PDA

View Full Version : So... What can we get for BMarsh?

boppool
01-05-2010, 12:25 PM
Apparently, Marshall may have played his last game as a Bronco, according to Denver Post and he's being shopped around. I have to agree with the decision to trade him and lock up Elvis for a long term.

So, what can we get in return? Despite all of the baggage, he did make a pro-bowl, set a single-game reception record and is one of the best young receivers in the league.

Would you guys be happy with #1 and #3, or can we get more for him?
I personally prefer veteran players and lower picks, since I am still not sold on our front office's drafting skills.

TailgateNut
01-05-2010, 12:26 PM
A popsicle and free bitch-slappin sessions! JK

Rabb
01-05-2010, 12:28 PM
if we got a 1st and a 3rd I would be elated

package him and our 1st to St Louis for a boy named Suh!

TheDave
01-05-2010, 12:29 PM
not nearly as much as he is worth on the field... and probably 10x what he is worth off the field.

DenverBrit
01-05-2010, 12:29 PM
Apparently, Marshall may have played his last game as a Bronco, according to Denver Post and he's being shopped around. I have to agree with the decision to trade him and lock up Elvis for a long term.

So, what can we get in return? Despite all of the baggage, he did make a pro-bowl, set a single-game reception record and is one of the best young receivers in the league.

I personally prefer veteran players and lower picks, since I am still not sold on our front office's drafting skills.

Ditto. Either receiver or DL.

kamakazi_kal
01-05-2010, 12:31 PM
not nearly as much as he is worth on the field... And probably 10x what he is worth off the field.

this ......

I think it would be wonderful to have a team full of "good" "team" guys. Hard work will only get you so far though. I don't think the barrel can be full of shiny apples and still win consistantly. Production on the field is what I care about most.

I would be not very comfortable with Royal who fell of in a big way and Gaffney with his one or two big games going into next year at 1 and 2.

Though if we keep Orton and continue to toss 3 yd in's and bubble screens every pass down it may not matter. I think Marsh really is being wasted in this offense even though his numbers may not show it (opinion)

SonOfLe-loLang
01-05-2010, 12:33 PM
I just wanna keep him

boppool
01-05-2010, 12:41 PM

So, you're sending Marshall and 10th pick overall for Suh? That's just insane.
Not even sure if Suh would even fit in our scheme.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-05-2010, 12:42 PM
Nothing, because Marshall will be a Bronco next year.

Chris
01-05-2010, 12:44 PM
First and foremost we need to make sure we sign and draft players that can breathe in the cold weather. This is critical to our future success.

Williams
01-05-2010, 12:47 PM
first and foremost we need to make sure we sign and draft players that can breathe in the cold weather. This is critical to our future success.

rofl!

boppool
01-05-2010, 12:48 PM

I hope I could share your optimism, but here's a guy who wanted to leave last preseason BEFORE all these happened.

It makes so much sense to trade him while his value is at the highest (Before traffic stops, b***h-slappings or TV divings, etc.)

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-05-2010, 12:51 PM
I agree that it makes sense, but just because it makes sense doesn't mean it will happen. In fact, many times the opposite is true.

OBF1
01-05-2010, 12:53 PM

BS: Marshall straight across for their #1

Popps
01-05-2010, 12:59 PM
this ......

I think it would be wonderful to have a team full of "good" "team" guys. Hard work will only get you so far though. I don't think the barrel can be full of shiny apples and still win consistantly. Production on the field is what I care about most.

Great point. As long as a guy produces, he's never a distraction.

http://weblogs.wpix.com/sports/thehuddle/terrell_owens_crying.jpg

peacepipe
01-05-2010, 01:00 PM

A 1st & 3rd, Denver will franchise him.

Beantown Bronco
01-05-2010, 01:02 PM
A 1st & 3rd, Denver will franchise him.

It's two firsts for a franchise player.

First and third for the high RFA tender.

Two different contracts and compensation levels.

kamakazi_kal
01-05-2010, 01:03 PM
Great point. As long as a guy produces, he's never a distraction.

http://weblogs.wpix.com/sports/thehuddle/terrell_owens_crying.jpg

Ok poops you win. Gaff and Royal next year ...... yeah that's the stuff.

Bronco Yoda
Can we line him up and all kick him in the ass. What a waste of talent for us. Sad thing is you can tell that someday he's going to get it. It just won't be for us.

Dagmar

Suh and Bradford/McClain in the 1st round.... :wiggle:

peacepipe
There should be an * put next to any thread involving any FAs. Due to the chance, the CBA gets worked out in time. If it does we'll get absolutely nothing for him.

