PDA

View Full Version : Skins to announce Shanny at 12:30pm EST

jmz313
01-04-2010, 10:21 AM
thats what I hear here in the greater DC area.

cousinal11
01-04-2010, 10:23 AM
What about the Rooney rule?

WolfpackGuy
01-04-2010, 10:25 AM
Shanahan might want to hold out for the Eagles job.

That may come open after this weekend...

jmz313
01-04-2010, 10:25 AM
I dunno, greg Blanch?

cousinal11
01-04-2010, 10:27 AM

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello told us via e-mail this morning that "teams can interview during the season members of their own staff or coaches not working for NFL teams as prospective head coaches" and that "[s]uch interviews would count toward Rooney Rule compliance."

Nm. I think they are good to go.

loborugger
01-04-2010, 10:28 AM

I dont know... Shanny has a pretty good tan these days.

jmz313
Its being reported on the big news station WTOP in DC that it will be announced at 12:30pm.

WolfpackGuy
http://www.myfoxdc.com/subindex/live_video/news_now

jmz313
01-04-2010, 10:30 AM
they just reiterated, it might not be the HC announcement. they back tracked to changes at the Redskins.

bpc
01-04-2010, 10:38 AM
If true, great for Mike. Good luck on new beginnings. He'll have a perfectly free slate to work his magic and we'll probably see Clausen or Bradford lining up in burgundy and gold next year.

It will be interesting to compare the results between Denver and Washington over the coming years, Mike vs. McDaniels.

uplink
01-04-2010, 10:48 AM
no way it happens without a word from Schefter.

Pick Six
01-04-2010, 10:51 AM
Good. Get Shanahan off the payroll. Maybe, Bowlen will be willing to pay quality players...

colonelbeef
01-04-2010, 11:11 AM
If true, great for Mike. Good luck on new beginnings. He'll have a perfectly free slate to work his magic and we'll probably see Clausen or Bradford lining up in burgundy and gold next year.

It will be interesting to compare the results between Denver and Washington over the coming years, Mike vs. McDaniels.

I can see Campbell being a very similar player to Jake Plummer

jmz313
01-04-2010, 11:11 AM
Campbell doesnt have jake's mobility at all.

Broncoman13
01-04-2010, 11:14 AM
You watch Shanny and Shanny will be the HC and OC.

Popps
01-04-2010, 11:20 AM

Actually, the last 10 seasons in Denver was a more interesting comparison.
(One playoff win.)

What he does in Washington from here out is fairly irrelevant, really.

That said, I will wish him the best. My dad is a Redskins fan. I'd love to see Shanahan do well for them.

But, the 90s are over. His relevance to Denver is long-gone.

Broncoman13
01-04-2010, 11:29 AM
Something Mike and McD both have in common... great results with a HOF QB, not so much so without.

Shanny is walking into an almost ideal situation in Washington. Huge pocketbook, one of, if not the greatest market in the NFL. A defense that is already pretty well established for the long run. They can stop the run and they can get after the QB. The secondary needs a little help though. I imagine they'll draft Berry with their first and be done with upgrading that secondary.

On offense he has a lot of work to do. But, he can get some good use out of guys like Portis, Cooley/Davis, Moss, and Thomas. The OL will require a major overhaul. I suspect you'll see a few guys from Denver's roster end up with him. Hamilton perhaps and maybe even a guy like Meyers as well. The team's biggest need (OL) is what Shanny has done well without spending a ton of money or high draft picks. He really is walking into a good situation.

I also think that he'll try to hang on to Jason Campbell. Shanahan offers stability in Washington and with that some continuity for Jason Campbell. Between he and Kyle Shanahan, they'll get Jason Campbell up to speed in no time and he'll be a very good QB (borderline Pro-bowl) within a very short time. Of course Shanny may decide that he wants to develop his own guy and draft a QB as early as round 2 this April. I don't know what the Skins draft looks like and what picks they may or may not have???

PRBronco
01-04-2010, 11:33 AM
Good luck Shanny, and congratulations! I'm curious to see how long it takes him to get any semblance of an offensive line there. They're just awful. I wonder if it will breathe a few extra years of life into Portis's career?

