PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Marshall Interview with The Fan

hambone13
01-05-2010, 12:25 AM
http://www.fm1043thefan.com/channels/audioOnDemand/Story.aspx?id=1181090
I am certain that I will be rehashing many things that have been said in other threads but I want to focus on this interview. There are a lot of Brandon Marshall doubters out there and I've never been one of them. I've never supported the BS that he's displayed but always supported his youth as an explanation for not letting him go away. This interview baffles me. Brandon is REAL. He's not BS'n anyone? Stink even supports him with it? This is not a TO type head case. He's a kid that doesn't understand politics IMO. For the record, I despise politics as a premise for organizational development.

Based on what I hear here, I don't think BM is the issue. The Broncos medical staff is way too questionable for him to not call himself out of the game. I have so much more to say but....here we go.

hambone13
01-05-2010, 12:39 AM
I know the comments are going to start pouring in about how "BM avoided direct questions" and such. I just want to say, he was excellent at diverting those questions that could be detrimental to the team and focused on himself and the details of the situation. He was a class act when speaking about the organization and McEgo.

The next part that will be focused on is, "Brandon is focused on his contract and not the team."

My response; Why shouldn't he be? He's produced, played through previous injuries and been shafted by the medical staff before. Why wouldn't he protect his business interests? I recognize the value of a player like Rod Smith who wouldn't have gotten playing time with almost any other coach than Shanny but seriously.....pay the man.

I see the, "We can get stellar production out of a Gaffney"...but seriously, Gaffney? I'll give him a great game and all but was that just McD showcasing a WR and/or lack of defensive adjustment on "KC'S!!!" DC's part?

more to come....

Popps
01-05-2010, 12:41 AM
His teammates collectively wanted him off the field.

That tells you all you need to know.

hambone13
01-05-2010, 12:46 AM

You crack me up. Your capacity to take a press release or two and make it reality is ridiculous. You're typically the one to down play that sort of thing straight away if it supports your agenda. Did you listen to the interview? Even Stink's thoughts show he feels the situation was suspect.

DivineLegion
01-05-2010, 12:50 AM
Stink said the Broncos would never win more than 4 games.

hambone13
01-05-2010, 12:55 AM

As did the large majority of this forum and the rest of the planet. If you don't think Stink is objective about character issues, then you don't know him and should move along little tiny doggy.

Taco John
01-05-2010, 01:18 AM

He eternally loses his experience as an NFL player because he was bad at preseason pick-em?

watermock
01-05-2010, 01:31 AM
Your kidding me right?

The moves for the Broncos have been roundly critical by almost ever media source.

If it wern't for nolan making a silk purse out of a sow's ear for most of the season, we may of well been 6-10.

New girl on the street, seems so sweet...

fontaine
01-05-2010, 01:31 AM
He eternally loses his experience as an NFL player because he was bad at preseason pick-em?

Hilarious!

watermock
01-05-2010, 01:41 AM
name someone who had us going 6-0 then 2-8....

Fact is, most had us going anywhere from 5-11 to 8-8.

BTW, what did you pick Fontaine?

hambone13
01-05-2010, 01:54 AM
Your kidding me right?

The moves for the Broncos have been roundly critical by almost ever media source.

If it wern't for nolan making a silk purse out of a sow's ear for most of the season, we may of well been 6-10.

New girl on the street, seems so sweet...

6-10 is generous given our closing. I hate to bring it up but even Chicago closed out the season with some vigor. Wouldn't Denver vs. KC be analogous to Chicago vs. Detroit...even w/o the possibility of the playoffs?

watermock
01-05-2010, 02:19 AM
You think Schereth is a softball interviewer Popps?

Did you listen to the piece in it's entirety?

We'll see how the net 2 years go God willing...I'm not holding my breath with McD.

I could reguritate crow up and tell you to eat it, but I won't, and you wouldn't.

BTW, I didn't eat crow. I saw this coming a mile away.

Bigdawg26
01-05-2010, 08:48 AM
Brandon is holding out because Ty Law wouldn't have interrupted his interview. There is something that Marshall did in order to get benched and he is as good as gone and he knows it. And he really doesn't want to be there. He'll be in Washington with Shanny, but at least we get their first and third round pick.

WolfpackGuy
01-05-2010, 08:54 AM

The Broncos themselves won 4 games.

Their accountability won the other 4.

