PDA

View Full Version : McDaniels and Sheffler on the radio 7:30 this morning.

ColoradoDarin
01-04-2010, 06:30 AM
McDaniels first, Sheffler later, and Elway coming up too I think

http://www.vicandgary.com/

1600am if you're in Denver.

broncofan7
01-04-2010, 06:38 AM
thx--do they broadcast live on the website?

ColoradoDarin
01-04-2010, 06:40 AM
thx--do they broadcast live on the website?

Yes they do. I'm listening from Florida

DrFate
01-04-2010, 06:53 AM
Yes they do. I'm listening from Florida

Care to summarize?

:)

ColoradoDarin
01-04-2010, 06:58 AM
Nothing much yet, they did a quote from McDaniels press conference and then talked about who would be back next year. Going to break now, and they seem to have dropped the "McDaniels is coming up next" and Elway is supposed to be on next, so I don't know what's going on. I'll try and post a summary as we go.

Beantown Bronco
01-04-2010, 07:01 AM
Going to break now, and they seem to have dropped the "McDaniels is coming up next" and Elway is supposed to be on next, so I don't know what's going on.

McD is sending Kenny Peterson out there in his place. Bank on it.

ColoradoDarin
01-04-2010, 07:09 AM
Elway talking, worst loss was Jax in 1996 playoffs, but it fueled the team for the next year.

The game is won/lost at the lines.

Says we have lost homefield advantage - used to be that we could count on coming home and snapping any losing streak.

Talking about Favre/Childress

Talk about Marshall/Sheffler after the break.

jhat01
01-04-2010, 07:12 AM
Elway thinks the "flap" may have begun during last weeks game, when BM didn't go up for a few balls.

jhat01
01-04-2010, 07:13 AM
Great players want to play in big games..Elway doesn't think he's there yet.

jhat01
01-04-2010, 07:15 AM
He also said that this shouldn't have been made public.

backup qb
01-04-2010, 07:19 AM
I love John Elway. I just wanted to say that in hopes that it makes me feel a little better this morning.

DrFate
01-04-2010, 07:20 AM
He also said that this shouldn't have been made public.

And therein lies my issue...

I don't care of Marshall slashed the coaches tires - constantly running to the podium and trashing the players is not professional. He did it with Culter, and now has done it with Marshall/Scheffler.

If Marshall was out of line, deal with it. But deal with it internally.

ColoradoDarin
01-04-2010, 07:26 AM
Elways says Marshall thing started last week, with Marshall not giving it his all in the game. Snowballed from there to the film room to Marshall being called out and then the hamstring. Brandon has grown up a little bit, but when they really needed him, something came up.

It's hard to take sides when you're not in the middle of it. You need great players who want to be there. Marshall isn't in that class. Marshall will make a great living in the NFL, but he's not really a team player.

Do others need to be worried about being called out? Should be handled behind closed doors. Josh will wish be probably didn't talk about it. Brandon had some reason to not trust medical staff from last year.

All of this wouldn't have affected the outcome of the game. 313 yards rushing is difficult to overcome. Josh is putting his footprint on the team, Wasn't going to get it turned around in one year. Looking for his players - guys who will be there every week who will put the team above themselves.

Coaches job is to get the best of each player, plus put them in situations to play the best they can play. Coach is also a psychiatrist. Doing was was best for the other 52 guys.

On Sheffler - I've seen guys get cut for comments (Aaron Cramer) like that. It's not that unusual. You still got to realize that you work for the coach. Tough to overcome that, even with talent

Players back/not -
Orton - yes
Marshall - no
Sheffler - no
Doom - yes
Hillis - yes
Simms - no

I like Kyle Orton, he's good for this team, you have to put guys around him. Bad game, the 2nd pick wasn't really his fault, LB made a great play, I've done that.

Biggest need - win in December (laughs) Upgrade Defensively - first 5-6 games were really good. Need those 2-3 plays (5) to go their way, win those 5 key plays in a game. Need some depth. They have the receivers, need to get the running game going.

Josh will play the player who will win the games. He doesn't have to like them, but they have to have the right attitude. Josh's coaching life is one the line too, so he doesn't care if they are "Shanahan guys." Doesn't understand why the press falls in love with Hillis. Cutler was another one. He wants his style of football and player.

Why isn't Elway in a FO? Those are things I look at, at some point I would like to have that. No question something I'd like to do.

Did not go to the game yesterday. I agree that home field dominance has been lost, lose to the raiders and chiefs at home.

ColoradoDarin
01-04-2010, 07:27 AM
Sheffler coming up after the break

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-04-2010, 07:28 AM
And therein lies my issue...

I don't care of Marshall slashed the coaches tires - constantly running to the podium and trashing the players is not professional. He did it with Culter, and now has done it with Marshall/Scheffler.

If Marshall was out of line, deal with it. But deal with it internally.

waitwaitwait.

How did he "do it with Cutler"? It wasn't McD that was urgently calling Mort as soon as he heard a rumor about trade scenarios.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-04-2010, 07:30 AM
I agree that home field dominance has been lost, lose to the raiders and chiefs at home.

Me too. Two months ago I didn't know if we'd lose at home. We are 0-3 in the division this year at home. That's god awful.

ColoradoDarin
01-04-2010, 07:33 AM
Waiting on Sheffler - didn't answer his phone.

Hulamau
01-04-2010, 07:33 AM
He didn't do **** with Cutler he said only the right things in public about Cutler.

I think Josh would have been rather take back what he said on Friday and keep that in house but he was obviously very disappointed and pissed the Marshall was playing the me first punk against such a time.

Josh did nothing but nearly polish Cutlers balls at the Florida press conference so these fantasy history the he called out Cutler in the press is a JOKE!

oubronco
01-04-2010, 07:34 AM
can this circus shyt be over with already i'm sick of it

DrFate
01-04-2010, 07:37 AM
That's a joke. McDaniels looked like an ass even AFTER the Cutler trade. He went on and on about 'we tried, it wasn't our fault, the player did this, the player did that'. Look up the threads relevant to that time period.

Cutler took the high road in his press conference, saying 'I'm here, I don't want to talk about what got me here'.

Selective memory, it seems.

ColoradoDarin
01-04-2010, 07:38 AM
Just random playoff talk, stretching.

Going to try and get Sheffler again - they are joking about him having cold feet now.

meangene
01-04-2010, 07:41 AM
Waiting on Sheffler - didn't answer his phone.

Classic!

Hulamau
01-04-2010, 07:44 AM
Elway said he really likes Kyle when Vic tried to bate him into saying he would cut Orton. He said Kyle is good for the Broncos and just needs to have a little more help in the defensive consistency and the run game (i.e oline run-blocking). John said kyle has the smarts and good attitude to lead the team and be successful."