OBF1
01-04-2010, 11:33 AM
Jason Campbell as a boarderline probowl QB.... thanks for the laugh, it was a long football weekend.

Broncoman13
01-04-2010, 11:36 AM
Jason Campbell as a boarderline probowl QB.... thanks for the laugh, it was a long football weekend.

If Shanny keeps him as the starter in Washington, I'd be willing to bet you a bottle of Don Julio... You on?

WolfpackGuy
01-04-2010, 11:37 AM
Jason Campbell isn't THAT bad.

Broncoman13
01-04-2010, 11:42 AM
Take a look at the numbers, Jason Campbell in that offense had very similar numbers to Kyle Orton.
21 TDs, 12 INTs, 3,802 YDS, 86.8 RTG
vs
20 TDs, 15 INTs, 3618 YDS, 86.4 RTG

Broncoman13
01-04-2010, 11:48 AM
One thing that Jason Campbell has that Kyle Orton does not, nor will he ever... Speed.

Campbell is a 4.69 guy.

Kyle Orton 5.03.

Nick seems to think that a lot of Orton's struggles were due to "bum ankles" I wonder how much those ankles hampered him over the final half of the season. I hope quite a bit b/c his mobility was scary at best.

LonghornBronco
01-04-2010, 11:48 AM
Cool, he's in the NFC and off our payroll...

OBF1
01-04-2010, 11:58 AM
If Shanny keeps him as the starter in Washington, I'd be willing to bet you a bottle of Don Julio... You on?

Hell yes it is a bet... Lets add a cuban to the wager. But I like the way you add..... IF shanny keeps him. Not much faith.

Bronx33
01-04-2010, 12:01 PM
A little part of rastaman died today.

eddie mac
01-04-2010, 12:04 PM
I wonder if he's still salivating over some of his old draft picks and will sell the whole house in Washington to get them.

I ****ing hope so. $7m plus off the books, no need to pay a player who quit on his team and get a minimum of 2 early draft picks in the process.

Broncoman13
01-04-2010, 12:09 PM
Hell yes it is a bet... Lets add a cuban to the wager. But I like the way you add..... IF shanny keeps him. Not much faith.

Shanny may have a hard on for one of the guys coming out this year. Perhaps he sees something in Claussen/Bradford/McCoy/Tebow/Snead/Pike/Clark/etc.???

Can't deal with the Cuban though...

Broncoman13
01-04-2010, 12:10 PM
I wonder if he's still salivating over some of his old draft picks and will sell the whole house in Washington to get them.

I ****ing hope so. $7m plus off the books, no need to pay a player who quit on his team and get a minimum of 2 early draft picks in the process.

Who do you have in mind? Royal, Clady, Marshall???

Dukes
01-04-2010, 12:15 PM
So is it official?

Beantown Bronco
01-04-2010, 12:17 PM
So is it official?

Nope.

And it's almost 2 hrs past the supposed time of the press conference.

Pony Boy
01-04-2010, 12:18 PM

It will be Scheffler and Hillis in a Skins uniform

HEAV
01-04-2010, 12:20 PM
Texans offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan confirmed Monday that he will join his father, Mike, if he lands in Washington.
The fact that Kyle would come out and say this publicly strongly indicates that Mike Shanahan-to-Washington is a done deal. It's unclear which family member would call plays, something Kyle excelled at with the Texans. Jan. 4 - 12:54 pm et

Broncoman13
01-04-2010, 12:23 PM
Texans offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan confirmed Monday that he will join his father, Mike, if he lands in Washington.
The fact that Kyle would come out and say this publicly strongly indicates that Mike Shanahan-to-Washington is a done deal. It's unclear which family member would call plays, something Kyle excelled at with the Texans. Jan. 4 - 12:54 pm et

Wow, called it! Not that it was too hard to figure out.

Broncoman13
01-04-2010, 12:24 PM
You watch Shanny and Shanny will be the HC and OC.

Pat self on back...black...no back.

LonghornBronco
01-04-2010, 12:26 PM
Here is another prediction:

Chris Simms will sign in Washington.