Beantown Bronco
01-05-2010, 01:05 PM
Ok poops you win. Gaff and Royal next year ...... yeah that's the stuff.

More than they had in week 17, when the offense scored more points and put up more yards than they did in all but 3 or 4 other games.

ZachKC
Nobody would give up a 1st and 3rd him.

Beantown Bronco
There should be an * put next to any thread involving any FAs. Due to the chance, the CBA gets worked out in time. If it does we'll get absolutely nothing for him.

Then they'd definitely tag him.

Beantown Bronco
01-05-2010, 01:06 PM

This has OMane wager written all over it.

WABronco
01-05-2010, 01:06 PM
A bag of warm dung.

Beantown Bronco
01-05-2010, 01:09 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/daoV-LsINiA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/daoV-LsINiA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

peacepipe
01-05-2010, 01:11 PM
Then they'd definitely tag him.

And risk Dumerville signing with someoneelse? They can only tag 1 player.

ZachKC
01-05-2010, 01:14 PM
This has OMane wager written all over it.

Nah, people get to caught up in those. They are silly.

All I am saying is that sports fans always always overestimate the trade value of players.

Nobody is taking Marshall for a 1st and 3rd.

Beantown Bronco
01-05-2010, 01:15 PM

1. They'll sign Dumervil before FA opens.
2. You're assuming that you already know what the new CBA will look like. There could be a whole new set of "tags" that we don't have now. Even if it's a carbon copy of the current one, we'd still have the transition tag available for Marshall in case Dumervil played hardball and we had to franshise him.

TailgateNut
01-05-2010, 01:17 PM
First and foremost we need to make sure we sign and draft players that can breathe in the cold weather. This is critical to our future success.
.....or we could build a dome for Marshall.!Booya!

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-05-2010, 01:19 PM

Not if the CBA doesn't get done. Then they can tag 3.

The Joker
01-05-2010, 01:22 PM
A team might give up a first for him if they have a pick in the 20's and feel they are a #1 WR away from being a legit contender.

Baltimore seems logical, to me.

Old Dude

All I am saying is that sports fans always always overestimate the trade value of players.

Closest parallel is probably Braylon Edwards. All kinds of off-field issues. Big receiver with questionable hands, but capable of producing huge plays. Marshall is probably a notch up from Edwards in terms of health and recent production.

IIRC, the Jets traded away a LB (now starting for the Browns), a young, questionable WR, and two picks, believed to be 3rd and 5th rounders.

Marshall's value is probably higher and the Jets were supposedly floating around the idea of offering more for him, but that at least gives a ballpark idea if they go into negotiations.

Beantown Bronco

Usually. But not in this case IMO. Nobody expected more than two firsts and a third for Cutler.

And in this case, the precedent has been set for WRs with the Deion Branch and Roy Williams signings. Both had career years that were not as good as BMarsh's and yet were enough to net their old team first rounders.

ZONA
01-05-2010, 01:24 PM
He's being shopped around the day after the season ends and 1/3 of the teams are still playing? Like if I thought that was the truth for a split second, I would have, uh, yeah, started a thread about it.

Do you have any source that he's being shopped, or was it just something you felt like adding in? Just curious. I would like to see the link where it's said he's being shopped.

Lame.

ZachKC
01-05-2010, 01:26 PM
Usually. But not in this case IMO. Nobody expected more than two firsts and a third for Cutler.

And in this case, the precedent has been set for WRs with the Deion Branch and Roy Williams signings. Both had career years that were not as good as BMarsh's and yet were enough to net their old team first rounders.

You can count on those guys to give there all for your football team.

Lolad
01-05-2010, 01:26 PM

Roy Williams got a 1st and a 3rd? I know at least they gave up a 1st.

But Brandon will be a Bronco next year, and the team should do everything possible to keep him here.

Drafts picks do not guarantee you success.

ZONA
01-05-2010, 01:29 PM
But Brandon will be a Bronco next year, and the team should do everything possible to keep him here.

But most people here don't think with a clear head. They want to believe he's a problem and don't like him and would just like to see him replaced, even if it's with an unknown draft pick. What happens if that pick turns out to be a Lellie? Doh, please give us Marshall back, please. Funny stuff.

gyldenlove
01-05-2010, 01:30 PM
Closest parallel is probably Braylon Edwards. All kinds of off-field issues. Big receiver with questionable hands, but capable of producing huge plays. Marshall is probably a notch up from Edwards in terms of health and recent production.

IIRC, the Jets traded away a LB (now starting for the Browns), a young, questionable WR, and two picks, believed to be 3rd and 5th rounders.

