PDA

View Full Version : mcdaniels end of season presser

tsiguy96
01-04-2010, 03:46 PM
was very good. you can tell he learned a ton about coaching and running a team this year. you will probably see a brand new mcdaniels in the next few weeks. regardless of what the haters wanna say, mcdaniels is smart enough to know his mistakes, know where he messed up in player evaluation, making issues public, everything, and admitted it in his press conference. watch it fools.

Boobs McGee
01-04-2010, 03:47 PM
I missed it on the fan, do you have a link?

The MVPlaya
01-04-2010, 03:47 PM
was very good. you can tell he learned a ton about coaching and running a team this year. you will probably see a brand new mcdaniels in the next few weeks. regardless of what the haters wanna say, mcdaniels is smart enough to know his mistakes, know where he messed up in player evaluation, making issues public, everything, and admitted it in his press conference. watch it fools.

where can I see this.

tsiguy96
01-04-2010, 03:50 PM
http://twitter.com/fs3142
http://twitter.com/BroncoTalk

www.denverbroncos.com for the actual presser, i dont know if its all up yet.

Rulon Velvet Jones
01-04-2010, 03:51 PM
I'd love for someone to point out anything that shows this guy has an "ego", is "immature", "arrogant" or "above the team" in what he said after wrapping the season.

Archer81
01-04-2010, 03:53 PM
I'd love for someone to point out anything that shows this guy has an "ego", is "immature", "arrogant" or "above the team" in what he said after wrapping the season.

Oh, Im sure someone will say he is.

:Broncos:

Broncoman13
01-04-2010, 03:56 PM

Very telling were his comments regarding the draft. I don't think he liked the draft too much in hindsight. He basically said this draft will be much better as he's had a chance to see the personnel on the team in his system and will go from there. Pretty good point. He went into the draft not knowing how everyone would fit into what he was trying to do. In hindsight, I think he would have still selected Moreno and Ayers, but I think he would have went with Brace instead of Alphonso Smith. I also think he would have went either DT or DE again instead of draft Quinn. The other obvious gap that he will certainly address is the interior OL.

OrangeShadow
01-04-2010, 03:58 PM
I think everyone needs to realize that this was going to be a learning experience and he wasn't going to come in here and light the world on fire, starting 6-0 or not.

snowspot66
01-04-2010, 04:01 PM
Very telling were his comments regarding the draft. I don't think he liked the draft too much in hindsight. He basically said this draft will be much better as he's had a chance to see the personnel on the team in his system and will go from there. Pretty good point. He went into the draft not knowing how everyone would fit into what he was trying to do. In hindsight, I think he would have still selected Moreno and Ayers, but I think he would have went with Brace instead of Alphonso Smith. I also think he would have went either DT or DE again instead of draft Quinn. The other obvious gap that he will certainly address is the interior OL.

That's a fair point. How do you effectively draft for defense when the previous administration's defense was so bad you had to replace almost the entire thing with FA and whatever you could pull off the scrap heap?

Hercules Rockefeller
From Frank Schwab's Twitter:

McD: Wants Champ to be a Bronco as long as I am here

I know it's always vogue on the Interwebz to believe that there is always someone out there that can play just as well for less, but Champ was great this year. Goodman was too.

Boobs McGee
very cool stuff.

I'm interested to see what happens with marshall now, sounds like he might want to keep him? Maybe we all overreacted a little bit?

Sounds like orton is definitely here next year, and I'm excited to hear that royal is going to get a lot more focus.

Agree with tsi, sounds like he knows that he did some things wrong (media related issues) and hopefully it'll change.

I can't wait to watch it, but it appears like a pretty positive presser, I'm still stoked about the direction this team's going!!!!!

GO BRONCOS

barryr
01-04-2010, 04:02 PM
He wants players who buy into his system and way of doing things. What coach doesn't?

Broncoman13
01-04-2010, 04:04 PM

He does have an ego. He is a bit immature and arrogant at times. But his presser was spot on and outstanding.

