PDA

View Full Version : McDaniels's blank check ended today...

lostknight
01-03-2010, 05:14 PM
McDaniel's blank check ended today. McDaniels has blamed everyone but himself for the error. Today he pulled out the receiving tight end and replaced him with a man that any idiot knows has hands of bricks. This year he has squandered the second best offense in football last year. Today his team gave up 300 yards rushing.

This entire season, he has consistently held grudges and allowed them to hurt his team - Cutler, Marshall, Royal, Stokley, Sheffler and Hillis. He has replaced those players with players that he picked that have been ineffective - Lamont Jordan, Alphonso Smith (is he really better then Dre Bly?)

He has also shown flashes of brilliance, but at this point, with one year under the belt, the possibility of long term damage to this franchise is still great, and the benefits of firing Mike Shanahan? Gone after the 6-0 start.

We can't have Shanahan back. But we can keep McDaniels doing what he does well - coaching, and not what he has caused our team to be mocked around the NFL over and over and over - personnel.

At least until he grows up a bit.

snowspot66
01-03-2010, 05:16 PM
McDaniel's blank check ended today. McDaniels has blamed everyone but himself for the error. Today he pulled out the receiving tight end and replaced him with a man that any idiot knows has hands of bricks. This year he has squandered the second best offense in football last year. Today his team gave up 300 yards rushing.

This entire season, he has consistently held grudges and allowed them to hurt his team - Cutler, Marshall, Royal, Stokley, Sheffler and Hillis. He has replaced those players with players that he picked that have been ineffective - Lamont Jordan, Alphonso Smith (is he really better then Dre Bly?)

He has also shown flashes of brilliance, but at this point, with one year under the belt, the possibility of long term damage to this franchise is still great, and the benefits of firing Mike Shanahan? Gone after the 6-0 start.

We can't have Shanahan back. But we can keep McDaniels doing what he does well - coaching, and not what he has caused our team to be mocked around the NFL over and over and over - personnel.

At least until he grows up a bit.

Still trying to perpetuate that myth?

lostknight
01-03-2010, 05:20 PM

Go to NFL.com. Pick stats, pick stats. Pick 2008. Notice Denver at number two.

It doesn't follow that because you choose to reject reality, that you get to substitute you own.

tsiguy96
01-03-2010, 05:27 PM

It doesn't follow that because you choose to reject reality, that you get to substitute you own.

yards do not equal points.

mcdaniels has blamed coaching several times, im sure hes aware its as much his fault as much as anyone else.

snowspot66
01-03-2010, 05:29 PM

So yards are more important than points? We had an average offense last year and we have an average offense this year.

lod01
01-03-2010, 05:44 PM
McDoosh showcasing his greatness. (http://sportsbybrooks.com/mcdaniels-to-chargers-pregame-we-own-you-guys-27071)

This clown is just a juvenile POS.

strafen
01-03-2010, 05:48 PM
McDoosh showcasing his greatness. (http://sportsbybrooks.com/mcdaniels-to-chargers-pregame-we-own-you-guys-27071)

This clown is just a juvenile POS.Get this cowardly, retarded, juvenile, clown, control freak ego maniac outta here!!! :D
Seriously. He antagonized the whole locker room.
Nobody is going to run thru a wall for this idot!

lod01
01-03-2010, 06:00 PM
LMAO at his press conference. What a loser. Nothing is his fault that is for sure.

dbfan4life
01-03-2010, 06:04 PM
It's hard to pinpoint whose fault it was. 6-0 to no playoffs. Can't be all McD's fault.

peacepipe
01-03-2010, 06:05 PM

At least until he grows up a bit.does it make a differance,he wasn't dre blys' replacement,andre goodman was. whom is better than bly. get your facts straight.

Florida_Bronco
01-03-2010, 06:05 PM
McDaniels has blamed everyone but himself for the error. Where do you come up with such bull****? Watch ANY post game conference after a loss and he ALWAYS puts blame on himself.

strafen
01-03-2010, 06:11 PM
This guy is creating a mutiny.
You can't blame the players and not look at yourself.
He's created this mess.
He became the center of attention.
No player shall be greater than the coach!
Eveybody in the locker room became subordinates and no one should be above the coach. Not that it was never a good idea, but you know what I mean...

dsmoot
01-03-2010, 06:12 PM
yards do not equal points.

mcdaniels has blamed coaching several times, im sure hes aware its as much his fault as much as anyone else.

