PDA

View Full Version : MHR Marshall, Scheffler, McD and Future Draft Excitement

NYBronco
01-03-2010, 04:50 AM
Here's a good article that attempts to reasonably explain the current problems in Bronco land. Also, provides some information new to me from what has been presented here.

My interest was perked with the trade value and scenarios presented near the end of the article.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2010/1/2/1231142/and-so-it-begins?ref=yahoo

"Brandon is showing his true colors again, proving that a leopard can't change it's spots. We all knew that he wasn't satisfied with his pay grade, and it was thought that he was worried that he wouldn't be featured enough in Josh McDaniel's new offense. Well, that myth has been debunked. Marshall is sending the same vibe that got Jay Cutler a one-way ticket out of town. If you remember (how could we not?), Brian Xanders and Josh McDaniels schooled the Bears and took advantage of their own greed. They got maximum return out of a potential headache. Hold tight and we will soon see what kind of bids come out for Brandon's services. What is the value of a Top 5 difference-making WR? Who are the likely Bidders?

It's true that Cutler would love to throw to either or both of these former teammates, but McX has milked that Cash Cow for all it's worth. If Mike Shanahan ends up in Washington like everyone thinks, Dan Snyder won't prevent him from acquiring both players. Baltimore (22nd pick), Jacksonville (12th pick), Miami (15th pick), and Detroit (2nd pick) all need a #1 Receiver. How about Cleveland (6th pick). Josh Cribbs anyone? Would Jerry Jones (26th pick) part with ROY candidate Miles Austin? Houston's (18th pick) Andre Johnson would make a good straight up trade. But would Kubiak go for it? Brandon is buddies with Larry Fitzgerald. Would the Cards trade Anquan Boldin for a chance to have that pair? In New York (21st pick), Mark Sanchez needs someone to help him succeed. St. Louis (1st pick) and Tampa Bay (4th pick) have Draft picks and need so much help that they can't really afford to bid for just one player. Tennessee (13th pick)could use the help. Then there's Seattle. They have the 7th and 19th picks and have an affinity for collecting WR's. If the Broncos get a low enough pick in trade without a receiver to replace him, do they maneuver to pick up Dez Bryant?

"What about his replacement in Free Agency. Here is the list of upcoming UFA's. See anyone you like," queried the Kap'n?

Arnaz Battle, Marty Booker, Antonio Bryant, Nate Burleson, Tim Carter, Chris Chambers, Antonio Chatman, Terrance Copper, Bobby Engram, Brian Finneran, Mike Furrey, Greg Lewis, Brandon Lloyd, Derrick Mason, Shaun McDonald, Sean Morey, Muhsin Muhammad, Kassim Osgood, Terrell Owens, Josh Reed, David Tyree, Bobby Wade, Kevin Walter, Kelley Washington, Ernest Wilford."

watermock
01-03-2010, 05:24 AM
This guy is delusional and an idiot.

If the Broncos want to give away Marshall, that is their right. I doesn't mean he won't get a good payday.

Jesus Christ, what an idiot.

cmhargrove
01-03-2010, 05:36 AM
This guy is delusional and an idiot.

If the Broncos want to give away Marshall, that is their right. I doesn't mean he won't get a good payday.

Jesus Christ, what an idiot.

I agree - pure idiocy.

Detroit needs a #1 with Calvin Johnson?
Houston letting go of Andre Johnson?
The Cowboys love Miles Austin, why would they trade him as well?

Just stupid. Way too early to see how this is playing out...

Elway777
01-03-2010, 07:37 AM
I think a team like Baltimore might be willing to trade a first for Marshall. Mason is near the end and flacco needs a go 2 guy.

Then I see the Broncos drafting 1a. Dez Bryant , best receiver in draft 1b Mike Iupati , Best guard in draft 2 Kris O' Dowd , best center in draft with the first 3 picks . I also see them signing signing Ben Watson and trading Scheffler. I also think they could sign a wide receiver like Jason Avant from Eagles.
Even though I really don't like Madanials for ripping apart the Broncos this draft scenaria would give the Broncos a dominating offensive line along with 2 real good wide receivers .