TD30
01-05-2010, 09:18 AM
The Broncos themselves won 4 games.

Their accountability won the other 4.

Hilarious!

Thats right at least they are accountable.

vancejohnson82
01-05-2010, 09:44 AM
You think Schereth is a softball interviewer Popps?

Did you listen to the piece in it's entirety?

We'll see how the net 2 years go God willing...I'm not holding my breath with McD.

I could reguritate crow up and tell you to eat it, but I won't, and you wouldn't.

BTW, I didn't eat crow. I saw this coming a mile away.

no....you didnt eat crow

your whole posse of "fans" stopped coming to the board and it was actually a pleasant place to read about the Broncos...now your school of baboons is back in full force since the team failed

and BTW, if you are going to start a thread trying to have a discourse, you automatically lose credibility when you say McDoosh or McDoofus or McEgo....i wish one of you would come up with a better nickname

55CrushEm
01-05-2010, 09:44 AM
I saw this coming a mile away.

Sure you did, Mock.

So if you have this crystal ball, why didn't it warn you about the peanut butter?

uplink
01-05-2010, 09:53 AM
Just guessing but I'd say:

1) in the tape room team noticed BMarsh taking plays off in the Eagles game
2) he was called out and an argument occurred which did not make BMarsh look like a team guy
3) he had the injury and his issue with the broncos medical staff came up in his head
4) he missed getting his hammy treated which made his team mates think he was not doing all he could to win against the chefs - might have even made an anti broncos comment in the locker room due to his issue with the medical staff
5) 2 anti-team things in the same week and the vets were pissed and went to McD
6) McD deactivated BMarsh

ant1999e
01-05-2010, 09:59 AM
I know the comments are going to start pouring in about how "BM avoided direct questions" and such. I just want to say, he was excellent at diverting those questions that could be detrimental to the team and focused on himself and the details of the situation. He was a class act when speaking about the organization and McEgo.

This kills your credibility.

WABronco
01-05-2010, 10:13 AM
I don't know why he even bothers to try to say the right things anymore. Your act is old, bro.

Dagmar
01-05-2010, 10:23 AM
This kills your credibility.

He doesn't have any to kill.

Ramathorn
01-05-2010, 10:23 AM
Im on bmarshs side. Our medical staff is a joke. They must all be pre med baffoons from some junior college.

TailgateNut
01-05-2010, 10:27 AM
Im on bmarshs side. Our medical staff is a joke. They must all be pre med baffoons from some junior college.

...and this is based on..???? Your opinion?

ZONA
01-05-2010, 10:38 AM
Anybody still hating on BM after this year is a frickin retard. He thanks McD for helping him grow as a player and person and his maturation. I don't know who that retard in the interview was (not BM, not Schlereth, not Alfred, but that other clown) but he tried to tell Marshall he doesn't like McD and Marshall kept saying he likes McD. What an ass clown.

How the hell do you listen to this interview and say BM did anything wrong. BM personally wanted to clear this up and say he didn't do anything wrong. My god, he was 20 minutes late for rehab, OMG, trade the guy right now.

This is frickin stupid. You people who don't want him here for whatever reasons are retards.

Dagmar
01-05-2010, 10:41 AM
Anybody still hating on BM after this year is a frickin retard. He thanks McD for helping him grow as a player and person and his maturation. I don't know who that retard in the interview was (not BM, not Schlereth, not Alfred, but that other clown) but he tried to tell Marshall he doesn't like McD and Marshall kept saying he likes McD. What an ass clown.

How the hell do you listen to this interview and say BM did anything wrong. BM personally wanted to clear this up and say he didn't do anything wrong. My god, he was 20 minutes late for rehab, OMG, trade the guy right now.

This is frickin stupid. You people who don't want him here for whatever reasons are retards.

His production is amazing, but the guy had issues with Cutler, Shanahan, the commisioner, McDaniels and a collection of team leaders this year. I LOVE his production and wish he had the maturity of a Fitzgerald, but there is definitely something up with the guy. And he is still a **** up away from a long suspension.

TailgateNut
01-05-2010, 10:47 AM
His production is amazing, but the guy had issues with Cutler, Shanahan, the commisioner, McDaniels and a collection of team leaders this year. I LOVE his production and wish he had the maturity of a Fitzgerald, but there is definitely something up with the guy. And he is still a **** up away from a long suspension.

Yep!

