PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to my Alama mater!

BoiseBluTurf
01-04-2010, 10:40 PM
HELL YEA BRONCOS... HELL YEA!

That is all,

Michael

~Crash~
01-04-2010, 10:42 PM
I am from Idaho and yes I am so damn happy for them !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bpc
01-04-2010, 11:03 PM
Congrats. Great win against a very good opponent. I don't think many people thought Boise was going to beat TCU.

Peterson is just blazing a trail over there.

Taco John
01-04-2010, 11:32 PM
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/1/4/129071464481328677.jpg

Taco John
01-04-2010, 11:45 PM
Seriously though. Congratulations.

Jealous congratulations. But congratulations nonetheless.

broncocalijohn
01-04-2010, 11:46 PM
another exciting 4th quarter in a big time bowl game by Boise. Loved the fake punt and that was the deciding factor in the game. Great Defense to stop TCU. Not too many had the Broncos winning that one. Amazing what that school has done this decade.

BoiseBluTurf
01-05-2010, 12:00 AM
Seriously though. Congratulations.

Jealous congratulations. But congratulations nonetheless.

Thanks Taco... one thing we can agree on... I would love to see Mike Iupati lined up next to Ryan Clady next year! Any chance Broncos get him???

Taco John
01-05-2010, 12:23 AM
Thanks Taco... one thing we can agree on... I would love to see Mike Iupati lined up next to Ryan Clady next year! Any chance Broncos get him???

I would fall in love with McDaniels all over again if he pulled it off. That would be an exciting duo to have on the line. I would even say EPIC duo.

Dude, you're playing with my emotions man.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PWdvfRhTruw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PWdvfRhTruw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nhFMZROcNZ8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nhFMZROcNZ8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

BoiseBluTurf
01-05-2010, 07:42 PM
[QUOTE=Taco John;2704747]I would fall in love with McDaniels all over again if he pulled it off. That would be an exciting duo to have on the line. I would even say EPIC duo.

Dude, you're playing with my emotions man.

Where are they projecting him? Will he be there at 10?

orinjkrush
01-05-2010, 07:44 PM
the amazing thing is:" who the hell is Boise State and why are they intruding on my attention span."

who are those guys?

broncocalijohn
01-05-2010, 08:16 PM
BTW, in Idaho, do they teach the right way to spell Alma Mater?

SnowGoose77
01-05-2010, 08:24 PM
the amazing thing is:" who the hell is Boise State and why are they intruding on my attention span."

who are those guys?

They were a mediocre Div 1-AA team in the early 90's that went on to have the best winning percentage in college football this decade after moving up to 1-A or whatever it's called now. 4 undefeated seasons out of the last 6. They went from the Big West to the WAC and hopefully soon the Mountain West so they can get some more respect. And yes I know that was probably sarcasm but it's been pretty cool to live here and see it first hand. Go Big Blue!

GoHAM
01-05-2010, 09:27 PM
PFFF, has Boise ever won a big game without some sort of trickeration play? ??? Play straight up like the real teams do.

from the replies from the smart posters who realize that Wyoming had to run a fake punt in their Bowl game to win as well.

As a MWC fan, I hope Craig Thompson and the ADs are smart enough to invite Boise into our conference tomorrow. A conference with Utah, BYU, TCU, and Boise State, if that isn't an automatic qualifying BCS conference I don't know what is. Plus every ten years, when the stars align right and Wyoming challenges for a conference title, I want to see them in the Sugar Bowl again!

SnowGoose77
01-05-2010, 10:50 PM
Yeah the trick play reputation is a bummer. They played Oklahoma straight up and went blow to blow with them until the last play of regulation then 2 more trick plays in OT. They obviously don't have the physical talent of other top teams but to say they rely solely on trick plays isn't quite fair either. Either way, what they have done is impressive but better competition is needed for further respect. Going 11-2 in the MWC every year would be better than 13-0 in the WAC even if they don't get into the BCS in my useless opinion.

tsiguy96
01-05-2010, 10:53 PM
PFFF, has Boise ever won a big game without some sort of trickeration play? ??? Play straight up like the real teams do.

from the replies from the smart posters who realize that Wyoming had to run a fake punt in their Bowl game to win as well.