Oh and he took a big one on the chin for his team. He's not the one that leaked the info about Brandon Marshall. His comments, (Paraphrasing) "We wish it wouldn't have got out, things like that are best handled in house. There are a lot of things that happen during the season that we usually do a pretty good job of keeping in house. Schematic changes and such." It is becoming very apparent that a few players went to the media and squawked. I am guessing it was Kyle Orton was was "embarrassed" by Brandon Marshall during the recent faider game. BMarsh being mic'd up was pretty livid with Kyle Orton and it seems Kyle got him back. Of course I'm just speculating, but somebody from the Denver Broncos went to ESPN and told them all about BMarsh's issues and then you have a story about it... McD was able to get in front of the story and make it about himself and that he was doing what he felt was best for the team. I'm 90% sure it went down like this and for that I really REALLY appreciate Josh McDaniels. He is taking the heat on this one and doing a pretty good job of being the team focal point (as he should) and allowing all the body shots to land on him rather than anyone else. Commendable.

Boobs McGee
01-04-2010, 04:07 PM
p.s., from the broncostalk page....our 2010 opponents

<TABLE style="TEXT-ALIGN: center; MARGIN: 0pt 0pt 10px 10px; WIDTH: 270px; FLOAT: right" class=broncos border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>HOME</TD><TD>AWAY</TD></TR><TR><TD>Kansas City
Oakland
San Diego
Houston
Indianapolis
St. Louis
Seattle
N.Y. Jets
</TD><TD>Kansas City
Oakland
San Diego
Jacksonville
Tennessee
Arizona
San Francisco
Baltimore
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE style="TEXT-ALIGN: center; MARGIN: 0pt 0pt 10px 10px; WIDTH: 270px; FLOAT: right" class=broncos border=0><TBODY><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE style="TEXT-ALIGN: center; MARGIN: 0pt 0pt 10px 10px; WIDTH: 270px; FLOAT: right" class=broncos border=0><TBODY><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Boobs McGee
01-04-2010, 04:09 PM
He does have an ego. He is a bit immature and arrogant at times. But his presser was spot on and outstanding.

Oh and he took a big one on the chin for his team. He's not the one that leaked the info about Brandon Marshall. His comments, (Paraphrasing) "We wish it wouldn't have got out, things like that are best handled in house. There are a lot of things that happen during the season that we usually do a pretty good job of keeping in house. Schematic changes and such." It is becoming very apparent that a few players went to the media and squawked. I am guessing it was Kyle Orton was was "embarrassed" by Brandon Marshall during the recent faider game. BMarsh being mic'd up was pretty livid with Kyle Orton and it seems Kyle got him back. Of course I'm just speculating, but somebody from the Denver Broncos went to ESPN and told them all about BMarsh's issues and then you have a story about it... McD was able to get in front of the story and make it about himself and that he was doing what he felt was best for the team. I'm 90% sure it went down like this and for that I really REALLY appreciate Josh McDaniels. He is taking the heat on this one and doing a pretty good job of being the team focal point (as he should) and allowing all the body shots to land on him rather than anyone else. Commendable.

agree 100%

snowspot66
01-04-2010, 04:11 PM

<TABLE style="TEXT-ALIGN: center; MARGIN: 0pt 0pt 10px 10px; WIDTH: 270px; FLOAT: right" class=broncos border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>HOME</TD><TD>AWAY</TD></TR><TR><TD>Kansas City
Oakland
San Diego
Houston
Indianapolis
St. Louis
Seattle
N.Y. Jets
</TD><TD>Kansas City
Oakland
San Diego
Jacksonville
Tennessee
Arizona
San Francisco
Baltimore
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE style="TEXT-ALIGN: center; MARGIN: 0pt 0pt 10px 10px; WIDTH: 270px; FLOAT: right" class=broncos border=0><TBODY><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE style="TEXT-ALIGN: center; MARGIN: 0pt 0pt 10px 10px; WIDTH: 270px; FLOAT: right" class=broncos border=0><TBODY><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Son of a bitch. Every time.

Archer81
01-04-2010, 04:12 PM
Yay. Another road game in Baltimore...

Broncoman13
01-04-2010, 04:12 PM
Cool, we'll get to see Tebow next year.

Boobs McGee
01-04-2010, 04:14 PM
Son of a b****. Every time.

i know, right?

That schedule already looks brutal from the get go. Tenesse's gonna be good, San fran's getting better, sanchez and the jets are gonna be better, houston's tough, baltimore, indy....

Taco John
01-04-2010, 04:17 PM

Oakland
San Diego
Houston
Indianapolis
St. Louis
Seattle
N.Y. Jets
</TD><TD>Kansas City
Oakland
San Diego
Jacksonville
Tennessee
Arizona
San Francisco
Baltimore

13-3 anyone?

Archer81
01-04-2010, 04:17 PM
13-3 anyone?

