PDA

View Full Version : So what kind of off season do you want to have around here???

baja
01-03-2010, 09:57 PM
Poll Coming;

Baba Booey
01-03-2010, 09:58 PM
Turmoil-less

But I won't hold my breath.

go_broncos
01-03-2010, 09:59 PM
Fire Mcd and Orton..That will be a good start for me.

SureShot
01-03-2010, 09:59 PM
A big one. This big.

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/rap_sheet/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/vince-wilfork.jpg

TheDave
01-03-2010, 10:06 PM
I'd like to get back to football discussion and general off season conversation as Bronco fans...

But I doubt it happens.

Vegas_Bronco
01-03-2010, 10:07 PM
Off season?....we've been OFF all season!

Taco John
01-03-2010, 10:08 PM
I'd like the kind of off season around here where there are no dramas between the coaches and players where a bunch of opinions are stirred up causing people to bicker and then blame me for not banning the people that they disagree with.

Dagmar
01-03-2010, 10:09 PM
I'd like the kind of off season around here where there are no dramas between the coaches and players where a bunch of opinions are stirred up causing people to bicker and then blame me for not banning the people that they disagree with.

Or crazy people starting threads about gutless drunks...

SureShot
01-03-2010, 10:10 PM
I would like to see more posters wish death on each other.

baja
01-03-2010, 10:11 PM
I have noticed the same handful of people argued endlessly their position and another handful of people argued the polar position and neither group won over even one poster to their side. Question is will another off season of the same bring different results?

Broncoman13
First step a GM. Say what you'd like but my first choice would be Marty Schottenheimer.

2, tender BMarsh as a first and third RFA.
3, tender Evlis Dumervil as a first and third RFA.
4, tender Chris Kuper as a 2nd round RFA.
5, tender Tony Scheffler as either a 2nd round or 3rd round RFA.
6, tender Kyle Orton as a 2nd round RFA

Hope that somebody bites on BMarsh and Scheff thus giving us another first, and two thirds (assuming Scheff is a 3rd round tender)
Allow the market to set Doom and Kupes price and match.
Take a 2nd for Orton if offered (it won't be) or keep him for the year a the $2.5m or whatever it is for the 2nd round tender.

7, address the OL and DL in free agency. It is possible, even likely that we will have to give up some of the picks we acquire as many of the "available" guys will be RFAs as well.
8, draft a QB. Preferably Clausen or Bradford.
9, draft a game changer. CJ Spiller is just what the Dr. ordered. This offense can still work and even excel with a bunch of Eddie Royal, Jabar Gaffney, CJ Spiller, Brandon Lloyd, etc. Not sexy, but this offense got the most out of players like Wes Welker, Caldwell and Deion Branch, it can do the same with the receivers listed above. Maybe you get a guy in like Avant or Malcom Floyd to be your possession/jump ball type.
10. Draft from there on out at DL and OL.

Gotta take the draft to another level this year. McD doesn't have time to wait on guys like Alphonso Smith and Robert Ayers to develop, the rookies drafted in '10 must produce immediately.

Lev Vyvanse

I hope you die in a fire.

Lev Vyvanse
01-03-2010, 10:13 PM
First step a GM. Say what you'd like but my first choice would be Marty Schottenheimer.

2, tender BMarsh as a first and third RFA.
3, tender Evlis Dumervil as a first and third RFA.
4, tender Chris Kuper as a 2nd round RFA.
5, tender Tony Scheffler as either a 2nd round or 3rd round RFA.
6, tender Kyle Orton as a 2nd round RFA

Hope that somebody bites on BMarsh and Scheff thus giving us another first, and two thirds (assuming Scheff is a 3rd round tender)
Allow the market to set Doom and Kupes price and match.
Take a 2nd for Orton if offered (it won't be) or keep him for the year a the $2.5m or whatever it is for the 2nd round tender.

7, address the OL and DL in free agency. It is possible, even likely that we will have to give up some of the picks we acquire as many of the "available" guys will be RFAs as well.
8, draft a QB. Preferably Clausen or Bradford.
9, draft a game changer. CJ Spiller is just what the Dr. ordered. This offense can still work and even excel with a bunch of Eddie Royal, Jabar Gaffney, CJ Spiller, Brandon Lloyd, etc. Not sexy, but this offense got the most out of players like Wes Welker, Caldwell and Deion Branch, it can do the same with the receivers listed above. Maybe you get a guy in like Avant or Malcom Floyd to be your possession/jump ball type.
10. Draft from there on out at DL and OL.

Gotta take the draft to another level this year. McD doesn't have time to wait on guys like Alphonso Smith and Robert Ayers to develop, the rookies drafted in '10 must produce immediately.

Wrong thread?

Broncoman13
01-03-2010, 10:13 PM

Speaking of that, can you ban that Taco John guy... annoying as all get out.

You do a fine job bubba, with as much turmoil as we've seen this year it's amazing that nobody as been e-shanked. Lord knows we've all deserved it from time to time.

SureShot
01-03-2010, 10:14 PM
I hope you die in a fire.

May your home be infested with the Ebola virus.

Broncoman13
01-03-2010, 10:14 PM
Wrong thread?

