PDA

View Full Version : Only reason you want McD gone is because he showed you this team can be successful

The MVPlaya
01-03-2010, 11:17 PM
Before the season started - everyone, and I mean EVERYONE - was saying this team was set back years and we would be lucky to get 5 wins.

McD showed you guys he can be successful, and this team can be successful, so now you're trying call for his head.

Everyone doubted him - but now everyone hates him because he didn't make the playoffs - something you didn't even DREAM of.

I bet if we go back and say we finish 8-8, you'd take that for your left nut.

TheReverend
01-03-2010, 11:19 PM
Usually at the start of the season, I would trade a testical for an average W/L record...?

spdirty
01-03-2010, 11:23 PM
No. They want his head because of the 2-8 finish. And because the crappy playcalling, and the crappy use (or misuse) of personnel and immature stubbornness mightve had something to do with it. And because we lost to 2 dogshlt division rivals at home.

Get the **** out of October and into January 2010.

TheDave
01-03-2010, 11:27 PM
We looked better than I ever expected then turned around and looked worse than I ever thought possible... Culminating in an biblical style ass kicking, by the dog **** chefs, in our back yard.

Why is it so hard to understand that people are thoroughly upset and a little afraid this 33 year old kid might be in over his head?

DBroncos4life
01-03-2010, 11:30 PM
The Mane where 8-8 is mediocre one year, then successful the next.

Broncoman13
01-03-2010, 11:34 PM
Before the season started - everyone, and I mean EVERYONE - was saying this team was set back years and we would be lucky to get 5 wins.

McD showed you guys he can be successful, and this team can be successful, so now you're trying call for his head.

Everyone doubted him - but now everyone hates him because he didn't make the playoffs - something you didn't even DREAM of.

You are partially correct. I would have settled for a 4-12 season if the team showed promise for the future. The reality is, they took a step backwards to close out the season. At a time that most of us, even those of us that figured on 7 or 8 wins, expected we would be playing our best football of the season... we're playing our worst football of the season. I expect that McD would need some time to teach his system and have the guys operating at full speed. Instead we've struggled on offense for several weeks and the future holds as many question marks as it did last March.

Yet again, what do we do goign forward at QB, WR, OL, DL, and to a lesser extend RB. Obviously a RB makes their greatest strides from year one to year two. In fact, most pick up their production from year one to year three by nearly 50%. Does that mean Knowshon is going to be a 1500 yard rusher, no probably not. But I suspect he is the long term answer at the position.

Anyhow, lots of question marks at this point and no real reason to believe that McD hasn't been "figured out" after one season in the league. Shy of a Tom Brady perhaps McD is finding out what Shanny found out after Elway's retirement. A HOF QB makes you look pretty damn good as a coach.

Killericon
01-03-2010, 11:36 PM

8-8 coming from a HOF, super bowl winning coach after seasons of 9-7 and 7-9 is mediocre. 8-8 coming from a rookie head coach, dealing with mountains of drama is successful. In my eyes, at least.

lostknight
01-03-2010, 11:39 PM
Some want him gone, because he is the single biggest reason we lost the chance at playoffs this year. But yes, he also was a reason why we could have contended this year. That's why it's worth another short, preferably with some adults in Dove Valley to keep him from embarrassing us on national TV.

NFLBRONCO
01-03-2010, 11:45 PM
Team had flaws we just played very well for 6 weeks to cover them up bye really hurt us we lost our mojo. Teams started to expose our flaws being physical and boom you falter. This is why at 6-0 I was happy and shocked at the same time. Denver has major weakness at QB OL DL so I can understand the collapses even though we are tired of it. Denver aren't good enough to make any mistakes and we played alot sloppier after the bye. I would bet coaches in NFL would agree QB DL OL positions are the top 3 musts to have success in this league.

spdirty
01-03-2010, 11:45 PM
Some want him gone, because he is the single biggest reason we lost the chance at playoffs this year. But yes, he also was a reason why we could have contended this year. That's why it's worth another short, preferably with some adults in Dove Valley to keep him from embarrassing us on national TV.

