PDA

View Full Version : Schlereth says McD made huge mistake with Marshall

ZONA
01-03-2010, 10:34 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=den

Basically says his choice to bench Marshall affected lockeroom.

FYI, after Schlereth comments, Bill Williamson continues with his own comments.

tsiguy96
01-03-2010, 10:35 PM
BS. the team was no worse today than they have been the last 10 weeks (give or take 2 weeks). over 500 yards of offense i read, how is marshall going to affect that?

Archer81
01-03-2010, 10:37 PM
Didnt Schlereth say our front 7 was complete garbage and would be the worst front 7 in football?

:Broncos:

OBF1
01-03-2010, 10:40 PM
It mattered not.... Jets kicked the bengals ass, We were not going to make the playoffs anyways. End story.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
01-03-2010, 10:40 PM
Marshall may have played final game in Denver (http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=4792371&name=schefter_adam)

F_ck Marshall.

I'm done with that wife-beating, prima donna POS.

Let him go be T.O. Jr. on some other team.

Broncoman13
01-03-2010, 10:43 PM
BS. the team was no worse today than they have been the last 10 weeks (give or take 2 weeks). over 500 yards of offense i read, how is marshall going to affect that?

You're missing the point... it's not so much about the production BMarsh would or would not have had. It's about a locker room full of players that know that if they are injured they can be called out in front of the team, the rest of the league and the entire nation for that matter. The bottom line is, the team played uninspired football with the playoffs potentially on the line. They were WHIPPED by a team with 3 wins. Could Brandon Marshall have stopped Jamal Charles from running for 250 yards, nope. But now you've brought into question whether the coach has lost some members of the team and whether they are stilling buying into what he's selling. I think it's safe to say that when you have guys leaking info to the media and then the coach benching and then barring the player from being anywhere near the team you are going to be called into question. It was a rookie mistake that is causing McD to take a lot of heat. Not sure you can question that?

SonOfLe-loLang
01-03-2010, 10:44 PM
Without reading that article, i agree with stink. its McD's job to handle egos, not show guys up in the media. Poor form. I have no doubt it pissed many off in the locker room. Hopefully he learns.

ZONA
01-03-2010, 10:44 PM

Schlereth didn't say Marshall not being on the field today would be a problem, he said McD benching him so early in the weeks was a mistake and that was not sitting well in the lockeroom (meaning not sitting well with some of the other players on the team). I'm not sure what ties Schlereth has in the locker room and if he had specific people he was referring to or if it was just a comment in general, that this kinds of things could be problems in the locker room, based on his past experiences.

Archer81
01-03-2010, 10:45 PM
Schlereth didn't say Marshall not being on the field today would be a problem, he said McD benching him so early in the weeks was a mistake and that was not sitting well in the lockeroom (meaning not sitting well with some of the other players on the team). I'm not sure what ties Schlereth has in the locker room and if he had specific people he was referring to or if it was just a comment in general, that this kinds of things could be problems in the locker room, based on his past experiences.

Wasnt he deactivated Friday?

Taco John
01-03-2010, 10:45 PM

You seem to have no concept of team dynamics and how what happens on offense affects what happens on defense, and vice versa.

ZONA
01-03-2010, 10:52 PM
Without reading that article, i agree with stink. its McD's job to handle egos, not show guys up in the media. Poor form. I have no doubt it pissed many off in the locker room. Hopefully he learns.

I have to agree that it was probably a mistake. Okay so you might be upset that your player is hurt for the final game of the year but he's not some grunt backup special teams player. He's the guy that generates most of your offensive production and by deactivating him and removing him from the sideline, that doesn't sound like a good move to me. Marshall has done alot for this team this year and has played very well and he's part of the team and he deserved to be there on the sideline with his mates win or lose. Poor taste on behalf of Josh in my opinion but he's a rookie HC and hopefully he has the type of personality and smarts where he can learn from this and self evaluate his ownself and not just players.

NFLBRONCO
01-03-2010, 11:01 PM
I think 90% success and failure of most new regime's is ability at upgrading talent through draft and trades and FA. Trading BM is easy turning picks into gold is the challenge we will see how McD and FO does in this area.

Dagmar
01-03-2010, 11:11 PM
Marshall didn't play today because of Marshall. McDaniels called him out as he bailed on the team before a game that could have meant us making the playoffs.Agree or not with McDaniels handling of the situation, Marshall bailed on this team.