ZONA
01-05-2010, 10:50 AM

I'll give you that he had early problems this year but since his suspension, he has had NO problems with McD and the other players. They are the ones who had a problem with him this last week and BM cleared things up in a professional manner. I think Josh even realizes it was a mistake to bench him this week. So he was 20 minutes late to a rehab session. Alfred even said that was not a big deal at all and certainly would not warrant him being benched.

I listened to this interview a second time and I don't think anything BM did was in question or wrong or his fault. He brings up a very good point that when you are winning, nothing really comes of small locker room things. When you lose 8 out of 10, little things like being late by 20 minutes gets blown out of proportion.

Dagmar
01-05-2010, 10:53 AM
To be honest if we go into next year with Royal and Gaffney at one and two but have improved both lines significantly Id be perfectly happy. I know most people wont see it that way!

ZONA
01-05-2010, 11:00 AM
To be honest if we go into next year with Royal and Gaffney at one and two but have improved both lines significantly Id be perfectly happy. I know most people wont see it that way!

No sir. Gaffney nor Royal are true #1 WR's. It's fine if you want to believe that but I don't think McD or any other coach believes that you have a better WR squad without BM then with him. I like Gaffney and Royal very much but I'm not going to sit here and call them better WR's the BM, hell no.

Dagmar
01-05-2010, 11:04 AM
No sir. Gaffney nor Royal are true #1 WR's. It's fine if you want to believe that but I don't think McD or any other coach believes that you have a better WR squad without BM then with him. I like Gaffney and Royal very much but I'm not going to sit here and call them better WR's the BM, hell no.

At no point did I say our WR core would be better, losing BM would make us weaker at WR but if the picks we receive make us better in the trenches, on both lines then I would be up for it.
Better in the trenches & weaker at WR > Crap in the trenches & Marshall.

Taco John
01-05-2010, 11:10 AM

Sounds like a quick path to another 8-8 season to me.

Dagmar
01-05-2010, 11:14 AM

Really? Being able to run the ball and not giving up 300 yards on the ground to losers like the Chiefs? Keeping B Marsh is going to be the difference to a winning season? And if he is injured / suspended week one, we finish what 4 - 12?

kamakazi_kal
01-05-2010, 11:30 AM

Well Fitz does have millions of reasons to act mature..... Not that it's justified but I think that's the point.

oubronco
01-05-2010, 11:34 AM
Well Fitz does have millions of reasons to act mature..... Not that it's justified but I think that's the point.

and is THE point

kamakazi_kal
01-05-2010, 11:42 AM
and is THE point

Thought that was plain to see ..... Marsh wants his money.

WABronco
01-05-2010, 11:49 AM
I laugh at you guys who just suck down this latest batch of "Oh I love Coach. I only want what's best for the team. It's not up to me."

The fact is the guy's a headache. Has been since he started playing football. You think he's going to be Rod Smith? I thought he already had reformed into the next Rod Smith after his training camp shenanigans. He is going to be Brandon Marshall for the rest of his career--the same guy he's been. So quit with the "Oh he's so genuine" BS. Kenard probably told him to knock that malcontent **** off, at least for the time being. Point is if this Marshall garbage has reached a saturation point where the team and FO literally don't want anymore from him, that's end of story (and it should be).

Randy Moss, despite being on a good team and in a good situation, still has that potential to be RANDY MOSS. But you still want Moss on your team, 99% of the time. But if he's gonna act like a jagoff enough times to push that "All right enough of your ****"-o-meter then that's that.

You think the front office and coaches dont feel just a little timid about giving him a large portion of guaranteed money? You're crazy.

BLAH BLAH BLAH

Northman
01-05-2010, 01:30 PM
I laugh at you guys who just suck down this latest batch of "Oh I love Coach. I only want what's best for the team. It's not up to me."

The fact is the guy's a headache. Has been since he started playing football. You think he's going to be Rod Smith? I thought he already had reformed into the next Rod Smith after his training camp shenanigans. He is going to be Brandon Marshall for the rest of his career--the same guy he's been. So quit with the "Oh he's so genuine" BS. Kenard probably told him to knock that malcontent **** off, at least for the time being. Point is if this Marshall garbage has reached a saturation point where the team and FO literally don't want anymore from him, that's end of story (and it should be).

Randy Moss, despite being on a good team and in a good situation, still has that potential to be RANDY MOSS. But you still want Moss on your team, 99% of the time. But if he's gonna act like a jagoff enough times to push that "All right enough of your ****"-o-meter then that's that.