Marshall's value is probably higher and the Jets were supposedly floating around the idea of offering more for him, but that at least gives a ballpark idea if they go into negotiations.

You have to keep in mind that trade was swung by the worlds most incompetent coach for players he used to coach.

Hamrob
01-05-2010, 01:30 PM
More than they had in week 17, when the offense scored more points and put up more yards than they did in all but 3 or 4 other games.Who were they playing and what was their defensive ranking?

ZachKC
01-05-2010, 01:32 PM
Roy Williams got a 1st and a 3rd? I know at least they gave up a 1st.

I dont think having Brandon Marshall guarantees you success.

Drek
01-05-2010, 01:36 PM

Should there be a ** next to that due to the chance that a massive bolide strikes the planet and we're all dead come the off-season?

Because that is looking just about as likely right now.

Dumervil (NO LE on the end) has a blank check waiting for him to fill in. He'll get resigned for something between what Harrison took last year and Ware got during the season, and it'll be well before FA opens. He's a good character producer with two excellent comps having recently signed. He's very easy to price and lock up.

Marshall will likely get a maximum RFA tender and he'll either play for the Broncos in 2010 for all of $3M or his agent will find a team willing to pay him and give us a 1st and 3rd. There is no reason for the Broncos to waver from this point. Either scenario is good for them. The picks would be nice, but so would another contract year for Marshall, leading to an off-season where we likely won't have any premier FA blocking us from then tagging Marshall if he's still producing and stops acting like a clown.

ZONA
01-05-2010, 01:36 PM

You can't guarantee success of the team with any one player. But you can look at the player and guarantee that player is successful. BM has already proven that he has been successful in 2 different systems, and playing while injured all last season. What the F do you want? For real? WTF do you guys want from the dude? He's done a 180 since the early suspension and even though many are trying to throw him under the bus, he still is taking the high road here. He's personally thanked Josh for helping him grow up and take responsibility for his actions and he's done that. He got along with his teammates and his coach all season long and now all of a sudden you guys don't want him. F'ing unreal.

rastaman
01-05-2010, 01:39 PM
1. They'll sign Dumervil before FA opens.

2. You're assuming that you already know what the new CBA will look like. There could be a whole new set of "tags" that we don't have now. Even if it's a carbon copy of the current one, we'd still have the transition tag available for Marshall in case Dumervil played hardball and we had to franshise him.

Great move transition and tag your players to low ball them will not endear these players to Bowlen and they won't be buying the BS that McD will be selling and shoveling in 2010.

rastaman
01-05-2010, 01:43 PM

Having McD as HC doesn't guarantee success either. In fact all of Belichick asst. coaches have yet to prove they can be as successful with their new teams as Bilichick has been in NE!

rastaman
01-05-2010, 01:47 PM

We could search the amazon jungle for a truth serum to give McD in 2010! !Booya!

TailgateNut
01-05-2010, 01:48 PM
We could the amazon jungle for a truth serum to give McD in 2010! !Booya!

Too much Ganja AGAIN???

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-05-2010, 01:48 PM
Having McD as HC doesn't guarantee success either. In fact all of Belichick asst. coaches have yet to prove they can be as successful with their new teams as Bilichick has been in NE!

It doesn't make a goddamn lick of difference which "coaching tree" guys come from. Guys from the Parcells tree have been successful, others have failed. Guys from the Walsh tree have been successful, others have failed. It doesn't make any difference whatsoever.

Trying to draw parallels because of who McD worked for is lazy and stupid.

Beantown Bronco
01-05-2010, 01:49 PM
Great move transition and tag your players to low ball them will not endear these players to Bowlen and they won't be buying the BS that McD will be selling and shoveling in 2010.

I'm not advocating it. I'm responding to a VERY specific post that I quoted previously that expressed concern that we'd lose these guys with no compensation. I'm simply saying that there are options that would prevent these guys from leaving without us receiving any compensation.

Follow the thread.

rastaman
01-05-2010, 01:49 PM
Too much Ganja AGAIN???

Where's so sense of humor!:sunshine:

TailgateNut
01-05-2010, 01:50 PM
Where's so sense of humor!:sunshine:

HUH???

Put down the Cheetos and the bong!

Chris
01-05-2010, 01:51 PM

Or a bubble / space suit he wears over his head with a dress to protect his hips and hamstrings.

rastaman
01-05-2010, 01:51 PM
McD has plenty of demons he needs to free himself from.