Aftermath
01-04-2010, 12:26 PM
Jason Campbell SUCKS!

baja
01-04-2010, 12:31 PM

It's not so important that Marshall apparently 'quit' what the real issue is could he have been handled differently by McD to get him to play like he did most of the season. What changed to make him sluff off.

Miss I.
01-04-2010, 12:34 PM
I found two articles discussing Shanny and the Redskins, but still just conjecture really.

1. http://www.examiner.com/x-7311-Cultural-Trends-Examiner~y2010m1d4-Redskins-fire--Jim-Zorn--Mike-Shanahan-expected-to-replace-him--influence-draft-pick-video

2. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/01/03/AR2010010302142.html?hpid=artslot

gunns
01-04-2010, 12:49 PM

Hell no, there are big rumors about St. Louis wanting Marshall badly. Get that first and get Suh.

Beantown Bronco
01-04-2010, 12:52 PM
Hell no, there are big rumors about St. Louis wanting Marshall badly. Get that first and get Suh.

If St. Louis enters the bidding, I can't think of a better scenario. They could offer some combo of a swap of first rounders and a package of other lower picks that could be quite tempting for us and could force everyone else below them to sweeten their offers.

Pony Boy
01-04-2010, 12:52 PM
I found two articles discussing Shanny and the Redskins, but still just conjecture really.

1. http://www.examiner.com/x-7311-Cultural-Trends-Examiner~y2010m1d4-Redskins-fire--Jim-Zorn--Mike-Shanahan-expected-to-replace-him--influence-draft-pick-video

2. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/01/03/AR2010010302142.html?hpid=artslot

The first article says he likes Bradford, so is that a bluff, it's not like him to show interest in a draft pick.

TheDave
01-04-2010, 12:53 PM

God I hope you are right... I'm going to spend all offseason hoping some dumb assed organization offers up a kings ransom for that idiot.

I need to get a new hobby...

Broncoman13
01-04-2010, 12:55 PM
The first article says he likes Bradford, so is that a bluff, it's not like him to show interest in a draft pick.

That's a shot at Pat Bowlen in a funny sort of way. Imagine Pat Bowlen's favorite current player from OU going with Shanny. There is some comedy in that quote from Shanahan.

Broncoman13
01-04-2010, 12:58 PM

First, I seriously doubt the Rams would give up #1 overall for BMarsh. Two, I seriously doubt that Pat Bowlen wants to pay anyone $40m in guaranteed money, especially an unproven rookie. Three, when did Suh become a good fit for the 3-4? Not saying it couldn't be done, but seems like a waste to have Suh playing in the 3-4. If we trade for the #1 overall it's b/c the team has a woody for Claussen or Bradford.

Pony Boy
01-04-2010, 12:59 PM
That's a shot at Pat Bowlen in a funny sort of way. Imagine Pat Bowlen's favorite current player from OU going with Shanny. There is some comedy in that quote from Shanahan.

True, I'm surprised he didn't throw in Jermain Gresham also...

Popps
01-04-2010, 12:59 PM

Holy crap.

I just became aroused.

Broncoman13
01-04-2010, 01:02 PM
God I hope you are right... I'm going to spend all offseason hoping some dumb assed organization offers up a kings ransom for that idiot.

More likely a team like either the Niners or Seahawks will give up one of their two picks for BMarsh. I'm guessing when all is said and done we'll get a One and a Five for him rather than a One and Three.

Another very likely scenario is the Bucs. They are very thin at WR and reportedly are not going to bring back Antonio Bryant. In all honesty, I'd prefer that pick as opposed to the #1 overall.

NFLBRONCO
01-04-2010, 01:05 PM
If the rookie scale is in this draft I'll take STL pick. If not no way Bowlen pays that cost.

TheDave
01-04-2010, 01:06 PM
More likely a team like either the Niners or Seahawks will give up one of their two picks for BMarsh. I'm guessing when all is said and done we'll get a One and a Five for him rather than a One and Three.

Another very likely scenario is the Bucs. They are very thin at WR and reportedly are not going to bring back Antonio Bryant. In all honesty, I'd prefer that pick as opposed to the #1 overall.

I hope like hell you and everyone else is right... I'm just afraid that other teams are going to look at us and call our bluff. I think everyone knows the Marshall-McDaniels marriage can't last another season.

