PDA

View Full Version : Dumervil: "I'm sorry....All the things you did individually,it doesn’t matter.”

The MVPlaya
01-04-2010, 03:50 PM
http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2010/01/04/dumervil-to-fans-im-sorry/

Dumervil to fans: I’m sorry

There were plenty of disgusted and disappointed players filling up garbarge bags and carrying out game jerseys in the Broncos locker room Monday morning, but no one seemed to be more affected at the Broncos collapse that kept them out of the playoffs than star pass rusher Elvis Dumervil.

Dumervil couldn’t find a way to explain what happened to the Broncos in their final 10 games, when they went 2-8 to finish 8-8 for the second straight year. But he did know that Sunday’s 44-24 loss to Kansas City wasn’t pretty.

“It was a total embarrassment,” Dumervil said. “I’m sorry the fans had to come out and see something like that.”

Dumervil finished as the NFL’s regular season sack champion, with 17 — a new franchise record. It provided Dumervil with little consolation Monday, though.

“We did a lot good things this year, a lot of guys played with effort, a lot of guys did agood job, a lot of schemes that I thought we were good in. But when it came down to when we needed it, we just didn’t get it done as a team,” Dumervil said. “That’s just the hard facts about it. We can’t undermine the things we did well, but at the end of the day, either ryou get the job done or you don’t. All the things you did individually, or where we were ranked, it doesn’t matter.”

Taco John
01-04-2010, 03:52 PM
Easy to like Dumerville. The guy just gets it.

Broncoman13
01-04-2010, 03:53 PM
Hope he stays long term... PS, he's a Shanny boy that McD didn't hesitate to play.

OrangeShadow
01-04-2010, 03:57 PM
THAT'S the kind of guy i want to lock up long term. I love doom

barryr
01-04-2010, 03:59 PM
Dumervil is a guy to keep that's for sure. I remember how he disappeared(who didn't?) under Shanahan's DC in Slowik last season.

Pseudofool
01-04-2010, 04:08 PM
No excuse not to lock up this guy with the talent and attitude like that. IMO, letting him go will be inexcusable.

The Joker
01-04-2010, 04:12 PM
He'll be signed long term with no Marshall deal to worry about, no question about it.

Archer81
01-04-2010, 04:23 PM
He's a proven passrusher with multiple double digit sack seasons. Lock him up. The fact he is a good character guy is a bonus.

:Broncos:

gunns
01-04-2010, 04:26 PM
I apologize to Doom for thinking he would never be a major contributor. As much as I hated Slowik I should have known.

Popps
01-04-2010, 04:46 PM
Doom is a guy we can all agree on.

Look forward to watching us get him some more help next season.

bpc
01-04-2010, 05:06 PM
Please resign this guy so I can buy my authentic orange Doom Jersey.

SureShot
01-04-2010, 05:12 PM
Why hasn't this guy been paid yet?

Borks147
01-04-2010, 05:35 PM
I would be about x20 more pissed if they let him go than marshall/hillis/scheffler combined. just....no.

ColoradoDarin
01-04-2010, 05:50 PM
I was very surprised (pleasantly) how well Doom did in his move to OLB. Lock him up McXanders.

Broncosfreak_56
01-04-2010, 05:56 PM
Eff Marshall, sheff, Orton etc. We NEED to keep Doom, but also get some more playmakers in the front 7 to take pressure off him. 17 sacks in his first year at a new position? Lock him up.

Mr
01-04-2010, 05:58 PM
Undoubtedly, the man needs to get paid.
I hope Mayor McCheese can see that.

ZONA
01-04-2010, 06:01 PM
Nothing against Doom but I think just about any player is going to give that same exact response. Every player understands football is a team sport and nobody is going to beat another team by themselves. I like how Doom progressed this year but these comments by him are the same I would expect from nearly everybody on the team.

eddie mac
01-04-2010, 06:02 PM
Why hasn't this guy been paid yet?

How many teams have you seen dishing out extensions lately to players who's contracts were expiring. It's a wait and see game at present to see who makes the first plunge with no cap on the horizon.

At this point there's no need to panic with Dumervil because he wont hit the open market.

watermock
01-04-2010, 06:21 PM
The switch to OLB weak side did him wonders.

tsiguy96
01-04-2010, 06:24 PM
How many teams have you seen dishing out extensions lately to players who's contracts were expiring. It's a wait and see game at present to see who makes the first plunge with no cap on the horizon.

At this point there's no need to panic with Dumervil because he wont hit the open market.

broncos dont deal with contracts until their contract is up right?

WABronco
01-04-2010, 06:24 PM

No no...listen...PAY THE MAN.

ITZ CALLED PAY THE MAN. I SEZ PAY THE MAN. GET IT DONE.