You think the front office and coaches dont feel just a little timid about giving him a large portion of guaranteed money? You're crazy.

BLAH BLAH BLAH

No **** right. Same Brandon, same BS.

BigPlayShay
01-05-2010, 01:34 PM

BLAH BLAH BLAH

Agreed. I can't understand why a lot of people here are so willing to give Marshall 2nd, 3rd, 500th chances (I am guilty of this as well), but they are not willing to give McDaniels another chance. It's hypocritical. Marshall is a wolf in Orange and Blue clothing.

bombay
01-05-2010, 01:40 PM
<HR style="COLOR: #ff0000" SIZE=1> <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
I listened to that interview yesterday. When Marshall speaks he sounds so damned sincere (when moron dmac isn't interrupting) that it's really hard not to be drawn in.

His actions, however, belie his words.

LRtagger
01-05-2010, 01:52 PM

Probably what many Cowboys fans thought coming into the season.

Oh nevermind...the Cowboys were already set along the lines on both sides of the ball.

I'll take an all-pro offensive line over an all-pro receiver. The only question in my mind is would the acquired picks go towards all-pro line talent. Eddie Royal can be the next Miles Austin.

fontaine
01-05-2010, 02:01 PM
Agreed. I can't understand why a lot of people here are so willing to give Marshall 2nd, 3rd, 500th chances (I am guilty of this as well), but they are not willing to give McDaniels another chance. It's hypocritical. Marshall is a wolf in Orange and Blue clothing.

Marshall doesn't need any 2nd or 3rd chances. Anyone who thinks the guy will change his spots was born yesterday.

He's the same guy now as he was weeks ago when we were winning and he was seen shouting at Moreno.

The only difference is that now that the Broncos failed the media, fans all want to find some one to take the blame and vent their frustration.

Marshall is an idiot but he's NOT an idiot that's going to cost this team games. By himself he's won two/three games a season for us since last year.

Thankfully the coaches and guys who make decisions in dove valley aren't prone to childish knee jerk reactions. Marshall and McD have maintained they have a good relationship and he'll be back next year, not because he's such a great guy but because he wins games for us.

People can talk about the Patriot way till their blue in the face, but the fact is Moss still takes plays off and was recently punished for being late I think so please let's stop with the holier than thou bull****.

Bronco Yoda
01-05-2010, 02:07 PM
Sad thing is all of this is really based around his contract not his play. From ALL SIDES!

One has to wonder if maybe Bowlen has already decided that he doesn't want to take a chance on him for this contract. I could understand that. But this will be another PR nightmare. Maybe they're getting in front of this now. Not really fare to the player and probably a little confusing to someone that's immature and not all that sophisticated.

And don't think that his agent will be trying to give BM life coach lessons. The best thing for the agents pocket book will be for BM's butt on the bidding block.

...And don't think for a second that the team vets like Dawkins & Champ aren't sitting back watching BM's impending payday and aren't thinking a few things..... like... If he get's his, which one of us is going to be hitting the road. Or this kid better be giving blood and then some for all this money he's going to be getting. I'm not saying they're out to get him, but they certainly aren't cutting him any slack. This would make sense if they indeed really went to coach this week. (btw, Daks and Champ are among my fave's, but you still have to keep it real when considering whats going on.)

I also wouldn't doubt that BM might have gotten caught up with a disgruntled Schef which would have only added fuel to the fire for BM.

Then you have Mr. Coach emotional who thinks everyone's just going to automatically read between the lines. "I'm going to tell the players to go get some physical therapy" (wink, wink) but they better damn well argue against this and instead beg for tape time and then volunteer to shovel the snow off my drive way afterwords. Or else!.....

Yes, this would be nice. That's what you want. But you have to realize that this sort of mindset isn't always natural to some.

Then we have Brandon himself. Still very young, immature (but growing) runs hot and emotional. He's impetuous and not all that savvy just yet. But then who among us were at his age.

It boils down to this. This team needs a damn psychiatrist!

I'd really like to know if McD's public dressing down of BM was calculated or just an emotional loss of wits.

Steve Prefontaine
01-05-2010, 02:13 PM
Marshall doesn't need any 2nd or 3rd chances. Anyone who thinks the guy will change his spots was born yesterday.

He's the same guy now as he was weeks ago when we were winning and he was seen shouting at Moreno.