Of course, Elway has no idea what hes talking about when it comes to QB in teh NFL for the Broncos. But the Kill Kyle guys among you carry on. :)

Also called Scheffler on the carpet for his comment saying in his day guys get cut entirely for such a comment. He got off light with Josh. Said he wasn't surprised at all about Scheff.

He also called Marshall out saying he hasn't shown the commitment play tough for the team when the team really needs him week in and week out even though he is a great player. He said Josh was obviously thinking more about the effect on the other 52 guys in the locker room and was more concerned with their feelings when asked to play hard fro the team and not just Brandon when he benched him.

He also said he thought Josh would in hindsight decide not to discuss the Marshall benching in public but keep it in-house next time. But he was supportive of Josh down the line decision to bench him down the line.

bendog
01-04-2010, 07:47 AM
FYI, on culter, lil josh fired bates after saying publically that bates would stay.

Hulamau
01-04-2010, 07:48 AM
Scheff gets biatch-slapped by Elway and then chickens out on his promise to call in on Vic & Gary. :-)

jhns
01-04-2010, 07:49 AM
He didn't do **** with Cutler he said only the right things in public about Cutler.

I think Josh would have been rather take back what he said on Friday and keep that in house but he was obviously very disappointed and pissed the Marshall was playing the me first punk against such a time.

Josh did nothing but nearly polish Cutlers balls at the Florida press conference so these fantasy history the he called out Cutler in the press is a JOKE!

LOL.... This has to be a joke. McDaniels was trashing Jay last offseason. He also is the one that created the situation. He is the reason we have problems with players. Every coach has to deal with egos and McD doesn't know how. Even the Patriots have me-first bad attitudes. They don't have problems with those players because they know what they are doing.

You want to know how you can tell he is the problem? Look at this last problem with Marshall. He won't reveal injuries or that players aren't playing in games no matter what. Why is this week different? It is because he is trying to piss off players and lower their value so we get lowballed this season when he gives them away. The guy is completely lost.

Beantown Bronco
01-04-2010, 07:50 AM
FYI, on culter, lil josh fired bates after saying publically that bates would stay.

I don't recall that quote and don't believe it is accurate. I do, however, clearly recall Josh stating from day one that he would be calling the plays.

DrFate
01-04-2010, 07:50 AM
Thanks for the summary!

ColoradoDarin
01-04-2010, 07:53 AM
Looks like Sheffler wussed out.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-04-2010, 07:53 AM

Not true. Bates was offered the SC OC job, and when it became clear that he wouldn't be calling plays in Denver, he left to take that job.

vancejohnson82
01-04-2010, 07:55 AM
LOL.... This has to be a joke. McDaniels was trashing Jay last offseason. He also is the one that created the situation. He is the reason we have problems with players. Every coach has to deal with egos and McD doesn't know how. Even the Patriots have me-first bad attitudes. They don't have problems with those players because they know what they are doing.

You want to know how you can tell he is the problem? Look at this last problem with Marshall. He won't reveal injuries or that players aren't playing in games no matter what. Why is this week different? It is because he is trying to piss off players and lower their value so we get lowballed this season when he gives them away. The guy is completely lost.

Just so I get this straight....McDaniels is LOWERING THE VALUE of guys he wants to get rid of, so the team will get less in return?

Ummmm....what?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-04-2010, 07:57 AM
Just so I get this straight....McDaniels is LOWERING THE VALUE of guys he wants to get rid of, so the team will get less in return?

Ummmm....what?

It made sense to him. Just go with it.

ColoradoDarin
01-04-2010, 07:58 AM
That's it, no Sheffler today. Elway sounded really good and I would love to seem him in a FO capacity in just about any organization. The NFL is a better place with Elway involved.

jhns
01-04-2010, 07:59 AM

Ummmm....what?

Yeah, I don't get it either.

Meck77
01-04-2010, 08:00 AM
Interesting at the end Vic mentioned that Prater separated his shoulder on tackle yet still kicked in the game. Meanwhile a healthy Marshall was probably drinking margaritas during the game.

Prater>Marshall.

jhns
01-04-2010, 08:03 AM
Interesting at the end Vic mentioned that Prater separated his shoulder on tackle yet still kicked in the game. Meanwhile a healthy Marshall was probably drinking margaritas during the game.

Prater>Marshall.

Did you just compare a kicker with a shoulder injury to a receiver with a leg injury? Even if Marshall was faking, that sounds pretty dumb.

eddie mac
01-04-2010, 08:03 AM

Ummmm....what?

Dont bother your ass with these dumb****s. It's like they're all ecstatic that the season ended the way it did just so they can say "I told you so" yet not one of the ****ers were here through Weeks 1-6.

I dont have time for plastic fans like that, if there's no drama they aint interested so please all of you **** off to Chicago or Shanahan's next destination.

Beantown Bronco
01-04-2010, 08:04 AM
Did you just compare a kicker with a shoulder injury to a receiver with a leg injury? Even if Marshall was faking, that sounds pretty dumb.

there is no leg injury

vancejohnson82
01-04-2010, 08:04 AM
Yeah, I don't get it either.

no, im really asking....is this something that you believe?? or are you just being off-handed with this

why would a coach, who's career is going to be somewhat defined with this franchise, lower a player's value who he is probably looking to get rid of? If McDaniels does have an ego, he would do the opposite and try to bring in guys that make HIM look better....

so McDaniels is now trying to sabotage the organization and his own career? Isn't that a stretch? The unbridled hate for this guy has taken a seriously strange turn with some of you. Now you are acting as though he is going to purposely bring this franchise into the toilet to satisfy some weird vendetta?

some of you should be writing SNL skits

Meck77
01-04-2010, 08:05 AM

Faking an injury is pretty dumb isn't it. There has been enough reported to prove Marshall has been dogging it.

TonyR
01-04-2010, 08:06 AM
To summarize even more succinctly for the haters, Elway supports McD and the team and does not support Marshall or Scheffler. Elway also supports Orton and says we need to get better on the LOS. Any questions?

Hulamau
01-04-2010, 08:07 AM

No he didn't show us the direct quote where Josh said Bates will stay for sure? Come on pony up!

oubronco
01-04-2010, 08:07 AM

thats interesting, didn't see that perspective anywhere

TheDave
01-04-2010, 08:08 AM
To summarize even more succinctly for the haters, Elway supports McD and the team and does not support Marshall or Scheffler. Elway also supports Orton and says we need to get better on the LOS. Any questions?

to be fair he also suported shanahan and cutler... and that was after he suported shanahan and plummer.