19-0.

Championship.

uplink
01-04-2010, 04:18 PM
Cool, we'll get to see Tebow next year.

yeah, he will be good for the mojo

PRBronco
01-04-2010, 04:20 PM
Good stuff Coach.

Did he say how they're going to handle Ty Law's attempted murder of Brandon Marshall? I hear it was caught on tape!

NYBronco
01-04-2010, 04:29 PM
Good press conference and I am even more confident the team will improve next season.

For all the negativity McD had to carry through this season he had the Broncos within grasp of a playoff spot. Tough to do for many older, experienced and well established coaches and the systems they have been implementing for years.

Boobs McGee
01-04-2010, 04:34 PM
13-3 anyone?

http://i43.tinypic.com/15c0e8.jpg

Broncoman13
01-04-2010, 04:37 PM
FYI, Brandon Marshall just showed up to talk with the 104.3 crew (I think they're at Buffalo Wild Wings near Park Meadows Mall). There is more to this story and Brandon Marshall would like to remain a Bronco. He has the utmost respect for the Broncos, Coach McD and Pat Bowlen. Sounds like this wasn't something that was scheduled but rather him just showing up to clear the air.

Dr. Broncenstein
01-04-2010, 04:39 PM
I hope he remembers this humbling feeling the next time he feels like going fist-pump berzerker outside of a superbowl victory. I bit my tounge at the time because we were 6-0... but it felt dirty then, and it's downright embarassing now.

Dr. Broncenstein
01-04-2010, 04:41 PM
FYI, Brandon Marshall just showed up to talk with the 104.3 crew (I think they're at Buffalo Wild Wings near Park Meadows Mall). There is more to this story and Brandon Marshall would like to remain a Bronco. He has the utmost respect for the Broncos, Coach McD and Pat Bowlen. Sounds like this wasn't something that was scheduled but rather him just showing up to clear the air.

:rofl:

That snake looks cold and harmless. Let's pick it up again.

bpc
01-04-2010, 04:43 PM
I hope he remembers this humbling feeling the next time he feels like going fist-pump berzerker outside of a superbowl victory. I bit my tounge at the time because we were 6-0... but it felt dirty then, and it's downright embarassing now.

If only it was when we were 6-0. He did that after the NE game. What were we, 5-0 at the time?

This guy has a lot to learn. I hope he can do something. He's only got two years left.

24champ
01-04-2010, 04:43 PM

Great to hear. Hopefully the Broncos wise up and extend him.

NYBronco
01-04-2010, 04:44 PM

I didn't care to much for the fist pump either but I think I understood why he did it. He's young, learning and enthusiatic.

Mr.Meanie
01-04-2010, 04:46 PM
i know, right?

That schedule already looks brutal from the get go. Tenesse's gonna be good, San fran's getting better, sanchez and the jets are gonna be better, houston's tough, baltimore, indy....

The AFC South is a tough division, but we get the NFC West which will likely be the easiest one in the league again.

Every schedule is tough, but that's a much easier one than the one we had this year.

The MVPlaya
01-04-2010, 04:48 PM
All of our away games are going to be tough.

watermock
01-04-2010, 04:49 PM
Let's try winning our home divisional games first.

tsiguy96
01-04-2010, 04:49 PM

what do you mean more to the story? why did he show up, what was his motive?

Pool
01-04-2010, 04:54 PM
http://www.collegegameballs.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/tebowsnewgirl.jpg

DBroncos4life
01-04-2010, 04:57 PM
From Frank Schwab's Twitter:

I know it's always vogue on the Interwebz to believe that there is always someone out there that can play just as well for less, but Champ was great this year. Goodman was too.

I guess he doesn't understand we can make the team better by having his cap money to spend on other players. LOL

strafen
01-04-2010, 04:57 PM
It was a good press conference, he said the right things, he showed he's a smart guy, he just doesn't practice what he preaches.

Broncoman13
01-04-2010, 05:00 PM
Said he was confused as to how all of this got started and wanted to clear the air that he did not say he wouldn't or couldn't play. Said he is still waiting to speak with coach about the whole thing. I realize (like doc pointed out) that he could very well be a cold snake, but I have to admit there is some weird stuff goin on. You listen to his press conf about sitting out the final game and he pretty much says the right things. They even bait him into saying that McD said he was a distraction and therefore was benched. He said that he just finished talking to McD and he didn't express any of that to him personally. This was like Friday. Then all of the sudden he's banned from being with the team and everything else. Sounds to me like there are players that have issues with BMarsh more than the coach. But I can only guess as to what is really going on. Could very well be the snake is laying cold and motionless waiting for his day and this is just damage control... but then again, could be that the snake turns out to be your garden variety that is relatively harmless and misunderstood.

