PDA

View Full Version : Should Bowlen consider a coaching change?

Denver724
01-03-2010, 05:31 PM
I have been seeing these threads for a while, but thought they were a joke. Now I am wondering if Bowlen should consider it. 4,100 people did not show up to today's game. We won 2 of the last 10. Got beat by two rivals AT HOME.

What are your thoughts?

frerottenextelway
01-03-2010, 05:33 PM
Well, yeah, he should "consider" it. You have to put some thought to it. But he shouldn't pull the trigger. We're in too deep and even McD deserves a full offseason.

DrFate
01-03-2010, 05:42 PM
I thought McDaniels was hired in Feb?

Isn't that a pretty complete offseason? He had the draft, he had FA period, etc?

go_broncos
01-03-2010, 05:44 PM
Mcd should be fired now

yerner
01-03-2010, 05:45 PM
Probably give Mcd another go at it. But tell me Bill Cowher wouldn't make everyone feel better.

The Joker
01-03-2010, 05:47 PM
As pissed as we all are, you can't give up on McDaniels yet.

Was he great this year? No, but he was far from a complete disaster either. If we see another year like this again in 2010, it becomes a valid option then of course. But there were some good things this season, and I figure he deserves a chance to learn from his mistakes.

Denver724
01-03-2010, 05:47 PM
Probably give Mcd another go at it. But tell me Bill Cowher wouldn't make everyone feel better.

Oh yes he would. I would feel a lot better.

colonelbeef
01-03-2010, 05:48 PM
Nope. He needs 3 years at a minimum before any decisions like that can be made. Bowlen made his bed, and now he has to sleep in it.

Hopefully McDaniels learns a few things from this year and realizes that scheming can only get you so far, and that physical talent means something at this level.

broncoblue
01-03-2010, 05:48 PM
probably give mcd another go at it. But tell me bill cowher wouldn't make everyone feel better.

proven winner? Cowher time

DBroncos4life
01-03-2010, 05:49 PM
If Bill Cowher would take the job then yeah but other then that it's pointless. We have to wait it out and see if things change next year.

Hamrob
01-03-2010, 05:58 PM
After today's game...you'd like to strangle him. But, if you take a step back. His first year was 8-8. You can't fire a first year head coach after an 8-8 record.

But I do believe...next year we have to be in the playoffs or he will be fired then.

The MVPlaya
01-03-2010, 05:59 PM
Some of you short term minded people make me wonder what social class you're in.

go_broncos
01-03-2010, 06:01 PM
If we don't fire him now, we will ask the question this year in December.

dbfan4life
He's not going anywhere. Get over it.

broncoblue
why

KevinJames
If we fire McDaniels were no better than the Browns or Lions

let McDaniels stay he made his rookie mistakes give him a chance to improve with the team he had them off to 6-0 start he needs more talent .....more importantly he needs a better QB.

Orton is not it.

Hamrob
01-03-2010, 06:02 PM
It's unbelievable how happy we were with our defense at the beginning of the year and how quickly they fell off. We need to improve that Dline.

Denver724
01-03-2010, 06:03 PM
After today's game...you'd like to strangle him. But, if you take a step back. His first year was 8-8. You can't fire a first year head coach after an 8-8 record.

But I do believe...next year we have to be in the playoffs or he will be fired then.

I just can't see us having a better season without getting better personnel. Couple that with all the FA's being restricted and I don't see us being much better. We need players.

Thoughts?

Popps
He's not going anywhere. Get over it.

This.

You've got to give a coach more than one season to implement his changes.

Like his methodology or not, we showed improvement for most of the season, for a team totally rebuilding.

We need to give him another season, at least.

Hamrob
Let McDaniles stay...fire his ego!!!

Broncos4Life
01-03-2010, 06:04 PM
Mc dick face threw away the season with the Marshall benching. Don't you people get it??? He didnt sit Marshall, he benched him. What a dumb ****. He should of just benched all the starters then. I don't want to get to out of control, but imagine if Jerry Rice was benched in a similer situation. I know the 9ers didnt have a sub par QB like we us back then, but it would have messed with the rhythm of the offense. Marshall is a beast and even injured would have helped us win.