Honestly he deserves at least another year. But we have to make the playoffs barring a major injury.

The MVPlaya
01-04-2010, 12:11 AM

He is the single biggest reason we HAD a chance to BEGIN with.

People are mad on how the Broncos finished off the season, and they deserve to be.

Anytime a team finishes poorly, the HC will get fire for it. Ala - Norv Turner.

He embarrassed Shanny on national telivison last year, and we did to end the season with Shanny, Cutler, Marshall, etc.

I understand why Broncos fans are mad and they deserve to be. Winning cures all and losing infects all.

We had a phenomenal start and a piss poor finish. However - we have positives coming out the season.

The problem is not at RB - it's in the trenches. It doesn't take 20/20 vision to see that was the problem. Everyone can play better but Moreno is far from fail.

The MVPlaya
01-04-2010, 12:13 AM
I think McD parred up pretty well with rookie head coaches, Colts not included. I'm talking bout coaches who were brought in to rewrite everything.

Rex Ryan deserves credit - but it must be nice to finish the last 2 games playing teams who bench their players.

Jason in LA
01-04-2010, 12:14 AM
This thread makes no sense on a few different levels.

The MVPlaya
01-04-2010, 12:17 AM
This thread makes no sense on a few different levels.

What are you confused about?

If you read it without understanding the meaning behind it, yeah it won't make any sense.

The point is - the fact is McDaniels was extremely successful at the beginning of the season - our defense moved into top 3 - so all the fans got a taste of success and the bar was raised.

If McDaniels took the other route - showed gradual improvement and finished 8-8 I'm not sure it would have been THIS BAD. However - the excuse would have been that our "competition had declined" as the season progressed.

division games are tough, especially the second time around - period. Ask the Vikings.

Doggcow
01-04-2010, 12:20 AM
Honestly he deserves at least another year. But we have to make the playoffs barring a major injury.

Like one to a QB? Or our top 3 targets? Or our entire Oline?

~Crash~
01-04-2010, 12:20 AM

if the team was being utlized to it's best and we were headed in the right direction I would gladly back McD . but he forgot to play half the players on the team

DBroncos4life
01-04-2010, 12:37 AM
8-8 coming from a HOF, super bowl winning coach after seasons of 9-7 and 7-9 is mediocre. 8-8 coming from a rookie head coach, dealing with mountains of drama is successful. In my eyes, at least.

McD and the FO created the drama by not understanding how to keep information leaked to the press. McD went to the press with the this Marshall crap this time. Even if Marshall was at fault, dogging it, and not wanting to play because he already played himself into a big payday, McD dropped the ball yet again in handling things. After how the Cutler thing played out I thought McD did very well with handling Marshall the first time but now I don't think there is anything McD wont do to call out a player in front of players, staff and the media. I do not see "we will handle it behind close doors" with him. Players will grow tired of that.

I look at the 8-8 Titians and I think they had a much better year then us.

Taco John
01-04-2010, 12:39 AM
8-8 is about 1 or two games behind where I thought we had the talent to finish this year. As far as I'm concerned, we under-achieved.

Taco John
01-04-2010, 12:40 AM
Also, I never in my wildest dreams imagined that we'd lose 8 of 10 games, including Oakland and Kansas City at home.

I don't want McD gone. But he deserves the heat.

Doggcow
01-04-2010, 12:45 AM
if the team was being utlized to it's best and we were headed in the right direction I would gladly back McD . but he forgot to play half the players on the team

Dawkins and Bailey told him to sit them.... I think I respect them as much as anyone in the league.

lostknight
01-04-2010, 01:00 AM

By the way, I think the analysis at the end of the day that McDaniels actions had set the offense way back was born out all season long. The defense being much better then expected, that was unexpected.

And no, I would not take that 8-8 for my left nut. As it was, the other sporting teams in Denver have gotten better year after year, and now command a larger percentage of my entertainment dollar.

