PDA

View Full Version : Holy crap

Rigs11
01-04-2010, 08:22 PM
Found this video of Brees today.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/c6EguTZFK5s&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/c6EguTZFK5s&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

ant1999e
01-04-2010, 08:27 PM
The man is a god.

Rabb
01-04-2010, 08:31 PM
didn't he have the same kind of shoulder problem Bradford did/does?

Victor
01-04-2010, 08:37 PM
Very impressive...nice find.

OrangeShadow
01-04-2010, 08:40 PM
I love that show

PRBronco
01-04-2010, 08:42 PM
Holy crap that was awesome. Remind me to send the Chargers a fruit basket for not keeping him and drafting Larry Fitzgerald or Shaun Taylor instead of Eli.

Dr. Broncenstein
01-04-2010, 08:47 PM
Certainly impressive on Brees' part, but there was no need to falsely compare to an olympic archer. Any olympic archer puts 10/10 arrows from 20 yards in the dead center bullseye. I'm no olympic archer, but I can do that with my redneck bowhunting rig. I actually have to aim at different targets from that distance so I don't break my arrows or fletchings by hitting the previous arrow.

Mr
01-04-2010, 08:52 PM
Insane skills.
This is why he makes the money.
Every QB should be challenging archers.

slyinky
01-04-2010, 09:08 PM
It doesn't take long to throw 10 footballs in a row so I wonder why they didn't show the video without any cuts? Oh, and the comparison to an Olympic archer? Ughh.

Dr. Broncenstein
01-04-2010, 09:18 PM
Olympic archers shoot at 70 meters... 72 shots with a recurve bow. At 20 yards, they would smash each successive bullseye arrow into pieces. Again, not taking away anything from Brees... I just don't see the point of the completely false comparison.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archery_at_the_Summer_Olympics

ColoradoDarin
01-04-2010, 09:26 PM
I hope we have some of those USB footballs for T/C and practice.

Hamrob
01-04-2010, 09:27 PM
I'm skeptical that he actually hit 10 of 10. But he is a stud...that's for sure. Boy could we use a guy like that!

gyldenlove
01-04-2010, 10:13 PM
Certainly impressive on Brees' part, but there was no need to falsely compare to an olympic archer. Any olympic archer puts 10/10 arrows from 20 yards in the dead center bullseye. I'm no olympic archer, but I can do that with my redneck bowhunting rig. I actually have to aim at different targets from that distance so I don't break my arrows or fletchings by hitting the previous arrow.

I know, I was thinking that target is about the same size as a clay pigeon and they are about 20 yards away and moving and it is about the same size as the 10 on a 200m rifle range which I used to be able to hit at least 8 of 10 times.

boltaneer
01-04-2010, 10:39 PM
Holy crap that was awesome. Remind me to send the Chargers a fruit basket for not keeping him and drafting Larry Fitzgerald or Shaun Taylor instead of Eli.

Yeah, it's worked out pretty horrible for us. :rofl:

DomCasual
01-04-2010, 10:53 PM
Thee lad has thee devil's mark on his heed!

http://www.sundaypeak.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/crazy+old+man.jpg

PRBronco
01-05-2010, 09:41 AM
Yeah, it's worked out pretty horrible for us. :rofl:

Dude. Have you SEEN Larry Fitzgerald? Do you REMEMBER Sean Taylor? I would be an unhappy camper having to face one of them twice a year, not to mention slightly better QB-age.

LonghornBronco
01-05-2010, 09:46 AM
Didn't the brees trade net them Ladanian though... I can't remember.

Broncobiv
01-05-2010, 09:53 AM

No, LT2 was drafted 3 years before Rivers.

I believe that trade also got them Merriman and Kaeding.

SonOfLe-loLang
01-05-2010, 09:53 AM

no. they were drafted the same year if i believe.

WolfpackGuy
01-05-2010, 09:56 AM

Trading the Michael Vick pick to the Falcons netted LT.

missingnumber7
01-05-2010, 10:00 AM

Actually Brees and LT were drafted together in 2001. Brees left as a FA in 2006 after the shoulder injury incurred by John Lynch in the final game of the 2005 season.

PRBronco
01-05-2010, 10:06 AM
No, LT2 was drafted 3 years before Rivers.

I believe that trade also got them Merriman and Kaeding.

Oooooh ok I remember now. Brees walked as an FA (I dunno who they got with the compensatory pick) and the Eli trade netted Rivers, Merriman and Kaeding. I think.

boltaneer
01-05-2010, 10:24 AM
Dude. Have you SEEN Larry Fitzgerald? Do you REMEMBER Sean Taylor? I would be an unhappy camper having to face one of them twice a year, not to mention slightly better QB-age.

Fitzgerald is a stud but the Chargers have Vincent Jackson now and while he's not quite up there with Fitz, the drop off is small. Sean Taylor (R.I.P.) wouldn't be a help to the team today, obviously.