I'm still willing to give Mc dick face another year in spite of this bull****. If he was and experienced HC coming in I would have wanted his dumb ass gone. He did some good things this season, but too many bad losses to remember this as a step up. If anything KC and Oak made some strides. Its not how you start its how you finish, and we finished pretty badly with embarrassing back to back losses at home with another 3 game slide into the gutter.

extralife
If we fire McDaniels were no better than the Browns or Lions

the browns won 4 in a row. the lions at least have a decent young offense.

TheDave
Nope, for better or worse he gets another year...

go_broncos
If Mcd brings Orton next year for starting role, I think we are done.

Captain 'Dre
well, yeah, he should "consider" it. You have to put some thought to it. But he shouldn't pull the trigger. We're in too deep and even mcd deserves a full offseason.

qft

broncoblue
01-03-2010, 06:05 PM
1am beer rules ..will think again in 8 hours

frerottenextelway
01-03-2010, 06:12 PM
... we showed improvement for most of the season...

Wow.

SureShot
01-03-2010, 06:13 PM
By most of the season do you mean 6 games?

Hamrob
01-03-2010, 06:15 PM
Regardless how you feel about the Marshall, Scheffler fiasco....do you think that whole big ugly stink affected the outcome of this game?

To me, the guys just didn't look prepared to play.

broncofan7
01-03-2010, 06:16 PM
This.

You've got to give a coach more than one season to implement his changes.

Like his methodology or not, we showed improvement for most of the season, for a team totally rebuilding.

We need to give him another season, at least.

and with that SINGLE statement you lose ALL CREDIBILITY. You have been an apologist since his hiring and firing of JAYC...2 & 8 in your last ten games is NOT SHOWING IMPROVEMENT--how many times do I have to point this out to you?

Hamrob
01-03-2010, 06:20 PM
Man...this thing is going to get worse tonight if the Bengals happen to know off the Jets.

orinjkrush
01-03-2010, 06:22 PM
i'm wondering about McD's ability to work with and through other people.

he seems like the master software programmer who's now in charge....

could be good. could be bad. we get to watch.

ScottXray
01-03-2010, 06:34 PM
Mc dick face threw away the season with the Marshall benching. Don't you people get it??? He didnt sit Marshall, he benched him. What a dumb ****. He should of just benched all the starters then. I don't want to get to out of control, but imagine if Jerry Rice was benched in a similer situation. I know the 9ers didnt have a sub par QB like we us back then, but it would have messed with the rhythm of the offense. Marshall is a beast and even injured would have helped us win.

I'm still willing to give Mc dick face another year in spite of this bull****. If he was and experienced HC coming in I would have wanted his dumb ass gone. He did some good things this season, but too many bad losses to remember this as a step up. If anything KC and Oak made some strides. Its not how you start its how you finish, and we finished pretty badly with embarrassing back to back losses at home with another 3 game slide into the gutter.

Marshall Sat Marshall, and McD decided if he wanted to sit, he also wouldn't dress. I guess it depends on who is doing the talking. Gaffney made up for what BM took away.

Hopefully McD laerns from this season and tones down the rhetoric in the press next year...but he probably made the right choice in deactivating him.
And Brandon Marshall doesn't play defense, and didn't give up score after score to the Chiefs today....Maybe the players on this team need to take a long hard look at who thye got beat by today and suck it up a little.

We got embarassed by a crappy team today. It isn't anything that hasn't happened in the last 4 years before.

A rookie coach at 8-8 with a rebuilding team doesn't make me proud....but it doesn't make me feel like there isn't some hope for the future either. And frankly, I didn't feel much different about the last three Shanahan teams, except I wasn't as hopeful for the future.

Lestat
01-03-2010, 06:58 PM
i wanna strangle him for sure. his ego and Belichick tendencies are gonna wear thin in a hurry with the team if he keeps it up. it's one thing if you've won and won big. but a first year coach doing what he did and going 8-8.
he'll be on shaky ground, but Bowlen gave him the reigns so it is what it is.

SonOfLe-loLang
01-03-2010, 07:00 PM
i'm wondering about McD's ability to work with and through other people.

he seems like the master software programmer who's now in charge....

could be good. could be bad. we get to watch.

i like that analogy.

He's a really smart dude who needs to learn to handle egos. This is the NFL, there are plenty of egos and you need some of them to win