Taco John
01-04-2010, 01:07 PM
Holy crap.

I just became aroused.

That would be a huge shot in the arm of enthusiasm.

Beantown Bronco
01-04-2010, 01:08 PM
I hope like hell you and everyone else is right... I'm just afraid that other teams are going to look at us and call our bluff. I think everyone knows the Marshall-McDaniels marriage can't last another season.

Everyone knew that about Cutler last year as well. All it takes is one sucker to believe that they can "change" him and that they're one playmaker away from greatness.

TheDave
01-04-2010, 01:12 PM
Everyone knew that about Cutler last year as well. All it takes is one sucker to believe that they can "change" him and that they're one playmaker away from greatness.

Like I said... I absolutely hope you and everyone else is right about that. I'm just worried about the combination of his off field issues and the current relationship that teams may just want to wait and see.

Pony Boy
01-04-2010, 01:13 PM
hell no, there are big rumors about st. Louis wanting marshall badly. Get that first and get suh.

Broncoman13
01-04-2010, 01:20 PM

It is in our best interest to move him that much is true. But we really hold the cards here. We give him the one and three tender which isn't a huge cap hit or amount of $ of PB to come up with. And BMarsh plays next year in Denver... or rides the pine in Denver anyhow. At this point, we will plan on being without Marshall going forward even if he is on our team next year. Some team will want his production though. There are probably 20 teams in the league that could use him, there will be at least a couple of teams interested. I'm not too worried about it.

Garcia Bronco
01-04-2010, 01:21 PM

Teams can interview and hire whom the want. The fine for not following this "rule" is insignificant. It doesn't even matter.

Garcia Bronco
01-04-2010, 01:22 PM
I would give up our 1 and Marshall and a 2nd this year to get Suh. Oh hell yeah.

broncocalijohn
01-04-2010, 01:27 PM
A little part of rastaman died today.

when can we look forward to the other part? (easy mods, not wishing death)

NFLBRONCO
01-04-2010, 01:30 PM
Like I said... I absolutely hope you and everyone else is right about that. I'm just worried about the combination of his off field issues and the current relationship that teams may just want to wait and see.

Talented QB's have way more value then WR's so I'm with you on BM. I think only way we get a #1 might be 2011 pick.

Beantown Bronco
01-04-2010, 01:31 PM
My watch is broken. Is it 12:30pm EST yet?

Pick Six
01-04-2010, 01:31 PM
If this is true, Albert Haynesworth is going to "love" Slowik's "read and react" defensive scheme...Hilarious!Hilarious!

broncocalijohn
01-04-2010, 01:32 PM
Since everyone is wondering if Marshall would have been canned by Shanny if he was still coach, does any play or absolutely nothing for Marshall in Washington (if Mike is their coach) might dispel who was correct on the rumor. Washington has a pretty good pick in the first round if we wanted to go that route. If they keep Campbell, they dont need to draft a QB this year.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-04-2010, 01:33 PM
http://twitter.com/dhellie

#Mikeshanahan (http://twitter.com/search?q=%23Mikeshanahan) has arrived in dc. Landed at dulles in redskins plane and left in snyders maybach limo.

Beantown Bronco
01-04-2010, 01:34 PM
Talented QB's have way more value then WR's so I'm with you on BM. I think only way we get a #1 might be 2011 pick.

Seahawks gave up a first rounder for Deion Branch after his career best year of 78 receptions for 998 yds and 5 TDs.

snowspot66
01-04-2010, 01:36 PM

We'll tag him with a 1st and 3rd. Lots of teams will give that up to have Marshall as opposed to waiting for him to hit FA and have to compete for his services, or risk that we just keep tagging him like Peppers.

snowspot66
01-04-2010, 01:38 PM

Multiple receivers in the last couple of years have gone for 1st round picks and none of them put up anything like Marshall.

Miss I.
01-04-2010, 01:41 PM
okay, here it is, the most important video ever about the Redskins hiring (actually it's a couple years old, but it makes me laugh).

