PDA

View Full Version : So - Who is Your Playoff Team?

cmhargrove
01-04-2010, 03:05 PM
I know - the wounds are still a little too raw, however...

Are you going to be rooting (in a light hearted pseudo fan sort of way) for any team during the playoffs?

I will root for anyone who plays the Chargers, and maybe the Packers. I'm not trading in my Broncos card, but hey, it's football.

Dagmar
01-04-2010, 03:08 PM
Saints. I am tempted to root against the Colts, I hated the resting of players, which led to the Jets getting into the playoffs. I was so angry about that decision, I would almost root for the Chargers over them.

Natedog24
01-04-2010, 03:09 PM
The Portland Trailblazers and for spring training baseball to get here ASAP with some college BBall mixed in too!

I'm all football'd out for now...

The MVPlaya
01-04-2010, 03:11 PM
Saints. I am tempted to root against the Colts, I hated the resting of players, which led to the Jets getting into the playoffs. I was so angry about that decision, I would almost root for the Chargers over them.

+1

Drew Brees gets my respect.

SonOfLe-loLang
01-04-2010, 03:12 PM
There's already a thread on this

Bronco Bob
01-04-2010, 03:14 PM
Naw'lins

Ambiguous
01-04-2010, 03:15 PM
Bengals

ZONA
01-04-2010, 03:18 PM
Cardinals

F every single AFC team that is in the playoffs. I hope the NFC wins it all. I'm happy the Steelers missed the playoffs. They should have lost the Superbowl last year. I hope the Colts or Pats lose before they get to the Superbowl. I hope the Chargers get to the Superbowl but get blown out by 30 points.

The MVPlaya
01-04-2010, 03:20 PM
Cardinals

F every single AFC team that is in the playoffs. I hope the NFC wins it all. I'm happy the Steelers missed the playoffs. They should have lost the Superbowl last year. I hope the Colts or Pats lose before they get to the Superbowl. I hope the Chargers get to the Superbowl but get blown out by 30 points.

**** Chargers getting into the Super Bowl... that's an accomplishment in itself.

Doggcow
01-04-2010, 03:21 PM
Bengals AND/Or NYJ. I would love to laugh my ass off as NYJ beats Indy and Cinci in the playoffs. Or just seeing Bengals go all the way :P

Smiling Assassin27
01-04-2010, 03:22 PM
Let's go Cardinals!

Win one for Wiz, Warner, and Witzgerald...

rbackfactory80
01-04-2010, 03:29 PM
J-e-t-s jets jets jets

gunns
01-04-2010, 03:29 PM
I'm going with the Saints all the way and during the playoffs anyone who plays the Chargers. Sure hope sitting those Colt players doesn't come back to bite them in the ass ala Denver and Jacksonville. :)

BroncoSojia
01-04-2010, 03:34 PM
Packers

ColoradoDarin
01-04-2010, 03:39 PM
Bengals AND/Or NYJ. I would love to laugh my ass off as NYJ beats Indy and Cinci in the playoffs. Or just seeing Bengals go all the way :P

I just want to see the Jets beat the Colts and Bengals!

Cards to win the SB though.

Archer81
01-04-2010, 03:40 PM
Saints.

:Broncos:

cousinal11
01-04-2010, 03:41 PM
Vikings. Pulling against Indy, NYJ, and of course, the chuggers.

GoBroncos84
01-04-2010, 04:02 PM
Hoping for Bengals Vs Saints in Super Bowl. Would be fine with either team winning.

KS Bronco
01-04-2010, 04:19 PM

i believe we benefited from sorgi playing a few years back (plummer years)

BigPlayShay
01-04-2010, 04:21 PM
I'm rooting for Green Bay. I like Aaron Rogers. I would love to see them bounce Favre and the Vikings from the playoffs.

Archer81
01-04-2010, 04:21 PM
i believe we benefited from sorgi playing a few years back (plummer years)

Yeah. Colts seeding would not have been affected by losing to us, because they would be playing us in a week anyway...horrible, horrible memories.

BMarsh615
01-04-2010, 04:26 PM
I won't watch any football until the Super Bowl comes around.