TailgateNut
01-05-2010, 01:52 PM
or a bubble / space suit he wears over his head with a dress to protect his hips and hamstrings.

lol

...and some suction cups on his feet so he doesn't fall into another TV cabinet, and some foam fingers so he doesn't hurt his next GF when he Bitchslaps her.

rastaman
01-05-2010, 01:53 PM
I'm not advocating it. I'm responding to a VERY specific post that I quoted previously that expressed concern that we'd lose these guys with no compensation. I'm simply saying that there are options that would prevent these guys from leaving without us receiving any compensation.

Follow the thread.

Just pay your star players and don't try to hold them hostage. The players will respect the organization in the long run. Can you comprehend TRUST?

Probably not....you're too busy behaving like a FO shill.

TailgateNut
01-05-2010, 01:54 PM
Just pay your star players and don't try to hold them hostage. The players will respect the organization in the long run. Can you comprehend TRUST?

Probably not....you're too busy behaving like a FO shill.

Like trusting your players to play even when they have a wittle owie!

rastaman
01-05-2010, 01:54 PM
Or a bubble / space suit he wears over his head with a dress to protect his hips and hamstrings.

Or we could place McD and his applogist in an Echo Chamber! ROFL!

rastaman
01-05-2010, 01:55 PM
Like trusting your players to play even when they have a wittle owie!

Or like Trusting your HC to call a better game plan to allow your team that best possibility to win the game?

Rulon Velvet Jones
01-05-2010, 01:58 PM
You can count on those guys to give there all for your football team.

Roy Williams "giving it his all"?? AHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA ROFL!

Dagmar
01-05-2010, 01:58 PM
You think trading away BMarsh will get rid of rasta?

Dagmar
01-05-2010, 01:59 PM
Roy Williams "giving it his all"?? AHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA ROFL!

I did a triple take reading that, and Zach isn't usually retarded. Not like his boyfriend BroncoLB52 at least... :approve:

TailgateNut
01-05-2010, 02:00 PM

Only the DEA knocking on his door would silence him!

missingnumber7
01-05-2010, 02:07 PM
How about Kreutz and chicagos #1 next year since they don't have a 1 or a 2 this year.

Rabb
01-05-2010, 02:16 PM
So, you're sending Marshall and 10th pick overall for Suh? That's just insane.
Not even sure if Suh would even fit in our scheme.

just saying, I think Suh can fit in any scheme...that kid is a physical beast

how addressing a need for us is insane, I am not sure

KevinJames
01-05-2010, 02:19 PM

not true because even if a CBA does get worked out hes scheduled to be a restricted free agent either way.

Chris
01-05-2010, 02:30 PM
lol

...and some suction cups on his feet so he doesn't fall into another TV cabinet, and some foam fingers so he doesn't hurt his next GF when he b****slaps her.

A fake girlfriend made of the same material they make those blue punching dummies out of that lights up when he hits her. And some tissues for his tears.

Or we take the foam off and lock Bus Cook up in a girlfriend suit.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-05-2010, 02:31 PM

If firing Shanny and dumping Cutler didn't do it, there's little chance that trading Marshall will.

bowtown
01-05-2010, 02:35 PM

I would throw in the Bear's 1st to make that happen.

bombay
01-05-2010, 02:39 PM
I listened to that interview yesterday. When Marshall speaks he sounds so damned sincere (when moron dmac isn't interrupting) that it's really hard not to be drawn in.

His actions, however, belie his words.

cutthemdown
01-05-2010, 02:53 PM
Anyone who thinks Broncos get a 1st and a 3rd for Marshal is kidding themselves. If we tender him high IMO no teams will sign him. Why give up big money and 2 picks for a guy who really has honesty issues?

Broncos will tender him high, no teams will give him a good offer, Broncos will find a trade partner and sign and trade for maybe a 2nd round pick. Maybe even less.

Beantown Bronco
01-05-2010, 02:56 PM
Broncos will find a trade partner and sign and trade for maybe a 2nd round pick. Maybe even less.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nl5gBJGnaXs&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nl5gBJGnaXs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

DenverBrit
01-05-2010, 03:13 PM
HUH???

Put down the Cheetos and the bong!

Better still......pick up the bong and Cheetos and stop typing. ;D

Ambiguous
01-05-2010, 03:26 PM
Can we line him up and all kick him in the ass. What a waste of talent for us. Sad thing is you can tell that someday he's going to get it. It just won't be for us.

Seems like this has already been done... multiple times.

Archer81
01-05-2010, 03:30 PM
The homer in me wants the Broncos and Marshall to work it out. If McDaniels and Brandon worked out their issues earlier in the season, why not now? He makes our passing game dangerous, and if Denver can reestablish a dominant ground game, having him in tandem with it makes everybody on offense that much more explosive.