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IW-pcmIHH5Y&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IW-pcmIHH5Y&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

oubronco
01-04-2010, 01:42 PM
http://twitter.com/dhellie

#Mikeshanahan (http://twitter.com/search?q=%23Mikeshanahan) has arrived in dc. Landed at dulles in redskins plane and left in snyders maybach limo.

WOOHOO I guess

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-04-2010, 01:43 PM
WOOHOO I guess

I'm excited. The Cutler/Shan widows now have one of two teams to choose from.

broncosteven
01-04-2010, 01:44 PM

DeathSICLE always needs a Guitarist, Bassist, Pianist, Drummerist, a dude to hit the cowbell, a Pipe organist, rhythm guitarist, roadies, and groupies among other things.

Pick one.

GoBroncos DownUnder
01-04-2010, 01:48 PM
I would give up our 1 and Marshall and a 2nd this year to get Suh. Oh hell yeah.
Agreed!:~ohyah!: I've seen a lot of Big Red games this year and last ... Orange n Blue - GO GET SUH!
(I like to dream!) ;)

TheDave
01-04-2010, 01:52 PM
DeathSICLE always needs a Guitarist, Bassist, Pianist, Drummerist, a dude to hit the cowbell, a Pipe organist, rhythm guitarist, roadies, and groupies among other things.

Pick one.

Now that I can do!!!

ColoradoBuff
01-04-2010, 01:53 PM
Go Skins!

~Crash~
01-04-2010, 01:54 PM
Boy you guys have bitten hook ,line and sinker . on all that is Marshall BS

chomping at the bit to get rid of a stud WR for draft picks (hit and miss picks )all the wile money is the problem .

Garcia Bronco
01-04-2010, 01:58 PM

chomping at the bit to get rid of a stud WR for draft picks (hit and miss picks )all the wile money is the problem .

I'd say Suh is a as much as a lock as you can get.

Broncoman13
01-04-2010, 02:00 PM
If this is true, Albert Haynesworth is going to "love" Slowik's "read and react" defensive scheme...Hilarious!Hilarious!

Slowitt won't have much to do with anything other than DBs. Shanny is going to bring in a DC and give him a lot of control. Most popular name out there right now is Zimmer (sp?) from the Bengals. He is in his final year.

TheDave
01-04-2010, 02:00 PM

Do you really think these two can co-exist?

Regardless of the money, I don't see any chance of them being together next season.

~Crash~
01-04-2010, 02:03 PM
I was going to do a thread on this but I think this will work I see a trend .

Mike Shanahan fired reason given I have to give him up .this is the hardest thing I have ever had to do .

staff writers caned

cutler canned and they was reports of a contract being worked on for cutler before he was shown the door.

Star WR made to look the villain when ever the next step is money dolled out .

Beantown Bronco
01-04-2010, 02:03 PM

Money?!?

A few weeks ago, it was money and off the field issues.

Now it's money, off the field issues, AND lack of respect for the team and the entire organization.

~Crash~
01-04-2010, 02:04 PM

our owner is in a pickle and you think he wants to jump into the brine :thumbsup:

~Crash~
01-04-2010, 02:05 PM
Money?!?

A few weeks ago, it was money and off the field issues.

Now it's money, off the field issues, AND lack of respect for the team and the entire organization.

hook ,line and sinker :thanku:

Doggcow
01-04-2010, 02:06 PM

They said this about Aaron Curry this year.

Blart
01-04-2010, 02:06 PM
Redskins have the most racist history in the NFL, it would make sense for them to mock the Rooney rule.

Beantown Bronco
01-04-2010, 02:08 PM
hook ,line and sinker :thanku:

Yup, go back to telling us all how worn out the defense was because the offense had them on the field for a whole 20 fewer plays and 6+ minutes less than the KC defense was out there for.

~Crash~
01-04-2010, 02:09 PM
Do you really think these two can co-exist?

Regardless of the money, I don't see any chance of them being together next season.

this was all about saving face . yes marshall was trying to stay health to get that huge contract . all season long he was milking it so was our coach all the same so all the it's one sided crap is just that .