We were the second best 2008 offense in between the 20's.

lod01
01-03-2010, 06:13 PM
Where do you come up with such bull****? Watch ANY post game conference after a loss and he ALWAYS puts blame on himself.

Didn't see any blame taken. Just a lot of bs like we need to get better. we need to evaluate. Nothing like it should have been. Like 'I suck as a HC. I'm not qualified. I'm a stupid McDoosh.'

Florida_Bronco
01-03-2010, 06:17 PM
Didn't see any blame taken. Then you didn't watch.

Broncos4Life
01-03-2010, 06:21 PM
This guy is creating a mutiny.
You can't blame the players and not look at yourself.
He's created this mess.
He became the center of attention.
No player shall be greater than the coach!
Eveybody in the locker room became subordinates and no one should be above the coach. Not that it was never a good idea, but you know what I mean...

You could say Shanny did this as well. Sort of a replay of last season.

toad
01-03-2010, 06:28 PM

Word.

snowspot66
01-03-2010, 06:31 PM
Didn't see any blame taken. Just a lot of bs like we need to get better. we need to evaluate. Nothing like it should have been. Like 'I suck as a HC. I'm not qualified. I'm a stupid McDoosh.'

Wow you are dense aren't you.

You realize when a person says "we" they are including themselves right? As in he needs to do better as well?

jhat01
01-03-2010, 06:40 PM
Oh so now it's McDaniels defense that gave up 300 yards rushing? I thought Nolan was the reason we were 6-0 and McDaniels had no part in it. You idiots can't have it both ways.

UberBroncoMan
01-03-2010, 06:40 PM

Last year's offense still scored more than this one.

extralife
01-03-2010, 06:43 PM

and this year we were worse in the red zone.

oh yeah and also between the 20s

Moki01
01-03-2010, 06:44 PM
Hey Josh,
Take care of your own House

Sometime during the next week a lot of coaches will be fired. Prime people will quickly become available. MOVE fast, hire an offensive coordinator, you can’t do it all, your predictable, far greater coaches than you have needed coordinators, hey even Hoodie Sr. has an OC & DC. Suck up your ego and hire Weis if necessary.
You’re probably going to lose Dennison and Turner back to Shannahan. Dennison will get a promotion, Turner because he really knows how RB’s can use the ZBS
Players

Get as much as possible for Marshall and Sheffler, they are both gone and everybody knows it.
You’re probably not going to be drafting this high again for a while, (and still be employed) so do what it takes to get a quality QB. Orton is what he is, it’s unlikely he will have a better year than the one he just had.
You need an upgrade at center and guard, (NOW) (FA?)
You’re punter is unreliable & cost you big time
Your Special Teams made both few mistakes and few big plays
You’re faith in Merino is a big gamble, the best we can say about him is at least he stayed healthy
Keep investing in the D, that line just got the sh…… kicked out of it, and the LB’s were no help either

Florida_Bronco
01-03-2010, 06:45 PM
hire an offensive coordinator, you canít do it all, your predictable, far greater coaches than you have needed coordinators, hey even Hoodie Sr. has an OC & DC. Suck up your ego and hire Weis if necessary. Josh has an offensive coordinator. His name is Mike McCoy.

::)

snowspot66
01-03-2010, 06:53 PM
Last year's offense still scored more than this one.

Yeah. They did. The difference is about a field goal per game. The competition can more than explain that drop off. Never mind any other variables. It is what it is. Average. That didn't change.

extralife
01-03-2010, 06:54 PM
if we averaged 3 more points a game we would, by pure mathematical definition, be in the playoffs. but I guess it's just a wash, eh?

snowspot66
01-03-2010, 06:59 PM
if we averaged 3 more points a game we would, by pure mathematical definition, be in the playoffs. but I guess it's just a wash, eh?