The realist in me thinks Marshall is gone. Either as a RFA or a franchise tagged player. It sucks because he has so much talent...boo.

:Broncos:

DrFate
01-05-2010, 03:31 PM
My guess is we could get a 2nd round pick - ala the Javon Walker trade.

Nobody is giving a 1 and a 3 for Marshall at this point - especially with lockout talk...

Beantown Bronco
01-05-2010, 03:38 PM
Nobody is giving a 1 and a 3 for Marshall at this point - especially with lockout talk...

What does the lockout have to do with it? Would you rather pay for a 1 and a 3 during a lockout or Marshall? At least with Marshall, you might be able to tier the contract a little bit more. And depending on where the first rounder is, you could easily end up risking more.

Think about how many WRs have gone in the first round over the last few years (and will go this year). How many of them could we get, along with that team's 3rd rounder, in a straight up trade right now for BMarsh? I'm guessing most of them without hesitation.

Drek
01-05-2010, 03:45 PM

Javon Walker had one very good season (not as good as any of Marshall's last three) and was traded after having a major knee injury in his first game of the previous season. He got a 2nd.

Roy Williams fetched a 1st and then some without ever having a season close to what Marshall has done, and that was a more recent deal than us trading for Walker.

The Cardinals by multiple reports where offered 1st rounders each of the last two years for Anquan Boldin, who has bitched frequently about wanting to be paid in AZ, feuded with the OC on the sidelines of a playoff game, and is generally considered good for only about 12 games a year due to injury.

I think Marshall might carry a bit more value than you think, especially in an uncapped year where teams like Washington can comply with his financial demands without any fear of a cap. They happen to be one of those teams who offered a 1st for Boldin too, and are trying to land the guy who drafted Marshall as their HC.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-05-2010, 04:09 PM

You're high.

Walker was coming off two SERIOUS knee injuries. Marshall has no such problems.

Dagmar
01-05-2010, 04:11 PM
You're high.

Walker was coming off two SERIOUS knee injuries. Marshall has no such problems.

Zing!

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l265/wetbiskit/24149.gif

mr007
01-05-2010, 04:35 PM
First off we shouldn't trade Marshall. We either sign him to a long term deal, or franchise him.

Secondly, if we do, we should go for GOOD YOUNG PROVEN VETS and not draft picks.

If for some retarded reason we do trade him for picks, the MINIMUM should be a 1st and a 3rd. Anything less is utterly ridiculous.

Bronco Yoda
01-05-2010, 04:38 PM
keep him

Both coach and player need couples counseling. Mr.childish & Mr.emotional need to work it out. You decide who's who.

Lolad
01-05-2010, 04:47 PM
just saying, I think Suh can fit in any scheme...that kid is a physical beast

how addressing a need for us is insane, I am not sure

you address a need and create another 1 at WR. None of the BS that Gaffney can be our #1 because we know that's not true. Royal is a good #2 when used correctly. But I think the same guys calling for Brandons head are also saying Royal regressed so I guess we wont have any WR's next year

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-05-2010, 04:52 PM
you address a need and create another 1 at WR. None of the BS that Gaffney can be our #1 because we know that's not true. Royal is a good #2 when used correctly. But I think the same guys calling for Brandons head are also saying Royal regressed so I guess we wont have any WR's next year

So what's your answer?

Seems like the people who whine the most are also the ones without any ideas for how the situation gets addressed.

meangene
01-05-2010, 05:14 PM
I think you put the high tender on him which would mean a #1 and #3 pick. Doesn't mean a team can't work out a deal for him at something less than that. I think we will get a mid to late first because lesser teams are not going to give up an early #1 or more and then have to pay him outrageous money too. A team that feels like they are one or two players away is what we are looking at. I'm not sure we will be able to get more than a #1 for him with his baggage - hope so. Either way, it is best that this whole situation come to an end or else it replays over and over until we get nothing for him.

bowtown
01-05-2010, 05:18 PM
So what's your answer?

Seems like the people who whine the most are also the ones without any ideas for how the situation gets addressed.

