PDA

View Full Version : "Everyone was expecting 3-4 wins, why is everyone upset"

garandman
01-03-2010, 05:38 PM
This phrase has been thrown around a lot in several threads...

Why is it that we were expected to win only 3-4 this year???
Our only significant loss was Cutler (guess some people thought he was worth something). It is very clear now that Cutler would have been here if ANYONE but Josh McDaniels was HC... I have never seen such dysfunction in an NFL team this fast ever.. Cutler is a baby but he has talent, Orton should not be a starter in this league.. He (Mcd) totally lost this team today, what makes you think anyone coming back next year will "buy in" to this crap...

Why is everyone swingin on this guys nuts??

Go get Cowher while he is still available please!

BBB1980
01-03-2010, 05:42 PM
At the beginning of the season I said 8-8 would make me happy. So I am happy that they made it to that. It could have been a whole lot worse. The off season has now started. I hope that what ever happened for the second half of the season ( after the bye week can be looked at). I also think that we have a lot of distrust in th elocker room, and that has to be fixed.

Northman
01-03-2010, 06:10 PM
Sucks we didnt make the playoffs but im not cutting my wrists like most of Bronco Nation is. Still a work in progress.

Archer81
01-03-2010, 06:11 PM
**** happens. What are you gonna do?

:Broncos:

Wes Mantooth
01-03-2010, 06:12 PM
I would have totally understood and been happy with a 2-7 start and a 6-0 finish. The way this played out, it was soo dissapointing down the strech. And to know that one or two of those games would have put them in the post season. It burns.

eddie mac
01-03-2010, 06:12 PM
6-0 ffs, fans on cloud nine. This is a let down of the highest standard, a bit like Beyonce offering you up for a dance, slipping her hand down your pants, then telling you she's got a cock as well.

Ambiguous
01-03-2010, 06:16 PM
**** happens. What are you gonna do?

I am going to bitch about it ad nausem on the internet, until we can go back in time and get in the playoffs this year.

Get ready people.

DBroncos4life
01-03-2010, 06:17 PM
Three teams started the season 6-0. Two are number one seeds in the playoffs and one of them isn't in the playoffs. It shouldn't be that hard to figure out.

Ambiguous
01-03-2010, 06:17 PM
6-0 ffs, fans on cloud nine. This is a let down of the highest standard, a bit like beyonce offering you up for a dance, slipping her hand down your pants, then telling you she's got a cock as well.

lol

garandman
01-03-2010, 06:18 PM
6-0 ffs, fans on cloud nine. This is a let down of the highest standard, a bit like Beyonce offering you up for a dance, slipping her hand down your pants, then telling you she's got a cock as well.

Dude,

That is funny as hell ! LOL

Wes Mantooth
01-03-2010, 06:19 PM

If you want it you gotta put a ring on it Eddie.

broncofan7
01-03-2010, 06:45 PM

Our only significant loss was Cutler (guess some people thought he was worth something). It is very clear now that Cutler would have been here if ANYONE but Josh McDaniels was HC... I have never seen such dysfunction in an NFL team this fast ever.. Cutler is a baby but he has talent, Orton should not be a starter in this league.. He (Mcd) totally lost this team today, what makes you think anyone coming back next year will "buy in" to this crap...

EXACTLY! major REP.

TheChamp24
01-03-2010, 06:55 PM
At the beginning of the season, I would have liked an 8-8/9-7 season. However, when you start 6-0, finishing 8-8 is fricken embarrassing and unacceptable really unless you have some major drastic injuries.
Also, it is embarrassing losing to 2 teams, at home, that will have top 10 picks. 3 of our losses were to teams with a combined record of 13-35. It would be different if we lost to Dallas or New England, but no we had to lose to some god awful teams.
As I said in another thread, I don't see the bright future some other people see too about it. I see a lot of weaknesses still. The OL and DL need help, we need a playmaker on offense(which could be Moreno, I don't know, but from what I've seen this year, he isn't a difference maker), we need to upgrade the LB position, and we need an upgrade at QB. We need young guys to progress really well too like Ayers, Bruton, Barrett, McBath, Smith, especially Smith.
And to add, we most likely will lose our most dynamic threat on offense in Marshall. Now, I don't mind cutting ties with him, but we need to at least get a WR threat. Will Royal progress to become that guy? Who knows.
We better draft amazingly well or we will be screwed.

Ambiguous
01-03-2010, 07:19 PM
EXACTLY! major REP.

You must feel like the rest of us would if we won the Super Bowl today.

Archer81
01-03-2010, 07:20 PM
You must feel like the rest of us would if we won the Super Bowl today.

Yup, he does.

yavoon
01-03-2010, 07:27 PM

man that'd be brutal.

Boltjolt
01-03-2010, 07:28 PM

He had better stats than Cutler so i guess Cutler shouldnt be a starter in this league either?

KipCorrington25
01-03-2010, 08:03 PM
People are pissed because the team regressed drastically throughout the season, we'd be optimistic if the team improved, even slightly over time but that wasn't the case. They just got worse and worse until today which is about as low as it can get.

Why is that hard to understand?

Captain 'Dre
01-03-2010, 08:44 PM
I would have totally understood and been happy with a 2-7 start and a 6-0 finish. The way this played out, it was soo dissapointing down the strech. And to know that one or two of those games would have put them in the post season. It burns.