~Crash~
01-04-2010, 02:11 PM
Yup, go back to telling us all how worn out the defense was because the offense had them on the field for a whole 20 fewer plays and 6+ minutes less than the KC defense was out there for.

that was a season worth of saying out on the field to long . our starters were pooped out

GoBroncos DownUnder
01-04-2010, 02:12 PM
Redskins have the most racist history in the NFL, it would make sense for them to mock the Rooney rule.
I heard yesterday, the Skins already interviewed one of their assistant coaches, who is black.

(Sorry but) Off Topic Question: Can anyone tell me, if I interviewed for the job, I'm an Australian, there's only 3 of us in the NFL, would I be considered a minority candidate?

~Crash~
01-04-2010, 02:16 PM
Our owner has problem's I hope he gets a good wind behind him soon .I think he is a great person and a fine owner but I see a bad trend

Beantown Bronco
01-04-2010, 02:16 PM
that was a season worth of saying out on the field to long . our starters were pooped out

1. We won the # of plays and TOP battle in quite a few if not most of the games this season....definitely most of the games in the 6-0 run. I did an analysis at the time.

2. The defense by and large sucked in the first half and did better in the second half of games this season. That doesn't exactly support your statement above.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-04-2010, 02:29 PM
I love it when people on a message board pretend to know what happens behind closed doors in the organization. It's hilarious.

bendog
01-04-2010, 02:39 PM
crash may not be entirely wrong. The owners seem fairly united to lower personnel costs. the final deal may involve a rookie cap for less players share of total shared revenue. Why sign a franchise qb and 100 reception wr if the cap isn't going to keep rising?

players thought they were getting just over 60% but it appears to have been closer to 50% because of some teams not spending to the cap. If the top cap is actually lowered, or slows with the yearly raises, teams spending to the top of the cap now will be at a disadvantage under a new CBA.

Ambiguous
01-04-2010, 02:42 PM
I love it when people on a message board pretend to know what happens behind closed doors in the organization. It's hilarious.

Rasta even knows McDaniels' inner monologue, although it might just be his thoughts on Hillis.

titan
01-04-2010, 02:44 PM
Adam Schefter tweets on Shanahan:

one Redskins asst. coach said Allen told staff that Shanahan is No. 1 target, but at least one other team was interested.

Snyder, Allen and Shanahan are scheduled to meet into night but no deal will get done today. Tonight's meeting about organization direction.

oubronco
01-04-2010, 02:48 PM

Yes it is

rastaman
01-04-2010, 03:07 PM
Rasta even knows McDaniels' inner monologue, although it might just be his thoughts on Hillis.

Well since you're a McD "Butt Snorkeler" I'm sure you know what eats for lunch and dinner!

By the way McAmbiegious what did McD have for breakfast today!

Dagmar
01-04-2010, 03:23 PM
CBS4 text - The Washington Post says Shanahan is going to be named head coach of the Redskins.

fontaine
01-04-2010, 03:30 PM
Great news, only because it gets him off the books in Denver.

Best of luck to Mike but I don't think he has what it takes to get the team over the hump given the way he drafts and ignores the defense.

UberBroncoMan
01-04-2010, 03:36 PM

Biggest crock of **** out there.

I'm glad Shanahan is going to the NFC though... shame it's the Redskins because I ****ing hate that team.

It will be very interesting to see what becomes of that team given they have such a great core defense atm.

Garcia Bronco
01-04-2010, 03:37 PM
They said this about Aaron Curry this year.

Yeah...I had never heard of Curry and he played in my conference.

Garcia Bronco
01-04-2010, 03:38 PM
I heard yesterday, the Skins already interviewed one of their assistant coaches, who is black.

(Sorry but) Off Topic Question: Can anyone tell me, if I interviewed for the job, I'm an Australian, there's only 3 of us in the NFL, would I be considered a minority candidate?

You would. It might be the gayest rule ever.

HEAV
01-04-2010, 03:46 PM

The rule had good intentions...but an owner is going to hire whom he wants.

bendog
01-04-2010, 03:47 PM
The way Snider has jobbed over the season tix holders who really can't afford the tix but cannot unload them is disgusting. If the media had any balls, that'd be on every pregame show.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/09/02/AR2009090203887.html

I wish shanny the best, but it's hard to want anything nice to happen to that owner.

elsid13
01-04-2010, 04:06 PM
The way Snider has jobbed over the season tix holders who really can't afford the tix but cannot unload them is disgusting. If the media had any balls, that'd be on every pregame show.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/09/02/AR2009090203887.html

I wish shanny the best, but it's hard to want anything nice to happen to that owner.