BroncoBuff
01-03-2010, 07:46 AM
A very poor statistical analysis of Scheffler. Guy quotes that Scheff's been targeted 3.07 times per game this year, compared to 4.54 last year, then says "he's only lost the opportunity for 1 ball per game. If 1 extra opportunity is enough to make Scheffler this upset, then he is quite possibly entering the land of Terrell Owens."

Let's count all the ways he's wrong: 1) It's one and a HALF fewer targets per game ... at least get the numbers right. 2) He quotes the total # of snaps raw numbers - Scheff was on the field for 39% of '08 snaps, and 55% of '09 snaps - and he foolishly says Scheff "should be happy" because of that. Wrong. Any decent numbers cruncher would understand the ratio factor, that the # of targets have dropped 1.5 per game, despite the fact he's out there 16% more than last year! They're not using him when he's out there! We all know Tony is not a big blocker, not a hugely durable Daniel Graham tight end, rather he is a unique weapon of modest durability. You don't trot him out there for tons more plays if you're gonna use him less ... that just wears him down and frustrates him.

We have Graham and Quinn for the meat and potatoes ... Scheff is similar to a 3rd down back ... if you try to make him a workhorse, his production and unique weapon skills suffer.

Plus this TJ guy says "Tony has a terrible habit of dropping passes at key moments." But the stats line shows just two drops all year! I remember one of them, a few weeks ago, and it was very early in that game as I recall, not a "key" moment at all. So that makes no sense either.

TheDave
01-03-2010, 07:48 AM
Look, I'm as tired of BMarsh's act as anyone. But people need to stop pretending that Dez Bryant is type of compensation for Brandon Marshal.

Brandon has put up 3 straight 100 catch seasons, 2 pro bowls and just broke the NFL record for most catches in a game. Oh yeah and he's only 25. The odds are significantly against Bryant doing any of the above.

If we move him we better get a kings ransom for this kid...

tsiguy96
01-03-2010, 07:53 AM
Look, I'm as tired of BMarsh's act as anyone. But people need to stop pretending that Dez Bryant is type of compensation for Brandon Marshal.

Brandon has put up 3 straight 100 catch seasons, 2 pro bowls and just broke the NFL record for most catches in a game. Oh yeah and he's only 25. The odds are significantly against Bryant doing any of the above.

i think people need to stop pretending like mcd is an idiot and is going to give him away for nothing. they said the same **** about cutler.

uplink
01-03-2010, 07:54 AM
God I have trouble reading those articles from the MHR site. So overly dramatized. Don't have that problem with any other broncos related media.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

tsiguy96
01-03-2010, 07:58 AM
God I have trouble reading those articles from the MHR site. So overly dramatized. Don't have that problem with any other broncos related media.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

:spit:

TheDave
01-03-2010, 07:58 AM
i think people need to stop pretending like mcd is an idiot and is going to give him away for nothing. they said the same **** about cutler.

Look jackass... so did you. You also said they should not have traded him so go rewrite history somewhere else.

But beyond that thanks for agreeing with what I said.

If we move him we better get a kings ransom for the kid...

tsiguy96
01-03-2010, 08:01 AM
Look jackass... so did you. You also said they should not have traded him so go rewrite history somewhere else.

But beyond that thanks for agreeing with what I said.

they probably shouldnt have, but now that they did im ****ing happy for it. jackass. you also gauranteed a 2 win season right? or was it just 67% chance?

mcd is not an idiot regardless of what some of you armchair GMs think.

bowtown
01-03-2010, 08:03 AM
I'd like Cribbs and the #6 from Cleveland, not sure that's realistic though.

As far as FAs go, I'd like to see us take flyers on Walter and Washington, though I doubt either of their respective teams let them walk.

TheDave
01-03-2010, 08:04 AM
they probably shouldnt have, but now that they did im ****ing happy for it. jackass. you also gauranteed a 2 win season right? or was it just 67% chance?

mcd is not an idiot regardless of what some of you armchair GMs think.

actually that would be 6 wins... and the only person in this thread using McDaniels and idiot in the same sentence is you.

now if that's all you've got, go play superfan somewhere else.

tsiguy96
01-03-2010, 08:07 AM
actually that would be 6 wins... and the only person in this thread using McDaniels and idiot in the same sentence is you.

now if that's all you've got, go play superfan somewhere else.

this "superfan" was 100% more right about everything this offseason than you were jackass. and people like you that cosntantly imply that mcdaniels is an idiot because hes gonna cut marshall and is purposefully dumping hte good players on this team show exactly waht you know about football day in and day out.