And they are a hell of a lot cheaper then my left nut.

lostknight
01-04-2010, 01:02 AM

I don't agree with this analysis simply based on the evaluation of outcomes. The outcome last season and this season were identical. The coach is graded by how the team did. This means that either:
1) McDaniels made no material change to the outcome of this team.
2) The positive and negative things were roughly offset, leading to the same conclusion.

I happen to be in camp 2. Sometimes McDaniels is scary good, sometimes he is just plain scary.

broncolife
01-04-2010, 01:10 AM
Why is everybody so facinated with giving the left nut away? Is everyone right nutted or something.

kappys
01-04-2010, 02:29 AM
Why is everybody so facinated with giving the left nut away? Is everyone right nutted or something.

Its usually the larger of the pair

BroncoBuff
01-04-2010, 02:39 AM
Before the season started - everyone was saying this team would be lucky to get 5 wins.
No, the vast majority of posters predicted 7-8 wins. There's old polls somewhere.

McD showed you guys he can be successful.
Dunno about that ... we won the opener on the fluke, and then reeled off five more very impressive wins, partly because of the new look.

But after that, a 2-8 finish with humiliating home losses to our two biggest rivals - who also happen to be two of the very worst teams in the league. So for me, McD hasn't shown me he can be successful yet.

This sucks. I hate all these young offensive skill players leaving .... sad.

KevinJames
01-04-2010, 02:39 AM
McD made the system work made Orton look decent sometimes good at times, and today Gaff showed any receiver in the system can produce.

BroncoBuff
01-04-2010, 02:42 AM
Dumb thread ... we suck. He hasn't shown us anything.

KevinJames
01-04-2010, 02:48 AM

maybe people are forgetting hes a rookie head coach :thumbs:

TDmvp
01-04-2010, 03:26 AM

Yea you summed it up Buff , I was going to type for 20mins about all the crazy going on in this thread but i'll type for 10mins and make fun of Popps for 10 in another thread and split up fun....

The play calling mouth basted a pants brisket most of the season...
The draft to me was also complete crap... Hb's that high are overrated and was not are big need especially with us going to a 3/4... We reached with other picks and got nothing that i can see ....
Hell the only time I think i said Ayers's name all year was today when he cost us 15yds .

His people skills suck @$$ as well ,or he thinks he is gods gift and talent on the field isn't as important as the scheme ..

At this point I'm not in a camp on if he should be gone or not because I don't make those calls so close to a loss in my head really ... they would be knee jerk calls anyway ... But I'm far from impressed and at this point would rather had shanny still over what I've seen from Josh ... and if I had to lose Mike as coach there is a lot of people I'd rather had other than Josh , and no not Cowher ...

McD showed you guys he can be successful, and this team can be successful.

But Dude really if you call being 8-8 and a tip ball from 7-9 successful God help you ...

fontaine
01-04-2010, 04:25 AM

No, I disagree. The biggest reason we were 6-0 was the defense played lights out within a scheme designed extremely well to maximize the talent we had with Doom, Champ etc, and did enough to mask the average talent along the DL.

When offenses figured it out (going no huddle), running right at our edges against Doom etc the defense could no longer hide the lack of talent along the DL.

The offense has been below average all year long, in the red zone, on third downs. McDaniels and more importantly Nolan deserve a lot of credit for putting in a solid foundation with the defense, but offensively is where we not only failed to improve as the season went along, but actually regressed and for a coach that was brought in as an offensive wizard, McD's failure here is very disapointing.

But probably MOST disturbing is the lack of any real contributions from our draft class. Moreno was ok but nothing special, and rest were non factors apart from Bruton that made good plays on STs. I understand McDaniels was inheriting this team, but he had complete control of the draft where we were loaded with picks and the guys he targeted to BE DIFFERENCE MAKERS like Quinn, Smith, Ayers did nothing.

You don't move up in the draft, trade multiple picks unless you believe those guys are going to make an impact immediately and this was as big a disapointment as any piss poor draft Shanahan had.

Mike was rightly criticized for this stupid drafts and so should McDaniels. It's the single biggest difference between playoff franchises and has beens.