The guy is a dick and does get a lot of crap locally. Danny boy bought the local sport talk radio (a new sport radio just stared) and turned it Pro-Management and threaten the Washington Post by pulling it press passes if they were to critical. Washington Post kinda of back down to continue access to the team.

GoBroncos DownUnder
01-04-2010, 07:00 PM
Firstly - AWESOME! !Booya!

Secondly - HEY! Don't call that rule "gay", it's awesome (now)!:notworthy

Hamrob
01-04-2010, 08:28 PM
Everyone knew that about Cutler last year as well. All it takes is one sucker to believe that they can "change" him and that they're one playmaker away from greatness.100+ catches and 10td's. There's not alot to change. Teams will come calling...that's for sure.

The Moops
01-04-2010, 08:39 PM
Shanahan will not win a Super Bowl in Washington. As long as Dan Snyder owns the team . . . Snyder has tried the coveted coordinator from a Super Bowl Dynasty (norv turner), the strict but successful disciplinarian (Schottenheimer), the legendary college coach (Spurrier) and, finally, the Redskins Hall of Fame coach (Gibbs) and none were able to make it happen.

Shanahan is a control freak like Gibbs . . . he won't work with Bruce Allen and he will continue to draft poorly like he did in Denver (Willie Middlebrooks and Paul Toviessi... and ...). He will quickly hate the organization.

I worked for the Redskins organization for 5 years . . . and it's a dismal place. Everyone walks around frightened of making a mistake. All because of Snyder . . .

Tombstone RJ
01-04-2010, 08:47 PM
At least Shanny is off the Broncos payroll

Bronx33
01-04-2010, 09:03 PM
I can't wait for the plathora of shanahan threads next season!

Hamrob
01-04-2010, 09:04 PM
Shanahan will not win a Super Bowl in Washington. As long as Dan Snyder owns the team . . . Snyder has tried the coveted coordinator from a Super Bowl Dynasty (norv turner), the strict but successful disciplinarian (Schottenheimer), the legendary college coach (Spurrier) and, finally, the Redskins Hall of Fame coach (Gibbs) and none were able to make it happen.

Shanahan is a control freak like Gibbs . . . he won't work with Bruce Allen and he will continue to draft poorly like he did in Denver (Willie Middlebrooks and Paul Toviessi... and ...). He will quickly hate the organization.

I worked for the Redskins organization for 5 years . . . and it's a dismal place. Everyone walks around frightened of making a mistake. All because of Snyder . . .I think Shanny has enough money not to be afraid of anyone. I agree that Snyder hovers to close to the team...but Shanny will get them headed in the right direction. They need alot of work though...and they don't have a QB.

broncosteven
01-04-2010, 09:20 PM
I can't wait for the plathora of shanahan threads next season!

Can they beat out the # of Cutler threads or Baja polls?

Garcia Bronco
01-04-2010, 10:03 PM
The rule had good intentions...but an owner is going to hire whom he wants.

And that's the way it should be.

Garcia Bronco
01-04-2010, 10:06 PM
I worked for the Redskins organization for 5 years . . . and it's a dismal place. Everyone walks around frightened of making a mistake. All because of Snyder . . .

Blame that pompus **** face known as Jack Kemp Cooke. Effing ego maniac.

Garcia Bronco
01-04-2010, 10:09 PM
Firstly - AWESOME! !Booya!

Secondly - HEY! Don't call that rule "gay", it's awesome (now)!:notworthy

LOL...but thats the point...where do you draw the line? I am not seeing many Asian coaches interviewed in the NFL for HC positions. Why? What about Aussies? Germans? How about Irish-North East-Nordic-Eskimo-Americans? Why aren't they given a chance?

BroncoBuff
01-04-2010, 10:17 PM
Good. Get Shanahan off the payroll. Maybe, Bowlen will be willing to pay quality players...

Good point about Shanny's contract, but I've never noticed Bowlen penny pinch.