Oh I'd love to hear your logic on that one.

gyldenlove
01-03-2010, 07:01 PM

They will never understand that. Mcdaniels is beyond reproach even though we are worse at scoring points, worse in the red zone, worse at converting 3rd downs and worse at running the ball (you know all the things good offense are good at).

Fact is that despite the best interest of so many of the fanboys, this team is not improved one bit, we are still an 8-8 team that chokes like a 13 year old thai sheboy when it matters. We still have a QB who ****s up when it matters, we have an even worse run game and we are about to lose our most talented player without any plan to replace him.

And we have a group of idiots talking about accountability, but I doubt they will be talking about it quite so much. Graham for instance who was all piss and vinegar should accept a new contract at the veteran minimum to pay us back for his epic drops (but I doubt he will be accountable).

strafen
01-03-2010, 07:05 PM
They will never understand that. Mcdaniels is beyond reproach even though we are worse at scoring points, worse in the red zone, worse at converting 3rd downs and worse at running the ball (you know all the things good offense are good at).

Fact is that despite the best interest of so many of the fanboys, this team is not improved one bit, we are still an 8-8 team that chokes like a 13 year old thai sheboy when it matters. We still have a QB who ****s up when it matters, we have an even worse run game and we are about to lose our most talented player without any plan to replace him.

And we have a group of idiots talking about accountability, but I doubt they will be talking about it quite so much. Graham for instance who was all piss and vinegar should accept a new contract at the veteran minimum to pay us back for his epic drops (but I doubt he will be accountable).Yeah, that's why we benched Scheffler. He's a marginal TE's according to the experts here who were quick to throw him under the bus.
Be careful of what you wish for, people!

snowspot66
01-03-2010, 07:10 PM

And we have a group of idiots talking about accountability, but I doubt they will be talking about it quite so much. Graham for instance who was all piss and vinegar should accept a new contract at the veteran minimum to pay us back for his epic drops (but I doubt he will be accountable).

Really? We haven't improved at all? Defense ring a bell? Now your just making **** up to claim your right.

extralife
01-03-2010, 07:16 PM
Oh I'd love to hear your logic on that one.

L, Oakland: 19-20

L, Philadelphia: 27-30

heeey-yo!

want to lean on stupid numbers, be prepared to look like an idiot.

snowspot66
01-03-2010, 07:27 PM
L, Oakland: 19-20

L, Philadelphia: 27-30

heeey-yo!

want to lean on stupid numbers, be prepared to look like an idiot.

Oh. So if we had simply put up 3 more points per game we're in the playoffs. That simple?

Wow. Thank you so much for enlightening me.

Or maybe they could have put up three more per game like last years team managed it. By blowing out horrible defenses to start the year and then tanking it.

Dumbass.

extralife
01-03-2010, 07:30 PM
you're the one drudging up that number ever chance you get, not me.

I mean seriously, you're lone defense that our offense is not worse this year is a stat that shows that we are--BUT ONLY SLIGHTLY!!!!

that alone should tell you something.

steeledude
01-03-2010, 07:47 PM
Our "improved" D is a strong breeze away from crumbling. You don't build a D with 30 + year olds. It works when you have promising youth to back it up, but we really don't aside from DJ and Dumervil. Dawkins will hit a wall any time now like John Lynch, Champ will too unfortunately (hope he retires a Bronco though). About the only good thing I see right now is Goodman, but he's no fresh young pup either.

Our offense is much worse than last year. It cannot win in a shoot out. The first change needs to be QB. Then DT. And from there see what you can get, we are years away now. We'll also need WR, CB, DE, OG, and possibly a new Center.

Edit: One thing could save us some moves though. Firing Josh. That alone could keep us Brandon Marshall. The new coach would have to utilize the strength of this team and change our horrid o-line into a good one again with the zone blocking scheme. You'd probably see Moreno do better there too.

snowspot66
01-03-2010, 07:56 PM
you're the one drudging up that number ever chance you get, not me.

I mean seriously, you're lone defense that our offense is not worse this year is a stat that shows that we are--BUT ONLY SLIGHTLY!!!!

that alone should tell you something.

