PDA

View Full Version : So, I haven't watched the game yet...

Broncoman13
01-03-2010, 06:24 PM
Should I bother?

Did we at least play inspired ball? Judging by the 300 yards rushing we gave up and the 17-0 4th quarter, I doubt we did.

Last but not least, was this game for the playoffs? I mean, do we get in with a win or is it still unknown at this point?

bpc
01-03-2010, 06:26 PM
No.

Don't.

Do.

It.

Terrible.

Worst playoff choke i've seen yet, and last year was bad.

vancejohnson82
01-03-2010, 06:28 PM
the people on this board during the game cared a lot more than any of our players...it was gross

broncofan
01-03-2010, 06:30 PM
NO. One of the most ball-less efforts by our team.

Broncoman13
01-03-2010, 06:32 PM
Okay, I won't bother to watch... that sucks. I didn't think we were goign to win this one anyhow though. Way too much controversy going into this game.

Gort
01-03-2010, 06:35 PM
Should I bother?

Did we at least play inspired ball? Judging by the 300 yards rushing we gave up and the 17-0 4th quarter, I doubt we did.

Last but not least, was this game for the playoffs? I mean, do we get in with a win or is it still unknown at this point?

watch until midway through the 3rd quarter when we tied the score at 17-17. then turn it off and burn the tape.

broncosteven
01-03-2010, 06:37 PM
It was sad, we go 3 and out in our 1st possession to start the game, here is a hint it was 3rd and 1 and we ran the ball guess what happened?

Then KFC gets the ball and their 1st play is 50+ yarder to some dude who has had 3 catches all year.

It was like a 4 play drive for a TD. Looked the D was laying down.

We didn't have a lead at any point today. O tried to keep up but it is hard when your QB throws 2 pick 6's and and a 3rd INT near red zone.

Oh and I forgot about Charles's 250+ yard rushing day...

Dudeskey
01-03-2010, 06:38 PM
Don't bother, you're better off spending your time w/ a six pack & knocking out a few things on the "honey do" list...™

Broncoman13
01-03-2010, 06:43 PM
How did Moreno look?

strafen
01-03-2010, 06:43 PM
Should I bother?

Last but not least, was this game for the playoffs? I mean, do we get in with a win or is it still unknown at this point?Uninspired football is a good way to put it.
It's become clear these players don't want to play for McDaniels, and contrary to what people here want you to believe, yes, he's lost his players.

He knew he was going to be an asshole, that's why he brought players from New England to bring him instant loyalty, he bought loyalty, instead of earning the loyalty from the whole team.
He's created a mutiny. I doubt these players are happy with McDaniels, and we won't ever hear anything from the players either.
They saw what happened to Marshall, Scheff, and Hillis.
He'll be building a bigger doghouse in the off-season, as players will start to voice their opinion as to what went wrong in a subtle kind of way...

strafen
01-03-2010, 06:45 PM
How did Moreno look?:spit:
Have you seen the guy run all season?
Thean, you now know how he did.
14 for 50 yards and 2 gimmie TD's
3.8 ypa

LongDongJohnson
01-03-2010, 06:46 PM
if you want to watch a defense that cant tackle or stop the run to save its life then yes watch it.

ScottXray
01-03-2010, 07:03 PM
NO. One of the most ball-less efforts by our team.

Offense tried pretty hard...Defense was a disaster from the first snap.

TheReverend
01-03-2010, 07:06 PM
http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii237/cbc82/GIF_saftey_guy_suicide.gif

Broncoman13
01-03-2010, 07:35 PM
:spit:
Have you seen the guy run all season?
Thean, you now know how he did.
14 for 50 yards and 2 gimmie TD's
3.8 ypa

With the way we run in short yardage there is no such thing as a gimme TD. You can't have it both ways drag. Moreno has been a bright spot on this team. He'll be a lot better next year too. Look forward to seeing that kid refreshed and strengthened. As much as you would like to believe it, he is not the problem. The problem is under center. When you don't have to respect the QB it's easy to contain the running game. I'm concerned with where McD's head is regarding this issue. When you throw so many underneath routes and your QB is as immobile as Orton is, you are going to struggle running the ball. I mean, do teams really fear that Orton my bootleg and run some play action?

broncosteven
01-03-2010, 07:39 PM
With the way we run in short yardage there is no such thing as a gimme TD. You can't have it both ways drag. Moreno has been a bright spot on this team. He'll be a lot better next year too. Look forward to seeing that kid refreshed and strengthened. As much as you would like to believe it, he is not the problem. The problem is under center. When you don't have to respect the QB it's easy to contain the running game. I'm concerned with where McD's head is regarding this issue. When you throw so many underneath routes and your QB is as immobile as Orton is, you are going to struggle running the ball. I mean, do teams really fear that Orton my bootleg and run some play action?

REP Well said.

I am concerned with where McD's head is with a lot of things.

strafen
01-03-2010, 07:52 PM

Yeah, and I've said it before in regards to Orton's inablilty to play QB effectively.
Opposing defenses are going to stack-up the line to stop the dink and dunk pass, and with that the running game in the process.
There's no OL in football that can sustain that kind of relentless rush week in and week out for 16 weeks.
That's where coaching comes to play a huge role. That's when you make changes and plug in your most talented players to mix things up.
I believe Moreno could've had a better season, don't get me wrong, what disturbed me the most was McDaniels wanting to prove a point with Moreno by virtually putting him in a position to fail.
Moreno was not utilized in a smart way. He demonstrated that he's not -for the moment- an every down runner

One thing I know, unless we go next year with a different QB, I expect our frustrations to continue and things to remain the same...
That's one area of our offense that will make the most significant impact by just changing QB's

Broncoman13
01-03-2010, 08:24 PM
Well, there is one thing we agree on Drag... if we don't fix the QB position we're in for a long 2010 season as well.

Jekyll15Hyde
01-03-2010, 08:29 PM
dont waste your time