I'm pretty torn with what to do with BMarsh. Maybe this is both the Broncos and BMarsh running damage control to get him a deal that works well for he and the Broncos. ???

Dr. Broncenstein
01-04-2010, 05:08 PM
Said he was confused as to how all of this got started and wanted to clear the air that he did not say he wouldn't or couldn't play. Said he is still waiting to speak with coach about the whole thing. I realize (like doc pointed out) that he could very well be a cold snake, but I have to admit there is some weird stuff goin on. You listen to his press conf about sitting out the final game and he pretty much says the right things. They even bait him into saying that McD said he was a distraction and therefore was benched. He said that he just finished talking to McD and he didn't express any of that to him personally. This was like Friday. Then all of the sudden he's banned from being with the team and everything else. Sounds to me like there are players that have issues with BMarsh more than the coach. But I can only guess as to what is really going on. Could very well be the snake is laying cold and motionless waiting for his day and this is just damage control... but then again, could be that the snake turns out to be your garden variety that is relatively harmless and misunderstood.

I'm pretty torn with what to do with BMarsh. Maybe this is both the Broncos and BMarsh running damage control to get him a deal that works well for he and the Broncos. ???

This was essentially a playoff game. Brandon left enough of an impression by way of his shenannigans that he was de-activated. Our best talent at reciever, our most important game... deactivated because of a coach's decision. How can this ever be repaired? It can't.

Dagmar
01-04-2010, 05:10 PM
This was essentially a playoff game. Brandon left enough of an impression by way of his shenannigans that he was de-activated. Our best talent at reciever, our most important game... deactivated because of a coach's decision. How can this ever be repaired? It can't.

You mean deactivated after telling the coach and his teammates he couldn't go because of an injury that didn't show up on any scans?

Broncoman13
01-04-2010, 05:14 PM

This wasn't about just one week. There is much more to this and it involves players and coaches alike. To think that McD made a knee jerk reaction to a hammy injury is absurd.

DBroncos4life
01-04-2010, 05:14 PM
You mean deactivated after telling the coach and his teammates he couldn't go because of an injury that didn't show up on any scans?

This team has a long history of under-estimating injuries. Some how Gary played a half on a torn knee for crying out loud.

Broncoman13
01-04-2010, 05:15 PM

When did Marshall ever say he couldn't go? Do you have some inside information?

steeledude
01-04-2010, 05:20 PM
Yeah, it's hard to keep things in house when the coach comes out to the media and says Marshall is dogging it. Real hard when the coach can't keep his trap shut.

The MVPlaya
01-04-2010, 05:20 PM

You need to do more research or at least keep up to date before accusing people.

Quote, from Marshall.

"I don't think (Head) Coach (Josh McDaniels) ever played in the NFL so for my hamstring to be feeling the way it felt, it's tough for me to go out there and expect to play at a high level. I've battled through a lot of injuries before. I played the whole year last year with a tear in my hip, so I don't think my toughness is in question here. I've just got to do my best just to get back to 100 percent. Hopefully, things fall into place where it should be, and hope we get into the playoffs, and I'll be there with my teammates."

Dr. Broncenstein
01-04-2010, 05:23 PM
This wasn't about just one week. There is much more to this and it involves players and coaches alike. To think that McD made a knee jerk reaction to a hammy injury is absurd.

Where did I ever say that? I said shenannigans, as in plural. Obviously this had much more to do with an argument over the percieved severity of an injury.

Dagmar
01-04-2010, 05:27 PM

You need to do more research or at least keep up to date before accusing people.

Quote, from Marshall.

"I don't think (Head) Coach (Josh McDaniels) ever played in the NFL so for my hamstring to be feeling the way it felt, it's tough for me to go out there and expect to play at a high level. I've battled through a lot of injuries before. I played the whole year last year with a tear in my hip, so I don't think my toughness is in question here. I've just got to do my best just to get back to 100 percent. Hopefully, things fall into place where it should be, and hope we get into the playoffs, and I'll be there with my teammates."
:thumbsup:

hades
01-04-2010, 05:30 PM

http://www.rayleigh.co.uk/MXimages/hand_shake.jpg

ward63
01-04-2010, 05:39 PM
Honestly w/McDaniels....I like his discipline! Plus look at it this way...I would compare him to Spags, but Spags took over a crappy team, but Raheem took over a what? 9-7 teams? And they won 4 games as well as firing both coordinators? We fell in love with the 6-0 start and thought we're gonna be flying by easily...