Hell I think he even suported shanahan and greise.

~Crash~
01-04-2010, 08:08 AM

good to see you bendog. happy to see your other team the saint doing so well

Mecklomaniac
01-04-2010, 08:09 AM
there is no leg injury

Thank you Dr. Bean

jhns
01-04-2010, 08:09 AM
no, im really asking....is this something that you believe?? or are you just being off-handed with this

why would a coach, who's career is going to be somewhat defined with this franchise, lower a player's value who he is probably looking to get rid of? If McDaniels does have an ego, he would do the opposite and try to bring in guys that make HIM look better....

so McDaniels is now trying to sabotage the organization and his own career? Isn't that a stretch? The unbridled hate for this guy has taken a seriously strange turn with some of you. Now you are acting as though he is going to purposely bring this franchise into the toilet to satisfy some weird vendetta?

Wait, so you don't think he is hurting Marshalls value now? How about Sheffler? Do you really think we have any other option but to release him at this point?

Who cares if he is doing it on purpose? Not knowing how to deal with players is costing this team talent and is making it much harder to get fair value from them. If you think I am wrong here, I would say you need to grow a brain.

oubronco
01-04-2010, 08:10 AM
there is no leg injury

Bean you need to go back and watch the Philly game. Marshall tweaked his hammy then supposedly reinjured it in practice but he did pull up lame on it in the Philly game

vancejohnson82
01-04-2010, 08:14 AM
Wait, so you don't think he is hurting Marshalls value now? How about Sheffler? Do you really think we have any other option but to release him at this point?

Who cares if he is doing it on purpose? Not knowing how to deal with players is costing this team talent and is making it much harder to get fair value from them. If you think I am wrong here, I would say you need to grow a brain.

once again, you prove that you don't know how football works. Each of these guys will be RFAs next year. Releasing them is out of the question. Marshall's value is what it is at this point unless he beats his girlfriend or falls into a TV again...which is very possible.

So you think McDaniels is hurting these guys so they dont get bigger contracts? Is that your point? I'm seriously trying to understand your logic/intellect here.

uplink
01-04-2010, 08:17 AM

Elway's take is probably always in line with that of Bowlen. If the owner were ready to blow this thing up, Elway would not have given an interview much less one supportive of McD.

TonyR
01-04-2010, 08:18 AM
to be fair...

Those are fair points. But note that the only thing he did criticize is that maybe the Marshall turmoil should have been kept internal. You've got people melting down about far more than that. Elway fully supported the more rational arguments that have been made here and not the hater/sky is falling mentality. Marshall and Scheffler and clearly in the wrong and McD clearly did what he had to do in the best interests of the team. Elway also noted the talent deficiencies along the line of scrimmage which are painfully apparent and yet some choose to ignore and blame on Orton and/or McD.

~Crash~
01-04-2010, 08:19 AM

what is he to say ? he has to support who ever pat has in power.

He is friends with pat and does business with him.

gyldenlove
01-04-2010, 08:20 AM
there is no leg injury

There was no hip injury last year, except for the big surgery and 5 months of rehab, on injuries I have no faith in the Broncos medical staff, they ****ed up the Al Wilson injury and Marshalls last year, these are not difficult things to deal with unless you have an agenda that is not compatible with an injury and you so you choose to ignore clear signs to please those who pay the bills.

TonyR
01-04-2010, 08:20 AM
Elway's take is probably always in line with that of Bowlen.

Fully agree that Elway isn't going to publicly trash the organization. But on the other hand he's not going to go public with lies and things he doesn't support either. I think it's fair to say Elway was being truthy with a pro team slant. He has no reason to go on the radio and outright lie.

jhns
01-04-2010, 08:21 AM
once again, you prove that you don't know how football works. Each of these guys will be RFAs next year. Releasing them is out of the question. Marshall's value is what it is at this point unless he beats his girlfriend or falls into a TV again...which is very possible.

So you think McDaniels is hurting these guys so they dont get bigger contracts? Is that your point? I'm seriously trying to understand your logic/intellect here.

I was only talking about Sheffler and you really think he is coming back now? Really? I don't know how football works but you think we are bringing back someone that has had problems all year, aired publicly by McDaniels, and had to be benched because he went against what McDaniels preached? This guy is being brought back? LOL..... I have pretty much the same questions about Marshall. Do you really think they can lowball him and force him back next year? That will really help the locker room.

To answer your question, no I don't think he knows he is doing it. He isn't smart enough, obviously. He would have stopped by now if that was the case. Let me ask you this, what exactly do you accomplish by airing the dirty laundry in public other than hurting the player and his value? What benifit does this have and how does it help you get good value if you do have to get rid of the player? Why would others want your problems?

TonyR
01-04-2010, 08:22 AM
what is he to say ?

As I said above, I think if he had strong feelings the other way he wouldn't say anything. Elway has his own credibility to protect.

jhns
01-04-2010, 08:23 AM
Fully agree that Elway isn't going to publicly trash the organization. But on the other hand he's not going to go public with lies and things he doesn't support either. I think it's fair to say Elway was being truthy with a pro team slant. He has no reason to go on the radio and outright lie.

You never listen to Elway do you?

Beantown Bronco
01-04-2010, 08:26 AM
Thank you Dr. Bean

Just quoting the doctors who were there and ran the tests. And Marshall is not denying the test results.

Beantown Bronco
01-04-2010, 08:27 AM
There was no hip injury last year, except for the big surgery and 5 months of rehab, on injuries I have no faith in the Broncos medical staff, they ****ed up the Al Wilson injury and Marshalls last year, these are not difficult things to deal with unless you have an agenda that is not compatible with an injury and you so you choose to ignore clear signs to please those who pay the bills.

They didn't f-up the Al Wilson injury. They knew exactly what he had, he chose to play with it, possibly made it worse during that game, and they tried to trade him in the offseason. Sure, it's the definition of cold and looks bad. But there was no misdiagnosis that I'm aware of.

vancejohnson82
01-04-2010, 08:31 AM
I was only talking about Sheffler and you really think he is coming back now? Really? I don't know how football works but you think we are bringing back someone that has had problems all year, aired publicly by McDaniels, and had to be benched because he went against what McDaniels preached? This guy is being brought back? LOL..... I have pretty much the same questions about Marshall. Do you really think they can lowball him and force him back next year? That will really help the locker room.