Easy:

1. Fire Josh McDaniels,
2. Cut Orton and Moreno,
3. Sign Marshall to a 100 mil/year deal
4. Get Gaffney, Davis, Dawkins, DJ, Champ, Graham, Jordon, Buckhalter, and all the rest of McDaniels yes men out of here.
5. Kill Ty Law
6. Hillis becomes staring RB, punt returner and #2 reciever
7. Royal plays slot
8. Use our 2nd and 3rd to move up and draft Claussen
9. Hire Nick Saban, money is no object

Who doesn't love the look of that team? They'll probably win 40 games in a row... or how ever many there are in a season.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-05-2010, 05:19 PM
Easy:

1. Fire Josh McDaniels,
2. Cut Orton and Moreno,
4. Get Gaffney, Davis, Dawkins, DJ, Champ, Graham, Jordon, Buckhalter, and all the rest of McDaniels yes men out of here.
5. Kill Ty Law
6. Use our 2nd and 3rd to move up and draft Claussen
7. Hire Nick Saban, money is no object

Who doesn't love the look of that team? They'll probably win 40 games in a row... or how ever many there are in a season.

Win. Just lots and lots of win.

Dagmar
01-05-2010, 05:26 PM
Easy:

1. Fire Josh McDaniels,
2. Cut Orton and Moreno,
5. Kill Ty Law
7. Royal plays slot

Rastaman?

mr007
01-05-2010, 05:29 PM
I think you put the high tender on him which would mean a #1 and #3 pick. Doesn't mean a team can't work out a deal for him at something less than that. I think we will get a mid to late first because lesser teams are not going to give up an early #1 or more and then have to pay him outrageous money too. A team that feels like they are one or two players away is what we are looking at. I'm not sure we will be able to get more than a #1 for him with his baggage - hope so. Either way, it is best that this whole situation come to an end or else it replays over and over until we get nothing for him.

The high tender would be stupid because some team could easily sign him to a poison pill type of contract and we'd be screwed.

bowtown
01-05-2010, 05:31 PM
The high tender would be stupid because some team could easily sign him to a poison pill type of contract and we'd be screwed.

Well we wouldn't be totally screwed. We wouldn't be able to retain his rights, but we'd still be getting a 1st and 3rd for him.

DenverBrit
01-05-2010, 05:32 PM
Straight from the light rail.....actually, a very reliable source:

BM was seen dancing up a storm at Shanahans' on new year's eve and his hammy looked fine.

He was later seen heading off for a long chat with Shanny in a private room.

No sign of Josina on this occasion. :sunshine:

bowtown
01-05-2010, 05:33 PM

BM was seen dancing up a storm at Shanahans' on new year's eve and his hammy looked fine.

Was it in Cabo? Is your source baja?

DenverBrit
01-05-2010, 05:35 PM
Was it in Cabo? Is your source baja?

No, it was someone who was at the New Year's bash.

'Shanahans' is his new restaurant in Denver.

Caveat Lector
01-05-2010, 05:35 PM
First off we shouldn't trade Marshall. We either sign him to a long term deal, or franchise him.

Why would we franchise him? The highest restricted tender (1st & 3rd) we could put on him would pay around a third of the money the franchise tag pays, and we still retain his rights...

boppool
01-05-2010, 06:00 PM

Redskins's always been a good trade partner. They gave us Champ, also helped us unload Lelie, if I remember correctly.

Shanny would give us Brian Orakpo for BMarsh. :thumbsup:

rastaman
01-05-2010, 06:12 PM
Redskins's always been a good trade partner. They gave us Champ, also helped us unload Lelie, if I remember correctly.

Shanny would give us Brian Orakpo for BMarsh. :thumbsup:

All Shanny needs is Scheffler and Hillis!8')

Brandon needs to comeback next year to antagonize the shiiit out of McD! Instead of Brandon making those gains out from McD's dink and dunk BS offense with his gay ass bubble screens, Brandon simple needs to play like Gaffney and go down with the first tackle and not break his neck trying to catch Ortons BS circus throws. Can't bench him for not playing like he did in 2009 during the 2010 season. Teams already know what Bmarsh is capable and will realize Marshall is only stalling for time until his parole from the Broncos become a reality in 011 or 012.

What! Whats McD going to do? He should have not gotten greedy and decitful with making it too difficult to trade Marshall in the first place. Now Brandon has become his nightmare.

ZONA
01-05-2010, 06:12 PM
Anyone who thinks Broncos get a 1st and a 3rd for Marshal is kidding themselves. If we tender him high IMO no teams will sign him. Why give up big money and 2 picks for a guy who really has honesty issues?

Broncos will tender him high, no teams will give him a good offer, Broncos will find a trade partner and sign and trade for maybe a 2nd round pick. Maybe even less.