ZONA
01-04-2010, 05:52 PM
Obviously alot of stuff in the presser is vague and the main theme going forward is that much evaluation needs to be done but there were certain things that stuck out for me.

Moreno - The overall tone and comments indicates he loves Moreno's toughness, his work ethic and maturity for a rookie. Understands that he does need to improve and that some of his improvements do need to be individual improvements, not just upgrades to the line blocking.

Orton - Appreciates his hard work and understands this system was different from what he was used to and would expect that he should improve. Not saying anything about the future of Orton here other then speculation that he could improve in a 2nd year with the system (if he would indeed be here). Believes he is a smart guy but not the same conviction of how much he likes him compared to Moreno. Nothing in the presser says that it's a definite lock that Orton will be back but nothing also saying he won't. Probably playing it very vague with Orton since he's a FA.

Marshall - Really seemed important to McD to stress that the last week was no indication of how their relationship was, has been or is going to be. They worked together well all year long and he made it clear BM is a real talent and he does indeed fit into this team and that in no way was the locker room divided at all. I think he realized that BM had success in the previous scheme and also had success in his scheme and that's not always the case that a player has success in multiple schemes and that only proves that the player is truly a special player, that he can flourish in any offense.

Defense - Stressed how important it is for individual assignments to be kept and break downs in those areas affected the falloff. Said some players flourished (such as Doom) in this system but they gave up too many big plays at the end and that was due to broken assignments. I don't get the feeling that whole sale changes are coming on defense. I think maybe a few key new players is what we likely will see, hopefully FA's that have been in a 3-4 and don't break down on their assignments as much. Seemed to really like how Champ, Dawk and Williams played.

Offense - Gave the feeling that he indeed didn't try to implement his whole system as he didn't want to fit a square peg into a round hole (meaning he didn't have all the players he needed to play the kind of offense he was used to in NE). I think it was mostly geared towards the line blocking schemes and that some of the linemen played zone better vs the kind of run blocking schemes he used in NE. He clearly stressed how important it is to him that we run better and stop the run better which starts with the lines. To me, the most telling thing about this presser was that he feels (from my perspective) was that he needs better players on the lines and possibly better coaching on the lines.

Draft - Clearly he realizes it should be an easier process going foward. Now has all of HIS scouts in place for a full year and hopefully that translates into better scouting players for his kinds of schemes. Can now see tape from this year of his entire team and how a new players could help improve it versus trying to visualize how a new player might help. I think there is some truth to that but the draft is still a crap shoot mostly.

MISC - Really believes that much more focus needs to go into scouting and understanding the division opponents and he is going to start there. Seems like he believes you even draft and sign FA's to fit your squad but also players that might perform better against the strengths of your division opponents.

watermock
01-04-2010, 05:52 PM

How amusing. What was he supposed to do?

Pump his fist after losing 4 games twice?

The apologists are out in full force today.

Of course there was none of that. He got his ass kicked 8 of 10 games in a row.

And his draft was a bust.

Anything else, how bout those Cowboys?

watermock
01-04-2010, 05:56 PM
I'm not going to bother with Dooms comments.

The Broncos are on!

The whole Beavis parade is rationalizing today.

Gort
01-04-2010, 06:19 PM
Yay. Another road game in Baltimore...

let's see... they'll give us INDY in week 3 instead of week 17. and we'll play Baltimore after THEIR bye week. how else can the NFL screw with us? oh yeah, we'll play at SD in week 12 or 13, when it still means alot. :(

Dagmar
01-04-2010, 06:38 PM

The Broncos are on!

Peanut Butter for dinner AGAIN mock?

When will you learn...

TonyR
01-04-2010, 06:47 PM
He got his ass kicked 8 of 10 games in a row.

I've shaken my head in bewilderment at 8 of 10 of your posts in a row. Yes, 8 of 10. In a row.

mhgaffney
01-04-2010, 06:53 PM
I was disappointed they did not ask McD about our crappy running game.

They should have asked him about zone blocking versus a power run game.

jhat01
01-04-2010, 06:54 PM
How amusing. What was he supposed to do?