Jason in LA
01-03-2010, 11:11 PM
McD's ego may get the best of him at some point, because his tough guy routine may end up getting him fired one day, and it will be hard for him to get another job. Just like Marshall needs an attitude adjustment, so does McD. He needs to figure out how to fight certain battles. That's what a head coach does. He has to deal with egos, not get rid of them.

Dagmar
01-03-2010, 11:21 PM
McD's ego may get the best of him at some point, because his tough guy routine may end up getting him fired one day, and it will be hard for him to get another job. Just like Marshall needs an attitude adjustment, so does McD. He needs to figure out how to fight certain battles. That's what a head coach does. He has to deal with egos, not get rid of them.

As I said, McDaniels decision to deal with this situation this way may have been incorrect, but as everyone melts down remember that Marshall bailed on this team.

Dr. Broncenstein
01-03-2010, 11:28 PM
The mistake was that giant emotional display over a regular season win against the Pats. Aside from the general douchebaggery of the whole thing, I'm convinced it set off a ****storm of karma.

RMT
01-03-2010, 11:31 PM
Marshall didn't play today because of Marshall. McDaniels called him out as he bailed on the team before a game that could have meant us making the playoffs.Agree or not with McDaniels handling of the situation, Marshall bailed on this team.

the final straw was b-marsh showing up late to his treatment session friday morning; some veterans had approached mcdaniels following the loss to the eagles about holding everyone accountable this past week with the playoffs on the line (seemed kinda late to me - accountability starts in training camp - not the last week of the season). that coupled with b-marsh's injury and subsequent tardiness friday put the coach in a bad spot.

ZONA
01-03-2010, 11:32 PM
As I said, McDaniels decision to deal with this situation this way may have been incorrect, but as everyone melts down remember that Marshall bailed on this team.

Okay, so you call getting injured bailing. If that works for you then so be it. Marshall didn't want to get hurt and certainly everybody knows how funky hamstrings can be. I mean, what basis do we have to suggest Marshall would want to bail on this team? NONE. He played the entire year last year with an injury and his attitude since the suspension has been great. He gets along with Josh just fine as I have no reason to believe their high fives on the sideline or locker room hugs are fake. There is nothing to lead me to believe that Marshall bailed on this team. Maybe if you're a person that hasn't liked Marshall much because of his past problems, then I can see how you would want to lean toward such a biased view.

~Crash~
01-03-2010, 11:35 PM
Didnt Schlereth say our front 7 was complete garbage and would be the worst front 7 in football?

and ? they looked like the last four weeks last year and just what was our front 7 last year?:clown:

tsiguy96
01-03-2010, 11:36 PM
You seem to have no concept of team dynamics and how what happens on offense affects what happens on defense, and vice versa.

you seem to be following me around to every post i make making sure to comment, most of the time with some sort if insult or something just straight retarded to try and force a laugh out of your "followers". arent you supposed to be moderating a message board?

Taco John
01-03-2010, 11:37 PM
you seem to be following me around to every post i make making sure to comment, most of the time with some sort if insult or something just straight retarded to try and force a laugh out of your nutswinger followers. great way for a person to run a message board.

You're an easy target. You say really stupid things, and I've got to keep up with Dmitri on rep somehow...

ZONA
01-03-2010, 11:37 PM
the final straw was b-marsh showing up late to his treatment session friday morning; some veterans had approach mcdaniels following the loss to the eagles about holding everyone accountable this past week. that coupled with b-marsh's injury and subsequent tardiness put the coach in a bad spot.

Yeah, that could be the case. How late was he? Did he still get in the full amount of treatment, but just at a later time or did he only do the minimal amount of treatment. If I were coach, I would look at those things. If he showed up late but still got the full treatment and did as much as he could, I probably would have just fined him, explained why (as not to create issues between the two). Now if Marshall showed up hours late and half assed his way through treatment, that would be a much bigger issue and yes, possibly warranted the deactivation.

Doggcow
01-03-2010, 11:39 PM
I see Marshall alot like TO and Moss... Locker Room killers that look great, but never win anything.

ZONA
01-03-2010, 11:40 PM
I see Marshall alot like TO and Moss... Locker Room killers that look great, but never win anything.

Just wondering if you have even seen any locker room footage this year. I've seen several and Marshall is always having a good time with the guys and sometimes with McD himself. I would say he is NOT a locker room problem.

tsiguy96
01-03-2010, 11:40 PM
You're an easy target. You say really stupid things, and I've got to keep up with Dmitri on rep somehow...

coming from the person who started the thread that got his own message board press pass pulled. and you say i say stupid things. makes sense. i mean, if you arent constantly calling the coach a loser idiot moron for losing 8 or 10 games and calling for him to be fired, you are a homer who doesnt deserve to post on OM. but if you watch the broncos JUST to watch them lose then you can post here and say you were right, well it doesnt matter because youre right at home.