The MVPlaya
01-04-2010, 04:56 AM
8-8 is about 1 or two games behind where I thought we had the talent to finish this year. As far as I'm concerned, we under-achieved.

I might believe YOU, but search function wasn't working when I used it. Hind sight is great.

So you're saying you predicted we win 9-10 games?

Also, I never in my wildest dreams imagined that we'd lose 8 of 10 games, including Oakland and Kansas City at home.

I don't want McD gone. But he deserves the heat.

Nor in your wildest dreams you thought we'd go 6-0 to start the season either. It's the NFL, **** happens.

McD does deserve heat.

The MVPlaya
01-04-2010, 04:59 AM
By the way, I think the analysis at the end of the day that McDaniels actions had set the offense way back was born out all season long. The defense being much better then expected, that was unexpected.

And no, I would not take that 8-8 for my left nut. As it was, the other sporting teams in Denver have gotten better year after year, and now command a larger percentage of my entertainment dollar.

And they are a hell of a lot cheaper then my left nut.

It was KNOWN when the season started that it would take LONGER than 1 season to get the offense straight. I could understand if the new HC came in and everything was already set, but it wasn't. He was starting from scratch other than the players he had on the team.

Even at that - he made huge changes on defense and offense.

Nuggets do get better every year... however, they think it's cool to lose to horrible teams.

The MVPlaya
01-04-2010, 05:01 AM
I don't agree with this analysis simply based on the evaluation of outcomes. The outcome last season and this season were identical. The coach is graded by how the team did. This means that either:
1) McDaniels made no material change to the outcome of this team.
2) The positive and negative things were roughly offset, leading to the same conclusion.

I happen to be in camp 2. Sometimes McDaniels is scary good, sometimes he is just plain scary.

I'm not talking about the outcome - I was talking about the beginning. The outcome were identical as far as record goes.

Our offense isn't HORRIBLE as our defense was last year. We know now that we actually have a competitive defense, especially with Nolan's scheme. They'll probably change up their rushing defense come next year.

The point is - McDaniels gave hope to everyone but didn't play Santa and bring the gifts. Fans deserve to be mad - don't get me wrong. But understand that people are mad because McDaniels showed how successful this team could be when the season had started. Losing close games to Eagles, Colts, Raiders... losing games to Redskins, etc all left us with a cold taste in our mouth.

The MVPlaya
01-04-2010, 05:08 AM
No, the vast majority of posters predicted 7-8 wins. There's old polls somewhere.

Dunno about that ... we won the opener on the fluke, and then reeled off five more very impressive wins, partly because of the new look.

But after that, a 2-8 finish with humiliating home losses to our two biggest rivals - who also happen to be two of the very worst teams in the league. So for me, McD hasn't shown me he can be successful yet.

This sucks. I hate all these young offensive skill players leaving .... sad.

Search wasn't working, so I can't find that thread. But I highly doubt the MAJORITY of posters predicted 7-8 wins, I can almost guarantee you that isn't true. Even at this point - people were just predicting of hope, and not expectations.

Hind sight is GREAT.

Think about it - everyone had us beat the Chiefs and Raiders twice each (that's 4 wins). Then a win against the Browns and Redskins, MAYBE. That's 6 wins at MOST people were thinking of.

The fact is, before the season started people were not hoping of MUCH, but McDaniels showed something with his great start, and that's why people are bitter.

McDaniels hasn't shown you he can be successful? Knocking off Patriots - Cowboys - Chargers... and did you watch the Colts game?

As far as McDaniels showing he can be successful for a season - NO he hasn't shown that. But he has shown success through games against elite teams.

McDaniels deserves heat, no doubt, but it was heat brought on by surpassing everyone's expectations.

The MVPlaya
01-04-2010, 05:14 AM
The play calling mouth basted a pants brisket most of the season...
The draft to me was also complete crap... Hb's that high are overrated and was not are big need especially with us going to a 3/4... We reached with other picks and got nothing that i can see ....
Hell the only time I think i said Ayers's name all year was today when he cost us 15yds .