Pump his fist after losing 4 games twice?

The apologists are out in full force today.

Of course there was none of that. He got his ass kicked 8 of 10 games in a row.

And his draft was a bust.

Anything else, how bout those Cowboys?

hahaha you a cowboys fan now too? Don't worry the Vikings still have a great chance to win one for you. 8 out of 10 times in a row, it works every time...

hookemhess
01-04-2010, 06:55 PM
I'm confused..... can someone please explain to me what happened with Brandon Marshall? With Ty Law? And other vets like Champ, Dawk, Graham? Did he pop off or something? Why was he benched exactly?

jhat01
01-04-2010, 06:56 PM

The Broncos are on!

Glass half full fans be damned!!!! How dare you!!! Look forward to next year with a little hope and excitement? No way!!

Broncoman13
01-04-2010, 08:53 PM

Quote, from Marshall.

That was regarding practice. He said again today during his interview that he would have done everything he could to play on Sunday. The simple fact is, nobody knows what he told McD. To suggest otherwise, well you either have inside info or are guessing.

Dagmar
01-04-2010, 08:55 PM
That was regarding practice. He said again today during his interview that he would have done everything he could to play on Sunday. The simple fact is, nobody knows what he told McD. To suggest otherwise, well you either have inside info or are guessing.

:spit: Don't like being proven wrong do ya Ha!

Broncoman13
01-04-2010, 09:03 PM
Dude, I'm not the one that drinks like a little girl and has to post an apology thread every week for being a drunken idiot. You make fun of Mock... YOU ARE MOCK.

As for being wrong. Understand this. McD was covering for some of his players making a mistake. They went to the media regarding an internal dispute and talked WAY too much. They dropped a lot of information that should have been kept in house. I have a feeling most of this started when Brandon Marshall was Mic'd up vs the Raiders. He was pretty upset during and after that game and had some pretty harsh comments for Kyle Orton. Check out what has happened since then.

McD went out and did damage control last week. Nothing more, nothing less. He even went way out of his way today to let everyone know that he was going to talk with BMarsh and that what happened last week was NOT indicative of how their relationship was all season.

Dagmar
01-04-2010, 09:20 PM
Dude, I'm not the one that drinks like a little girl and has to post an apology thread every week for being a drunken idiot. You make fun of Mock... YOU ARE MOCK.

Hmmm. A little girl eh? You seem to know a lot about me. Do you have inside information? Oh no wait, you are a boring anonymous keyboard warrior. :notworthy At least I am ****ing interesting baby doll :twokisses

Broncoman13
01-04-2010, 09:23 PM
Hmmm. A little girl eh? You seem to know a lot about me. Do you have inside information? Oh no wait, you are a boring anonymous keyboard warrior. :notworthy At least I am ****ing interesting baby doll :twokisses

There really isn't anything interesting about you. To most of us you're just another Mock. Drunk posting and then realizing your stupidity days later. The only thing you have going for yourself is that you eventually realize that you're a fool and ask for forgiveness. First couple times people buy it, but after a while your schtick gets old.

Dagmar
01-04-2010, 09:27 PM
There really isn't anything interesting about you. To most of us you're just another Mock. Drunk posting and then realizing your stupidity days later. The only thing you have going for yourself is that you eventually realize that you're a fool and ask for forgiveness. First couple times people buy it, but after a while your schtick gets old.

Ha! You are really hurting my feelings internet stranger. Please stop. Please or I'll go make myself a PB & J sandwich and then you'll be sorry! Hilarious!

The MVPlaya
01-04-2010, 09:34 PM

How in the hell is that regarding practice? Like I said go back and read the question ASKED when he gave that answer.

Did you completely misread that? Did you not see the last line?

I'm not sure how one reads that and says that regards PRACTICE when he's talking about playing and hoping they get into playoffs...

I think you were misled by the media. Even tho Josh deactivated Marshall - the issue was not THAT, specifically, the issue was Josh making a huge ordeal over accountability, and that it WASN'T because of injury (thus not covering for Marshall). He made a point to let it be known that Marshall was not that injured.

If Josh deactivated Marshall due to injury, this would have be nothing.

The whole situation is iffy, because Marshall was a bit confusing in his interviews too. So you're saying that he said today that was regarding practice? Where?

If so, it makes no sense, as the whole situation doesn't either because we're missing info.

