woodyard.

HorseHead
01-06-2010, 09:56 AM
McGriff...

TheDave
01-06-2010, 10:00 AM
Dennison and Turner... Yeah I know they aren't players but they are the only ones he can touch that are under contract with us.

If he grabs one of our players it's cause either we already released them or we didn't want to match the offer.

ant1999e
01-06-2010, 10:03 AM
Hillis

Maybe we could get their first round pick for Hillis? He's well worth it.

missingnumber7
I heard that he's contacted Chad Mustard already!

Rumor is that they have developed the first alternating week contract and that Mustard is only signed for odd numbered weeks for the 2010 season and even numbered weeks for 2011.

cutthemdown
What happens to Portis?

bowtown
01-06-2010, 10:07 AM
Dennison and Turner... Yeah I know they aren't players but they are the only ones he can touch that are under contract with us.

If he grabs one of our players it's cause either we already released them or we didn't want to match the offer.

I think Turner stays. He seems like a guy who like what he does and doesn't particualty want to change the life he has set up in Denver... pure specualtion on my part. And I agree with above posters that I think Dennison will go be the OC in Houston. He and Kubes will work together on the game plans. I'll miss Dennison, but I think it's probably time for him to move on. He's a great ZBS coach and he should be on a team that wants to employ that. Is Gibbs still on staff in Houston? That would be anotther great reason for them to bring in Dennison and repartner him with his mentor.

bowtown
01-06-2010, 10:07 AM
What happens to Portis?

retires.

TheDave
01-06-2010, 10:09 AM
I think Turner stays. He seems like a guy who like what he does and doesn't particualty want to change the life he has set up in Denver... pure specualtion on my part. And I agree with above posters that I think Dennison will go be the OC in Houston. He and Kubes will work together on the game plans. I'll miss Dennison, but I think it's probably time for him to move on. He's a great ZBS coach and he should be on a team that wants to employ that. Is Gibbs still on staff in Houston? That would be antother great reason for them to bring in Dennison and repartner him with his mentor.

With Snyder money behind him... I think Shanny will get any coach he wants. Like you said, pure speculation on my part.

But I could definitely see some big checks being written.

bloodsunday
01-06-2010, 10:27 AM
Peyton Hillis

supermanhr9
01-06-2010, 10:57 AM
At least Bowlen won't have to pay him another 7 million!

Pick Six
01-06-2010, 10:59 AM
At least Bowlen won't have to pay him another 7 million!

Just a portion of that salary for the next two years...which still makes me angry...:garcia:

BroncoLifer
01-06-2010, 11:01 AM
What happens to Portis?

Is he any good at running a cell phone kiosk?

WolfpackGuy
01-06-2010, 11:09 AM
Maybe he'll take Orton off the Broncos hands.

gtown
01-06-2010, 11:19 AM
Since Shanny is so good at screwing Dan Snyder, I could see him trading for Hamilton, Moss, Hillis, Scheff, and Weigmann. And I bet calls have already been placed to Willie Middlebrooks and Paul Toviessi, who are busboys at the Pizza Hut down the street from me.

bowtown
01-06-2010, 11:23 AM
Since Shanny is so good at screwing Dan Snyder, I could see him trading for Hamilton, Moss, Hillis, Scheff, and Weigmann. And I bet calls have already been placed to Willie Middlebrooks and Paul Toviessi, who are busboys at the Pizza Hut down the street from me.

He won't have to trade for Hamilton, he's a free agent.

Shanahan wants nothing to do with Moss. Neither does anyone else.

Maybe he throws us a 6th or 7th for Hillis.

He has no room on his roster for Scheffler.

I'd be shocked if Weigmann doesn't retire this offseason.

I think Middlebrooks and Nate Jackson were touring training camps with him and Slowick last year.

TailgateNut
01-06-2010, 11:25 AM
Maybe he'll take Orton off the Broncos hands.

Hopefully he'll take some of the Cutlerfans and jilted Shanny lovers to the DeadskinsRUs club-house.

sixtimeseight
01-06-2010, 11:25 AM
Peyton Hillis

Except for the fact that Shanahan didn't play Hillis either. Most likely destination for Hillis this offseason is the CFL.

azbroncfan
01-06-2010, 11:34 AM
I hope we can trade Jarvis Moss and Hillis to them instead of just cutting them which willl probably happen.

missingnumber7
01-06-2010, 11:39 AM
He has no room on his roster for Scheffler.

He's got Cooley...its not that he has no room...he has no need.

bowtown
01-06-2010, 11:41 AM
He's got Cooley...its not that he has no room...he has no need.

I'm not sure how that's any different. He already has 2 TEs that are better than Scheff, therefore he has no room on his roster for another one not named Nate Jackson. Better?

Beantown Bronco
01-06-2010, 11:43 AM
Does Engleberger count?

mr007
01-06-2010, 11:45 AM
raandle el is gone, they dont have a legit #1 besides maybe cooley.