Blueflame
01-04-2010, 04:27 PM
I only root for the Broncos. Other teams... I could not possibly care less who wins. Eff them all. :P

uplink
01-04-2010, 04:28 PM
I feel sorry for the chargers, being the only AFC West team that hasn't won a title.

gunns
01-04-2010, 04:28 PM
Packers

Never really liked the Pack but that would really frost Favre's ass.

gunns
01-04-2010, 04:30 PM
I feel sorry for the chargers, being the only AFC West team that hasn't won a title.

OMG I hope that was some kind of sarcasm, any kind

GoBroncos84
01-04-2010, 04:38 PM
Mainly I am rooting against SD, Indy, and New England. Anyone else can win it and I wouldn't be upset.

Bronco Yoda
01-04-2010, 05:41 PM
Screw everyone!

Yes, I'm still pouting damn it!

I just can't ever bring myself to root for anyone other than my Broncos. Sure, I can root against someone. But the mood I'm in right now... that would be EVERYONE!

Carry on. just ignore mr. grumpy over here.

broncocalijohn
01-04-2010, 10:49 PM
i go with who i hate the least. I respect Saints a ton. Cards because not much to hate on them. Packers as I want to see what Rodgers can do now that he is in his 2nd year of starting and Favre is hopefully watching from home of their success. I do wish Colts blow it for turning down the chance of a perfect season. Probably would root for the Chargers over them at this point but not sure if I really could do that. I do like Manning aka Broncos killer a lot.

Blart
01-04-2010, 10:53 PM
SAINTS! I'll kiss my Bobby Hebert autograph for luck.

tsiguy96
01-04-2010, 10:58 PM
saints. as much as i hate the chargers, they are a fun team to watch play and norv has done a hell of a job this year given the injuries theyve had.

hookemhess
01-04-2010, 11:26 PM
Cards.... my sister cheers for them (and no, I'm not telling any of you pervs her name) and would be stoked for her if she got to goto the big game.... a ton bit jealous, but excited nonetheless.

Plus, Warner is a class act and I want to see him in the hall.

bpc
01-04-2010, 11:26 PM
Worst to best:

12. San Diego - Seriously, **** these guys. LLLLLLLLLLOSE AT ALL COST!
11. Dallas Cowboys - Best friend is a cowboys fan, runs his mouth constantly. Cowboys suck. JJ sucks. Wade sucks. I think Miles Austin is awesome though.
10. Philadelphia Eagles - Worst fans in the league. Bent over to employ the dog murderer.
9. New England - Hard to root against them now with Welker down. Just a matter of time before they lose. Still, I've never really liked Brady. Just too full of himself.
8. Baltimore - Have never liked them. Evil bastards owned us for too long. Ray Rice is awesome BTW.
7. NYJets - Stupid team, even though I think a lot of Thomas Jones. Darrell Revis is fun to watch!
6. Arizona - Another stupid team. Kurt Warner lucked into another couple pro bowl WR's.
5. Cincy - Another stupid team. I actually respect Marvin Lewis. Other than that, this team is tough to like.
4. NO - Indifferent. They're kinda whatever for me. Brees is cool though. He plays hard. Is the right kinda guy. He deserves to win one. It would be nice for the city.
3. GB - Indifferent. I respect Aaron Rodgers tremendously and I love watching their CB's play. I also like the tradition they have.
2. Minnesota - They've never won the big one. Unlike most, I like Favre and I'm very impressed with the job he's done this season. He's played great.
1. Indianapolis - I really should hate these guys but I think Peyton Manning is going to go down as the greatest QB ever to play the game. Any player with that distinction must have at least a couple rings. He gets his 2nd one this year.

SouthStndJunkie
01-04-2010, 11:30 PM
I guess in the AFC, I would be cool with Indy....basically any team but San Diego or Baltimore.

In the NFC, I am probably pulling for Minnesota to win it all....but if New Orleans makes it to the Super Bowl, I would also pull for them.

WABronco
01-04-2010, 11:35 PM
Give me Green Bay......

F Philly because of McPuke

strafen
01-04-2010, 11:37 PM
Dallas would be the team I'll be rooting for the NFC, with the possibility to go all the way.
As for the AFC, I hate to say it, but San Diego can not be denied. They finished their season 13-3. That's awesome!
That being said, I'll be happy if they get knocked out... :thumbsup:

bpc
01-04-2010, 11:48 PM
Oh god, imagine the horror of Dallas and San Diego in the super bowl. Seriously, suicide might cross my mind before I root for any team to win that game.