Boobs McGee
01-04-2010, 09:34 PM
anybody find a link yet to the presser?

gyldenlove
01-04-2010, 09:43 PM
I'm confused..... can someone please explain to me what happened with Brandon Marshall? With Ty Law? And other vets like Champ, Dawk, Graham? Did he pop off or something? Why was he benched exactly?

It was the result of a poorly timed yo mamma joke.

BigPlayShay
01-04-2010, 09:44 PM

Waaaaaaaay to much text to post, but here is a link to the transcript:

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=334&storyID=9740

Dagmar
01-04-2010, 09:45 PM

tsiguy posted this -

Boobs McGee
01-04-2010, 09:47 PM

nice, thanks

Boobs McGee
01-04-2010, 09:48 PM
tsiguy posted this -

and since I don't know how to quote more than one person in a reply, thanks to YOU too.

And p.s. i can't stop staring at your damn avatar. It's like crack, but funnier.

Dagmar
01-04-2010, 09:51 PM

Thanks man!

Broncoman13
01-04-2010, 09:53 PM
How in the hell is that regarding practice? Like I said go back and read the question ASKED when he gave that answer.

Did you completely misread that? Did you not see the last line?

I'm not sure how one reads that and says that regards PRACTICE when he's talking about playing and hoping they get into playoffs...

I think you were misled by the media. Even tho Josh deactivated Marshall - the issue was not THAT, specifically, the issue was Josh making a huge ordeal over accountability, and that it WASN'T because of injury (thus not covering for Marshall). He made a point to let it be known that Marshall was not that injured.

If Josh deactivated Marshall due to injury, this would have be nothing.

The whole situation is iffy, because Marshall was a bit confusing in his interviews too. So you're saying that he said today that was regarding practice? Where?

If so, it makes no sense, as the whole situation doesn't either because we're missing info.

Did you listen to BMarsh's interview in the locker room?

You are guessing that he told McD that he wouldn't be able to play. How do you know come game day that BMarsh wouldn't have given it a go?

The bigger issue is this: Information went out to the media that didn't come from McD. McD did his best to control the damage and, IMO, did a commendable job of it.

Broncoman13
01-04-2010, 09:55 PM
Here it is from McD:
On making difficult personnel decisions
"I think you have to do what is in the best interest of your team. I know that it's your (media) job to report on those things. I know we tried to be as informative as we could, and sometimes you'd like to keep those things private. Any time you are having issues, whether they be internal or if they get out into the external world, it's not necessarily an easy thing to deal with, and there are other forces in play. I don't regret the decisions that we made as an organization or anything that we did. Sometimes you'd like to keep those things in house better, and we'll try and do that going forward."

Hamrob
01-04-2010, 09:58 PM
I enjoyed his presser. I like what I heard. I think he definitely will give it 110%. He will have every oppurtunity to turn this thing around. I think this is a good draft class as well.

I can't say I agree with him about Orton and Moreno needs alot of work (IMO), but he's our coach. We've got a long time to go before the pre season...so we'll see how things go.

As for Marshall and Scheffler...I'm not sure what happened there. It could be that they were spoiled by Shanny's offense in comparison to McDaniels. Think about it...McDaniels dink and dunk vs. Shanny's wide open sling it down the field offense. In comparison, McD's it's boring. Those guys were probably less into this team then they should have been.

I liked hearing what McDaniels said about Royal. I just could not believe that we couldn't find a way to use that guys talents. Orton kept throwing behind him play after play. I like the fact that McDaniels said they were going to fix that situation.

Well, it should be exciting...let's hope for the best!

Broncoman13
01-04-2010, 09:59 PM
A little more on the subject:

On handling internal issues
"If there is something to be gained by putting things out there publically that may be best suited to be taken care of behind closed doors, than I don't know who gains from that. If we can do things privately and resolve them and go forward for the betterment of the team and the organization, I think that is what you're looking for in every situation. There are a lot of issues that come up in the course of the football season, whether they are with players, coaches, systems or schemes. There are a lot of decisions that are made that don't come out (to the public) or aren't talked about significantly. For the most part, I think that that would be the case if you can handle it (internally) going forward I think it would be better for everybody, but certainly, there are things that make it to the public that we wish were private, but you handle it as best you can when it happens."

Again, I love the fact that he didn't deflect, point fingers, or mention how things got out. He took it on the chin himself.

Broncoman13
01-04-2010, 10:04 PM
Here is the piece regarding rookies... I swear there was another part that talked about taking into account what other teams within the division do and have... I'll look for it.