Randle El was never a #1 receiver. And you're on crack if you don't think Santana Moss is a legit #1.

Bronco Boy
01-06-2010, 11:50 AM
Jason Elam, Boss Bailey, and Chuckwurah.

azbroncfan
01-06-2010, 11:55 AM
Webster and Engelberger are all giddy now.

bendog
01-06-2010, 12:03 PM
Hillis didn't get many carries in 08 till Torrian went down ... after everyone else went down, and then he went down too, and so did the season.

But, I think he was seeing playing time at FB. Maybe not, but I thought so. Still I think Mike Sellers is safe

Scheffler's similar to Cooley, but Davis the back up left a lot to be desired. I'd guess that's a possibility. Shanny seemed to have one roadgrader type TE and a couple of pass catcher types

bpc
01-06-2010, 12:29 PM
I could definitely see Elam popping up over there if he's healthy.

Shanny's 1st task outside of finding a franchise QB this offseason, will be to retool the offensive line.

I could see Shanny draft the best OT on the board in round 1, despite a guy like Sam Bradford being there, and then hitting a guy like Ryan Mallet in round 2.

A guy like Ben Hamilton would be a nice stop-gap player this season, and I imagine Shanny would LOVE to get his hands on Chris Kuper.

Washington has some talent on the line though. Casey Raburne, Levi Jones, Randy Thomas, Derrick Dockery, Mike Williams. It's kinda crazy actually.... looking at the Redskins roster, they aren't that far away. For the record, the fat guys like Dockery and Williams are going to be gone this offseason IMO.

bpc
01-06-2010, 12:31 PM
Hillis didn't get many carries in 08 till Torrian went down ... after everyone else went down, and then he went down too, and so did the season.

But, I think he was seeing playing time at FB. Maybe not, but I thought so. Still I think Mike Sellers is safe

Scheffler's similar to Cooley, but Davis the back up left a lot to be desired. I'd guess that's a possibility. Shanny seemed to have one roadgrader type TE and a couple of pass catcher types

Surprisingly, Davis has put up some nice production since Cooley when down. He started 10 games this year, caught 48 passes, 500 yds and 6 TD's.

Cooley and Davis are going to be a great pairing for Shanahan moving forward.

bendog
01-06-2010, 12:35 PM
Davis did put up some decent numbers. I'm not sure that Schefter isn't a step up though, and he'll be cut. Wash can have him for the cap space. But since Davis is younger, he has some upside, and with Shefter, I expect he's shown his max upside.

I really don't see anyone Shanny would want who he could get.

bpc
01-06-2010, 12:41 PM
Scheffler could go to Washington or Houston. Shanny loves three TE sets and you would be hard pressed to find better receiving TE group than those three would be...

The more I look at Washington's roster, the more I think Shanny is going to explode on the scene with these guys. They're really only missing a Qb (Personally, i don't think Campbell is that bad, Shanny's offense would do a lot for him) and an efficient offensive line. I think the defense has a bunch of talent.

Arkie
01-06-2010, 12:48 PM
Except for the fact that Shanahan didn't play Hillis either. Most likely destination for Hillis this offseason is the CFL.

Shanny will give him another look to see if he can still play. If he can play like last year, he will remind the Redskins of John Riggins.

bendog
01-06-2010, 01:04 PM
I can see Kuper in Wash, now that I think about it. I agree on Schefler, except shanny always had a roadgrader TE as his second or third guy. Signing Graham made little sense to me. He was an upgrade in that he was more an all around talent, but no way he could split safties on a post pattern

WolfpackGuy
01-06-2010, 01:11 PM
I can see Kuper in Wash, now that I think about it. I agree on Schefler, except shanny always had a roadgrader TE as his second or third guy. Signing Graham made little sense to me. He was an upgrade in that he was more an all around talent, but no way he could split safties on a post pattern

I think the only reason Shanahan brought in Graham was to help the line for Cutler and Henry.

Shanahan promised Graham a lot of catches, but that never happened.

That Graham money should've been used to make a better offer on Patrick Kerney.

bloodsunday
01-06-2010, 01:13 PM

That's not entirely true. While I admit he didn't use Hillis much until a bunch of other guys went down, he used him heavily in the middle of the season. What's more, he used him in several fashions (one game he had 100+ yds receiving). I was most surprised that McDaniels didn't use Hillis more because of his versatility, not so much because I thought he was the best RB in town (as many put forward).

I think Shanny recognized the value of Hillis as a role player and versatile guy and if we cut him, I fully expect he would get a look in Washington. This would be particularly true if they cut/move Portis.

bendog
01-06-2010, 01:20 PM
Hillis is valuable because he could back up portis/betts and sellers. In Den, McDaniels has to feed the ball to Moreno. Hillis may be discontented.