His people skills suck @$$ as well ,or he thinks he is gods gift and talent on the field isn't as important as the scheme ..

Well - you pretty much shown that all you like to do is focus on negativity, instead of both negative AND positive. Ayers didn't exactly play great, but towards the end of the season he was getting some good pressure and making some plays.

Rookie DE coming in to play with his hands off the ground/on the ground... it's not going to work in one year buddy. He got more PT than Moss.. NUFF SAID for you Shanny dwellers.

At this point I'm not in a camp on if he should be gone or not because I don't make those calls so close to a loss in my head really ... they would be knee jerk calls anyway ... But I'm far from impressed and at this point would rather had shanny still over what I've seen from Josh ... and if I had to lose Mike as coach there is a lot of people I'd rather had other than Josh , and no not Cowher ...

WTF? Not sure what you're trying to say, but just seems like you're far from understanding he's a first year coach that had to rebuild a team. Of course your not impressed... but I'm sure when we were 6-0 you were.

But Dude really if you call being 8-8 and a tip ball from 7-9 successful God help you ...[/QUOTE]

The MVPlaya
01-04-2010, 05:23 AM
No, I disagree. The biggest reason we were 6-0 was the defense played lights out within a scheme designed extremely well to maximize the talent we had with Doom, Champ etc, and did enough to mask the average talent along the DL.

So McDaniels gets no credit for defense when they're successful, but when they fail it's all his fault?

When offenses figured it out (going no huddle), running right at our edges against Doom etc the defense could no longer hide the lack of talent along the DL.

True.

The offense has been below average all year long, in the red zone, on third downs. McDaniels and more importantly Nolan deserve a lot of credit for putting in a solid foundation with the defense, but offensively is where we not only failed to improve as the season went along, but actually regressed and for a coach that was brought in as an offensive wizard, McD's failure here is very disapointing.

It is disappointing. We lost in the trenches and we had Kyle Orton at QB...I think he did alright especially after 1 year of implementing a system. Go as Mangini how the Browns are doing all year long.

More IMPORTANTLY NOLAN?

This is pathetic. When McDaniels fails it's ALL HIS FAULT - especially with the defense having horrible run defense. But when it's great, it's Nolan's credit.
Double standards here are pretty weak.

McDaniels BROUGHT in Nolan, McDaniels handpicked the defensive players and told Nolan about the type of defense they were going to run.

But probably MOST disturbing is the lack of any real contributions from our draft class. Moreno was ok but nothing special, and rest were non factors apart from Bruton that made good plays on STs. I understand McDaniels was inheriting this team, but he had complete control of the draft where we were loaded with picks and the guys he targeted to BE DIFFERENCE MAKERS like Quinn, Smith, Ayers did nothing.

This was definitely disappointing and I agree. I have to disagree a BIT on Ayers as he improved and played much better as the season progressed. He was scouted to not be effective right from the get go, but his upside was great. One of the NFL draft gurus on ESPN or NFL Network said he was his favorite defensive player out of the draft and he "could" be the best defensive player from the draft in a few years.

I definitely don't see it.

Smith played disappointing this season. He started off great making some nice plays, got injured, and never really got back into the groove.

You don't move up in the draft, trade multiple picks unless you believe those guys are going to make an impact immediately and this was as big a disapointment as any piss poor draft Shanahan had.

Mike was rightly criticized for this stupid drafts and so should McDaniels. It's the single biggest difference between playoff franchises and has beens.

True, very true- but drafts should be criticized after around 3 years. Go take a look @ Sidney Rice. You can say it's Favre, but if you actually watch the games - you'd see he's making some crazy catches and plays.

As I've said in the previous posts, McDaniels deserves the heat and Broncos fans have every right to be mad, even those who don't support the team thru game by game wins.

I think it's being a little bit exaggerated though.

barryr
01-04-2010, 06:27 AM
McDaniels apparently listened to the vets on the team and sat the guys who only worry about themselves and not the team, so I guess some around here would rather he have not listened to them and been the dictator type they always accuse him to be. Interesting.

DrFate
01-04-2010, 06:32 AM

Yeah - that's it.