First time I think I ever thought you posted something retarded, seriously. I've always thought you made at least some sense in yours posts but this one was way off. I'm having a hard time even typing I'm laughing so hard. You don't think BM is worth a 2nd, or possibly less, oh, and that he has honesty issues. is this Football or The Days Of Our Lives? Talkin bout honesty issues, for real.

rastaman
01-05-2010, 06:14 PM
Rastaman?

Yes Rusty...how can I be of assistance?;)

Mr.Meanie
01-05-2010, 06:17 PM
Easy:

1. Fire Josh McDaniels,
2. Cut Orton and Moreno,
5. Kill Ty Law
7. Royal plays slot

This

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-05-2010, 06:22 PM
All Shanny needs is Scheffler and Hillis!8')

Brandon needs to comeback next year to antagonize the shiiit out of McD! Instead of Brandon making those gains out from McD's dink and dunk BS offense with his gay ass bubble screens, Brandon simple needs to play like Gaffney and go down with the first tackle and not break his neck trying to catch Ortons BS circus throws. Can't bench him for not playing like he did in 2009 during the 2010 season. Teams already know what Bmarsh is capable and will realize Marshall is only stalling for time until his parole from the Broncos become a reality in 011 or 012.

What! Whats McD going to do? He should have not gotten greedy and decitful with making it too difficult to trade Marshall in the first place. Now Brandon has become his nightmare.

Uh oh! Grandpa got into the cold medicine!

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-05-2010, 06:22 PM

I love it when the joke is lost on the person it's being made about.

Dukes
01-05-2010, 06:23 PM

Disabling your account for starters.

ZONA
01-05-2010, 06:30 PM
Easy:

1. Fire Josh McDaniels,
2. Cut Orton and Moreno,
5. Kill Ty Law
7. Royal plays slot

1. Not yet, he deserves another year or 2.

2. I wouldn't cut Orton but I sure as hell wouldn't give him anything more then a 1 year deal right now. Moreno can still be a nice part of the team, but he's not big time, he's part time.

3. Hell Yes

4. I'd keep Gaffney as #2 or #3, depends on how Royal bounces back. I'd keep Dawk, still playing awesome, same with Champ. The rest can leave.

5. He's so old he'll be dead soon enough anyway. They don't allow wheelchairs on the field so I doubt we see him on the team next year.

6. Yes, starting RB, that's it. Leave it at that.

7. I don't care where he plays, just as long as he gets some MF balls thrown to him.

8. No Thanks. I'd move up maybe 2 or 3 slots to take Bradford but not higher then that.

9. Saban failed in the NFL, not sure he would do anything special this time around. No Thanks. He's just one of those great college guys like Carroll is.

mhgaffney
01-05-2010, 06:47 PM
You guys forget that if Moreno had stayed in school he would only be a junior this year.

The kid is sooo young. He will be fine.

ScottXray
01-05-2010, 06:50 PM

Secondly, if we do, we should go for GOOD YOUNG PROVEN VETS and not draft picks.

If for some retarded reason we do trade him for picks, the MINIMUM should be a 1st and a 3rd. Anything less is utterly ridiculous.

+1 ...but I would say a 1st and Second this year or two firsts in consequitive years should be the minimum. I'd actually want more, so a good
vet LB thrown in would also be nice.

He is worth 2 firsts minimum, and thats no bull.

~Crash~
01-05-2010, 06:52 PM

So what you are really saying is we are broke .

AlphaOmega
01-05-2010, 06:53 PM

Yea! what he said!

ZONA
01-05-2010, 07:00 PM
You guys forget that if Moreno had stayed in school he would only be a junior this year.

So he's young, who cares. He still won't get any faster. Like I said, the kid is tough and he could easily take half the snaps next year but I don't see premier playmaker in him and I hope Josh doesn't stay with Buckhalter, we need somebody on the field more often. I sure hope he uses Hillis more, as he said he hopes to.

meangene
01-05-2010, 07:04 PM

There will be a ton of RFA out there. I would be shocked if teams starting doing that. Besides, with no CBA and no cap, it would be difficult to come up with a poison pill we couldn't match if we wanted to. The idea is I would be thrilled to get the first and third for him. Really no need for a team to come up with a poison pill. The biggest problem may be finding a team willing to pay him what he THINKS he's worth.

Broncoman13
01-05-2010, 07:13 PM
Moreno is going to be such a badass next year. Historically RBs are much better in year two. Take a look at a few RBs like Jamal Charles, Ray Rice, and It goes on and on. The overwhelming majority of 2nd yr RBs are improved. Love what we have in Knowshon. And please don't bring up speed. TD, Mike Anderson, Peyton Hillis, Mike Bell and just about any other RB other than Tatum and Portis were slower or equal in speed. His speed is fine and if McD sees it as a major issue, he'll draft a Spiller or Best type.

cabronco
01-05-2010, 07:24 PM
So he's young, who cares. He still won't get any faster. Like I said, the kid is tough and he could easily take half the snaps next year but I don't see premier playmaker in him and I hope Josh doesn't stay with Buckhalter, we need somebody on the field more often. I sure hope he uses Hillis more, as he said he hopes to.