/typical internet forum retard

Bronx33
01-04-2010, 06:25 PM
No excuse not to lock up this guy with the talent and attitude like that. IMO, letting him go will be inexcusable.

I fully agree this team has needed a pass rush for LONG TIME letting it go would be a huge mistake not to mention having another defensive leader leading by example.

TonyR
01-04-2010, 06:26 PM
...he's a Shanny boy that McD didn't hesitate to play.

As are many starters. People need to drop the "McD's going to get rid of all the Shanahan players" nonsense. He's not looking to get rid of Shahanan players, he's looking to get rid of players who don't want to be there, who don't fit the system, or who just aren't very good.

Harvitz81
01-04-2010, 06:59 PM
Imagine how good Doom would be if he had an even halfway decent threat lining up opposite him. Look at pitts and how Woodley and Harrison feed off each other. Hopefully we sign him to a long term contract and get someone on the other side of him so that he doesn't get constantly double teamed or held (I mean how many times has doom been held this season without it ever getting called....).

DB-Freak
01-04-2010, 07:02 PM
Never doubt my avatar bitches.

Ambiguous
01-04-2010, 08:50 PM
Pay this guy for love of god. He deserves it just for his relentless sacking of Rivers early in the year. I will be so pissed if we let this guy go.

NFLBRONCO
01-04-2010, 09:06 PM
Pass Rushers are Premium it might be harder then we think to lock him up we'll see. Yes I think he deserves to be paid and I want him a Bronco. Depends on the plan of McD's has though if he gets great value in return does he bite on a shocker trade.

I'm interested in what he does with

BM
Champ
Stokley
Royal
Doom

ward63
01-04-2010, 10:43 PM
Pass Rushers are Premium it might be harder then we think to lock him up we'll see. Yes I think he deserves to be paid and I want him a Bronco. Depends on the plan of McD's has though if he gets great value in return does he bite on a shocker trade.

I'm interested in what he does with

BM
Champ
Stokley
Royal
Doom

Gone
Will be back
Is Stokley still under contract? If so I see him staying...
Back
Getting paid...here

Hulamau
01-05-2010, 01:30 AM
He'll be signed long term with no Marshall deal to worry about, no question about it.

I'm betting we resign Marshall. Unless we get some can't pass offer from another team. Listening to coach and Brandon there is plenty room for a reconciliation . . . It's been much more blown up by the press and all of us than it really is.

UberBroncoMan
01-05-2010, 02:41 AM
Easy to like Dumerville. The guy just gets it.

The man seemed to have been raised with a good head on his shoulders, on top of the fact he's always had to fight for everything due to his small stature. I truly hope he's a Bronco till he's done playing.

watermock
01-05-2010, 03:05 AM
Marshall will be gone if we get a first.

Scheff is gone, Bailey stayed healthy, so he stays.

Hixon is gone of course and Hillis is a likely cut.

Torain tore up his knee and is done.

So ends the class of '06, he best in 20 years.

Kupe, we probably keep.

watermock
01-05-2010, 03:08 AM
BTW, Beavis basically said his draft sucked salty balls.

rmsanger
01-05-2010, 03:39 AM
Really, you guys are that high on this guy? I know he's a sack machine but he seems weaksauce against run support. I would think that would prevent him from getting top $. If the price is right then by all means lock him up but he's not a top 5 LB.

55CrushEm
01-05-2010, 06:19 AM

Exactly. The one thing that impresses me more than his 17 sacks, is the fact that he has a "non stop motor".....he NEVER, EVER dogs it on a play. IMO, those types of players are a rare breed.

Dumervil is a MUST re-sign.

bowtown
01-05-2010, 06:43 AM
Marshall will be gone if we get a first.

Scheff is gone, Bailey stayed healthy, so he stays.

Hixon is gone of course and Hillis is a likely cut.

Torain tore up his knee and is done.

So ends the class of '06, he best in 20 years.

Kupe, we probably keep.

No idea why you included Hillis and Torain in your little whine fest. You can't even get your drafts straight.

Garcia Bronco
01-05-2010, 07:25 AM
Elvis is completely correct. Who gives a **** about records when you are an annual loser.

BroncoDoug
01-05-2010, 07:51 AM
He is quickly becoming my favorite Bronco. I think he should be priority #1 this offseason.

missingnumber7
01-05-2010, 07:53 AM
Does he get Tagged with the CBA issues and the potential for no football in 2011?

NFLBRONCO
01-05-2010, 08:18 AM
I want Doom a Bronco period but, pass rushers are in high demand. A team might offer him a boatload of money Denver isn't willing to pay so he could be gone. We will have his rights for 2 yrs as a RFA but, can trade him we'll see what Baskins plan is.

Bigdawg26
01-05-2010, 08:26 AM
I sure hope he stays long-term!