:\

broncofan7
01-04-2010, 06:49 AM

Riddle me this:

Why was a team that was 24-24 the last 3 seasons (now 32-32) supposed to finish with 5-6 wins in 2009? Answer that then delete your ridiculous thread..........

fontaine
01-04-2010, 09:12 AM
McDaniels apparently listened to the vets on the team and sat the guys who only worry about themselves and not the team, so I guess some around here would rather he have not listened to them and been the dictator type they always accuse him to be. Interesting.

Do you just make stuff up or are simply misinformed?

Marshall had injury issues last year but from the coaches/doctors advice played through it which it eventually turned out to be a real injury requiring off season hip surgery.

fontaine
01-04-2010, 09:20 AM
So McDaniels gets no credit for defense when they're successful, but when they fail it's all his fault?

No, I've already given him credit for bringing in the right kind of defensive FAs like Hill/Goodman etc and Nolan, but during the season, once it got under way it was Nolan that made half time adjustments and schemes as quoted directly from the defensive players themselves.

More IMPORTANTLY NOLAN?

This is pathetic. When McDaniels fails it's ALL HIS FAULT - especially with the defense having horrible run defense. But when it's great, it's Nolan's credit.
Double standards here are pretty weak.

McDaniels BROUGHT in Nolan, McDaniels handpicked the defensive players and told Nolan about the type of defense they were going to run.

Yes, and McDaniels deserves credit for bringing in those defensive FAs. But Nolan took a defense that was among the worst in the league and from game to game improved it as much as he could even though it did fall apart in the last few weeks.

McDaniels offense loaded with WRs, TEs, three solid OL/RBs never got off the ground with any consistency. He did far less with what he was given so he bears the brunt of the criticism considering that he was brought in specifically for his offensive understanding.

This was definitely disappointing and I agree. I have to disagree a BIT on Ayers as he improved and played much better as the season progressed. He was scouted to not be effective right from the get go, but his upside was great. One of the NFL draft gurus on ESPN or NFL Network said he was his favorite defensive player out of the draft and he "could" be the best defensive player from the draft in a few years.

I definitely don't see it.

Smith played disappointing this season. He started off great making some nice plays, got injured, and never really got back into the groove.

True, very true- but drafts should be criticized after around 3 years. Go take a look @ Sidney Rice. You can say it's Favre, but if you actually watch the games - you'd see he's making some crazy catches and plays.

As I've said in the previous posts, McDaniels deserves the heat and Broncos fans have every right to be mad, even those who don't support the team thru game by game wins.

I think it's being a little bit exaggerated though.

Dude how am I exaggerating? I specifically said it's too early to call some of these rookies busts but they haven't made the impact you would expect for high first rounders, and two other 2nd/3rd day picks McDaniels TRADED UP to grab? You said it yourself, these guys, including Ayers didn't make an impact and that's what I'm saying too.

~Crash~
01-04-2010, 09:22 AM
Dawkins and Bailey told him to sit them.... I think I respect them as much as anyone in the league.

what about the rest of the season .:sunshine:

~Crash~
01-04-2010, 09:25 AM

:giggle::giggle::giggle: thank you

lostknight
01-04-2010, 09:52 AM
It was KNOWN when the season started that it would take LONGER than 1 season to get the offense straight. .

The offense wasn't broken before McDaniels got here. It sure as hell was later.

The flip side was the defense was broken. This year, it was less broken, but still in shiny shiny pieces on the floor at the end.

lostknight
01-04-2010, 09:54 AM

Actually, they said they wanted more accountability. They should have started with being accountable to show up and play, because they sure didn't yesterday.

Gort
01-04-2010, 09:55 AM
I think McD parred up pretty well with rookie head coaches, Colts not included. I'm talking bout coaches who were brought in to rewrite everything.