Getting Rivers, Merriman, Kaeding and Roman Oben trumps any other move they could have made. I said it after 2006, that I'd take Rivers over Brees and I believe that now 200%. It's nice to see the national media finally getting it a bit with regards to Rivers but there are still those who are going to be all over Brees' jock. That's fine. They're both great quarterbacks.

The only unfortunate thing about the way it turned out was not being able to trade Brees and having to settle for the 3rd round compensatory pick, which they gambled on Anthony Waters, who didn't pan out because of injuries.

SoonerBronco
01-05-2010, 10:29 AM
didn't he have the same kind of shoulder problem Bradford did/does?

It was actually worse.

Captain 'Dre
01-05-2010, 10:33 AM

Yeah... we're SO much better off with the Chargers having Philip Rivers as their QB. :juggle:

Rabb
01-05-2010, 10:36 AM
It was actually worse.

wow

same surgery to repair it basically?

I am being serious btw, Bradford really intrigues me

ZONA
01-05-2010, 10:59 AM
Fitzgerald is a stud but the Chargers have Vincent Jackson now and while he's not quite up there with Fitz, the drop off is small.

Whatever dude. I guess only a homer Bolts fan would say the drop off is small between the games best WR (Fitz) and Jackson. The truth is, it's quite a bit more then a small drop off.

But Breez is truly amazing. He reminds me so much of Montana. Deadly accurate QB's are a real find. IMHO, accuracy is the #1 desired trait in a QB. More then leadership, arm strength, pocket presence, reading defenses, any of it. Give me a dude that throws the ball exactly where his eyes are looking and I'll take that every time.

SonOfLe-loLang
01-05-2010, 11:18 AM
Whatever dude. I guess only a homer Bolts fan would say the drop off is small between the games best WR (Fitz) and Jackson. The truth is, it's quite a bit more then a small drop off.

But Breez is truly amazing. He reminds me so much of Montana. Deadly accurate QB's are a real find. IMHO, accuracy is the #1 desired trait in a QB. More then leadership, arm strength, pocket presence, reading defenses, any of it. Give me a dude that throws the ball exactly where his eyes are looking and I'll take that every time.

I understand youre a broncos fan, but even i have to admit, youre fighting a losing battle here. The chargers probably could have handled the brees situation better, but they are hardly in a tight spot right now.

Jason in LA
01-05-2010, 11:18 AM
Brees' accuracy is amazing. He's one of the most accurate QBs I've seen. He can hit a perfectly covered receiver and put the ball where the DB can't get to it. So everybody is pretty much open to him. He's mastered that throw where the receiver is running a streak, but instead of throwing it deep, Brees throws it slightly behind the receiver. In man coverage, where the DB is looking at the receiver and not the QB, it is almost impossible to stop.

I wonder how other QBs would do in that same challenge.

Drek
01-05-2010, 11:42 AM
The Broncos need to get a few of those footballs and use them for draftee workouts.

Pony Boy
01-05-2010, 11:48 AM
WWOD (What would Orton do in this challenge)

DomCasual
01-05-2010, 12:22 PM

Do they have any shows coming up on the accuracy of the bubble screen?

boltaneer
01-05-2010, 01:00 PM

Take a look at Jackson's numbers this season. His numbers are pretty impressive.

Rec Yds Avg Yds/G Lng TD 20+ 40+ 1st 1st%

68 1,167 17.2 77.8 55 9 17 4 58 85.3

Here's Fitz's:

Rec Yds Avg Yds/G Lng TD 20+ 40+ 1st 1st%

97 1,092 11.3 68.2 34T 13 12 0 69 71.1

Brees has great accuracy and decision making. No one can question this, even when he was in San Diego. However, his arm strength was a question when he was here. And his deep ball, which is a staple of this offense was horrible.

If the Chargers kept Brees, there's no way he'd be putting up the numbers that he is doing in New Orleans. He just doesn't fit the offense here as well as Rivers does. Ditto if Rivers was in New Orleans. They're both in the perfect offenses for them now IMO.

The ironic thing about his shoulder injury is that, after he got it repaired, the velocity on his passes seemed better and his deep ball suddenly was amazing. I've read that there are certain shoulder surgeries where you actually become stronger afterwards. If you read about his physical therapy and workout program after the surgery, it's pretty amazing. He worked like a horse to be able to play the next season.

broncocalijohn
01-05-2010, 01:05 PM
Funny thing is that no one mentioned that Josh Mccown was the other QB to show accuracy with a moving target and the show stated that most QBs only complete 50% like Mccown did in the Sports Science show. Horrible comparison of a real starting QB.

Jason in LA
01-05-2010, 01:44 PM

He'd try to manage it, and wouldn't do a very good job at that.

rastaman
01-05-2010, 02:11 PM

Probably leaving allot to be desired!