TheDave
01-03-2010, 08:09 AM
this "superfan" was 100% more right about everything this offseason than you were jackass. and people like you that cosntantly imply that mcdaniels is an idiot because hes gonna cut marshall and is purposefully dumping hte good players on this team show exactly waht you know about football day in and day out.

Are you ahving an argument with yourself?

No one is implying anything in this thread. Seriously fanboy go throw your fake rage somewhere else.

tsiguy96
01-03-2010, 08:11 AM
Are you ahving an argument with yourself?

No one is implying anything in this thread. Seriously fanboy go throw your fake rage somewhere else.

so now you are insulting other bronco fans for being fanboys. curious.

bowtown
01-03-2010, 08:11 AM
http://blog.sellsiusrealestate.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/07/piss%20fountain.jpg

2KBack
01-03-2010, 08:26 AM
A very poor statistical analysis of Scheffler. Guy quotes that Scheff's been targeted 3.07 times per game this year, compared to 4.54 last year, then says "he's only lost the opportunity for 1 ball per game. If 1 extra opportunity is enough to make Scheffler this upset, then he is quite possibly entering the land of Terrell Owens."

Let's count all the ways he's wrong: 1) It's one and a HALF fewer targets per game ... at least get the numbers right. 2) He quotes the total # of snaps raw numbers - Scheff was on the field for 39% of '08 snaps, and 55% of '09 snaps - and he foolishly says Scheff "should be happy" because of that. Wrong. Any decent numbers cruncher would understand the ratio factor, that the # of targets have dropped 1.5 per game, despite the fact he's out there 16% more than last year! They're not using him when he's out there! We all know Tony is not a big blocker, not a hugely durable Daniel Graham tight end, rather he is a unique weapon of modest durability. You don't trot him out there for tons more plays if you're gonna use him less ... that just wears him down and frustrates him.

We have Graham and Quinn for the meat and potatoes ... Scheff is similar to a 3rd down back ... if you try to make him a workhorse, his production and unique weapon skills suffer.

Plus this TJ guy says "Tony has a terrible habit of dropping passes at key moments." But the stats line shows just two drops all year! I remember one of them, a few weeks ago, and it was very early in that game as I recall, not a "key" moment at all. So that makes no sense either.

Then the stats are wrong, and you misremember. Tony Had 2 drops alone in the last game, and one for a TD.

colonelbeef
01-03-2010, 08:42 AM

And he was a 1st round talent paid as a 4th rounder. That is huge when it comes to managing the salary cap.

Hulamau
01-03-2010, 08:45 AM

Sorry Buff, `Tony has had a few more drops including two big ones against The eagles including what would have been a game winner, all else being equal. receiving TE just don't get as much work in this offense.

Chris
01-03-2010, 08:53 AM
I'm not saying this is the truth but you could make a case that all Brandon wanted this year was the numbers and then cry his way out of the team on purpose at the end of the season.

broncofan7
01-03-2010, 08:53 AM
Here's a good article that attempts to reasonably explain the current problems in Bronco land. Also, provides some information new to me from what has been presented here.

My interest was perked with the trade value and scenarios presented near the end of the article.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2010/1/2/1231142/and-so-it-begins?ref=yahoo

"Brandon is showing his true colors again, proving that a leopard can't change it's spots. We all knew that he wasn't satisfied with his pay grade, and it was thought that he was worried that he wouldn't be featured enough in Josh McDaniel's new offense. Well, that myth has been debunked. Marshall is sending the same vibe that got Jay Cutler a one-way ticket out of town. If you remember (how could we not?), Brian Xanders and Josh McDaniels schooled the Bears and took advantage of their own greed. They got maximum return out of a potential headache. Hold tight and we will soon see what kind of bids come out for Brandon's services. What is the value of a Top 5 difference-making WR? Who are the likely Bidders?