To answer your question, no I don't think he knows he is doing it. He isn't smart enough, obviously. He would have stopped by now if that was the case. Let me ask you this, what exactly do you accomplish by airing the dirty laundry in public other than hurting the player and his value? What benifit does this have and how does it help you get good value if you do have to get rid of the player? Why would others want your problems?

You are missing the point.....Marshall and Scheffler will have no CHOICE but to come back unless someone gives up picks for them. He might cut Sheffler but no way with Marshall. There will be no contract talks to Marshall from Denver next year so anything involving money or contracts is just silly. If anything McDaniels put it out there knowing now, that if somebody wants him they cant step up and give us their 1st and 3rd round picks....thats how it works. There will always be room on soomeones roster for a guy like Marshall...so you can kiss him goodbye this offseason.

Hillis, Scheffler and Marshall will all be gone next year. So talking about how any of these guys fits in next year is a waste of bandwith. McDaniels is going to take this 60/40 divide in the locker room and squash it. Next year your whole camp is going to hate this team because the Shanny leftovers will be few and far between.

Say goodbye to them and say hello to Richard Seymour.

titan
01-04-2010, 08:32 AM
In listening to the Elway interview I got the impression John really wants to get back into the NFL in a GM/management position. McDaniels is going to be here at least another year but if things go south for Josh I wouldn't be surprised if Bowlen gives Elway a call.

55CrushEm
01-04-2010, 08:33 AM

This has to be one of the most ignorant posts I've read.

First...."Even the Pats have me-first bad attitudes...they don't have problems with those players..." What?!?! The Pats have had more "healthy-scratches" this years than they ever had do to these idiots....Thomas, Moss, etc.

Second...."trying to lower their value...." Dude, this is just dumb.....as is your entire post.

TonyR
01-04-2010, 08:35 AM
McDaniels is going to take this 60/40 divide in the locker room and squash it.

Do we know for sure that a divide of this magnitude even exists?

~Crash~
01-04-2010, 08:36 AM
In listening to the Elway interview I got the impression John really wants to get back into the NFL in a GM/management position. McDaniels is going to be here at least another year but if things go south for Josh I wouldn't be surprised if Bowlen gives Elway a call.

that I think would be damn good for the Broncos ! Elway even when playing had a lot of saying in who was on the team.

bendog
01-04-2010, 08:38 AM
Beantown, Bowlen assured Lambchop bates was staying. You're right that lil josh didn't promise that bates would stay.

"Yes, I was upset when they let Jeremy go because Mr. Bowlen had assured me when Mike [Shanahan] was fired that the offense wouldn't change because it was the second-ranked offense in football," Cutler said. "But I didn't push for a trade then."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3995461

I continue to think that when Bowlen backtracked was when lamb chop decided den was not in his best interests.

happy new year, crash

missingnumber7
01-04-2010, 08:40 AM
that I think would be damn good for the Broncos ! Elway even when playing had a lot of saying in who was on the team.

Thats why shanny came in the first place. I don't think there is a fan that would disagree with Elway working for the team is a bad thing. At least no one who was a fan from 84-98 would.

TonyR
The Pats have had more "healthy-scratches" this years than they ever had do to these idiots....Thomas, Moss, etc.

Second...."trying to lower their value...." Dude, this is just dumb.....as is your entire post.

Yep, the Pats had a lot of issues with Adalius Thomas and Randy Moss, among others. Some here want to say only Denver has these problems.

And the whole trade value argument is really stupid. These dopes made the same comments during the Cutler fiasco and his value held up just fine.

Hulamau

Please show me a direct quote where Josh has ever publicly 'trashed' Jay???? You cant, because you're just shooting from your hips again and from an utterly misinformed bias.

The same kind of misinformed and myopic logic you are using now.

The most Josh EVER said was he had no intention of actually trading Cutler ( prior to Cutlers Sissy melt down and petulant snubbing of the owner) . He also said that they continued to try to real the player and had not luck in getting any more one on one meetings without hi agent so they could resolve the issue between the two of them.

It was Cutler who demanded the trade not Josh. Josh simply explored the possiblity and if the full deal might be a better one over all for a rebuilding team. He said it never got to the level of actually considering pulling the trigger. Until of course Cutler and his agent just stonewalled themselves out of town.

At NO time did he "trash" your sweet heart. His only 'sin' from yoru perspective is that he even entertained the offered to trade Cutler from a bunch of picks and Cassel. Which by the way NEVER got serious enough to even bring up the option to Bowlen.

And yet you and some others hit the panic button, just like baby Jay, at the mere idea of it! Making the same kind of knee jerk negative assumptions now about Josh and his 'motives' as you did then. Why am I not surprised?

baja
01-04-2010, 08:41 AM
<b>Elways says Marshall thing started last week, with Marshall not giving it his all in the game. Snowballed from there to the film room to Marshall being called out and then the hamstring. Brandon has grown up a little bit, but when they really needed him, something came up.

It's hard to take sides when you're not in the middle of it. You need great players who want to be there. Marshall isn't in that class. Marshall will make a great living in the NFL, but he's not really a team player.

Do others need to be worried about being called out? Should be handled behind closed doors. Josh will wish be probably didn't talk about it. Brandon had some reason to not trust medical staff from last year.

All of this wouldn't have affected the outcome of the game. 313 yards rushing is difficult to overcome. Josh is putting his footprint on the team, Wasn't going to get it turned around in one year. Looking for his players - guys who will be there every week who will put the team above themselves.

Coaches job is to get the best of each player, plus put them in situations to play the best they can play. Coach is also a psychiatrist. Doing was was best for the other 52 guys.

On Sheffler - I've seen guys get cut for comments (Aaron Cramer) like that. It's not that unusual. You still got to realize that you work for the coach. Tough to overcome that, even with talent

Players back/not -
Orton - yes
Marshall - no
Sheffler - no
Doom - yes
Hillis - yes
Simms - no

I like Kyle Orton, he's good for this team, you have to put guys around him. Bad game, the 2nd pick wasn't really his fault, LB made a great play, I've done that.

Biggest need - win in December (laughs) Upgrade Defensively - first 5-6 games were really good. Need those 2-3 plays (5) to go their way, win those 5 key plays in a game. Need some depth. They have the receivers, need to get the running game going.

Josh will play the player who will win the games. He doesn't have to like them, but they have to have the right attitude. Josh's coaching life is one the line too, so he doesn't care if they are "Shanahan guys." Doesn't understand why the press falls in love with Hillis. Cutler was another one. He wants his style of football and player.

Why isn't Elway in a FO? Those are things I look at, at some point I would like to have that. No question something I'd like to do.</b>

Did not go to the game yesterday. I agree that home field dominance has been lost, lose to the raiders and chiefs at home.