As a MWC fan, I hope Craig Thompson and the ADs are smart enough to invite Boise into our conference tomorrow. A conference with Utah, BYU, TCU, and Boise State, if that isn't an automatic qualifying BCS conference I don't know what is. Plus every ten years, when the stars align right and Wyoming challenges for a conference title, I want to see them in the Sugar Bowl again!

trick plays are a part of football. if the other "real team" is actually good, they will stop it. if they cant, they arent as good.

GoHAM
01-05-2010, 11:05 PM
Yeah the trick play reputation is a bummer. They played Oklahoma straight up and went blow to blow with them until the last play of regulation then 2 more trick plays in OT. They obviously don't have the physical talent of other top teams but to say they rely solely on trick plays isn't quite fair either. Either way, what they have done is impressive but better competition is needed for further respect. Going 11-2 in the MWC every year would be better than 13-0 in the WAC even if they don't get into the BCS in my useless opinion.

You're right, unfortunately for BSU sweeping the WAC every year is kind of meaningless, Fresno St is the only other decent WAC team, and they would be a mid level MWC team every year if they were in the MWC. I give as many props as I can to Boise, what they've done with where they're located, impressive!! I have total respect for their program, they seriously need a better conference to better showcase their program. The MWC has at least built a small amount of respect, mainly through Utah's accomplishments recently and BYU's National Championship in the mid '80's. Plus their strong appearances in Bowl games and against auto qualifying conferences. Adding BSU to our conference would give us 4 national level programs out of 10 teams and truly show the BCS committee or whatever it is how worthy the MWC (w/Boise) is of an auto slot in the BCS. I can't see how this is not a win win for Boise and the MWC it would virtually guarantee the MWC of 3-4 top 25 teams each season. Stupid for both not to do it right away.

Apologies if the beer is making my thoughts less than clear.:griese:

GoHAM
01-05-2010, 11:09 PM
trick plays are a part of football. if the other "real team" is actually good, they will stop it. if they cant, they arent as good.

Apparently your sarcasm meter is broken.

Too bad for you.

Let's fight!

:peace:

Doggcow
01-06-2010, 12:12 AM
Boise State needs to join a big boy conference if they want respect.

24champ
01-06-2010, 01:24 AM

The current BCS evaluation ends on July 1, 2010. So the MWC would have to invite Boise State before then. Then again they may not want to split the revenue one more way. It's not a slam dunk situation.

Particularly when it comes to this conference in inviting teams. Have to remember the MWC is only 11 years old and we bolted from the WAC because 1.) Karl Benson is a tool and 2.) The conference grew too big to keep the big rivalries and the revenue pie was split by too many schools.

There are also academics (All of the MWC teams are classified as "National Research Institutions". Boise State is not.) and types of facilities taken into consideration (Boise is improving their facilities). As well as location of the school, and what type of market it is in( Boise is small market) etc.

The decision rests solely on the MWC school presidents. NOT THE COMMISH or ADs. Craig Thompson is just a mouthpiece for the Presidents. Nothing more. The MWC Presidents goals are to get AQ status. None of the BCS suits have said we'll get AQ status if BSU is added. So I don't think they get in just yet and may have to wait till 2015.

All that being said, I would encourage Boise to make a proposal to the MWC at the conference meetings in a couple months. Tell the MWC that Boise is amenable to burning up that POS Blue Field and writing a check for $1M to each of the current nine members, then say a polite thank you and leave. IMO if the nine MWC school presidents don't then vote to include the Broncos, they would be nuts.

OrangeShadow
01-06-2010, 04:25 AM
One of my friends i work with is going there for pre-med next year,always been a fan of boise state

Garcia Bronco
01-06-2010, 07:02 AM
10/2/2010 and this all ends. :)

gunns
01-06-2010, 07:34 AM

Wyoming? Oh yeah, the one that gets pummeled by the Utes on a regular basis.

I would love for BS to come to the MWC. But I don't know if that would even make the BCS take notice. They only take notice when a MWC team embarrass's one of their "BCS" teams so then they align MWC and WAC teams, who are argubly better than a lot of the BCS teams, in a bowl game so as NOT to be embarrassed. Congrats to BS.