DBroncos4life
01-03-2010, 11:46 PM
the final straw was b-marsh showing up late to his treatment session friday morning; some veterans had approached mcdaniels following the loss to the eagles about holding everyone accountable this past week with the playoffs on the line (seemed kinda late to me - accountability starts in training camp - not the last week of the season). that coupled with b-marsh's injury and subsequent tardiness friday put the coach in a bad spot.

I saw three of the captains of the team that wanted the coach to hold Marshall accountable play like **** today. That first play of the game where a dude with three catches all year long got behind Bailey and Dawkins set the tone for the game. Graham played his way out of Denver today as well.

Taco John
01-03-2010, 11:50 PM
I've never called McDaniels a "loser idiot moron." Or for that matter, called for him to be fired.

Get some sleep tstupguy.

Broncoman13
01-04-2010, 05:27 AM
I saw three of the captains of the team that wanted the coach to hold Marshall accountable play like **** today. That first play of the game where a dude with three catches all year long got behind Bailey and Dawkins set the tone for the game. Graham played his way out of Denver today as well.

Orton, Champ, Graham, Dawkins, and DJ... all had pretty poor games and all were complaining to McD about accountability. Those dumbasses started off on Scheff for his comments about wanting out of Denver and then turned it on to BMarsh after hurting his hammy as they felt it was not as bad as BMarsh was making it out to be. If I were a player in that locker room right now, I'd be thinking WTF?

barryr
01-04-2010, 05:39 AM
the test on Marshall's hamstring apparently showed nothing wrong, so why he worried about it in the first place is a question in itself. Showing up late without a good excuse(don't know if he had one), whether intended or not, shows a lack of concern over it. Combined with Marshall's past actions, he isn't in a position to get a benefit of the doubt.

broncofan7
01-04-2010, 06:05 AM
The mistake was that giant emotional display over a regular season win against the Pats. Aside from the general douchebaggery of the whole thing, I'm convinced it set off a ****storm of karma.

a wise man once said....."you make your own karma/luck"--BF7

meangene
01-04-2010, 07:21 AM
Stink's comments came out right after the benching. It was before all the other info came out: Marshall can't practice in the cold, the MRI showed no damage, the team leaders spoke to McDaniel's about Marshall's attitude, he was late for treatment, etc. The only thing I MIGHT question was going public with it but, in today's world, it was all going to come out anyway so why not get is straight from the get-go. I realize many here are disappointed that a player with Marshall's talent is still the same jackass he has always been. He fooled many by, apparently, cleaning up his act and playing great football. He got in his stats and made the Pro Bowl and, so, his season was over - mission accomplished. Now he can act up enough to make sure we want rid of him and he can get his fat contract with some other team who thinks it will be different with them. Then, the joke will be on them. I just hope we hold out for a first round pick minimum after putting the high tender on him.

BroncoInferno
01-04-2010, 07:32 AM

So, you don't think it was fair for McD to question Marshall's heart given that the MRI showed no damage? You seem to have no concept of accountability.

oubronco
01-04-2010, 07:41 AM
Okay, so you call getting injured bailing. If that works for you then so be it. Marshall didn't want to get hurt and certainly everybody knows how funky hamstrings can be. I mean, what basis do we have to suggest Marshall would want to bail on this team? NONE. He played the entire year last year with an injury and his attitude since the suspension has been great. He gets along with Josh just fine as I have no reason to believe their high fives on the sideline or locker room hugs are fake. There is nothing to lead me to believe that Marshall bailed on this team. Maybe if you're a person that hasn't liked Marshall much because of his past problems, then I can see how you would want to lean toward such a biased view.

and noone has brought up the fact he came up lame on it in the Philly game and finished the game then reinjured it in practice

oubronco
01-04-2010, 07:42 AM
So, you don't think it was fair for McD to question Marshall's heart given that the MRI showed no damage? You seem to have no concept of accountability.

sure behind closed doors

BroncoInferno
01-04-2010, 07:46 AM
sure behind closed doors

No. There was NO damage shown on the MRI. That is NOT a serious injury. If Marshall was not going to man up, then he needed to ride the pine. I can't believe folks like you keep defending this clown. Hopefully, we tender him the restricted FA deal and someone else takes on this headache in exchange for 1st and 3rd rounders.