I'm a little confused. Everything I bolded was said by Elway? Or are some of your thoughts interjected within the bolded part.

vancejohnson82
01-04-2010, 08:42 AM
Do we know for sure that a divide of this magnitude even exists?

Tony,

I don't....I'm just assuming the worst and using that number being that 60 percent of the roster was new. However, I'm pretty sure there is some sort of a divide in there.

ANytime a guy feels that he can say, "Man, I can't wait for our season to be over" and he doesnt get punched in the mouth, there has to be some people that agree with him.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-04-2010, 08:44 AM
I'm a little confused. Everything I bolded was said by Elway? Or are some of your thoughts interjected within the bolded part.

Don't think Elway refers to himself as "Elway."

"Why isn't Elway in a FO?"

jhns
01-04-2010, 08:45 AM
OK, you guys got me. Airing our dirty laundry to the media and calling out players publicly is exactly how all the top organizations do it. This doesn't hurt a players value at all. In the NFL that is going away from problem players, it only helps to create a perception that the player is not about the team and doesn't work hard. This will assure us people will give up high picks for those players.

Also, we can just lowball Marshall because that's how it works this year! He won't be a distraction or create far more problems when you insult him and slap him in the face. He will be great for the locker room. Airing his past problems will assure us teams will want to give up multiple high picks to take him from us. The bidding war will get just as intense as it would have been if this stuff wasn't thrown out to the public....
Riiiiiight.....

You guys can't really be this dumb.

ColoradoDarin
01-04-2010, 08:48 AM

No, those are all Elway, even the non-bolded part. He was agreeing with the hosts on the last part too. I'm not particularly the quickest typist, just doing the best I could :)

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-04-2010, 08:48 AM
Please show me a direct quote where Josh has ever publicly 'trashed' Jay???? You cant, because you're just shooting from your hips again and from an utterly misinformed bias.

jhns is misinformed? That's unpossible!

http://www.apollomediablog.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/ralphnose.jpg

ColoradoDarin
01-04-2010, 08:49 AM
Don't think Elway refers to himself as "Elway."

"Why isn't Elway in a FO?"

Yeah, he was asked that, so I thought it would make more sense with John's reply with it in there.

vancejohnson82
01-04-2010, 08:55 AM
OK, you guys got me. Airing our dirty laundry to the media and calling out players publicly is exactly how all the top organizations do it. This doesn't hurt a players value at all. In the NFL that is going away from problem players, it only helps to create a perception that the player is not about the team and doesn't work hard. This will assure us people will give up high picks for those players.

Also, we can just lowball Marshall because that's how it works this year! He won't be a distraction or create far more problems when you insult him and slap him in the face. He will be great for the locker room. Airing his past problems will assure us teams will want to give up multiple high picks to take him from us. The bidding war will get just as intense as it would have been if this stuff wasn't thrown out to the public....
Riiiiiight.....

You guys can't really be this dumb.

Dude,

I've tried to understand your posts and respond with counterpoints but you keep going back to some sort of conspiracy/vendetta/cutting off your nose to spite your face - type argument. THere is NO BIDDING WAR on RFAs for the most part...teams either give up what they will offer and then we get draft picks in return. He will get a qualifying offer and I GUARANTEE it will be of the top value. We will make it up to the level that we will get a 1st and 3rd rounder for him and thats that.

You are trying to make this into a whole situation where McDaniels is lowering Marshall's value, but thats really inconsequential here because he will get the highest tender offer no matter what. All McDaniels was trying to do was appease the vets on the team and make it clear to Marshall that his crap won't be accepted here anymore.

And Shefffler gave up on this team a long time ago...

jhns
01-04-2010, 09:02 AM
jhns is misinformed? That's unpossible!

http://www.apollomediablog.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/ralphnose.jpg

You argue in favor of Orton and now you guys are trying to act like McDaniels is actually handling these situations well. I don't need to say any more. You guys seem to have no clue what is going on.

vancejohnson82
01-04-2010, 09:06 AM
You argue in favor of Orton and now you guys are trying to act like McDaniels is actually handling these situations well. I don't need to say any more. You guys seem to have no clue what is going on.

you don't know how free agency or contract situations work and you sure as hell don't know about evaluating talent...

if this was a Twilight board you might actually be able to hold your own once in a while here.

jhns
01-04-2010, 09:10 AM
/cutting off your nose to spite your face - type argument.

This is more like it. There is no conspiracy. McDaniels doesn't know what he is doing. I am not saying he is doing this on purpose like you keep going back to. You aren't bringing counter points, you are just part of the "McD is above the Broncos" crowd and get your feelings hurt when people question him.

He doesn't handle players well, period. He mishandled Cutler and now is doing the same with multiple other players. You don't get better by getting less talented... You don't go to the public with this stuff. You guys think he can do no wrong and I say no one with a brain agrees with you.

Also, there is a bidding war. You say I don't know how it works? What, any team just hands us a first and third and we take the first offer no matter what? RFA means we hold his rights and can match other teams. They can still bid for him if we aren't keeping him.

jhns
01-04-2010, 09:17 AM
you don't know how free agency or contract situations work and you sure as hell don't know about evaluating talent...

if this was a Twilight board you might actually be able to hold your own once in a while here.

Riiiight, Orton is the greatest ever! I see how your talent evaluation goes. This team was a joke the second we went into a season with Orton. I bet you defend it though.

I don't know how this stuff works? You are the one showing you don't know. You act like if we put a first round tender on Marshall, teams just give up a first for Marshall. You act like they can't bid beyond that. You act like it would be a good thing to keep Marshall when no one wants to give that up because we can. Like he would just be OK being lowballed and would be a great locker room presence.

Nothing you say makes any sense. You have no clue about the NFL, FA, or how contracts work. You have no idea about talent. You are just another random member of this "McDaniels is above the Broncos" group. You have fun with that.

vancejohnson82
01-04-2010, 09:19 AM
This is more like it. There is no conspiracy. McDaniels doesn't know what he is doing. I am not saying he is doing this on purpose like you keep going back to. You aren't bringing counter points, you are just part of the "McD is above the Broncos" crowd and get your feelings hurt when people question him.

He doesn't handle players well, period. He mishandled Cutler and now is doing the same with multiple other players. You don't get better by getting less talented... You don't go to the public with this stuff. You guys think he can do no wrong and I say no one with a brain agrees with you.

Also, there is a bidding war. You say I don't know how it works? What, any team just hands us a first and third and we take the first offer no matter what? RFA means we hold his rights and can match other teams. They can still bid for him if we aren't keeping him.