Yeah, apparently. After seeing the thread title I though he meant around Broncoville, not the OM.

bowtown
01-03-2010, 10:15 PM
I'd like to bring back Shanahan and then fire him again one month later.

Dagmar
01-03-2010, 10:15 PM

Hilarious! I am go_broncos wishes death on Taco or Blue, just to get rid of the same post every single thread.

You know what I did today at 515pm? Grabbed my wife and told her we were going to sit on the couch, have some single malt (wine and weed for her) and watch movies and comedy till she went to bed. Watched Up in the Air. Watched Inglorious Basterds. Watched Scrubs. Had a great time. I was very depressed and everything is better now.

http://d3gkbha1s7sr56.cloudfront.net/someecards/filestorage/wp_86.jpg

Broncobiv
01-03-2010, 10:16 PM
Taco, just turn on off-season mode already!!

Taco John
01-03-2010, 10:16 PM
I have noticed the same handful of people argued endlessly their position and another handful of people argued the polar position and neither group won over even one poster to their side. Question is will another off season of the same bring different results?

This isn't politics. There was a lot more movement among positions than you give credit for, especially in the last few weeks. Losing takes its toll.

Ultimately, it's the product on the field that dictates the tone of the forums, newspapers, and talk shows.

Lev Vyvanse
01-03-2010, 10:17 PM
Yeah, apparently. After seeing the thread title I though he meant around Broncoville, not the OM.

It was a good answer to the popular answer of the question.

Ratboy
01-03-2010, 10:17 PM
I like name calling.

=D

baja
01-03-2010, 10:19 PM
This isn't politics. There was a lot more movement among positions than you give credit for, especially in the last few weeks. Losing takes its toll.

Ultimately, it's the product on the field that dictates the tone of the forums, newspapers, and talk shows.

I see, so you would vote #1 than.

tsiguy96
01-03-2010, 10:20 PM

what so you are either against mcdaniels or for him? sounds stupid, especially considering that a persons take on mcdaniels makes essentially no difference in whether he stays or goes and for how long. why dont people, instead of arguing endlessly about stupid ****, stick to logical football discussion (and not the dumb "orton sucks and should never be a starting qb in the nfl omgwtf")? i realize thats too much to ask

baja
01-03-2010, 10:21 PM
I like name calling.

=D

I agree some of it is very funny. it can be over done though.

Broncoman13
01-03-2010, 10:24 PM
It was a good answer to the popular answer of the question.

Yeah, I'd much rather talk football anyhow. I rarely engage in the BS anymore unless it's somebody that I respect and know won't take it too personally. Like Popps, we agree on somethings and don't agree on others but for the most part we can keep it civil and present facts to support our perspectives. I like Popps for that reason.

I'm probably one of the biggest McD supporters on this site but I'll critique him a heartbeat based on facts.

bowtown
I agree some of it is very funny. it can be over done though.

Reverse racist.

SoCalBronco
Poll Coming;

Where's the "I'd like to see more turkey sandwiches" option?

;D

Paladin
01-03-2010, 10:25 PM
I like name calling.

=D

Dummass

baja
01-03-2010, 10:25 PM
Where's the "I'd like to see more turkey sandwiches" option?

;D

I forgot the Veggie Burger option too. ;D

Pezman
01-03-2010, 10:31 PM
Offseason boredom mode (on)

Suggestions - Old Dude does a Cheerleader Survivor Game in which all the Broncos cheerleaders must play in the nude.
Imagine the ratings!!!

bowtown
01-03-2010, 10:33 PM
Offseason boredom mode (on)

Suggestions - Old Dude does a Cheerleader Survivor Game in which all the Broncos cheerleaders must play in the nude.
Imagine the ratings!!!

I've already set up the secret message board.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
01-03-2010, 11:26 PM
So what kind of off season do you want to have around here???

One where we all get together and pray for a new QB, new O-Line, new RBs, and new WRs.

Taco John
01-03-2010, 11:27 PM
I've always thought chicken sacrifices to be rather economical, all things considered.

Archer81
01-03-2010, 11:31 PM
May your home be infested with the Ebola virus.

Is it too soon to wish for people to be attacked by 15 inch aids infested wang?

:Broncos:

SureShot
01-03-2010, 11:34 PM
Is it too soon to wish for people to be attacked by 15 inch aids infested wang?

Never

Archer81
01-03-2010, 11:37 PM
Never

Awesome.

May you come to battle a 15 inch aids infested wang with a virulent case of herpes simplex B, or as known in the medical community, BW's fridaynightitis.

SureShot
01-03-2010, 11:43 PM
Awesome.

May you come to battle a 15 inch aids infested wang with a virulent case of herpes simplex B, or as known in the medical community, BW's fridaynightitis.

I am honored to recieve the first 15 inch dick with aids shoutout of 2010.

baja
01-04-2010, 12:35 AM
I've always thought chicken sacrifices to be rather economical, all things considered.

I see you opted to not vote your pleasure, course turmoil does generate site usage. ;D

Dr. Broncenstein
01-04-2010, 01:42 AM
This poll did not include an option for halfnaked lobsterfloatie photoshops.