I hate to say it, but I would be surprised if Hillis is still around next year as a Bronco. McD did not utilize him as a rb this year besides just a few carries. Us Hillis supporters know what he's capable of. I thought McD gave a shady answer in his last end of season press conference , to why he didnt use Hillis more during the seson and why he didnt get many carries. His response was, he got 1 carry during the Philly game and made some remark that it would be shallow thinking on his part that Moreno couldnt do it, whatever that meant , I dont know. I just think since he didnt go to him this year , after so many failed 3rd and short attempts by Moreno. He doesnt think that highly of Hillis for whatever reason, and will be gone. Maybe Shanahan will pick him up..

Popps
01-05-2010, 07:31 PM
Hillis go bye-bye.

BroncoBen
01-05-2010, 07:36 PM

And the Broncos have been successful with Brandon Marshall...? Last I heard BMarsh has done nothing to help get the Broncos into the playoffs.

Drek
01-05-2010, 09:06 PM
So he's young, who cares. He still won't get any faster.
Says who?

He's 22 and so likely has not peaked physically. Many collegians improve their speed numbers significantly from their first year in college to their last.

The assumption that speed can not be gained through superior conditioning and training is about as accurate as the notion that arm strength can't be gained through those same methods. Ask Tom Brady and Drew Brees if they throw the same as they did as collegiate seniors, or better yet as sophomores.

Like I said, the kid is tough and he could easily take half the snaps next year but I don't see premier playmaker in him
People said the same thing about Tiki Barber.

I sure hope he uses Hillis more, as he said he hopes to.
I sure hope Hillis knows his assignments and responsibilities next year.

Broncoman13
01-05-2010, 10:38 PM
Says who?

He's 22 and so likely has not peaked physically. Many collegians improve their speed numbers significantly from their first year in college to their last.

The assumption that speed can not be gained through superior conditioning and training is about as accurate as the notion that arm strength can't be gained through those same methods. Ask Tom Brady and Drew Brees if they throw the same as they did as collegiate seniors, or better yet as sophomores.

People said the same thing about Tiki Barber.

I sure hope Hillis knows his assignments and responsibilities next year.

Man I always love your posts... keep'em coming.

I have a friend that went to a DII school. He was a WR and not very fast. He said he was able to improve his 40 time into the 4.5 range with a technique called "over-speed training". I didn't know him at the time but I can tell you that at 40 years old he is still quick and very explosive. I imagine Knowshon has already improved his 40 time to close to as much as it's going to go... but the thing is, some guys that run a 4.3 40 just aren't fast in pads. Tatum Bell is the perfect example. 4.35 40 yard dash time and he just wasn't that fast when he suited up. Conversely, Mike Anderson out ran a younger (the faster version) Shawn Springs. There is so much more than speed at the RB position it's funny people are still bringing it up. Case in point, DJ Williams ran in the 4.4s at Miami... did you notice Donovan McNabb out run him a few weeks ago? So much more than just speed. I look for a RB to have balance and not go down easily and to gain yardage after contact. I've seen that from Knowshon when he isn't tackled behind the LOS due to poor blocking.

The biggest gap in Knowshon's game right now is his vision. We don't run a lot of different running plays so this one is somewhat puzzling. We tried to overcome that deficiency by putting a FB in front of him and allowing Knowshon to follow the FB to the correct hole. Problem was Peyton Hillis would more often than not miss the read himself. Not surprising that Hillis didn't get more carries when he couldn't carry out his assignments at his natural position. The good news is both will be that much more well versed in this system next year. Hillis may or may not be back. I think McD likes his skillset and will look to "coach him up" in order to use him more effectively. No secret, McD wants smart players that grasp his offense. Same can be said for Eddie Royal's future. I expect a lot more out of those guys in year two under McD.

Beantown Bronco
01-06-2010, 07:34 AM

How many times did the kid get kept back? His birthday is 7-16-87. That means he turned 22 just after his sophomore year ended.

bowtown
01-06-2010, 07:42 AM
How many times did the kid get kept back? His birthday is 7-16-87. That means he turned 22 just after his sophomore year ended.

He probably took a year before college to follow Phish and find himself.