ONce that offer reaches a certain level, we are guaranteed a certain level of picks. He will surely be offered the top tender. After that, I could care less how much money his agent and him go after....its not our problem.

I don't think McD is perfect. The Quinn drafting supplemented by the Smith trade and draft are highly questionable. The overruse of a rookie RB like Moreno was strange as was Royal's limited role in the offense. Not sure if we should have gone away from the ZBS so soon either.

Nobody has blinders on here. This team/organization needs work, as it did coming into the year. However, in order to get where we want to go, we needed a direction and a plan. I believe McDaniels knows exactly what that plan is....which I can't say the same about certain other coaches who are lacking a distinct direction (Raheem Morris comes to mind).

People can say what they want about our coach but to say that he is sabatoging certain situations to prove a point is a mockery. If the vets like Dawkins, Bailey, Orton and DJ came up to McD and asked him to squash an issue, and McDaniels didnt do it...wow, he would have really lost this team.

jhns
01-04-2010, 09:24 AM
People can say what they want about our coach but to say that he is sabatoging certain situations to prove a point is a mockery. If the vets like Dawkins, Bailey, Orton and DJ came up to McD and asked him to squash an issue, and McDaniels didnt do it...wow, he would have really lost this team.

He is sabotaging situations to prove a point. He just doesn't know he is screwing them up. He is just trying to prove a point. This is why it is a ™problem, he doesn't realize its a problem....

Do you have a quote from these vets that says Marshall wasnr acting right and needed benched? I would love to see it. I would love to see anything even close to that.

No matter your spin, maiking all of this public is proof McD has no idea what he is doing.

vancejohnson82
01-04-2010, 09:31 AM
He is sabotaging situations to prove a point. He just doesn't know he is screwing them up. He is just trying to prove a point. This is why it is a ™problem, he doesn't realize its a problem....

Do you have a quote from these vets that says Marshall wasnr acting right and needed benched? I would love to see it. I would love to see anything even close to that.

No matter your spin, maiking all of this public is proof McD has no idea what he is doing.

This is the difference between our views. You constantly speak in definite terms...and they are:

1) McDaniels has NO CLUE what he is doing
2) McDaniels has vendettas out and will do anyting he can to prove his points
3) Orton is a horrible quarterback

Meanwhile, certain posters like to read into things with a little bit of rationale. If McDaniels had NO IDEA WHAT HE WAS DOING, it would be pretty obvious to all...which it isnt. If Orton was a HORRIBLE QB he wouldnt have started for another NFL franchise and then lasted the whole season as Denver's starting QB. ANd if McDaniels truly had vendettas out against players he would have lost the entire team much earlier.

The issues with this team are not black and white. But keep percieving them that way.

jhns
01-04-2010, 09:40 AM
This is the difference between our views. You constantly speak in definite terms...and they are:

1) McDaniels has NO CLUE what he is doing
2) McDaniels has vendettas out and will do anyting he can to prove his points
3) Orton is a horrible quarterback

Meanwhile, certain posters like to read into things with a little bit of rationale. If McDaniels had NO IDEA WHAT HE WAS DOING, it would be pretty obvious to all...which it isnt. If Orton was a HORRIBLE QB he wouldnt have started for another NFL franchise and then lasted the whole season as Denver's starting QB. ANd if McDaniels truly had vendettas out against players he would have lost the entire team much earlier.

The issues with this team are not black and white. But keep percieving them that way.

There are many bad QBs starting in this league. Orton couldn't beat out the ones in Chicago and they obviously didn't want him after he did start and that is why he was replaced. Really? This is your argument?

What is with you and this vendetta crap? I have not said anything like that. I am saying he doesn't know how to handle these situations and is screwing them up. I am not saying he is just out to get the players. You are far to into conspiracies. My thinking is far more straight forward. He has been given multiple situations to deal with and he has handled them wrong. No need for conspiracies.

As for you guys, this constant "McDaniels is above the Broncos" attitude is a joke. You are McDaniels fans, not Bronco fans. Bronco fans want what is best for the Broncos, not what is best for McDaniels. We defend the Broncos, not McDaniels. McDaniels fans need to find a McDaniels forum.

vancejohnson82
01-04-2010, 09:46 AM
There are many bad QBs starting in this league. Orton couldn't beat out the ones in Chicago and they obviously didn't want him after he did start and that is why he was replaced. Really? This is your argument?

What is with you and this vendetta crap? I have not said anything like that. I am saying he doesn't know how to handle these situations and is screwing them up. I am not saying he is just out to get the players. You are far to into conspiracies. My thinking is far more straight forward. He has been given multiple situations to deal with and he has handled them wrong. No need for conspiracies.

As for you guys, this constant "McDaniels is above the Broncos" attitude is a joke. You are McDaniels fans, not Bronco fans. Bronco fans want what is best for the Broncos, not what is best for McDaniels. We defend the Broncos, not McDaniels. McDaniels fans need to find a McDaniels forum.

Jay Cutler didnt care about the Broncos....he is gone
Brandon Marshall doesnt care about the Broncos....he will be gone
Tony Sheffler couldnt wait for OUR season to end....he will be gone

McDaniels is here for the long haul....the sooner you realize that, the sooner you will enjoy this team a bit more. The saddest thing about this forum is that at 6-0 the whole bandwagon of people who supposedly love this team, stopped visiting the board adn then promptly returned when we started losing again.

Theres no point of people like us debating on this board because you are going to sit in the back and hope for McDaniels to fail at the expense of the teams success, while people like me will be cheering on this team whether we go 8-8, 4-12 or 13-3....i just want players here that care about the team as much as I do...Brandon Marshall does not

and Tony Sheffler saying that he couldnt wait for the season to end is downright pathetic...if anyone lowered his value its his own fault....

rastaman
01-04-2010, 10:09 AM

Prater>Marshall.

Last tme I checked Prater doesn't kick FG with SHOULDER. And Prater kicking FOOT was not injured Last time I checked BMarsh uses his legs to run routes, break tackles, and to gain yards with YACs. Your hamstring is connected to the back of your thigh adn Marshall was injured and didn't want to take any chances with his health. He did it last years playing with a mis-diagnoses to his injured hip. He risked further injuring his hip like Rod Smith which prematurely ended Rod Smith career.

vancejohnson82
01-04-2010, 10:13 AM
Last tme I checked Prater doesn't kick FG with SHOULDER. And Prater kicking FOOT was not injured Last time I checked BMarsh uses his legs to run routes, break tackles, and to gain yards with YACs. Your hamstring is connected to the back of your thigh adn Marshall was injured and didn't want to take any chances with his health. He did it last years playing with a mis-diagnoses to his injured hip. He risked further injuring his hip like Rod Smith which prematurely ended Rod Smith career.