The only difference is that now that the Broncos failed the media, fans all want to find some one to take the blame and vent their frustration.

Marshall is an idiot but he's NOT an idiot that's going to cost this team games. By himself he's won two/three games a season for us since last year.

Thankfully the coaches and guys who make decisions in dove valley aren't prone to childish knee jerk reactions. Marshall and McD have maintained they have a good relationship and he'll be back next year, not because he's such a great guy but because he wins games for us.

People can talk about the Patriot way till their blue in the face, but the fact is Moss still takes plays off and was recently punished for being late I think so please let's stop with the holier than thou bull****.

Good post, but I think Denver was losing that game 13-0 in the 2nd quarter when Moreno fumbled at the goal line.

hambone13
01-05-2010, 07:48 PM

I couldn't agree more...but apparently it doesn't matter because Rusty says I have no credibility. Seemingly because I have a different opinion than the Popps regime.

Popps
01-05-2010, 09:10 PM
I couldn't agree more...but apparently it doesn't matter because Rusty says I have no credibility. Seemingly because I have a different opinion than the Popps regime.

It's not my "regime," it's my minions.

Get it right.

Oh, and I wouldn't get my hopes up about Brandy coming back. 4 suspensions/benching in 2 seasons... and he wants to be the highest paid WR in the game? (Allegedly)

Bowlen has made it clear that the blank checkbook for Travis Henry days are over. I can't imagine him here next season.

Frankly, I'll be happy to see the circus leave town. There are other guys who can catch footballs out there who aren't a continual discipline problem for the team. There are MANY better ways for this team to spend that kind of money.

Brandy can slap women and excuse himself from practices in another city next year.

strafen
01-05-2010, 09:25 PM
to be honest if we go into next year with royal and gaffney at one and two but have improved both lines significantly id be perfectly happy. I know most people wont see it that way!lmao!!!! :rofl:

Ratboy
01-05-2010, 09:32 PM

Show me where they said he wanted him off the field.

DivineLegion
01-05-2010, 09:45 PM

What would you say if John Clayton said the same thing? Stink may have the experience but he lost touch with this franchise 10 years ago. He is nothing but an analyst now, he's no better than Jamie Dukes at this point.

strafen
01-05-2010, 09:48 PM
<HR style="COLOR: #ff0000" SIZE=1> <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
I listened to that interview yesterday. When Marshall speaks he sounds so damned sincere (when moron dmac isn't interrupting) that it's really hard not to be drawn in.

His actions, however, belie his words.I listened to the whole interview live, too

I've been wanting Marshall gone since last year.
He continually keeps getting second chances one after another.
That said, he did something this season that made me go against my belief, and that is, he showed some maturity I've never thought he had.
I've never thought he would be embacing McDaniels in public.
It takes a lot to do that after their rocky start.
I quite honestly thought he wouldn't even play this year at all after all the pre-season and TC turmoil.
Still, Marshall came back, and played lights out this season.
To imply his teammates wanted him benched is uttlerly ridiculous.
He was the top offensive player on our team this year.

Now, I'm not about to bet the ranch Marshall would stay out of trouble this off-season. I've seen enough to know better.
That said, he wants to be back, he wants to be a bronco, but he has some bagagge he needs to get rid off.
If the Broncos wants to sign him, they need to protect themselves against any possible misconduct by Marshall in the off-season that can earn him a big time suspension by the league, and the Broncos don't want that.

Money shouldn't be an issue in signing Marshall, but the way his contract should be worded to include stipulations pertaining to the NFL conduct policy may stall the negotiations.
I still believe that if given a set of attainable rules by which he would need to abide by, that Marshall would take up on it as a personal challenge to prove he's the changed man he claims to be...

BigPlayShay
01-05-2010, 09:48 PM

Champ was on the fan this evening. While he didn't say that he thought he knew what the punishment should be, he did say that Brandon deserved some sort of punishment:

http://www.fm1043thefan.com/channels/audioOnDemand/Story.aspx?ID=1181516

He also goes on to say that there is a place for him on this team should they choose to bring him back.

strafen
01-05-2010, 09:52 PM

Darrel Reid was on the Fan today.
He denied those reports...

