PDA

View Full Version : Orange Bowl

Bronco LB52
01-05-2010, 02:03 PM
Can Iowa stop the good ole boy?

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/si/2009/writers/stewart_mandel/07/22/usc-mailbag/paul-johnson-p2.jpg

and his triple-option offense?

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/imported_assets/276581/tripleoption.jpg

bombay
01-05-2010, 02:03 PM
No.

WolfpackGuy
01-05-2010, 02:05 PM
Their only chance is the bubble screen...

bpc
01-05-2010, 02:12 PM
I think this is going to be a great game tonight. Two of the most well-coached teams. Iowa has one of the best front seven's in college football and they normally control the LOS with their big DE's/DT's.

This is going to be a close game based on that.

Anybody know if the Iowa QB is back yet?

SureShot
01-05-2010, 02:14 PM
GT by 14, I love the option I'm looking forward to it.

ColoradoBuff
01-05-2010, 02:15 PM
i love watching GT's offense. should be a great game with a GT win!

Bronco LB52
01-05-2010, 02:18 PM
I think this is going to be a great game tonight. Two of the most well-coached teams. Iowa has one of the best front seven's in college football and they normally control the LOS with their big DE's/DT's.

This is going to be a close game based on that.

Anybody know if the Iowa QB is back yet?

Stanzi is playing tonight.

SureShot
01-05-2010, 02:18 PM
i love watching GT's offense.

Of course you do.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jboOs9HVBDA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jboOs9HVBDA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

SoDak Bronco
01-05-2010, 03:29 PM
Hawkeye nation will be out in full effect tonight. I look for a close game with the Iowa pulling it out at end..Stanzi is back healthy tonight.

tsiguy96
01-05-2010, 05:12 PM
go hawkeyes!!!

bpc
01-05-2010, 05:17 PM
Long time Buff fan, but i'm a big ten enthuseist. Let's go Hawkeyes.

bpc
01-05-2010, 05:25 PM
So, just a primer.... a couple of guys to watch...

One of my potential first round favorites is Derrick Morgan, #91, DE for Georgia Tech. I think he can line up and play on the outside in a 3-4 defense.

B. Beluga for Iowa is playing OT for the Hawkeyes. I think he's #79, he'll be playing left tackle. Sounds generic but he's very similar to Gallery when he came out. Tenacious guy, but not the most athletic. Projects as a RT type to me in the time that i"ve seen him play.

One of my favorite players is GATech WR D. Thomas. I think he's #9. He's an athletic playmaker with size and speed. He has some of the best playmaking skills i've seen. Reminds me of Sidney Rice a little bit.

Everybody knows about J. Dwyer. He's a good HB. I don't like him as much as I liked Tashard Choice coming out though.

I also like a host of players in the Iowa front seven. Adrian Claiborne, #94 is the best that i've seen. He's playing DT. Tenacious strong 3-4 DE type. He's already gone on record saying he's coming back for his senior year though.

bpc
01-05-2010, 05:43 PM
Oh man, those Hawkeye front four are beasts!!! I would love to get Claiborn! I think he's better than Tyson Jackson was coming out last year. He would be a perfect 3-4 DE for us!

Rabb
01-05-2010, 06:05 PM
I am a proud Hawkeye and I want to murder Stanzi sometimes

there are times he looks amazing

then, he does what he just did

oh well, go Hawks!

SouthStndJunkie
01-05-2010, 06:37 PM
Let's go Big Ten!

Garcia Bronco
01-05-2010, 06:47 PM
Hokies couldn't stop the triple diple. Iowa can't either.

SouthStndJunkie
01-05-2010, 06:47 PM
A kid from my old high school, Andrew Donnal, committed to play OT at Iowa next year.

He is 6'7 and 280 pounds and very athletic. I would think they would redshirt him to get him stronger and add some bulk.

SoDak Bronco
01-05-2010, 07:04 PM

Sure about that? lol

Rabb
01-05-2010, 07:07 PM
A kid from my old high school, Andrew Donnal, committed to play OT at Iowa next year.

He is 6'7 and 280 pounds and very athletic. I would think they would redshirt him to get him stronger and add some bulk.

if he can put on some weight, whoa baby...that is nice

great school to learn at too, Ferentz is a genius with lineman

PRBronco
01-05-2010, 07:44 PM
Hey bpc, do you think Bulaga could move inside to guard like Gallery? Looks like a great player.

SouthStndJunkie
01-05-2010, 08:53 PM
Iowa beats Georgia Tech 24-14 in the Orange Bowl.

Kick ass bowl year for the Big Ten.

slatimer
01-05-2010, 09:09 PM
Go Hawks..great win..made up for some of the Broncos heartbreak....

bpc
01-05-2010, 10:01 PM
Hey bpc, do you think Bulaga could move inside to guard like Gallery? Looks like a great player.

I was watching on and off at an in-laws house but Buluga looked pretty good! I thought he and Morgan battled ALL day. Both guys project as 1st rounders and I think you could make a case for either guy at #10 or 11 for Denver since we need help on both sides of the ball on the LOS.

I definitely think that Beluga could play RT, and either guard position. I'm not giving up on him at LT... I've seen some film where I just scratch my head though. He's got a classic big ten mauler body, like Gallery, Thomas, and Jake Long before him. He's the prototype offensive linemen you want as he's big, strong, fluid athletic ability for the most party... can get drive off the LOS and is nasty in the run game. He has a great wide base to his body which just allows him to overtake DE's at the POA.

I have pretty much all the bowl games DVR'd and I'm looking forward to watching each one of the the guys on my list. I think that Buluga and Iapati have been the best offensive linemen i've seen thus far from their bowl games. I think Charles Brown is going to be a good one but he's got a little more filling out to do.

I thought Derrick Morgan made some great plays tonight as well.

It's going to be interesting. This year is VERY deep with talent. I hope Alphonso Smith is a player because we're going to be missing out on a hell of a talent at pick #14 in this draft.

tsiguy96
01-05-2010, 10:10 PM
I hope Alphonso Smith is a player because we're going to be missing out on a hell of a talent at pick #14 in this draft.

when you talk football and not just your stupid ass rants about how much mdaniels and bowlen and orton suck, you actually make sense.

anyways, i think all bronco fans think this same thing, would have been nice to see smith not be horrible when he was on the field this year.

bpc
01-05-2010, 10:12 PM
when you talk football and not just your stupid ass rants about how much mdaniels and bowlen and orton suck, you actually make sense.

anyways, i think all bronco fans think this same thing, would have been nice to see smith not be horrible when he was on the field this year.

Umm, nobody gives a **** what takes you like or not and I didn't ask if you cared.

SoDak Bronco
01-05-2010, 10:13 PM
Wegher is from my hometown..true freshmen white boy rb looked pretty good for the hawks tonight...nice win. congrats to the hawks and Kirk Frentz, the best coach in college ball.

SoDak Bronco
01-05-2010, 10:13 PM
Umm, nobody gives a **** what takes you like or not and I didn't ask if you cared.

easy killer. lol

bpc
01-05-2010, 10:15 PM
You gotta love Iowa. They're just tough SOB's who want to punch you in the face. I think the world of Ferentz. He's just a great coach. He's all about the fundamentals and toughness.

I would love if Denver considered him down the road if he's interested. I would hate to see him leave college football though. There aren't enough guys like he and Tressel. All class, and they raise men up the right way.

SureShot
01-05-2010, 10:15 PM
When bpc says things I agree with I find him more intelligent.

SoDak Bronco
01-05-2010, 10:27 PM
took iowa tonight and the under....nice!@!!`

Rabb
01-06-2010, 06:07 AM

:~ohyah!:

Rabb
01-06-2010, 06:08 AM
Wegher is from my hometown..true freshmen white boy rb looked pretty good for the hawks tonight...nice win. congrats to the hawks and Kirk Frentz, the best coach in college ball.

I love that kid, not just his talent (he is elusive as hell) but his drive...you can tell he just wants it more than other guys sometimes

so happy with the win last night!

Garcia Bronco
01-06-2010, 07:29 AM
:~ohyah!:

:)

Garcia Bronco
01-06-2010, 07:30 AM
Sure about that? lol

No...no I am not

SouthStndJunkie
01-06-2010, 08:47 AM
The Big Ten has knocked off 3 teams in the top 15 in bowl games this year.

Ohio State beat #7 Oregon, Iowa beat # 9 Georgia Tech, and Wisconsin beat #15 Miami.

bpc
01-06-2010, 09:29 AM
I got through re-watching the Iowa game last night. Bryan Bulaga had a hell of a game. I don't know if he'll declare, but he's got some major skills as an OT, OG. He struggled some this year with an undisclosed illness which is a red flag. When he came back, he was rusty and Brandon Graham from Michigan tore his ass up in a game that I watched of the two. Then again Graham has done that to a lot of teams.

It will be interesting to see what he'll decide to do. If he comes back next year, Iowa is going to be TOUGH.

crawdad
01-06-2010, 09:37 AM
Hawkeyes looked really good and Stanzi did a good job! They have a big oline.

crawdad
01-06-2010, 09:38 AM

Wegher is fast!

tsiguy96
01-06-2010, 09:48 AM
Wegher is fast!

he is fun to watch, never stops going and has a hell of a burst.