I hate it when a 14 year veteran like Rod Smith has his career "prematurely" ended by an injury....its terrible

jhns
01-04-2010, 10:23 AM
Theres no point of people like us debating on this board because you are going to sit in the back and hope for McDaniels to fail at the expense of the teams success, while people like me will be cheering on this team whether we go 8-8, 4-12 or 13-3....i just want players here that care about the team as much as I do...Brandon Marshall does not

I was here when we were 6-0. I was happy about it. Then we went 2-8 and McDaniels showed I was correct about him and Orton from the start. The offense regressed and the team is the same. I am not happy about that. I am mad about that. Only in your little world would someone be happy about that. Only you McD fans are happy about that. I root for them no matter what, every week. I have never once wanted them to lose. That didn't stop them from losing.

Why do players not want to be here again? Oh right, McDaniels. Anyways, we have established this. McDaniels can do no wrong to you McDaniels fans. Us Bronco fans will still always want what's best for the team. If the coach is making dumb decisions, we don't defend them to no end....

rastaman
01-04-2010, 10:28 AM
Jay Cutler didnt care about the Broncos....he is gone
Brandon Marshall doesnt care about the Broncos....he will be gone
Tony Sheffler couldnt wait for OUR season to end....he will be gone

Yep! There is good as gone....coaches decision. However, if McD can't replace these skilled players with his owned skilled players and Cutler, Marshall, and Scheffler go on to have stellar seasons with othr teams then McD will look stupid, egostistcal and incompetetent.

McDaniels is here for the long haul....the sooner you realize that, the sooner you will enjoy this team a bit more. The saddest thing about this forum is that at 6-0 the whole bandwagon of people who supposedly love this team, stopped visiting the board adn then promptly returned when we started losing again.

You are speaking to the choir here. All of you bandwagon McD appologist can't expect every single fan to lower the bar of expectation on McD. Here either gets the job done and return the Broncos back to a winning orgainzation or he will be scrutinized and put under the microscope and questioned without let up until he proves he can WIN!

Theres no point of people like us debating on this board because you are going to sit in the back and hope for McDaniels to fail at the expense of the teams success, while people like me will be cheering on this team whether we go 8-8, 4-12 or 13-3....i just want players here that care about the team as much as I do...Brandon Marshall does not.

McD only cares about remaking the Broncos in his IMAGE! Its not about the team per say.....its about "Look-at-me McD! Once McD realizes the NFL is a players league and not a coaches league the greater he enhances his prospect of becoming a winning coach in the NFL.

McD had better learn how to compromise or the NFL players of the 21st Century will collude together in solidarity to see to it that his ass if fired.

and Tony Sheffler saying that he couldnt wait for the season to end is downright pathetic...if anyone lowered his value its his own fault....

Scheffler has first hand experience knowing whats it like to endure and play for an egostical-stubborn prima donna like McD; as well as an inaccurate QB like Orton. I think Scheffler is well within his rights to complain.

DenverBrit
01-04-2010, 10:31 AM
This has to be one of the most ignorant posts I've read.

You must have skipped his earlier work. Ha!

ColoradoDarin
01-04-2010, 10:33 AM
Scheffler has first hand experience knowing whats it like to endure and play for an egostical-stubborn prima donna like McD; as well as an inaccurate QB like Orton. I think Scheffler is well within his rights to complain.

Not according to Elway.

vancejohnson82
01-04-2010, 10:40 AM
Not according to Elway.

and now some of our "fans" are sticking up for a guy who couldnt wait for our season to end when we still had a shot at the playoffs

rastaman
01-04-2010, 10:45 AM
I hate it when a 14 year veteran like Rod Smith has his career "prematurely" ended by an injury....its terrible

You God Dam right b/c Rod wanted to play longer but no one was there to save Rod from his competitive self. Someone should have better diagnosed his injured him earlier. What we later come to find was he played too long on an injured hip wish first started out as a minor injury and progressively got worst b/c Rod got caught up with putting the team first BS.

In the NFL small nicks turn into worst injuries if you don't address the injury as soon as possible especially in the violent world of the NFL.

Besides, Brandon risked career ending injury playing on a mis-diagnosed injured hip last season that required off season surgery. So one can say that he learned his lesson from season not to risk his career playing with an injury. Now perhaps had he signed that financially secured contract this season perhaps he would have risked further injuring his hamstring further and possible tearing it and vastly lowered his trade value and contract renegotiations.

Remember Vance the NFL is a Business. Players need to put their health and their contract renegotiations ahead of the owner, the HC and the fans.

Northman
01-04-2010, 10:49 AM

Prater>Marshall.

It was too cold for Marshall the man's man. Ha!

jhns
01-04-2010, 10:49 AM
and now some of our "fans" are sticking up for a guy who couldnt wait for our season to end when we still had a shot at the playoffs

You need to learn to read or use your brain. No one has stuck up for any player. If you could use logic, it is pretty easy to figure out the players and coach can be doing things wrong. It isn't one or the other all the time.

McDaniels and Orton fans just don't use their brains though. It is pretty obvious with the arguments they are throwing out. Who cares what is best for the Broncos, right?

vancejohnson82
01-04-2010, 10:55 AM
You God Dam right b/c Rod wanted to play longer but no one was there to save Rod from his competitive self. Someone should have better diagnosed his injured him earlier. What we later come to find was he played too long on an injured hip wish first started out as a minor injury and progressively got worst b/c Rod got caught up with putting the team first BS.

In the NFL small nicks turn into worst injuries if you don't address the injury as soon as possible especially in the violent world of the NFL.

Besides, Brandon risked career ending injury playing on a mis-diagnosed injured hip last season that required off season surgery. So one can say that he learned his lesson from season not to risk his career playing with an injury. Now perhaps had he signed that financially secured contract this season perhaps he would have risked further injuring his hamstring further and possible tearing it and vastly lowered his trade value and contract renegotiations.

Remember Vance the NFL is a Business. Players need to put their health and their contract renegotiations ahead of the owner, the HC and the fans.

i completely agree with you....but thats why guys like Brandon Marshall, TO and Jay Cutler will never find themselves in a Ring of Fame like Al Wilson and Rod Smith

guys like that rack up career numbers and maybe some wins, but they never grab a fanbase....

vancejohnson82
01-04-2010, 10:57 AM
You need to learn to read or use your brain. No one has stuck up for any player. If you could use logic, it is pretty easy to figure out the players and coach can be doing things wrong. It isn't one or the other all the time.

