3. Matthews, GB 3
4. Orakpo, WAS 2

WABronco
01-05-2010, 12:41 PM
Curry, Sea 0

DOh

TonyR
01-05-2010, 12:44 PM
As every year, many teams would like a do over of the last draft.

TheDave
Ayers didn't get a vote?... WTF?

Doggcow
Curry, Sea 0

DOh

BUT HE WAS A LOCK! Lol

DBroncos4life
01-05-2010, 12:45 PM
How does Byrd pick off 9 passes and only get 6 votes?

TonyR
01-05-2010, 12:47 PM

Jackson, Curry, Raji, Maybin, Jenkins and English were all D players who went higher and also didn't get votes.

TheDave
01-05-2010, 12:49 PM
Jackson, Curry, Raji, Maybin, Jenkins and English were all D players who went higher and also didn't get votes.

For some reason I don't care as much about them.

broncofan7
01-05-2010, 12:50 PM
Wells >Moreno

Orapko >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ayers

TheDave
01-05-2010, 12:50 PM

By the way does anyone know what happened to Curry? Going into the draft people made him out to be the best LB prospect in the draft.

bombay
01-05-2010, 12:52 PM
What a great, great, linebacking corps USC had last year.

TonyR
01-05-2010, 12:53 PM
For some reason I don't care as much about them.

I hear ya, but as with the other teams we need to show a little patience and restraint. Ayers may never amount to anything, but he also may turn into a Pro Bowler next year. Unfortunately that's the nature of this beast.

Dagmar
01-05-2010, 12:53 PM
By the way does anyone know what happened to Curry? Going into the draft people made him out to be the best LB prospect in the draft.

14 games 54 tackles 2 sacks.

Beantown Bronco
01-05-2010, 12:56 PM
Wells >Moreno

Not even close.

TheDave
01-05-2010, 12:56 PM
I hear ya, but as with the other teams we need to show a little patience and restraint. Ayers may never amount to anything, but he also may turn into a Pro Bowler next year. Unfortunately that's the nature of this beast.

I don't think ayers is a bust, he just doesn't do anything special...yet.

I'm starting to wonder if his best position might be DE in our 3-4

TheDave
01-05-2010, 12:58 PM
14 games 54 tackles 2 sacks.

Hmmm... a couple of sacks and about 4 tackles a game.

not much to write home about.

PRBronco
01-05-2010, 01:04 PM
Wells >Moreno

I love the rich, juicy irony of your screen name.

Grats to Cushing and Matthews, proved me wrong big time, I thought they'd both flop. Moreso Matthews, I just thought Cushing was going to be Mr. Glass.

OBF1
01-05-2010, 01:14 PM
I want a recount... I am sure they ment Ayers not Cushing.

gyldenlove
01-05-2010, 01:17 PM
How does Byrd pick off 9 passes and only get 6 votes?

The same way Deltha Oneal picked 10 passes but was still a scrub.

Archer81
01-05-2010, 01:28 PM

Play for Seattle. I guess that does it.

:Broncos:

WolfpackGuy
01-05-2010, 01:49 PM
Ayers and Smith weren't in the running?

LonghornBronco
01-05-2010, 01:56 PM
Wells >Moreno

Orakpo's numbers were inflated by playing next to Haynesworth. Notice how Tennesse's pass rush took a dive?

Dagmar
01-05-2010, 02:03 PM
Ayers and Smith weren't in the running?

What a new and original joke to add to this thread!

El Minion
01-05-2010, 02:15 PM

But, but, but USC players are overrated ;D

barryr
01-05-2010, 02:16 PM
Geesh, rookie players on the Broncos not playing to doing enough for ROY and some want them to draft a QB high in the draft to sit and watch from the sidelines next year. Go figure.

Atwater His Ass
01-05-2010, 02:28 PM
Geesh, rookie players on the Broncos not playing to doing enough for ROY and some want them to draft a QB high in the draft to sit and watch from the sidelines next year. Go figure.

lol

oubronco
01-05-2010, 02:31 PM

:spit: go figure

Lolad
01-05-2010, 03:30 PM
Ayers is too small to play DE in a 3-4 thats why he's playing the OLB position

The only positives from this years draft class was Bruton and Mcbath on ST. The rest were reaches, I pray we have more than 10 names on our board so we don't have to reach for every pick again

~Crash~
01-05-2010, 05:10 PM

And we could of had one of them 10 times @)#@$)$*@$*($ was the sound in my house everytime we passed up on Ray........:sunshine:

~Crash~
01-05-2010, 05:14 PM
I have seen allot of carping on Ayers he is ,if nothing Else a monster MLB leave the kid alone .

DBroncos4life
01-05-2010, 05:46 PM
Geesh, rookie players on the Broncos not playing because they can't beat people out to doing enough for ROY and some want them to draft a QB high in the draft to sit and watch from the sidelines next year. Go figure.

fixed it for ya.

broncocalijohn
01-05-2010, 05:59 PM

thank you and why we stunk on D this year. A ton of talent left the team this last year. Good for Cushing and Mathews.

snowspot66
01-05-2010, 06:03 PM
fixed it for ya.

How about you name some of those bad people they couldn't beat out?