Broncoman13
01-05-2010, 09:53 PM
"beat the hell out of the Chargers", one of Brandon Marshall's goals... how can you not like the guy? ;D

strafen
01-05-2010, 10:00 PM
"beat the hell out of the Chargers", one of Brandon Marshall's goals... how can you not like the guy? ;DThat was funny.
I never knew he was that passionate about it... :thumbsup:

Popps
01-05-2010, 10:13 PM
Darrel Reid was on the Fan today.
He denied those reports...

Do you really think guys are going to come out and give the full story?

None of them denied the meeting and demanding accountability.

The rest is just connecting the dots.

strafen
01-05-2010, 10:25 PM

The rest is just connecting the dots.When you didn't have a chance to listen to what it was asked and said, you just can't assume something so generic.
Scott Hastings wasn't sugar coating the questions. It's not like Scott just asked a question, took the answer, and moved on. He was pressing on for answers
Darrell Reid was put on the spot, and he categorically denied it.
Should I call Reid a liar? :crazy:

As far as calling someone out for performance/accountability issues, like the captains felt was the reason for their meeting, Marshall's name is not what would first come to mind, is it?
I didn't think so either...

Broncoman13
01-06-2010, 06:11 AM
Al also had "a starter on the offense tell him that there were people including himself that were not happy Marshall was benched." Then they went on to talk about some of the questions that were asked of McD during his end of year. 103 minutes and detailed answers... 'cept for one. Divided team? McD, "no". Next question.

TailgateNut
01-06-2010, 06:57 AM
Champ was on the fan this evening. While he didn't say that he thought he knew what the punishment should be, he did say that Brandon deserved some sort of punishment:

He also goes on to say that there is a place for him on this team should they choose to bring him back.

Nothin but RESPECT for Champ. He is a Pro and and knows what effort is required to succed in the NFL. Obviously Brandon does NOT and didn't give a ****.

He has, in my mind screwed the pooch, and that is why he was benched, and deserved to be benched.

TailgateNut
01-06-2010, 07:01 AM
When you didn't have a chance to listen to what it was asked and said, you just can't assume something so generic.
Scott Hastings wasn't sugar coating the questions. It's not like Scott just asked a question, took the answer, and moved on. He was pressing on for answers
Darrell Reid was put on the spot, and he categorically denied it.
Should I call Reid a liar? :crazy:

As far as calling someone out for performance/accountability issues, like the captains felt was the reason for their meeting, Marshall's name is not what would first come to mind, is it?
I didn't think so either...

Are you calling Champ a liar?

He attempted to stay as "PC", as possible, but it was clear that Brandon was dogging it. Just listen to his comments about the other Flava Clowns. They may be Clowns, but THEY do what's required to make the teams successful.

Kinda tells the story without the pictures you might need to understand the story.

hambone13
01-06-2010, 11:10 PM

BLAH BLAH BLAH

I will concede that Moss and Marshall are similar not that TO and Marshall are similar. I want a coach who is capable of harnessing the personalities of the Moss's and Marshall's of the NFL world as Hoodie has done with Moss. I hope McDaniels does what he said he was going to do in his presser and really evaluates himself in that capacity.

hambone13
01-06-2010, 11:14 PM
Sad thing is all of this is really based around his contract not his play. From ALL SIDES!

One has to wonder if maybe Bowlen has already decided that he doesn't want to take a chance on him for this contract. I could understand that. But this will be another PR nightmare. Maybe they're getting in front of this now. Not really fare to the player and probably a little confusing to someone that's immature and not all that sophisticated.

And don't think that his agent will be trying to give BM life coach lessons. The best thing for the agents pocket book will be for BM's butt on the bidding block.

...And don't think for a second that the team vets like Dawkins & Champ aren't sitting back watching BM's impending payday and aren't thinking a few things..... like... If he get's his, which one of us is going to be hitting the road. Or this kid better be giving blood and then some for all this money he's going to be getting. I'm not saying they're out to get him, but they certainly aren't cutting him any slack. This would make sense if they indeed really went to coach this week. (btw, Daks and Champ are among my fave's, but you still have to keep it real when considering whats going on.)

I also wouldn't doubt that BM might have gotten caught up with a disgruntled Schef which would have only added fuel to the fire for BM.

Then you have Mr. Coach emotional who thinks everyone's just going to automatically read between the lines. "I'm going to tell the players to go get some physical therapy" (wink, wink) but they better damn well argue against this and instead beg for tape time and then volunteer to shovel the snow off my drive way afterwords. Or else!.....