McDaniels and Orton fans just don't use their brains though. It is pretty obvious with the arguments they are throwing out. Who cares what is best for the Broncos, right?

the Brandon Marshall thing can go either way...we don't know what happened....all I know is that he disappeared during the Philly game and its not a reach to assume that he would be angered if called out in a film session

Scheffler is different though. Anytime a player is heard saying that he can't wait for the season to end, he should just pack his bags and cash his last paycheck....I can't stand that

HEAV
01-04-2010, 10:58 AM

Basically being saying this for months. The Lines are weak and needed upgraged for the 3-4 and the power running game. Even yesterday the running game struggled on short yardage (again).

Kyles not the big arm, media darling, quarterback. But he moves the ball and if given a running game and protection this team can win with him.

People just want the next Elway so bad that they will continue to cry and bitch for years.

55CrushEm
01-04-2010, 11:03 AM
You need to learn to read or use your brain. No one has stuck up for any player.

YES, you have. You stated (most ignorantly) that McD was deliberately trying to get rid of the talented players. Then proceed to include Sheffler, Marshall, etc in the list.

Wouldn't that be "sticking up" for said players?

Popps
01-04-2010, 11:25 AM
It was too cold for Marshall the man's man. Ha!

Today is national "Excuse yourself from work" day.

Haven't you heard?

Everybody's doing it!!

jhns
01-04-2010, 11:31 AM
YES, you have. You stated (most ignorantly) that McD was deliberately trying to get rid of the talented players. Then proceed to include Sheffler, Marshall, etc in the list.

Wouldn't that be "sticking up" for said players?

Do you read or just kind of throw stuff out there?

Meck77
01-04-2010, 11:32 AM

Marshall is just a pussie like you. :thanku:

Popps
01-04-2010, 11:38 AM

Rasta should "excuse himself" from the forum.

55CrushEm
01-04-2010, 11:39 AM
Do you read or just kind of throw stuff out there?

Maybe it wasn't you that said that....but someone did. And you proceed to say that you haven't seen anyone on the board "stick up" for said players.....so apparently it is YOU that don't read.

Pony Boy
01-04-2010, 11:40 AM
Will Marshall be healthy and ready to play in the Pro Bowl? I think we all know the answer to that....... So if the staff tells him it may not be in his best interest to play to protect him, will he take the advice..... and we all know the answer to that also.

55CrushEm
01-04-2010, 11:41 AM

Ouch, Rasta. You're a what....50+ year old man....and you're gonna take that crap?!

Ha!

jhns
01-04-2010, 11:43 AM
Maybe it wasn't you that said that....but someone did. And you proceed to say that you haven't seen anyone on the board "stick up" for said players.....so apparently it is YOU that don't read.

if I couldn't read, how would I know what you typed? That doesn't make sense...

Beantown Bronco
01-04-2010, 11:44 AM
if I couldn't read, how would I know what you typed? That doesn't make sense...

There's actually software for that. Just sayin.

jhat01
01-04-2010, 12:07 PM
So jhns, you willing to make a wager that Scheff doesn't turn into some super star that all you lovers think he is? I don't know how an often injured, sub par blocker, that's dropped as many passes as anybody is suddenly a Shannon Sharpe in waiting. The guy is a decent player, he'll get his 30-40 receptions and 500-600 yards and 3 or 4 td's somewhere else. He hasn't been on board since his buddy got traded. You won't see him in the pro bowl as a TE anywhere.

Polster60
01-04-2010, 12:28 PM
I was thinking about the issue of acccountability yesterday while watching the Pittsburgh/ Miami game. To some accountability means responsibility. To McD, accountability is about be able to rely on an individual while playing a team sport. Did anyone see Big Ben yesterday play with an injured throwing shoulder???? He did what was needed to help his team win. Through obvious pain for crying out loud. Big Ben's teammates were counting on him playing through the pain and trying to helptheir team win. So, What does Brandon Marshall do when he "hurts" his hamstring right before the biggest game of the season against a divisional rival???? He is late to a therapy session that was necessary to his physical well being; so that he might be able to play. how could any team, let alone the coach of that team count on a player that seemingly doesn't care enough to try prepare for the biggest game of the season. I'm sorry to see a talent like BMarsh go. He is a talent. But he wasn't the heart and soul of this team.

This team still does not have an identity, but I think we are on the right path to establishing one. I must ask, why has this team failed to reach the playoffs for the last three seasons, even though we have been in contention each of those seasons??? This team still has some bad apples, time to clean house of them. Scheffler and Bmarsh is a start.

Hulamau
01-04-2010, 12:56 PM
I'm a little confused. Everything I bolded was said by Elway? Or are some of your thoughts interjected within the bolded
part.

Happy New year, Baja, and yes everything you bolded was indeed said by Elway.

Hamrob
01-04-2010, 02:18 PM
To summarize even more succinctly for the haters, Elway supports McD and the team and does not support Marshall or Scheffler. Elway also supports Orton and says we need to get better on the LOS. Any questions?So, do you think Bowlen reached out to John and asked him to do him a solid? :thumbsup:

Hamrob
01-04-2010, 02:22 PM
Elway said he really likes Kyle when Vic tried to bate him into saying he would cut Orton. He said Kyle is good for the Broncos and just needs to have a little more help in the defensive consistency and the run game (i.e oline run-blocking). John said kyle has the smarts and good attitude to lead the team and be successful."

Of course, Elway has no idea what hes talking about when it comes to QB in teh NFL for the Broncos. But the Kill Kyle guys among you carry on. :)

Also called Scheffler on the carpet for his comment saying in his day guys get cut entirely for such a comment. He got off light with Josh. Said he wasn't surprised at all about Scheff.

He also called Marshall out saying he hasn't shown the commitment play tough for the team when the team really needs him week in and week out even though he is a great player. He said Josh was obviously thinking more about the effect on the other 52 guys in the locker room and was more concerned with their feelings when asked to play hard fro the team and not just Brandon when he benched him.

He also said he thought Josh would in hindsight decide not to discuss the Marshall benching in public but keep it in-house next time. But he was supportive of Josh down the line decision to bench him down the line.I remember Elway saying similar things about Brian Griese. Just saying.

ColoradoDarin
01-04-2010, 02:24 PM
So, do you think Bowlen reached out to John and asked him to do him a solid? :thumbsup:

It's a weekly thing for Elway, and he will be on through the Superbowl.

TotallyScrewed
01-04-2010, 06:47 PM

Ummm yeah just one....

Are you a gay porn star??

Bronx33
01-04-2010, 06:55 PM

Well put...:thumbsup: