PDA

View Full Version : So...this guy beat our defense with the season on the line

vancejohnson82
01-06-2010, 07:41 AM
He skipped the team's wrap-up meeting and was spotted at the Palms...I can't believe he turned it on for one drive when our season was in the balance

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/01/05/jamarcus-missed-team-meeting-but-not-vegas/

Jamarcus Russell and Richard Seymour were the only two Raiders to miss the team's year-end meeting Monday.

Since coach Tom Cable gave Russell a hall pass, saying he was excused for "personal reasons," we weren't even sure the news was postworthy. Now it is.

Going on a tip from a commenter, Oakland Tribune columnist Cam Inman dialed the Palms in Las Vegas to see if Russell was checked in. He was. (Tip to JaMarcus: Use the name "Ron Mexico" next time.)

Russell is free to do anything he wants in his free time. Maybe he even had a legitimate excuse to miss the meeting, then book it to Vegas.

But considering his disastrous season, not to mention his compensation, we'd think Russell would make damn sure he completed his obligations to his team and show up for the meeting like everyone else before hitting the slot machines.

We would say this should be the last straw for Russell in Oakland, but let's be real. The man covering for him Monday, Tom Cable, is a lot less likely to be a Raider in 2010.

jhat01
01-06-2010, 07:44 AM
hahaha Classy! I love the Palms though...I can only imagine having millions in my account and going there. I could get into some trouble!

He's just another example of Al Davis' foolishness

WolfpackGuy
01-06-2010, 07:45 AM
I can't believe he turned it on for one drive when our season was in the balance

We can thank Nolan for turning it off on the final drive.

Pretty dumb move to not blitz a guy who had literally been on the bench for a few games.

dbfan21
01-06-2010, 07:55 AM
It's disgusting to even think about. How in the heck does this team beat FOUR playoff teams and crush Oakland & KC on the road, but lose to them at home?

:kiddingme

watermock
01-06-2010, 08:10 AM
Poor situational coaching.

jmz313
01-06-2010, 09:06 AM
poor situational coaching.

ding!

SonOfLe-loLang
01-06-2010, 09:18 AM

It was your God's defense that let that QB drive 70 yards in the final drive to win the game. But i know that doesn't exactly fit your agenda

Traveler
01-06-2010, 09:19 AM
Is Seymour a FA now?

Beantown Bronco
01-06-2010, 09:26 AM
Is Seymour a FA now?

Feb 27th is the start of FA as far as I can tell.

yavoon
01-06-2010, 09:53 AM
and the failure of an nfl career goes from train wreck to comedy tour.

Taco John
01-06-2010, 10:02 AM
Ugh. I thought I was getting over this.

13 plays from the shotgun later, and Jamarcus Russell had driven for a game winning touchdown.

I've had teeth pulled that were less painful this many weeks afterwards.

Tombstone RJ
01-06-2010, 10:08 AM
The faiders home game was the most painful loss of the entire season. One key stepping stone to making the playoffs and the Broncos fell apart to the worst run franchise in the NFL.

I didn't even watch the chefs game last Sunday, thank God I was skiing the whole day.

vancejohnson82
01-06-2010, 10:14 AM
i cant get over this

a guy who could care less about football and who barely could run the playbook comes in and torches us with our season in the balance

i hope nothing but the worst for Russell

gtown
01-06-2010, 11:25 AM
We became the Faders when we lost to the Faiders. What a moment in Colorado history.

Beantown Bronco
01-06-2010, 11:35 AM
We became the Faders when we lost to the Faiders. What a moment in Colorado history.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ckwll076khs&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ckwll076khs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

azbroncfan
01-06-2010, 11:38 AM

What about the last two years before? At what point are the players responsible for allowing 200 yards rushing from a one demensional offense?