Hogan11
01-05-2010, 12:09 AM
Saints. I have a NOLA connection and if I ever believed in that "two team/my NFC team" bullshat, they would be it allbeit, wayyyyyyy off in the rearview mirror.

In the AFC, anyone but the Bungholes or Chargers...I want those two teams destroyed and I don't care who does it....a pox on them (and their fans) both.

kappys
01-05-2010, 06:12 AM
Probably easiest for me to root for the Saints. Such a useless team for decades only to become good after the city is levelled by one of the worst disasters in US history.

gtown
01-05-2010, 06:25 AM
AFC - the Bungles. Would love to see them finally have some playoff success.
NFC- Vikings. Like Favre (even though he is a drama queen) and Minny is 0-4 in Super Bowls.

bfoflcommish
01-05-2010, 06:55 AM
rooting for cardinals, Fitz is what I wish all NFL players could be like.

Afc though I guess bungles or Jets

Old Dude
01-05-2010, 06:58 AM
Hmmn. Worst to best.

12. Indianapolis Colts. Really sick of them.
11. Dallas Cowboys. Ditto.
10. San Diego Chargers. Sour grapes.
09. Green Bay Packers. Still hate 'em from the 60s.
08. Baltimore Ravens. Hate em and they wrecked our season.
07. Philadelphia Dog-Killers.
06. NE Pats. Oh c'mon. (Yuck. More Brady worship.)
05. Minnesota Vikings. (They'd be higher if not for Favre)
04. Cincinnati Bengals.
03. NY Jets. (Pathetic. They really have no business in the playoffs, but a win would be hillarious and ironic)
02. Arizona Cardinals. Hard to Hate these guys.
01. New Orleans Saints. Who has suffered more?

colonelbeef
01-05-2010, 07:05 AM
Bengals and Saints, although the Saints are playing like total garbage

jhat01
01-05-2010, 07:08 AM
I don't root for any team when the Broncos aren't in the tournament. Still watch them all and enjoy most, but I couldn't care less who wins (As long as SD loses!)

Florida_Bronco
01-05-2010, 07:19 AM
Saints.

dbfan21
01-05-2010, 07:29 AM
I'd like to see the Packers do well because one of my best buds is a Packer fan. However, I would like to see the Saints to go all the way and win a shootout of a Super Bowl (41-38 type of score) versus Manning and the Colts.

bfoflcommish
01-05-2010, 07:44 AM
i like the idea of listng in order all teams.

worst to first

chargers...needs no explanation
cowboys...needs no explanation
pats...needs no explanation
ravens...i guess least hated of the bottom 4
vikings...i hate favre...would be last if the bottom 4 were different teams
eagles...like mcnabb, westbrook, hate fans
colts...wife likes manning, wouldnt kill me for him to win another, rather him then favre or brady
jets...i like thomas jones, would be nice for underdog
bengals...i like ocho cinco, marv lewis, team has sucked for so long could be nice to see
packers...would love to see pack win without favre before favre wins another
saints...whats not to like other than shockey
cardinals...not a warner fan, but fitz is great and hard to root against them

55CrushEm
01-05-2010, 07:49 AM
In order of teams I DON'T WANT to win the Superbowl (b/c there are only a couple that I actually WANT to see win it win it)....

1. New England (hate them with a passion, can't stand the local annoying fans)
2. San Diego (hate everything about them, but at least I don't have to deal with their fans, as I don't live there; Rivers would become the most obnoxious athlete on the planet if he wins)
3. Baltimore (ratbirds have a murderer on their squad)
4. Minnesota (Favre is one of the top 3 attention whores in the league)
5. Dallas (kinda hate them, too)
6. Philadelphia (fans suck)
7. Cincinnati (never liked Palmer...IMO, he's overrated and VERY cocky...I also don't find Ochomoutho humorous)
8. Green Bay....don't really care
9. NY Jets (can't stand NY fans in general, but I would like to see a NY win upset the Pats' fans)
10. Arizona (like what they did last year....small market team winning would be cool)
11. Indianapolis (unlike many here, I like Manning and have the utmost respect for him...also, this too, would upset Pats' fans)
12. New Orleans (they are my choice....love what Brees has done...he's a class act, too....as is Sean Payton)

Broncobiv
01-05-2010, 07:51 AM
I don't really care who wins as long as it IS NOT:

Chargers (F the whole team)
Colts (sick of them being so good, guess I'm a hater!)
Vikings (F Brett Favre)
Patriots (amazingly sick of the team and Tom Terrific)

Anyone else winning would be cool with me. I guess it's be neat to see the Cardinals win since they were so close last year and have done virtually nothing but suck during their entire existence. Plus I've lived in AZ for over 20 years.