Look at the competition dumbass.

Significantly stronger competition this year and yet we only decline in points per game by a field goal. New coach, new system for everybody.

Your only argument in response is to cling to stats when everybody on this board throws out "but stats don't tell the full story".

We were worse in points but against defenses that were SIGNIFICANTLY stronger. We can therefor deduce that the offense stayed the same. It tread water. It was average.

It's really not a hard concept.

Broncos4tw
01-03-2010, 08:04 PM
Our vaunted D just got the living crap kicked out of them by a team with 3 wins.

Are you effing kidding me? Our D had some solid performances, and a few half-performances.. and a few absolute disasters. But at the end of the day, losing to a team with 3 wins AT HOME is an absolute disgrace. Please.. save your "D has improved" crap until they can prove they have actually improved.

lostknight
01-03-2010, 09:14 PM
Dre could have been a serviceable nickle. As it is, we basically had to pay (via the salary cap) for him not to play.

As far as changes, I've said it since game 3, and I will continue to say it: A creative offensive coordinator is the number one thing we need. Please please please get Charlie Weis.

Mr. Bailey was beatable this year, and at the very least, we need to pick some top talent up for him to mentor.

Marshall will be as good as gone. The second Shanahan was gone I predicted that. We need to be in a position to get as much as we can from it - a first and a third would be ideal. Of course, if by some miracle a CBA is signed, Marshall is gone with no recompense.

We might be able to get a second for Tony.

B-Dawk is here to stay as long as he wants to be here, but his primary job next year needs to be training David Bruton and McBath in the ways of Wolverine. One more safety next would be a good investment.

On the offensive side of the ball, with no commitment to ZBS, the magical days of 1000 yard runners as afterthoughts are gone. I would expect to see a third or fourth round RB selection.

And yes. We need a punter.

But most of all, we need some wide receivers.

Broncos4tw
01-03-2010, 09:18 PM
We need a QB that doesn't zone into one receiver and that's it. I was laughing when at one point, our receivers were Gaf at 10 catches.. and two others with 1 each. No Marshall? That's ok.. Orton will lock onto a new receivers, and call it good.

gyldenlove
01-03-2010, 09:44 PM
Really? We haven't improved at all? Defense ring a bell? Now your just making **** up to claim your right.

Do we have more wins than we did last year? no, ergo we didn't improve. Did we make the playoffs? no, ergo we didn't improve.

Mecklomaniac
01-03-2010, 09:55 PM

If true that would make him the Philip Rivers of coaching

Atwater His Ass
01-03-2010, 10:28 PM
We need a QB that doesn't zone into one receiver and that's it. I was laughing when at one point, our receivers were Gaf at 10 catches.. and two others with 1 each. No Marshall? That's ok.. Orton will lock onto a new receivers, and call it good.

yep.

marshall is not as irreplaceable as people think with Orton at QB.

im too lazy to look, but id bet less than 10-15 out of marshalls 100+ receptions were when he ran a route longer than 15 yards.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
01-03-2010, 11:30 PM
OJT for a really young HC.

Can't put all the blame on McD.

RMT
01-04-2010, 12:28 AM

This story was taken way out of context and it was later revealed the Merriman embellished the story. Find a credible source before posting fanatical media drama.

fontaine
01-04-2010, 03:39 AM
1. Nolan vastly improved the defense and more importantly put in a scheme that maximised the talent we have. It's not an all world defense but he's put the foundation in and that creates something we haven't had in Denver for years: Continuity so that now we can bring in the specific kind of talent to fit that defense and philosophy.
CHECK

2. The ST coach has also improved the overall play here after they sucked week after week. The tackling in the defending kick offs and punts has been improved and our return game with Royal looks a lot better.
CHECK.

3. The offense has gone backwards. The running game is non existent even against average run defenses and is discarded too early, too often. The passing game is predictable dink and dunk material where we don't stretch the field and DON'T compete against good offense when they score more than 20 points. McDaniels is the coach here, he's the one that brought in the talent in the draft/FA class so he's responsible here. FAIL.

It's simply about accountability. Each coach, just like each player has to be held accountable.