^^^This

Even though my expectations for the season were low, the 6-0 start had me drinking the Kool Aid.

Man, that's an AWFUL aftertaste!

go_broncos
01-03-2010, 08:50 PM
I don't see any improvement in this team..I feel like i am watching one of the worst team. In fact, at one point..i felt if we can win against DET, TB.
Regarding 2010, I don't have any hope if Mcd is the coach and Orton is the QB.

Paladin
01-03-2010, 09:03 PM
Jeezus. A Bolt fan makes more sense than the lot of you. Orton had better stats than your boy Qiuitler, he throws a pretty good game today, and you all just keep b*tching about Orton., Frankly, Bronco fans do not deserve a winner now, because they just feel too entitled and smug. Boo frigging hoo. It's time for you all to suffer a bit.

McD will be here as HC next year. In fact, he will decide the picks in the draft and the FAs that will be signed. (Not a thing you can do about it, and I am glad of that.)) And I am sure he will decide who gets Marshall.

I had hoped they would have won today, but I am not at all discouraged. McD is bringing a different attitude of accountability to the team, and is separating the wannabes frorm the players. Good for him.

So, suffer, b*tches. It'll do you good to be humbled.....

TheDave
01-03-2010, 09:09 PM
People are pissed because the team regressed drastically throughout the season, we'd be optimistic if the team improved, even slightly over time but that wasn't the case. They just got worse and worse until today which is about as low as it can get.

Why is that hard to understand?

This is what scares me the most...

NeverBeenToDenver
01-03-2010, 09:11 PM
Jeezus. A Bolt fan makes more sense than the lot of you. Orton had better stats than your boy Qiuitler, he throws a pretty good game today, and you all just keep b*tching about Orton., Frankly, Bronco fans do not deserve a winner now, because they just feel too entitled and smug. Boo frigging hoo. It's time for you all to suffer a bit.

McD will be here as HC next year. In fact, he will decide the picks in the draft and the FAs that will be signed. (Not a thing you can do about it, and I am glad of that.)) And I am sure he will decide who gets Marshall.

I had hoped they would have won today, but I am not at all discouraged. McD is bringing a different attitude of accountability to the team, and is separating the wannabes frorm the players. Good for him.

Great fookin' post, man. Seriously.

go_broncos
01-03-2010, 09:13 PM

Both Orton and Cutler sucks..We need a NFL QB that can win the game.

Jason in LA
01-03-2010, 09:24 PM
Well I was expecting a season like that, but that doesn't mean that I wanted a season like that. Like every year, I want to see a run at the Super Bowl. I want to see this team make the playoffs. Falling short of that pisses me off. So yes, I am upset!

spdirty
01-03-2010, 10:02 PM
Jeezus. A Bolt fan makes more sense than the lot of you. Orton had better stats than your boy Qiuitler, he throws a pretty good game today, and you all just keep b*tching about Orton.,

Yeah, throwing not 1, but 2 pick 6s and throwing your team out of a game is great. Lets give him a Griese type contract.

Frankly, Bronco fans do not deserve a winner now, because they just feel too entitled and smug. Boo frigging hoo. It's time for you all to suffer a bit.

So your saying McDaniels is gonna show us spoiled brats how spoiled we were the last 30 years? If thats really what you think, shouldnt he be fired now? And how spoiled have we been during the second halves of the last 4 seasons?

Oh boy!!!! How many should I rub out over the prospects for the next Moreno/Ayers/Fonzy/Paxson/Quinn/Jordan/over the hill and always hurt Buckhalter? Cant wait!

I had hoped they would have won today, but I am not at all discouraged.

So losing by 20 and giving up 44 to a 3-12 team at home in a game you (at the time) need to win isnt discouraging. OK.

McD is bringing a different attitude of accountability to the team, and is separating the wannabes frorm the players. Good for him.

Yeah, accountability to everyone but himself.

So what are you saying here? Your excited about the prospects of a team who will be drafting in the top 10 and missing the playoffs in the years to come? Or your just happy as a clam that we finished the season 2-8 and out of the playoffs AGAIN so we can all suffer AGAIN? Whatever your saying, go screw yourself. I want a coach who is accountable and takes responsibility for what HIS team does on the field.

Wes Mantooth
01-04-2010, 04:06 AM
^^^This

Even though my expectations for the season were low, the 6-0 start had me drinking the Kool Aid.

Man, that's an AWFUL aftertaste!

I would be absolutely estatic about the future if we closed out with a 6-0 finish.

WolfpackGuy
01-04-2010, 04:20 AM
I was expecting 5 wins.

The defense played unreal football the first 6 games.

8-8 finishing on some sort of an upswing would've shown the team was showing improvement.

8-8 after a 2-8 finish means opponents have probably figured the team out.

TailgateNut
01-04-2010, 06:20 AM
Both Orton and Cutler sucks..We need a NFL QB that can win the game.

I love it when morons blame the quarterback when the defense looks like a ****ing sieve.

broncofan7
01-04-2010, 06:21 AM
I love it when morons blame the quarterback when the defense looks like a ****ing sieve.

14 points--he threw more TD passes to THEM than he did for US.

WakeUpCall
01-04-2010, 09:53 AM

ROFL!ROFL!ROFL!

Well, nor that you put it that way, it's pretty bad...