Yes, this would be nice. That's what you want. But you have to realize that this sort of mindset isn't always natural to some.

Then we have Brandon himself. Still very young, immature (but growing) runs hot and emotional. He's impetuous and not all that savvy just yet. But then who among us were at his age.

It boils down to this. This team needs a damn psychiatrist!

I'd really like to know if McD's public dressing down of BM was calculated or just an emotional loss of wits.

Great thoughts. I agree that it's not as simple as the Flava-Clown regime likes to get on...There's something to be said for a wise and experienced coach who exercises his ego and experiences in a creative and team productive fashion.

hambone13
01-06-2010, 11:23 PM
It's not my "regime," it's my minions.

Get it right.

Oh, and I wouldn't get my hopes up about Brandy coming back. 4 suspensions/benching in 2 seasons... and he wants to be the highest paid WR in the game? (Allegedly)

Bowlen has made it clear that the blank checkbook for Travis Henry days are over. I can't imagine him here next season.

Frankly, I'll be happy to see the circus leave town. There are other guys who can catch footballs out there who aren't a continual discipline problem for the team. There are MANY better ways for this team to spend that kind of money.

Brandy can slap women and excuse himself from practices in another city next year.

"Minions", noted! It's not about my hopes to bring him back as much as it is my hopes that our coach gains some capacity for helping a talented, seemingly good hearted kid with some character development. I'm not talking about the ability to say the right thing in a press conference, I'm referring to actually mentoring him into the man we all hope he can be.

I understand the risk of a large contract but the only thing I've seen about Brandon's desire for guaranteed money that drives him to "non-team" oriented behavior related to his health, is that he doesn't want it to not happen because he's mis-handled by the medical staff. If I was in his shoes I'd be apprehensive about giving it my all on a contract year as well.

hambone13
01-06-2010, 11:29 PM

He didn't say he deserved punishment, he said he believed McDaniels wouldn't do it unless he had evidence. That's about the safest thing a veteran could say . He also said, he wasn't in the meeting that so many claimed he probably was, that supposedly went to McDaniels and seemingly asked for this discipline. He's one of the captains and he wasn't there...sounds like a personal thing more than a team thing to me.

hambone13
01-06-2010, 11:30 PM

The rest is just connecting the dots.

Champ specifically said he wasn't aware of this sort of player movement and certainly wasn't a part of it.

ZONA
01-07-2010, 01:32 AM
McD is not getting rid of an NFL record holding probowl WR that is 6'5 235 pounds who is an absolute nightmare match up problem for other teams who is just entering his prime years. If he felt like benching him because he felt BM might have been able to play then that was his choice (although I sense he feels now that it might have been a bad choice). McD said he is stepping away for a few weeks so he doesn't make any knee jerk reaction moves. He is obviously upset how the season ended but is not going to make a huge mistake by getting rid of BM. Some of you hot heads who want him gone should do the same. Take a few weeks off and go back and watch some tape and realize how good this guy is and how important to this offense he is. You can't just go out there with #2's and #3's and win in this league. I don't care how good of a play caller or offensive game planner Josh thinks he is, you gotta have players.

montrose
01-07-2010, 04:04 AM
I'm thinking Marshall's actually back next year, if for no other reason than the impending lockout. He's going to be tendered at a 1st and 3rd and you've got to wonder how many teams are going to want to give him the big deal that appeases him AND surrender those picks for a guy with his risks and the possiblity of no football in 2011. If the Broncos really, really want him gone than I can see him dealt for less than his market value - and that just might be the case if McD and co. are fed up. But if they're not or if they think his value is just too high to let walk for anything less than a 1st round pick - I wouldn't be suprised to see Marshall playing here next year under his 1-year tender contract as I'm thinking a lot of these RFAs will be.

DarkHorse
01-07-2010, 04:16 AM
I had us going 4-12 at the beginning of the season so i'm not crying like a baby as most around here are.

bloodsunday
01-07-2010, 06:08 AM
I actually don't think this guy is as good as the contract he'll get. I don't think we could "replace" him. But if we can get Eddie Royal right, we can have a fine substitute. Let's be honest, Brandon Marshall played Wes Welker, and not Randy Moss, in the offense this year. The numbers speak for themselves.

He's a perennial attitude problem. He's still on a short leash with the league. He wants to get paid. He only averages 12.3 YPC over his career (3 of those 4 years with Cutler). That average would be good for 61st in the league this year.