If I had to rank them:

12. San Diego Chargers (see above)
11. New England Patriots (see above)
10. Indianapolis Colts (see above)
09. Minnesota Vikings (see above)
08. New York Jets (do we really want to see Mark Sanchez win a SB??)
07. Dallas Cowboys (I hate them a lot less now that Aikman, Irvin, and Emmitt are gone)
06. Baltimore Ravens (kind of indifferent towards them)
05. Philadelphia Eagles (I like McNabb, nobody on the team besides Vick is really hateable)
04. Green Bay Packers (would like to see them win and stick it to Favre)
03. New Orleans Saints (likeable team, sure why not!)
02. Cincinnati Bengals (terrible for most of their years, 3 and 4 win seasons, never won before, I find Ocho Cinco funny)
01. Arizona Cardinals (see above)

ColoradoBuff
01-05-2010, 08:31 AM
Philly and Green Bay

hades
01-05-2010, 08:34 AM
As long as it aint the Cowboys, I don't care who wins. If they win, life will be hell down here for another year.

WolfpackGuy
01-05-2010, 08:35 AM
Aints and Bungles

Taco John
01-05-2010, 08:55 AM
I'll be rooting for the Milky Way Meteors.

LonghornBronco
01-05-2010, 09:05 AM
I'm pullin for New Orleans. Also I hope the Jets spank Cincy and the Colts for laying down for them, that would be poetic justic.

bombay
01-05-2010, 09:53 AM
Broncos or bust.

Ramathorn
01-05-2010, 10:25 AM
Ravens. Got to. My wifes a huge ravens fan and thats probably where my boy bmarsh ends up. I WILL order a ravens bmarsh jersey. Guarandamnteed!

Ambiguous
01-05-2010, 10:34 AM
saints. as much as i hate the chargers, they are a fun team to watch play and norv has done a hell of a job this year given the injuries theyve had.

Please turn in your Broncos fan card, clearly you don't hate them enough.

**** that team, seriously.

broncocalijohn
01-05-2010, 10:57 AM
Saints. I have a NOLA connection and if I ever believed in that "two team/my NFC team" bullshat, they would be it allbeit, wayyyyyyy off in the rearview mirror.

In the AFC, anyone but the Bungholes or Chargers...I want those two teams destroyed and I don't care who does it....a pox on them (and their fans) both.

Hogan,
since we are out of the playoffs, it is ok to put some allegience to another team. For one month, it will not spoil your lovefest for the Broncos. You just cant buy any garb to wear or show that would support "the other team" and make yourself a bandwagon fan.

broncocalijohn
01-05-2010, 10:59 AM
Ravens. Got to. My wifes a huge ravens fan and thats probably where my boy bmarsh ends up. I WILL order a ravens bmarsh jersey. Guarandamnteed!

hogan,
now this guy can turn in his broncos fan card. LOL

Miss I.
01-05-2010, 12:41 PM
Okay, I realize I am about to get my broncos card questioned, but part of me is a little bit curious to see a shoot out between the Saints and the Chargers...I would enjoy watching Drew Brees kick the crap out of Philip Rivers. Either that or I would enjoy watching the Saints play off against Indy because The Saints were Archie Manning's team and I seem to be on a nostalgia kick or something.

But in truth, I have no real fondness for any choices in the AFC at all, though I will not pretend I don't like Peyton Manning, I really do, and I have friends in Indy who would be happy, but mostly I am ambivalent about the AFC without Denver being in the race anymore.

NFC: I am from AZ, so I would love the Cards to win because they have been the underdog, sad team forever and Kurt Warner is, while overexposed sometimes, a good QB and I would love to see him win with two different franchises and also avenge that loss to the Steelers. Barring that, naturally the Saints because yes I am on the Drew Brees bandwagon. I would consider the Vikings because they have never won the big game and I like Adrian Peterson and Jarred Allen, and though I think Favre has done a great job this year, I would much prefer Kurt Warner to be the one who gets a superbowl ring with two teams. If you think Philip Rivers would be insufferable upon getting a ring, I wonder just how insufferable the press would be if Favre won...I can't handle more Favreapalooza.