DBroncos4life
01-05-2010, 06:06 PM
How about you name some of those bad people they couldn't beat out?

What was Ty Law doing week one through six?

gtown
01-05-2010, 06:14 PM
The real story: it's easy to win DROY when you play with a bunch of difference makers already. Cushing has Mario Williams and DeMeco Ryans, Matthews has the Packers Dline, Aaron Kampman, as well as Barnett and AJ Hawk, and Orakpo has Haynesworth, Andre Carter, and London Fletcher.

Put another difference maker in the Denver front seven besides Doom, and you can bet that it would have been a whole lot easier for Ayers, who by the way, was learning not just a new position, but several.

DBroncos4life
01-05-2010, 06:16 PM
This was Mario Haggan best year as a pro. Mario has been in the league 7 years now so you know what to expect from him. Maybe I expect too much out of first round players in thinking Ayers should have been making more plays then Mario towards the end of the year.

orinjkrush
01-05-2010, 06:18 PM
ummm, do it all over again, trade ayers for orakpo or cushing?

sure?

gunns
01-05-2010, 06:53 PM
The same way Deltha Oneal picked 10 passes but was still a scrub.

:kiddingme

Am I missing something here? Some sarcasm or something? Cause he never did that as a rookie or with Denver.

2KBack
01-05-2010, 07:09 PM
:kiddingme

Am I missing something here? Some sarcasm or something? Cause he never did that as a rookie or with Denver.

He had 9 for Denver in 2001 and 10 for Cincy in 2005.

didn't take long to look up

Popps
01-05-2010, 07:24 PM
Clearly, these people didn't see Ayers' body-slam on Charles.

Ayers had an uninspiring season, but showed flashes and at the same time... never looked like a total rookie out there, either. The book on him was that he would be slow to develop, and we're asking him to do quite a bit, early on.

He got a lot of playing time his rookie season, which is great.

He's on a long list of guys I think have a real potential to make a big leap in their second year in our system.

DBroncos4life
01-05-2010, 07:37 PM
He had 9 for Denver in 2001 and 10 for Cincy in 2005.

didn't take long to look up
He had 0 in 2000 which is his rookie year. Seems that this thread is about Defensive ROY (the ROY means ROOKIE of the year by the way) I think that is why no one has a clue why you are talking about Deltha Oneal's second season in the NFL.

2KBack
01-05-2010, 08:04 PM
He had 0 in 2000 which is his rookie year. Seems that this thread is about Defensive ROY (the ROY means ROOKIE of the year by the way) I think that is why no one has a clue why you are talking about Deltha Oneal's second season in the NFL.

I'm not the one who made the comparison thank you very much, but it doesn't strain ones comprehension to understand what the guy was saying. Deltha also had great statistical seasons, yet was still a scrub, hence the same could be true about Byrd.

Come on people

DBroncos4life
01-05-2010, 08:21 PM
I'm not the one who made the comparison thank you very much, but it doesn't strain ones comprehension to understand what the guy was saying. Deltha also had great statistical seasons, yet was still a scrub, hence the same could be true about Byrd.

Come on people

Well Oneal had 4 picks in one game the year he finished with 9 and 3 picks in a game the year he finished with 10. Byrd had a stretch of games where he had 5 games with atleast 1 INT. He missed the last two games of the season as well. Jairus Byrd was moved to saftey and I don't think he played like a scrub this year at all. I would take 9 scrub INTs like over what our second round DB pick gave us any season.

2KBack
01-05-2010, 08:29 PM
Well Oneal had 4 picks in one game the year he finished with 9 and 3 picks in a game the year he finished with 10. Byrd had a stretch of games where he had 5 games with atleast 1 INT. He missed the last two games of the season as well. Jairus Byrd was moved to saftey and I don't think he played like a scrub this year at all. I would take 9 scrub INTs like over what our second round DB pick gave us any season.

I don't know **** about the guy. I was trying to clarify the comments made by an earlier poster.

Mediator12
01-06-2010, 05:33 AM
Great for Cushing. He deserved it. Best Defensive rookie from start to finish this season by far. His only blemish was a foolish coaching decision by HOU to play him man on man with Dallas Clark. Clark took him to school for 11/14 catches, 2 PI calls, and 2 TD's ;D No one played him man on man the rest of the year with a LB!

Byrd had a good year, but he missed a lot of games too. If he was healthy it would not have been so one sided. Same thing with Matthews. Clay was fantastic down the stretch and was much more than just a pass rusher. He was a great pick for that Defense.

Jerraud Powers for INDY was by far the best rookie CB in the league who played almost start to finish before hurting his Hammy versus DEN. He was taken at the end of the third round.

And, Rey Maualuga was pretty solid on run defense for CIN. Still hurt them a bunch in pass defense, but he had a solid rookie season for changing to SAM from MIKE.

Overall, a pretty solid rookie class of defenders this year. Just no Patrick Willis in the group!

snowspot66
01-06-2010, 08:48 AM
What was Ty Law doing week one through six?

Hell if I know. But if you're saying Smith should have beaten out Law then I would have to ask why? He had a bum ankle and Law had actually played in New England defense before. A potential HoF player with a lot of experience coming in and playing over a rookie with a bum wheel makes a lot more sense to me. There's a lot of **** to learn.