Rex Ryan deserves credit - but it must be nice to finish the last 2 games playing teams who bench their players.

the nfl handed the jets a playoff spot with that schedule. not saying anyone else deserved it more, but the jets didn't even need to show up and they were guaranteed 2 conference wins to close out the season.

i hope we get INDY or SD in week #17 next year.

gyldenlove
01-04-2010, 10:03 AM
the nfl handed the jets a playoff spot with that schedule. not saying anyone else deserved it more, but the jets didn't even need to show up and they were guaranteed 2 conference wins to close out the season.

i hope we get INDY or SD in week #17 next year.

How is that any easier than ours? we just had to beat the Raiders and Chiefs at HOME to make the playoffs. We didn't ahve to beat any good teams, just the Raiders and Chiefs at home no less.

Taco John
01-04-2010, 10:07 AM
I might believe YOU, but search function wasn't working when I used it. Hind sight is great.

So you're saying you predicted we win 9-10 games?

Yes, that's what I'm saying. I expected that we'd win 9-10 games, largely due to the division we play in.

Gort
01-04-2010, 10:08 AM
How is that any easier than ours? we just had to beat the Raiders and Chiefs at HOME to make the playoffs. We didn't ahve to beat any good teams, just the Raiders and Chiefs at home no less.

the raiders and chefs were trying to win. the colts and bengals just layed down and played dead for NY. if the jets had to face both of those teams mid season, that's probably 2 losses for them instead of 2 wins.

the broncos sucked and didn't deserve a playoff spot. not debating that at all. just saying that the jets got a big help from circumstance to get into the playoffs.

missingnumber7
01-04-2010, 10:43 AM
. the colts and bengals just layed down and played dead for NY. if the jets had to face both of those teams mid season, that's probably 2 losses for them instead of 2 wins.

The bengals didn't lay down...the jets took it to them from the opening kickoff. If you didn't watch it you missed a beat down. The only player that could've started was Benson.

Other than that point I agree with your post.

Gort
01-04-2010, 11:11 AM
The bengals didn't lay down...the jets took it to them from the opening kickoff. If you didn't watch it you missed a beat down. The only player that could've started was Benson.

Other than that point I agree with your post.

just looking at the boxscore, it doesn't seemed the Bengals made much of an effort. i'm sure they played an EXTREMELY vanilla game, not wanting to tip their hand on anything for next week's rematch(?). is this wrong? do you think the Bengals were trying to win the game and were adhering to anything other than the most basic gameplan?

WolfpackGuy
01-04-2010, 11:13 AM
just looking at the boxscore, it doesn't seemed the Bengals made much of an effort. i'm sure they played an EXTREMELY vanilla game, not wanting to tip their hand on anything for next week's rematch(?). is this wrong? do you think the Bengals were trying to win the game and were adhering to anything other than the most basic gameplan?

To hear NBC gagging on the Jest was sickening.

The Bengals will KILL them next week.

Broncos4tw
01-04-2010, 11:17 AM
What a ridiculous post. Don't make broad generalizations.

I was PO'd at McD myself, when the season started (and still don't think he handled things near as smoothly as they could have been). As he got down that win streak, I was feeling better about him, and said so. Still think he made rookie mistakes, but clearly has a strong desire to win before all else, and seems to have a pretty sharp football mind.

As the season wore on, it seemed to me that he let his personal vendetta's against players take precidence over the Broncos winning. Which goes directly against the theory about his winning before all else. Apparently it's "win before all else, except when he is POd at a player... that takes precidence over winning." You'll never convince me that Orton trying for a first down with 4 yards to go is more effective than Hillis would have been. Or countless Moreno stuffs at the line. And I firmly believe the melodrama he created in the lockerroom, was the primary thing stuck in player's head. Not the most important game of the year.. at home.. against a team with THREE WINS.

He did not get the team ready to play. He does not play the best players, he plays the best players who don't piss him off. He is like a mini-parcells, without the records to back up this attitude. Bowlen needs to take him down a peg or two, and explain that his bumbling of personnel affairs is costing his business $$$.

Don't hate him.. not loving at the moment either. Don't want him gone IF they can talk some sense into him. I laugh at anyone who has such a hardon for the guy, they feel he has done no wrong. Accountability doesn't count if your the coach, eh?