And there it is...

hades
01-05-2010, 12:56 PM
Hogan,
since we are out of the playoffs, it is ok to put some allegience to another team. For one month, it will not spoil your lovefest for the Broncos. You just cant buy any garb to wear or show that would support "the other team" and make yourself a bandwagon fan.

I live the Dallas/Fort Worth area (and work across the hiway from the new Cowboys stadium) and wear Bronco shirts at least 3 times a week, and I have 1 jacket and 1 coat, both Bronco's. I get a lot of looks, especially after we won against them earlier this year!

Man I hate the Cowboys!

Crushaholic
01-05-2010, 02:24 PM
I live the Dallas/Fort Worth area (and work across the hiway from the new Cowboys stadium) and wear Bronco shirts at least 3 times a week, and I have 1 jacket and 1 coat, both Bronco's. I get a lot of looks, especially after we won against them earlier this year!

Man I hate the Cowboys!

I think Dallas' run will come to a crashing halt, this week. It's very difficult to beat an opponent 3 times in the same season...

Archer81
01-05-2010, 02:45 PM
I think Dallas' run will come to a crashing halt, this week. It's very difficult to beat an opponent 3 times in the same season...

Didnt that happen to Denver in 1993? Lost to the Raiders three times?

Paladin
01-05-2010, 03:39 PM
Saints and Colts.....

Bronco Yoda
01-05-2010, 03:42 PM
Vikings and Chargers

This should make for a big love fest around here.

orinjkrush
01-05-2010, 04:05 PM
saints, cardinals vs chargers

has beens all. errr never were's

Sodak
01-05-2010, 04:56 PM
I grew up watching the Broncos and Vikings.

The Vikes are my fave NFC team.

Old Dude
01-25-2010, 02:40 PM
Hmmn. Worst to best.

12. Indianapolis Colts. Really sick of them.
11. Dallas Cowboys. Ditto.
10. San Diego Chargers. Sour grapes.
09. Green Bay Packers. Still hate 'em from the 60s.
08. Baltimore Ravens. Hate em and they wrecked our season.
07. Philadelphia Dog-Killers.
06. NE Pats. Oh c'mon. (Yuck. More Brady worship.)
05. Minnesota Vikings. (They'd be higher if not for Favre)
04. Cincinnati Bengals.
03. NY Jets. (Pathetic. They really have no business in the playoffs, but a win would be hillarious and ironic)
02. Arizona Cardinals. Hard to Hate these guys.
01. New Orleans Saints. Who has suffered more?

Anyone want to guess who I'll be pulling for in the SB?

Broncobiv
01-25-2010, 09:03 PM
I don't really care who wins as long as it IS NOT:

Chargers (F the whole team) OUT
Colts (sick of them being so good, guess I'm a hater!)
Vikings (F Brett Favre) OUT
Patriots (amazingly sick of the team and Tom Terrific) OUT

Anyone else winning would be cool with me. I guess it's be neat to see the Cardinals win since they were so close last year and have done virtually nothing but suck during their entire existence. Plus I've lived in AZ for over 20 years.

If I had to rank them:

12. San Diego Chargers (see above)
11. New England Patriots (see above)
10. Indianapolis Colts (see above)
09. Minnesota Vikings (see above)
08. New York Jets (do we really want to see Mark Sanchez win a SB??)
07. Dallas Cowboys (I hate them a lot less now that Aikman, Irvin, and Emmitt are gone)
06. Baltimore Ravens (kind of indifferent towards them)
05. Philadelphia Eagles (I like McNabb, nobody on the team besides Vick is really hateable)
04. Green Bay Packers (would like to see them win and stick it to Favre)
03. New Orleans Saints (likeable team, sure why not!)
02. Cincinnati Bengals (terrible for most of their years, 3 and 4 win seasons, never won before, I find Ocho Cinco funny)
01. Arizona Cardinals (see above)

Good bump, OD. I was recently thinking about this thread.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with the way things turned out. I am surprised, looking back, that I ranked the Colts deeper on the hate list than the Favres. As it stands now, if it was Colts vs. Vikings, I'd be going for Melonhead. So to have my 4 must not win at any cost teams actually be most of the favorites to win it all at the start of the playoffs, and only have one in the SB (and it's the least-hated of the 4 at that), I'm pretty satisfied.