It's true that Cutler would love to throw to either or both of these former teammates, but McX has milked that Cash Cow for all it's worth. If Mike Shanahan ends up in Washington like everyone thinks, Dan Snyder won't prevent him from acquiring both players. Baltimore (22nd pick), Jacksonville (12th pick), Miami (15th pick), and Detroit (2nd pick) all need a #1 Receiver. How about Cleveland (6th pick). Josh Cribbs anyone? Would Jerry Jones (26th pick) part with ROY candidate Miles Austin? Houston's (18th pick) Andre Johnson would make a good straight up trade. But would Kubiak go for it? Brandon is buddies with Larry Fitzgerald. Would the Cards trade Anquan Boldin for a chance to have that pair? In New York (21st pick), Mark Sanchez needs someone to help him succeed. St. Louis (1st pick) and Tampa Bay (4th pick) have Draft picks and need so much help that they can't really afford to bid for just one player. Tennessee (13th pick)could use the help. Then there's Seattle. They have the 7th and 19th picks and have an affinity for collecting WR's. If the Broncos get a low enough pick in trade without a receiver to replace him, do they maneuver to pick up Dez Bryant?

"What about his replacement in Free Agency. Here is the list of upcoming UFA's. See anyone you like," queried the Kap'n?

Arnaz Battle, Marty Booker, Antonio Bryant, Nate Burleson, Tim Carter, Chris Chambers, Antonio Chatman, Terrance Copper, Bobby Engram, Brian Finneran, Mike Furrey, Greg Lewis, Brandon Lloyd, Derrick Mason, Shaun McDonald, Sean Morey, Muhsin Muhammad, Kassim Osgood, Terrell Owens, Josh Reed, David Tyree, Bobby Wade, Kevin Walter, Kelley Washington, Ernest Wilford."

You are quick to discredit naysayers like me--yet you hop on board an article that is full of fallacies and inaccuracies--no #1 Wr in Detroit? ROY candidate miles austin? HE IS NOT A ROOKIE.....this article is so full of fail--just delete this thread and spare yourself the further scrutiny........

WolfpackGuy
01-03-2010, 08:55 AM
What good will the draft picks be if "The Coach" is just going to screw them up anyway?

NYBronco
01-03-2010, 08:58 AM
Yu are quick to discredit naysayers like me--yet you hop on board and article that is full of fallacies--no #1 Wr in Detroit? ROY candidate miles austin? HE IS NOT A ROOKIE.....this article is so full of fail--just delete this thread and spare yourself the further scrutiny........

I won't remove it but if you petition the OM Owner and Mods to do so, have at it.

Or you can continue to just bad mouth posters.

:peace: :afro:

Peace Bro!

Pony Boy
01-03-2010, 09:21 AM
What good will the draft picks be if "The Coach" is just going to screw them up anyway?

"Chicken-Little"

gyldenlove
01-03-2010, 09:23 AM
Holy ****, what a piece of idiocy.

Detroit needs a number 1 WR? Is Calvin Johnson that bad?
Seattle? The year after they threw a huge deal at TJ Houshhehashdjwfkjhfd? I don't think so.
Jacksonville? When did they ever acquire an expensive player?
Miami? Parcells and Marshall, that will work - not.
Arizona? They didn't want to trade Boldin the last 2 years, do you really think they want to trade a player unhappy with his contract but under contract for a guy unhappy with his contract who is a free agent? I don't.
Cowboys might trade Roy Williams for Marshall, but not Austin.
Jets need to dole out a large pile of cash to Edwards, they are not saddling themselves with 2 big WR signing bonuses.
Holmgren already made it known he is keeping Cribbs, so that is out.
Tennessee could in deed use the help, but what would they trade the other way? Lendale White?

That leaves exactly Baltimore. I don't know that they have a player to trade, but maybe picks.

Pony Boy
01-03-2010, 09:37 AM
Sorry Buff, `Tony has had a few more drops including two big ones against The eagles including what would have been a game winner, all else being equal. receiving TE just don't get as much work in this offense.

Where ever Shanny ends up, he will be willing to give up more for Shef than he's worth. I think OU's Jermaine Gresham might be a bargain in the draft.

azbroncfan
01-03-2010, 09:50 AM
Since Shanny about canned Marshall last year I highly doubt he would trade for him.

Baba Booey
01-03-2010, 12:33 PM
Marshall straight up for Andre Johnson?

LOLLOLLOL

DolphinsJohn
01-03-2010, 03:16 PM
Marshall straight up for Andre Johnson?

LOLLOLLOL

hahahahahahahahhahaha