On the 2009 draft class and whether he will evaluate the organization's approach to the 2010 draft
"This year's draft should be totally different for us. We changed our system in the middle of the entire process last year. We didn't get an opportunity to have a full season to use the system and a full offseason to use the full grading scale in the evaluation process. Certainly, we changed some of the things we were looking for in individual players-if it was a bigger player here or a faster player there or whatever it may be. Our criteria is all in place, our scouts now know the whole thing and our personnel department is very well versed on that now and we will have an entire offseason where we are not trying to just fill staff positions and do so many things to the roster that hopefully we did last year. We should have an opportunity to really have a solid four months here to get ready for the draft and narrow it down.

"I believe the draft class that we had this year, certainly I would say each of them contributed in their own way-some more than others. I would say we got a lot of production out of some of our later-round players. (S) David Brutonplayed in almost every game and (S Darcel McBath), (drafted) in the second round, did a lot to help us there in terms of his teams (special teams and defense) play. He played some on defense, also. (OLB/DE Robert) Ayers played basically in every game except one. (RB) Knowshon (Moreno) obviously played a big role. There are always things that you are going to be happy with and there are always things with rookies in their first year to their second year you are hoping for a dramatic change in terms of their improvement. They all know what the National Football League is about with a number of them today, individually, and they know they are no longer rookies. We need to expect them to do some things that maybe we didn't expect of them this year and they need to expect that of themselves."

On CB Alphonso Smith saying he was overwhelmed this season due to the difference between college and the NFL
"We feel good about Alphonso and we really like a lot of things that he did. It takes a big person to say what Alphonso said. I met with Alphonso today and he certainly isn't pleased with his overall production this year and he want s to do a better job of making sure that he can contribute in many more ways than he did this year. I like his attitude and his approach, and I think this offseason is going to be critical for him just like it is for most rookies coming into their second year. Now he does understand the National Football League and what it takes to be successful and contribute. Hopefully he can use that information and work hard this offseason on the things that he needs to work on to try to make an improvement in his game so that he can help us significantly next year."

baja
01-04-2010, 10:18 PM
13-3 anyone?

Next year's team will win some of these games that this year's team you would not believe could.

Broncoman13
01-04-2010, 10:34 PM
I think next year's team will be improved a lot. A full year of understanding what is expected and how things are going to be run from here on out. This year had a lot of turbulence. Probably a lot of guys that were accustomed to how things were run with Shanny that were in a bit of culture shock... sounds like a bunch of them will be back (I.e. Hillis, Royal, Barrett, etc) and will likely have larger roles going forward. I think you can probably count on the Broncos addressing the return game as well. I wouldn't be surprised at all if we ended up with a guy like Jordan Shipley or Arenas in the 3rd round (or so). I also wouldn't be surprised with a guy like CJ Spiller early on. Coach talks a lot about field position and getting better scoring opportunities.

A little discouraged with Alphonso Smith. I guess he really struggled this year to compete. I agree that it takes a great attitude to look at yourself that way and say it outloud, but I wonder if he's in over his head?

fontaine
01-05-2010, 02:00 AM
I think next year's team will be improved a lot. A full year of understanding what is expected and how things are going to be run from here on out.

Some individual players might improve because of their familiarity with the system, but unless we find at least one difference maker along the DL, and a much better G/C combo (instead of going sideways with Hochstein), then nothing major is going to improve.

We could go out and over pay for a short term fix like a Richard Seymour but ultimately for long term success you have to draft solid players.

It's been the same for years now. It all comes back to the draft, for every organization, every year, all the time.

watermock
01-05-2010, 02:57 AM
He dished out a bunch of bullshiat.

Blah, Blah, Blah. He has no clue. Needs to lick his bloody lip.

"We changed our system"

Bingo.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=334&storyID=9739

He cleared his throat 3 times regarding the draft. Ha!

fontaine
01-05-2010, 04:56 AM
He dished out a bunch of bullshiat.

Blah, Blah, Blah. He has no clue. Needs to lick his bloody lip.

"We changed our system"

Bingo.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=334&storyID=9739

He cleared his throat 3 times regarding the draft. Ha!

I found his presser pretty informative, especially regarding how last year the scout system wasn't fully in place, how Ayers played all the nickel snaps but didn't have the production he would have liked, and so on.

It was much improved over the usual bland we'll see, I won't comment on that, I haven't reviewed it yet and so on.